Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Maw here come to America. What's up Pensacola.
Speaker 2: I see you.
Speaker 1: Suffrins in Georgia. I see that you're ready. Oh man, look at Maine as ready. What are you doing? Listen to the show in Maine, Glad you're here.
Speaker 3: Huntsville, Alabama, Brookwood Hospital, Oak Grove, Alabama. All over Mississippi, Bullock County, Parcell.
Speaker 1: Farms is in the half.
Speaker 3: The Flying Elvis is Silicaga Chapter is ready, Calhoun County.
Speaker 1: You better believe they're ready. Five Star Company Indicator Alabama's ready. Hey, go by and pick up that stuff in the storage building for me, would you? The Big O is ready? Yellow Creek, Tuscaloosam. The coal haulers in Parish, Alabama, hard working brothers shout to the radio. I'm ready. Here we go. Larry and Tigger. They're in Titus, Alabama, in Laarol, Mississippi there in well that's funny. Uh. Also, thank you for Laco. We see you, Ozark all you my goodness, there's a There'sparance, Alabama. The hawk Land's there, the Whidakers, Gregor a Ready. So so everybody's pouring in on the Text Nation. God's is that not like coming? What I love about when we started doing that with the Text Nation. It really truly is like running onto the field. It is, you know that they they become the marching band, they become the crowd. They're screaming because I'll just high fives all the way out. I just have to be real with you. When you do what we do in the live setting. Okay, I'm talking strictly live setting. When we do it, it can feel lonely. It can't, yes, and it's good to know you're not alone.
Speaker 4: It is talk out walk out right yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: See it's a it's a lonely addler. Can't even put a sentence together about it.
Speaker 4: It's dark out right side.
Speaker 5: It's a lonely road this time of day, don't y'all.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, especially when you're driving and think with nobody catching this right now, what do we do if you tell about I drive from miles and don't see another car, and then you see the car, and then you see it. Then you see text Nation and you're like wow. So there's a lot of people's the world starts at five am, a lot of people with us. You know, back back when the pretty important that's six am on the East coast, back when everybody would go to the mall.
Speaker 5: Uh and it was a big deal on Black Friday, when you remember they would open it easy and look they didn't open up the day before and all the now it's like Black Friday's Black Friday, but all the sails is going on. I would always be coming in to do the best of on that day and I would the road I travel, I go right past the mall, and I would see the parking lot with the hell and people were lined in and I and I would I'd be driving going, boy, they need me today, I know. But it would fire you up because it's like I see other people out because normally this time of day you just don't. Well, we're doing it live and we come in. It's it's early early in the trash truck yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize we were starting to grab a little ground there in the state of Maine. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well look ready, hey, you never know, there's people. It's a state in this country. You know, it's not a very big one. I think we could get everybody there.
Speaker 1: Yes, spread the world. Put some yard signs. Sure, we're going to double.
Speaker 5: The Rick Birdes show yard sign just like that is.
Speaker 1: A good idea. Yeah, like when they put what college your boundary is, We're gonna have to promote our show. We just do that, right, we'll get better. We're gonna take a trip to Dublin, Georgia, and then we can just keep going up to Maine. See what's happening.
Speaker 4: Okay, get some lobsters.
Speaker 5: Which way is Dublin, right, it's south south Atlanta, South Georgia.
Speaker 4: That's to the right of alve Mount.
Speaker 1: I got that part, and we'll get on the southern part. We'll get a Baddler. We'll get Adler on my way to Black Chair. If you sure did, We'll get Addler a yard sign and it can say Rick bird your show fans at play. Yes, Yes, I like it.
Speaker 4: I moved my lawn. I took a picture of it and It doesn't say slow children at play. That's as you say, it says children playing slow down, which is better?
Speaker 1: What did you do customize yours or something?
Speaker 4: I think know the words gotten out that they changed the sign.
Speaker 1: That's probably why.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's why I see where Doublin's property values, because people didn't want to have their families near the street sign that says it, Oh, what's that?
Speaker 4: What's that speed?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I was looking to see it's it's if you're coming from Atlanta, you go through Making and you're headed towards Savannah, and there you are in Dublin about halfway by the way the walls on down there Gray, there is an airport close there's.
Speaker 4: An airport close by. That's something.
Speaker 1: It also violates to me. Violates to me, you know when I have to make decisions. Yeah, you know when am I going to drive this? I'm just gonna tell you the distance to Dublin. Yeah, it's beyond my I'm three. I cut it off three three and a half. Yeah, I will not drive further. That's going to get you. That's good. Hey, it goes further than that. I'm going to the plane.
Speaker 4: I'm an eight hour guy eight hours is my max.
Speaker 1: I do not. You're in a sweet van though, yeah, you're driving a house.
Speaker 4: There's rumbling, there's rumbling and bumbling of and rumors that the trip to Dublin, George is going to feature a van. What that's We got to talk and the table and Larry even asked for it in the comments. I want to meet you, you should. I wish you would come. And Projects and Speedy and Greg and I we're talking and we're like, I'm not going to t really for the show. It would be road the three of us in the sweet a van and we go to see Larry and his patch collection, which is that's for anybody that does know, that's what we're going to check out A random caller and listener of the show that has a patch collection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the only person alive that has one.
Speaker 5: And I don't forget too that there's a listener listeners of the show that they've invited to. I think I got an email from somebody that's traveling from Texas to go to Dublin and spend the night and see the collection.
Speaker 1: They were coming through time.
Speaker 4: I think I saw in the night with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well said Larry listener that bought Larry some cigars?
Speaker 1: Right right, all right, so let's go back. I've noticed that Larry and I can't get this rise it Carolyn or Caroline Carolyn. You know these Carolyn Caroline people lay Yeah, like it throws me because Bennie Rose's wife is Caroline, and then you got Carolyn, you got Caroline. Yeah, there's a lot of that, you know. Anyway, So she's not any Rose's wife. Right, But I'm talking I deal with to but you we I'm talking about you have to call and which one? Which one? Am I talk? Yeah? But then no, Bennie, he's now he let us meeting and run along yesterday and didn't prioritize Bible study. But all right, so so the you know Greg don Dave was not here. He's recovery check on him. I told him, I told him something that when I said it, I knew it probably wasn't right, but I said it. I told him that Greg was praying for him, and I thought, why did I say? Why would I not Rick? That's well That's what I would ask you. Yeah, have you I mean I like Bena, have you am I praying for donnad for the Peani. That's that's a tough question. But anyway, do you remember you remember Carolyn and Larry. We need to pick up on this, like what I called the butterbean incident down at camp House, where I casually discussed with those ladies, I'll let you know if we're coming and if we and if we're coming, then that you'll know. And I thought, well, since I didn't tell you we're coming, that never got solidified. And in their mind the day it was mentioned, it was solidified. And I've realized Larry and Carolyn are in that camp. If you mentioned something that you're can considering, they put it down, it's done and on the calendar. Yeah, yeah, on us? Is it? Well? I mean I didn't hear us commit today, right, Yeah, you're coming this week? You know.
Speaker 4: They kind of jumped to the conclusion.
Speaker 5: You and I probably need to go to Rainbow Omega before that.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're doing that. Yeah we are.
Speaker 5: We're doing checking an event for them in August again, and we need to go by.
Speaker 1: Does it does it no offense? And I know that likely they're they're listening, and here I go, Does it concern y'all at all that we truly don't know these people. No, you know, I feel okay, all right.
Speaker 5: I had to remind myself of that when I was telling Terry I might be gone, uh to Dublin. I feel like I do know them better than I probably really do.
Speaker 1: That's correct. You know, it's impossible for you know them real well since you've never met that It would make a good movie if you were writing a storyline about these joyful, jolly people when we come to visit and say.
Speaker 4: Hold on, guys, don't go, don't do this saying it is don't do the sound.
Speaker 1: By the way, y'all pay no attention. You're gonna see over here on my desk, and now I kind of bring it in here. Yeah, you might see a random blank piece of paper and you might send me johtting some names down. Okay, I do not think those are people that I'm considering. You're replacing you off something bad. Okay, that's all about you know, you kind of have to plan. Now, Larry's gonna think we said he's a serial killer. No movie y'all got him in it. That'd be a good storyline. Oh yeah, right now, right now, if it goes south, I've got on my list, J t Ryan Greenwood, and.
Speaker 5: Hoby Oh okay, there we go. His signature on all the desk is he leaves a patch on their forehead.
Speaker 6: Killer.
Speaker 2: He is the Rick Burgers show.
Speaker 1: Okay, harvest Host, if you love to get in that RV and hey baby, we going on a family trip. Here we go. Actually, I was talking with a friend just the other night at a dinner and he was talking about he remembers when his dad got an RV and he said, we went all the way from Miami to the West coast. He said, you talk about seeing America on the road. There's something special about it, but there's a lot of things that can be a hassle. So harvests Host is saying, look, if you're planning a road trip, you know hotels are expensive, you know camping, you know is sometimes not the best, and you want some high comfort, low cost alternatives. Whether you need harvest Host to take your road trip and turn it into something that will be pleasant and may be RESTful as opposed to a nightmare and a hassle. So harvests Host, if you hon a rent an RV, go ahead and get your harvest Host membership. You'll get unlimited no fee overnight RV stays at ninety five hundred locations across the country and Canada. It's only seventy nine dollars a year, and you book your favorite destinations and enjoy unique RV stays all year long. Hey, you tired of being bored out of your mind parked at some rest sterium. Harvest host says, no, no, no, Let's get you overnight at some amazing locations. Let's maybe take you to a museum park, there, a beautiful farm you like, golf at a golf course, even a drive in theater, maybe an orchard of some kind, you know. And so there's all kinds of opportunities and new destinations and you get to support unique businesses across the country along the way. People are raving about this, It says every time that we book through Harvest Hosts, the host are helpful, they're welcoming. I had electric hookups for an RV and even they let us stay a few extra nights. Usually the host will confirm with you within five minutes. And they have fifty thousand five star reviews. That's a lot of RV folks saying this changed our world. Let it change yours. Head to harvesthost dot com use our code RICKB for twenty percent off harvest host membership. Once again, that's harvesthost dot com for twenty percent off, and make sure use my promo code RICKB. So they know that I sent you, you know, knowing what's going on out there while you're doing the show. You know, the podcast world is different, like when I looked up on the text Nation and they shouted out podcast worlds here fourteen hours behind. But we're here. Yeah, you know, they live a different world. You never know when they're there. You know they're there, you just don't know when. So you were thrust out in the middle of what is in the biz called morning drive borning and one of the busiest parts of town doing parking lot passwords speedy by me. Lunch yesterday went well great, it sounded you know, it was entertaining and you were listening to the show. What was it like listening to the show? Well, it was it was kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, and I'm like, hell, I lot the energy and I started, you know, I was I was busy listening to the show and trying to play traffic like twenty and that didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Well, well, they didn't accept that we have to turn.
Speaker 5: The radio down at times for that. But man, bumper to bumper, traffic and stuff. But I you know, and some look, this isn't just me, but when some of us leave the studio, it's time to pile on that person. You know, it just as fun, sure, you know, And so I get that. Matter of fact, I even laughed at one of them. But I heard you make a comment, and I'm like, well, now, why would he say that you And I quote said, now that Speedy's gone, we can talk about music.
Speaker 1: Well, well you hat music, and I'm like, I love music.
Speaker 5: Actually, now don't I don't know the ins and outs in the history of some of the groups and the songs kind of which, which, by the way, I've never alluded to the fact that, like, I don't like the discussion or I hate when y'all talk about it. Matter of fact, I have questions and I'm all in on the discussion.
Speaker 1: But you love club and normally I just say.
Speaker 4: You have your genres that you know a lot about me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I'm not, yeah, kind of, I think I know just a little bit.
Speaker 1: We're talking about music. I thought the music genres just know something about music.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know how baseball got brought up.
Speaker 1: Something that you know that you know a lot about, not all, I say, all you know something like things that you know.
Speaker 4: He said that you didn't know about genuine, and Speedy did know about genuine, well knows.
Speaker 1: I think that actually makes my point.
Speaker 4: No, it's just a different genre.
Speaker 5: Like River was in the truck yesterday, my truck, my grandson and we jumped around and listened to all kinds of stuff I listened to.
Speaker 1: So you were trying to make up for that statement that Rick made.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's just me. That's who I am, what I do. So I thought, well, so that's now that Speedy's gone, we can talk about music.
Speaker 1: Well, what I meant the three of us, like y'all are like what I meant and what I meant by that, And I think you guys know what I mean by that. That doesn't look at your two bros that that that doesn't mean you don't like music. That's not what I meant. What I meant was, I mean we all kind of have a background that's a little deeper, and we can get into the final points of music. We've all been in bands, We've all we you know, we're more students of music. You're just kind of a little more I enjoy music, that's all I'm saying. From Mississippi. You're more of a Jerry Clower guy.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, I will tell you this. I have learned more about music I never I don't know if y'all were this way.
Speaker 1: Apparently not.
Speaker 5: Is that a lot of times I would just listen to music because I loved, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Bead or the way it sounded.
Speaker 5: I never really paid attention to the lyrics, and and there was a really a lot of really nasty rock songs that I would.
Speaker 1: Sing out in the eighties. I had no idea what they make a good point.
Speaker 5: I didn't know the meaning behind them. I had no idea that I was, you know what I was singing. And I could sing a couple of lyrics, but it would be awful.
Speaker 1: What I would say, you sing bad companies feel like making love? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, right, I remember singing that one. I had no idea what. I had, no idea what I was seeing. Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I had no idea until y'all came along and you started giving me the lyrics and the breakdown behind the songs, and I'm like, oh, wow, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: When you're twelve and you walk into the kitchen and going feel like making your mama will look up. We'll look up from the fried chicken.
Speaker 5: What For some reason we gave rock song rock songs a pass on filthy meanings. But if if something in the urban world said it was nasty.
Speaker 1: Song, well and if you went over into you, people always think the genre that they listen to get to pass always Yeah, country music people can be the worst at right.
Speaker 4: Uh put your right hand out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, sha that one.
Speaker 5: That one kind of hurt as I was turning right into the parking. U. Let me tell you, wow, Let me tell you what I meant by think given with me here, I can listen.
Speaker 1: Let me tell what I meant by that I can listen to it portrayed you as anti music? No, I did not. What I mean is that makes me feel better because sometimes I think we need to hurry through some of the things we're talking abut because i'thinking, well speeding's not interested in this. Have I ever given that? No told me? I mean he does like sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What I'm saying is like when you talk about see, I enjoy baseball, but you know the final points, when you start getting into all the things, then I'll drift a little bit. I just kind of want to talk about the basic things of the game, but you know the deep things of the game. That's kind of way we are about music versus see what you say, Yeah you really? Yeah, Baby brothers got draft a.
Speaker 2: Big This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: A lot of the celebs and the music in sports world. Uh, and the latest one is out now. Me talking to Kirby Smart, do apologize that I upset Ohio State fans by suggesting that they had an easier path to the playoff. That's upset a lot of Ohio State fans. Well, I didn't. I gave them props and said though that they beat the teams that were in front of and they beat good teams. They made some of the so called good teams look like bad teams. They they can't help that, and Kirby and I drafted on that. Yeah, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Big in Ohio State coach days in the news today we got to break.
Speaker 1: That one down. Yeah, we do well. The Buckeye fans they're very sensitive, very sensitive. Well, Rick, they're no need to be sensitive. You won the national championship and the first year of the playoff, y'all mowed everybody in the playoffs. A lot of pride there, really good. But they I mean, I didn't mean to say that. I was just saying that we need to fix some of the way we do the playoff. That's all I was saying. They're throwing I'm trying again, kind of like when I'm watching it last year. You know, they're trying to do a lot of changes and a lot of stuff they're talking about. It's just bizarre to me. I can't Yeah, it's getting a lot. Don't less, don't overanalyze everything. You said, just a couple of quick adjustments. I thought we already did that. So anyway, that interview is out Yesterday's Wednesday Bible Study archive also out on the YouTube channel and the podcast channel.
Speaker 5: I I know that I'm sitting here right now, Rick, so you probably don't want to talk about it, but it.
Speaker 1: Has to do with music. No thought you were going to talk about Ohio State.
Speaker 5: Well we can, but obviously I was going to actually bring up Rick Ashley. Uh, never going to give you up. Yeah, the song it has reached the one billion, one billion Spotify stream downloads.
Speaker 1: And you believe that's one billion? Just a thing? It ain't it a joke. It's a joke. Let me say, that's what's wrong with the world right there? Yeah? When when when Rick Ashley song is that popular?
Speaker 5: That explains a lot of the world in nineteen eighty seven, the year I graduated high school.
Speaker 1: Never gonna give you that when it came out.
Speaker 5: Yep, it has it in the nine one billion streams on spot.
Speaker 4: With that song.
Speaker 1: What you're good with it?
Speaker 4: I'm good with it?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I tell you your taste of music lately is scared.
Speaker 4: It's all over the place, Greg, terrible song song.
Speaker 1: I like metal to give this thing? Yeah, yeah, that's your favor. Oh my good. You were so disappointed when Selena got killed by the way, I was, oh speedy. How good does that make you feel? Somebody who won twenty bucks from you yesterday shows you the lunch they bought. Oh that's great. Yeah, heck yeah, let me throw.
Speaker 4: This out San Antonio. Greg Selena's death rocked San Antonio. Well, you don't even care.
Speaker 1: I've seen the movie.
Speaker 4: Hey, honestly, that that Selena, that Rick Rick Astley song, it's better than you remember, it's terrible. The production on it is better than you terror song baselines, better than your.
Speaker 1: Middle You know what. I know what I'm never gonna say again. You know what you want? Speedy, good news for you based on that, Based on that statement right there. Yeah, let me tell you you'll never hear again on this show when you're out on location. Now that Speedy is gonna we can talk music.
Speaker 4: See, I'm right here. I'm just I know about about some stuff that you don't know about, but you know about a lot of stuff that I don't know about.
Speaker 1: Going to work, I look forward to the next day you, miss Adler, and then I can say to these guys, now we can talk about music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've all heard a honeysuckle blue Rick, Okay, now I know that I ever said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever heard of driving a crime?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Acted like you had, just because I don't know all the band members names of driving and crying Speedy, I don't think you do either. Getting thrown into the non music category recklessly as is Speedy. That's what I'm saying, were you escorted.
Speaker 1: Out of the driving and crying concert because you were screaming at the stage. That's not the lyric?
Speaker 4: Did you that happened? That's not normal?
Speaker 1: Right, Just enjoy the show? Any at him? The Castley thing I was streaming at a lot that came out in the nineties. You mean that came out in the time when I was actually cared about stuff. Have you ever listened to the song? I'll explain that a little bit. Have you ever listened to the song who Are You?
Speaker 4: By the Who?
Speaker 1: Do you remember the lyric? All I remember was throwing punches around and preaching from my chair. Yes, yes, there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm gonna go even deeper here. The on YouTube it says it has over one point six billion views on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It was that it became like a memea.
Speaker 5: But he's fifty he's fifty nine and took to his Instagram to post a video thanking everybody.
Speaker 1: I hope he has owns his own publishing.
Speaker 5: And I think he looks great at fifty nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Now, it's just what I'm seeing it here. Okay, now we're his age. I haven't heard a lot from him since then right now, and like you said, it has become this thing, Adam, I'm going to say this to you, and this.
Speaker 4: Is important to the full rival.
Speaker 1: This is me, This is me loving you. You are listen here here in my heart. You are in the in the music world, your look and your abilities. You are too cool to say what you're saying about Rick Ashley right now. It's killing me. Okay, you're too cool.
Speaker 4: For that way about you. Sometimes, Rick, sometimes you're dancing makes me say, Rick, you're too cool to dance like It's okay, though I still love you.
Speaker 1: Should I continue to do it? Or would you rather I didn't? I think.
Speaker 4: You dance, Rick, I hope you dance.
Speaker 5: I think if we started playing never going to give you up? I think that Rick would probably start doing I might.
Speaker 4: Do that and then the strings come in.
Speaker 1: I can't ago somewhere. This is somewhere, Adler. The metal community weeps.
Speaker 4: Look, oh yeah, no, we're open mind. We're an open minded.
Speaker 1: I've never noticed that with the metal But.
Speaker 4: You're not critical bunch at all. We won't eat our own nor everyone else.
Speaker 1: And you won't cross your arms and stand in the back of the room with the bands.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah, here's what's got you going crazy? Uh?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 5: With as far as the Time goes. It was released in nineteen eighty seven, but in the in the two thousands, early two thousands, it became popular again. It's like this move popularity. It's called Rick rolling meme. I think that is what kind of got it going again. Yeah yeah, but I think that's got you throwing off the.
Speaker 1: Half because I just never imagined the eighties. I mean, I remember the music from eighty seven, and I just didn't have him in that cattle. Is this where Greg, he's not moved off? This is he still at eighty seven and talk mad about it being I thought you would move off quicker as wrong.
Speaker 5: I think we give Adler a pass here on. I'm not on this because what is it? Guilty pleasure when it comes to songs?
Speaker 1: Yeah you know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, it's almost like you don't want to admit it, like you know, I like Thompson Twins, I hate say listen.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of those that clear listen I met this. I have a lot of those, but Rick Ashley is not one of them. The top what if your friend's guilty pleasure? Was myth would you just turn the blind out to music? Said music you're extreme to mad for you? Did you get this? Yesterday was a long day for you. Okay, I didn't get as much as I hope for it. Listen, listen, and I had high hopes to listen. There's songs from eighty Shakedown.
Speaker 4: Bob Seger and Jamming Me Tom Petty.
Speaker 1: Those are guys like Shakedown, like Shakedown. Okay, love Bob Singer, but he let us down on that mask.
Speaker 5: Your question, can we like songs that you don't like?
Speaker 4: You may not dance with somebody waiting Houston. That's another guilty pleasure.
Speaker 1: I'll call it. I'll back back to the dancing again.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that one. I am.
Speaker 1: I'm very embarrassed that you cannot. I don't like people talking about bad music around Still.
Speaker 4: The Night, White Snakes?
Speaker 1: Can we bring speedwa Is that illegal? There? Be careful what you like though, Rick play that Hey Still the Night, And I think I've told to add her this before it and then I usually wait to speed. You wouldn't here, but I think I will.
Speaker 5: But the uh little pet Shop boys, So that is one of your favorites.
Speaker 1: So if you addler, you remember because it's like old football stories. You know, everybody tells old band stories too. When Greg and I were in of course, you know the band that almost made it Silent Rain and uh and so we actually won our for our region, the Seagum's Talent Search, and and we even though it, even though we even though we had some good original songs, we did have a judge tell us one time when y'all covered Still the Night by White Snake and nailed it. Y'all got my vote. Yeah, that's not that's not an easy song. It's a great song. Yeah, there's no way I could. I could sing it now, No way if I saw if I sung it right now, I'd have to tell I wouldn't be able to speak for a week. David Comer Down is one of them, top level Yeah rocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, still having found I'm looking for YouTube. Also nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 1: You like the cure.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to tell anybody, but I went through a cure.
Speaker 1: Face what about day.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna tell anybody.
Speaker 1: That that falls into that. George Straight, Hey, it was cool to like.
Speaker 2: To cure for a while.
Speaker 5: Can you tell me how you feel? And this is here we go you too.
Speaker 4: You two is great. I'm looking at rich always to sellouts. But their their music back then was good.
Speaker 1: The catalog is strong. They'll have some good music, but they got some bad music. You too, Yeah, you too and I have a very strange relationship. That's what I thought. I thought. I remember this. Yeah, there's days that I had a little run in there where I thought that I was in on YouTube. Now, Scott the rock Garowski do not speak ill of you two in his presence.
Speaker 4: That's odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh well, he'll club you. He also likes Oingo Boingo. Remember that he admitted it.
Speaker 4: He can't even say anything ever again.
Speaker 1: Now you talking about dead Man's Party. Yeah, that's that's a nice SNYD. I might be one of the worst defenses I've ever heard from a person as far as making a bad music decision.
Speaker 4: Joshua Tree Joshua Tree one of the one of the great rock albums of all time. But outside of that, I'm not a big YouTube fan.
Speaker 1: I'm not either. I mean, I saw them some of it.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I was there, really, I was there. They had the car lights, commands were.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Listen, they'll put on the stadium, They'll put on the stadium show. They were the first ones that figured out how to play stadiums in the round. Yeah, I got a little I got a fact about you too.
Speaker 4: And they were the first ones to do the sphere I believe as well.
Speaker 1: Right, yes they were. How about this. I was onceing a cover band, I'll admit it. And we were, we were, we were, and all we did was YouTube. Now the band was called me too?
Speaker 4: Are you serious too?
Speaker 1: I like, without you that's good Win with Down't you never let Elmer Fudd get in your head? Listen to that with out Yeah, if you ever let it get in there, that's all you're gonna hear.
Speaker 5: See, we just had a music segment.
Speaker 1: I mean that was great, speedy, well done, buddy.
Speaker 4: See we can do this well.
Speaker 1: I didn't know we couldn't. I never did. I never felt uncomfortable. I got to purge the room by playing rat coming back. Okay, okay, Blaze TV just dropped an explosive investigation. You got to see. I mean, this is this is a must see. Uh, this is the George Floyd writes, remember this. When Minneapolis turned upside down for the first time ever, Three active duty Minneapolis police officers are speaking out on camera. Now they are remaining anonymous because they're still in uniform. I mean they're still serving, but now they're serving in a city that, because of the way this was handled, that the city had basically turned on law enforcement. Hey, thanks Tim Walls. These guys were on the front line, okay, and when the third Precinct was abandoned and burned. And remember they want to tell you too, things about Derek Shavin that that might change your view of this. Their say he was railroaded. They said him. Walls completely filled them and they're risking their lives every day in this city. So the first ten minutes are actually free. You don't have to be a Blaze TV subscriber. So if you want to go let me check on this. If I want to watch it, go to YouTube and you just search Blaze TV Minneapolis. Now, if you want the full unfiltered investigation, then you need to be a Blaze TV subscriber, So head on over to BlazeTV dot com slash rick and get twenty dollars off your subscription. Sign up, support unrelenting journalism and see what the media won't show you. All Right, we're back. Thanks for being with us. I know you don't really care deceive me. So as we work our way back more to talk about on the show today after this, do you know this song We're good? That's of course, oh okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: Reminds me of old friend of mine, Bobbo Cole Okay, and he had a jeep and he would say the top off and sometimes he'd picked me up for school and we'd play this and you could hear us coming two blocks away.
Speaker 1: I saw Rat at Oak Mountain Amphitheater with great white and kicks. Remember you remember that, Hey, ain't getting no better than that. That's that's the lineup, right.
Speaker 4: I remember I was getting a ride to school one time. I was like a freshman and my buddy's mom is driving and she was the most straight laced lady ever glasses. She was sitting knit when we would come over. She's driving us to school in her van, turns on the classic rock station in town. Rat comes on and she sings every single I was like, wow, I didn't know your mom, Like Rats the Librarian.
Speaker 1: Those of us that were in the hair metal those of us that were in the hair metal era, we just kind of grew up, got into life, start having kids, putting on glasses like that and knitting. But if you play it, if you ever crank it, it's still in come. Yeah, we come roaring back. Yeah. Also big, big, Well when I say big, this thing with with former President Biden, I just feel like I'm looking around going we on what we all knew this? I mean, everybod they're acting like this is some big discovery. Now, well, you know what, we think the president might have had a cognitive decline. We were all saying that, have you ever been like you remember we used to talk about that great commercial where the guy's giving the idea and the boss is sitting at the table and he acts like he doesn't really like the idea, and then he gives the same idea and everybody goes crazy, yeah, and he's like, that's what I said, And the guy said, now I did my arm like that, right. I used to think that was a great, hilarious commercial. Yeah, I feel that way right now. It's right. We were all saying this. I mean, now everybody on the left is like coming out and acting like they've been appalled about the very thing they were doing. It just seems strange, very strange. Kareem John Pierre like Dap, Dap Dapper, A lot of you have been sending us this story. We do have it. Apparently she's claiming she's switching affiliation from the Democratic Party to Independent and it's going to release a new book about broken Biden White House. How can you you've stood there and had to sell this product. I get it. How can you do just like to have and then now you're going to come out and unveil everything and just you know, admit that you were just true, true conviction would have been. I can in on it. I can no longer come out here and do this while I'm still the Press secretary. I'm coming clean and I'm leaving. I can't continue this trate part of it not. I made it through it, we got through it, We did the whole thing. Now I'm out away from all that. Now I'm going to tell you the truth, as opposed to tell you the truth when I actually had the platform to tell you the truth. Correct. Now I'm going to go over here and tell you the truth now when really it doesn't do anything, and you're supposed to worry, supposed to look at you like like you have any crediblity.
Speaker 5: What she'll do what she always did. She'll play the victim and claims she was just doing her job. But behind behind seeing that scenes, she was it was turmoil and she was trying to make the best of it and do her job. And you know, I'm I'm a patriot, and I was just trying to make it happen. And we did this, and that's what she's gonna do. And she's lest she left the party so she can write this book and and not feel obligated to We got a.
Speaker 1: Pretty good advance on the book. Oh yeah, you know, And good for her. But but but you know, sure you get a good deal. You're out on your own. Now do whatever you want. You're gonna be independent. Now, good for you. The thing that's weird for me is like I feel like that I'm in in a Twilight Zone episode and it's like we all, we all, we all saw this. They're acting like that it's some kind of discovery, right, we all knew this. How did you? How did you know? Rick that the president was on cognitive decline? I was watching, I was listening and see I've seen it. I can see it. No, no, no, he just yeah, and uh so, now they're all going to tell us what we already have known, like they just covered it. You didn't we all knew this. You told us that we It goes back to like we all said so many things from the pandemic. It's that same feeling again. We all were saying this, and we were told that we couldn't say it, and that we were mean for saying it, and that we didn't care about people. And and now everybody is coming out going, well, I'll tell you what. And I'm like, no, that's what we said. Yep, No, you weren't allowed to say it. Then we can say it now because now I'm saying she's she was clearly behind behind it all.
Speaker 5: And matter of fact, Peter Doocy with Fox News, they even did an investigation on all the auto pins and and and and all the signatures and I'm talking about all of them and they were all the exact same signature except for the last one, which it was different. And and and then Biden wants to come out last night and make a statement that you know, I signed all this and I did that, which means that you didn't. You know. It's just I guess they just think we're walking around stupid. That's well, that's another stop to say that Mom would get.
Speaker 1: Mad at me if I was young.
Speaker 4: You want to hear Karina announce her book. Independent is the name of the book.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, hi, I'm Karine Jean Pierre, and I am the author of a new book that's coming out this fall called Independent. It's coming out on October twenty first, so please please do grab it. And the reason I wrote this book coming out of the White House. You know, serving as White House pre Secretary was an honor and a privilege. But since I have left, the people that come up to me, strangers that come up to me just across the country as I'm traveling, and sometimes right in my neighborhood at a grocery store, supermarket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know, my daughter's school.
Speaker 7: The number one question they asked me is, Kareem, how do we get out of this? How do we protect our democracy? How do we protect vulnerable communities among us? What do we do next?
Speaker 1: You're the problem?
Speaker 4: You by the bunch. But she has announced that she's leaving the Democratic Democrat Party to be an independent, hence the name of the book Independent.
Speaker 1: Yes, said, I determined that the danger we face as a country requires freeing ourselves of boxes. This is all that psycho bibble garbage the left uses. And we need to be willing to exercise the ability to think creatively and plan strategically. And you know, I always want to press the left when they just say these kinds of statements to be specific, what are you talking about? Well, you know boxes, yeah, be specific. Yeah, but we need to be creatively strategy strategic. Right, what does that look like? What is the plan? Well, to be creatively strategic? What does that mean? To be strategic creatively.
Speaker 4: And do the work. We're going to do the work. Okay, what do you what?
Speaker 1: They love space, you know, and I'm in my space and now I want and I'm going to come into your space and give space and give space to give we all have space to all going to space. You know. It just it's just she has another book come out of the Art of Polishing Interred. Greg I'll say tell you what she went through the whole time she was. You ain't seen that, man, more of a provocative title, I'll give you that. Probably not all right, we'll be back and we're all gonna come back, and you know, and just your space and entering into my space and creatively strategically.
Speaker 2: Well is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: If you'll just stick to the story. Okay, this is not about I'm not asking you to give your view on the catalog or anything like that. Okay, what you've already done in the past, and sadly I drafted with you. Oh boy, Can I just say the word Jimmy Buffett and just stay right there? Stay right there. Apparently, the allegation is that Jimmy Buffett's widow is upset and confused. She's locked in a legal battle the singer's fortune two hundred and seventy five million. Jimmy did well, he did his widow, Jane said in legal documents she believes the co trustee of the estate is not being forthright about the two hundred and seventy five million that are in it. She is claiming that both the co trustee, Richard Mazinger, as well as an attorney assigned to carrying out the high profile transaction named Jeffrey Smith, have been openly hostile toward her, and this is what she's claiming in her legal documents. She said that the attorney has failed to perform even the most basic tasks required of him as his role as the co trustee, and that means providing Missus Buffett with information concerning the trust assets and finances, which has left Missus Buffett in the dark in regard to the state of her own finances. I can't get them to tell me the deal. You know, it's obvious that this is the you know, what was left behind by my husband there, you know, for it should be hers. They've been overseeing it. But they they're treating me like I'm somebody that shouldn't be getting information. Yeah, oh yeah, man, So there's uh so she she said that they this trust was put together, this legal team, uh in nineteen ninety Oh boy, and listen to this. The whole reason that Jimmy put this team together and set up this trust was so that I would have a nest egg if anything happened to him. It's the whole reason. And now they won't let her get it. It's the whole reason. He did. Said they're keeping her out. She said, no info over you. She said, I'm in the dark. And then others are saying if Jimmy Buffett was alive right now, he would be furious on how his wife is being treated by these by these men that he trusted. So says right now, rather than you know keeping this is now her lawyer keeping my client informed about her finance. They have spent sixteen months stonewalling and making excuses on why they could not yet tell her the deal. And she's not she's not happy, said she'll request information, they won't give it to her. Sounds to me like they've squandered this thing and they're trying to so so anyway, anyway, so the.
Speaker 4: I'm reading here that they told miss Buffett to sit on her toughet.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, which was not very nice, not cool. Oh this is not good. Listen what the trust said they said earlier this year, mazingter howe you say his name? The trust put shocking results in front of her, as he showed the marital Trust earned less than two million dollars in net income, a remarkably poor return for a trust with an estimated two hundred and seventy five million in assets.
Speaker 4: Skimming Sky were trying to put it back.
Speaker 1: Then he died on him and now they had the now they' getting called up. Jimmy died before they was ready Yep, who knows. But that doesn't sound well, it's something doesn't doesn't if they're not, they're trying to keep her where she can't see what it is and what it pertains to that a lot of it ain't there. Yep, that's just my theory. Adler, I know you've been one of this. Update Rosenberg in Paradise, Roseanne Barr says she's living out her Texas dreams. I guess Adler's attention despite she's had a tractor accident. Yeah, Roseanne Bars finally getting to live out of Texas treamers in her seventies, even with minor setbacks and a tree that that trapped her inside her tractor. A tree Apparently she tried to move a tree or something that fell on top of her. She was trapped and trapped her. Uh, she has, She said, I've been trying to do the work because this is a dream come true.
Speaker 4: Look at her riding track, trapping.
Speaker 1: With my own property. And unfortunately her tractor fell on top of her and trapped her underneath the weight of the machine. Hey, listen to I hear this from Gary all the time. Hey, let me tell you now, you're gonna start messing around on tractor and then I need to get you trained property them things is dangerous. That's exactly even ground and all that. Hey, look, I know you one day you talk about you wanted to man, Hey, don't discount buy some tractor and start riding around on it.
Speaker 4: What happened to uh, what's his name? Hawkeye Jeremy Renner. He got ran over the snow machine. Yow machines so.
Speaker 1: Bad he should have died.
Speaker 4: Toothpaste his eyes.
Speaker 1: Hey, he was, he was looking at his own face. He said, Oh, you didn't have to that.
Speaker 4: He that he talks all about the amount of bones that he cuts rose in. I don't know if she should be doing this. I mean, you can easily die.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: I think I remember you telling that story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were removing We were removing small saplings from a fence line, Me and my buddy in Texas. We're removing small saplings from a fence line. He would pull up the tractor to the fence and then lower the fork had a front lift, and then I would take chains and a cable and wrap it around the base of this pine saplings. John, you own it was his grandfather's farm. We went and would work there in the summers, and so I would I was on the ground on my knees and I would I would get the chain and wrap it around the base of the pine, and then he would lift the tree up out of the ground. Boom, it's out of the ground. Problem solved. We're not gonna have gigantic trees growing along this fence line in the fields. So I am going to get the cable ready, and at that time he would just pull up. As I was getting it ready, he pulls up and we're there. He stopped and I'm wrapping the cable around and his foot slips off the clutch, so the drive and gauge is The grill of the tractor hits me in the back of the head and it's coming up over me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And the sound of the engine is over my my body and I just was in a ball, just curled up screaming. It was one of the more scary moments of my life. And how were you? I was. I couldn't drive drive yet, so I was like around eighth grade. Yeah, I'm like the eighth ninth grade. Uh and and uh then I I I ended up in between the two big wheels by the time he got his foot because he got jerked back as it went forward to When you're getting jerked back, it's hard to get your foot on that break and touch, and he took out the fence. I was underneath the big wheels in the back, and I just ran out. Once he stopped, I ran out from under the tractor. That was very scary. We just I was so scared, you can't even be mad. And we like hugged each other and stuff. So I could have left that part out of it.
Speaker 1: And I'm not kidding scary. You weren't taller. I'm being serious.
Speaker 4: I'm glad. I'm so small that I've never curled up into so tight of a ball. And all the sound of the engine all around me was horrified. I'll never forget it. Still, that's probably the closest I've come to getting real smashed, real bad. But man, this is I can't believe Roseanne got hit by a tractor too. Now, I got something in common with Roseanne by the way. She got hit by a car when she was a little kid, and they said that her behavior got crazy and erratic after that severe injury. That car accident might be why we ended up with that national anthem about that that they said that before she was more of a calm child. And she got hit by a car and she became very erratic, which I've heard brain injuries can't do.
Speaker 1: Got hit by another one later than it made her back normal. Yeah, yeah, maybe this tractor accident.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this got getting kicked by Now she's back to normal.
Speaker 4: I need to get hit by a tractor again. I think God really solved my life problem.
Speaker 1: We make that work. How close was this to the keych anything?
Speaker 2: We're just show.
Speaker 1: Bill? You know, he and Trump worked side by side. I mean they were yucking it up. I mean, for a time I thought they might get their own series and down on Netflix. And you know, you know one thing Trump holds very dear as loyalty, And of course you know, in Elon's mind, he's just saying, well, I'm very literal. So I don't like it. I think it's still too much debt. I don't think it's solving the problems that I found. And somewhere in the middle of all that is some sort of balance. But these two individuals, when you think about balance and compromise and meeting halfway, their personalities don't seem to No, I just see a collision coming, you know.
Speaker 5: You know when he made his first comments and then they had that press conference saying it was a timely exit from DOGE and it was kind of like a LoveFest, and it was like, bro, you know all this kind of stuff, and then he made this comment you.
Speaker 1: Just wanted the next day of the abomination comment. Yeah. Yeah, And just Mike Pence said, see Greg, now, I tend to think, even though he talks too fast, Adler, does Ben Shapiro find that balance? And I'm looking for the explanation. It looks like on the stuff y'all have written about this video that he's going to say that when it comes to the the ideology, Elon Musk is right, it doesn't do enough to solve the debt crisis on a pragmatic level. Trump is right, right? Is that the balance we need to hear? Now, Shapiro talks a little fast. Sure, it's like you've sped him up. It's like he's own so I know it's two minutes, but so.
Speaker 4: You know how with RFK we speed up his voice. Yes, with Ben Shapiro, do we need to slow down.
Speaker 1: He's talking to to our our blaze brethren, Glenn beck Yep. So here he is giving us that balance that really they're both right, it's just according which way you're looking at it. He switched to another war that's going on.
Speaker 8: Elon Musk just came out earlier today and said he wants everybody to call Congress and reject this big beautiful bill. There's a lot of good things in the big beautiful bill, a lot of bad things in the big beautiful bill. What's your take on this on Elon Musk and how this bill is being put together?
Speaker 6: So, you know, I think that we have to kind of discuss it in two separate forms. One is sort of the ideological and one is the pragmatic. On an ideological level, obviously, Elon is right when it comes to solving America's debt crisis, this bill doesn't do nearly enough to solve America's debt crisis.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: I mean it makes like very minor changes for work requirements on Medicaid. From my perspective, you can call those big cuts to future spending fine, but it doesn't really shape the cost curve in a serious way that would get the American national debt down, and of course by maintaining the tax rates where they are, presumably that leads to you, in the best case, not much loss of revenue because it increased economic dynamism. In the worst case, the actual loss of government revenue, which is to say, tax tax money. The bill itself is not designed to lower spending. It's not designed to do that in any real way. So on ideological level, listen, on ideological I'm a t partier. On ideological level, going all the way back to two thousand and five, I'm in favor of privatizing social security. But on ideological level, the American people disagree with me, and President Trump actively campaigned in twenty sixteen, twenty twenty and twenty twenty four on not touching medicare, medicat or Social Security in any serious way. And so that being the case, the idea that we were even going to return to twenty nineteen levels of spending with a majority in the House of two votes and a majority in the Senate of three seems to me fantastical. So the question you have now on a pragmatic level, and this is where President Trump is right. On a pragmatic level, here are your actual choices either taxes remain the same and spending the spending curve continues to go up, but at a slightly lower rate, or as taxes increase and the spending continues to increase at a slightly lower rate or a slightly higher rate. No one in this country takes seriously that that problem. And I get where Elon is coming from.
Speaker 1: I do. I welcome him to the party. Pal, like I've been here for my anxiety, you have too, glad.
Speaker 6: I mean, we've all been here for decades talking about this stuff, all right.
Speaker 1: So that's he's basically saying, Elon is in the fantasy world that we all wish, but is never pragmatically going to happen. You couldn't sell the people on that, you would have an uproar. What's funny is watching the left, they don't quite know what to do because really the things that is upsetting the things that are upsetting Elon Musk are directed at them. They're actually getting more with Trump than they would with Elon. But Elon's mad at Trump, so they tend to lift Elon up as kind of heroic for being angry with Trump. But what he's angry with Trump about really is about them, so it's kind of weird. They find themselves in kind of a weird place. Really, Trump is being less severe than Elon wants to be. But Trump is saying, Elon, you may be, as Shapiro pointed out, ideology, Yeah, you're you're right, but there's no way we get that through. We don't have the votes are too close. Uh. And if we're gonna, if we're gonna make any real change to get the good things in, I'm on, I can't go touch Medicaid, social Security, and Medicare. I can't. Uh, and I can't. I can't. I'm not gonna raise taxes, but if I don't keep it where it is right now, taxes are gonna go up. So it's better to keep them here than for them to increase. And we'll work on spending a little bit and more of that will come in the future than right now. Yeah. Yeah, am I I'm i oversimplifying this.
Speaker 4: And you see you know your rand pauls Oh, sure that are upset because this bill will also raise the debt ceiling yep by four or five trillion.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: But then and you know, uh, Elon worked so hard to have these cuts and it's it's looking like because he Elon made very big promises as far as the amount of money that he could find cuts for, and that number has ended up being a little bit smaller than what he projected. He even in one interview said maybe we could find a trillion, and it is in the hundreds of billions, you know, maybe two hundred billion, which is not a trillion. And in defense of the big beautiful bill, it will in the future lead to hopefully one point six trillion in reduced spending. So it it like like so many people are saying, it does have pros, it does have cons and I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can and figure out what I think about it.
Speaker 1: So to me, though, on the more simpler question, how long until Trump turns on Elon and starts worrying him out? Yeah, I think he's on borrow time. Also, he's let him go further than on though, I think they're bro fest is if Elon keeps on another day or two, and every day he's got something stronger to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, from what I understand, Elon asks for his unofficial government position to continue longer, and the Trumpet administration did not approve that, so you could you could say that the party's already over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, top of the hour. We'll be back. More of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right after this first statement in the email. First off, the new show is one Radio Gold. Okay, I like love the new show. Thank you very much, appreciate that. Forty eight he said, I've been listening to the Rick and Bubba show since college, and I thank you for that too, Sir. The idea of a dog keeping me up at night because he or she is scared of the rain and the storm is a foreign idea. It would take one time for that to happen at my parents' house when I was younger, and the dog would have come up missing. But I realized we're living in a different time. So he has offered something for you guys to consider. Okay, because Addler and Speedy both struggled with this. Great your dogs did they do anything on strong? They don't like them, but they don't bother. But they let them in though in the garage. Shell might be locking them in the garage sometimes, but Buddy gets under the car. That's it. What about the dog? So he said, I understand we're living in a different time, Sir, we all grew up in the same house as none of the none of our parents would have tolerated the things that modern day people tolerate with dogs. I mean not even not even remote dogs. I never imagine that. And the checks I've written for a dog unbelievable, unbelievable. I'd like to have it. It's like I got a raise when I gave that dog a one. Okay, So he says there is a product, but Speedy, I can already hear you. And I bet Adler too. I bet y'all. I bet you because y'all both have said you pretty much tried everything. Yeah, yeah, okay, So this may not be the answer, and I think it's absolutely ridiculous what this product is. But anyway, he said, there is a product I found for Speedy and Addler. Doggie hush, oh, Doggie, hush. I look on his head and these are ear muffs of some kind, so the dog can't hear it, but I think they sense it. I don't think it's about earing. They feel it. Does this work? Real gear, real piece. Each headphone ships a set of them on milling, and it says it seals off so much they can't hear anything. How are you gonna get it on them? You think they're gonna sit there and let you put that on their hand, right, and then they're gonna rip it off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in no way. It's I don't know that that's gonna work. Because fifty bucks it looks sweet.
Speaker 1: Well we lost Speedy on that one.
Speaker 5: No, I just I just about.
Speaker 1: Spending anything those poor dogs were doing. Even I'm like, I don't know, man, I think you should give the dog wait before you do that. You know.
Speaker 5: You know what I've noticed with Jack is that it's like he has this nervous energy where.
Speaker 1: He just it's all, yes, he's weird. His is very strange because he wants to go to the storm.
Speaker 5: He wants to go into he wants to go outside into the store, and we have a covered area where he could sit up, but no, he wants to like lay in the rain. The craziest thing. But it seems like he gets an inern some energy where if I go, hey, buddy, it's okay, it's like he wants to play, like I gotta have you know something, It's like there's just so much anxiety built up in me.
Speaker 1: I gotta do something. Try. I want you to try, dog, y'all, will you please try the headphone? Please get those? Get those? He would wear them. I just don't think it would help because he's filling the storm. Why don't you try it?
Speaker 4: All right, So it's got velcro straps. It's got basically it looks like a bral kind of.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 4: Here's these cones cones you put over the dog's ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell whose kids have been waking up at.
Speaker 4: Five layers of sound proof material. Yeah, no way, his head, No way, he's gonna he's gonna bat it right off.
Speaker 5: Well, it's got a chin strap that goes under head, so once you put it on, you know, it's like hush.
Speaker 1: By the way, Text Nation don't do CBD solutions. The last time Adler tried that, he kept taking them.
Speaker 4: Just keep going for the dog, My bad.
Speaker 5: The CBD stuff, the the you know, they go to the vet and get a prescription for like straight up anxiety stuff and yeah, y'all don't have to send all that. We have exhausted all of that. It's like the stuff from the vet makes him like more crazy. One thing, he's a super doll.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: One thing I found is that when when an animal has a surgery, they will send you home with some really powerful stuff. And we, because I've had to pay for a couple of those surgeries, we've got some of that stuff left over. And so if you get it before the storm gets there, you got to knock him out. You got to get him all glassy eyed before the storm gets there. Turn on a bunch of fans in the room. And I have noticed that that will help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so speedy for you. Yours to me adders a little more complicated. Yours seems quite simple. Just let him go out in the storm, and I do. We we have started that, but you know that they old. We're trying to protect you from yourself.
Speaker 5: So when it's lightning and it's cutting up, he probably don't need to be out there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: In the maybe he goes crazy, but out of the fencers.
Speaker 5: We have set up in the garage a really cool setting, this deal. And the last three times, the last three times it's worked, we have one of these huge orange fans. It's like, you know, for a factory that's blowing in there, way too big for the for the garage, and man, we put him in there and he seems to do fine.
Speaker 1: They've already tried the thunderjacket. Yeah, please don't eat the thunder We tried it the odd part. Like you talk about how he goes out the last time, what about when he buried himself in the corner behind all the lawnmowers and everything. Yeah, he was hiding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I ran around trying to find and you hear he comes out.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's a zombie dog. I had a dog that used to go in the garage. We had these shelves that we had all that trophy stuff. Yeah, and there's a little hole in the bottom of the box and he would she would dive into that hole and hide and you couldn't see that Chloe. That was baby Girls. By the way, legend someone said, I don't think if he was ir muster're gonna do anything for my dog. But I just got me a pair for my family's next family gathering. I just want to be said when I go to the in laws gathering, I gotta have them. Hey, that looked just like baby Girl in that picture. By the way, that's exactly she look at that. Isn't that funny? By the way, what that that was one of my favorite Babylon Bees too. I remember that one Calvinist dog reminds the owner, no one is a good boy, a good one. What about what about that? Well, I commend you know what I mean now that now that you got your son's dog, of course he'll be moving out. He's fine. That's say what i'd say. Now you've got two that don't act up in one that does. Yeah, the well, you know, go from three to two. You know.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you know, when you're on a team, all the players get punished and you're like, what, I didn't do anything, and old Gregg's loaf and so we all get punished at I used to and so I have. We've started stopped punishing Leo and Cuddy for Jack. Uh And they're like, why you put me out there?
Speaker 1: I'm trying. Yeah, that's true. What do you think now? Jack's just going?
Speaker 5: You know, the person that I gave my dog to should take him. It's a it's a sweet little dogs just when storms come in. But here he turns into a crazy person. Get some of the crazy dog and some.
Speaker 1: Of the ear mufs and put him on and then watch the other two as they look at him and probably make fun of him. Yeah, they'll be doing something. Oh, here's bad news. Deaf dogs still hate. Storms's not gonna help. Yeah, they feel that it's the pressure. Start cutting. Not gonna sit there with that on our head. I had them too, crazy dots, and one time Lisa tried to be cute put sweaters on them, and they immediately ripped each other's sweater off and just destroyed them. Really, those are the two minus dogs I've ever done. They were crazy. Oh the wind can be blowing and and them hear a wind chime outside, Like I can I ask you something? You can? We can we trace one dog other than that Chloe dog, because that was Lisa's dogs. That was different. Do you hear? Do you hear this theme? Dogs start becoming Gregs and they become mean. Have you They get an attitude. I just hold their ground. They always take on their owner's personality, don't they.
Speaker 4: They hate to hate the deed, not to breathe.
Speaker 5: I must bite tires, right Can a dog have root tourettes like bite you and then try to come lick you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Greg, you don't literally bite tires, but you bite times.
Speaker 4: Let me say something. You know how you're supposed to get You're supposed to get your your puppy around other dogs. You're supposed to get puppies around other dogs, so they don't learn how to play and they're not mean, and they don't they're not scared of other dogs. You guys know that, right knows that you. You need to do this with storms with your dog too. In the first year and two years of their life. When it's thunders or when it lightnings, if you jump, they see that, and really you can impart, you can impart fear in you. What you need to do is work on making a storm not a scary time for your dog. Keaven, my dog Whisper is not afraid of storms. He does fine in storms.
Speaker 1: I have no problem. You didn't make it scary and right if.
Speaker 4: It thunders, lay on the ground and roll around and play with your dog. Many people have dogs that are scared of storms, lots of people. It's not I'm just no, no, no, But dogs can be inclined to that. It can be inclined to that, and you can help desensitize them to that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're doing it because of you. Who jumps around that much when a storm comes jump around.
Speaker 4: When Kevin would look at me like that anytime with the lightning you. Wow, you're strang and brave. I love you, Dad, That's what happened. Now, he's good with storms.
Speaker 1: How's chin like storms?
Speaker 4: He's fine with them because you've got to get de sensitized.
Speaker 2: Right back.
Speaker 1: Show, I'm with the guys. That's my show. We'll wear it proudly and check out all the new designs and more to come at rick burgershow dot com, including the brand new men Don't Run in the Rain shirts. Check that out as that goes along with the release of the book. Okay, so I gotta ask you. Look, I'm gonna handle this is. I'm gonna try to be the least amount of gross I can. Greg. I'm first of all going to make a statement. I've come to conclusion this thousand pounds sister thing, it may be the lowest level of entertainment I think I've ever heard of. This has got to be ground level. I mean when you were telling me the park, you were telling me that, like a feature last night featured one of them getting their in that normally, but in the lobby they got into a fight about somebody breaking wind. Yeah, they were in the waiting room waiting on the surgery, and one's sisters that one rip and made the other one mad. Now does that feel like that's a pretty low I mean that's that's that sounds like stuff that would. Then I realized the show we do, and I'm like great, I mean yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean she got real mad about it, real mad. But they do it all the time and then don't get mad. I don't know. So somebody in this series wind is featured. Yeah, yeah, Amy's a threat to rip one big women ripping big women? Oh yeah, okay, dropping win. Well, I say a thread. I mean it's not the running thing. O. Great, the fact that it's in there at all. I mean, well, last night they'd like the guy to fight in the waiting room at the hospital over it. Okay, So now now now here comes that's unbelievable. Now comes my next question, and it look just I'm handling this with kid gloves. So when and good for good for which ones lost? They've all lost? Theme is this time of getting Yeah, Amy's put hers back on a little bit. She's gonna have They called her out on it. Okay, Samy's drifting back. Yeah, the amount of skin, Well, that's where I'm going out over show. Don't you show it? She lost over five hundred pounds. Good for her, Okay, that's what I say. So you'll have some skin, buddy. There's no indictment on that. Congratulations to her for turning her her health in a different director. I will be honest though, it was funnier when she was huge. I knew it.
Speaker 4: That's three and a half of the money.
Speaker 1: Like that clip you sent me. Yeah, you're telling me that ain't funny. That's funny. Okay, and she was shooting. She was over seven during that one. Can she continued, Can you continue to be funny? That's just not funny?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: Oh well, so you need we need to get her on fixed mama's mouth. That would help. All right, here comes my question that for it, and you know what we do for a living, then it's actually come down. There's people who know, there's people who know. Okay, and I almost dread the answer. Okay, people that get up in the seven hundreds, eight hundreds, one ton all that it's drastic and they need it. Bless them. Okay, they get all the weight off now, we've got a lot of loose skin. Then we got surgeries to kind of get the loose skin. It's been stretched. We got to get it. But what happens to the skin that they I don't know because they were laying it on the table like a stack of tibles.
Speaker 4: Where does it go in the break? He said that he's holding it up like a bed sheet in the break and his hands out.
Speaker 1: Where does it go?
Speaker 4: Horrifying?
Speaker 1: Greg, if we could get if we could get some of Tammy's skin, would you put it up in your office?
Speaker 5: No, Earnhardt Bumpers, Oh look at that hole in that now, supposed they going to do some of that goose owner and neck there they were concentrated on her face and her neck, stomach and listen they had like eight people working on her at once.
Speaker 1: Oh God, lover, yeah, how about that job? How about that? Thankingful for you? Thankful for? What do you do with the fat? Where's it going?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: All right? Skin?
Speaker 4: Now it's a lot y'all.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Remember in far you ever seen when they when they harp in the whales and they take them that place and they cut them up? All right? All right?
Speaker 4: I like remember in fight club. They were using the fat to make soap and then selling it back to the fat ladies. Here's your own fat. I made some soap.
Speaker 1: Oh I did not. That was in a movie. I didn't see that in the movie. That's what they did something. Do you think it is just okay? Somebody put port ryns that's terrible. No, now you've ruined it. Now I'll question every bag I get. No, they would never tell come in your mind. They would never tell you that how much dat it? Oh hush, come on, why would you? I wouldn't even come in.
Speaker 4: Now, hold on, you know how you can? You can be an organ?
Speaker 1: Where did eight thousands when it came up? I'm just kidd if it was in skin form here somebody claims.
Speaker 4: You can use the skin in in some surgical procedures for like reconstruction.
Speaker 1: But they know no way they keep that. Do you think are we talking are we doing so I can donate my skin? Are we talking about hefty bags and it's out discarded.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of it is medical weight.
Speaker 1: Whatever they do with all that medical medical somebody says to lipstick out of it, lipsick soap?
Speaker 4: Come on, no victims, they put it they're they're taking it Brazil and injected into women's butts and putting in celebrities cheeks and lips. They're they're using it.
Speaker 1: They're not going directly. They're not going to the dumpster with it. I can take it. God, they're not wasting the frazer they're selling. I didn't enjoy that episode. Is good for the fight overbreaking win. It would have been a total loss.
Speaker 5: What was on TV last night? Knowing what I know, and then you chose that is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Well I recorded from that because it comes on later than I want to normal down. Okay, So so, and I don't watch this either because it's just sitting in my world. It's like you people, and I had one the other day. Well I regretted this person, have myself on these people and we had it happening here on the show where they want to send you their wounds and stuff. I don't want to see it. I don't nobody wants to see any desire to see it. They don't want to see you scarf from surgery. What I'm saying is, if you're a person, because I know maybe there's different degrees, Let's say you're a person who you're going to make sure you've recorded the latest episode of The pimple Popping Doctor. Okay, do you also just sit there and watch this episode of one thousand pounds sisterant.
Speaker 4: And say, yeah, more of this eating chips and dip.
Speaker 1: I turned away. I did good. If you want to give me speech, I gotta say, if you want to watch somebody lacerate infected oils and I don't get what is wrong with that? That's that's just wrong about this. A lot of people must know it's a popular show. Never watched it once, and I can't watch it. Have you ever accidentally been scanning? Yeah, it runs across it, and it's just it's just bad timing.
Speaker 5: Like and I just keep this is the grossest segment we've done yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know going in detail. We're just saying. I'm people like, yeah you did say that, Greg, I forgot at one point.
Speaker 4: Any discussion of pimple.
Speaker 1: Popper is and then you're over here. I wasn't talking. I just want to know what happened to go. That's a fair questions that it's a fair question, and I was asking, and of course I didn't have great didn't give Greg gave the visual of you know, well harpooner bringing those in. No, I got it. I know exactly how I got my question. Wasn't eight people operating on my question? Wasn't that I wanted to know what happens to it? Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just waste google that. Don't google it. I'm not gonna skin removal. Somebody out what happens with skin after skin removal?
Speaker 4: What I was reading earlier.
Speaker 1: Theory. So if this is my field, if this is my field of work, am I just numb to it? Am I? Literally? Am I literally sitting there in the hospital cafeteria, go ahead and having my breakfast, knocking it back, talking about the games. Hey, you say that game? Yeah, and then I'm about to go in there and do that. Yes.
Speaker 4: It's like when you first start changing diapers. It's horrifying after the surgery.
Speaker 2: Common complications after skin removal surgery include fluid collection.
Speaker 4: Under this.
Speaker 5: Complication, they're saying what they're doing with it?
Speaker 1: Turn that off? Won't you find it?
Speaker 4: Talking about you?
Speaker 1: Once you go find out privately, Hey, type us up a document and hand it out.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're preserving it for other procedures.
Speaker 1: I knew let's move on. I like some of you said, pretty good idea for burn victims.
Speaker 4: No, I think they do that reconstruction.
Speaker 5: Like I said, if you get paid for your skin.
Speaker 1: She's gonna have a big checked. He's trying to turn it into revenue.
Speaker 5: You're just saying in the way Greg, Okay, the way Greg described it, it was like a lot.
Speaker 1: I just I just panic. Somebody put a picture on text Nation, but it's just bacon disgusting. I just stay close. I just ate bacon.
Speaker 2: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Other things to cover, speedy, Did you say you had something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just have four sports events and maybe five that I know y'all couldn't care less.
Speaker 1: About, and it bothers me a little bit.
Speaker 4: Sorry, good care less?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really one.
Speaker 5: I know y'all don't care, so I'm wasting my breath and I don't either. But the NBA, you're about to talk about something that does a lot of the audience that does because it's currently happening.
Speaker 1: What percentage of our artist you think cares about this topic?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Twenty NBA Finals start tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was OKAC in Indiana play on ABC seven thirty in Oklahoma City, tonight. This is the final, first game, this is this is the first game, but the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: You know thing, I wish you would have done right there? I would have liked I would have loved to have put one hundred on the table and Greg tell us who's in the NBA. I had no idea God that I would not have that crazy, But y'all don't care. See, there was a time in my life I kept up with it, even if I didn't watch it. I kept up with who was leading who. Yeah, I haven't watched a basketball game, and I don't know when right, And I think I might go to watch George Strait before I before I would before I would watch an NBA final. Get crazy, unless you need get some rest. But at least I'm getting some music. At least I'm watching some musicians. I mean, it's so you get a little nap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ok uh, tonight or last night, I should say, the NHL Stanley Cup Finals started.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what do you care less about the NBA Finals at the.
Speaker 4: Same time, Yes, it's always like that. It's weird.
Speaker 1: Who do you care less about? Greg? The right?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: We got to watch one of them. We're gonna watch the Stanley Cup or we're gonna watch the NBA Finals. I think now I know nothing about hockey. I know more about basketball if you're familiar, and I know there's a lot of things about watching hockey. I have no idea what's happening, but I think I would use it as an opportunity to learn it, and I would go with hockey.
Speaker 5: Okay, I agree, it's a it's a it's a rematch. It's Florida and Edmonton in the finals.
Speaker 1: Still play for Edmonton, Greg, Oh, he doesn't, And I'll go to which team you're gonna Mojoe? This time? Speaking? Nobody's Mojo and anybody as the Dallas fans.
Speaker 5: I hate to say this to all the Dallas fans, uh, but the two best teams are in it right now. I mean Edmonton was better than Dallas, and in that series it just.
Speaker 1: Was you could tell, will you please pick one Joe?
Speaker 5: So Edmonton won an extra period, it took, it took overtime, and they won four three.
Speaker 1: Which team would you pick in the finals, I'm not you're still in Dallas. Yeah? Probably you got to see them live, So I did. I got to see them. No, No, they wouldn't.
Speaker 5: They didn't let us score and j C didn't experience.
Speaker 1: That hurts.
Speaker 4: They did not score a single point.
Speaker 1: Lee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my goodness, that that you wanted to hear, Like, Yeah, I love your son, I love you.
Speaker 1: Will never forget this moment I graduated college. Dad, Thanks, thanks for loving me, Thanks for sacrificing for me and leaving the box seeds empty. Yep. So I know you don't care about those two, so we go. We're rolling through them.
Speaker 5: Another one you don't care about, but a lot of people do. In the NCAA Men's Baseball Super Region.
Speaker 1: That's the one of all this I care the most about.
Speaker 5: They're starting to start tomorrow Super Regional.
Speaker 1: I'm about a four Carol. Auburn is hosting for the first time. So far, you've hit me with a zero care, but I'm a four to five Carol on list. I'll jump in when the series starts.
Speaker 5: Okay, Uh, Auburn is hosting for the first time in program history, the hosting coast of Carolina.
Speaker 1: Well how about that war Eagle? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh, last night, this is this is This was a crazy game. Now, y'all don't care anything about it. But in the college Softball World Series Texas and Texas Tech.
Speaker 1: We're playing game one. This is now softball? Yep again again. I mean, of everything you've mentioned these last two, at least I give a looxie. Texas Tech their phenom? Is it Kennedy?
Speaker 5: I think is her their phenom picture? I think she's the first seven figure n IL softball player.
Speaker 1: But she is.
Speaker 5: She is unbelievable. She can throw in the seventies. She can hit it out of the ballpark at any time.
Speaker 1: She is the best college softball player. What you're walking around is it? Is it Nase or not Kennedy? I believe you said Nase or Kennedy? What's her last name? Oh? Okay, I thought you were saying, is one of those people person last Yearyeah, but you act like that. Does Toby know how to again, y'all don't care. Does Hobby know how to say it? Hoby, please call us if you know how to say or I don't know. I'm sorry, I just Nagerie, but I think everybody calls her Nase. I don't know. Right now, it feels like I'm on a car out of control.
Speaker 5: So she is this phenom picture? They're up one nothing, Okay, uh over texted over Texas. You don't get in this over Texas. And and she's doing what she normally does. She's shutting people down. Okay, bringing Texas gets too on in the bottom of the sixth and they're going to intentionally walk the girl that's up to bat first bases on first bases open, there's runners at second and third. They're gonna walk the batter up uh to You know, I don't know the strategy behind it. If it's to create fource outs everywhere, I don't know how many outs were there were anything. And so they so, for the first time the entire season, they're gonna attempt to intentionally walk someone. They hadn't done it all year, and so they she does it three times. This is where the catcher catch pitching. Yes, this is where the catcher stands up. And you know about all that, well, some people don't, Okay, I'm talking to Hadler Uh. And on the fourth pitch, Uh, the ball went over over the plate and and the Texas Longhorns batter Uh hit the Reese.
Speaker 1: The catchers the picture position a pitcher team is now but quit listening as.
Speaker 4: An historical person, because she is the first seven figure. This girl is getting paid over a million dollars a year to play softball.
Speaker 1: That's all I was saying. She's the first seven figure that that's a big deal too.
Speaker 3: So so it is.
Speaker 5: It is three to ozero and they're putting they're putting the batter on intentional based on balls and and she throws a kind of a strike on the outside part of the plate. She hits it to left field and Texas scores too, and ends up when.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be a walk.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, that's why it's an intentional walk. She's doing it right down. She sure did. Y. That's that's best Moen game. That's Beth Mowen's on the call, by the way, across the plate about how about the batter's paying attention? Sure is?
Speaker 5: Sure is series she the picture makes eight hundred thousand more than her head coach. Uh and and cannot say plate Greg, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. Most right across the plate, Ta Spiders when they're getting walked, they relaxed. They're standing there, look around. But that that was you know, Kelly Leek did that bad news, Yes he did. He did at home. And honestly, though Kelly leak had to reach more than that girl did. He did the picture, just didn't throw it. She wouldn't accurate. Rick and I think since the first time they did it and you can tail being go along s traveling all Stars and markings, I think the same thing happened and the squire Joe hit it. The ESPN story sure that.
Speaker 5: That this was, according to them, the first attempt for based on Ball's intentional Based on ball, you could tell for the Texas Tech and the Texas Longhorn batter at Wood said, she realized, uh, what was going on and took advantage of an opportunity because I think one of the other balls that were throwing I.
Speaker 1: Could have got that was pretty close. She thought, I could have got close.
Speaker 4: You hear Beth moans and slow mo oh was it sound like okaya?
Speaker 9: Oh my.
Speaker 1: Oh almost short?
Speaker 5: How about Beth Mowents on the call shees went, so, anyway, that wraps up the forest fording events.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't care. They the problem there is, like they said, that's the only time they've done it all year. Yeah, so they weren't they weren't comfortable doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nigerie was used to throwing strikes, not walks, sling the softball Santa our friends call her Nase.
Speaker 1: We've got all this going on right now, which is great. This has been a lot of fun. Completely overwhelmed in a good way with the response to the book Men Don't Run in the Rain, love it. Thank y'all so much, and the PR team that has been hired to help get the book out there, and it's doing really, really well all over the country. Again, we're sharing Dad with people who never knew him as what we hope would happen, and it is happening. But this this is also you know, this involves being on various shows and doing things, and I've had a great experience, but you know, we have one coming up next week that's going to complicate our lives. It's a bog it's a booger and and that is the seven hundred Club. So they'll they'll they'll call and they'll ask boy, and there's a lot to do. But because they're pros, they want to do a good job. It's I'm going to attempt to do the show with you guys for the majority of the show on Tuesday, the tenth will not be here. Vox seat people I'm so sorry, but the guys will be here. I can't be responsible for your experience. You won't give them. I won't be here to oversee it. I wonder if Speedy just might want to rupt, because then he's got he's got to give for himself and me. Now he's accustomed to giving for you.
Speaker 5: I have to give you to people that come to same time, and sometimes I have to give a little bit for Addler. But he kind of comes in strong towards the end. He does right towards the end, he gives it to last fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: You just well, you not accurate.
Speaker 1: Was the day you were trying to give an encouraging the kid that lost lost couraging?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not what this segments about.
Speaker 1: Everybody got even halfway through his encouragement. He even was giving up on it. Sometimes try to tell you what trying. Things get knocked down, you get back up. Twitter's never segments about winners, never quit. Get back on that horse. Guitters never win.
Speaker 4: We miss the shots you don't take, son, Bro, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's great. Oh what a good one. Remember he was in that tone he was trying to honestly want to kid. He really did.
Speaker 4: Like yo been.
Speaker 5: He was so serious and then you started making fun of him while he was talking on this show.
Speaker 1: Listen on this show, in this group before. This is the only place you can be the one doing the right kind thing and be the target everywhere, you know what I mean, not the people who aren't doing it, the one who's actually doing the right thing, trying to do the right thing. In that situation, not one of us thought that it was going well. No, no, and including the kid right so that we didn't have anybody thought it was going well. In that whole scenario. The kid was uncomfortable because he played basketball and he lost.
Speaker 2: That's why I.
Speaker 1: Thought the kid was going to try to start encouraging.
Speaker 4: Hey man, it's all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honestly. The kid got a little manner and he shudow he might have won it in this spun the wheel and got like Moens, why don't you, why don't you? Why just even let's get back. I mean, you realize we put that thing up and had a nice little bob person. We'd getting a little off subjects. So you're gonna be on PTL Okay, no, it's not pt O, it's seven hundred Club. Of course, it's hilarious when I think about myself when the seven hundred Club would be on like it or Memo's House. But anyway, so they're they're they're a big time operation and they want everything done right, a lot of pre interviews, all this. Well, they'll they'll ask for pictures. Did you how was that they need? They're gonna put you in that mix. Yep, I can't wait. So anyway, did you run the list? Oh? Rick, I don't know if you have the teeth to fit in. Probably not the good smiles, I bet Greg, would you do me? Afraid that's a compliment. Say, well, you're gonna be sitting in here and I'm actually and I'm actually going to be there, Okay, you'll be here with all your commentary and then I'm gonna be there facing it. Okay. Yeah, which one is that? Your brother? Yeah? I'm sorry, sorry, he won't So they were asking for pictures. Now, look in the world of efficiency, Oh please tell me you sent the turtle neck. No, in the world in the world of efficiency, I just want to get this off my plate, okay. And I'm at home and then I've got the p R people saying, hey, we need these pictures. So they're requesting it from me. They're asking for pictures, and they had very specific list of the pictures they wanted. They wanted some pictures of Dad obviously. Now, of course I didn't realize the I was gonna ask a picture of Dad at every stage of his life, okay, and those are hard to find and but but I gave him what I had. Then then they wanted some pictures here. And then all of a sudden, this is when I knew it, and I thought, I just need to get this done, and I hope that I can pull the y'all, y'all know what I'm about to talk about. They want a picture of the family. So I go through and I please. All of a sudden, I was down there in my office. I wouldn't bother nobody. Sherry Watson, what are you doing? I'm just taking care of stuff, you know from one of the interviews, and do next week that I need to pay bills and do stuff like that. Why are you what are you looking at? You said you got your photos out? I do, But what what do you send them? They asked for pictures? You're not qualified, And I'm like oh no, Yeah, I'm just sending some pictures of dad. Is that all they want? Just pictures of your dad? When you want to do that? I was sending and I'm just sending pictures and dad and stuff? Uh and what do you mean and stuff? What else did they want? Do they want a family picture? And then she you know what they can they can just sense it. You know you were gonna be the one pigging it. I'm not, baby, I've got family PERSI your phone and I thought, up there go ye, just I was almost done. I mean I was one picture away of having this done. And then they look just scrolling up. I'm gonna have to get my phone and then how many times you go that one's a good one. I'm not, baby, these are pictures I think you like. Uh have you aready sent one? I have not sent one? Okay, well you can't send that one because whatever?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: What about them?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: What what is wrong with me? I can't believe you know what? Did you send this one? Be sure you're looking at everybody has made a good picture. Everybody. There's a lot of people. Yeah, it's gonna be hard. And so I said, baby, that's just what I said, baby, let's just find one you you're good with, and then the rest of us have just live with it six minutes like Adler did with our promotional picture, and so so so eventually, eventually, eventually, I mean, I was so close to this being off the plate. We we we we got a picture that she still airned it. Now how many minutes she did it add to the project? Fifteen? Oh well, that's pretty good if you guys do that fifteen to twenty. At one point, I'll tell you this, maybe I'm losing time because at one point I left, I went and started keeping around the house and start paying, started just messing with stuff.
Speaker 4: It's a long fifteen. I went out fifteen, but it's a long fifty.
Speaker 1: One time. One time I was out in the yard. Really yeah, I completely laughed. You got the front of yard, came back in. So so that's going to be on next week. Okay, So a couple other things we need to run down today. Did you see this other story where we have people there they're front I'm a tribe who live in isolation. Uh in the bush.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They have never in their entire existence have they ever seen sprite the drink They haven't seen it. They've never they've never consumed one. And now it seems like if we find isolated people there's look, I like sprite, but it seems like maybe we should have done some more important things because I bet they haven't had coke either. Yeah. This, I don't know why we led with sprite. Do we think they couldn't handle coke? I don't know. But you know, sprite is how often we go to sprite? You got much. I don't like the sprite. I don't hate it. I'm not against sprite either, but I go about every fourth. You know, I had four. I'm gonna, yeah, if I go soft drink, I'm gonna go Coca Cola Classic or Coke zero. That's what I prefer every now and then dot coke. But I like Coke zero zero. No, no, but I would rather just consume less of Coca Cola Classic than more of the zero in the in the other one.
Speaker 4: All right, So this indigenous tribe they don't know how to open bottles either.
Speaker 1: Who did this?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 4: This is amazing to me because it's like when a baby tries it for the first time. They're like, this carbonation is insane. Guys like they can't open the bottle.
Speaker 1: We not open it for him.
Speaker 4: They opened it for her. And so they handed to I guess an elder man of the tribe.
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: And no, not this this is a woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but then spend the time.
Speaker 4: Then the elder man has a knife and he's gonna he's gonna chop it right over.
Speaker 1: But can they not twist the lid?
Speaker 4: No solid for him, My goodness.
Speaker 1: They never had to twist anything. Tough, tough man, tough people watch a sharp knife.
Speaker 4: But he's going to let it spread.
Speaker 1: No that he's cutting it down the middle.
Speaker 4: He's trying. Oh my goodness, he's gonna it's gonna spray everywhere right now, getting a pop like he's like, this is amazing, fantastic.
Speaker 10: And then now they start sharing it. Oh my good No, she's about to freak out. She's turning it up like, wipped it off one.
Speaker 1: Closing her eyes. I don't know what. Give me that letter about them all?
Speaker 4: Here's she can't believe.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna believe they're excited.
Speaker 4: Look they're so excited.
Speaker 1: She still can't get that top off. But look, yeah, look, she's like, what in the worlds is the first.
Speaker 9: Time you drank a natty light, isn't it. Yeah, they can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's funny. That is funny.
Speaker 4: It looks on the fase of from the carbonation.
Speaker 1: Jumped on and he got it, didn't choke. I thought he was gonna suck the whole bottle down.
Speaker 4: Don't chuck the bottle.
Speaker 1: He pulled it out of his old mountain and stuck it und the other person's they live in the bush. I wonder what made him trust him. You know what I'm saying, in the bush and you're bringing me some weird drink. I mean, like I wouldn't let some honkey come up and hand me something. You got them. I don't know where they're not. I don't think I never saw a hockey, but it just feels like that's what honkeys would.
Speaker 4: Doing to do. Let's go to the bush people some sprite.
Speaker 1: I don't think any other ethnicity would find an isolated tribe and give him a sprite. But a bunch of what what's that sprit? Star spew and he jumped on it like a dug on a june bug. He was chasing a spry.
Speaker 4: He was chasing it like it was like a sprinkler.
Speaker 1: It was like I was trying to stop a nice guy. Sprite never had a chance. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's good. They much left carbonated water. Got let me tell you how big and he nobody big in that there's very skinny I'm talking about. Yeah, you're saying, wrap that bottle. How old do you think that guy disappeared?
Speaker 4: We got it. This guy's probably twenty seven years old. He's living a rough life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hard, hard life. So what rick was it? The Netflix? Uh series? Was it Blues? Is that what it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you remember in one of them?
Speaker 5: Because because they didn't well, they didn't have access to a lot of the bad food that we had around the world. And was it somewhere in Mexico where they they uh McDonald's came close? Yeah, whatever, and they talked about the decline of their health and everything once they started.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what country it was, when you're right, it was in a blue zone. They were doing great and all the fast food restaurants begin to develop in that area and their health went they plummeted. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but one of the reasons why they you know, Lifespan and all that was so great was because they didn't need to drink.
Speaker 4: All the crap we did preservatives.
Speaker 1: But the guy did like a twenty something year study. Great, Can I just say on this particular topic, this is not complicated science. Y'all believe that food is a treat. Yeah, it's a stay of this treat. This bunch here, they wish they'd had surpries their whole life. And and here's what's going to happen after this. There'll be hamburgers, there'll be French fries, and before you know it, you'll go back nobody sitting around not doing anything. Say, we just don't have the energy to get up off the ground. We're gonna go back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go back and visit them, and they'll be taking shots of them.
Speaker 1: You're right, but that's not nothing bad. I don't know, it's not I think sometimes you throw out things nothing you don't think they were just because you don't think. That doesn't mean they're not one person that is exclusive to that. He's gonna hear me. He's going further. He believes right now, he thinks it wasn't just me. They don't think there's anything wrong. This is what we always talked about in the power company. Yeah, so that's not the right crawd so Creeper Jackson approved it. That don't mean anything. Yeah, I mean, come on, that don't mean anything. So if you could.
Speaker 5: Introduce somethingrue Rick, that's a good pointside. I'm not talking about the gospel and all that. I'm talking about like food or drink. If you could introduce something to a tribe or whatever and go try this, what would it be?
Speaker 4: Chili dogs?
Speaker 1: Chili diarrhea? God, Greg, Yeah, there's no way their body candle.
Speaker 4: Side. Let's pretend there's no such.
Speaker 1: Is okay, you know what, I pretend that a lot. Let's see, I would bring about a fresh pepperoni pizza, bring them an apple for I think, see what they do to me? I think probably you know, I would like to bring the corn bread. Maybe biscuits went that route.
Speaker 4: Have a version bread?
Speaker 1: They got a version, they got.
Speaker 4: Some kind of weird bread, maize bread or something bread.
Speaker 1: What what about something like maybe a treat like, say you brought them pizza is a good one. What if I brought in that chocolate syrup and put it on the biscuits. I'm with whoever said pizza, that would be a good one too. Yeah, be maam right here. For nobody's ever eating anything like that. You can go with pizza, of all the things we can crust. I just said, like a pep pepperoni come out fresh. And they've never had anything like that. You don't think they've been they've had They don't think they've ever gotten out bread and put it over like something and warmed it up and made them something out like that. Well, what about some hot pancakes about three layers.
Speaker 2: Oh, with some butter on it?
Speaker 1: M what about okay, I'm hungry. What about a chocolate chip cookie? I bet they go crazy hard beat that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or what about a nacho cheese Grito's Locos taco.
Speaker 1: We're not trying to kill them. We're not trying to kill.
Speaker 4: Local where the shell is a geredo chip.
Speaker 1: I believe they're not jestive system would be so virgin that that would kill them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know best or favorite fast food burgers?
Speaker 1: Uh loaded like a loaded wasper. Not yeah, like you hand it to them. It's between the whopper and the quarter pounding. I'm going wopper, double wopper, double wasping. You have a double wa I gotta call a foul you got a chance to give these people bacon, and you don't give them a bacon cheeseburger. Yeah, you gotta are you kidding me? You can get a Western style Okay, so you gotta.
Speaker 2: Have he can only this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, Here from the Rick Burgers Show tomorrow. You can feel the energy another Burgess ball Battle, Last Battle one thousand dollars Winter. Check it out tomorrow on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV