Speaker 1: The following He is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 3: It is a lovely Tuesday to listen to Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Hailey Sutton, Aisha Morrison, Jess Navarrees back with you on our Tuesday edition of this podcast. We've got a lot to talk about when it comes to the Giants game last week. We've also got some things to talk about when it comes to the Colts game next week.
Speaker 4: We've got a.
Speaker 3: Special guest in our hot seat, so a lot of things to get started with, ladies.
Speaker 4: It's been a minute since we've had a chance to chat.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are coming off that mini bye they played on Thursday, beat the Giants once again twenty eight to two. I said in my five points recap last week, I know, or earlier this week it's a rivalry, right, But I said, what rivalry?
Speaker 4: Because it's just getting silly at this point.
Speaker 3: To consider the Cowboys arrival when Dak Prescott is quarterback. But we'll talk about that later. Cowboys coming off of a twelve day three game stretch where they went two and one. They are four and one since Dak returned a lot of really positive performances in that game. But I want to just start right there. I shall go to you first.
Speaker 4: Who is your player of the game and why.
Speaker 2: Of the game?
Speaker 5: I would say, I would say Ceedee Lamb. I think I said Ceedee Lamb yesterday. Just he is starting to take over games and spots when they need a guy to continue to make plays and his assurgence and also to looking back at the game, he's starting to get that attention.
Speaker 4: He's starting to get that.
Speaker 5: Oh, let me make sure I have an extra safety over there, and that in turn is opening up things for Michael Gallup and those guys to get going. So Ceedee Lamb emerging in this last couple of games has been big for me.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, I said Michael Gallup.
Speaker 7: But I'm gonna switch gears a little bit here because I've been sitting on this all morning.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say Layton vander esh Okay, my player of the game.
Speaker 7: Because you know, two weeks ago we're talking about the run defense and how that's kind of this defense is kryptonite. And I feel like Layton Vandersh came in with a very vintage, like wolf hunter approach to fixing this run defense, and his tackling is so worth noting. I went back and I watched some of the key points from Thursday's game. This man's tackling has improved so much over the course of the last few weeks, but even just since last season. You look at how he tackles. He's not tackling forward anymore. It's not giving that extra yardage to you know, those receivers or those backs. But Leyton Vandersh is really impressing me. He's leading the league right now in tackles, I believe, and he just is coming out swinging this season, and I love to see that for him.
Speaker 3: I love that you said, CD, that is my honorable mention. And not only because but in the locker room whenever everyone on the sideline was like, bro, you have two hands, use them. So of course the natural question to ask in the locker room is why were you not using two hands? And CD said, quite frankly, they were holding my left hand all day, like I had to make the play, I had to do something, so I was using one hand. So we love a guy who is confident with just one hand as well as both of them.
Speaker 4: He does very well with both.
Speaker 3: I also said on this a lot because I wanted to naturally go defense. I think the easy question or the easy answer was Michael Parsons. You know, getting two sacks continues to be a menace. But I wanted to dig a little bit deeper into that, and so I picked a group. I picked the tight end group, and we're going to break it down in just a minute. Why. But I think this tight end group is so special and at this point so necessary to the Cowboys' success this season. They have such a secret weapon in that group. I asked Kellan Moore about it yesterday. When it comes to having four tight ends on an active roster who can come in and make an impact, what that.
Speaker 4: Allows him to do creatively? And here's what he had to.
Speaker 8: Say, Think that allows us certainly we can have some depth in those positions, so we're not one guy away. You know, sometimes the tight ends needs a break and whatnot when you have four of them. We can go into wist of those packages knowing if one guy's out, we still got enough depth there and so that's huge. And those guys just do such a good job. They're really smart players, so they can handle all these different roles and you know we're going to run the football in it, but we can also spread people out and we can play in empty sets with those tight ends, and they can run the receiver routterree and so it's been fun for those guys to see their growth, especially the young guys, to see them grow in those roles.
Speaker 3: So that's Kellen on the creativity. And after hearing that yesterday, I kind of wanted to dig a little bit more. I took a page out of your book, So I hope you're proud of me and this and this is some of the research that I found from this. This all comes from next Gen Stats. So the Cowboys have played fifty four point six percent of their snaps in eleven personnel, which means they have one running back, one tight end, and three wide receivers on the field.
Speaker 4: Their next highest.
Speaker 3: Would be twelve personnel at twenty five point six percent. But they have a fifty three percent success rate in plays in that twelve personnel grouping.
Speaker 4: And here's where it gets fun.
Speaker 3: The more tight ends they have on the field, the higher rate of success they have when it comes to converting plays. They're getting an average of eight yards per play, six yards per play as opposed to the three, the two, whatever it takes.
Speaker 4: So my question for you guys.
Speaker 3: How is having that many skilled tight ends on a roster bode.
Speaker 4: Well for the Cowboys?
Speaker 3: How can they utilize that group going into this last arguably most important part of the season.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, So with the eleven personnel this year talking about it doesn't surprise me that the percentage is somewhat close. But with twelve personnel, the tight ends being receiving options, I really believe is what changes tips to tide in them all so having the ability to block and get out and also make and catch passes. But with eleven personnel, you're relying on those wide receivers to create separation and to get open on their own to some degree. So I understand that with them being in for extra blocking, teams don't know if this guy's gonna break out for a quick out or if he's really in there run blocking in those plays, and you see that with my bad with Jake Ferguson and Peyton Hindershot, they're getting dbs and linebackers to bite because they think that this is a run player and they're selling it and that's allowing them to get out and be receiving options. You got a vertical threat and a guy that has athleticisms. There's versatility in this room. And then with Sean McEwan mckun rather mckun he has the ability also to be a passing option. But his blocking has been so important, so important to what they do, and it's also helped with this offensive line and to drive this offensive line to success.
Speaker 4: So that makes so much.
Speaker 5: Sense that they're seeing so much more success with more tight ends.
Speaker 7: On the Yeah, and I think you know I usued to hit the nail right on the head. But the versatility, it allows for more versatility, it.
Speaker 6: Allows for more of a threat.
Speaker 7: And we've talked about how you know this Cowboys offense, they don't have that one threat that you know an OBGA might bring where it instills fear into opposing defenses. When you have a core tight end group like this, you don't know what you're going to get. Like I used to said, oh, hey, Fergie's on the field. What are we getting with Fergie? We're going to get hurdled? Are we going to get some pass pro in there? And you know something I know Tony Pollard has been a little scrutinized on is the pass pro. So I think if anything can come in and help take that off of him, help the pass pro a little bit, that is always a great option. Of course, it opens up the RPO, the run pass option for Dak. And most importantly, I think when we're talking about this identity of this offense, it's the run game, right And so when you have these tight ends that cannot only go in and obviously be an option for more of a wide receiver corp. But that pass pro unity, oh man, you have Zeke and you have Tony Palady, have that one two punch that is going to just eat yardage completely throughout the game. So I think it just allows for more versatility within the Cowboys offense overall.
Speaker 3: Here's what I like the most about this group. We talked last week about from a defensive standpoint, how do you help the run game?
Speaker 4: It's by doing your job.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's a single group in this locker room that knows and understands their roles better than the tight ends. You have Dalton Schultz, the guy who's going to find the end zone. He's all reliable for Dak Prescott. You got Jake Ferguson, who you have to respect.
Speaker 10: At this point.
Speaker 4: He's big, he's athletic.
Speaker 3: He'll juke you if you're the Eagles, he'll leap you if you are the Giants. I'm excited to see what he will do coming up this week against the Colts, so you have to respect him as a playmaker.
Speaker 4: You've got Peyton.
Speaker 3: Hindershot who's fast, potentially a deep threat. We just talked about that before the game, and he can run like a running back right. And then you have Sean mceun who comes in and can.
Speaker 6: Block because does his job.
Speaker 3: Every single one of these guys you have to respect because they provide such a different facet of.
Speaker 4: What it means to be a tight end.
Speaker 3: And I think I hope rather that the Cowboys will lean on them a little bit more as options and providing that spark for the offense, because we've talked a lot about where the offense has struggled. They just don't have a spark, you just said it. So hopefully with this tight end group, I think it will start to kickstart maybe a little bit.
Speaker 4: We'll see against the Colts.
Speaker 7: I also think something worth noting too is this tight end group is so close knit, not just on the field obviously, but you see off the field, on the sounds of the sideline and all of that. But you even take it back, Notch, you remember that closeness with Dalton Schultz and Blake Jarwin, you know, when Jarwin was still on the team, and so I think what's awesome to see is Dalton Schultz really bringing that same energy, in that same tight knit closeness that he had with Jarwin into this younger tight end core and really showing them the rogues and you know, knowing that yes, this is a team, this is a team thing, right, and not being selfish with those reds, because he very easily could be like, hey, guys, I'm the vet in the room, this is my stuff.
Speaker 6: But the fact that they know how to.
Speaker 7: Spread out so well and just not be selfish with those reps, I think that's incredible.
Speaker 3: And Dalton talked about that after the game when he was asked, you know, like, are you okay with this type of football that you're playing in that tight end room?
Speaker 4: And he said, yeah. My favorite part about these guys is that we just we do it together. We champion.
Speaker 3: I think the celebration really embodied who they are as a group.
Speaker 4: You know, Peyton gets a touchdown, but he turns around before anything and he's.
Speaker 3: Waiting over the entire group to celebrate. So I love that for them. I hope to see them continue. I believe that they will, so we will keep an eye on that. Of course, with the good always.
Speaker 4: Comes the bad.
Speaker 3: It was not a perfect performance from the Cowboys perspective. Ess, I was trying my hardest to find something in the building that would even remotely look like shot glasses because I was going to bring them down here.
Speaker 6: I have water.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: We laugh about it a lot, but again, doing some digging, we talk a lot about the penalties and how much of an impact they can make on the game. Thursday's game in particular, that it really was an issue. Thirteen flags cost them eighty six yards. They have thirty six pre snap penalties this season alone, so it kind of got me thinking, you know, they led the league last year in penalties, where do they stand out this year?
Speaker 4: They have been better? But how much better? Well, not much. They're in second only, second to the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 6: So first, yeah, we're not scarsed.
Speaker 3: We're second in total penalties in twenty twenty two with eighty three. Last season was one twenty seven, so we're not that far.
Speaker 5: I mean, And they stack up like when you go through them, it's like five five this game ye to this game eight?
Speaker 4: What in the world.
Speaker 5: And it's like some games they'll have. They've had a couple of spans of games where it's like okay, okay, and then it's just like a boom like today, like Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they feel like they need to make up. They're like, oh damn, we had three last week.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 6: You know what, I love me a good punt. And y'all know this. And I used to have heard this before, Haley, I haven't told you this.
Speaker 7: I was talking to you a football genius a couple of weeks ago about my my my knack for keeping track of penalties on the podcast, and uh, you know, he said, it's like mustard on the lettuce, So lettuce is green. You have mustard that goes on the lettuce quit well, and it was.
Speaker 3: It was more can we do we have a sound?
Speaker 7: It worked out better because it was the Vikings game with a forty burger, so that's why it kind of tied together for a burger and mustard and lettuce. But this week you could also keep it food related for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: However, no sound.
Speaker 7: But what I was going to say, see, I think she with me on that one.
Speaker 6: She did it, Jesse jesz No.
Speaker 7: So what I was gonna say, though, is you were talking about the total count, and of course Chris sent me this incredible website. Thank you Chris, our other producer, for sending me this golden this golden ticket of all things. Penalties, but eighty three penalties so far this season for six hundred and twenty six yards. That is the problem. So we always joke and the running joke is I talk about penalties, but when yours, when you have eighty three penalties that have cost you six hundred and twenty six yards this season, that's a huge issue because to me, you know, my biggest problem with the amount of penalties against the Giants is yes, it's the Giants. You can get away with thirteen penalties and obviously still pull out a win. When you're talking later on down the road, when you're talking you know, potential playoff games and things like that. That essentially is what cost the Cowboys a playoff win against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 6: Last season when you look at that.
Speaker 7: So my thing is you're already stacking up that yardage, the penalties, the accounts of everything. I don't want it to come back around and be a full circle moment that we do not want to see that cost them a bigger game down the road. That's that's my biggest issue with this.
Speaker 3: I agree, and like I said, I know we pick fun at Jess about it, but it is a serious conversation.
Speaker 4: We pick fun just because we she says.
Speaker 6: The word penalties because they love me, but it is true.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy did speak about it yesterday, particularly when it came to the pre snap penalties. I think that's what he kind of was alluding to, and he said, yeah, we have a lot of pre snap penalties because we're trying to be aggressive. We're trying to get the guys to all be on the same page. When it comes to Dak's new cadence. We're trying to make sure that we're being aggressive. That's kind of been the running theme for this offense is aggressive. I think Kellen Moore talked about that yesterday too, but wouldn't I guess My question is, and I shall go to you for this, how much is too much when it comes to that aggressiveness?
Speaker 4: What's risk reward of?
Speaker 3: You know, we're gonna we're gonna have these prison penalties. But I'm okay with it because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that's what they're They're trying to find the balance right now. What's not helping is the turnovers too.
Speaker 6: Yea is it's one of those things, well.
Speaker 5: Maybe you can overcome the turnover, but then to have the turnover and the penalty or the penalty that causes the turnover and then the turnover and they score points off of it. Because if you look back at even the Green Bay game and some of the Giants game, like they scored because of the penalties. And so the Cowboys have had this problem for a while just getting out of their own way and being able to to, you know, make something happen after they've gotten behind the sticks. They struggle when they're behind the sticks. Now, granted, dak is made up for some of that stuff because you're in third and long cis game and stuff because of the penalties, and he was able to do that, but again, depending on that and that aggressiveness puts you in situations where you could have turnovers.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 5: So right now, I feel like they're just trying to find the balance and it's a difficult place to be in to be, like, I want to be aggressive, but there's bad that comes out of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I'm just going down this list of players within the Cowboys team that has the most penalties, Tyler Smith having the most so far this season with eight. He has six offensive holding penalties and four fall start penalties. That is, to me, on the job training. And I'm not making excuses for him, but we hear that a lot when it comes to this coaching staff is talking about the on the job training. I think Tyler Smith has held up his own very well this season, so you know, to me, Okay, we're going to see that, but this is the time of the season those things need to start getting a little bit more hunkered down on because.
Speaker 6: It could have cost you a game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think what I really appreciated about Mike McCarthy yesterday talking about penalties was he said, we went through every single pre snap penalty that we have had this season, and we watched it over and over again. So for me, I think the biggest question is how do you coach that? How do you fix that? What's the solution? It's that it's it's that it is watching and kind of just learning the muscle memory to not make those mistakes anymore. So to me, Mike McCarthy's doing his due diligence and making sure that it's taken care of.
Speaker 6: It's just you have to execute. Yeah, a good way to put it.
Speaker 3: I am disappointed that you guys didn't bring up Zach Martin's.
Speaker 7: We did yesterday because it was blessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't pancake.
Speaker 5: I mean that's like, I know, it's one of those things. Where is that a pancake or is it a hole?
Speaker 3: Everybody in the press everybody in the press box when we saw the flag go out and we're like, oh, great, another holding penalty, but when the announcer in the press box was like holding on Zach Martin, everybody, I mean, if we all had water in our mouths.
Speaker 4: We all would have spit it out. It was nuts.
Speaker 2: Take it back.
Speaker 4: So that was interesting.
Speaker 3: So a lot to clean up for the Cowboys. When it comes to penalties, I'm sure they'll start addressing that. We'll get another chance to speak with Mike McCarthy on Wednesday. We are going to take our first break, but when we come back, we're gonna get a chance to speak with our hot seat special guest here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: All right, PEPSI love and football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can. Now, recycling might not be as thrilling as can reading up fourth and long. But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 6: The fresh guy who looks white. It's not there.
Speaker 9: He escapes left.
Speaker 10: He'll run full a first down.
Speaker 12: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We have another phenomenal guests joining us in our hot seat Tuesday.
Speaker 4: But first we're gonna go to Jess with a phenomenal read.
Speaker 7: Well again cozy and join us at the Star for our most festive movie night yet. Movie Nights at the Star, presented by monument Reality Reality I do that every time. On November thirtieth, features a Christmas classic.
Speaker 4: ELF.
Speaker 7: The show is free and open to the public beginning at seven pm, so for more info, you can visit the Star infrascot dot com. I love ELF, parents, I know it's out there.
Speaker 2: Elf.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Well, guys, it is Tuesday.
Speaker 3: We did miss our hot seat guest last week because of the condensed week with Thanksgiving, but I'm so excited to get back on track and I am so excited for our guest. We have Nicki Harrison, director of Programming and Traffic. A little bit about Nicki before we give her the mic. She's in her seventeenth season with the dall As Cowboys. She does programming in traffic, which I'm really excited to ask what that actually means, because I always wonder. She went to the University of North Texas, Go mean Green.
Speaker 4: And she's also done a little podcasting as well, so.
Speaker 3: This is nothing unusual or uncomfortable for you. Nikki, thank you so much for being with us to.
Speaker 10: Thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 13: I have to say it's weird being on this side, not asking the questions, but being asked the questions.
Speaker 3: I feel we feel that way too sometimes, just having to be vulnerable and be in that situation.
Speaker 4: But we thank you for your time and expertise.
Speaker 3: I'm going to kick this off with just that I have always I've worked in newsrooms, so we've always have a traffic coordinator as well, and just being in a newsroom, I always just.
Speaker 4: Assume traffic cars, but.
Speaker 3: That is not the case. I would guess here that is correct. So just tell us a little bit about what you do and what means.
Speaker 13: So traffic, okay, traffic is making sure all of the sponsored elements are in the show and go where they go, like those reads that you have to read, yes, and all of the commercials. So I manage all of that for English radio, English TV digital signage here at the Star and at the stadium.
Speaker 4: What does it?
Speaker 3: And this is always a broad question, and I love it because it just leads to so many avenues. But what does an average day for Miss Nicky Harrison look like.
Speaker 13: An average day is logs, logs, because I'm creating all of the logs for our programming that's happening the very next day and for the upcoming game. So, for example, we'll have programming on all of our flagship station tomorrow, and we've got TV shows, We've got a ton you know, We've got a ton of video content that's being produced. I manage all of the podcasts that take place, yes ma'am, I don't.
Speaker 10: Oh no, yes ma'am.
Speaker 13: And then then as I'm preparing for the next day, I'm also preparing for the next game. So we've got a game on Sunday versus the Indianapolis Cults, and.
Speaker 10: We've got digital logs that have to get done. TV logs, radio logs.
Speaker 7: It's logs blogs. How did you get to be at this point in your career? Give us a little low down on, you know, what you thought maybe you would be doing, and then how this all ended up coming to light.
Speaker 13: Okay, So, as Haley said, I graduated from U and t gomean green and requirements. So you guys may not know because you you are a lot younger than me. But MTV at the time showed music videos when I was in school, and I wanted to be an MTV VJ. I guess, ma'am, I.
Speaker 4: Could see that every morning before school.
Speaker 13: I was planning to move to New York and take a lot of lage job.
Speaker 10: But I visited New York for the first.
Speaker 13: Time and I was like, oh no, I love the city. But I was like, I don't think I could live here like this by myself. So while I was still in school, I in turn for the Dallas Mavericks, and I mean I never had aspirations of going into sports.
Speaker 10: I never played sports.
Speaker 13: I was a band nerd I you know, took dance classes, played the piano, so sports was not on my radar at all.
Speaker 10: But once I in turned for the Maps, I loved it.
Speaker 13: And one thing I would say is you build relationships and the people that you meet help you get to the next step.
Speaker 10: And that's how I got here. Yep, yep, been here ever since. I feel that way.
Speaker 3: About Kyle because Kyle Yeoman's who does all of our podcasts. He's the same way. I give him credit for helping me be in this chair. So I love the connections there.
Speaker 12: Just to.
Speaker 5: So, do you have a read that you remember that was like memorable, that was maybe a little off the hinges, or it was something very funny that resonated with you, or it was important to you that you remember from from what I don't know, just I guess possibly just one of the reads that's come out that's maybe stuck with you like this was it? Or I had, or some type of promotion that you've done that really stuck with you.
Speaker 13: Okay, Wow, I've meant something to you. Wow, that's a that's a very good question. And you know what typically happens is I tend to think of what has happened most recently, you know what I mean. So probably one of the most recent things that I've been a part of was I got to MC for our community relations department, Emily you guys had yes for her team. I am ced a women's workshop at the at AT and T Stadium and it was just helping women who were looking for a second chance, you know, trying to get back on their feet. Yes, and anytime I get the opportunity to be around women to empower women, I'm off for it.
Speaker 10: Sign me up, Sign me up.
Speaker 13: Twice, you know, And so that happened about a month ago and it was great. You know, you walk away like I did some good today.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: Going off of that, Thank you, Jazzy.
Speaker 3: Going off of that, while I was reading through your bio, one of the things that resonated with me really well is your passion for storytelling. That's the reason why I got into this business, and it's the premise of what I do in our pregame show every week is just reminding these people that like the Cowboys players who you root for and sometimes boo, they also have families. And you know what I mean, absolutely, where does that connection come from you? What drives you to be a storyteller and to share those type of messages and stories.
Speaker 13: Well, because that is an excellent question, because I love seeing the human side. You know, sometimes we forget that, Like what you just said, they have a family, they are human beings, and what we're doing is we're critiquing what they do and as humans.
Speaker 10: Exactly so they make mistakes, we make mistakes, you know.
Speaker 13: But yes, I just love seeing the human side. And I feel like when you can tell a story start, middle and end, that just just wraps it up in a way that just so feel good.
Speaker 10: I don't know, it's my favorite part.
Speaker 5: It's actually one of my favorite parts about when I and the Cowboys draft a player and I start going into looking in depth with them. I start with what are you know? What's their rapport? What do people say about them? Their high school coaches? And then also you know their family life, because I think so much of that plays into what they become as a player and what they put in and the time they put in their story.
Speaker 7: So one d agree, I whole hardly agree, Nikki. So, as you know on this podcast, these are all about women empowerment and making sure that the next generation of women know that although this is a male dominated industry, we're changing that and we're changing that drive. What is your advice to any of those little girls who maybe not that don't think that your your avenue is possible for them.
Speaker 6: What would you tell them?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 13: I love that, I would tell them to Number one, don't be afraid to dream big. Whatever it is you want to do, you can do it, and don't let anybody tell you that you can't. You can only be the person that can tell you that you can't. And what I said earlier is building those relationships. They are so important because you never know who you're talking to could be the person that takes you to that next level, catapults you to that next level.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I love that catapult to the level. Oh I love that.
Speaker 4: I did you So you're an Ohio native? Is that correct?
Speaker 10: Akron?
Speaker 3: Yes, ma'am Akron Ohio Lebron Jay, Yes, yes, Lebron fans all the way perfect.
Speaker 4: What was the.
Speaker 3: Path from Ohio to North Texas? And then you know, obviously you know you're here with the cowboys, but what brought you to Texas?
Speaker 10: Really simple? My parents?
Speaker 13: Yes, So Akron is like Detroit, like Toledo. It's an old town and when industry moved out, parents had to figure things out and my father went back to school. And at the time, Texas, especially North Texas, was booming with jobs and we moved down.
Speaker 10: My mom's a teacher, so she could she could have worked anywhere.
Speaker 13: What did she teach, Well, she's retired now, but she taught elementary. She taught every grade except kindergarten. Y, my mom is a teacher right now.
Speaker 3: Anytime I get a chance to talk to anybody about teachers, Millie Cooker told me his mom was also a teacher yesterday.
Speaker 13: We have so much in common, I know, great go teachers, go lebron all the thing.
Speaker 4: What would you say? Two part question here?
Speaker 8: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: What is the most challenging part of your job? What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Speaker 13: Ooh, ooh, gosh, you guys come with the question, Okay. I would say the most challenging part of my job is.
Speaker 10: Not being able to control things.
Speaker 13: I like to control things sometimes and when I'm waiting on things from other people, that kind of But I've been doing it long enough to where I don't even like let it affect me like it used to. The greatest thing about my job is, seriously, honestly, the people I work with. I mean, it's a gift to be able to work with you ladies, to be able to work with people upstairs, the people down.
Speaker 10: Here, I mean, And it should be.
Speaker 13: You go to work with people, you spend your time with them more than you spend with your own family. You should enjoy it, you know. So that that's the greatest part of my job.
Speaker 3: And you have the added benefits sometimes where your husband comes in and sits in a chair that you're sitting in.
Speaker 4: Well, what's it like getting to work with Heckma?
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously you don't work directly with him, but for both of you guys to be in the building often and seeing each other in the hallways, that kind of thing, you like, back up all the breaking news.
Speaker 5: Breaking news, Yeah, your Todd's I didn't know that this whole time. Yes, all right, well I'm sorry I was.
Speaker 13: So it's at first, it was I have to say it was weird, you know, it really was. It was you know, how you feel like you have your space and I felt like this was my space. But it's it's it's it's really really great, and it's great to see him do something that he absolutely loves and it comes so easily. I mean he talked football in his sleep, you know. So it's it's really great.
Speaker 6: We love a good power couple on the podcast. You know, Nikki, what is something that.
Speaker 7: You hope to do in in uh, you know, down the road for your career? What is a goal you have for yourself personally and maybe professionally.
Speaker 13: Oh wow, that's so good. Okay, So I was recently promoted. So my role rottened I'll be honest with you. I was at a point like this summer. I was in a point not this summer, last summer. I was at a point where I was like, Okay, is this it or do we try to go for something further? And when it was presented to me, I was like, wow, that was the first time I ever really considered the fact that it could be bigger.
Speaker 10: And now I'm thinking it could be bigger than what this is.
Speaker 13: So so this guy is the limit. You know. I'm just going to continue to learn and grow and get better and who knows.
Speaker 6: We are here for involvement.
Speaker 4: Yes, last question.
Speaker 3: Yes, we were talking before about what we did for Thanksgiving, specifically what you did for things, and you brought up camping.
Speaker 4: I think the general do you camp?
Speaker 6: I've never camped ever, you can.
Speaker 3: I don't like camping, so give us the Harrison Rundown camping on thanksgifts.
Speaker 13: So we've been doing it now for about six years now. They make fun of me because I say camping, but they say it's glamping because we're in the cabin.
Speaker 10: We got TVs, we got Wi Fi. You know what I'm saying. We're not rough. I've roughed it. I've done it.
Speaker 13: I've done the ten, I've done the camper, and I'm like, I don't need to do that. I've done the bathroom down the way, I don't need to do that.
Speaker 6: Away, Yeah, I lay the way.
Speaker 10: I'm like, we're camping, We're in the forest, so yeah, you're.
Speaker 6: Your nature somehow.
Speaker 4: Yes, it counts. I love that.
Speaker 3: Nicky Harrison, director of Programming in Traffic, I love having this.
Speaker 4: Opportunity on Tuesdays to get to know.
Speaker 3: We've met so many incredible, strong, powerful women who have all made such an impact on this almost said this program, but this franchise.
Speaker 4: And you are no different. Thank you, Thank you Tuesday.
Speaker 10: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 13: Well, I just have to say, because I watch all of the podcasts, you ladies are fabulous. You do an excellent job, Jazzy Jazz in the back working. I'm so proud and it's really really excellent. So keep up the good work.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Nikki Harrison. Everybody. We are going to take our second and final break here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk. When we come back, we're gonna get a little bit into the colts and we're going to talk about some breaking news from the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who'll put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: All right, Pepsi loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash, and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 9: Recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, but next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 14: It's Bade King's original Angel Food and new Angel Food Slim.
Speaker 2: Without added sugar.
Speaker 14: You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals. This summer, you don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great, because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise.
Speaker 2: The only choice you will need to make.
Speaker 14: Is which one is best for you to my our classic Angel Food or the new Angel Food Slim Blended without added sugar.
Speaker 2: Smoothie King rule the day.
Speaker 4: You're doing some singing before that.
Speaker 3: Here on Girls Stock Boys Stock presented by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Yes Chios the season for Dallas Cowboys Holiday Youth Camps presented by Invisa Liigned. Registration for one day football and Dancing Academy camps are now open, so don't miss your chance to send your little athlete to camp at at and T Stadium on December twentieth and twenty first registered today at Dallascowboys dot com slash Academy and use code Xmas twenty five to get twenty five dollars off. You know I love a good deal so that makes me happy.
Speaker 4: Well, the Cowboys made a deal today. Although I wouldn't call it a deal, was.
Speaker 3: Done deal now, I just know you did not boom me after we talked about mustard on the lettuce.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 7: No, I'm so proud of the puns that we've been adding in here.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: I love a good pun.
Speaker 2: I love the capable of saying the puns.
Speaker 6: That was beautiful, that was beautifully executed.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: The point is, the Dallas Cowboys have waived defensive end Terrell Basham, the former third rounder.
Speaker 4: He was drafted to the Colts back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: He played minimal snaps this season, but he never quite found his footing after getting an injury in that first game against Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: So we're not really.
Speaker 3: Surprised, I don't think in the wave, Am I right in saying that, No, it's surprised, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm not surprised, but I'm still a little like it just it kind of wasn't for me.
Speaker 4: It was unexpected.
Speaker 5: Maybe I didn't expect to see his name because Darrell Basham is a player like he's he's he's a blow I mean above average player, absolutely a d N, so I actually expect for someone to probably pick him up. So I just it just shows the depth that you have on this defensive line, especially a d N. And then you brought in Tac McKinley. Maybe there's something there they saw from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think it the move for me, that is such a hard position room to be in because there's so many weapons, you know what I mean, there's so many weapons and there's so many impactful humans. So I kind of feel as if he got the short end of the stick only because of the circumstances he was dealt this season, jury.
Speaker 2: Not being able to be on the field.
Speaker 4: Behind you, and you.
Speaker 7: Also have Dante Feller and Sam Williams who have been really sipping up. And you know, it's just interesting because yesterday during Mike McCarthy's press conference, he was asked, you know, is anybody's twenty one practice day window about to be activated?
Speaker 6: She didn't really give an answer.
Speaker 4: He told us he would let us know tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Right, didn't really say yes or no yet. However, not surprised to see a move being made this week with the talks of moving people up maybe out of IR I just.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we wish him well. We wish him well.
Speaker 4: So that leads me to my next question.
Speaker 3: Realistically, and I emphasize that word realistically because we all have our hopes and dreams of what we would like to see on this roster. But realistically, when we wave to rel basham, what does that clear the way for in terms of a roster spot?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man, well, it depends which way are we taking this.
Speaker 5: I have no idea of it, because I truly I heard Brian brad Is talking about the time in which they're looking to elevate Tyrant, which doesn't seem like a this week thing. So then it's like, well, what what?
Speaker 4: What else could possibly be?
Speaker 6: You could also tell.
Speaker 4: A reason why they would be doing this today. Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 7: Also, look, I I'm not gonna say the obvious thing that's coming to everybody's mind here, But you also have names like James Washington.
Speaker 6: You also you know.
Speaker 7: There's there's other things here. People don't jump to conclusions, but it's an interesting, I will say, interesting series of events with the timing that is, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna say it. I think it has something to do with Odeoba.
Speaker 6: There I go Haley.
Speaker 3: You could say I teach you ladies up to be in a small live you could say it. You didn't want it.
Speaker 6: I didn't want that.
Speaker 3: So and I think it's interesting too because you know, yesterday Stephen Jones was like very ominous and not talking about the situation. Jerry came on the radio today ton all about it. Five questions he was asked about the Odell Beckham Junior. The first was did the incident in Miami have any impact?
Speaker 4: Not really.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of been, you know, the norm, especially even Mike McCarthy talked about that earlier. He just talked about, you know, his overall compatibility with the team would be very good. The biggest thing to me is that he's coming for a visit. And I think what stands out to me about the Odell Beckham thing before we kind of transition into a quick chat about the Colts, but he's coming here last, you know what I mean, Like he's got Giants bills and.
Speaker 6: Then Cowboys, save the best for last.
Speaker 4: Save the best for last.
Speaker 2: The building to me, I just I just walked it down.
Speaker 7: Not in a bad way, I know, Oh my goodness, it's kind of scared don't let him go nobody building.
Speaker 3: If oh, no, Beckham, you find him tied up somewhere, you know. But I just think, you know, all of the stars kind of feel like they're the stars are Aligningell. Just something to keep an eye out for. And we'll hear from Mike McCarthy one more time tomorrow. Someone is going to ask him about it, so we'll have a little bit more clarity on that. But before we go, I want to quickly talk about the Colts, as we always do on Wednesdays. We'll dive even more into that matchup and what challenges they present, but just off the top, something that has stood.
Speaker 4: Out to me.
Speaker 3: A few weeks ago, we were talking about how scary the back half of the season was for the Cowboys, specifically when it came to stopping the run, because the last five or so games of the season, every single one of those teams had running backs that were a threat. It started with Dalvin Cook, last week with Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 4: This week will be why am I blanking on his name?
Speaker 3: Jonathan Taylor? Yeah, I was gonna say Jonathan Jenkins. I don't even know who that is, not a real person. But what's interesting to me is they've sort of met those expectations. And I know the conversation initially was, well, when it came to the Vikings game, it was, well, did they really fix the defense? They just got out to a big lead, and then you know, we're able to you know, punch the gas ever since, and then all of a sudden last week they're holding Saquon Barkley to thirty.
Speaker 4: Nine yards on eleven attempts.
Speaker 3: So when I look at this, and I asked really Cooker about this yesterday just for more clarity.
Speaker 4: You know, was the Green Bay game a fluke? Was it?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 3: How did you guys adjust that? And he's kind of set at point blank. We've just been doing our assignments.
Speaker 10: There you go.
Speaker 3: And something to me that I thought was so interesting that he added to that as well, when it comes to why run defense is really simple when you look at it, he said, if everybody does their job, the run doesn't get through. But when just one person messes up their assignment, it shifts everybody out of whack. Yeah, And he said, up until recently that's been the issue. It's been one person or two person and not like the same person. He wasn't you know, pointing fingers or whatever. But it's been one person, two people not hitting that assignment and not getting to their gap, not properly setting that edge, and as a result, now the run's getting through. So my question as we wrap this up, when you look at Jonathan Taylor, He's got nearly three thousand yards of the last two season. He was really impressive last year. This year, the Colts have kind of been a hodgepodge of things. Last night he had twenty carries for eighty six yards. He did have a touchdown, but he's only got four touchdowns.
Speaker 4: I believe this season.
Speaker 3: Is this another game where we can see the run defense evolve another level? Do we see them thrive a little bit? Do we think Jonathan Taylor is a struggle? Just your initial thoughts on that, and like I said, we'll dive into this more.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow's gonna He's gonna. He's a guy that can run at you, run at you fast. He has cutting ability, he has a breakaway speed. Jonathan Taylor can definitely bruise up your defense. But with what's happening with the Colts offensive line, it's very odd because I wholeheartedly remember them being one of the better offensive lines, but they are really struggling to.
Speaker 4: Get pushed up front.
Speaker 5: So if your DB's come in play like they did last week and tackle the edges, if your linebackers continue to play forward and also to the DT's that felt like played pretty well in this this past game against the Giants, I think that they can definitely hold him in check.
Speaker 4: Also, they're going to be looking to lean.
Speaker 5: On the run a lot with what they have going on at quarterback right now, and they're almost one dimensional coming into this game. So I would definitely see the Cowboys defense hopefully have some success against them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think containing the edges is key here and for the for the run defense. But also when you're looking at the Colts offense as a whole, what is their identity right now?
Speaker 6: They don't have one. Just Saturday there you go, well boo no.
Speaker 7: But what I'm saying is you have the Cowboys defense has a very big opportunity to really really amplify and take themselves to the next level, not necessarily because of what the Colts have or don't have, but because they have another shot at getting the on the job practice preparing them for later on you know when the Eagles game does roll around here in the next few weeks. But something else I did want to mention was Jolannie Woods tight end for the Colts going to be something else I do want to deep dive into tomorrow to talk about because, as my co host Brandon on the Writer's Block said, he is like a human giraffe.
Speaker 5: He was my guy and he's he was a guy in the draft. And so Jay ron Kurs coming back, if he's going to play this week with that separators shoulder, that is definitely a well shoulder injury or whatever you have going on, is a matchup to be looking for because Silani's a big guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So well, I'll dive deep into that tomorrow. But just a little little teaser there for us to come. Girls talk, boys talk.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Something else I want to talk to I want us to talk about tomorrow December football. We've talked a lot about September football, but December football.
Speaker 4: That's a really good tease, ladies.
Speaker 3: This has been such an insightful, such a good conversation. I love sitting here with you, ladies and just talking football, talking personnel, talking OBJ all the good stuff. That'll do it for us here on Girls Talkboys Talk. But we will see you tomorrow. I'll be sure to tune in. We got a lot to dive into with this matchup against the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 4: We'll see then.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.