Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. It is Wednesday, January twenty eighth. In it was an incredible day and night of developments out of Minneapolis, including a US congresswoman attacked, assaulted, and it's all on camera at one of our town hall meetings last night. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Robes. Did I get ahead of myself? We came on yesterday. I was really excited to say, hey, the tone has come down, the tensions have come down, and then yesterday things got.
Speaker 2: A little more heated.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and look I when you look and see what happened at ilhan Omar's town hall meeting, that certainly was unfortunate and concerning because the rhetoric we keep talking about this, when politicians start throwing barbes at other politicians and start blaming other politicians for problems or accusing them of malfeasons and etc. Yes, you have outliers out there who take those words and put them into action. We have seen it time and time and time again. Thankfully, this one didn't amount too much. It didn't appear that ilhan Omar was injured in any way, But who knew at the time what was in that substance that this man came up and scorted her with in a town hall meeting.
Speaker 1: And there were a stack of significant developments yesterday, including that one.
Speaker 2: In particular. You will see headlines.
Speaker 1: We will give you some context for it if you haven't seen the video, But it was really concerning robes when I first saw the headlines before seeing the video attacked, assaulted. Now all of that is true, given though what we have seen over the past year when it comes to politicians and gunfire and assaults and attacks. I thought the worst. The video Actually I was a little relieved. Is still scary, but little relief. So we're going to give some contact at least folks to what that video does show. But that was certainly a major headline coming out of Minneapolis. Also, preliminary investigation resulted in this headline. There were two agents who fired shots in that incident that killed Alex Preddy. Also growing calls for Christy Nome to be fired and if not, impeachment. We'll get into that. Also, Trump made various comments having to do with Alex pretty Christy Nome also the guy who just got demoted out of his job as commander there in Minneapolis. We'll get into that. Trump did use the word de escalate. That is a big deal. And two judges made two significant rulings yesterday. One is threatening to throw the ice director in jail. We'll explain, and the other judge blocked a five year old from being deported in a story that really pulled into the hartstrings of a lot of people. But roads, let's start with il han Omar last night trying to give a town hall in Minneapolis, and of course cameras were rolled, that's right.
Speaker 3: So look, she was up at a podium, it was it was a small town hall meeting.
Speaker 4: It was a small room.
Speaker 3: And as she started talking about christinome a man who was sitting in the front row, and it's it was odd because.
Speaker 4: There were cameras on him.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what your impressions were, but he was drinking out of a water bottle, but it looked like vodka might have been in that water bottle. He looked drunk to me, Okay, facial expressions, he looked, he looked inebriated.
Speaker 1: He certainly was to show well, that's funny. I didn't think about it the way you put it. He looked like it looked like it was a water bottle, but he looked like somebody who has been drinking, yes, quite a while.
Speaker 2: He was a mess. He it looked like vodka was in the clear observation.
Speaker 1: Again, not making any indictment on the guy, but it's he looked a bit of a mess. And yes, people were pointing out to your point role at the very beginning of this thing, there was a shot of him as an individual. Why don't know, could have been random whatever, but yes, disappointing to that.
Speaker 3: So he jumps up and I hate this squirt seems like it's so, but that is what he did.
Speaker 4: He squirted.
Speaker 3: That's what it looked like, a substance on her. Folks who were in the room said it smelled terrible, like vinegar. He was immediately tackled and taken away and charged an assault charged third.
Speaker 4: Degree assault charge.
Speaker 3: His name is fifty five year old Anthony Kazmirzik. I'm not sure it's a tough name with a lot of consonants, but that is his name. And now you pointed out to me to look on X and to see what one of the big trending topics is. And it's staged because a lot of people have looked at this video and are now claiming that it was staged, that this wasn't a real attack, that this was orchestrated by Ilhan Omar.
Speaker 1: And between and within the past hour at least before we came on. Staged, simply the word staged was the number one trending topic on x as we sit here now this recording, I see it's the number three trending topic. But Rove, there's a lot of people talking about that, and a lot of obviously you would you know it's coming from a certain segment of the political population. But they are examining this video and they are breaking down every head movement, every nod, every time her eyes move, and suggesting that she signaled to this.
Speaker 4: Guy, go It was a very small head nod. I looked for it.
Speaker 3: I was like, really, that's what you're pointing to as the signal that she gave him to jump.
Speaker 4: Up and fake attack her. Look.
Speaker 3: Some people said that because he was sitting in the front row, because the camera was fixated on him beforehand, because of that head nod. They also say she didn't duck like a normal person when she was attacked. They said that the cameras were just too conveniently fixed on this man. So, yes, there are people who are going to say this and believe it and think that she did this to insert herself and say now she's a victim of a political ata.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, and yes, that's to be expected. What's not to be expected? I think it throws a lot of people. I don't know her well. We've spent a decent amount of time with her, always found her pleasant, don't know her well. We know what's reported, we know about her public persona, in her background, at least to that degree. We also know what the president has been saying about her. That's pretty much it. You watch this video robe, she didn't cower. In fact, she left the podium and went after this guy as he was being grabbed by somebody, and she quite literally.
Speaker 2: Put her fist up and was about to clock this guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, for most people, you might see that and say that is not a normal reaction. And then there are other people from other segments of the population and go, yeah, I recognize that, like she's built different, she's from somewhere else that her mindset could quite possibly be to And by defending I don't run, I'm gonna come right back at you. Now I don't know her personality, but I recognized something in that video. When I saw her do that, I was like, woa she.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's to me the biggest point against anyone who's claiming this was stage.
Speaker 4: She was angry, she was pissed.
Speaker 3: And people pointed to the fact that she just came back in ten minutes, got a napkin, wiped her eyes, and came back and finished.
Speaker 4: But I see that.
Speaker 3: As her actually reacting naturally. That was natural to her from being attacked and thankfully not being hurt or injured by what was ever, what was in that liquid, if it was just vinegar, who knows, But I think that was a reasonable response for somebody who was pissed off and has been under attack verbally for months, like actually last night while Trump was in Iowa talking about her again. I can't remember a speech recently where he hasn't invoked her name.
Speaker 1: And saying how much money she has in the bank, that she married her brother, that she is not in the country legally, and that she should go back to her shit country. He has said all those things publicly and has almost put a target on her to a certain degree. So absolutely, this actually is probably in line with what's to be expected. We should probably be fair to almost not be surprised that this hasn't happened. More often you look at what happens we are and it looks innocuous enough because it's just a clear liquid. It's not some big even a cup of water or a big cup of liquid. A couple of little squirts didn hit her in the face, got her in the in the chest the torso area. So yes, no harm, but no physical harm. There's a lot of harm in what we just saw. Who's next?
Speaker 4: Yes? And how is she? I mean, look, she she kind of took.
Speaker 3: The situation and, as you pointed out, chased down this guy and was visibly upset and continued on with her with her speech. But I don't know, doesn't that wouldn't that mess with your head to the next time you were around folks, the next time you were in front of a group.
Speaker 4: What could possibly happen? I mean, that's just some scary stuff.
Speaker 3: And in one of the posts on x I thought this was interesting. They started it out saying, if you think ilhan Omar's attack was legit, you might have the IQ of a Somali just continuing that rhetoric of Somali's being stupid and idiotic and not worth anything.
Speaker 4: It's just it's frightening.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing. I mean, we have something now, We've given more red meat to extremists to go fight about something. That's all. This is just a distraction from something else. Who knows what this guy's motivations were, but this is.
Speaker 2: An this it's we thought things were going to come down again. We mentioned Rose.
Speaker 1: We have so many headlines and I almost felt silly for being a little too optimistic because I thought yesterday was really a turning point, and now it's it's blown up in a signific second way here and this scene wasn't ugly when we'll see what happens with him, don't know, but rogues to think now that she stages, is this what we're doing? So we can't even agree about this? Now we can't believe anything. We everybody is up to something. We don't trust anything we see.
Speaker 3: I had that same thought when I was reading these ex posts, and I thought, wow, you even the video that we see, we argue about what we're seeing. Anything that happens, we question the validity of it, Is it real? We can't trust videos, we can't trust images, we can't trust people. No one trusts anyone. It's scary. That's scary, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, ilhan Omar again not injured, and she did continue on with her speech. Can you imagine other tell I think some accusations or if you can tell at stage, obviously, no woman, a woman should cower, a woman should run, a woman should be scared. So given that this woman didn't do that, that's further evidence that is so offensive, that is staged.
Speaker 3: I read those same comments. That is so offensive. That's not how women react.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: President Trump would have gone back on that stage and continued his speech if they would have let him after his ear was shot. Yes, right, you see how defiant he was and a bullet just flew past him. But that's right, that's his reaction. But her reaction should have been something else.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I did see on I'm sure you saw two on X that folks on the other side of the aisle were then putting up the President Trump being shot in the ear and saying this was staged.
Speaker 4: So yes, that people were firing back with that.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yes, So again I got ahead of myself saying things things are starting to calm down there in Minneapolis. Gild through of some of the other headlines. Internal review this was done by Border Patrol. They do have to do one of these, but this was based on a bodycam footage that they reviewed. But I guess the headline heroe. Some of this stuff we already see ourselves from the video. But they did confirm it was more than one federal agent that fired that day.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they mentioned two agents fired, that Preddy did resist, but this was of note. They did not put in this report that he had taken out his gun. There was no mention of him brandishing his gun, taking out his gun. However, they do mention that Border Patrol agents on the scene there and that scuffle started yelling gun, gun, gun, And we heard that in the video for ourselves.
Speaker 1: So some of that was obvious we saw already. But yes, at least that detail about more than one agents firing was of note. Also, Christine Omes, she has been you know what she has been on TV. We see her everywhere we get in line to take a plane, we see her. She is everywhere these days because of what's going on. But now folks robes are saying she should be out of a job. And if she isn't out of it, wait first, resign, don't resign, Trump, fire her. Trump, you don't fire We're going to impeach her.
Speaker 3: That's where we are now, Yes, and yes, the Kim Jeffries of notes said Christinome should be fired immediately or we will commence impeachment proceedings in the House. And that impeachment resolution right now has one hundred and fifty sponsors and of note, including those who were calling for her resignation, as you might imagine, Democrats, but now two Republicans are also calling for her resignation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fairly significant right now. We should note, Yes, they can talk about impeachment and beat the drum all day long, but changes up an impeachment given that Republicans control the House and the Senate, very very unlikely. Meanwhile, the President was talking yesterday he went to Iowa, he had a speech, their plan, but on his way getting a board Air Force one, and then after he got to Iowa ropes he made several comments and what a big word for the president to use.
Speaker 3: D Yes, finally, that was long overdue and that was what you were talking about yesterday and the hope you had, the hope we all have had and that we continue to have.
Speaker 4: But yes, it does matter.
Speaker 3: Words matter, And for him to say de escalate, he said a little bit, but still take We'll take the.
Speaker 4: Smallest amount of de escalation. It's better than the opposite.
Speaker 1: He could have said anything, de escalate, slightly, de escalate, just to I don't care what he said after de escalate, long as the escalate came out of his mouth. He did talk about Alex Pretty yesterday and that assassination. Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, and talked about pretty and Pretty's killing. You'll understand here in the second the word assassin I'm reading in front of me. He was asked about whether or not Pretty was an assassin. Those are words that Gregory Bavino, the former commander in charge there on the ground, a word he used. President was asked specifically if he thought Alex Pretty was an assassin. This was significant, It was short, but it was significant.
Speaker 4: He said no.
Speaker 3: We had to rewind the video a couple of months to hear him say it, because we saw the headlines like, wait, did he say no?
Speaker 4: He did say no.
Speaker 3: He did add that preddy should not have been carrying a gun, which was interesting because that drew some iron from the NRA, who said that President Trump should be careful about what he says about gun ownership.
Speaker 4: And then when he was asked about Bavino, this was really interesting. He said, he's a pretty out there guy.
Speaker 3: Maybe that wasn't good here, So, yes, that was the best you're going to get about him. Second guessing a decision to put Vivino in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: You know, that's what you say. I've said that the like, talk about friends or something. Somebody took somebody to a priority and they cut off the night before and the next day you talk about He said, Yeah, that dude's wild.
Speaker 4: Any Yeah, maybe maybe you shouldn't have come to the party. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You just kind of embrace and we all understand. But to hear the president kind of dismiss he's something.
Speaker 3: Man. It's interesting as we watched President Trump in some of these very serious times where people choose their words very carefully.
Speaker 4: It's like he is just stream of consciousness.
Speaker 3: He just says whatever he thinks and lets the chips fall where they may.
Speaker 1: Some of us in other people we seen to embrace that or even encourage that from your president.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's a little just concerning.
Speaker 4: Maybe you should have thought about that before you said it out loud. But okay, I mean, at least it's an honest reaction.
Speaker 3: I do think that you you can say that about him, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I think this was an honest reaction to about Renee Good. It's a bizarre thing to say. It also got headlines. But he talked about Renee Good's parents. He said Renee Good's parents were supporters of his and because of that, it makes him feel a little differently about her death the way he put to your point, stream of consciousness. But to hear him say it makes me feel bad anyway. But I mean, I guess you could say even worse. He was saying he feels even worse that she's dead because his parents are her parents are Trump supporters. Again, stream of consciousness, maybe that's true. It far for him though, maybe he's making some point you can understand. But he did say that out loud. But stay here, folks, to federal judges made significant decisions and announcements yesterday that could change on the ground in Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Stay here, all right, folks.
Speaker 1: We continue on this Wednesday, last couple of things we want to update your about happened in Minneapolis yesterday. One of them, this is gonna be interesting to watch on Friday. What's gonna happen on Friday? Because the acting director of ICE has been told to get his butt to court in Minneapolis or else.
Speaker 3: Robes facing contempt of court charges if he does not show up for court.
Speaker 4: Uh, the ICE director is he is he allowed to take the fifth if he wants to?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, it's not that. No no, no, no, I'm sorry you made me stop in face.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, he's not.
Speaker 3: But if something that was being investigated, could somebody implicate him in criminal activity? I was just curious, is he actually going to have to sit there and testify?
Speaker 1: But he has to answer because the judge said he the judge called it dozens and we have robes, We've there's been a lot court activity there. But this judge said, dozens of orders have been ignored by the administration, and he said you need to get in here and answer for it and potentially contempt of court charges. Now, talk about a headline in a video. If you see the ICE director in handcuffs going to jail, that would be something.
Speaker 3: Tod Lyons is his name, And it's interesting with all the names we've had floating around that we now know are now household names, todd Lyons isn't up there for me. So it's somehow he has been able to kind of stay somehow beneath the fray, or at least the headlines.
Speaker 4: But he is the acting ice director and no more for him come Friday.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think a lot of them would have preferred to stay under. The ice director is getting no attention right now.
Speaker 3: Well he's about to get a big, bright white spotlight.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, the last thing from a judge yesterday and again this was the one that pulled that a lot of heartstrings scrope the story five year old boy. Everybody saw this video being detained along with his father. This was the last week. I said they were doing a targeted operation going after the dad, who they say was in the country illegally, but he had just come home robed in the vehicle in the driveway with his son, five year old.
Speaker 2: The dad ran left the boy there.
Speaker 1: I stayed with the boy, but then they say they gave him an option. Do you want your child to go with you or not, and he said yes. So they were both moved to a family detention facility in Texas that's getting worked out. The judge said, you cannot deport the dad or the son until all this gets adjudicated. But Robes, a lot of the damage was done, I say damage, but it was. Look, we should see what's going on there, and we see a lot of clashes and violence. But man, to see those little five year old eyes caught up in all of this, it was an important picture to see.
Speaker 3: It was because there was this sweet, little, innocent five year old. And look, the others will say that they used ice agents, use the five year old as bait to get the dad to come back, and used him to try and and detain the dad, which is a tactic that I don't think anybody in this country wants to see happen.
Speaker 4: But yes, his sweet little hat he had on and.
Speaker 3: Held, just come from school, and so yes, this is Look, anytime we can humanize these stories. And yes, obviously folks want the letter of the law to be followed. We I think in this country have laws in place so that they can be acted upon. Yes, that that's how our country works. And yet still we need to see the human side of things sometimes, and that little boy embodied what a lot of people are feeling.
Speaker 1: We haven't put it together yet, the balance between law and order and decency.
Speaker 2: Like both things could be true. You could be an American.
Speaker 1: Who absolutely believes that undocumented folks who are here illegally have skirted our laws should be picked up and they should be taken out of the country. You can believe that, but also think in doing so you show some humanity, some respect, some grace for the child or the mom or the spouse who's having that person pulled, plucked out of their life. We haven't found the right way to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Dehumanized the people here, and I say we but it comes from the administration calling all and really truly throwing this blanket over so many folks who are here undocumented as rapists, murderers, the worst of the worst. And so now we just have this in our heads that anyone who's being arrested or who Ice is going after is in that category, and it's just not always the case.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Well, folks, we just wanted to hop on and give you that up I say that update. Those updates should mention Tom Holman is there now. The new point person did meet with Jacob Fry, the mayor of Minneapolis, and also with Governor Waltz of Minnesota. By all the counts robes, those win fine and did nothing earth shattering, but had good starts initial conversations. We'll keep an eye on what's happening in Minneapolis today. We'll have the morning run up for you here and just a little bit on the feed. We always appreciate you spending some time here with us. But from dear Amy Robot, I'm t J.
Speaker 2: Holmes. We will be talking to you all very very soon.
Speaker 3: M