Speaker 1: Welcome to it. We do have a podcast for you today. Look at that day, it's bricking Jeffrey mine.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we go should we not post it today?
Speaker 1: Now? It's kind of crazy. We have an episode six days a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is why and people know exactly what time, like if it's late, if alexis uploads it a minute late, yes, they're like, hey, where's my fas.
Speaker 1: We love this job and we're grateful for you because the only reason we have it is because you're listening. Yes, so let's see what's on the comment section.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm gonna mess up this name, but it's something like, hey, Thomovic.
Speaker 2: Definitely wrong.
Speaker 3: Probably actually nothing like that. I've been listening to you guys for about a year and a half now, basically every single morning at six am, either at the gym or out running. Every now and then I just randomly start laughing like an idiot the middle of my workout. Well, everyone around me slowly starts wondering if I'm mentally stable or just having a full breakdown before sunrise. All love from Libya and I hope you know where that is.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, Yah, so cool, Thank you so much for listening. It's so incredible to hear from listeners all over the world. That blows my little mind.
Speaker 2: So Olbia that one's in our article right.
Speaker 1: No, we'll get a map out for jose don't Yeah, don't worry, but we appreciate you. Got your podcast starting right now Brooke.
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second date Updates.
Speaker 5: We have a listener who sent us an email asking for a second date. And these are her words. She said, it's tough being on the dating apps as a single mom. I bet trying to find time to go out and also meet a guy who's open to the idea. But recently I think I finally found someone who's actually worth it.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's fix it for what's wrong?
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you know he's not calling me back.
Speaker 2: That's all right, that's why we got your bag.
Speaker 5: It's not good, but that's what we're here for. We'll talk to Eve about it.
Speaker 1: Eve.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I can't wait to hear about this guy. What makes you think that he's finally worth it?
Speaker 4: Okay, So, like you said, I'm a single mom. It's been hard to date. So when I do find somebody that I connect with. It's really nice because you know, it's worth it's worth a night out, it's worth a night sinner, it's worth getting dressed up, and that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so much that goes into like just even my husband and I going on a date, you know, the planning and the babysitters and then the canceling. Like I can't imagine doing.
Speaker 5: Cancel on your own husband.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the babysitters always kids.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see, well that makes a little bit more sense. So you met him on the dating apps. Tell us how the date went.
Speaker 4: I thought the date went great. Reggie picked me up and to a salsa bar, like a dancing salsa bar.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a like a little sexy date, fun.
Speaker 5: Like salsa or like dancing like the culture.
Speaker 1: Okay, no one eats just salsa.
Speaker 5: That's just saying that there's a business opportunity there for somebody who wants to jump in and take it.
Speaker 2: Actually there just about recently I would drive.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, okay, So a dancing date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know, we we danced and we had a drink and it was really loud, but like it was really fun.
Speaker 2: Was he really good?
Speaker 1: At dancing, Like my roommate got into salsa for a while and I would go to bars with her and the people who were into it were unbelievable dances.
Speaker 2: Would go to Latin dance night and that was the funnest time. But there's people on the floor so good that are throwing each other.
Speaker 5: So what level were you at?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, we were the level where we were doing our best and having.
Speaker 2: Bad that's perfect.
Speaker 1: I wondered, if you're on the same.
Speaker 5: Page, how far did he toss you across the room? How many people?
Speaker 4: Thankfully not very far to go to the bathroom here?
Speaker 5: All right, so fun?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a great night.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're connecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had such a great time. But you know those kinds of places, like they're really loud and it's hard to talk. So we went another place after that where we could just talk and like get to know each other. What.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like this guy put a lot of thought into the day, you know, like he knew you're a busy single mom, that you needed to be treated.
Speaker 2: And you just need to have fun, even if even if you don't like him at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally and like I really liked Reggie because he was a really good listener. You know, like a lot of guys these days, they only talk about themselves, like they don't ask any questions. So like talking with Reggie was great, and like I learned about him and his family and it was just really nice to sit down and connect with someone. Is he a single dad too, No, he's not a single dad.
Speaker 5: He's a married dad.
Speaker 6: Works. No.
Speaker 4: No, no, he's he's not married, of course, and he doesn't have any kids, but he does know that I have a daughter, obviously, I'm very upfront with that.
Speaker 5: Well that all sounds great, at least on the surface. How did it end?
Speaker 4: I think it ended great. Like he drove me back to my place, and I didn't invite him up, of course, but I did give him a kiss tonight and then I went inside and I haven't heard from him since.
Speaker 1: So can you think of any reason why that would be?
Speaker 4: I've been going over in my head, and like the only thing that I can think of is, like he's a decent looking guy. He's personable, Like I had a lot of fun with him, and like he probably has a lot of options, you know, like when you're on dating app, you're looking at so many people, and you have a bunch of options in front of you, but.
Speaker 1: You're the best options, and so what's wrong with him?
Speaker 2: Everybody does?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I do know how that feels to get that. So uh, what to get the you know, great guy? You know, lots of options available to you. Yeah, he's perfect. Yeah, like being like the guy in that position with all these great options, doing all these great things, oppressing all of these women.
Speaker 3: Thought you were getting turned out the other guy.
Speaker 2: It's just more believable. The ways.
Speaker 5: Are like it's okay, yeah, yeah, okay, Well now I don't even want to have just drop it forget it all right, Bro, if you say the nice thing to end this call, then go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm actually really excited to call this guy.
Speaker 2: I think we can fix it.
Speaker 5: Well, she's a jerk who's not calling you back, so I don't think he's quite that decent. We're gonna find out. I would have called you back as like a good gentleman. But we'll see what his excuse is. That's okay, don't make excuses for him. We'll see what he has to say when we come back and do your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 2: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 5: On this show, We love single Moms, Yeah we do. Our number one single mom is a Lexus's mother, Barb. She is our personal fave. But number two, at least for today, is our listener Eve, who's been struggling to meet a good guy that's even open to the idea of you should hang out with Barbeve met a guy named Reggie online recently. They went salsa dancing and they talked and connected, but after the date, Reggie's gone kind of a wall, which is not cool. Alexis. What would Barb do if this happened to her, She'd.
Speaker 3: Probably be out on another night out with her friends again, you know, just moving on.
Speaker 5: I told her that she would feel comfortable calling us for help, Like, Eve, did.
Speaker 1: You want to do an update with Alexis if.
Speaker 5: She ever needs it? But today we're stepping in to help our listener Eve, and if nothing else, maybe get some answers from this Reggie guy because I am single moms deserve better, and Alexis, I hope your mother knows that I feel that way.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not unching my mom on the day.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, we're always there for Barb. Yeah, Barb, if you're listening, we're here for you.
Speaker 2: But your last Instagram.
Speaker 1: PI bar I would love a new segment Barb's problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but sorry, this brings us back to Eve. Eve, We're here for you today. Okay, one hundred percent, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think this is going to turn out great. I think that there's either some sort of scheduling thing and maybe he's intimidated that you're like a strong independent woman, you know, something they could be fixed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure it's gonna be something super fun like that.
Speaker 2: Positive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's intimidated by what a great woman you are.
Speaker 2: It happened, Yeah, Brook. Maybe we call him and he's like, there's no other day can get better than that.
Speaker 5: I sure hope. So let's call him right now and see what he has to say.
Speaker 7: If he takes up here we go Hello, Hey, is this Reggie. Yes, Hello, Reggie.
Speaker 5: Quiet talker, Hi, Reggie.
Speaker 2: Hello, Sorry, there's more than one of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we are not too happy with you right now.
Speaker 2: You're reg Reggie.
Speaker 1: You sound like a pretty stand up guy, Jeffrey, you don't need to come in so hard.
Speaker 5: He said hello, and you got stand up guy from Hello. He took a woman out on a beautiful date.
Speaker 1: Put some energy into it.
Speaker 5: The reason why some of us are not happy with you is because you went out with one of our listeners named Eve, a wonderful single mother, and afterwards you have the audacity to not call her. I don't know why my co hosts are laughing at that idea. It's kind of rude if you ask me.
Speaker 6: Wait, you why are so mad?
Speaker 5: Yes, emailed for help because this might be shocking to you. But she had a nice time the other night.
Speaker 6: I mean something's weird with her. I think she's like a scammer or a liar.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll tell you you. Normally, if someone's I told something, they wouldn't call a radio show to reach out to that person for.
Speaker 6: The Yeah, I'm kind of surprised.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds like you planned a great night with her.
Speaker 6: She told me it's hard for her because she's a single mom.
Speaker 5: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: Babysitters are expensive, she can't afford it. So trying to be a gentleman here, I offer you know what if I pay for the shitter and then you can come.
Speaker 2: Oh, I brought that up. I didn't want to put that in the air, but that's a really.
Speaker 1: I think my husband would be okay if I was in a dating app, if we could get.
Speaker 2: You're even more of a gentleman brother.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm kind of apologizing now for coming on so hard to chew at the beginning. That's a that's a good move. I would admit it for kids. Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So the night of the date, I show up, she comes down. I have them own her a hundred bucks. Everything's okay, you know. Afterwards, I drop her back off at her apartment. She goes inside. Yeah, i'm driving down. I realized she left her doggy bag or left over food in my car. Okay, come back, go to the door apartment, knock on the door. There was another resident there, so I told the person there. Hey, So I went out with a woman, a mom who lives here in the building. Her name is Eve. I don't know which apartment she lives in, but this is hers. Can you give it to her?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: What they say?
Speaker 6: She says, I know Eve, but she's not a mom. What and I'm like, well, what do you mean She told me she had a three year old daughter, and I thought she had a babysitter. I paid for the babysitter. She's like, no, she has a roommate with no kids.
Speaker 2: What wait, I.
Speaker 1: Mean as an apartment complex, there could be two Eves. It's not like it's a super common name.
Speaker 6: I mean it had to be the same Eve because she said that she just saw her come back.
Speaker 2: My neighbors don't know.
Speaker 3: I have pets lie about a kid.
Speaker 5: Clearly we need to get to the bottom of what's going out. Some sort of confusion is going on, and I need to tell you, Reggie. Eve is actually on the phone already listening to this conversation.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's how this works.
Speaker 2: Come in so pleasant. That was a pretty big accusation. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: I am so sorry.
Speaker 5: A second, are you not a single mom?
Speaker 4: I mean that's why I didn't bring my daughter's name. I don't have a.
Speaker 5: Second empathy for you.
Speaker 1: Like we had a whole discussion about how hard it was for single mom.
Speaker 5: Seriously, I came at him so hard at the beginning of this.
Speaker 7: Why would you lie about that?
Speaker 2: Who wants to be a single mom on a dating map.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't help you, does Eve?
Speaker 4: I guess for the money, like I have a roommate. We will just like we will just say it sometimes on dates, you know, like it's a game we play.
Speaker 2: Just slips out one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Sorry, charge more, get.
Speaker 7: Out of here.
Speaker 2: But that's why I think actually a hundred bucks is perfect because I would totally fall for this. You're not going to ask for pictures of.
Speaker 5: The kids, Okay? Can we stop trying to make her scam better to get even more money? I just mean, it's baby, don't be that for a second, terrible.
Speaker 1: Why would you call us if the whole thing was a lie?
Speaker 2: Because she actually liked him?
Speaker 5: Watch?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah I did like him.
Speaker 5: Oh what's your plan to like go out with Reggie like five ten more times until you eventually reveal Oh, by the way, I'm not actually a mother of any children. And by the way, thank you for the thousand dollars in babysitting that's pay for all of our dates.
Speaker 2: Stop messed up.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's so messed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're ruined it for actual single moms who want to date these good guys like now, they're going to be like all skeptical and jaded, And.
Speaker 5: I'm skeptical if Alexis's mom is really a mom at this how do you even know?
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's been asking for babysity money for someone to watch Alexis.
Speaker 4: Scared.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that sucks.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are some girls who just take the money before a date and don't actually go out with the guys like I do.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, yeah, you're right, you're totally a good person. Then you at least wait until after the dates.
Speaker 3: Take going longer.
Speaker 1: A real mom would say, if other girls jumped off a bridge, would you jump off one?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 6: Fair?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, the whole point of this call was to reach out to Reggie to see if you wanted to go out with you one more time. But first I think Reggie probably needs an apology from you, Eve, and probably his his money back. Yeah, do you want to say anything to Reggie?
Speaker 4: I do, Reggie, I'm really sorry. I don't have the money right now, but I will repay you eventually.
Speaker 5: After she goes on a date with another guy who pays one hundred dollars gift.
Speaker 4: Card which is guys gonna be so harsh on me, like I really am trying here.
Speaker 7: Like why did you scan thus too?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't know it was gonna be busted on the radio.
Speaker 1: So you're only sad and upset when you get caught.
Speaker 2: It's like such a cheater, and it's like, well I was gonna tell you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Reggie, I mean she's apologized and offered to at least pay the money back when she gets it. Do you have anything you want to say to her?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm putting her on blast. I'm putting this all over my Instagram. I got strenge, got of your phone going off. I allow the people to know not to get scared by you.
Speaker 5: So are you saying, Reggie that you are open to dating her or are you done? Because remember we will pay for that next date and the babysitter fee too if it costs.
Speaker 1: A zero dollars if you don't actually have a kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly what we'll do. So we always offer to send you guys out.
Speaker 1: I'll watch your pretend baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Reggie, No, thanks.
Speaker 2: Darn god, you could have made a lot of money as a couple.
Speaker 1: You know, you never knew how the scam would.
Speaker 5: Work out with the Yeah, yeah, you could have had like three more pretend kids got four. Eve. I mean, has this taught you a lesson? You're going to change your ways going forward?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I have to talk to my roommate.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The scam isn't as tight as we thought.
Speaker 5: It's brooking Jeffrey in the Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. This is a good lesson for any guy out there who's going out with a single mom. You need to say, show me the baby. Oh really, you're a mom just supposed to believe.
Speaker 1: You tell you there's not a mom out there that wouldn't immediately show a picture.
Speaker 2: Of that's normally naturally honestly, or.
Speaker 1: Just even see their lock screen. Their lock screen is going to be a picture of their children.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've heard of cat fishing on the dating apps before, but baby fishing is definitely a new one.
Speaker 1: Man still can't believe she was so confident that her like scam work that she called us.
Speaker 5: I mean, how many dating scams do we not even know about? That happened on this show right under our nose. People lying about something that we never uncover.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Thankfully, this guy randomly figured it out by trying to bring his date her leftovers and was outed for that, and that was just the universe.
Speaker 1: That's maybe that's why all those other radio shows asked the little kids to come on and talk for their mommy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she'sn't care to the background because you got to prove it.
Speaker 2: You got prove it.
Speaker 5: But you don't have to prove anything to us. We'll take you at your word for the most parts. We really are just email the sho you know. We'll call anybody who is in calling you back and go check out all of our podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey