Speaker 1: All right, ladies and gentlemen are now tune into the Leak Podcast. We just did Bootleg cav and if he was about to go crazy. If you fill away, just know we talked about it. You feel me. And it's all displayed for everybody to listen to. So I know you're gonna tune in. Don't get it twisted, get it right. It's the Leak Podcast, the hottest podcast.
Speaker 2: On it, the hottest.
Speaker 3: Yo Bootleg cav podcast. Man special guests in here. I'm gonna let you guys introduce yourselves. You guys have a podcast called the Lick, Leak, Leak. It's leak. You know why I say the lick because it looks like leakor well also because the alcoholics but the licks were like k. So it's the Leak.
Speaker 4: Cleik. My name is Khalik Scott. Khalik Kalik Scott. All the homeses called me leak.
Speaker 3: This is the Leak podcast.
Speaker 4: See the drip drip like water like wet.
Speaker 3: Okay, so liking shit. So it's short for Khaleik.
Speaker 4: Click. Yeah, all the homes call me leak. So that's how it came to the Leak podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay. And then this is Yike Mike.
Speaker 2: Who You're a DJ, yeah, DJ, producer, graphic designer.
Speaker 4: Everything, and the co host of the League podcast.
Speaker 3: So how long has this podcast been active?
Speaker 4: Since twenty eighteen?
Speaker 3: We started, well, shit, that's me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I like checked out some of you guys and stuff on YouTube, and I was like, okay, you guys are like throwing live parties.
Speaker 4: Yeahhit got kind of intense.
Speaker 3: I saw like just the stream of like ass just like strippers and you're DJing, and I'm like, okay, well this is different. And then I saw you guys obviously do your interviews and stuff as well, but like, how would you describe I guess your podcasts.
Speaker 1: It's a lifestyle podcast.
Speaker 4: We do life with people.
Speaker 1: And I was doing this since twenty eighteen, and I really found, like if you watched our first episode that's on YouTube, I did what everybody does, get a bunch of homies, get a bunch of mics, and just wait for magic to happen. And I realized nobody knows how to really talk, and everybody just gotta sit there and wait. So I said, all right, let's go back to the drawing board. So I went back started just looking at what their issues were what the problems were. The main issues were the look, the sound, the branding, all that stuff. So then it took some time off, came up with the rebranding, and then we did the whole Simpson vibe. The whole Simpson vibe is like people fuck with it just by looking at it. Yeah, they don't even have to hear it, and they're already.
Speaker 4: Like, yo, fuck with your podcast. So yeah, so we did all that.
Speaker 1: I rebuilt the whole Simpson set, so that was like a quick eye grabber, the logo, everything, all that stuff. And then I was on this journey of doing what everybody else is doing. Get the artists, get the influencers, bring them in, talk to them, do.
Speaker 4: All that stuff or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then I got tired of talking to those people because I feel like a lot of them don't really know how to conversate themselves. They just want to come on the couch and get the dickstroke. You feel me like, let me just get my clips to look you know. However, they need to look on the ground. So I went on the journey the wind. I did a lot of big names, interviewed a lot of big people, got a lot of good traction, but I felt like I was working harder and not smarter. And so once I got tired of that, I'm like friends with like DJs that play in Hollywood, Yike, Mike plays a lot of these mansion parties and stuff like that. So when we're going out, I'm giving these DJs might drop for the podcast, and I'm like, when we're here, play this, bro, just play my.
Speaker 4: Drop in Hollywood. So all that stuff is happening in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: We're going crazy in Hollywood as it is with our own circle of friends and the girls and all this other stuff that we're doing. So we were doing the interview stuff, and we wanted to get into the live stream world. And the one thing that everybody says to me when they come over to the studio is, damn, you don't see all this on camera, like all the room and everything. And so I just took time to say, Okay, we're gonna go live. It has to we have to show the whole room live. It has to be different than the episodes.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And so when I decided to do that, I said, well, let's just do everything we're doing right now in Hollywood and these parties and these mansions and let's just do it on live stream.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to do it like everybody else, right, you get me.
Speaker 1: So we started doing it and it started off with one DJ and one stripper, and then we went six months. The second episode, the stripper that was on the show, I.
Speaker 4: Literally had a conversation with her.
Speaker 1: I said, look, just give me six months, stay down for the come up, and I guarantee you will be in a different place.
Speaker 4: We just have to hit every.
Speaker 1: Week for six months, and she said, I'm with it. And so we did that and shit went crazy.
Speaker 4: And it just snowballed and it's snowballed, and it's snowballed, and it's snowballed and it's snowballed.
Speaker 1: Until the last episode, the season finale. We had to stop because the neighbors, the cops, people were banging on the door.
Speaker 4: It's not just a party. On camera.
Speaker 1: The streets, they're shooting music videos in there's convertibles, the ass being thrown and my neighbors are just like.
Speaker 3: Fuck, is this at your house?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh so you do that at the crib.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wake up and cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah we cooked. So all these people that you're seeing are pulling up to my crib.
Speaker 3: So what is your history, like, just what do you do outside of the podcast? I mean, obviously you.
Speaker 1: Just well, I'm a creative, so I've always created. Prior to this, I was doing music videos for artists, so I was traveling, editing music videos and shooting music videos, ghosts, editing, getting hard drive sent to me for like labels and shit like that.
Speaker 4: So I was doing that.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I did one podcast with my friend Ziggy, and the thing I got out of that podcast was what you put out.
Speaker 4: Is what you're gonna get back.
Speaker 1: So I was putting out these music videos and I wasn't putting out enough podcast content. So once I got tired of that lane or that field and all that stuff, I said, fuck that, Like I'm over it. Let's just these people are paying me to look big, so I said, let me just stop making them look big and make myself look big real quick. And so that's what we did and we ran it up and it's been going crazy.
Speaker 3: And are you editing everything yourself?
Speaker 4: It's being edited in real time.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like switcher.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Once it's done, Yeah, once it's done, it's done, like you I because it's my crib I have time.
Speaker 3: But even like when you guys do interviews. Yeah, I know, what about like your social clips? Are you making those yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, cut up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know if it's like you doing it?
Speaker 4: Now I do it, Mike does it? We cut up?
Speaker 1: We really cook, That's what I'm saying. That's the difference between I guess us and these other podcasts. They either don't know how to cook, or they just outsource it, or they just let somebody figure it out. With us, We're sending clips back and forth. We're sitting there until three in the morning after the podcast, sending clips on the laptop, like, Yo, this shit is crazy.
Speaker 2: Use that.
Speaker 3: Let me use that clip.
Speaker 2: Let use that you like that clip? Man, I got this a fake after.
Speaker 4: Just doing voiceovers for his social post later on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you told me off camera, you said that, you said that you had an interview with my friend r J. Yeah, and his lady is Brie Carter, who's got a new project out. She's doing music, she's been doing music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was just on the show.
Speaker 3: Now, now you said that you had you didn't know that that was his girl, and you had.
Speaker 4: No idea, no idea.
Speaker 3: So you walked into that interview not knowing that. No, I didn't walk into your interview. I'm saying, but you had asked, you had asked some questions had you known, Yeah, you wouldn't have asked.
Speaker 1: Probably, not that I wouldn't have asked. I probably still would have asked because like the whole premise of the show, we talk about relationships, right, I probably would have just let things slide. When I look back at it, it's like I said it, we moved on, and then I doubled down on it, and that's when it was like, hey, yo, and I'm like, it's kind of what we do here.
Speaker 3: Well, what you said was your superpower is not knowing.
Speaker 4: The unknowing is my superpower.
Speaker 3: So what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I just asked, Like I.
Speaker 1: Think a lot of I go to a lot of these events. One of the things we do different than a lot of these other podcasts is we go to these functions. We go of these events, and we do interviews with artists and and you know, we're in the face with artists and so a lot of the times. And one of the reasons I have Yike, Mike and JR. And these dudes around me is because they're in that they know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the people were around, they're like, yo, go holler at him, go hill at him. And I'm like, all right, bet what's up. I don't got a problem talking to people. I'm a people person. And so like there's interviews where people have come to me after like yo, you asked him this, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I don't know what. Yeah, I didn't know why, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I just asking him questions, like you know, but I feel like that that's my superpower. I don't know too much about these artists because I don't have time to study. Like I'm literally like I'm almost like a dog when you know how dog sniffs ask and they just kind of figure out what's what's help with you? That's how I am with people. I'm like, what's up with you?
Speaker 3: What do you do? What do you want?
Speaker 4: What's popping?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: What's moving? All right?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 4: Bet on? Next? What do you got going on? Okay? Cool? That's how I am with people, you know, So.
Speaker 3: I know that, Uh the day in l A Homie had did a l A Rapper report card. Yeah, and what made you want to do? Uh? LA Area podcast report card? Uh?
Speaker 4: It's marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just marketed like for like I said, me and Mike we cooked. I cooked like I designed.
Speaker 3: I'm with the Huh how long did it take for you to put this together?
Speaker 4: A week?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You said this was l a area podcast report. That's what it looks like, right, Nah. I was connected, as I e based.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm talking about southern California, California, Southern California. It's a southern California. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well for me, like, I didn't really look at it like, uh like location based. I just looked like over here on this side of town, what's what are some of the outlets that are making noise and have influence over here on this side.
Speaker 4: So I didn't really look at like boundaries. So I don't really know where.
Speaker 1: All these are located, right, But I didn't go I didn't go to like the podcast I know on the East Coast.
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean, I mean the way I looked at this was I looked at it as like the way, uh is his name Dejon Dejon? The way he did at the LA Report. I was like, oh, this is like a obviously southern California based report card, right, So I see you guys got all tens, which is expected because it is your report card.
Speaker 4: Somebody coming And it was like, you can't grade your own ship, I said, And if you're going to grade your own ship, it's gotta be all you should grade your own ship.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking at this report card and uh, the one thing I can say is I never met you guys or spoke to you guys ever before. So when I got tagged in this report card, I was like, I'm always like, I'm like, I don't know. Let's like, let me take a peek.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this. Do you agree with your grade?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 4: Do you think like holistically like the whole thing like this thing is off?
Speaker 3: So I think we listen to what I say. Like with stuff like this, everything's opinion based, subjective, it's subjective.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying with you, you're with your opinion. Do you think this is far off?
Speaker 3: Like I'm not all the way tapped in with everybody, wapped with everybody on this, which is cool, which is fair right, So for me, if you look at like for the ones that you do know, like I love back on fig So I agree with you there, I think, Uh, brown Bag is great, so I agree with you there. I haven't watched enough of Gina's stuff to really give a grade on Hohle fessions.
Speaker 4: I had to do research on it, but I agree.
Speaker 3: With her being a ten personality. She got a D plus overall, but she got a ten as a personality, so I could agree with you there. I only saw what the Homie Watch Homie Quan said about the clap It Up La guys, so I am very ignorant to their platform, and I don't mean to be. I gotta check it out. But they got f Yeah the day in l a guy again, like I'm not. I know who he is, and I've seen him on other platforms, and I know he's got certain opinions about radio that him and I don't see necessarily. I had eye on and I'm sure we'll talk one day. He's got a D. But again, I haven't watched his podcast, so I can't even snippets. I've only seen him on No Jumper.
Speaker 2: What stops you from watching the podcast?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it time or you have to I just time? I guess I'm like in my bubble, So my bubble is like my bubble is like sports Joe Rogan. I mean, it takes a lot for me to like check out a new platform.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the lead podcast? Like, have you watched anything I just did? I just did this week?
Speaker 3: Which one I threw on the Azy Shrike episode? Have you seen the.
Speaker 4: List on a podcast with ship on his chest? That let off?
Speaker 1: That was the first time any artist came to the podcast with ship to get off.
Speaker 3: So what I did was I like, I just kind of looked over your guys and I was like, Okay, you guys are doing these streams. So I threw the stream on and I was like, oh, they got strippers and ship the djo angles, Like I've never seen nothing like that before. Like it looked cool. The one thing I was worried about is like y'all titty pops out, y'all get demonetized. Yeah, well.
Speaker 4: This is the thing with the whole Monday thing.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the whole thing was for promotion because we're playing commercial music, so we can't monetize it anyway.
Speaker 3: True, but I'm saying you might get your channel yangs.
Speaker 4: You know what, it hasn't nothing popped out. Yeah, we put like adults and all this shit. There's I don't know if you went on YouTube, but like YG's video has full on naked bitches.
Speaker 3: On your well you know what. We just talked about this like but naked. There's a there's a dude who went viral because he shaved his asshole on YouTube and it's still up. It's got like fifty million. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, there's a grown man who shaved his ass. A lot of people are on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a lot of people are afraid of Newton YouTube. But there's you can do it. There's just a way to do it. So I think you just got to.
Speaker 3: I checked out, like you guys. I love the set. I love how you guys recreated the Simpsons. Couch looks dope. That's dope. It's in your garage too, so it looks I mean it looks legit. I've seen some of the forty four Voto stuff that's to do with the orange ski mask. I like his ship's cool. I don't know who ox connected, so I can't you know DJ chart.
Speaker 2: Single yeah.
Speaker 4: Platform, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I like his tiktoks. He'd be uh playing the la stuff.
Speaker 2: Right everything playlist. I even like.
Speaker 3: Everything came my f damn. He hasn't dropped in assistency is off.
Speaker 4: I'm on that.
Speaker 2: I was on that podcast.
Speaker 3: I also like Okay, but but I like his tiktoks, I really do. So you guys did give him a social media content You guys gave him a nine, so that's fair, Like, like consistency is important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but like if the social media content with the stuff that they drop on like Instagram and the artists.
Speaker 3: But like if you give them a nine on that, that makes sense, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But as far as consistency, it's just not there. Like as far as podcasts dropping a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean I love Rose krans Ave, I love Rosekranzvic. I mean they've been kind of the LA platform to me for a long time. I think Homegoing Radio maybe could have been a little higher. But I'm biased because djhead is like my brother. I mean he just called me before we started this podcast.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but I feel like they're.
Speaker 3: Like I think consistency is their their issue, their issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, but I feel like they're in like this not rebranding phase, but they're they're doing different things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you you gave them like a ten on topics, eight on personality, ten on it and that really an important thing is the ten on impact and the ten on I.
Speaker 4: Give a lot of tens out this this report. Guy got a lot.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, when you look at a lot of this ship, and I like the corner Store freestyles. But again, it's like it's a freestyle platform from what I've seen. Again, I'm speaking from a place rents because that's all i've seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, And that's why I gave the personality uh topics.
Speaker 3: Before, because if you've got freestyles, what are the topics? But they do great freestyles. Let's see community B plus. I love back on FIG I love Community, I love their podcast. I like Icon and I think I think he's great on that podcast. I don't know about him on No Jumper because I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know, I'm just saying I like him.
Speaker 3: I like him as a host of the of the Food Community.
Speaker 4: I just need the energy needs to be a little bit more more energy.
Speaker 3: I need school, he did. I mean, I think they're like he's doing a good job of I like Food Community. They're solid. I've always fuck with him, They're a great follow.
Speaker 1: They kind of kind It was funny because I was doing a bunch of collab posts with a bunch of other media platforms, and they they collabed with me and I got somebody in trouble over there because they hit me after like an hour later and was like my manager told me, I can't post this because we didn't get so then they took it down and.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah yeah yeah, I mean a bees respectable Yeah, like you just got to run it up, no jumper c Yeah, let me see what. Okay, So personality A five. So obviously you guys aren't aren't aren't friends of Adam because he is the personality ten no no, no, no, no no no seven.
Speaker 4: No, But no, Jumper is not just Adam, it's everybody that's there.
Speaker 3: You're right. Yeah, so I'll give you that, yeah, because I do think there are certain guys on their channel that aren't great.
Speaker 1: I feel like they just it's it's like a revolving door and they're trying to find that that's fair.
Speaker 3: Now, that's a fair assessment. Shots a brick baby who's amazing. He just he's here actually right now.
Speaker 4: Some people that are solid. Some people it just looks like they're trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: And I do think they're really good I think you gave them a four on social media content, but I feel like they pump out content on social media a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think that it's not just posting. It's back in the day they were like the lead of the culture where you went to them for new flavor. Now it's just internet mess Okay, you get me. It's not No, it's not about their pocket anymore.
Speaker 3: Why do you guys, I'm assuming that the Dejon guy's not happy with this? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Low key? Well, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: Mean your own version of his thing and gave him a d Did you see the cover photo I saw holding it? I saw that. What do you think about that? I mean, I thought it was kind of funny. That's the post I saw because yeah, so I thought it was cool.
Speaker 4: But what do you think he thought?
Speaker 3: I thought he hated it for sure. Why don't he hate it, though? Because he did the l a report card.
Speaker 2: But it's him, it's.
Speaker 4: We're promoting him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the brand of the report card. So we got to do our respects and this is the podcast.
Speaker 3: You guys didn't pay homage to him in that way.
Speaker 4: Basically homage, but I photoshopped his hand to hold his own report You guys are nah. He reposted somebody's tweet online. He reposted somebody's tweet.
Speaker 1: That said it ain't valid if it's not Dejon doing the report card or something like that.
Speaker 4: And that's all I've really heard of it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, everybody in my comments is tagging them. Everybody around me. This is the crazy part.
Speaker 4: I haven't been blocked, but grind Face got blocked all these other people that follow him.
Speaker 2: Mike Nah, I made his intro for his whole podcast to beat.
Speaker 3: I made that. I'm done. Mike's a great name. By the way, I'm the one and only. So Hey, that's a sick name. What's your name? Mike? Motherfucker?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use that as a tag. I got that, uh.
Speaker 3: Tag no cab, But you guys gave me a a which I appreciated. Uh, I guess I don't really Uh yeah, I mean thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'll tell you why, because uh, there's some people that hit me up and try to make this.
Speaker 3: Like a racist. We don't know each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't know each other at all.
Speaker 3: I never ever spoken to either of you guys. I never followed you before this. It was unbiased.
Speaker 4: It's an unbiastaking.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you why because to me watching from the outside, I don't sit here and watch every episode.
Speaker 4: I'd light you if I did that.
Speaker 1: But the clips that you do post and the interviews that you do get I feel like for the culture, they're impactful, they're big names, they mean something.
Speaker 4: The branding is here, it's consistent.
Speaker 1: When everybody fell off with podcasting, everybody want to start a podcast. And one thing I tell everybody that tells me, oh, I want to start a podcast, I said, good luck. The hardest part about podcasting isn't these cameras, isn't any any of this shit. The hardest part is consistency and swimming and the fact that you've been doing it for so long.
Speaker 4: To me, I feel like you're the West Coast.
Speaker 1: Version of like funk flex appreciate you get me like he's just a known staple and artists know. They go over there to wrap, they go over there to check in, they go over there, go over there.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 1: And it's been a flag that's been over here consistently. You know, where people aren't like, oh it was here for a little bit, and then where did it go. He's out there trying to figure it out right now, or he's doing other things and he got another deal over here, so his podcast is suffering for it, and it's always been consistent.
Speaker 4: So from the outside, I'm like, that would.
Speaker 1: Be someone where I could be like, yeah, like that, that would be a good model to follow for anybody podcast.
Speaker 3: I appreciate them, y, yeah, definitely. Yeah. I was like, I was like, oh shit, I don't even know these guys, ar no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: But see, this is the thing. Some people try to make it, make it a racial thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't even see. I haven't seen any of the commentary about my grade. So there has been people saying that.
Speaker 4: Oh, my DM's crazy. I'm trying to dig ride.
Speaker 1: I gave full community a good grade because I want to meet them and I'm a fan of them and I need them. And I graded other other platforms higher grades than the black ones, and so I'm disrespecting the black community. And I didn't look at color. I looked at quality. Yeah, I looked at quality.
Speaker 4: Sound Like sound is a big issue for a lot of these platforms trying.
Speaker 1: To figure it out for sure, straight up, and a lot of the things that people don't value. It shows production value, production value. It's crazy and a lot of them got a bad grade in mind because it's the same setup. It's a round table with microphones or a flat wall that doesn't look interesting, and they just think if I talk, people will listen.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to podcast and do all this stuff the same exact way, like everybody wants to be a clone.
Speaker 3: Why I would say this like that was one thing? Because I'm not sure you guys. Partying on Stream is a podcast.
Speaker 4: But did you watch the whole episode?
Speaker 2: You might have seen the party, but let me let me just interviews.
Speaker 3: Very original.
Speaker 4: Wait but wait, wait did you watch an episode?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me explain to you what happens on the podcast and watch a full episode.
Speaker 4: Right. We are the first platform to give.
Speaker 1: Strippers a voice, not sit there and exploit them, not sit there and say shake that ass bitch and want to get in that pussy.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The turn up is a byproduct of our lifestyle. So what we do in our podcast is we turn up, party, have a good.
Speaker 4: Time, get everybody comfortable. Then we stop, get the girls on the couch.
Speaker 1: Podcast Time, podcast Time, talk it out When we're ready to switch the seat back to the music.
Speaker 4: Everybody's having a good time. Next person on the couch.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a really I would say this. It is extremely original. And because I was saying I was telling this to my boy Eric, I'm like, man, like, these dudes are doing something I never seen done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But because even just like when you hit play, like imagine if like I was like, yo, this is some ship you could just have on at the crib.
Speaker 4: Bro. My friends are telling me they are over there busting down trees and breaking weed up for all these what do they call it trimming or whatever, And these guys are just watching it.
Speaker 1: They're at work and they're just watching it. It's just something to put on. You could just listen to it.
Speaker 2: The music selection is already fired. Like you know, you need ox cord in the and the you have your homies, you got to kick back. You can just throw on the mix in the podcast.
Speaker 4: A lot of people get a lot of people got lost in the ass.
Speaker 1: But what they don't realize is that these same girls are with us for six months straight.
Speaker 4: Every Monday, every Monday. So we have a team.
Speaker 1: I got eleven girls that got the podcast tatted on them.
Speaker 3: I saw online. I just saw that. I just saw somebody had that. I was like, yo, check that out.
Speaker 1: On live shoot. Eleven girls on live shoot got tatted. And so my thing is is that it's.
Speaker 4: Like a road trip.
Speaker 1: You ever been on a road trip with somebody, like a long one and somebody who didn't know that Well, by the end of the road trip, you're like, I kind of know this guy, and I know why I fuck with him, and I know why I don't fuck with him. Right, And so the six months was a long ass road trip with these girls, and so nobody was rushing to fuck these girls. We just took time to get to know We took time to get.
Speaker 4: To know them.
Speaker 3: That's the problem most time people bring strippers around because eventually you want to try to fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but but but my thing is they're on the couch saying thank you. Nobody's ever just hurt us out, nobody's ever tried to figure us out.
Speaker 3: They just stripper's getting really bad misrepresentation.
Speaker 1: But one thing I realized in doing the pod was that stripping is just like working at Starbucks.
Speaker 3: I agree fully, It's.
Speaker 4: Just like they don't give a fuck about you.
Speaker 3: It's a literal job.
Speaker 4: It's a literal job. That's what I do.
Speaker 3: Your job is to kind of be your counselor or make you feel like they like you. That is their literal profession. My job is to make you feel like I like you. And if you feel that way, you're gonna give me some money. Then you're gonna go home to your wife, and then I'm gonna get off of work and go home to my boyfriend or my kids or whatever. Yes, it is what it is. Yeah, they're they're half naked counselors or naked counselors.
Speaker 1: And so a lot of some of the girls, like we went from the stripper thing, and then other girls started catching wind of it, and then we brought in some three or fours that are actually on fig and ship like that. They're coming in and telling their story, so it gets deep. There was one girl that was off the block was like, damn, is this church or a podcast?
Speaker 4: Like, what the fuck's going on? We have deep conversation on there, but you got to get past the ass. Yeah, you gotta get past the ass.
Speaker 3: I was like, I said, I love the presentation and I really just like the it's hard to see originality.
Speaker 4: So to me, it was like, so do you agree with my grade or no?
Speaker 3: From what you say for yourself.
Speaker 1: Like, is there something that you've seen that you disagreed with as far as content, as far as impact, as far as branding, consistency, topics.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is what I would say, there's something you don't know about. I'm very like I said, I kind of skimmed through your ship. I think I like your branding, I like the originality, great production value, you're building community. I don't know much about the topics because I haven't really seen too much to give you that. I mean, look, this is your fucking report card. Be honest, Be honest, because because I would say maybe impact would be high, Why would you say that, I think just because like when I think of impact, I think of I think of homegrown radio, like I think of like, you know.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: So in my opinion, an impact to me would be like the impact on either an artist trajectory. Right, so if you're helping like break artists and like you can go back and like see, well shit, you know when I think DJ had and Chuck did a Kendrick interview and like, you know, I mean I had one in twenty eleven. I think they had one in twenty ten. I think impact is I maybe look at that as more of like a longevity.
Speaker 4: Like did I make somebody lives? Like for me?
Speaker 3: For me impact, I think you've had impact on people who are on your show, right, these girls, and like maybe changing like the narrative on strippers and shit. But again I'm speaking from not the most Yeah, you know, I think impact to me though, is like like if I were to look at this.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me ask you this. Let me ask you this. Have you ever has anybody ever cried on this show? Like tears? Yes? How many people have cried on this show?
Speaker 3: One? So so to me that's different because to me, that to me, that's topics.
Speaker 4: No, that's not topics, because topics because when I'm thinking of impacting somebody's life. Yesterday we brought in an artists because we do music reviews on Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: Right, this artist sent this music in, we did a review, we liked it, so we brought him in the studio yesterday we played his music because we fucked with it.
Speaker 4: We brought him in. We're playing this stuff. What do he tell you. On the couch yesterday while we're playing stuff.
Speaker 2: He was like, this is getting a little emotional right now, Like y'all really like genuine.
Speaker 3: And so I think that's like to me, like, when I think of impact, I think of like, Okay, if we're talking about like LA culture, right, what are the what are the synonymous platforms that have been here the longest? Right? So to me, when I think of like a homegrown radio, I'm like, well, shit, homegrown has an impact that has been here for so long and they've done so much to help you know, they've they have moments in like la hip hop history that they've.
Speaker 4: Is there any clips of anybody's and.
Speaker 3: I would y'all know this. I'm looking at this strictly through a hip hop lens.
Speaker 2: So that's the time thing you're saying that's based on like how long they've been around.
Speaker 4: See, but see this isn't this isn't just off of hip hop because.
Speaker 3: So so I'm looking at this, I'm looking at this because I'm a hip hop guy. You know, I'm hip hop too, So so when I look at this, I'm thinking of.
Speaker 4: Forty four vo through doesn't he covers other stuff?
Speaker 3: News and right stuff. But so when I look at this, I'm i mean, listen, show some love.
Speaker 1: That's what's your name, Telly Spencer. It's a love podcast. It doesn't have anything to.
Speaker 3: Do with I'm not hip. But what I was going to say was like, I mean, look, because I'm thinking of this as like the La Rapper report card that kind of the same way. So I'm like, when I think of impact, I think of like I'm looking at impact through a hip hop lens. Now, the impact you might have on your guests is different, right, So I'll give you that, Like that's if that's the lens you're looking at it through, Like then yeah, I mean if you have people crying and you're changing people's lives and and then I'm like, I look down and I'm trying to see who else had low impact just so I could have some sort of So like, let me give you an example, right, the category of impact when I see No Jumpers got a seven, but I see the impact of No Jumper created two of the B and B plus platforms on this. So if you think about No Jumper from No Jumper back on figuring community were born, is that is that a safe thing to say? Because neither of them would have been doing content. I mean, they'll tell you so. To me, that's that's a big impact because if no Jumper, yeah, but I think yeah, but I guess it just depends on the lens you're looking at each one of these things.
Speaker 1: So for impact, for me, I feel like the no Jumper category, I feel like they were high.
Speaker 4: But with this is a recent this is recent.
Speaker 1: This isn't based off of past things that happen a year ago or six months ago or whatever.
Speaker 4: This is today, right, And so with.
Speaker 1: Everything falling apart like not his he did a whole orgy on his Uh.
Speaker 3: I saw that thing.
Speaker 1: So I mean it's not like his platform is hurting. He's impact, he's elsewhere, right, It's still successful, But as far as culturally what everybody went there for, it lost a lot of points because it's.
Speaker 4: Not what it's for sure, it's not what he used to it's not what it used to be at all.
Speaker 3: It's not but not hurting. I'm not saying it's not what he used to be size wise, I'm saying it's not what he used to be in terms of what people expect to gif.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he switched.
Speaker 3: He switched go to No jumpery to find out about the hot soundclud rappers. Now you go to No jumper just for you know whatever, what what do you go there for? I just like to hear him in whack talk. I think rosecrans Vic and those guys have had some You got him at a nine on impact because I think rosecrans have has done a lot to help push the LA hip hop culture.
Speaker 1: And and uh, just to speak on Rosecrans, he's he does a lot of footwork.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, footwork is there not just it's active bro. And he's on this twice because he's a part of brown Band.
Speaker 1: And and the thing about it is what I respect about Rosecrans. I'd be out at these events and he had not only is he there, but he has a team of people out there doing media for his brand. So it's bigger than like you get me. There's a lot of people that that are missing on the word.
Speaker 3: Rose is great. He's a great, definitely, and he's a part of brown Bag, which is one of my favorite platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just gets kind of iffy with me when you start breaking up the brands.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this, what is uh Okay, you have an F on here. Two f's d oh you got ox connect clap it up l A and uh day in l A.
Speaker 4: Yeah do you do?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Is it because y'all got beef with these guys? Or you? Truly?
Speaker 1: I got no beef with nobody in this world. I go to bed every night with like happy.
Speaker 3: From the Suburbs. I don't beef, we don't are you from from the Rancho trying to Rancha cuckamonga.
Speaker 2: Also tell them going crazy. I see the quarterback for the text play the ballad as my boys.
Speaker 3: I hope he's terrible this year because we own the first round pick for the Texans. I'm a Cardinals. I'm a Cardinal. I mean, look, I think this is dope. I think it's there's no there's no beef. I say this too. The one cool thing about this is it went viral and for whatever reason, everybody on this list got new exposure.
Speaker 4: Straight up.
Speaker 3: So even if you are somebody like, uh, you know the biggest bros. I got to check them out because I've never heard of it.
Speaker 1: The biggest bros is uh, uh what is it? House phone and Blasi? Oh that's them them, that's their that's their platform.
Speaker 3: I've seen their and uri and them Yeah. Okay, okay, so yeah I didn't. I didn't realize that. See.
Speaker 1: And the crazy part about these other like biggest bros, hold fashions and the community and all that.
Speaker 3: I felt like, then, well then for real, then No Jumper has three platforms on here that spawned from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but these smaller platforms. I feel like when they left No Jumper they had to figure it out on their Yeah, for sure, tell me, like, prior to them leaving No Jumper, it was just showing up and talk.
Speaker 3: I do love I mean, I mean back on Figure is one of my favorite ships to watch. I love Crail. Uh.
Speaker 4: I don't know the other guy's name, but he has a really good personality.
Speaker 3: Macwop.
Speaker 4: He's in the little room. Is the older dude in the little room. He's with the computer. They have the strippers in there too.
Speaker 5: Wait on what what platform on the Uh? Yeah, I don't know his name, Ace Boys So that's puny puns like the older dude.
Speaker 4: His personality is amazing puns great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's got the they got the yam cam going. They always got chicks pulling. So you guys have that in common whole fashion shouts to Gina. Uh yeah, I think at the end of the day, there's no way you're gonna do this list and not offend somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think I think what uh just like, yeah, it's just there's just no way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But everybody thinks they deserve an A plus.
Speaker 4: True, But.
Speaker 1: Every one of these podcasts. What they do on their podcast is talk about other people. This is the first time anybody's ever talked about podcasts.
Speaker 4: In a group. And that's what's offensive by it. But you can be offended by it if you.
Speaker 1: Do it every day right about all these other artists and everything going on. My thing is I just like to do things that nobody's doing. I got tired of just covering artists because there's enough people that do that.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk to the artists and they're gonna be part of what we're doing. But I'm gonna do things that people aren't doing. And when everybody's going left, we're gonna go right, and everybody's going right, we're gonna go left.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And this is what this is. I just put the spotlight on them.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's bad.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you agree that we should be keeping like how Dejon had the artist's report card, the whole goals to make West Coast music. You're gonna get everybody to get better, just like the platforms that are covering these artists. The platforms need to get these artists and cover them and so we can get you know, back up.
Speaker 3: And you don't think.
Speaker 2: It's wrong to hold these platforms accountable, just like we hold these artists accountable.
Speaker 3: I don't even think you're holding them accountable. I just think this is a cool idea.
Speaker 2: It's like we're owning them accountable, so I'm better get better.
Speaker 1: You know why, because I put so much time and effort into what we do, and I feel like there's these artists that are blinded by just going and getting content that they don't give a fuck how it looks right.
Speaker 4: They're just like, all right, give me a mic. I need a camera and I need to look like I'm getting interviewed. And people that go get interviewed, they don't keep these people accountable at all.
Speaker 3: To me, when you dive into like the specific categories, like you know, like the corner store guy, like you got a tan inconsistency, branding, originality, and impact. Like that's dope. Now he's got to see plus. But that's because you know of stuff that you're like you said, like.
Speaker 4: He just needs to talk more. He just needs to have a small interview part.
Speaker 3: To me, it's not even like a bad thing.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad thing, no, because his show isn't.
Speaker 3: That Yeah, and then I just know that like the the Dejon kid, I see the report card had a lot of impact. You gave him at ten to that because he made yeah.
Speaker 1: He got he got hip hop mad over here on inside. He impacted a lot of people's lives. He made people feel. I think when I think about impact, I think about feeling right. You can feel good or you can feel bad about me, you feel me, But as long as you can make people feel that's what this is all for. Everybody has an opinion, but can you make somebody feel?
Speaker 4: Right now? This thing made people feel and so for.
Speaker 3: That and you guys have ran into with this what do you mean negatives? Just like anything negative like that. Maybe you were like maybe I burned a bridge or like I have.
Speaker 4: People on my team say, hey, bro, we might burn a bridge.
Speaker 1: Fuck the bridge let's build a boat, let's fucking go like you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, real shit, because at the end of the day, if these people, if these people were gonna fuck with me, they would have fuck with me. I'm not worried about anybody giving me a handout. I'm not worried about anybody opening a door. I'm living life and I'm cooking.
Speaker 1: I'm in here just cooking, and you guys are just getting to watch the artwork.
Speaker 4: You get me, So I don't.
Speaker 1: Really this world is so big, this world is ginormous, and I don't have to worry about who's fucking with me and who's not.
Speaker 4: I'm just here cooking. That's all we really do.
Speaker 3: Am I mad at like when I look at the like actual like categories, you know, because I'm a fan of Gina. Yeah, so you gave her a ten as of personality, It's like, yeah, that's that says you're great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her personality is amazing, But I feel like.
Speaker 3: She's could the consistency be better?
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, the consistency, but it's not just that.
Speaker 1: It's like she's with Sway and then she's with No Jumper, and then she's.
Speaker 3: With old Feshions. I think is her own show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, offessially own ship.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying there's no like like brand around, like she's biding the brand now, but the brand is is her name.
Speaker 4: It's not an actual.
Speaker 3: Like right ohle Feshion Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean, look, man, I appreciate the love on here. I think it's interesting because I think, like you said, like you get people talking and to me, there's something to do on the Internet, and if somebody is like really offended by it, it's like, hey, man, like one, this is your opinion. Two, you know, maybe improve.
Speaker 1: And just like just like motion Mondays with the strippers was advertisement and marketing, this is the same ship. Yeah, it's the same ship. The difference is we're doing it with style. We're making fashion out of it.
Speaker 3: You got to show the comments too.
Speaker 2: People were saying the Internet is not real life, but this looks pretty real to me. With the bombs on the one time.
Speaker 3: Let me see who's there, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: We got uh storm the bards on their oh thank you.
Speaker 3: We got the comments on the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, because there's love and there's hate, there's booze.
Speaker 4: That's document there's awe.
Speaker 3: Some people are haters and some people support This is what I would say. I see the laughs. Okay, yeah, I saw getting great with my rounds, my Rose Cranspin, but my bag Brown, that's fire. Yeah. I mean, like I said, Bro, I think you guys are doing something dope. I think people like these kind of lists are made for people to disagree on and you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, not to disagree. This is a spark conversation.
Speaker 3: Spark conversation, So however you feel about it, it should spark some conversation.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's a conversation that needs to happen though, I mean.
Speaker 3: I think that there's people who take this shit extremely serious. And I think for the most part, all the people who I'm extremely educated about on this list do take it very serious. So yeah, maybe because like at the end of the day, like you know, like.
Speaker 1: You know, how many people start podcasts every week or every day, and these people watch these platforms.
Speaker 4: And they do this, Oh I need to do it like no Jumper, or I need to do it like bulet kV or I need to do it like this. And so my thing is, if we're coming in this game and we're taking it dead ass serious and we're trying to be hottest in the game, and we're trying to do all this ship. I'm move more like an artist than a podcaster.
Speaker 3: And like this is a great way to promote your ship. Yeah, yeah, straight up, because now everybody's got to go check your shit out.
Speaker 1: But but that's what I'm saying, Like we're coming in the culture not to change it, because it's going to change on its own, but we're coming to shift it and tilted to where we want it to be. And the way we're doing it is by telling people what we fuck with and what we don't and just by us moving out there creating content.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know all.
Speaker 1: This ship we just we just did a mansion party. Uh and the ie and the moment we showed up, the people were expecting us. Oh ship lead podcast in the buildings podcast as went from zero to one hundred quick. When we go in a room that's impact, We changed like this.
Speaker 3: Do you think impact? Also, because there's there's a couple of ways look at impact. I'm looking at impact through the lens already told you. Another way to look at impact is how does your content impact viewers?
Speaker 2: It impacts viewers because, for one, we're getting into real life.
Speaker 3: I say that because I saw what Watchabi Kwan said. Yeah, yeah, so so, but here you see something like that.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the whole black people are making you?
Speaker 3: I think I just saw what he said that like uh he in regards to the Clapping Up podcast, he has said something like your shit is like mant for people to like. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but essentially, you guys are doing parties and there's no substance.
Speaker 2: But if you actually watch it, there is substance. There's a video that was posted with him coming on the podcast and saying substance talking about God.
Speaker 3: Watching Kwan, Yes, okay, he went on your guys this podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had him on a year ago.
Speaker 3: I mean I think it's dope, man. I think you guys you know are I'll say this innovative man because I've never seen anybody.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because there's people that, like I say, with this, you know, you want to know what this did. We're in La, We're at all these events, we go to the pop ups, we're at the Sali store. He's spinning out of Sally for are all the pop ups that happened over there, all that ship. So we're active, We're out there in.
Speaker 4: The streets doing the footwork. People that I thought fucked with me. This exposed a lot of people that don't fuck with me, and it helped me out because it helped me cut the bullshit because we're shaking hands everybody. What what's what?
Speaker 2: We're exposing the real and all these people even when they come on the couch, they like this on the internet, but in real life not like that.
Speaker 3: So you're who would you guys say? I saw a MBJ commented but Roochie, you guys fuck with Ruchie obviously. Uh, who would you guys say? Is like your guys is like, you know, closest homie in the rap game when it comes to like like supporting, Like who's your guys biggest supporter?
Speaker 2: When we got YB in the mer Kay Beans, DBI bought a bag, True car Radio bass O g Maco.
Speaker 3: I mean there still lives in Riverside right Uh Riverside?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Naim, we got a show coming up.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like right now, like DJ, you know you know your DJ?
Speaker 3: You know, did you do my club in Scott Steele?
Speaker 2: I did eleven hours looking forward to meeting you, and you weren't there. Yeah, you know scumming, uh no, scum beats he pro produced, blue face.
Speaker 4: Producers and scum tell owner loaded up. You know, never heard you never.
Speaker 2: Heard of scum beats.
Speaker 3: I heard I heard that tag butt.
Speaker 1: So these are these are big producers in the game right now, their blue faces like main producers right now, right These dudes that are coming around right now, like they're tucked and we got them popping out right now. These artists are are in my dms right now, fucking what. It's heavy right now because they see the motion and what we're doing. And so we went from chasing to attracting. And my thing is, I'd rather be an artist, homie, than just send out a thousand d ms.
Speaker 4: Hey, bro, try to come on my show.
Speaker 1: The content is speaking and they're fucking what it's because we're all come to you. Yeah yeah, yea based upon what we put out. So I stopped chasing, I started attracting. And it's different, way different.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Hey, look man, I think you guys are attracting a lot of attention with this.
Speaker 2: We're basically just showing the culture like and then if you look at everybody that's on the show. It's not just random people. We do music reviews, people sending music every wind.
Speaker 3: How many times a week are you guys?
Speaker 4: Twice a week?
Speaker 2: People send the music, people send the music.
Speaker 3: We got DJs, engineers.
Speaker 2: We have people that come on and we actually give an actual opinion and not just get an opinion. We tell him critique, how to get better and what to do. Since we're DJs. If we like the song, we invite him on the couch like TV bag Party. He was the first Golden buzzer we invited him on. Now his song is going super crazy.
Speaker 3: He's seen that.
Speaker 4: No, we were just with at the club. Yeah, he about to come on. He coming produced for him too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like Vader's got like a wave going like his sound is like Yeah, it's kind of like if you go to LA He's the guy who you will hear his ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I'll be wondering how he'd be having all those samples and I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if he's clearing them.
Speaker 4: There's no way like the City, we had that whole dialogue on the show. But he's coming.
Speaker 3: He's not clear, but good for him. He's gonna get that kid check as long as he can until they come through and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, But so when we talk about impact though, like when we're going out to all these events and talking to the artists, because there's been artists that have we've tried to get him on the show, but they've said all we charge, and we've pulled up to them in person.
Speaker 3: This is what I would say if anybody tells me I've only had one person try to charge me to do an interview. Actually I take that back too. One of them was Krick Mack and it was five hundred dollars and I was like, you know what, I paid five hundred dollars just to hang out with krit Mac and record it. Whatever we didn't. We haven't done anything yet. The other one was bandman Kevo try to charge me ten grand and I just said, lol, out pass And then it has his people reach out trying to get bottles at my club last week because he was in Arizona. I'm like, but you got me fucked up, bro, you bottles. But when I say so, like, that's.
Speaker 4: A couple of people that try to charge two But those people I felt like, so I think.
Speaker 3: You guys pretty much are spot on because when I see impact, I'm like, okay to me, I think of like DJ head go and sits in the studio with these artists and helps like Big Bank from my g I'm not sure that song comes out without DJ Head, Like.
Speaker 4: But that's not a podcast. That's DJ head on his own, but DJ Head on his own, it's not it's not.
Speaker 3: Fair a podcast, that's fair.
Speaker 4: They have different accolades, and I think being spread out, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If that's like you said, and that's like where the brands are kind of spread Chuck. Sometimes it does interviews on his own at the radio stay so I get to.
Speaker 2: I just like saying, me and j are in the studio with like blue Face and making records with all these artists, so.
Speaker 4: The podcast has more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. Yeah, I mean I think you guys got a lot of this ship. But again I am not. I don't want to sit here and be like you guys are right because I'm not hipped to a lot of this ship. Like don't domind do you say this from Most No?
Speaker 4: No, no, but what I'm saying from yeah, from Most County, But from what you do know it's fair from the things you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean I would probably personally. The only thing I would probably change on here if I had it ain't something I think that the day in La dude probably deserves a little. I feel like he's extremely he feels even though I don't agree with most of the things that he says, like what he's just approached to radio and like he's honestly beefing with Head so headed. He says some shit about Head that's crazy, which you.
Speaker 4: Know, that's your boy, that's.
Speaker 3: Like the most selfless motherfucker alive, and he's been pushing this l a line for I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I heard from what I heard, Head be biased with some people. Though, Yeah, from I heard like he's kind of a gatekeeper.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is I mean bias.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say Head's biased. I think no, why do you think? Okay? You and the radio too?
Speaker 2: Why are you guysies every day?
Speaker 3: So okay?
Speaker 2: But why do you do you ever like reach out to other upcoming artists like the whole West Coast scene, Like.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, I'm trying to get dB to come DV by the back I've been trying to get him on the show for like six months.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you, what do you think is wrong trying to get him?
Speaker 1: Russ had Russ has us on his tour. He's stopping buy in l A. He's putting us on the media pass. We're going to be the only media platform covering that tour when he's in LA. Yeah, he's covered. We're doing his release party, so we're gonna be covering.
Speaker 4: The release party.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think and Russ has and Russ has him pulling up to our podcast as one as the stops wall.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be a if you're going to be a platform that I think it should be kind of like your duty to try to help up and coming artists. So if you watch my ship, you'll notice I'll have artists that not a lot of people know, but I just happen to think they're dope. And then I'll have artists everybody knows.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like, you know, for me, it's like part of what I'm I think that's that's the wow factor because because like I had Destal double on, and when I had Destal on the internet went crazy.
Speaker 1: If my my numbers shut up right, and then right after that we're bringing regular people on. But it makes people feel like fuck, I could be a par part of that too. That's the power and regular people we have.
Speaker 3: Like I'm trying to think. I mean, dude, I mean I tap in with you. I mean, you have the Russell on the podcast like two and a half years ago, you know before everybody was like uh on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's like I'm always just like hey, if someone's dope and I see what they're doing. Liked that. Mexico Te's going crazy right now. Him and I had a moment on the show where I was like, dude, I DMS you a year and a half ago and you hit me back. He's like no way, and I'm like he's like, oh shit, yeah, you know. So for me, it's like you got to kind of even in here in La, Like, dude, I've tried to pretty much show love to everybody I fuck with in La.
Speaker 2: So what do you think is the problem out here? Like just I support a John and were talking about podcasts the artist right now, why do you think the West Coast music scene? Because I produce on DJ I see what do you think? Why are we why are we not selling out here? Why is it not going crazy in the West right now?
Speaker 3: I would say the following The answer is already there. If you look at the artists who have word from LA in the last let's say ten years, right, Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy, Q, Roddy, Rich, Blast Iigu, tid Ale Sign and you can just go to up and down on this right. None of those guys music at a certain point in time. Every single one of those people showed the ability to make records that were bigger than what is perceived to be the Los Angeles sound. So if you think about HyG Yg Tutored and Booted was definitely like a snapshot into the LA sound at that time. But what really changed YG's life was My Hita with Gizi and Rich Homi Kwan, right, because that kind of busted open the whole country for him. And then what did he do put out one of the best albums of the last ten years, a classic. My Crazy Life is like the type of music that is un deniable. So if you're putting out undeniable levels of music quality, you could put it in the rafters next to Good Kid, Mad City and Doggy style and get Richard I trying. That's the level of music you need to make.
Speaker 2: So you do think artists are making that.
Speaker 3: I think that people are making good, good la music.
Speaker 2: What do you think about like the whole Silk City shout out three to one old baby, like that Detroit West Coast bounce?
Speaker 3: I think the Detroit shit. I mean, I think, like you said, like all that shit is cool. But at the end of the day, is that shit a snapshot into what's going on right now? Is it timeless? So you think that there's your question is is you should ask yourself because it's why I always tell everybody make timeless music. Timeless means if you listen to it in ten years, right, is Lil Vada making timeless music? Probably not? Is he making it be?
Speaker 4: Though? Because it's samples, it might be?
Speaker 3: Might be. What I'm saying is making Is he making hot records for the West Coast to playing the club?
Speaker 4: Fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But is that ship if you play back in ten years, fifteen years, or people gonna be like yo, you like, think about the jerks?
Speaker 2: We really don't know. To be honest, I feel like this generation don't know.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is this right, Like, timeless music always prevails for the for the next Uh, Toddy allis sign makes timeless? Do you think it was for that time though?
Speaker 2: Like, don't you think the kids now that are growing up, these high schoolers, Like people say, oh, they're making high school music.
Speaker 3: It's just TikTok gimm music at it? You think that shit? Right?
Speaker 2: That was an era though it was an era.
Speaker 3: But do you hear people playing I'm a Jerk in the club anymore?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Do you hear people playing Dreams and Nightmares in the club?
Speaker 4: Still?
Speaker 3: Yes? I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying. Hey, think about some LA shit balling by Roddy Rich and Mustard. That record will always be played, even if it's a part of your opening set. That record is getting played in the club. That might not get played every night, but that record is timeless.
Speaker 2: When you break that down, what do you think about a timeless record? Is the production everythat or just the song?
Speaker 3: Mean we're talking about I mean, look at I mean, who's the biggest LA rapper in the last twenty years. It's Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick Lamar is making the highest level of hip hop. You can make right, Like it's just it's just like.
Speaker 4: A lot of people weren't really fucking with his album.
Speaker 3: Whose album you're talking about where he sold out the Staples Center.
Speaker 4: It was just like it was just kind of a weird album. I mean, I don't think I thought it was brilliant, Like how often do you listen to that album a lot?
Speaker 3: For first of all, Kendrick Lamar EP is a fucking classic, all right. So if you think back to when Dre shouted him out on Big Boys Neighborhood YEP and then Kendrick dropped that I think it was the watch out for Dtox Freestyle? Am I wrong? What the fuck was the name of that ship? I think it was a watch out for Detox Freestyle. The thing about Kendrick Lamar is Kendrick Lamar's like maybe the greatest rapper of all time. So like again we're talking about he's an alien, right, Like he's an alien, so like you like, he's an alien talented person who's just making music to live too.
Speaker 4: He's not just sitting there rapping in one tone like.
Speaker 3: Kendrick uses. His voice is a tool.
Speaker 4: I would say, Kendrick to some rappers that find a formula and they just stick to that on every song, and you could take it and put it on any song and it'll work out on your last thing. Yeah. But what I'm saying is with Kendrick, he doesn't have that. You don't know what he's going to mean.
Speaker 3: Kendricks one of the greatest rappers of all time. So so if you like so, to me, the La dilemma is our LA artist making a real conscious effort to make like ship that works, no ship that will be here forever.
Speaker 2: You say, La, do you know II has a ton of plethora San Diego.
Speaker 3: I'm tapped in with all that ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I he's fucking honestly, boy, I don't think artists are thinking that deep into it. I think a lot of these street artists are just having fun.
Speaker 3: We just we just had a cam archer on the show from San Bernardino. All right, we got to stop the interview real quick. Tell you about our folks at my Bookie, our partners at my Bookie.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Listen, football season is approaching. It is preseason right now. I can feel it. Just have my first fantasy draft. It's time to get this fucking money. NFL is here. Go to my bookie dot ag right now, sign up for a new account. Use the promo code bootleg right now. When you sign up, they're gonna give you that first deposit bonus. Now, my bookie is crazy because no matter where you're at, you can go on. You get in on some of that NFL action, you can get on some of that baseball action. You can get in on their live casino, blackjack, roulette, slots, whatever you're into, it's going down my bookie dot ag. All right, sign up right now with that promo code Bootleg. They're gonna hook you up real nice first deposit bonus, free money to gamble with bro when you sign up. What are we talking about? Football season is here. This is literally my favorite time of the year as a degenerate. We must participate. We gotta get a little action in every Sunday on something. Maybe a little Thursday night football action, maybe a little preseason action. Who do you think is gonna win the Super Bowl? Throw a hundred on it? Fuck it? Sign up my bookie dot agus that promo cold Bootleg and they're gonna get you hooked up with that first deposit bonus. Also, want to give a big shout out to our family at King Palm. Man want to give a shout out to King Pom. They have the Sugar Sean. First of all, congratulations to Phoenix, Arizona's own Sugar Sean for just winning that title with UFC they did to collab with them. These are the Sugar Punch Pney Orange pre rolls, which are gas. All right, now, this was sob about King Pom one organic All right, we're talking about no tobacco, organic leaves. And what's dope is they have these turping infused tips that people just love. Bro They're called the Flavor Tips. Right, you're like, you bust one of these boys out. You know what I'm saying. You fill it with your stuff whatever you want to smoke, some of that flower that you got from Hardine and then you hit the tip and man, oh I just taste it right now, just flavor full of flavor. Now. Go to Kingpom dot com right now, use the promo code Bootleg and you're gonna get half off half off whatever's on kingpop dot com. If you don't know, King Pom is everywhere, go to your local smoke shop, go to your local seven to eleven. They got King Poms everywhere, so many flavors, so many vibes, the grapes gas Yo Kingpom dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg fifty percent off. Let's get back to the interview. The thing about Atlanta in the South and Memphis, tell me, tell me they are the sound of hip hop. So it used to there was a pocket in time when the sound was Mustard beats.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's the tempo, the one hundred bpms? The un.
Speaker 1: I feel like I felt like is Sem needs a crossover record and over in order for it to make.
Speaker 3: I mean, because I like the way you move is like his biggest record, Blue Face got on the remix. I just think like we got to understand, like one, if you're like Roddy Rich did such a good job of coming in and just making records, like if.
Speaker 4: There were a crossover cross over.
Speaker 3: But if you listen, even if you listen to like uh, like, listen to Racks in the Middle, that's eighty bpms. That's an eighty bpm record. That's not an one hundred and two bpm record. You know what I'm saying. If you listen to the box, that's fucking uh fifty eight bpms.
Speaker 4: One of my favor YG records is Toxic, right.
Speaker 3: A fucking amazing record.
Speaker 4: Amazing record, right, but it's it's like it's a crossover record. It's a commercial. It's not that record playing everywhere. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I feel like, once gets one of them type records across over Restort, then it's then.
Speaker 3: But you got to understand, like are you making music for you and your homies and and where you're from? Are you making music for the fucking Hey.
Speaker 4: He's just having fun, which is and yeah, and guess what.
Speaker 3: And to me, that's okay because I love LA music, so I like West Coast music, but I also can understand that, like there's certain music that has a ceiling, you know what I'm saying. And that's why I appreciate like someone like ge Perico. He kind of goes out of his way to kind of do different ship like he's wrapping on different styles of beats. Not everything sounds like, uh the way Geperico shit sounded five years ago, Like he's doing like his gangster grills.
Speaker 4: As shout out shout out was him steals Yeah, producer, I felt like they locked in and created they created a sound like that's like his forty how.
Speaker 2: Like very important in the West Coast. Do you think it's a lot of producers are a lot of beat makers because who's really locking in with these artists going to the studio session.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of beat makers for sure, But producers are like you said, you got to kind of like like Steals a producer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but to.
Speaker 1: See Stills come up and how he started and where he's at now, it's like, yeah, you're the superstar.
Speaker 4: It wasn't all these artists think about.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Roddy Rich.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Die Young was a song that was before Please excuse me for being antisocial. Right, Die Young is a record that if you're still in the club, you could just drop the hook, get in and out of that bitch. That record is eighty two bpms. That's not one hundred you know what I'm saying, like DJ, so it's like you know what I'm saying. So it's like, I guess what. Then Nli Choppa had to go and get him a Roddy hook on an eighty two bpm record. Walk him Down is crazy and that's what that's the dude from the South who was like, I gotta tap in with Roddy Rich. So at the end of the day, right now, think about blast everyone. If you look at NAS's got blast on his albums, Rick Ross got blasting hooks, like ty Dolla Signed was one of those guys where if you listen to Tie you might be like, oh, this is the greatest artist to ever live. If you listen to some of his albums, like There's No Box, you could put TI dollars sign in because Tie is focused on making timeless music.
Speaker 4: And if it's Tie is like a musician, he picks He's an alien, Yeah, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He's not, but he's focused on time artists.
Speaker 4: These other artists were talking about like they just write.
Speaker 3: I remember the YG mixtape era and the pushes Ink Ship, and things started to change when the music became more of a priority for those guys. Because you can look on YouTube, I have an interviewer, I'm interview in. Ty Dolla Signed, Bobby Brackens and YG at the same time, and at that time, Bobby Brackens was the most poppin and those guys. Tie has always been so musically like inclined that like it was just a matter of time, right, and yg his everyone's When he was on the double XL cover with the big yg Jan, people were like, why is he on this cover? He got one record tout in the Buddha people didn't understand it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: What happened was he put out a classic album. His first album is a literal classic, and it changed the way everyone in the country looked at YG because after that you got Ygi Mustard and Tie on the fucking cover the Source together, you know what I'm saying, Like it just kind of stamped.
Speaker 1: Like do you think in every team everybody has their own moments to shine? Like, do you think this is leap frog with like a lot of these camps that are moving together.
Speaker 3: Well, I think Atlanta and the South have honestly had the hip hop and a stranglehold for like twenty years. So the South is kind of like like right now it's like Memphis, you know, like Memphis, Atlanta, Alabama, but just that whole region just has I mean they're not let go of wrap for.
Speaker 2: You think the politics also holds back music collaborations, collab Yeah, for sure. So say like an artists, oh that this artist collab with this artist, especially in LA. Do you think a producer could change that and just have a hook from him and a verse of him and just make the song and drop it maybe. What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: But I think that that could be, like you would have to have both of them co sign it, and you know that's the only That's another thing that's unfortunate about l A is like sometimes like that's why I like some of the younger dudes, like one Take Jay and like Azy Chike. Well you know, Chike's had his issues with with Draco and the ingle weird shit or whatever. But I think that the younger dudes in LA have at least made a real concerted effort to like work together. What do you think is hindering them? Like the one a Jay as Chie. I mean, I think they're making cool music, but they just gotta make better music, Like make better music. Good mids No, the ship is good. It's good West Coast.
Speaker 2: Shit, like it's good out here.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite Rouccie, Like I love Ruccie's albums. I loved him and Shike's album but like I'm a fan of West Coast music.
Speaker 1: Shout out Roucie I feel like Rouccie is one of those guys where he's he has good music, but his personality rolls into his brand being and it's just like, you know why people love Ruccie.
Speaker 3: Ruchie's the best.
Speaker 4: We went after our season finale, we went with Rucie to Keynes and we took over Knes with and Ruccie is the best crazy personality.
Speaker 2: Watched the season finale of Most of Mondays on Leak podcast, and you will understand why Rouccie is a West Coast staple.
Speaker 3: And why Roucci and so let me say this about about Rouccie, right, Rucchie is a smart kid man and and I think somebody who's doing shit kind of like the right way since he broke away with Promognation is Gperico. I think he's a great example of any LA artist. Can look and see the amount of shots he puts up. He's putting out hella fucking product, and he's not afraid to jump on different beats and do different ship And whether or not he catches a quote unquote hit is one thing. But the fact that he's able to take Rouccie out on a national tour like they went on on a national fucking tour in New York, in Atlanta, in DC and did a tour off of what g Perico has done the last three years since you left Rock Nation. So Rucchie to me, Rucci is super smart and he's super talent.
Speaker 4: Was it you that told me that Rouccie, he's independent, has bigger numbers than he's artist.
Speaker 2: Is the biggest independent artist in l A right now?
Speaker 3: I think probably is they're both on Empire, just Empire Empire, They're both on the same What do you.
Speaker 2: Think about should artists drop drop, drop drop or be very slow at their drops?
Speaker 3: And I think, what do you think if if if I'm independent and I'm a rapper and I'm independent.
Speaker 2: I'm dropping best method drop every week, dropping every other week?
Speaker 3: When you do, I can't tell you, but I'm keeping that.
Speaker 2: Mixed mixtapes are singles. What do you think I'll drop a project out or just keep single single, single single?
Speaker 3: If you don't have a following, drop singles? If you have a following? What what?
Speaker 4: What? What dictates to following is the number? Is there a certain number that?
Speaker 3: This is what you gotta understand about Spotify right is Spotify is the biggest Okay, right. Spotify is if somebody from a record label, if.
Speaker 4: You're they're gonna check Spotify, don't check Apple.
Speaker 3: They go on Spotify to see your monthly listeners. It's just the standard. So when I say Spotify, I'm talking about whatever, Apple Music, apply it to title whatever. Every time you do a release, right, it's another push and impression to your algorithm on your plate, on your on your profile.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So if you don't have fans and you put a twelve song album out, that's one impression. That's one chance to hear break it up in the hits. So that's one chance for you to get an audience with this body of work that you put together, instead of you saying I could get twelve chances.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: If you're Geperico and you got a built in fan base, then yo, just drop it.
Speaker 4: But where's the middle ground to be like, Okay, because that's the extreme.
Speaker 3: You gotta have fans where you'll know If you have fans, bro, you'll know, Bro, you'll know if you've got motherfuckers buying all your merch, showing up and selling out shows. Otherwise, drop singles and build that following, because you're gonna build the following through singles.
Speaker 2: How do you get the I mean, I don't know, bro, that's the best way to just get that.
Speaker 3: You got to be extremely content one. Like you said, it's none of the difference. Most important it is consistency. Right, So if you if you pop out and you got one record that does well, but then you don't do ship after that, or you do a follow up and then you get discouraged because the follow up didn't do. Just keep throwing shots up.
Speaker 4: It's crazy is that there's a lot of big artists in l A.
Speaker 1: And the reason I know this is because we've they're they're with it to come on the podcast, but they're just like tucked right now.
Speaker 4: They had success, they have big records, and that's their l A statement is consistency. But but but they I don't know if it's comfort, I don't know if it's mental health. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: But a lot of these artists that were big, they just kind of go into hiding and take a couple of years off.
Speaker 4: When you don't have that time, think about this.
Speaker 3: Think about O g Z. He's on Atlantic right. O g Z is being just dropping consistently since he left Shoreline album singles like Oh Giz is on the road consistently. He just announced the new tour that sold out. Before that he was on tour, y g like for that, he was on his own tour. It's like consistency matters and it's super serving. Like at the end of the day, like you.
Speaker 1: Got to how long do you think an artist kul tuck after they drop like a big body of work.
Speaker 3: It depends on how big we're talking. But if like if we're talking like like big locally, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like like like Southern California artists out here, I think you know.
Speaker 3: You should drop three months later an album for sure, But I think motherfucker should be dropping singles.
Speaker 4: If you haven't hit, how long do you write it out before you drop something else?
Speaker 3: Like do you just ride that hit so you can still drop something else while also pushing the hit. It ain't like you can't do both. So if you have a hit record, it's going crazy push that record, but then drop another record.
Speaker 4: But I've heard a lot of these these big LA artists or LA artists that are over here.
Speaker 3: It depends on like people's fucking like they got new.
Speaker 4: Music, they got new music, But all you hear is the old stuff that works.
Speaker 3: What the problem is is most people will outthink themselves out of a career or overthink themselves. People think too much, they're worried about well I don't like the way the video looks, or you know, people overthink everything. I mean, I see it every single day with just people going close with to her artists like, bro, why are you sitting on fifty songs in your heart.
Speaker 2: Drive because you're waiting all go out?
Speaker 3: If you're waiting for the right time, when's the right time? Like, I agree with some fucking music out, bro.
Speaker 2: Or they'll have managers or people like these artists will have managers and people that say, oh, we gotta do it this way. Oh and I don't like that one, Like they'll tell them, well I don't like that song. How are you gonna tell an artist what they There's the thing is.
Speaker 3: Like in today's world, everyone's got a short memory, bro, So you might put a song out and if your fans don't fuck with it, drop another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We had a girl on our show and she's like, oh, I just started rapping, so I'm not really taking it serious. And I said, but if the ship went viral, you would take it serious. Like you're waiting too long to take it serious. You're waiting for it to blow.
Speaker 4: Any goes crazy. You're not even prepared for the moment that's going to be delivered to you.
Speaker 3: I mean they tried to pass the problem with like when when Perico was on Rock Nation, Bro, they were just like overthinking all his shit. They're like, we need a radio record, and then they would overthink it. And then Prico's like, Bro, as soon as he got out of that deal, that motherfucker turned up and like the proof is in the pudding. The proof of concept is there. It's like hey, bro, Like especially if you're like an artist who you're like, hey, I know I make fire West Coast music, right, so let me just make up for the fact that maybe I ain't popping in Nebraska, but I'm popping from like New Mexico over or like you know, El Paso over whatever. So let me just turn up and run up the catalog, you know what I'm saying. Like we use an example, little like Little Vada's like killing it, you know what I mean. He's getting he's running and getting bags everywhere. It's like, bro, just keep turning up and super serving your fans and if you catch one that's bigger, it'll happen. But like at the end of the day, like unfortunately, for whatever reason, most of the gatekeepers and hip hop aren't based in l A. Right, So there's that because you look at like the double XELF Freshman cover, it's a it's a East Coast biased process to where they pick these artists.
Speaker 2: Like when we talk about these platforms, though you don't think there should be a platform that should get to that standard of XL.
Speaker 3: Problem is this is double XL, double XCEL that's has been around for Yeah, but the problem is up But but but they're they're not relevant outside of that one cover every year.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, and understand this what we're trying to do and the reason we're doing this and pressing so hard and in everybody's face.
Speaker 1: We plan to be the new mt V, the new one O six in part, the new Lowerville of the music game of culture.
Speaker 3: And more people, more people.
Speaker 7: If if I'm not just trying to sit on the talk about l A is because if you think about l A, like we need more platforms because the whole entire industry is biased against LA.
Speaker 3: So you agree with what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no no, But but you think we need more No, No. I think the problem is is I think the podcast game is getting just as flooded.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that this music industry is operating at all times, yeah, at a non It's it's operating with a non LA bias at all times because most of the labels and the big big motherfuckers, Like if you think of like Adam, right, Adam is probably the biggest platform in LA him and lab right because that's based here. But like I wouldn't consider them like LA platforms. I would say, like Adam's mostly known for popping on like XXX and like Little YACHTI and like Little Zan and like shit like that back then. Right, So it's like right now, you know, if you think about what's going on on in New York, there's the rap radar shit, there's Joe Budden, uh, Noriega's in Miami, Drink Champs in Atlanta. You got a bunch of academics is in New York. So everybody double ex sells in New York. Complex is a New York based company, Complexes Media Juggernaut that is New York. All the people who work there. For the most part, they're New York kids.
Speaker 2: So you're just describing like all these big platforms out that way, not out here.
Speaker 3: No, no, So what I'm saying is in the way that like New York drill shit gets covered nationally, it'd be nice if they would cover LA shit nationally like the same way.
Speaker 2: But the problem is that the platform's fault is that because there's no platforms out here that are knowledgeable, I just.
Speaker 4: I feel like, well, but I feel like this.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of friends in Jersey and the East Coast and shit like that, and with everything we're doing, they fuck with heavy and you get me, and so for.
Speaker 4: Me it's I'm not like like, uh, let's say, for instance, like the fig community and the and the community, and there's like a certain street lane that they stay in. So there's like a bubble with what we're doing. It's this is like, I'm not street, I'm not hood, I'm none of that ship.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, to be like the MTV version of of to date and being that platform at the point, if we're able to to get the artists to be uh, to launch them out and they're not looking at just the artists, but they're looking at the platform who's doing it. They will get their shout out on that side of town, but they need a big platform under them to be able to shout them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think I think there's a few things right if you really think about like guys who have gotten like extremely huge, uh notoriety recently who are from the West Coast, it's because they're doing something different.
Speaker 2: Who are they?
Speaker 3: L Russell Larrussell's been on every podcast and true.
Speaker 1: True, but to Play, to Play, to Play, Devil's Advocate. L Russell's lane is live for performances.
Speaker 3: And I mean his music it's I mean, but he's bro. He's got fas. I mean, I'm not saying he doesn't no, no, no, he's got fans off of his music.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. I've seen this man in now thousand. I'm not denying his greatness. I'm not denying the people that showing up for him and stuff like that. But what I'm saying is it's like, uh uh, people that freestyle have a hard time making radio records.
Speaker 1: You get me in, So his music just hits a little bit different. His lane is live performances, his bars, his bars. When it's live performances, you just feel it. It's like, oh ship, people connect to it. But when you hear the song on a regular MP three, mixing, mastered and all that stuff, the Russell's records don't hit the same.
Speaker 3: But my point is, Who's I got love for you?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: No? Hey, I'm just understand who's getting national? Like l Russell's whole approach to this ship. He changed their music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he changed the game for sure.
Speaker 3: So he's been getting exposure on every platform.
Speaker 4: That's not so the problem is, but what song on the rate non radio?
Speaker 3: What song?
Speaker 4: What MP three of his is going crazy?
Speaker 2: You're just saying that because he's different though, that's where you get the bag.
Speaker 3: That's just hard.
Speaker 4: No, but like the MP three version of the live version, because the live version goes a lot of crazy.
Speaker 3: Stream the stream, I mean honest in the Russell shit, he puts an out out like every month. I mean, the Russell's doing numbers on Spotify.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that he's not. But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 3: What he's doing is building a community and building a co following like we've never seen while also changing music.
Speaker 1: And that's why that like and I'll give credit to the Russell right now, there's a lot of people that are scared that like bring people to my crib and do this and all that.
Speaker 4: Seeing what he did, it gave me the battery to have people pull up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, he's doing it. Yeah, let's do it. Like it's fine.
Speaker 3: So I would say, like, you know, it's important to like, you know, a lot of these bigger companies like Complex or Amazon. Like Amazon, a lot of the people who are running shit at Amazon now are LA folks. So you'll see like Amazon will probably start showing more attention through rap rotation and Amazon Music to LA artists because a lot of the folks pulling the strings on the Amazon music side are LA folks. So you'll notice that will change. So just a matter of like.
Speaker 1: But for me, like even like a lot of this young LA sound right now, the moment I hear click, click, bang bang bow bow, it's just like all.
Speaker 3: Right, bro, Now, I appreciate everybody having fun. And I think what you asked, like, how can LA music kind of take over more? It's like West Coast, not just West Coast, just make better music a lot.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a lot of people that make good music though, like II shout out Morgan c. If you don't know good music, I can show you some great music from the ie I artists that nobody's shigning light on the IU right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's l A l A l A l a. Uh thisler got the Bay Area, but I has.
Speaker 3: Tons of talent. Yeah, No, I mean Sam Bernardino, Ranchel, Kukamonga, Marino Valley, Ocean Side, uh DESI, Hollows Fire, you know, dud to damn thing from Sam Bardino. I heard of them. There's the other kid who we tried to interview like three times, but he just no show it every time. It happen. Nice from Samardo.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about no shows?
Speaker 3: I mean it depends on who it is, honestly for real, it's like someone no shows. I guess it. No show is different than like canceling. Yeah, but if someone just no shows and I don't hear from thin, No, but like canceling and you know it happens. Bro. But like the dude him Beezy, what do you think about him? He's busy, He no showed three times on the podcast. He does he have an interviewer he's supposed to. Do you know where he's from? Isn't he from Sam? Bernardino?
Speaker 2: What do you think you think that he's from Sam? He said that, No, where's he from.
Speaker 3: He's from somewhere over there, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen interviews he's from La.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess he's from La. I'm not.
Speaker 2: But what do you think about heim Basy though? Like what do you think as far as like him on the West Coast, like how he's he's getting played in like Florida and that they're thinking he's a Florida artist, And like from what I've seen.
Speaker 3: At least, like they think I'm not educated enough nationwide artists type speak on like what he's doing. Because I heard it his like a couple of records and I just thought they were cool, you.
Speaker 4: Know, But why did you want to bring him in? Because of those couple of records?
Speaker 3: Now, he wasn't coming to freestyle like I like to, like if somebody's like buzzing, I like to have him come up and wrap, you know. But yeah, no, he was supposed to come on here and and just he had like a car breakdown and his manager one time, his manager was here him in a little bit at the same manager or they did, but his managers were here and they were just waiting on him, and just he just had Ship pop up. I eventually, I'm sure I have him come up. You know, he was supposed to come up and rap first.
Speaker 4: When we had Dusta one, we were all the team got together. Everybody's like, desk was coming, all.
Speaker 2: This shit or whatever.
Speaker 4: I posted it.
Speaker 1: I had groupies pop up to the studio all this shit or whatever, right just because that Dusta was coming.
Speaker 4: Then he called him, was like, I got a flat tire on the freeway or whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you doing it? Like over there? Like and like where you're from? So that's where Yeah, motherfuckers, that's a drive bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah no.
Speaker 1: So but I was like, oh, Ship, here's the excuse. Because I didn't meet him until that interview, I thought it was bullshit. And then I looked at the story, I'm like, oh, he actually like fucked his car, you feel me?
Speaker 4: And so I just feel like a lot of people take things sensitive when you got I don't take life.
Speaker 3: I don't take anything personal, anything music related or industry related. I don't take any of this Ship personal. His TG stood up and walked out of an interview, and I was like, well that was fun whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't give the But was the energy aggressive when he walked out or was it like it's just like weird. But it wasn't on No, like it was just weird aggressive.
Speaker 2: It wasn't, bro.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like what's his name baby? Where he was like, put some respect on my name, my name wasn't like that. It wasn't aggressive.
Speaker 3: But I don't take any shit personal, bro. I don't care about no ship. My fuckers have bad days, these fools don't. I don't care. I literally don't care. Like you could have gave me an f and I would not have. I wouldn't have comment. I just would.
Speaker 4: We still happened, We give you will, we still be here right now.
Speaker 2: No, they made us get on. You hit the balls on the one time.
Speaker 3: I honestly probably.
Speaker 4: So. The fact that you got to a is why we're here.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean no, not just did you know who I am? Do you know who Yike Mike is?
Speaker 2: Do you know you never know the records I made?
Speaker 3: Or dj Okay got to stop the interview real quick to tell you about our good folks at Blue Chew. Baby, that's right. Shout out to Blue Chew man. Listen, everyone's always asking me does blue chow work? Of course it works because it has the same active ingredient as viagra and sialis. It is dick season out here, bro, you know what I'm saying. You gotta make sure that dick is up the par you know, you get on that blue chew and you're gonna never Like I mean, I'm gonna be honest, Like, do you remember when Barry Bonds hit seventy home runs in the season and now they're not letting him in the Hall of Fame. Like you get off that Blue chee. They're not gonna let you in the dick Hall of Fame because it's cheating, to be honest, you know what I'm saying. So Blue Cheo dot Com use the promo code Bootleg when you sign up. Now, this is what's dope about Blue Schoo, because you want to know if it works well. They're gonna send you a month for free free blue chew in discrete packaging delivered right to your door. But you have to use the promo code Bootleg. Blue Cheo dot Com promo code Bootleg. Everything's online. No doctor's office visits, No worrying about fucking having a weird conversation with some dickhead about your fucking dickhead. No, your fucking blue Cheo dot Com. Free month online. You don't even have to leave your fucking apartment. You don't have to leave anywhere. You just order it, comes into the mail and then you know, you, you just you know, you get to work. You get to work, all right. So use that promo code boot Leg and get a free month. A blue chew also want to give a big shot to our good folks at odd Socks. Now this said about odd socks, I'm about to reach into my odd socks bag.
Speaker 4: Oh man, look, odd socks.
Speaker 3: They got all of the fucking sick licenses. Recently they locked down Coca Cola. Recently they locked down fucking transformers, Saban power Rangers. We got you who, we got sour patch kids. You know, they got their odd socks basics. And I'm telling you the most comfortable socks in the world, in the fucking world, all right, and they can all be yours. Twenty percent off twenty percent off using the promo code Bootleg. If you go to oddsocksofficial dot com the most comfortable socks in the world. And they got draws and these draws are amazing. These are this is this is a small just so we're clear, this is a small Yeah. Yeah, chicks can wear these. You know a lot of chicks like wearing these booty shorts around the crab and shit. Odd socksofficial dot com whatever you're into. They got the license WWE scarface fucking breaking bad whatever. Odd sooxofficial dot com promo code bootleg go over there, get twenty percent off right now. Now let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 4: But I think the bigger question is would you be open to exploring the I E.
Speaker 2: Just yes, of course?
Speaker 3: How come you haven't? What stopped you? I actually like right now the one I want to do. So you know, I' from Arizona. So I've done uh Arizona cipher or I had like who I thought, because I've had like my favorite as artists come down to La we did a cipher. I did it with Tucson too. So my next thing is to do San Diego, I e. The High Desert like Victorville Apple Valley. See if there's anybody dope out there. You heard of Maddy Ice, I've heard of him, Yes, in Arizona doing the big things with artists out there.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, for as long even doing radio and in the music scene, why have you not have already been tapping in with the I like a long time ago, and why are you not? I'm just confused on why there's there's not no light in the ie right.
Speaker 3: Who's the biggest artist in I ever? Rapper?
Speaker 4: I mean rapper R three is from out there? Art is pretty big.
Speaker 3: I try to interview UR three? What happened we got to work on? He's on three hundred? Oh, I know why you don't like him? Busy because they got beef?
Speaker 2: Okay, girls Low Dev, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I've never heard Girls of Dev's music, So I've heard the name, but I don't know his music. And I'll be paying attention.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, came on the show, he told me about R three and R three was like barely bubbling. And then who's the big who's the biggest Afflee went crazy?
Speaker 3: Is it safe to say Drummer Boys probably the most successful ie artist that's independent. I would say hit boy, Okay, hit boy, but his boy also is like Pasadena to like his dad was he I E.
Speaker 2: Now he's fontanic Okay.
Speaker 4: He's so guess what he Everybody considers him an LA artist, but he's I.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, I had everybody from HS eighty seven Hit Boy's been on my show like thirty times. Everybody from HS eighty seven has. I mean back in the day when HS eighty seven was like moving. Yeah. My thing is is like, hey, there's a dude named cam Archer from Sam Bernardina, cam Archer, who to me was like an alien level rapper because I saw one of my actually my producer saw when his freestyle said it to me, I'm like, cam Archer, guess what the can.
Speaker 4: Ask you a question? What makes you care about artists? I just like, like, what intrigues you about it?
Speaker 3: I mean, I just been bro. My whole life has been hip hop.
Speaker 4: Yeah I know. I just seen you post that a happy Birthday hip hop and I sen your.
Speaker 3: Whole life man, you were youngest I was five years old. Is my whole life revolved around rap music? So you know, for me, I like if I'm but the question cam archer ship came across my my desk and I was like, oh, that's crazy, Like he's got to come rapp.
Speaker 2: So it just got to come across you.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. I got like fucking nine businesses going on at the same time, so it's like I like to discover new music, but at the same time, like how much of it is?
Speaker 1: But what I'm asking is how much of it is a business and just keeping it going and how much of it like what actually interests you about artists and bring them.
Speaker 3: In or what I do or are you just like this is what I do and this is the thing that you understanding is like the podcast is a great bag for me, but like, wow, I don't need this ship. I don't need this ship, Like I'm let me have it.
Speaker 2: But isn't this how you tap in with the culture and figure out This is.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. I just had this conversation with an interview I did from the Netherlands and he's like, why what pushes his passion? I just love music and you'll see me pushing a lot of like the type of hip hop I'm really into. Right, So if if it's cam Archer cam Rsher's crazy, I'm like, oh, your.
Speaker 2: Bias towards it if you like, this is this platform, I guess.
Speaker 3: Of course, if I like somebody ship and they might not be popping, I like you, so come up and show. Let me help you out with my platform.
Speaker 2: So it's not just to open like, oh I see I beating them, or if.
Speaker 3: It makes sense, if if if somebody is like, hey, I'm working with this artist and I check this ship out, and I'm like, Okay, I see what they're doing, Like maybe it ain't for me, But just if I only interviewed people I was into it, would I would only interview like twelve guys, you know? So if I see, if I see what someone's doing and I'm like, okay, I see what they're doing, listen, like or I think they might be interesting. Like there's artists who I love to talk to who I might not necessarily love their music, but we have dope conversations, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So what about producers and DJs though?
Speaker 3: To me, I mean, I'm not interviewing DJs unless they've like contributed like crazy shit to hip hop. What about producers, Yeah, I mean I'll interview producers. I've had hit Boy on thirty fucking million times. I'm working on getting the Alchemists on right now. Like, is it a certain level? I've had Mustard on a bunch. Yeah, I'm not just interviewing a producer because you got a yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Made a hit record that's going.
Speaker 3: It's not even that like I had. I had Jnari on the show and Dupre before, Like you know, I've had guys on But like, I'm not just yo. You can't tell me you produced a blue Face song and expect to come and sit down with me, like I don't care. Yeah, just to be honest is what is the I just don't give a period. I just have to care. To me. When I think of League of Stars and Dupre and Jnari, I think of like an era of West Coast music. I'm like, oh, these guys wave they started. These guys were a part of that wave. That's important in the context of the historical conversation of La Raps. So I would love to talk to Dupre and Jnari and them dudes about just that era.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you a question, how many people are in your ear when you go outside too much?
Speaker 3: My dms are a fucking terrible place. Yeah, I mean dude, I get sent ship thirty forty fifty one hundred times a day.
Speaker 2: You got security when you go out?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no they come and rob me?
Speaker 2: Bro, No no not rob no no no, no no no.
Speaker 4: We're getting to a point.
Speaker 3: I know I've never had security.
Speaker 4: I mean no, we're getting to.
Speaker 1: A point right now where it's not security for safety, is security to keep people away.
Speaker 4: Like the crazy part about.
Speaker 3: It is I don't care about none of that shit. I mean, look, you can walk up to me, I'll talk.
Speaker 2: That's no grabbing on you though.
Speaker 3: But when nobody, when nobody can say about me, is that they ever came up to me? And I was like, I never have big I don't know a big timer. I'm just like, hey, I'll talk to anybody.
Speaker 2: But it's not just talking.
Speaker 3: I just went to the Big X the plug concert. Yeah I want to.
Speaker 1: You'll say you'll talk to anybody until you have a drunk person trying to tell you. I need to be on your podcast, bro, because I'm gonna say the craziest ship.
Speaker 3: I own the nightclub? Bro?
Speaker 4: Do you hear all that?
Speaker 3: When I walk through my club in Arizona, every yo put me on the podcast and response, No, right then and there, Yeah, no DM ME or ship And if I get around to it, I'll check it out. But no, yeah, like I'm not just I'm not just putting you on my plate just because so.
Speaker 1: Hey, so I don't get so so it's a general census. Hollowing at a podcast or the club isn't the move.
Speaker 3: What do you hope to achieve?
Speaker 4: No, I know, I just want the audience to know.
Speaker 1: No, So hallowing at a podcast or to get on the podcast in public is not the place to do it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: People want me to play their songs on the radio and it's unmixed mastered and tell them dirty.
Speaker 2: Like may you wanted me to send? They send me music and it's like, bro, you really want me to play this at this top of party.
Speaker 3: I'm on the radio every single day in twenty five cities La Vegas, Miami, Tampa, fucking At Phoenix, Tucson, Madison, Wisconsin, Flint, Michigan, every single day, four hours a day. I'm on the radio. Right now, you're gonna get in your car at seven and twenty minutes you'll hear You'll hear the bootleg cap showing Real ninety two three as soon as you get in that car. So fuck like, what if I don't know you? Shit? Like what I'm trying to I'm gonna play some shit. It's gonna be some shit that makes sense. Bro, You got to compete against Drake on these airwaves. Motherfucker. You think I'm gonna play your local rap shit. That's not how that shit works. Yeah, it's a business, you know what I'm saying. Anyway, Well, look, go watch the YouTube channel Mondays and Wednesdays, right, they could check this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, money us.
Speaker 2: No, Instagram Instagram Live aally live.
Speaker 1: Oh actually yeah, so look motion Mondays was on YouTube. You could go see all the motion Mondays we have uploaded. We're now changing the game right now. We're the only podcast right that I've seen that is going live on Instagram that looks like full production with these mics and cameras and everything. We have a whole vertical display that goes straight to Instagram Live.
Speaker 3: So you have YouTube and Instagram Live simultaneous. Yes, yes, it's for ig and the YouTube channels.
Speaker 1: People go, I like you podcasts leak podcasts, not liquid look and ship it's the leak podcast like wet like water, like that ship.
Speaker 3: Is and you can check out the report cards.
Speaker 2: And when we say we got an A plus and you got to think about it, we're innovating.
Speaker 1: We're creating the dialogue with anybody about my A plus.
Speaker 2: Just name another podcast for one. We could just get who's going on Instagram live Monday Wednesday? With the setup, the display, everything there can't answer that question for us.
Speaker 4: Why US is deeper than just the microphone. There's real artist.
Speaker 2: Because producers, DJ's engineers, we make music. We're actually artists.
Speaker 4: But it's not just music. We're creating the deep in the podcast.
Speaker 3: It's deeper.
Speaker 1: We're creating the brand and doing all that photoshop ship. We're not going to fiver and paying somebody.
Speaker 2: We're making our own drip and wearing it fly. We're at the parties. We're looking saucy drip. The artists that are at the clubs and parties are at We're having more motion and more people trying to be Ciaga.
Speaker 4: We're next to these rappers that don't know how to wear Balenciaga and.
Speaker 3: Left the designer wear them in instead of design.
Speaker 2: Where the new Lowerville is the new street, weear brand of the Inland Empire. So cow now whatever you want to say.
Speaker 4: The man shut up.
Speaker 8: Shout out to the man. I just had to tell keV. Right man, it's going crazy. And right now y'all don't know it or not. Producer's going crazy. So DJ Eric justin girls Love, they have the artistry out there is going crazy.
Speaker 3: Morgan.
Speaker 2: See it's going crazy right now. This is a way that's coming up. The young kids, they got it, the youngins, they got it.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got I'm on the I'm on the radio.
Speaker 2: I got to get you hip, keV.
Speaker 3: I got to get you hip.
Speaker 2: I'm like Mike, this is what I do. I'm in the culture.
Speaker 3: Tell you what you give me a list of ten artists who can rap?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you this when you okay, it was cipher, Okay, ten of them we're going to do. They gotta rap, Yes.
Speaker 3: They can't funk around. They gotta be able to Okay.
Speaker 2: And I got to ask you this question as I engineer and all that range, real producer, but I got to ask you this. When you look at artists, do you does the look do you think the look hinders them? Or if they can just have a crazy flow, crazy voice, you think the image hinders I don't know, bro, there's no right or do you not look at that stuff that doesn't no right answer?
Speaker 4: No, Look, we're not looking for right answer.
Speaker 3: Looking not because there's examples of people who you would not think are have an image that pop. There are people who don't have star quality that become stars. There's no exact science.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that because I hear a lot of people saying, oh, you don't look the part, just because you can have you can be talented to have all this in that, but if you don't look the part, not going to be able to get of the.
Speaker 3: Way to look like ship. You know, like you should look representable. If you're an artist, you're a product. What everyone needs to understand is you and your music, both of you are products.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: The image right, yep. No, you're a product.
Speaker 4: You're a product.
Speaker 3: That's image though, right, I mean it's a part of it.
Speaker 2: So the image, your image might even be that you are like you're the product.
Speaker 3: You're homeless.
Speaker 4: Understand you're the product, but you are a product that is being sold. Make no mind, understand your product.
Speaker 3: If you do not look at yourself like a product. Then you're fucked, because this is the music business. This is not the music community. It's business. You're a product. Your music is a product, your live show is a product. If you don't look at it as I'm a product, then you're fucked. Who cares about your fucking talent?
Speaker 2: Talent? You think talent doesn't work. It's all about hard work.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of talented people.
Speaker 3: Do you think I know talented? Are I know a level talented motherfuckers that you'll never know about because they're lazy as fun. They're lazy, and they're they think that they're entitled because they're so good.
Speaker 2: I hear a lot that like talents of people think oh I'm so good.
Speaker 3: This is music that you ain't got to put in the work. You could be talented all you want. If you ain't willing to fucking get over yourself and put the work in, then you're fucked.
Speaker 2: It's like an agenda that people that have talent, they have like, oh, all these people are I'm better than them, and all.
Speaker 3: Right, well, good luck, man, have fun being talented in your bedroom. Listen. I appreciate you guys pulling up the Leak Podcast Mondays and Wednesdays. Check out their live streams Man Instagram Live into the Leak Podcast.
Speaker 2: Can we get the bombs on him too? Can we get the bombs hit the bombs on him?
Speaker 4: Right? Hey?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You just watched another episode of the blueleg Cap podcast brought to you by Hard Dean. Baby. Shout out to the family at hard Dean. Don't forget. Make sure if you're in Las Vegas, you get into that taxi as soon as you land to get into that uber. Say take me to Hard Dean. All right, they gonna take get you. Taken care of the most craziest premium selection of cannabis you'll ever find. Under one roof. It's a vibe in there, the butt tenders, they gonna take care of you. Man, listen, tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you right. Shout out to the family at Hardean in Las Vegas, the number one dispensary in the world, all right, and we are so proud to be partners with them, So shout out to Harden. Go follow them online Hardan Underscore Las Vegas and check out their website Hardinlasvegas dot com. Get you some swag. You know you can't buy this, but you know, yeah. Shout out to Hardeen