Speaker 1: That's hilarious, and charlottage.
Speaker 2: They're looking into the thank y'all for beare like coach ole hot out family.
Speaker 3: The Vector Club is where people get the information on the topics, on the artists, everything like that.
Speaker 1: I'm running you guys going nice. Everybody got me all nervous. You guys, let's not yo. You locked into the world's most dangerous morning show. If you want to break this club, we don't bring it. One hundred and twenty miners will not come up here. This is what I'll do with this. That's right, Get about the bids and listen to the greatest show on Earth. Good morning, Usa.
Speaker 4: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Hilarious? Is that what up?
Speaker 2: Lona roa Soca Morney y'all charlamae the gap.
Speaker 1: Peace to the planet is Monday, No peace to the plan Friday confused? Hey to start the top of the bottom. Sometimes you just don't know the difference.
Speaker 2: Don't take me back?
Speaker 1: Can be verse? What y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: How y'all feel your bottom over there? Over there. How y'all feel, man? I am blessed, black and holly favored man in a bottom huh, happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne starts early this morning. We walked in together, right, I was lying.
Speaker 2: And walked in together.
Speaker 1: I was coming from walking together. I was on the phone. I wasn't pinting you. I go to open up the door for my brother because he's on the phone. On the phone.
Speaker 3: I don't even know who's talking. Don't be looking at my butt when I walk. I'm like Jesus, He's like, you just wake up like that, Just make up. Just wake up gate wake I mean if you're gay. I'm sure you wake up gay. I'm not gay, though, but you know everybody waking up gate this morning? Cover bottom verse.
Speaker 1: How y'all feel, man? You feeling how you feel like? You feel? Cool?
Speaker 2: Bab I feel great. I'm happy. It's Friday, yes, and I got my makeup fully done before the show started today.
Speaker 1: You got you, but.
Speaker 2: You don't have an your hair done. My hair is getting done on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Not too much on me in the back. See all that fir back then? Too much to me? Yesterday I thought Laura was getting attacked by the animals because I was looking at her reflection.
Speaker 2: Listen, I would sit on the couch and we was talking. I don't know what we're talking about, but you know how we'd be like having like heartfelt moments. After the show, he gonna look up and say, I thought it was an animal behind you. Not too much of my girl. She's gonna come up on Saturday. Shout out to Crazy Growth. The crazy growth is it's happening. The treatments and all.
Speaker 1: That crazy growth.
Speaker 2: That's the name of her brand because she specializes in natural hair care. So she does like full treatments before she does the braids and all that good stuff. So shout out to crazy Growth. Beauty bar don't be coming from my girl.
Speaker 1: It don't look crazy though, I just was lying.
Speaker 2: I'm not asking you. Did it look crazy?
Speaker 1: Little bit?
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody asked.
Speaker 3: All right, well, today on the show, Rema will be joining us. Rema will be joining That's how I. Rema will be joining us. Rema is an amazing artist from Nigeria. He's got a new album out right now called He Is That's right, and also Fawn Weaver. She is the CEO of Uncle Nearest we'll say you something.
Speaker 1: There's nothing I love stories like Fawn we You know, when you've been doing the Breakfast Club. As long as we've been doing the Breakfast Club, we've seen so many things from the beginning. Yeah, right, So fine Weaver came up here seven seven years ago and she was telling us about this new whiskey line she was launching called Uncle Near's. That's right, seven years later, that line is worth one point one billion dollars. You know she's a black woman. If you read Beyonce's GQ magazine article, you saw her talking about farn Weaver in there. So we'll have fun on this morning. She's got a new book out now called Loving Whiskey. That's right.
Speaker 2: Wait, seven years ago, you still haven't tried the whiskey.
Speaker 1: No, I have never drunk whiskey. Let me try for the first time this weekend.
Speaker 2: Don't supper black woman.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't drink whiskey. But I'm gonna drink whiskey this weekend.
Speaker 3: Though you never had an old fashion I have had an old fashion whiskey.
Speaker 2: Old but he means like really tasting it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know bourbon and whiskey were the same thing. I had the old fashion with bourbon. Yes, slew to my guy Lamart. He's got a spot in Chalceter Sucro line called Bourbons and Bubbles.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, that's why I had an old fashion act. Now let's get the show crack and we got front page news. Morgan, we'll be joining us. It'll go Anywhere's to the breakfast club. Good morning, good morning everybody at ej Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Law On Larossa filling in for Jess. And let's get in some front page news. Let's start off with some quick sports. Last night, the Buffalo Bills beat the Dolphins thirty one ten, but their quarterback to suffers another concussion.
Speaker 1: Damn, he's gonna have to retire another concussion where he had to be taking out the game, didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch it last night. Was it wasn't it was? I believe it was the third, third quarter, right and you know who hit him?
Speaker 1: Hamlin?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, Hamlin was the one that he ran into and got the concussion.
Speaker 1: Football is a dangerous sport, boy. Football is really a blush fort Now he's only work two.
Speaker 3: Is only like, what, twenty six years old, He just signed a two hundred and twelve million dollar deal. Ninety three million is guaranteed. So he might just want to You.
Speaker 1: Might want to walk away because you as a family, you know, you gotta think about thirty six, and you gotta think about forty six, and you gotta think about fifty six. You don't want to be fifty six years old shaking and drooling on yourself.
Speaker 2: Now, athlete's gonna be one to not play though I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 3: He might not have Well, it gets to a point he's been injured so many times. This is like what fifth, six or seventh concussion? Yes, yeah, four, he's a fourth concussion.
Speaker 6: Three four or four?
Speaker 1: Three or four concussions? One too many? Yeah, one too many?
Speaker 3: All right, Good morning, Morgan, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Happy Friday years So the mother fing weekend and it's Friday, the thirteenth, So Vice President Harris. Yeah, she's back on the campaign trail following Tuesday's debate. She held a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, yesterday afternoon, and she's out at recent endorsements from high profile conservatives. In addition to addressing tuesday's debate against former President Trump. Let's hear those comments from Harris at a rally in North Carolina.
Speaker 8: Former Vice President Dick Cheney and Congresswoman Liz Cheney are supporting me as well, because this election and what is at stake could not be more important. On Tuesday nine, I talked about issues that I know oh matter to families across America. It was the same old show, that same tired playbook that we've heard for years, with no plans for how he would address the needs of the American people.
Speaker 7: Of course, she is referencing former President Donald Trump, you know, the Republican nominee. Now, Harris is once again calling for a second debate with the former president and says candidates owe it to voters.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 9: Trump claimed polls.
Speaker 7: And clearly show he won the debate, and the first words out of a prize fighter when they lose is I want to rematch now, the former president said Harris. No showed at a debate with Fox News that was not scheduled, so that's not true. Anne refused to do ones with NBC and CBS. He said she should focus on her job as vice president instead of wanting another debate. There's also been reports saying that Trump is not interested in doing another debate.
Speaker 1: Did the American people need another debate? Or have we seen enough? I wonder enough. I wonder I think we've seen enough.
Speaker 2: But I was thinking about this yesterday. I was watching CNN and they were talking about this, and I think it's your strategy for her, because I feel like with Biden, he did a lot of toting back and forth with Donald Trump, but not directly with her. I think she wants to keep leaning on the contrast of like how sharp she is, because she has that advantage over him, and you see it clearly when they're together.
Speaker 1: And he looks like the mad Man. He looks like the old, drooling, dribbling man.
Speaker 2: But when they're just on two different sides, it's like it's not as clear for some people. So I think she just wants to keep driving that home versus the innerview.
Speaker 1: He still looks like the mad Man regardless he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his people they like that.
Speaker 1: And I know the basis of the party are pretty much made up their minds, But have the undecided to have the independence. I don't know, because what I'm learning more and more every day is that a lot of excitement around the vice president is largely in the party, and excitement in the party is not going to be enough to win an election in November.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, speaking of mad Man, former President Donald Trump, he's doubling down on claims that Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio are still stealing people's pets and eating them. He made those comments during a round yesterday in Tucson, Arizona, his first since the Tuesday's debate. Trump said the Haitian immigrants were destroying Springfield resident's way of life. He claimed during the debate against Harris that immigrants in Springfield were eating dogs and cats, and he also said that history will not treat President Biden. Well, let's hear those comments from Trump at his rally in Arizona.
Speaker 10: They take in the geese in the park, in the lake, and even walking off with their pets.
Speaker 1: My dog's been taken Biden in Kamala.
Speaker 10: This is the worst combination in the history of our country. The only one happy it's Jimmy Carter because he's no longer referred to as the worst president.
Speaker 11: Of This.
Speaker 3: Is just absolutely He always looks like a man, many sounds like one.
Speaker 2: All my Haitian Mathsi and I saw a report and I think it was I don't know what the outlet is, but it's a Haitian outlet, and they were talking about like crime that has increased towards uh Haitian people because of this conversations. In fact, there was a bomb.
Speaker 1: You're not running, You're not committing no crimes against no Haitian people. People that's fall from punks. Are your mind? Leave the community a load if you think, if you think you just gonna be committing crimes against Haitians, you out your rabbit ass mine, Okay, if you know what I know.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 7: This comes as details have been released after a bomb threat in Springfield, Ohio led to the evacuation of city hall. Officials say that threat was emailed to multiple city facilities on Thursday morning, including some schools. Springfield Mayor Rob Rude told reporters that the threat used hateful language toward immigrants and Haitians in the area. Of course, this comes two days after the debate in regards to those comments that former President Trump made, Springfield City city mayor says it's disappointing that the narrative surrounding our city has been skewed by misinformation circulating on social media and further amplified by political rhetoric.
Speaker 1: All you got to do is get a piece of Donald Trump's head to the right. Haitian.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, there are some Haitians in Long Island or apologies. We won't get into the audio, but let's just say the Haitians, like you said, the Haitian.
Speaker 1: Tell you to say sorry. You better say sorry. Right then you're gonna learn the hard way. Okay, all right, don't tell them nothing. Don't tell them nothing. And that is Front page News. Thank you, Morgan. We'll see you next hour. Yes, indeed, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines of wide open, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 2: I hate the way did you walk, the way did you talk?
Speaker 3: I hate the way you dress.
Speaker 1: Everything when me is best? Call up next eight hundred five eight five one, not just I'm what the coach of filing? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: This antm from Miami?
Speaker 1: God and tell for Miami. What's happening? You better believe it.
Speaker 13: Man, I want to talk about garbage as four man. Somebody need to tell him to be child. Somebody need to tell management don't flow it. I went to the game last night. Oh my horrible.
Speaker 1: Why is he gone?
Speaker 13: And let him take this man all this money?
Speaker 14: But what and we got all this talent?
Speaker 1: But why is he garbage forgetting a concussion? He was playing bad before that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he was playing bad.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 14: The man picks already in two games. Now I'm you get this man all this money.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Dolphins fan, but last year he made the Pro Bowl. He was the NFL passing yards leader, So all that means nothing.
Speaker 13: For that year because of her talent he has on the team.
Speaker 14: He can't throw far, he.
Speaker 13: Can't throw a long just the ball. The man's gone with you, y'all? Is this man all this money? And then another thing I want to say, make a comment on the biggest hell is Drake. He just rubbing it in his face.
Speaker 14: He gonna take the.
Speaker 13: Al all the way into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 14: He not an American.
Speaker 1: Baby, He's not like her baby, And tell let me ask your question.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, man, Yeah, how do you think I feel about my giants when they gave Daniel Jones all that money?
Speaker 13: Oh? My goodness, fan, game man, game, I.
Speaker 1: Feel your pain, Bro. I have a good one through. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 14: Good Morning's Bobby Fresh?
Speaker 13: What's up y'all?
Speaker 14: Second there in a row?
Speaker 1: What something? Bro? Can get it up your chest?
Speaker 14: These these people? Hey, man, he ain't nothing on my chest.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 14: I woke up and I be blessing alive today. Bro, ain't nothing to be mad about to y'all have a great weekend, all right, bro? Yo, yo yo, We'll let y'all go though. Man, Yo, y'all gotta check me out. I think I got some music y'all might like.
Speaker 1: Okay, where's that?
Speaker 13: Gotta look me up?
Speaker 14: Man, it's on I'm asking you everywhere, bro. The ash is a dollar sign? The what the My name is Bobby Fresher?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bobby Fresh on all platforms? Okay, on all platforms?
Speaker 14: I am Bobby Fresh?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 1: Brother? Hello? Who's this? Warners? This is Paul.
Speaker 11: How you guys doing?
Speaker 1: What's up? Paul? Get it off your chest? By Paul? How are you like that?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 11: Hey, just I wanted to give a quick shout out to to me and my wife. We've been married ten years this past Sunday, and I wanted to give a lot of credit to you guys to reading both of you guys' books. Charlotte, multiple of your books. I read every one of them. Thank you, and be reading your book too. It's it's helped out a lot, guys.
Speaker 1: Really, thank you.
Speaker 11: I appreciate I think I think having having you guys be so vulnerable and a lot of the stuff that you guys have been through and stuff that has helped you guys out, and Uncle Charlotte your push on mental health, it really helped me focus on on reaching better for myself and then uh and then really breaking that generational curse we we both grew up with broken families and then having us both be able to just stick it through no matter what we went through. You know, it's really creating a change for our kids too. So I wanted to give you guys a shout out for that, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for my brother, That's what it's about, man. Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Uncle Charlotte, I can I please please get a hook up with the book. I have your other books, but I haven't had this this third one.
Speaker 1: By chance, Eddie, I got you. I'm gonna send you a copy of Get on Honest to Dielne watch small talk sucks. We're gonna put you on hold and get your address gold On.
Speaker 11: Okay, absolutely, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, salute everybody in New Orleans too. I'm gonna be in New Orleans on September twenty if at Baldwin and Company Books at seven thirty signing copies of my new book, Getting Honest to Die Line. And I'll be in conversation having a conversation about my new book, Getting on Us to Die Line, why small talk sucks. So September twenty if, I'll be in New Orleans at Baldwin and Company Books at seven thirty p m.
Speaker 3: Yes, And we just actually, me and my wife just wrapped up our next book is Real Life, Real Family.
Speaker 1: We talk about raising our six kids.
Speaker 3: And you know, we got kids that at the age is a twenty three year old which is my oldest, and two years old, which is my youngest. We just talk about raising them, the journey and all that other stuff. All right, So you could pre order that sue, what.
Speaker 2: Snap back, it's crazy twenty three and two and she looked like that and no surgeries.
Speaker 3: Well get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the breakfast club in the morning, the breakfast club. Wake up, wake up, wake y'll ask if.
Speaker 1: You're time to get it off your chest? Your man or blessed, we want to hear from you on the breakfast glove. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hey? This tiny so darby? How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 14: Please?
Speaker 1: How you off your chest?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I want to get off my chest that. I'm so tired of the public corruption. The developers, the lawyers, the judges, they all in bed together and they took my small black owned business storefront without any taperwork whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Damn, how do they do that?
Speaker 4: How they do that? They get the sheriffs and they put a fraudulent document on my door. When I called the police, he said I never saw a paper like this at my life. And when he went back to investigate it, the chiefs told him I can't get involved in civil matters. And I had attorneys, uh, and they're not small either. This was a big law firm, so I'm not a Eastern Pennsylvania, which is right across the border in New Jersey. We're very prominent black owned business. And actually, Charla Mane, we catered the Daily Show, but you were on there. We gave y'all our puddings.
Speaker 1: Well you purchased them for the smell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, yes, it's I mean, it's a horrible situation. And we're now pro sate litigant for the last year and I'm gonna tell you we're whooping their ass. I don't know if our couccurse, but we're getting far. We're gonna get either damages or our store back. But it's a huge hole on our family. And you know, the one thing I also want to urge is for black people. Are people of color that are going into the legal profession. Personal injury is great, but it's really low hanging through. We need more people in constitutional law. And that's what I'm gonna be doing, going back to school to become a lawyer after this.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, give him your website. I want everybody to go to your website and and and and order some pudding or order something because I know you're gonna need help with them legal fees.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. It's ww dot knesus dot com, k h A n I s A, or you could just google the Pudding Bar. We're pre prominent. We work with the n b A, The Goat Shoes or Nestley Family show, Comedy Central. I mean, our our resume is great and we're still going. We have an event coming up with the Youth Resentencing Project and Philly. They do great work from stopping children black and brown children from getting waved up in the court system. My husband, his his instagram is big dotty. He started rapping because of the situation. And when I tell you, he is amazing, He's amazing. So everybody's text asout on the putting part.
Speaker 1: What you mean, oh, he started around, he did it, He did it. Disrected to them, Yo, it's.
Speaker 4: About public corruption. We did like it, like calling down the city and factist because the building was falling apart. So they retaliated against us because we needed to ensure the safety of our family and our customers.
Speaker 7: So we did.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a lot on our Instagram page. We got like twenty five thousand followers. Y'all can check us out.
Speaker 1: Listen. I want you to keep calling up here and keep us updated because I don't want them to be able to do that to you. Man. And Cansis is really good. That banana pudding was was was really phenomenal. I like the brownie galow was good too. I'm not gonna front thank you. My mouth was water and just thinking about it, like I'm gonna know, I'm gonna be on my edibles this weekend. That would be a nice little snack for the night of the mark.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're from Jersey. We wouldn't take it home so that we could do the you know, the recreational Barrijuana make our pudding is good.
Speaker 1: I got the dispensary opening uh in Newark and uh later on. Yeah, it's called hash Storia, so Luthor Ray Kwan, car Seller's Luthy Jet and Josh listen, I want to I want you up here with the puddings. Man, what can we get you up here? I'm gonna put you off hold and get your information.
Speaker 2: Yet you're so old you're playing your edible intakes this weekend.
Speaker 1: You gotta play. You gotta play in your edible intake. You gotta play what you're putting in your body. You knows exact time you have to take something right after the kids to get to once I.
Speaker 2: Know them kids staring you.
Speaker 1: Damn right, I take that edible and then I watched me a nice movie and the munchy's kicking around midnight, and then you go get your little late night snack. Get it off. When when you're born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, like I am, you gotta play stuff like.
Speaker 3: You gonna learn a lot eight hundred and five eighty five on five when we got just with the mess with Lord La Rosa.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we do Cardi being offset, welcome their baby. So we're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Into all of that, all right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning everybody to see a n V. Just Larry Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now let's get to chest with the mess with law La Rosa.
Speaker 2: Is real, whether it's Lariens, Jessica, Robin Moore.
Speaker 1: Just don't do no lines, don't do no world why jess worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club the Coaches with Lauren Lauren Rosa. I'm back and I got the mess. Talk to me.
Speaker 2: We can finally talk about it. Cardi B and Offset have welcomed their baby girl into the world. Can we get something like charity drop on the.
Speaker 1: Clues bond baby number three for body right.
Speaker 2: Yes, so they welcomed their baby girl into the world. I do not know the baby girl's name as of now, but Cardi B captured the post where she like put photos up of her Offset the rest of their babies in the hospital, just you know, holding the baby off Sets on the skin. The skin thing and the caption was the prettiest little thing. She came into the world on nine seven four. So for a while now, probably about a week now, fans and different people have been saying Cardi had the baby. Cardi had the baby. That was during fashion week, but nothing was confirmed. And now it is out there. Cardi B. Welcome.
Speaker 1: There's so much of a blessing whenever you hear about a woman having a healthy delivery because the way the maternal deathorad is set up, especially for black and brown women. Hey slewth to Cardy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Carti actually had she remember she talked about that freak accident that she had that she was paralyzed for a little bit and it could have caused issues with her pregnancy, So yeah, congratulations to her. Now, Lil Wayne, we have been talking all week long about the super Bowl and then back and forth about the fact that Lil Wayne was not picked for Super Bowl twenty twenty five in New Orleans and that Kendrick Lamar was. But now we are actually hearing from Lil Wayne himself on how he felt. Let's take a listen, crazy.
Speaker 16: I want to say, forgive me for the delay, and just the delay. I want to say I had the first part. I had to get strength enough to do this without breaking. I must say thank you to every voice, aerial opinion that all the care, her love and so out there is your words turning to arms and held me.
Speaker 6: Up when I try to fall back.
Speaker 1: That hurt a lot.
Speaker 16: I blame myself for not being mentally prepared for a letdown, but just automatically mentally putting myself in that position like somebody told.
Speaker 1: Me that was my position. But y'all a amazing.
Speaker 16: It made me feel like not getting this opportunity, you guys reminded me that I ain't shit without yump. I feel like I let all of y'all down are not getting that opportunity to But it's been working on me and I'm working.
Speaker 2: You know what was interesting in that for me to hear him say I'm working on me and I'm working because there's been a you know, in Little Wayne is the goal of what he does right, and he is very deserving of all of his career accolades thus far. But I think it seems like there's an inner conversation that he's having with himself about why he was not chosen, And there have been conversations online as is back and forth. It has been happening about times where you know, Wing didn't show up for shows or didn't take it serious stages, or you know, like we were expecting music and we didn't get it. And I think as an artist, you probably deal with a lot that we don't know about, and it seems like in real time he's dealing with that, but he's still disappointed. He wanted the super Bowl. He felt entitled to the super Bowl because it's in his city.
Speaker 1: So and that video made me feel bad because we all know the feeling of wanting something and not getting it. But you know, like you just said, Lauren, what I love about Wayne. He didn't blame anyone but himself, right, he said it was his fault because he had an expectation. Nobody promised him that opportunity. That's something we all wanted to see. That's a narrative that we created, you know, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was gonna happen. And yeah, he said he's working on himself. He's putting a lot of blame on not getting it on him, And yeah, that's that's that's interesting because everything you just said, a lot of people online were saying saying it's Wayne's fault. He didn't get it too.
Speaker 2: I don't It made him human too, because when he said, I had to take a minute to like not so I wouldn't break down when I got on a camera. It's like artists, when you get to a certain magnitude, I feel like you're like large and like you're kind of like a like it's not real. And with Wayne, it's like I was wondering how he felt for a very long time. So to hear that, he was like, you know, like that's so human to be like, man, I couldn't even talk about this for a couple of days. Without crying or whatever.
Speaker 1: His breakdown was, they artist be acting so cool like they don't care about those kind of things. Yeah, and you care about those, accuract, you care about those kinds of accomplishments because there's no like. It's not like when you play sports and you get into a championship game and you win a rank, and those are the moments where you feel like you're getting a rank. Yeah, the super Bowls are the rings. Sadly that thuffing those lifetime achievement awards all of that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: And the good thing about it is, and I know people have a lot of people are are upset currently still with jay Z because of the decision. The good thing is is that jay Z is there and he understands what Wayne mean to the culture because they have their history, and you know, super Bowl will come around again, right, not in New Orleans, right, but dang rub it in Charlotte.
Speaker 6: They got to come back to.
Speaker 1: Not in New Orleans. That's why it means so much to Wayne.
Speaker 2: I know, but still seven years ago to find a silver lining. You just never nothing bright and positive ever.
Speaker 1: Huh. The super Bowl halftime show is the super Bowl halftime show any city, any city. I just know it would mean a lot for him to do it in New Orleans, but any city.
Speaker 2: The first time you said it, he heard you.
Speaker 1: There will be more rappers at the super Bowl halftime show as long as rock Nation is involved. As soon as rock Nation walk away, y'all getting the Beach Boys, y'all getting new kids on the block. As soon as rock walk Away. You know what, you Negro is gonna deserve it, Keep it up, keep it up, a rock Nation. One more walk away and y'all, y'all gonna get Backstreet Boys. Taylor Swift?
Speaker 2: What why Dick just text me? People in New Orleans don't f p lll Wayne?
Speaker 1: Who said that? Nick?
Speaker 2: And I'm saying his name because why would you say that?
Speaker 1: Everybody in New Orleans right now that's listening to us on Uh, he has no clue.
Speaker 2: Nick, I'm calling you looking at his sources, his friends because they was on their angry.
Speaker 3: But isn't isn't he doing a festival the little way you're talking about coming?
Speaker 1: Everybody? Why did you ever say that?
Speaker 2: Because it was crazy?
Speaker 1: First of all, is white and the fact that you're repeating sound crazy said that New Orleans with Lil Wayne is sniffing the finest of cocaine with Fadel.
Speaker 2: What if his friends is black though, because they got a white friend.
Speaker 1: That's just silly. When he does Louis nfs. You go to see New Orleans rocking Wayne? How about it?
Speaker 2: I don't need to see it.
Speaker 1: I know they don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So Shannon Sharp, Shannon Sharp the live stream the whole sexual situation with the woman with Michelle whoever this is. So, there were conversations yesterday about whether he would be fired from ESPN or not. So there were reports that he was not fired from ESPN. I reached out to confirm reports, and I spoke to a rep close to the network who confirmed to us that because Shannon addressed the situation on Nightcap with Ocho, he's going to be back to his normal schedule programming on First Take Monday, and he's never on Thursdays or Fridays, which is why he wasn't on up until Monday. People were speculated like this is going to cost for him not.
Speaker 3: To be I understand that it anyway, because I mean, he allegedly he made a mistake. He was having a sex grown man. He's a grown ass man. I didn't understand what the problem would be while we would be fired.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's weird in twenty twenty fours, but like anything that's a little bit controversial, and like people get people in the uproar and brands and sponsors or whatever. So it was good that they cleared the air. He did address this on ESPN as well, I mean on Nightcap two, because I went back to them and I said, well, did ESPN make him do that? Did he have to come out and apologize in order to keep the job? Was of that type of situation, And from what I gathered from the conversation I had with the rep, it wasn't that they backed him one hundred percent on him taking the lead. He reached out to them all that stuff, and he talked about that as well too, So no comments. I thought, you had audio, Yeah I do, but they wrapping me up. I can't play it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah I played audio ill, but y'all I do that.
Speaker 17: I called ESPN after, like, I just got this tell him the truth, I said, I just got to tell him the truth. Our phone wasn't hack, it wasn't an it wasn't a prank. It was me being a healthy active mail. I mean, y'all thought I was bull driving.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, but I love getting thought I was y'all thought I was a bull dagger. What what you canky this morning?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: That was just with the mess with Laura La Rosa, You kinking man, getness all right?
Speaker 2: Lips got him in a tread bull jiving.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we got front page news more than would have been joining us.
Speaker 1: And don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It was so silent. That's what you was alred there doing. You were a year He was like fantasized.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right, it's the breakfast club one. You're checking out the breakfast club on everyone?
Speaker 2: Where's thej n V?
Speaker 3: Jess hilarious charlamage the guy? We are the breakfast club, Laura La Rosa filling in for Jess. Let's get back in some front page news.
Speaker 1: But we got Morgan.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So the Congressional Black Caucuses fifty third Annual Legislative Conference is happening at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, d C. And the event runs September fifteenth. Was a runs until September fifteenth, excuse me, with a focus on legislation initiatives impacting the black community, and in a Black Information.
Speaker 2: Network exclusive, I spoke with Gregory Jackson, is.
Speaker 7: The head of the White House Office of Gun Violence and Prevention, about the current state of gun violence in the US.
Speaker 1: Let's hear more from action greg Jackson.
Speaker 18: Gun violence is a number one cause of death for black youth in America, but also black men and number two calls of premature death for black women. So this is a huge issue that's devastating our communities. But the CBC has stepped up. There's been four different panels on this and as a whole focus throughout this conference of how do we turn vision into victory and not just thinking about elections, but no thinking about how do we make sure these policies are working to save lives and prevent violence from happening in the future.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So he also talked about Biden's efforts against gun violence. That's hear of those comments.
Speaker 18: You know, this was the first president to name gun violence as a public health crisis in American history. He also was the first one to as a bill on gun violence in nearly thirty years, the Bipartists Is Safer Communities Act. He actually moved forward with over forty executive actions on gun violence, and to give you some comparison, that's more than any.
Speaker 1: Other president combined.
Speaker 18: He made the largest investment in youth mental health in American history in response to gun violence and how it was impacting our youth in schools and in communities. So this has been a top issue for him literally since day one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think this is really important because you know Vice President Harris, she recently admitted that she's a she and you know Second Gentleman Doug Emma, they're both gun owners. Greg Jackson, he admitted to you know in that conversation. As well as being a gun owner, you guys have admitted to being gun over So it's about being responsible and using that as the last resort, you know, in terms of you know, when to use that tool.
Speaker 1: You did, right. I don't even not admitted to being gun owners. I'm a proud second. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: But like you said, it's the problem is there is a lot of times there is no training.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: So when I was in college and I purchased my first gun at twenty one, I didn't get any training. I was just able to go in and purchase a FIREARMB you know, in Jersey, to get your firearm, you have to take classes, you have to learn what the laws are and the rules are.
Speaker 1: But just think about it.
Speaker 3: At twenty one in college, you get your first gun, your first firearm. There there are no there were no rules and regulations to a bye by, there was no classes of courses. They give you your first gun, and it's pretty much like good luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And by the way, it's pointless to own a gun if you don't know how to use it. Like you know what I'm saying. Like some people just feel like having a gun gives them a sense of security and protection. No, you got to know how to use that fire you know.
Speaker 6: How to know.
Speaker 3: But the thing is that different laws for different places, Like in New Jersey, if somebody is running out your house, you're not allowed to shoot them in the back, but in other areas you're allowed to shoot in the back.
Speaker 1: Like you have to know the rules and the laws in each state. But knowing the laws mean nothing if you don't know how to use the gun.
Speaker 9: That's true, hit the range at that range.
Speaker 7: Okay, So also throwing the Congressional Black Caucus is fifty third annual Legislative Congress conference. Excuse me, I spoke exclusively with Texas congresswoman and clap back queen Jasmine Crockett about Harris's housing plan to hear those.
Speaker 19: Comments, recognizing that housing is a real issue and we don't control the interest rates. It's the Fed that controls it. It's not the House, it's not the Senate, it's not the president. But that still doesn't mean that it feels good. So having a president that understands the challenges to building this generational wealth around the fact that we don't have access to housing like we need because the housing supply is in short numbers for a lot of different reasons. But she wants to make sure that there's more housing supply. The more housing supply, the less the prices will be. In addition to twenty five thousand dollars down payment assistance for those first time home buyers, that is a lot bigger than twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: The twelve hundred dollars that she's referencing is the stimulus checks that people seem to think that they actually got from Trump because his name was on the check. But again, all of that was approved through Congress and Democratic efforts go ahead.
Speaker 1: I really don't understand that.
Speaker 3: Right when COVID hit and they were encouraging people to purchase homes, the interest rates for purchasing a home went anywhere from one point to two point nine percent, and people were purchasing homes, and these banks were still making billions of dollars as profit with these people with the interest rates. So I don't understand why they have to put the interest rates to seven percent.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 3: That discourages people from buying homes, and it puts it's a lot more on people. And the banks are not only just making a ten billion now, they're making thirty forty billion. I don't understand why they can't keep the interest rates low where it encourages people to buy homes, it encourages people to pay less on their mortgage. I never understood that at all, because obviously it can be done because we did it for four years in COVID.
Speaker 7: So as someone who actually purchased my home during COVID, you know I can't necessarily relate and I didn't necessarily have that rate, So you know there's that. I mean to each his own, but to your point and to her point, the FED controls all of that so you know, hey, fed, can you fix some of that police for Usyeah?
Speaker 1: Load that rate back so people could buy some mo Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Need some more.
Speaker 7: So also, she spoke about She also shared her thoughts on former President Donald Trump. Let's hear those comments from Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 19: I'm not letting him off the hook for during the debate, he had an opportunity to say I was wrong, yes, and he didn't. Instead he doubled down and said, well, they played guilty.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something. They were paid over.
Speaker 19: Forty million dollars because of their illegal incarceration. So if this is the guy that y'all think is going to lead the way to free us, when he still can't apologize for what was done to those black and brown boys, let me tell you he still don't care about y'all.
Speaker 7: She was referencing the Central Park five when she first started that, well, when that clip first started, she was talking about the Central Park five and how former President Trump took out that full page ad, he spent money, and he did not apologize during the debate when he had an opportunity to do so. My Governor Wes Moore actually spoke at the Congressional Black Caucus too, and he said that racism is expensive though you know in regards to that for forty million dollar payout, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sleuth, the Javin Crockett. I really do hope we stopped trying to correlate Donald Trump's criminal cases with him being able to relate to black people. Nobody thinks that makes Trump, you know, like black people, except for culturally clueless idiots and racists like the stop like that's not even a conversation, Like I don't even entertain that, Like I'm not don't even dignify that with a response. When people try to bring up those comparisons, I try to say, that's a correlation or that's why black people like Trump, Like no, not because they're no damn munk shot, not because they know none of his criminal cases. We can't relate that nothing Donald Trump is going through. We've never experienced that level of privilege. If I had ninety four criminal cases, I wouldn't have no job, I wouldn't be able to apply With no job, I'd be in jail like i'd been I'd have been putting a handcuffs. You never even seen Trump and handcuffs like cut it out, Like no, you can't relate to that.
Speaker 7: So that's your front page news. I'm still at CBC today. There's a brunch at the White House. You know, I'm going to continue to talk to the legislators and playmakers and so yeah.
Speaker 2: That's your front page news.
Speaker 7: You can follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage follow at Lack Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit b I N News.
Speaker 3: All right, now, thank you Morgan. Now, when we come back, Rama will be joining us. His new album He Is is out right now. We're gonna kick it with him when we come back.
Speaker 1: He Carol Nigeria. I don't know if I pronounce that right, but I think I'm trying to say, good morning, okay, all right, well, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ en V, Jesse, Lari, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Jess is on.
Speaker 3: Maternity leave, of course, the Lauren's holding it down. And we got a special guest in the building. We got the brother Rema. How's it going, brother?
Speaker 6: Thank you, I'm good, I'm right.
Speaker 1: I am a fan, bro. I appreciate I rock with your music. Heavy, heavy, calm down. First afrobeat song in history to earn over a billion on demand, screams in America? How that feel?
Speaker 6: Oh, glad to good?
Speaker 2: Does it? Does it like annoy you at all? Would calm down? Because like here in the US, people talk about Selena Gomez on the song so much and like kind of throw some of the the success of it her way versus you, But she gives you all of the credit. Does that annoy you at all?
Speaker 6: Sometimes I don't really see that. I don't really see this has been just going on her because like the collaboration, we both put out a face into it. Yeah, we will put the same like effort. You know, it felt like a real collaboration.
Speaker 1: You did her a favor. They did each other faith Like, yeah, she did me.
Speaker 6: A huge favor as well, because she don't have to do that. I reached out to her, you know. You know, she has been a huge supporter of my music, Like even before the public. You know, there's been a lot of great people who hit me up and like, yo, like what you're doing. She was one of them. When she's pud up to shows on the low key just but you're in the young Glad just like grow and become dispersed.
Speaker 3: Tell us about your inspiration, what got you into music, what made you start doing music? And when was your that that aha moment that she was like, oh, this is really connected.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I started on the church.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: The church really made me believe like I was doing something good. You know, I used to draw like it wasn't like giving me so much vision as I say, I was getting more applauds for music. Yeah, the church and braced it and just kept doing that. And then life go hard and drifted a little bit times where I paused, times when I needed to make it out of the family.
Speaker 1: You call yourself the children that I can't pronounce it hi he is, he is, he is. I'm idiot, but it translates to someone our chosen right. So when did you become aware of like your own special, divine unique qualities? When did you realize that, damn, I am the children one in my family?
Speaker 6: I would say, it's just like I'm a spiritual person. I don't like to get too deep, but.
Speaker 1: We can tell everybody in this room loves God, brother.
Speaker 6: But I just feel like there's just signs of comic prophecies and you you just be chilling and the prophecy just hit you and someone just woke up to you and say this, and just like I see this thing or you had to happen to you. Sometimes it's just visions, you know, it's just a vision, and it's like if the vision was never for me, and then why did it come to me in the beginning? M you know, so I just like take hold of it. And when you like for efforts and faith in that one vision and it comes to life, it's like, probably might do this to the rest fifty visions I've got and just keep coming to life. I feel like my name also like holds that brandma. That's a revelation for another dimension. It's like a know, the award for an idea. When an idea hits you that euphoria that's Raalma and you feel that feelings like it's just like it's just like an adrenaline pump. I heard that in church and I just feel like, you know, that name just stuck with me and I feel like I leave the name.
Speaker 3: You know, I wanted to know, you know, with the success of Calm Down and how big the record is and how big you are.
Speaker 1: With that record over here.
Speaker 3: I always talk to artists and they say one of their biggest fears is making a hit so early, that big, because you always chase that hit. You always want to be bigger than that record. I you have the same problem trying to beat that record.
Speaker 1: In the States.
Speaker 6: No, I never planned to make a big record. It's just didn't me. The world, you know, went with it. And also it's like I'm grateful for education. It's not like school education, but like life education. People experience things, not just for them to experience it and lend their lesson. I don't always look at success stories still learn. I also like to look at mistakes. I love people have had big songs like the Biggest Bird Cage and just like cage to that, I don't let that affect like my creative process. I go to studio with the same mentality like I made my first hit song, and then I have a vision, like if you look in my eyes, like you can see that I see something that's the way ahead of me. It's just like whatever needs to happen now will happen now, and I know my way around there. I have no pressure, I feel no pressure. I'm happy enjoyful. I'm making bangers still, and I like the way I moved with my new project as well. It's just like I don't like to move with the way people expect. I don't like to move with the ruse, and I don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blend a lot of different genres in your music, So what do those influences say about who you are as an artist and a person.
Speaker 6: I'm in my own world, you know. I don't really write song. I don't write I just go to the studio and have fun. Sometimes I end up saying things I do not even exist. I know, even words.
Speaker 10: I just.
Speaker 2: What's an example of what's an example of something?
Speaker 6: That My first hit song Becurse, was not even the work. I just expressed myself. I was just I was just in my own world, enjoying what I do. And I stand on it. Like I said, if division was never for me, then why did it come?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: It's like no English word or the German world could match the vibration that a chorus would send. It was just meant to be gibberish, and I did it, and it gave me a platform to express myself more gave me my first hit song and in a jury record A lumber lumba is just some just create out of there's four feeding in the studio. While you're in that creative process, you're just like close and just like express that one. It's just like saying boom without saying it was an exclusion. Yeah, you know, you just say boom.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite records of yours off the he Is Project. You just laughing in the chorus on uh you sit when you sit when you say it, because I just like the way you're applying pressure on it when you say I'm not gonna take it easy on my haters Monday morning. You're talking about me while I'm making money? What inspit that record? Exactly?
Speaker 6: The It's like for real though, like day on, day day and day out, people are just like talking about me, you know, and I'm stacking of every second. It's just a sign for you to do better with your time. It's like you're just hitting on it, giving me hitting on me since because what drove my first take nineteen, I've been criticized a lot. I always I would say I've not been baby seated at all. I've been poked for years and if no one like my heart. They were literally literally crushed. I feel like over time, even with my faces, the game kind of made me colder and colder. You know. I came with a love and heart. I spread so much.
Speaker 1: Love and hate turned your heart a little bit.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 6: It's just like sometimes you just want to give back that energy. It's just like Kendrick, sometimes you pop up and.
Speaker 5: A while.
Speaker 3: But you said you you know, you said you were learning from experiences, right, you were talking about your hair and the success, but you also said mistakes as well.
Speaker 1: What was one of the biggest.
Speaker 6: Mistakes that you made in the game or in life in general?
Speaker 1: Both.
Speaker 6: I would say, you know, trust, like you just literally have the biggest lessons from trust. Being a young kid and just wanting to embrace everybody and just like just seeing humans become like like the stories you used to hear when you were younger, greed masters. You know, I really trust you know when you have love, when you when you put your off you know, people who you heart so much and they just stopped being not being good like like me, I keep being good, Like if I see my enemy, I still shake hands. But it's like we know when a cool But it's like the respect of shaking Hans. And also I'm not believer that you don't have to be friends to be loyal. I also believe in that, like, oh, if we got money to make, let's make money, but we don't have to be friends.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean so like here we say that there's no permanent friends of enemies when it comes to business. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 6: That's like just just make money and it's like another thing. It's like it's like years ago. It's I didn't know a lot of people that the game would bring my way. Why would I make that? Like uh in Houston, Like I didn't know you, like at first, I just wanted to feed my families. Or why would you be the highlights of my career? Why should I focus on you?
Speaker 3: I don't get time to do all right, we got more with Rema when we come back. His album he Is is out right now. It's the Breakfast Club, The Morning, Good Morning, everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura l Rosa is feeling in for Jess and we're still kicking away aprobats artists. Rema, Now, do you feel like you get to respect you deserve when they talk about the afrobeas GRAMA.
Speaker 6: I feel like this success came too quick that people wish I didn't get it too quick, And you know, when they want to give you a respect when you have to be ten years in the game, I feel like I didn't my career. I didn't play according to those rules. And I was already breaking like seven year career walk off records at three years in the game. You know what I'm saying. I already went international from my first EP. So it's like people have this mind frame that we have to see you striving for ten years, like you have to grind. We have to see videos of you in the studio, like you didn't walk You know what do I need to I don't post me in the studio, you see his music. I don't give people what. I don't really tell people nothing about my personal like they don't know nothing. I think people just saw my mom for the first time. People just want you to strive so hard so that they can't be able to get a flower. It's like, no, it's it's something called grace.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 6: It's like I put in so much work that you don't I don't want to show it. People want to put in so much work. They wanted to be ten years in the game to be like, oh okay, now we can say you are this, or you are a top this or like it's like, come on, man, let's be real.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like when people have the top three AfroB male aprobe artists conversation, you should be included? I know they right now they include burn a Boy with Kid and w don't you think you should be included.
Speaker 6: In that respect to the ojis? But yeah, from one of them.
Speaker 1: Once you need no more big three. There's not a big four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And if you look at it, my impact in aphrobets has been huge. You understand it's not just about hit song. People have hit songs, but the impact in the journey of aprobit to the world, Like I don't even want to say a lot or just just something as little as major award shows creating an aphrobet category because of the success of my song has already shifted or opened gates. It's like India as a country, like being able to do huge arenas in three cities and having Indians and multitude come out to sing aphrobit songs. For it's like it's on another level and that's just like a little he cut the iceberg or what I've done in the game. I don't like to talk about it. I don't put my plaques in my house to like fuel myself with that ego. I don't. I don't want to talk about it. But it's quite side. Must I be thirty years ago to give me that flower? Times have changed? You don't need to be telling us in the game. To be a legend, to be an icon, to be someone who inspired in this generation. It's just what it is. Whatever a fifth is in all of that, it's like that's on them. Everybody in their hearts they know and I know everybody language from everyone on the game, the artists, everything, love to everybody.
Speaker 1: Though you said, you said a lot of labels are trying to clone you. You said, tell your stylist to stop sending males to me to get closed. Artists really sending stylists mail with your name to get closed. You said, I'm gonna pull up to your show and script you on stage, because that's my whole fake celebrities, fake industry, to get creative, stop trying to clone me. Then you said Rema made aprole BTP a big statement every new Artistan in twenty nineteen eight from the same template.
Speaker 2: That was pretty worthy for some to start with.
Speaker 1: What motivated all of that?
Speaker 6: I'm very true person into the coppice fool. Might as well just say a few things, just get a few things out my chest. I don't really want to embarrass anymore. And sometimes the times where you need to make a statement, it's the saying that when the lizard shakes his head, like his adjusting his own ego, his prison, his own self because nobody want to give him as far as no one want to get him prison. But I'm not here in this SENTI be too big four flowers anything. Sometimes I just like to clear the air, like reaching out behf seeing your Redma stylist and steal in my clothes month water close and like brands that I've created a relationship, think they're sending close to me and they're setting close to you. Seeing some funny shoe sizes. It's like whoa so got his tiny legs? It's some funny I just like about the epis is just like I mean, when I came to the game, I came with a template. I just like the way like new artists come and have a dominance. Mine was just different from they want started, you know, the whole EPI trail. I mean, every artist is twenty nineteen, like walked on that path like a new artists just had to. Like when you come out, you pop out without EPI. But a lot of people will argue with it. You know, a lot of people just don't want you know, sometimes I don't like to feel like some AfroB Messiah or someone just sometimes they don't really like you being quite young at saying something. Sometimes it's not for you to say. Sometimes it's the truth, but it's not for you to say. Sometimes I just want to leave it. And sometimes I'm quite I just can't wait for it to be in the air because I just can't wait for maybe like the old used to say it, and I'm like, Okay, no one's saying it, so I might as as well. But slowly it's just like I really don't want that picture of Afro Beat Messiah. Oh, let's do it for afro Beats. It's like, you know, I really don't want things to be that serious and I just want to express myself, that's all. And when things are not looking good and I want to class something. I just want to clear and live it at that, but starting to make an agenda on tweets that I felt at the moment. I mean the tweets as cleared. Whatever I need to I don't really need to like embody it. In interviews, it's not so much of a big deal.
Speaker 1: You give me what's your relationship like with the with the old gis with that, with the Burner Boys and the Beatles and with kids? Do you have relationships?
Speaker 6: So yeah, big respect. One thing I'm happy about is that we all respect each other. Respect. There's difference between me and a boy, a friend, a friend. I got friendship, I got respect. A lot of people got friendship from big dogs. I ain't got respect. I got respect. If I ain't, don't even got friendship. But I got my respect. That's what gave them.
Speaker 1: Me got more with Rema. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast club, Good Morning Want Like everybody is j n V jes Hilarry's Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club Law and the roaster is feeling in for jests and we're still kicking it with rama.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Remember do you feel like the US is watered down Afro beats at all? Like it just seemed like they just took a couple of records and made them big and almost like that was it to see.
Speaker 1: But when you go to.
Speaker 3: Africa or South Africa, Nigeria, all these different places, it's so much more.
Speaker 1: You feel like it's watered down it all.
Speaker 6: No. I when we start like having a lot of internation throwing us, we sometimes the little influence on the outside coming and sometimes you just want to like make it more unstundable for the people to digest the music better. Maybe it's going down on the little local dialects and like put it in a little more English study call onerstn or like maybe the beats, maybe it's maybe it's too intense, like maybe it's on something like you know, but at the time, were like, you know, never really used to care anybody. I think it's like they like it, they like it, they don't, right, It's like we just go to the studio and be free.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know if America was going to like come down, you know, Europe was going to like it. I just do stuff. They're some of my songs that are more successful in France than they are in a country two hours away from France. It's just like different crowds pick whatever they want to pick. India they got what they like, you know, all the African countries that go what they like.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I would say, like my first album did so well internationally than they did locally. Understand I would just make it music, But the international crowd grasp it more than the locals. My new album, the locals grasp it more than the international. It's just like comes with the face, right. But I really don't have a place in people's decisions when they create. Some people create what they want to create. Some people actually plan to create because they plan to be in the territory, you know. And sometimes could prompt several features, or I need to feature this artist, or oh these people just what they like to listen, so let me do this, but in an aphrobea version that will be more digestible to them. But it's different concepts. But generally I hope over time it don't be the norm. It's like, come on, it's not us now. We're very raw Gavid, like we're wicked with the beats, with the flow. It's like let's stand on that because that was the main foundation of aphrobeats.
Speaker 1: I like what you said about that, because when I tell people that I listen to you, that's one thing they say about especially with the new project, they say that you highlight the local roots of afrobeats with your drums and your sound patterns. So that's that's intentional to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was intentionally. See, it's just has it's just through someone that has an outer body experience that look at the game from like, oh, how we're going on? You know what going on right now? But sometimes it's like another thing is like think about it. Some people will be like, Okay, you feel like you're gonna make this move because you already have your international song. We want to have our own international song too. Why you think it's like I never like, yeah, come down is a softer beat. It's like I have a lot of songs just so beats, like I make love songs that make all types of chances. But it's just like that rawness. It's just something that was just being like being lost. It was like what they call it lost art. It's just like yo mind like because also if you think about it, I'm not trying to be selfish because I have a huge song. Also, think about the guys in the underground if we lose this art, like you know, the streets is this is the bump that's like you gotta also make them know like this person who's so huge is still willing to tap in so low to the roots, like I see you know it's like I see you. It's like it's also possible for you guys, like don't make it like because now the guys on the ground to think like, oh, after what I done my stuff?
Speaker 1: No, I want to hear traditional a beat. You get it.
Speaker 3: You talk about bad health care in Nigeria and you always talk about giving back to the church, giving back to the kids. What do you think could be done to change some of the stuff that you and your family went through to make sure the next generation doesn't have that problem or you're working towards that as.
Speaker 6: Well, a lot of things are being held down by the government. The government is starting to understand that they are know that's influential. We are the ones having the real influence on the A lot of times you have to bring us close to know what the youth wants and maybe some might have it to have us close for their own agendas. But it's just your decision to stand with the agenda. There's no amount of money the government want to give me out like oh oh, like no government money can freak me. I've said it in a lot of songs that I think I was starting to make more money than politicians. It's like it's like, you know, I feel like with the influence that I have, we are now at the point where we can tell them, like, yo, you're not doing your job. If I'm sit there with the governor, il the whisper to is here, I'm like, I don't think you're doing this right. I'm sorry it's coming from a twenty four year old, but it's like I think I tapping with what their perspective. You can't see that. I'm sorry. Policies just help convince them about policies and the little we can do, like we're investing with the money we make, bringing back home, giving kids life a meaning. A lot of times I'm telling my manager, so we have a lot of deep talks. It's like it's not about giving rice. Everybody just want to give rice rice. It's like you just want to go make some food. Do you know if some kid got some allergy to rice and then yes, you gave rice, but then you leave and then the kid got to go to the hospital to sort at that. Do you understand? It's like, are you like this is the whole different perspective to me giving back. I don't like to do the basic giveback that, oh, I give you food, that's it. It's like no, it's like what about tomorrow? What are they going to eat? It's like, i'd ratter create a platform that will consistently provide. Yeah, you know, create a platform I would consistently educate, Create a platform that would consistently clothes created platform, becausetti shelter. It could be one hundred people, could be five hundred people. But if it's one thousand people, five hundred people, but at least it's quite consistent, then I'm giving one million people food today to worry they'll be hungry. That's my perspective of giving about platforms policies.
Speaker 1: And they should listen to you. I mean, you just had to show on your city. You had twenty thousand people come out.
Speaker 6: I think it was thirty even though a lot of people outside.
Speaker 1: Wow, It's like, what do I feel like doing that in your hometown, even not your hometown, but nin but ben In City.
Speaker 6: There's a country called ben and the same spelling ben In City. It was really beautiful, iconic. Then there just I felt a lot of joy, love, anger. Sorry to say, I ain't war, it's just oh, it's just like this place has struggled so hard. The places stomped on me. It's not really like you're blaming the people, just like you're just blaming the environment for your struggle.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: It was just like I have to give back in somewhere. I didn't want that money. First of all, it was not about Ay, I'm the star, come on watch me, I pay to watch me. It's like no, it's like I made sure the tickets were affordable because life is harder than you. First of all, take us affordable. And also I don't make myself the center of the event. No, the people want and then everything that has to do with the show, giving them an iconic show, the great stage, great sound. If I had bad sound in that stadium, they'll be like, yeah, it was a great show regardless. Why because I didn't put my all into the stage or the sound. Because I was so focused on me being the talk of the town, like it's all about me. It's not even about the sound. People will take it those days a good show. But I always like I made sure you know the security of the people, even the security of the people outside that can not getting because I know that would be a possibility. Just making sure that they have a good show and making sure that came pucked give back inspire as that I think I did that.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get into a joint that what you want to hear? What joint you want to want us to play this morning? Let's he I know what he wants to play. You want to do?
Speaker 6: I want to do?
Speaker 3: He hears the actually hears the song here he is all right, Well, we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Next time you come back up absolutely.
Speaker 2: Man, don't be letting them take your outfit, say fly.
Speaker 1: Don't know, let nobody them your life like I like. I like your confidence. Man, you know what I'm saying. And your belief in God. I can see God in you, brother, Thank you, thank you. Appreciate Redma. Ladies and gentlemen, It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody, be all the Breakfast Club. Let's get right to Rema Man. Thank you for pulling up man. That's what that he is out right now. And let's get to Jest with the mess with Lauren la Rossa. Youse is real, just robbing more.
Speaker 3: Just don't do no lie, don't talk the.
Speaker 1: World why jes worldwide mass on the breakfast cloves. He's the coaching with Lauren Lauren.
Speaker 2: And I got the mess alrighty. So there has been some updates in the day the Diddy one hundred million dollar default judgment that we reported on earlier this week. So Derek Lee Cardello Smith, who was the plaintiff who was alleging all of this different stuff sexual saw all this different stuff that he's saying he needs to be compensated for, has now been hit back with an answer from Diddy's team. So Diddy's team filed a document it's an emergency motion to set aside the default judgment, and they also filed to dissolve the t r OH that was granted to the plaintiffs. So basically what that means is the money that they're saying Diddy has to start paying this guy. On October first, Diddy's team is like, hold on, we need an emergency conversation about why this should not have been granted, and they awarded him a tro which basically meant that Ditty's team was not allowed to sell any property in that state or anything related to what could be used to pay the plaintiff. They're saying, none of that makes sense because the plaintiff has no like, he has no interest in any of the property, So how dare he say what we can and can't do? Now it's a lot. So last time I reported, I told you guys that the judge never addressed the statue of limitations on the sexual assault stuff? Didty team is a legend? And I actually reached out and received this statement from them, And what they are alleging is that the statue limitations on that ran now seventeen years ago. They are also saying because the last time I reported, I said that the judge said that she had receipt of Diddy being served, and we actually have audio of that. Can we take a listen real quick before I get into it.
Speaker 15: I have a purple service showing that mister Holmes was served on six two thousand and is that twenty four?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeh?
Speaker 15: Return receipt requested was provided, so there is proper service. Mister Combs has neither appeared nor responded to this request. So I am going to grant your motion for a preliminary injunction, temporary restraining order and order that the defendant and their agents are hereby enjoined temporarily for a period of ninety days. I'm a sale, transfer or exchange, trade or transaction of title or deed to the property listed as the address and placed on the market by defendants for the amount of seventy million dollars. And this property and estate flying to are connected to defendant Shaan Combs, shall see some desist and an all trades, transactions or otherwise stuff the process. This shall have an immediate effect.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of legal job recently. But it happened recently though, Yes, so I was.
Speaker 2: Going to sum it up for you because I knew it is a lot of legal jog. And so basically what just happened in that zoom And this was from the other day when we originally reported this.
Speaker 1: But I did this story from the man who had the man who said did he had his hand on his butt?
Speaker 2: This is from this man, the man with the hand yup left buttocks. Yes, allegedly because that's what he remembers. You know how his mind works. So basically that zoom is from court recently. I didn't use that the first time I reported because I'm like, this doesn't make sense. This is a lot of money for him to have been served and just be like, you know what, I'm good. So when I reached out to get more information, what they're saying in response to that is that, first of all, the last time that did he lived in the house that this man is claiming did he was served, that was over three years ago. They're also saying that because in this same zoom court hearing, the man alleges that did he came to him, they had a conversation, did he like basically tried to offer the subtle and Diddy seem is saying that it's completely not true. Did he does not know this man? Not even does he not know this guy? But they didn't even know about this hearing whatsoever. And they keep saying it's because the online system in Michigan is a lot different than other places. They didn't even know about this. They found out about this when new outlets started reaching out to his attorneys for a response to the default judgment. So they just recently found out about all of this, so yeah, it basically they're asking for this to not happen.
Speaker 1: So they're saying he never got served.
Speaker 2: Never got served, He does not know this man. They're also just overall saying all of the claims of assault and the sexual stuff and the drugging completely not false, I mean completely false, sorry, completely false. And they want to make it clear too that this guy has a record from what they found of doing this, like he's intoed a lot of other lawsuits that judges have been like, that's silly, we not even honor that. But this judge, for some reason, because of the amount of money, did not take a second look into it. And I was listening to some other reporting where normally I guess in these situations, a judge who's supposed to be the protective party over a person's right, when you do a default judgment, it takes away a person's right to defend themselves.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: They're saying that there should have been another step because of the amount of money this guy was granted, like another hey did he are you sure about this? And it didn't happen so everybody's trying to figure out what's going on. But his team is saying they're calling bs and also some.
Speaker 6: Of some of the jargon.
Speaker 3: Did he selling his bell at at home?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 3: He bought it for thirty five million? He's selling it for seventy million? In that junction that she put in basically said he cannot sell that house until this is taken care of.
Speaker 2: Anything that would make it Where did he may not be able to pay this guy or you know what I mean, like anything that's gonna touch his money close to the amount of money that this guy supposed to be paid. They're trying. This guy is saying I need to be able to control that, and his seeming saying, wait a minute, no, you shouldn't be able to contry.
Speaker 1: This guy has no lawyer. He's doing this all on his own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in court by himself. He was representing himself.
Speaker 1: Now he reading all the jail law.
Speaker 2: He was dropping statutes and and yeah he was. Yes, he's been sitting there for some time.
Speaker 1: What does he come home? Do we know?
Speaker 2: I have no idea so and other? Did he new so dawn party or something? They don't you got a birthday coming up.
Speaker 6: June.
Speaker 1: I want to know why did he I think did hey? You want to know why when he come in. I'm just curious because he's you are ahead. I hate this guy.
Speaker 13: I know you are.
Speaker 2: I'm so In other news, Diddy recently had addition to that, like, this isn't so serious and this is what you do. We're talking about people being allegedly abused here or not. Who knows Diddy sued. Diddy is now being sued in addition to what we just talked about by Dawn Richards. You guys will remember her. She was a part of making the band Dirty Money, Dirty Money, the Dannity Kane era. So basically what she is a legend. She's a legend a lot of different things too. So she is saying that she number one, has not been paid for a lot of different things that she's done, whether it's been like writing, producing performances, a different brand deals that she did for Sarah, and she wants that money. But she's also saying that because of the different things she's had to endure, Like she says that she watched him Diddy as him, she watched Diddy punch Cassie at one point, and this is all alleged a during a dinner where allegedly Jimmy, Iveen Usher and Neo Wor at the table and it was like a huge label dinner, tons of people there and nothing happened. Then just went on and they can seemed to do business and make a lot of money with the label. She's saying that at one point she was headed to a studio in two thousand and five, Allegedly she saw kem Porter coming out of the studio with various fractures and different things to her face that were very obvious, and she was crying. She's saying that just when it came to the girls from making the band and dirty money, he would treat them and saying like they were basically starved. Allegedly, according to Dawn, they were overworked. They would have to work for like periods of like thirty six or forty eight hours without being properly fed, and because of that, she actually ended up in the hospital at one point.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I mean, I was just reading some of it yesterday. He was allegedly starve her out and didn't have the chef cook in front of front of her and.
Speaker 2: Would eat in front of them and would only make them eat, like drink peanut butter or milkshakes or something like that. But Dawn has always been so when he did all that, giving back the catalogs and all that, it was a well known conversation that Dawn in Aubrial Day did not do it. They didn't take back there or whatever it was from him, because and Aubrey spoke out about this. She did a special with TMZ where she talked about she didn't do it because there was an NBA in there that said that you couldn't, I guess talk about certain things, whatever those things were. And some people are speculating that Dawn didn't do it as well because she knew she wanted to be able to come out and tell her story. But we have audio about her talking about one of the instances where did he would like talk to him? Kind of crazy. We were coming to rehearsal in New York. We were doing Saturday Night Live, and Colleen and I didn't know we had rehearsals, and we were asking everybody, Yo, when's rehearsals.
Speaker 15: They didn't know.
Speaker 2: We'd get to Sir studios and puff on us. He spases out on us like and.
Speaker 3: He was like we was like, y'all don't want it. Y'all don't want it.
Speaker 2: I threw my personal I was like, well you want to go, we can go. There was this chess battle and it happened to me, and I think everybody's eyes was like Dawn, like Dee Rock was looking at me like a little bit like where are you gonna go with that? And I think that was the first time PUB was like, yeah, I needed to maybe slow down on that moment. And they're like there's tons of talk.
Speaker 3: About the car off the call thing that she told me behind the shat.
Speaker 2: So two things. So, first of all, Dawn said that there was one time when she walked into Diddy's house and this is when Cassie was cooking him the eggs, and he threw the high eggs at Cassie and he came downstairs in his underwear and down was like, can you put some clothes on it? He was like no, like you and my this is me, this is what I'm doing. And she had to sit there and talk to him in his underwear. And then there's another time in the lawsuit where she talks about showing up late to a studio in New York, and Diddy was so upset at her and the other girl from Dirty Money that he went off on them. All the words she just said. All of that happened be y'all don't want this, y'all don't want to work for this, and he went to swing on her, according to Dawn, legedly, and the bodyguard grabbed her, so the bodyguard intervened so he wasn't he didn't hit her, and then the bodyguard threw her in like a bentley, like a bad boy bentley that they had. This is the part though, she's saying, because people were like, why, you just need to get off the bentley and leave. She's saying that she was in that bentley for hours, at least minimum two to three hours, because there were no interior doors in the bentley, and she realized that when she got in he had on door handles. And she was able to call her dad within all of that only because the other band member had herself phone. So she called her dad because she really thought something was going to happen to her, and her dad drove from Baltimore to New York and demanded to see.
Speaker 1: Her, but because he was ready to catch her body but.
Speaker 2: Listen because he was so upset. The people the team members around was yo, we gotta let her see her dad. They let her see her dad, but Diddy and her dad got into it, and her dad was so shaken up by them getting into it. According to Dawn allegedly that she felt bad. She felt like, I don't want to put my family in this position, and she backed up, like basically backed off of it because the dad was starting to call the police. And the next day they performed at SNL and did He told her like, you know, great job, y'all did amazing, but don't ever call your dad again, unlets you're in the hospital. So it was it was a lot of reoccurrences of like these crazy things would happen. She would witness crazy stuff. Nobody would do anything, but they're making money and they're you know what I mean, they're successful. So she's just quiet.
Speaker 1: But she said, we didn't get bad like that has happened before.
Speaker 2: That is all according to her.
Speaker 3: And I want to also say every.
Speaker 1: Story crazy and crazier and Freakia and care that documentary Shifty Doing It is gonna have to be on porn Hope.
Speaker 2: Diddy's attorney Erica Wolf is saying, mister Combs is shocked and disappointed by the lawsuit doing his attempting to rewrite history. She's manufactured false claims in hopes of trying to get a payday conveniently timed to coincide with her album release, and pressed to.
Speaker 1: Her Jesus, yeah, that was a lie clap for me.
Speaker 2: Man, it's early. You're not gonna.
Speaker 1: You just reported, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying the fact that I got through the report, know what I mean, don't turn into that was a lot of stuff to report and I am not in You're right, sorry, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Well, that was just with the mess with Laura La Rossa. All right, well, who you're throwing your donkey too over there.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to talk right now. I'll be back in a minute. All right, we'll be back. I'll give you a shut up in front the back the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same. Some donkey to days, just sense, Charlotte May I never heard them.
Speaker 5: Donkey say it again, Charla Man, I'm a duncan, Yes, Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Donkey of today for Friday, February thirteenth, Oh, it's Friday. The thirteenth. I don't care about that no more. I used to not anymore. It goes to a woman named Michelle Cobb. K I think her name is. I'm probably pronouncing her last name wrong. Listen, man, I am reminded every day how hard it is for women to find the right partner out here. Okay, I am surrounded by some very very very very very very very very single women. Okay, I'm talking about the type of women that jd Vance uses to prove his childish cat lady point. But it's not because they don't want a man. Okay, it's not because they don't want to be in a relationship. They just can't find a man. In full disclosure, it's hard for me as an uncle, Okay, it's hard for me as a unk to these women. It's hard for me as a brother to these women. It's hard for me to feel sympathy for them because I know them, and because I know them, I can totally see why they're single. I totally understand why they can't find anyone, why nobody wants to be, why their relationships don't last. I completely understand, Okay, But I also can understand why women be sick of men. Okay, A lot of men need to go through the work on themselves. That's why I be stressing healing. I know a lot of women who refuse to even date a man who's not going to therapy. And I don't blame them, but some women like Michelle Cobka, some women like Michelle Cobka are going to extremes to prove that they don't need a man. See. Michelle Cobka has been diagnosed with objective philu, I ever heard of that? Anybody in the room. It's when you develop an attraction to objects. Okay, because of this condition?
Speaker 2: Why are you looking at me with that?
Speaker 1: Michelle fell in love all right? You know, she fell in love with and I want all my single friends, all my single you know, nieces and sisters to listen because there's other options here.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Michelle fell in love with an airplane. Oh, not just any airplane, a Boeing seven thirty seven, eight hundred. She says she's attracted to the plane's wings. Okay, the plane's wing lets, okay, and it's thrustess.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: Michelle said, the plane got a big ass cock pit. Okay. She carried out a long distance relationship with the airplane. But after nine years of flying high, the relationship has come crashing down because Michelle and her Boeing seven thirty seven eight hundred have finally broken up. I know you all are listening to me, and you're saying to yourself, Uncle Charlotte, what the hell are you talking about? Well, if you don't believe me, Michelle was on a reality show with her babe, so you could listen to the story for yourself, let's listen.
Speaker 12: Michelle's love of planes is known as objective failure, and she's not alone. Over five thousand people worldwide are also in love with inanimate objects. And that's just what's been documented on a to fit one hundred and twenty nine feet and six inches of seven three seven into her apartment. The focus of Michelle's daily love is her models and the life size scrap parts she buys online. Michelle has spent some six thousand dollars on these seven three seven parts.
Speaker 1: You judging okay, But when the plane starts talking dirty to you, saying things like baby, I'm carrying a full load and the passengers are ready to disembark. Ooh, you can talk back to the plane dirty and say ooh baby, you want your ben stuffed listen man. Michelle said her biggest dream was to be married and live with the plane. She says she sleeps with her darling every night, either with real you know components like the spoiler, the flap track, bearing and tank valve are a five foot two model. She said, intimacy is part of our relationship. I'm actually kind of shocked they couldn't make it work because in relationships, there is going to be turbulence. Seeing relationships, everything starts out good, it's a smooth takeoff, but there's gonna be points where a ride gets bumpy. That's why you have to wear your seat belt on the plane. You can't get up and go to the bathroom right now. Sit here and figure it out. What you're gonna do. Get up, open the emergency door and jump out just because things are getting rough. You're thirty thousand feet in the air. That's not gonna work. Okay, you are not going to be on cloud nine every moment of a relationship. Even if you were dating a plane and none of the single ladies I know better be judging that I wasn't that I didn't know you were single. I wasn't even talking about you. Why are you jumping?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 15: Why?
Speaker 14: Why are you?
Speaker 12: Why you?
Speaker 1: I had no idea all of you.
Speaker 12: All.
Speaker 1: I'm simply saying all my needs. At least Michelle had somebody, all right, She was with that plane for nine years. Okay, my single friends could never or maybe they could, but they got too many wants. Okay, these checklists of what they need a man to do, and you know, you know they they don't even check off none of the boxes. They looking for another's.
Speaker 2: I felt so bad for them.
Speaker 1: What you want in someone else, you must possess in yourself. So imagine how fly Michelle must be that she ended up with a whole plane as a sexual partner for nine years. She did what works for her. And for the record, her and the plane have stayed on good terms and the breakup wasn't too messy, and she said her and the plane are still friends. That's good to know that Michelle and the plane had a smooth landing. Please give Michelle Copka the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons. Oh no, you are the dog gee of the day, dog Gee.
Speaker 6: All the day.
Speaker 1: Ye, good morning, all my single nieces, Good morning, all my good morning, all my single friends. It's just another option out there for y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why I feel will open because God don't like ugly.
Speaker 1: There is another option out there for y'all. Okay, that's what the p all right, whoa another option?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: I want y'all to know this over how you feeling?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: Okay, man, this is crazy? That's crazy. What's crazy? Hey, Matt, come here back? What hit the wibble? One time? Hit the bobble one town, big man?
Speaker 2: You can't do the he lost.
Speaker 1: Mac is concerned. Mac is concerned. He's concerned about the single people. They need.
Speaker 2: You got the single system, not war between the single community and that lives matter community.
Speaker 1: Because you don't want this war.
Speaker 2: You don't want this, Hord. We want to tell baby this.
Speaker 1: Mac just talked to stay what you said.
Speaker 2: I was just I was just concerned with your chest.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 20: This took to my high clubs like literally, and it just made me think that the way you was coming to the defense, that maybe you was just upset that you wasn't getting any turbulence in your middle seat.
Speaker 1: Wow, this came from love. I love you, came from love. I don't even know the personal.
Speaker 6: Speak.
Speaker 1: Why are you getting upset.
Speaker 2: Represented from my people? And I just want to say your people at least at least a lot of the single community only need a middle seat. We don't need multiple seats.
Speaker 1: You said, you whoa.
Speaker 20: But it's obvious that ladies is getting bad because y'all fall in love with all the inanimate objects.
Speaker 2: You'll fall in love with roses, yeall fall in love with planes. It's getting with objects like y'oh, okay, turn the wile off.
Speaker 1: This is over wrapping up over the last thing you fell in love with.
Speaker 2: This is not about me.
Speaker 1: We're not doing it. Listen, man, you should fall in love with objects because objects in the mirror are closer than they up here.
Speaker 21: So that lets me know objects. You will be with the object before you be with a man. That's what I'm getting. You're gonna find You're gonna find somebody. You're gonna find somebody. That's what I'm getting from.
Speaker 1: All right. When we come back, Fawn Weaver will be joining fun.
Speaker 3: She is the CEO of Uncle Nearest Way Something.
Speaker 1: Fawn came up here seven years ago, that's right. And seven years ago she had an idea, and her idea was this whiskey called Uncle Nears. Seven years later, Uncle Nears has a valuation of one point one billion dollars. Now let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: She'll be I got can I add this? This is the difference to Diddy. What we just talking about. Let's come back and no, it's important right now. Okay, y'all, No, I don't. I don't like to leave nothing, Olse.
Speaker 3: It's okay, all right, We'll be back into breakfast at the morning Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Laurla Rosa is feeling in for Jesson. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: That's right. We have four week of ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: New book out now called Love and Whiskey, The remarkable story of Jack Daniel, his master distiller, Nearest Green, and the improbable rise of Uncle Ners.
Speaker 1: Yes, how are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm felling good?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 2: This has to be here?
Speaker 1: So break down what Uncle Nears is it? And explain what?
Speaker 2: All Right, man's got the bottle, So this is the bottle. So this is Uncle Nears's premium whiskey. It is the most awarded bourbon of the last five years in a row worldwide. It's about to be six. That also is improbable because we're coming into an industry that's been dominated by the same people for hundreds of years and it became the fastest growing Still is bourbon or American whiskey in US history. And Uncle Nearest is the first known African American master distiller. His name is Nearest Green. His legal name was Nathan, but we don't use Nathan because he didn't use Nathan. Any document on him that he was involved in post slavery. He didn't use Nathan, which it was very common if you were given a name that after you were free, if you didn't like the name, you changed the name. So he went by Nearest. His kids called him Nears, his grandkids called him Nears, So we call him Nearest Green. But now, when this came out, it was the first time an African American was ever commemorated on a spirit bottle. And when we opened Nearest Green Distillery, it was the first time ever that a distillery had been named after an African American.
Speaker 1: You break down the whole Jack Daniels of it all. Everybody knows Jack Daniel like why he's the story.
Speaker 2: Because Nearest Green was the teacher of Jack Daniel. He was a teacher, he was the mentor before this story came out, before I did the research and brought the researchers together Jack Daniels, the company didn't realize that Distillery number seven ever existed. Their records only went back so far, and so they're looking at it and looking at their distillery number. I said, no, no, no, you got to take that back. Old number seven was the actual distillery and Nearest Green is the only known master distiller for Distillery number seven. So when I came to this story, the very first thing that I did was by that original property where Distillery number seven was, where Jack grew up, the three hundred and thirteen acres above Lynchburg, Tennessee. Because that allowed me to start piecing the story together and to be able to, I mean, coming into a story that is so iconic. Jack Daniels is an ubiquitous brand around the world, and I was coming in and saying, not only was an African American there at the beginning of it, but Jack treated him fairly. And you're talking about the South Lynchburg Tennessee, and for a person to be treated as an equal that was a black person, that was unheard of. But here was this this So this is in the nineteenth century, so everywhere from about fifty six, eighteen fifty six into until Jack died in nineteen ten. Because I know what prohibition too, because a lot of people will hear this story and say, whoa if he treated him nicely, why did you have to go back and say, check out the stillary number seven? But were prohibition, there were so many different things that happened where they made it where like after the like with when Harlem Renaissance came along, and like just the political powers that black people couldn't say, oh I did that. Well in this instance it was a little different. So in this instance during prohibition, prohibition was twenty years in our country nineteen twenty years, but in Tennessee it was thirty. Wow, they started ten years before. So most people don't know that Jack Daniels moved to the loop. Jack Daniels was in Saint Louis for ten years, gotcha and leading up to prohibition. So on the other side of prohibition, it reopens, but it's in so much trouble Jack's nephew is in trouble, so they eventually had to sell it to another company. It's under that company's watch, gotcha that the story disappeared, But under Jack and his descendants they made sure. So when you look at this photo, the reason why I started this book with this photo is Jack Daniel didn't just put a black man to his right in nineteen oh four. He seated the entire center position of the photo to the black man. So that was Jack's way of saying, America's going to try to write you out. I'm not going to allow him to well. And then his biography written in nineteen sixty seven, how did the civil rights era? And you have Nears and his boys mentioned more times than Jack and Jack's own family, And so you knew that Jack wanted us to know. Not only was he here at the beginning, don't ever forget it. And so that's the reason why the story mattered to me. If this was another one of the stories where African Americans were done wrong and we were like pushed to the side of this story would have had no interest to me. We have enough of those stories. Yeah, What interested me about this story is I felt as though it was a story that we may have been treated right, and I want it to prove it if it was true, because if we don't have any hope, like if every story we hear, we don't have anything to go toward, If every single story lacks hope, then we just walk around here thinking, well, it's always been terrible, it's always going to be terrible. But if every generation we can find those glimmers of hope that move us forward, then we know where we're going.
Speaker 1: Well, got you into spirits.
Speaker 2: Nears green so cementing his legacy originally book movie right, super simple. But if I were to well, you all in this room, you might know. But if I go in and I have a room, and I have a thousand people in that room, and I'm talking to them and I say how many people saw Hidden Figures? Ninety nine percent of the room hands up right. If I said name for me the three women who were the hidden figures played by Taraji p Hens and Octavia Spen and Janelle Monnett, Mee Jamison, you were the first person to ever so hat why because my daughter wants to be an astronaut.
Speaker 1: I think we got so much made stuff around it That's why he can never.
Speaker 2: Be counted in story because he always has this wealth of information that's but in a room like that, nobody can ever name. So we all walk into a movie theater and we walk out remembering the same people we knew before we went into. And so if we wanted to make sure that this story one hundred years from now someone wasn't having to uncover it again, then we had to do with Johnny Walker, Jim Bean and Jack Daniel. Why why do we all know who those people are because we're watching them every time we go into a bar, we see their name.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: I saw for the book that you interviewed some people that were one hundred and six years old.
Speaker 2: Neariess's granddaughter was still alive.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: When Nearess's granddaughter was alive, and Jack's great niece was alive she died at one oh four, and Nearest his granddaughter died in want O Wait did they drink whiskey? So here's the deal is you will find in that book a lot of the African American elders that I interviewed were ninety ninety five, and so yeah, whisky.
Speaker 1: Might be the key man you know when you're down South. It's crazy, right because they eat everything they say you're not supposed to eat. Your South Carolina eat everything you're supposed to eat.
Speaker 11: It's me.
Speaker 1: And they drink kanyak every day or whiskey every day.
Speaker 2: That's me, you know what I'm saying, every day every day. But it's a moderation. It's a moderation. Listen, if you had poor I'd be drinking and it's like ten o'clock. No, I'm good, I'm good. But the thing is is that I don't ever drink to a point of being tipsy.
Speaker 6: Got you.
Speaker 2: I love to I love it. I love how it brings inhibitions down. I love how you're able to have great conversations. But the moment I even feel my head buzz, I will put it down until until it doesn't anymore. So I don't like tipsy. I don't like drunk, but I do love I have I have Uncle Nerris every night.
Speaker 1: How were their memories?
Speaker 2: His grand his granddaughter's memory was not great, but everyone else's memory was great. And the thing that I love about being able to capture their interviews both I had a crew with me so on video and tape tape recording and that kind of thing was that so many people between the time I started the research and the time that Uncle Nearest came out, or at least the distillery opened, so many of them passed away. And it's almost like they were just holding on to tell their piece of this story and then they're like, Okay, I'm done. And it got to a place where almost every couple of weeks there was another funeral, and so people held on, and so I got to capture all of their all of their words in this book.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we got more with Foreign Weaver when we come back. She is the CEO of Uncle Nearest Whiskey, So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody, dj n V.
Speaker 3: Jess Hilaris Charlamage the guy we are to Breakfast Club. Laura LaRosa is feeling in for jes Now. We can't get it with Foreign Weaver. She is the CEO of Uncle Nearest Whiskey, which recently got an evaluation of one point one billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Lauren Beyonce shout at you, first of all, how did you feel about that? When she shouted, yeah, people have been tagging me when her whiskey came out last week. I think I was in London and doing literally because Love and Whiskey dropped in London and I was doing non stop interviews, and so people are tagging me with Beyonce situation. And from what I understand from my husband, I have a really beautiful gift at home with her whiskey in it when I get back home, So I'm super excited about that. She gave you guys a really good shout out and talked about how good it was. Yeah, all that, but she also like literally the next question after they asked her about like just navigating business and industry. Yeah, and she talks about how, like when it comes to brands, women have always had to kind of be forced into the face of the brand, but you're never like the strategy, the planner and the like the boss of the CEO. So to hear you say that is in line with like she really identifies with your story. Oh no, absolutely, And she's the queen, So you know, we kind of all a bow down there.
Speaker 3: Have any of these celebrities, especially the ones that you named earlier, reached out to you for advice because you've conquered, you're working, you you put your foot in these people's asses where they're having a bunch of problems, whether it's a Diddy back then or a JA or a fifty or Kevin Hard or everybody else that has their own lequor snoop, Has anybody ever reached out to you for advice or help?
Speaker 2: So none of those. The people who have reached in to me are generally those who want to start a brand, And their response is always when I say why, it's always Clooney and I'm like, okay, so what do you know about the Clooney deal.
Speaker 1: And you sold?
Speaker 2: That's it. They don't know. They don't know why that one worked, why that was one out of like easily ninety nine percent plus celebrity brands fail easily in this industry, and everyone keeps pointing to that one, And I'm like, if you're going to point to you have to know why he succeeds. It wasn't just his celebrity and just kind of So I usually spend the whole conversation breaking down for them why that customer goes actually succeeded, and by the time we get to the end of the call, I usually don't see them come out and work because they don't want to do the work. It's a lot of foot. When I used to be in the market, I used to always see you in all of my accounts. I always wondered, like, how did you get this? It's hard to get an account. I was in those accounts. Yeah you were, and you weren't. People don't understand. There's a business. And when you sit at the bar, you front and center at the bar, people can see you. That means your people are out there doing the work. Absolutely, it's a lot of work. It's a lot of work. Yeah, this is a this is not posted on social media and hold up your bottle, hold up your glass and you think that. I mean, if you're a big celebrity, a really big celebrity, that will allow you to have a great launch. But the work is not in the launch.
Speaker 1: The work is how you.
Speaker 2: Grow it after the launch. And that's where almost all of them fail.
Speaker 1: Did beyon there each?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Well years years years not Beyonce. Let me say that, not Beyonce.
Speaker 6: Yeh.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell because the way the way she shout it out, I couldn't tell if she had spoke to y'all pride to launching her brand or not.
Speaker 2: But I can say this and it's and it's because the person who reached into me had me sign an NDA. That's why I possed. But it was it was quite a few years ago, and I gave my advice on it. I said, these are the things that will need to happen if it's going to succeed. And I said, and by the way, I'm around, so any person in this industry who is a woman or person of color will tell you if they reach out to me, I give them all the keys. Everything that I know, I share freely because it's not mine to keep. It's not mine to hold. If the information came to me and it's going to help you succeed, I'm going to give it to you, but you better still do the work right. And so I told them this was probably about four years ago. I told them, as you're working on this project, feel free to reach out to me at any time and I will share with you whatever I know. And I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: So wow, man, Yeah you got a story. That's why you got a book.
Speaker 3: Man, We were and everything and congratulations again, whiskey uncle.
Speaker 1: Near's everything that's right, and you are very very inspiring and so many different and it's not to me. It's not because of the one point one billion evaluation. It's just because you had a dream and you did not give up on your dream, and it's a dream connected to that ancestors. Because of you, Uncle Near's story will continue to be told. Yes, that's incredible. I feel like that's what we're here to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, because it is. We're not here to be reservoirs. We're here to be rivers. And my life is a river.
Speaker 1: Sure born weave. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dj V.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is the DJ Envy.
Speaker 3: Just Hilario Scholam and the guy. We are the breakfast Club Laurla rosare filling in for it. Yes, and let's get to pass the aus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, DJ.
Speaker 2: Yes. So before we get into pass the as, I wanted to make sure that I added this part into all of the diddy don't for.
Speaker 1: You freaks off.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but this is just important. When reporting some legal you gotta get all the facts in. So in the filing, like deep in the filing, she mentions between two thousand and nine and twenty eleven, things got worse for her. She says that she was backstage in a dressing room and she was naked and he came into the dressing room and then I'm yeah, And then she says that at one point somewhere, at some point, he inappropriately touched her breast and her butt. So I just wanted to make sure that we also put that in because that's a part of the filing in her story. So sorry, Nila, Sorry, It's all right.
Speaker 9: I'm about to raise the vibration.
Speaker 2: Every Friday.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: I think there was a point where we thought just walking to Brooklyn for cheesecake story was crazy, and actually it's still it's.
Speaker 2: Still crazy, but because Junior is not even that good. No what, I'm not a cheesecake person.
Speaker 22: You got to pick the right flavor. By the way, Juniors, if you're listening, I love the uh bag. Feel free to send me some. But all right, I want to kick it off with Layla. She's a new R and B singer. She's also most deaf daughter that's been going viral lately. But she had not My problem go viral earlier this year, and she just dropped her first tape called gap Year, and the song that I like the most right now is called one two Okay we dig it. Yeah, shout out to Laila, Shout out to gap Year. The project is actually super dope. She produces, she sings, She's like a freak talent, and ironically I actually met her, Like.
Speaker 1: Don't call nobody a freak talent.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that, I'm like, nonetheless.
Speaker 22: I met her years ago when I went to go at her high school. So it's really cool to watch really Herry evolved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes it, but probably not the most definitely rapper, and nobody even.
Speaker 2: Knew that was her father.
Speaker 22: She was going viral before that was even the thing, so I think she's in good hands. Next though, I'm gonna keep it pushing with Joey Badass and Chloe Bailey. They dropped the record called tell Me, which kind of gives me like that early two thousands duet type of card.
Speaker 9: I always loving Joey bad Ass does girl records, So shout out to Joey. Shout out to Chloe as well, big fan of her voice.
Speaker 22: My third record is gonna be a record off of Eminem's deluxe album called Field feature on Westside Boogie and Grip, and I don't know who had the better verse on this.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna play the whole thing, but I got a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Grip Tough, he's flying where you from?
Speaker 9: Tough?
Speaker 1: I don't know where he's from, damn, But Luthor you Grip, don't know you. But that's my first time hearing some boss. Yeah, now that you got something, young man? You know what I heard yesterday?
Speaker 3: I know you a hip hop had Renegade, remember jay Z and of course Eminem.
Speaker 1: The version without Jay Royce.
Speaker 2: I never heard You've never heard that.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't on the internet for a year. Was on the on the record original and originally.
Speaker 9: Going late with that, So who got the better versus royster m I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember I heard that. I mean I heard it so long ago, I don't remember. It was it was over hearing Royce go on that record. That's said, because I was listening to that record that, I'm like, your Royce would have killed this record record you just played with Gripp and Conway.
Speaker 8: And I'm.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 2: And then last but not at least, I feel like we.
Speaker 1: Gotta do this.
Speaker 22: Kendrick record. I know it's not out on DSPs, but uh, the party is over. The party watched the party die.
Speaker 9: Who was the radio personality?
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's talking about an individual. I think he's talking about I think he's making broad generalizations because there's another part where he says the influencer. I think he's just talking about the culture of influences. Same thing with radio. I think he's talking about, you know, the propaganda that is pushed on radio. Like you know, radio does push a lot of the music that probably is influencing people wrong, and we try to have a balance. But that's just reality, the situation it is. But I think he's just talking about I think he's just making gener generation. Yeah, and listen, Like I said the other day, you know, I don't want Kendrick to anybody, you know, to go crazy trying to change the world. In order to change the world, you gotta change yourself first. So you got to be the change you want to see in the world. You got to treat all of this the way Noah treated building the art. God told Noah to build the arc and he told people, he said, tell people, the rain is coming now, Whether they want to listen or not, that's on them right Yeah, but when the rain comes, they will be trying to get on that arc. But the dog gonna be closed, So now you're gonna drown. And we also got to keep in mind, at some point God might just have to pressure wash this whole planet. He's done it before. It's not like he hasn't pressure walk before. It might be a time where he just got to get rid of everything and thought.
Speaker 2: It's like, keep your head shining so he can see you here.
Speaker 1: Wherever God got playing. I am all for it.
Speaker 22: They're definitely doing a pressure wash to the music industry right now in general. I don't know if it's going, but with all the firings, layoffs, and just changes that we're seeing, that's what they get. The people that are being affected, though, aren't the people who are.
Speaker 9: The ones eating listen.
Speaker 1: Radios, Radio and records needs to shift. Radio and records labels have been operating from an old playbook for a long time, and a lot of the things that are happening to them is their own doing. If you don't shift, if you don't shift, culture, culture will shift you.
Speaker 22: Culture is definitely changing. The thing I agree with and resonate with the most that Kendrick is saying. It's just the integrity part, like people not having integer d and people just doing anything for a check Like I like that. But Kendrick is not the first person to say these things and put these things in a song. But I just think it's the most impactful because coming off of the year he's had and just the caliber of artists and.
Speaker 1: Saluted D One, Salutor Lacreze s Luthor TERRENS Martin. I can't wait to see what D one and La Craye do after. I hope they jump on it our big shot. I hope they jump on this and do their own version of it. I think that'll be dope. Yes, all right, talk to D one yesterday. I talked to La cray esterday too.
Speaker 22: All right, Well, make sure y'all follow me on the gram at nilis simone n y la s y m O n EEE.
Speaker 9: Makes you guys hop into my playlist.
Speaker 22: Make sure you guys tap into my podcast We need to Talk that's at w NTT LK, and make sure you guys follow it. It's a certified vibe. We got some more events and shows on the way.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you, Na.
Speaker 3: And also I got to remind you guys that Powerhouse NYC tickets go on sale at ten a m. A Boogie with the Hoodie Gunner, boss Man d Lo Jordan ATUNEG game from on the Radio, and so many more. All right, so get your tickets ten and am positive note is up next.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the.
Speaker 3: Same morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura la Rosa filling in for Jess, and I just want to say salute I. September twenty first, which is next Saturday. It's the Battle of HU going down in DC Hampton University versus Howard University. I am DJing the game, so I want all the HBCUs and the surrounding areas to pull up. September twenty first, again the Battle of h U. You know, I went to Hampton University, but I always love my HBCU. So that's September twenty first. Lauren, you should go, you know, why, be some single man. I'm sure they're for you.
Speaker 2: Oh MV. I'm going to do a whole run at HBCUs that qualified HBC for you. I'm an announcetff soon but shout out to the HBCUs that are booking me to come and hold stuff during their season. October about to be everywhere. So if my husband is out there, he's gonna find me. You, I don't gotta worrying a couple of.
Speaker 1: Lawreen is looking for a man with all the men looking for her, you know what I'm saying, looking all right? So we've heard a couple of HBC used together.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, but remember when we came back from your party and you was like, and I was like, can you relax sometimes? Can you pop out and show him that he'll be knowing.
Speaker 6: What he talked.
Speaker 1: On the law?
Speaker 2: Lauren Body, I'm not by myself because I can't. I'm by myself because right now, that's why.
Speaker 1: I need to be different.
Speaker 5: You need to be.
Speaker 1: By yourself.
Speaker 6: An kiss.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, as she throws something missing, she get prety good with that. So again September twenty first, I'm gonna be at Audi feel in d C. It's gonna be an amazing time. Hampton University versus Howard University, The Battle of h U last year Hampton won. So I'm gonna be DJ in the game.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to see you guys. You got a salute Rema for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: To the good brother Rama Man, make sure you go check out his album. He is Okay, He's an artist that I'm really tapped into. As far as afro beats, I don't even know. I don't like to call everything afro beat because all of them do different types of music.
Speaker 2: But your favorite song, tell me your favorite song, Charlie.
Speaker 1: He's killing them all. He also salute the farm even I love seeing those stories.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Seven years ago, she can't up here talking to us about this brand she was launching called Uncle Nara's Whiskey. Now is evaluation of one point one billion dollars. Okay, so salute to her, and also salute the Swiss Beats Man. Have you born day the Swiss Beats? And Taler Perry Have you born day to the good brother Tyler Perry Man. Appreciate both of those brothers.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, Well it's time to get a bat of here.
Speaker 1: You got a positive no oh yes, And I want to tell people to make sure you go to mentalwealthexpo dot com to register from our fourth annual Mental Wealth Expo. You know it's a free event. All ages are welcome. You just got to go to Mental wealthexpo dot com. The register to vote is October. Not the register the vote, the register to be there. It is October twelfth, from eleven am to four pm at the Marriott Marquee in Times Square. Some of your you know, some of the best site psychiatrists and therapists and grief counselors and spiritual leaders are going to be there. So go to Mental wealthexpo dot com to register to be in the building, free for all ages. All right now, the positive notice simply this. I'm very cautious about who has access to me lately. And it's not out of arrogant it's out of the need to continue to protect my space and energy as I continue to do the work to elevate myself. Okay, this chapter of my life requires me to be a little less accessible. So if that resonates with you, carry it into the weekend. Have a great day. Breakfast club bitches, you don'na finish or y'all done