Speaker 1: We are celebrating our fiftieth game with a very special rescoring Extravaganza episode.
Speaker 2: But we've had thirteen Hall of Famers, fifty six total guests. We've covered a game in every decade for the last fifty years.
Speaker 1: That's in the years we are going to unveil our new top fifty game, rolling up the sleeves to revamp this whole scoring system.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about scoring. I have no problem being the apshole right and saying, Reggie Bush, this regular season game against frezel s Nate perhaps is not a ten.
Speaker 1: Stakes zero to ten us a teen ten.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on, and you guys go shut the pick up.
Speaker 1: Let mister Bush rank his game.
Speaker 3: The twenty eighth to three game is sixteenth on our lists, behind the Iron Man Match, a scripted entertainment product.
Speaker 2: How is that not higher?
Speaker 3: You're tapping a nerve here. Our scoring system is bullshit and it needs to be complete. Look at number one firsteen, Mark Cuban came here and just gave everything. Let's build this thing back up to tear down, build it back.
Speaker 1: There we go, and then we will wrap it up with our first annual Game.
Speaker 2: Awards Cuban Award for Worst Guest Scorer, the Ernie Adams Award for Most Knowledgeable Celebrity Fans.
Speaker 1: CTA Award for Julian's Worst pronunciations, and the winner is Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome to Games with Names. Today, Fellas and ladies, we are celebrating our fiftieth game with a very special rescoring extravaganza episode. The stars are out, Stars are out. What are these awards for participation gamy? We'll see. Maybe we'll get into in the show. We'll get into the show. Today we're going to be rolling up the sleeves to revamp this whole scoring system. We got change coming.
Speaker 3: Finally, finally, if you can change, and I can change.
Speaker 2: Everybody can change the score.
Speaker 1: As you guys can see with the UH the T shirt will each state our case for scoring changes and doing our best to keep it from coming to blows.
Speaker 3: No promises, no.
Speaker 1: Promises, as you guys can see it, well, we can save it.
Speaker 3: We can save it.
Speaker 1: We'll save you guys. Maybe we'll see what Kyler is wearing and then we get at the end, we are going to unveil our new Top fifty Games including a new number one, a new number one, new game, new new. Throughout the show, we'll be taking plenty of calls from the hotline hot Line, and then we will wrap it up with our first annual Gaming Awards. That's what the awards are for. They are can you believe we've gotten fifty games in.
Speaker 2: Fellas, Insane and Ladies.
Speaker 1: Here's the fifty more, fifty more, Our Quest is Too Fine, the greatest game of all time, A.
Speaker 2: Go Baby, the greatest of all games.
Speaker 3: Let's go, Let's go Go.
Speaker 1: May seventh, twenty twenty four, Nut House Studio, Brentwood, California.
Speaker 2: After fifty legendary games, we're finally fixing what's broken.
Speaker 1: This is games traffick. Let's reflect on these fifty games, Kyler.
Speaker 3: It's been wild.
Speaker 1: There's there's been scores of integrity.
Speaker 3: A lot of scores of non integrity, and there's been scores a lot of sandbagging happening, lot of.
Speaker 1: Sand bagging sons of bitches.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well we'll get into that. But let's like, because we're recording this just a week before it's releasing, usually with this a little bit more time, like, let's catch up on some of the stuff that's been going on, like I'll keep some like the live show, like I don't think we've ever really talked about it, sold out to two shows in forty five minutes. Live shows aproach, and we've got some I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say the guests we have.
Speaker 3: But there's some.
Speaker 1: There's some good ones, current pats, potentially good.
Speaker 3: Ones, and we're like currently like creatively figuring out what it's going to be to some fun. So fans, if you have any ideas, we're open to successions, hit up the hit up the voicemail.
Speaker 2: We got to make that thing look like a kiss light show. People talking, smoke machines.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Kelsey Brothers live show. No, don't watch it because we'll never We won't just we won't meet that expect.
Speaker 1: WWE events they had pyrotechnique, they.
Speaker 3: Had fire, they had like mud wrestling.
Speaker 2: Bro all come in, they're like stone cold, sorry.
Speaker 1: They have full life show. Yeah it was fireworks, it was smoke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got that. I regret that I brought it up.
Speaker 2: We got a fire where you guys in Boston. We got a smoke guy in Boston.
Speaker 1: We'll be good. Jack's gonna come out of jack smoke people in Boston.
Speaker 2: We might we might need to go fund me to we get t shirt guns, what cheerleaders, you name it, be on the aisles, crowd surfing, it's gonna be live.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be it's gonna be foggy. We'll show them how Boston does it.
Speaker 2: We'll show them how we do it.
Speaker 1: Baby, the Wilburg, Boston and all the people that are fans of the shows that are coming traveling from a lot of different areas.
Speaker 3: Germany, for Germany coming get what Yeah, yeah, hiking, that's that's squirrel. We'll we'll get it.
Speaker 1: We'll get it next time.
Speaker 3: Also, you we haven't done it yet, but when this episode comes out, so now you will have just done the Netflix Tom Brady. So we were just writing jokes. Now there's some fun stuff, there's some killers out there. Hopefully it does well, but well we'll recap that coming up in this window. We're all recording.
Speaker 1: But this is a what do you say, p s A public service and public Yeah, these are jokes with me up here roasting maybe jokes.
Speaker 3: And if you bomb will just cut this out of the show.
Speaker 1: No, but they're jokes. They're jokes. That's what people need to realize. Jokes are funny, where jokes can get ruthless.
Speaker 3: Do you have you have a favorite episode we've done so far?
Speaker 1: Favorite episode. I loved the Ernie episode that that whole because we flew them out, or probably shouldn't say that because another guests are gonna want that, but not everyone's getting any treatment.
Speaker 2: Bro Back Corner Booth, Ernie Eaton, that's fun, incredible.
Speaker 1: I thought Slate was an awesome episode. He's fun.
Speaker 3: Well, I wish I wish he had his Inhaler uh, I was here.
Speaker 1: I I actually was going through some stuff. The Patriots sent me a box of stuff when I retired, and I got like mix of a bunch of different things. So for a lot of guys, James Devlin, I'm sending you a box of things, and you're gonna be There's gonna be so many great memories in there that I've had for two years now. But one of the things that I stole and I'm not sending back is one of Matthew Slater's and Hailer's. It's right there on the wall that in Haler. I saw him every day before practice, and I would make fun of For a while he had that like there's like a there's like an extension piece the spacer. Sometimes he'd be pulling the spacer, Steve.
Speaker 2: The medicine just hits you right in the back of the throat. Yeah, and you're not getting in I know, can I have we got a bronze that thing?
Speaker 3: It's is Slater the greatest of all time? Rexpec?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know were you have to if anyone a strong case I I don't know any other ones, so I I think he is. But for everyone out there, can we get some suggestions and the comments on who's the guys rex Spec and Haler guy, Rexpec and Haylor guy. That's what we need to know.
Speaker 3: So Ernie's your favorite episode? Do you think?
Speaker 1: I Love Terry was fun. Terry Bradshaw, by the way, just had a Fox retreat with him. Terry don't even know how to play dice. He was on them dice the craps table for about fifty minutes, hitting hard eights, hard foores. I mean he must have hit four or five hards. It was insane. It was so fun. Only Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 2: Hard Ways, baby, You're a hard Ways guy.
Speaker 3: Love the hard ways in gambling and in life.
Speaker 1: There's been some hard way. There's been some hard ways.
Speaker 2: I would say Ernie was awesome just because that's like an A one super special. We flew him out. Terry was incredible. I gotta say, back back in our Canal Street days, get Jared Zabranski and Adrian Peterson on the screen at the same time, I know, but just having those two guys in our presence at the State, like I was like, holy shit, we made this happen. It was like the second one we ever do.
Speaker 1: Was like this is crazy.
Speaker 3: Well Jack Jack has a term that's like the elevator pitch games, yep, and like that was our elevator pitch game for a while. It really was to start conceptualizing the show, the like Statue of Liberty game and trying to get we've since moved on from it now a little bit, just because scheduling is a pain, but try to get players on each side, and like that was just a cornerstone thing and that was awesome to happen, Like Wow, we can really do this thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's an elephant.
Speaker 3: In the room.
Speaker 2: I'm missing something here. I'm missing something.
Speaker 1: Is he not probably the most Jack Ginger you've ever seen in that damn Zoom interview was Gingers. He was, He's yoked. Zimbranski was yoked. He's living the Zimbranski life right now. I mean I saw the veins.
Speaker 2: He came jackedn pumped. Baby. Wait now I'm trying to think of Jack Gingers.
Speaker 3: Does Connor McGregor come.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's not really you're kind of gingery your beard is I know.
Speaker 3: But I'm not jacked.
Speaker 2: Andrew Santino he's in shape. He's a comedian.
Speaker 3: So that Oh, who's the paleass dude from w W E oh irish. Yeah, I don't Yeah, I don't know, but that's Mat Crosby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Crosby, Yeah, our guy. He's not like put like Zimbranski was, like eight pack.
Speaker 3: Well, Herry, he's doing the Rocky fourth thing in Boise, just throwing logs around training.
Speaker 1: And now Crosby is probably he goes in a category of baddest of all time. Gingersamps yep, like he like not just jackness, He's he's getting up there in that.
Speaker 3: You think William Wallace was a Ginger, Well.
Speaker 1: I'm watching that new Uh, I'm watching that new Ben Franklin movie.
Speaker 3: There's George Washington was.
Speaker 1: I think he was. He sent over Ben Franklin during seventeen seventy six Revolutionary War to go make a peace tree with the old French.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: He made a peace treat with a bunch of teenager girls.
Speaker 1: Easy time, Kyle, Jack, give us.
Speaker 3: Some stats, give us some give us some games.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm over here looking up Jack Genner, Ede Shearon not making the cut, brother, Cheryl Burne.
Speaker 1: Sorry, he's in that. He's in that same category. I mean he's he's a beast.
Speaker 2: Conan sorry, Julian Moore, Sorry.
Speaker 1: Conan was awesome. I used to remember we had this late night show on like T n T or some TVs. Yeah, I still love that show.
Speaker 2: Bro, he let it rip.
Speaker 3: I love he has a new show on HBO. It's great.
Speaker 2: Come on the show.
Speaker 3: It's a travel show. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Should we toot our own horn? Here, give us our own horn, and look at some all encompassing game. Over the first fifty episodes, games, episodes, games, we will be building on these numbers tremendously. But we've had thirteen Hall of Famers, fifty six total guests, We've covered a game in every decade for the last fifty years.
Speaker 1: That's in the years.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Hella football, Hella sport love, basketball, Ahead and hockey.
Speaker 2: Two hockeys, two hockeys. We have covered thirty championship games of various levels of various sports. We have also done twenty seven NFL games, six college football games, eight NBA games, three MLB games, two NHL games, one soccer match won the basketball tournament game, also a championship game, one college basketball game, one UFC fight, and one wrestling match that was, of course, WrestleMania, the Iron Man Match. No one can hear me that. Brad hart Sjohn Michael Waugh, don't even get me started.
Speaker 3: We also have.
Speaker 2: Had hundreds hundreds of botched pronunciations, and we got many. We got plenty of more of this.
Speaker 1: Not a word guy, No, not a word guy.
Speaker 2: Names is in our title of our show. But we're not great with names.
Speaker 1: Zambranski, Zambranski, Reggie, Reggie apple Wood, apple Wood, we had Reggie Williams Reggie.
Speaker 2: We had Bart Kreischer, Rod ber.
Speaker 3: Hey, maybe this, maybe that might be award spoiler laders. Yeah, so, uh, let's do a quick game, our TikTok. People say this is good high Low's ha favorite moment, worst moment, funniest moment. Quick, what do you guys think jewels?
Speaker 2: You go first, Well, all right, I'll go for I'll go first year me. It started off, I got my best moment already, the Cats out of the bag, Sabransky Adrian Peterson the same time in our studio via zoom. That was awesome, my Low reliving eighteen in one. I mean, she's don't put me through the pain again. Next thing, you know, we'll be doing like the Bill Buckner game or when the Celtics lost last year the heat and Game seven of the Eastern Conference Finals. I mean, is god we should though, And my ha was having Uncle Terry in here talking about his booty cheeks being out in front of Matthew McConaughey and Dong. I mean laughing, I was Terry, he was Uncle Terry kept me laughing the whole freaking Oh my gosh, Hi lo Hi, I love this game.
Speaker 3: Uh you want to go with ego am I High. There's a few, because you know Ernie Terry. Those are like classic growing up football fan Like that's love. Also, I went to Virginia Tech for a little bit. So Mike Vic on the Zoom was awesome, awesome talking about that their championship game run. I guess, but I think my high honestly from from is when we got funding to do the show. Honestly, like you know, we were like coming up with this idea and like you were still playing, and so we conceptualized the show that could be shot not weekly to match your schedule. And you know it was when sports galing was happening, you know, me and Jack on the whiteboard back in you know, the bu Campus days to Commonwealth Wealth.
Speaker 2: Stand up right, Canes caes arenas.
Speaker 3: Can I just say something I had canes here recently the same not the same dude, the guy, well, I only just go strips. I just do strips all the cart that's it.
Speaker 1: Texas toast almost them in besting there.
Speaker 2: My man Josh used to always give me it's cold saw Texas Toa's good. You're missing out. But you do like the Louisian hot sauce they put there.
Speaker 3: You do like the hot sauce. You can do hot sauce and then in the cane sauce whatever. My so that's my high getting money to make the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you win Bett, thank you, thank.
Speaker 3: You my low. To be on on trend here or you know, to you know, be on theme for the show is every single time we score a fucking game, and we can and will not to keep teasing this, but we'll go into that more later.
Speaker 1: And then some integrity scores.
Speaker 3: There's been, Yes, there has been some integrity.
Speaker 2: Tyler goes full Walter, I check every episode.
Speaker 3: Any wonder're a funk about the rules anymore?
Speaker 1: Market zero, damn it.
Speaker 2: Donnie uh.
Speaker 3: And then funny, funniest moment or funnest moment, just all of Gary Gollman, just the boy, the whole thing, just you know, I love we.
Speaker 2: Saw a new new friendship being born right in through her eyes two bros Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, my dad didn't really look at me like I was that kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Now impression just roped.
Speaker 3: Let me change, let me let me change, let me change my funnest. It's honestly, I hate to be a tease to the fans out there, but like some of the conversations that happened, Oh, show in the back, that's been very fun. That was your ha Oh right, Yeah, there's been some haw. Yeah, there's been some grond cause.
Speaker 2: I enjoy sharing laughs with my friends. Yes, yes, all right, aside jokes, perhaps, amen.
Speaker 1: My high low and hause will start with the high. Hi, it's probably when uh we had Gronk on the episode. Hell yeah, I mean he's just fun to hang out with talk war stories, and Gronk remembers so much more than I do. Sometimes that like he'll tell a story and I'm like, oh shit, that happened. Yeah, so that could be you know that. That's a high. My low is sometimes when well, I got two lows. Sometimes when Kyler comes, he wears these blue shoes and he takes them off and it makes the whole fucking studio smell. That is an absolute low. I mean it smells. I have a fucking candle budget because we do this out of my house. I'm spending five thousand dollars on candles to try to get this goddamn smell out of it. Okay. Another low is my guy's wearing dress shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is a stravaganza today. You're wearing fucking sandals and your balls are out.
Speaker 1: Balls are not out, but I.
Speaker 2: Wish they were I do have Rocky there they are Baby Apollo Creed underwear for younerwear for all you audio listeners. Right now, we gotta take a quick pause for a fit check. Kyler has dressed for the occasion. The other people what they want.
Speaker 1: I bought a couple of pair.
Speaker 2: Because he did it, juels and I got T shirt, shorts, hoodies, hats, No respect, No respect for that right now. Respect would I gave them months in advance to wear something nice to respect.
Speaker 1: The guy or real sports guy would wear what what he always wears.
Speaker 3: That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What he always the stupidest thing I ever heard?
Speaker 1: What he always audience, take it to my hall moment, mister Raby Patty, Yeah, this just came up to my head. This my hall moment was when it was one of our first shows. We got Sam Morrel on there. Man, we love you, Sammy, We love Sam. And you don't know Sam, or you don't you don't know what you're getting into with Sam, Sam no filter, no filter. So we have this guest on by the name of Kurt Warner.
Speaker 3: Hall of Fame, super Winner, Hall of Fame, super Bowl Winner, multiple winner, multiple f VP winner winner.
Speaker 1: And uh, man of faith. Guy is a man of faith. We love Kurt, Kurt loves faith. And I think, you know, Sam's opening joke had to do with like jacking off or a Harvey Weinstein joke, which one it was. I'm sitting there and I'm seeing Kurt's reaction, and I'm sitting there watching Sam deliver this thing, and I'm just like, oh my god, yeah, Kurt's on that cover two or whatever it was, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, like to make this a positive when Sam dropped a kind of lingus joke to Peyton Manning with the next surgery, Peyton Manning went along, he did a good what a good sport? What a good sport?
Speaker 1: So those have been small moments, those sallows.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's let's get into the whole point of this show. We've alluded to it a lot, but uh, let's talk about scoring and the problem that we have now that all that fun stuffs out of the way. I've got a lot of problems with both of you people. Now, I've got a lot of stuff. What do you mean you you too, I've got I've got problems coming from before.
Speaker 1: I have fully very aryan bearded man, you're we're.
Speaker 3: Both German relaxed you here's your opportunity if you guys want to like say anything that we could do better about the scoring system or what's not working about the score system. If you don't, I have plenty, But here's.
Speaker 1: You know, as as a man that has been learning television, been learning the interview process, the communication and the feel of the person you are having and you were hosting onto your platform show whatever it is, as a man that does that and at my learning process, I like to allow the guest to feel special in his own special way. Agreed, We're hospitable, you know that's at that's a hospitable thing to do, Kyler. Now do I agree with them? Absolutely not, But it's who am I to say anything to them? While they have the spotlight. It's their time to shine for their game.
Speaker 2: And this is in ninety percent of the time. It's not more, it's like the high watermark for these guest life. Like this is the biggest not this show, no, not being on this show, not I mean this is a big honor, but this game that they're breaking down with us, it's like this is like this is a ten to them. So when they're giving a ten. I understand the exact moment meant a ton to these people. So I'm with you. I'm in the same boat.
Speaker 1: I am U And like for Bert Kreischer, I mean, even remember the time, this is his favorite time of all time.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's had better times that he forgot than we ever had that we remember.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, then what is the goal of scoring? Is it to make our guests feel nice and fluffy and comfortable even though you let him sit in this fucking couch? Or is it the sanctity of sport competition finding the greatest game of all time? Or we just playing fucking tummy sticks and just letting a regular season game be a ten?
Speaker 1: All right, dude, Like it's broken down like this. Okay, We're gonna have our own scoring system. It's kind of like at the Combine and pro days. You hear the kid goes out and runs a four to three at his Pro day, but at the Combine he ran a four, five six. Okay, there's professional scoring and then there's Pro day scoring.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys got what you needed to get out.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what I just said.
Speaker 2: When people do go full Billy Bob Varsity Blues. I'm like, oh, man, I would like I would like you to put a little thought into it, because sometimes it does feel reactionary and yep, it's a little quick to like it like that bugs me. Sure, yeah, but I will say. The one gripe where I'm like, ah, man, come on, when I like, really care about the scoring system is when a game that is of the level of a twenty eight to three, when that is below some of these games, yes, that are not on par with a twenty eight to three. When I see it all laid out like that, I'm like, ah, that really garriinds my gear. That gets my goat. But otherwise, like those are my two big ones. Is something being too low?
Speaker 3: And then like a quick ten, we'll get into some of the receipts here too, But okay, so off of you, Jack, go ahead, and so I I'll be the one that's the asshole. I have no problem with being the asshole in my life personally and career.
Speaker 1: I had a quick question, go for it. How's that bow tie feeling right now?
Speaker 3: It's feeling lonely. She's lonely. It's actually your bow tie. I don't have a bout two were looking bow tie thank you anyway, So I have no problem being the asshole right and saying, Reggie Bush, this regular season game against Frezel Snake perhaps is not a ten. And then what you guys do is Jules goes, you're shut up. It is great, and then Jack goes, yeah, I'm flavor flavor. So like that's when I I opened the door for debate, and you guys go shut the fuck up, you sandbagging bastards. And the wardrobe today is apropos of this whole thing where I'm the only one that cares about this thing and it makes me sad.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Integrity?
Speaker 2: We are, bro, that's a sick ass rockey.
Speaker 3: We are embracing this.
Speaker 1: Rocky literally defeated communism and ended the Cold War, just like we're ending the discussion of that.
Speaker 3: Some of these scorers that ask Ukraine how that's working out for him? The stakes are too high, the guests are biased. We aren't embracing debate. We're supposed to be the person to find the greatest game of all time, and we're just making sure our guests are comfortable and change.
Speaker 2: You can change, okay.
Speaker 3: But now let's be constructive here. Well, first, before we get the constructed, let's just take a look at this top our top list right now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Can I? I just a couple of who put tens on all these These are the scores?
Speaker 3: These are the scores from the episode? Right? Okay?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Who put who put ten on all these jewels? The guests that you let off the game? Mark Cuban, I think takes the heat for a bigger issue.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So here's the twenty eleven NBA Finals game six Mavericks versus Heat nine point five. It's third overall. It's in front of the eighteen and one Super Bowl and right behind two AFC Championship games in twenty eighteen one two thousand and three to one, both Patriot wins. The almost tie game, the almost tie game, a regular season game that's known for almost being in a tie, is number six, ahead of the two thousand and four Alcs.
Speaker 1: It was almost ties, almost a tie, almost you ties worldwideer looked at like in soccer, it's.
Speaker 3: The bush push. Even I can't even argue we all wantour team the Bush push. A week six game. Granted there is you know, undefeated Sea whatever, It's right ahead of the Women's World Cup ahead of the nineteen nine nine Women's World Cup, also ahead of the twenty eighth to three game, is sixteenth on our lists, behind the Iron Man Match, a scripted entertainment product.
Speaker 1: It's not script still real to be, damn it not scripting.
Speaker 3: There's more The Can't Wait Game. The Can't Wait Game, a Giants divisional round game is ahead of the Patriots Seahawks Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's a marketing guys, she knows we're gonna talk about it in this game.
Speaker 3: So and then there's more here. I will say that the TB twelve final team Barstool is thirty second second on this list, ahead of the UFC could be versus McGregor, fright ahead of a BCS National Championship game, ahead of a game sign a Game seven of a Stanley Cup final that ended in Riots, which is forty fifth on our list. The only thing that we've nailed is the Pro Bowl being last. I will say that, yeah, I think that it might be too. I don't disagree with that. Okay, So now enough negativity. Let's build this thing back up. Let's tear down and build it back.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: We've got some solutions. And we've listened to our fans who sent in some hot the hotline with some opinions and advice. Let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, connected to.
Speaker 4: A huge fan.
Speaker 5: My name's Alex. I love your show.
Speaker 6: It's great, Jewels, You're awesome, but just scoring system.
Speaker 7: What are we doing?
Speaker 8: This is not it if you can't let these guys come in and big pantcy jewels like yeah, I just know that's not right.
Speaker 5: But I'm not in your position.
Speaker 9: But you want a score ologist, you want someone knows.
Speaker 5: They're talking about.
Speaker 10: I'll be your guy.
Speaker 5: I promise. The only legit him at score.
Speaker 9: I thought there was the two thousand and four ALCS Gaming number three.
Speaker 10: But anyway, love you guys show.
Speaker 1: First off, Kyler, who the fuck did you hire to throw that one in?
Speaker 2: Not this one? Not this one?
Speaker 1: Big pants big I never even heard that term.
Speaker 5: Like it?
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I've never met Alec in my life.
Speaker 2: We might need to start using big pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 11: I guess Jewels, the way to improve the scoring would be for you and Frank or whoever else to score the game yourself.
Speaker 5: Don't let the guests score it.
Speaker 4: If it's a Patriot game, obviously you have to absolve yourself because you're biased.
Speaker 5: But you guys got to score it, and.
Speaker 4: You got to use decimals as frequently as possible.
Speaker 5: Don't let the guests court. This is from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Chicago. Man, Actually that's not a bad idea. What are we going to eliminate the guests from scoring the game?
Speaker 3: I don't agree with that, but I think.
Speaker 1: He Frank Frank is the most biased person you'll ever fucking meet. This guy still talks about the nineteen ninety eight Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: That was him James Names. This is Aaron and from New England.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait can you pause? Is this said Aaron Andrews?
Speaker 3: Andrews type.
Speaker 5: Hello, Games of Names?
Speaker 3: This is Aaron Ands from New England.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got a case of the tens.
Speaker 3: But maybe if you had.
Speaker 5: Levels two.
Speaker 12: A cap on a certain number for each game, whether it's like a divisional championship or just a regular season.
Speaker 5: I don't know if this makes any sense. You introduced map and I kind of clench up, So maybe this will jog your trade of mind. Gi Away, looking forward to your podcast. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I like the case of the tens of.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, got a case of the.
Speaker 13: Call in a lot up to date on all that, so turn up they have already been figured out. But with the question of how to figure out the scoring system, I think the easiest way of picking this is just having the guest jewels and then any other co hosts all ranked each part of it, so like the game overall, the gameplay, everything like that, and then you.
Speaker 5: Just average that way.
Speaker 13: You can't have someone like Cuban come in and just give a ten to everything that time a little bit.
Speaker 5: But not all the way.
Speaker 1: We have to. So what is the Pro Bowl? You got, you have fans, you got coaches, and you got a fucking internet and player. How do they even do the Pro Bowl?
Speaker 2: It fan voting?
Speaker 3: Now, we don't. Fan voting is too complicated.
Speaker 2: I just can't get over that guy being named Aaron Andrews. That rocks.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got one more.
Speaker 1: You think about it. It's probably a common name, but he's probably a A R O N A.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've met like one hundred shusy Colbers in my life, like did you kiss? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Sorry shout out Joe Jesus.
Speaker 5: Fellas. I think I got a pretty easy solution.
Speaker 4: Here for your your scoring predicament.
Speaker 13: Uh, you just got to take Jewel's opinion.
Speaker 3: You got to take the produre opinion whose name I cannot remember.
Speaker 14: Jackie boyd Jackie take Jackie's opinion.
Speaker 5: Take the guests opinion for each category. So you know, Cubes put you guys in a body bag. I get it hard to sing, oh to that guy. And Jewels you throw out of seven Jackie boy throws out at seven point five.
Speaker 3: I'm not here to do math.
Speaker 5: That's that's for you guys. But you take the aggregate of those three.
Speaker 3: And that is the category score for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty much it. I think you do that for all four categories. You'll get a little bit.
Speaker 1: More of a fair scoring system here because jack Cubes absolutely dominated you.
Speaker 5: But love the show.
Speaker 2: Glad you back aggregate when you're throwing in words like aggregate. Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we have a solution. We've talked about it, We've discussed it. So here's what we're gonna be doing moving forward. Listen, we talked Jewels. You will have your own score. Jack you will have your own score. Kyler myself will have my own score, and the guests will have.
Speaker 1: Their own score and we'll average it. All right.
Speaker 3: We're going to keep the categories as is. We're going to do stakes, we're gonna do star power, we're gonna do gameplay, and we're gonna do the name of the game, which is also the cultural relevance of the show of the game. We'll let the guests score how they want on the show, but we'll guide them to an integrity score as best we can, encouraging decimals and to belittles over the movie's comfy, uh I get comfy for this, will belittle tens and then how we're going to do it to make the show like seamless. Because jeweles Jack and myself we always prep before just you know, watching game footage, going over the rundown of the show. When we do the prep process, we will score before the guest comes on, and we'll have our scores already going. That doesn't mean that we can't be changed based off of the conversation, because I think it's important to you know, take a primary sources information and you know put it into you know, if we're gonna be integrity here. So it doesn't mean we can't change our score, but we will have scored the game ahead of time, so that when the guest scores we'll be able to average all of them and come up with a new final score. So that's what we're gonna be doing moving forward. So we're taking it before the three of us will score, before the guests will score live, and then we'll get the three we're scoring twice. Yeah, but we're not gonna We're not gonna do it on camera. We're gonna be doing it during research. We talked about this. No, I know that, but I'm just saying, when we actually get to the scoring the show, we'll let the guests score right, and then we'll reveal our score that's already in the rundown, and then we'll average it together. So if they say at ten and you say at eight, and you say an eight, and I say at ten, which I won't, it'll be a nine and was doing easy math, it'll be a nine. Oh, we see that, it's a nine. Right, So we're just the information. It's like in a cooking show when they cook something before college type shit. You're just he just said, that's only on your brain because you're watching Franklin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of it.
Speaker 3: So that's what we're gonna be doing.
Speaker 1: Michael, He's probably the coolest. I think Benjamin Franklin was that cool.
Speaker 3: He did supposedly invent a lot of stuff to buy vocals thing.
Speaker 2: He was never in Wall Street. So Douglas there.
Speaker 3: So that's the score. That's the new scoring system. Now, if you're if you're an astute listener, you might say, well, what the fuck we're talking integrity? What about these fifty games.
Speaker 1: We just did? Well?
Speaker 3: Now what's me and Jack and Jules. Leading up to this episode, we all went over each game and scored them independently. And now we're going to take the prior show's score or the guest score, and then before we had the guest score, the sh shows score, and then we'll average all four of those scores up, and then we have a new top fifty list. And now we're going to go over those top fifty and reveal what our new integrity based top fifty games are.
Speaker 2: The folks from Ernst and Young delivered them in a sealed briefcase. We don't know the results yet. This is live on the air. We will be reacting to these. We're righting our wrongs. The envelopes are in, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 3: Be ready, So fifty to forty one. Okay, let's unveil the fiftieth game, the.
Speaker 2: Twenty twelve Pro Bowl, right where it should be, right where it should be. Forty nine TBT final team Barstool first, the Notre Dame alums.
Speaker 1: Wha wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Let me see these real quick oh jacks thrown off full zeros here on Pro Bowl zero stakes, zero name. I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: Who has a little Russian judge in it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So the Pro Bowl still got beat by Barstool game?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty eight I think for me, the Nationals, that's the worst game ever. That's third worst game. We've done more Giants that right now?
Speaker 3: Baseball?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Division Around game forty seven?
Speaker 1: What's forty seven?
Speaker 2: The Fakespike Game? Twenty thirteen Week eight Lions Cowboys that.
Speaker 1: Beats a NLDS game, win the Star Power Football Gate. It is literally the worst. That's the worst week in football. So when like half the team's hurt, the grind starts, I'm just trying to shout out there for the seam heads. Yeah, you know, you seam heads out there, I'm with you. Fucking bullshit nfl owns everything I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is wild, but look at the numbers. People are tuning in on a week eight game more than a division around game and easy.
Speaker 1: Rod al right, we get it. Forty six Gilberlerina sixty game. Those six I gave a six to nine average score. Nicety five.
Speaker 2: We're moving into number forty five, the Manning seven. This is a Week one seven, Week one twenty thirteen Broncos Ravens.
Speaker 1: Who I give it a worse score than Oh no, I gave it a better score. Peyton Manning only gave it a six eight eight.
Speaker 3: Huh, pretty well, that was that was before we did it with Peyton. So that was that was you and Sam okay solid. I think you guys came to pretty solid. What's what I'm noticing as a trend here so far is that Jack is the heart, oh, the biggest heart. Oh. Here Jules is given the best scores, and I'm somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: Close ballot votes.
Speaker 2: I turned into the hardest of hartos when a those valt you get me in the voting booth and you pull that curtain hard. Low forty four. Let's move on to forty four. Here the snover time game Lashawn McCoy Colts Bills, Week seventeen. Little playoff implications here, but it's still a low scoring great number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty four eleve. If we had a visual, like a visually stunning.
Speaker 2: Game, Yeah, this would be a top good Jerseys.
Speaker 3: Popping in the snow, the red on all reds, and it was.
Speaker 1: A beastly game to play as good as Lashawn did and went to overtime.
Speaker 2: Oh shady number forty three. Ah, man out the club gave out the club game.
Speaker 1: It was week eleven. I get it.
Speaker 3: Amazing about this is me and Gronk gave it the same score. It ended up being the same score, the same as moronk scage. Wow, what a fucking I just love.
Speaker 1: That's a man of integerant man of integra.
Speaker 3: It's a six point five. And then we went through it and was in six point five.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jonas Gray and it changed.
Speaker 3: It stays the same exact position. All right, let's see forty one here.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I got I got a miracle in Morgantown with vic.
Speaker 2: Shot forty two rank Aaron game that jumped up five spots. Wow, okay, okay, I can dig that onto forty one, No Hokies the two thousand and nine Western Conference Finals, Nuggets late. See that being ahead of miracle in Morgantown. It irks me a bit.
Speaker 3: But you're being in the forties stakes. I think it should be no that stakes in college football at this era, before the college football playoffs, we're a lot higher era if you had national champions expectations. Those were essentially elimination games. But close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a it's a trophy game, Black Diamond Trophy.
Speaker 3: Back Diamond Trophy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But VIC didn't play super well in it, though, but I had a great ending.
Speaker 1: I gave it a seven to two on these stage. Yeah, it's a finals game, bro. Still it's got to be over a C.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 2: See you look at it, you look at it like a great like an ABC D Like I just I just go like, I don't think like that. I don't think of it like that. But I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: I do the same thing where I think if it's a five, it failed for me. A championship game is a nine.
Speaker 1: These get degrees. If it's a seven, your average average to very good is lower rates. If you're a nine, it's great your rhyme. It ain't nothing to hitting a ten from.
Speaker 3: Me, Like championship game starts at a nine and then it can gain incremental points if there's some legacy stuff, there's some backstory. Yeah yeah, yeah, well no, but then I think, like a game one will lose some points, so I might have like a game one Stanley Cup Final be like an eight point eight whatever, or if it's a game seven, it might go up toward nine point five or whatever.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so that was our first ten, first ten. I feel like it feels pretty, feels better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like there done. You know, we've we'll go to see the new list.
Speaker 3: These let's wanna so then we also ask some fans to send in their opinion of what the greatest game of all time is. So let's hit the mailbox real quick.
Speaker 1: Let's hit the mail.
Speaker 3: Hotline for our fans opinion of the greatest game of all time.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jewels, longtime caller, big time fan, Tom here, I think the greatest game.
Speaker 1: This guy's name is Tom. Think he was named after Tom. He sounds like he's probably twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I could see it.
Speaker 3: Talking about a Patriots game there.
Speaker 1: Gotta be like, yeah, he's definitely after Braddy. Keep going.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jules, longtime caller, big time fan, tom here. I think the greatest game it's been talked about, but it's Seahawks Pats Super Bowl game winning touchdown, ten point comeback. It had it all, great play by Butler.
Speaker 5: At the end.
Speaker 6: I think that's that's our number one. You know, it had it all, the storyline, the stars. I know y'all talks up say podcast before, but that's my vote. Have a great day, Bob's love you.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet your bubbs. That's a good one. That's the greatest. That was a really good one.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I think I suspect that a boom. I suspect that ends up top five for us. We'll see, hope, So we'll see.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jules, this is a go calling. The best game of all time was cal Stanford football Field. The game winning drive to take the lead for Stanford. We all know what happened on the ensuing kickoff. The band who was out on the field, he's going into the end zone the Bears. The Bears have won. Imagine if this game happened today. The referendum about fans and bands and music programs and all the nonsense that would go with it. Back then, it was just a crazy win, greatest game ever. Al Stanford, the band is out on the field.
Speaker 2: We gotta do that game.
Speaker 1: That we gotta do that game. That was a great I mean I grew up in the Bay Area so that we all knew that that game. I mean that was pretty crazy. But first off, that'll never happen in today's day and age, because if one person would ever step on the foot after all these crazy like things that are happening at games and public events, I'm pretty sure sniper's taking him ound done. One band member gone LP to the two big.
Speaker 3: Also, my god, alright, Peter the pack twelve Oh yeah boy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was packed. Ten games that could have been a package.
Speaker 3: This is now, this is an ACC rivalry now right, Yeah, Stanford and Cal went to the a CEC.
Speaker 1: These kids are gonna have to go on a Friday, fly across country and then come back probably right after the game on a Saturday, have Sunday to recover up, go to class. I'm yeah right, it's gonna be so hard.
Speaker 3: Also, because we've done some research about this Cale Stanford game, uh Ron Rivera played for one of the also Mike Nolan, former former coach. There's some there's some heat Berkeley, the coaching stuff.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up, guys? Just seeing the post. Question was asked, what is the greatest game of all time? Uh, I'm not sure, but the greatest fight I've ever watched was probably uh.
Speaker 14: Good one fine Nate Diaz versus Conor McGregor two, Uh one and two.
Speaker 5: That was cinema. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Those fights are so entertaining. And I've gotten to meet and hang out with Nate Diaz. He's stocked and guy, I got family and stocked. I know, rough and tough those jokers are, and he don't give a fuck. That dude is crazy, bro. He just eats the pin your hot. He's a street fighter, man.
Speaker 3: We're doing some work to try to get them.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get him on. He's gonna come on, let's be sad. I wonder what he wants to talk, which will fight?
Speaker 3: Will pick maybe one of these?
Speaker 1: Maybe one of these?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I agree you you UFC. I'm not a big fight guy, UFC. But the fans really seem to like this and these are those are fun episodes.
Speaker 2: He is a scary dude, and if Kyler argues with him on the score, that.
Speaker 3: Might be one where I turn big time. Oh yeah it's ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll knock your ass out straight out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I don't disagree with that. Yeah, I think everyone's got everyone.
Speaker 1: Everyone's actually, he said a charming sweet dude if he likes you.
Speaker 3: But actually this makes me think of we got to get some boxing matches in here.
Speaker 2: I'm down, brother, you gotta get some.
Speaker 1: I want Tyson.
Speaker 3: Tyson would rock, Tyson would rock.
Speaker 1: We gotta get If Tyson had a score that you didn't fucking like, what would you do there, Kyler?
Speaker 3: I would well, with our new new and improved scoring system.
Speaker 1: You want to see anything, we would guide him. Smug looking your eye, we.
Speaker 3: Would guide him. But then we would know that our system is designed properly with data and thought that we still have an integrity score. Even if Mike wants to give everything tense.
Speaker 1: I think Mike would have an integrity fight.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: Also, the thing, he's not a bullshitter.
Speaker 3: Those stakes are super high. The star power Mike in the nineties super high, right, and then you know, maybe some of these fights we knock the guy out in like three seconds. If isn't the best game play, but if we got.
Speaker 1: Mike in the studio, man be so tight.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, is he gonna beat what's his dick? When they fight, Jake Paul. I've heard it's like a sanctioned fight that.
Speaker 2: It is heavyweight, sixteen out, sixteen ounce close.
Speaker 1: They're big gloves.
Speaker 2: There's a big boys. If we get over my dead body of Paul.
Speaker 3: Is coming on this podcast. My god, Well, his clubs are his glove.
Speaker 1: He sent me a glove, Jake. We like Jake.
Speaker 3: I forgot about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love I can't wait for fight. Oh my glove.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll go on Impulsive or whatever his pod. We'll drink prime and.
Speaker 1: We love those guys. I think that's his other, that's his brother. Oh okay, let go specim. They're fucking geniuses and mother fucker. I mean, he looks like he's learned how to fight pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: Also, boxing has always been about the spectacle. It's always been about the story leading up to it. They just taking it story. Yeah, you're right, Yeah, one more one more voicement on this block.
Speaker 5: Hey Jules uh Ryan calling in from Tampa. Just a quick one.
Speaker 4: Get the best game of all time has to be the Miracle on Ice, the biggest upset in the history of sports, no questions, hands down. We had a bunch of college kids playing against a Russian team that had just beat the NHL All Star team by about seven goals the week before. So craziest upset of all time, Best game of all time, Steeler.
Speaker 1: That is a pretty amazing game.
Speaker 3: That would be an elevator elevator pitch game. Get Kurt Russell, not tonight by not tonight Michael Rizzioni from Winter Massachusetts. Oh yeah, because this is you know, I'm a hockey guy. Actually bought a jersey for whim. We can do this game. The angle that I want to do, and the reason why we haven't just done it yet is because there's like three or four of these Russian guys that speak English, and I think that there's a war where we could get one of them. There's been some documentaries about them that are.
Speaker 1: Going I don't know right now. That's a good point, but I don't know right now. Bobs. Yeah, this is a pro America podcast, and I don't think their government would allow us to get on here.
Speaker 3: Talk about defeeding communism. Yeah, your fictional character Rocky for real.
Speaker 2: Here's here's a good question. He brings up Miracle on Ice. We're talking Miracle, We're talking Hurt Brooks, we're talking Kurt Russell. What other game that we have done in our top fifty would translate well into a great movie? Jazz, there's one for you.
Speaker 3: That's a great segment.
Speaker 1: Have we done the Mallison the Palace?
Speaker 4: Yet?
Speaker 2: We have not a sick movie?
Speaker 1: Be a second movie.
Speaker 2: I can just be like the guy that looks like Jerry Ferrari, just getting duffed that butt amber.
Speaker 3: That guy he's out there on the course. M Well, twenty eighth to three technically had eighty for Brady.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, you're right, And I think we do have some eighty for Brady gearro In there.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jane Fonda. Yeah, we have Willim Lily Tomlin. We love them all, immaculate recept She and I don't know that there's enough.
Speaker 3: You could probably well, Kurt Warner had the movie.
Speaker 1: Which is oh yeah, the Underdog.
Speaker 2: American Underdog.
Speaker 3: You could probably do a Christian movie about Boise State, Aflahoma.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a Christian school.
Speaker 3: I know but you could pick one of those Christian kids from Boise. They're a little like in the Utah vein you can you can make wine? And then they proposed to the girl Ian Johnson.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that would in my life. I swear, I love you.
Speaker 3: We should.
Speaker 1: I got a surprise for you after the game if we will.
Speaker 3: Uh, but you know what, let's let's put that on the old notes and Saran.
Speaker 1: Whose are u? Santino? You know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much he would do in a Christian produced movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. If for the right money, I'm sure he'd do it. I'm trying to think, like in Walton Goggins, Bob Stoops.
Speaker 3: Who's playing Adrian Peterson? Oh, I got a who's Jonathan Major?
Speaker 1: And let's go next topic?
Speaker 3: Okay, forty to thirty one, let's.
Speaker 2: Hear these ready. Ricky's record record speaking of college football, nineteen ninety nine, Week eleven, Mac Brown, Ricky did it, baby.
Speaker 1: It's a bit.
Speaker 3: I mean there's Jack's three on the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, steak seven Ricky's record. Yeah, run Ricky, run right run.
Speaker 2: That was a really good one. I just like the cultural that was.
Speaker 1: I think that wasn't that a forty or so?
Speaker 3: That was like a yeah movie or thirty for thirty? Yeah, thirty we gotta get we gotta get Ricky on in person. He's because he's close by.
Speaker 2: That'd be sweet.
Speaker 3: Let's do thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Thirty hung out with him at his house once.
Speaker 2: He's a Manhattan beach guy, right, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't his house. It was it's like his creative studio and we just hung out and brought some tacos.
Speaker 2: That's tight. How are the tacos?
Speaker 1: They were phenomenal, but I was starving on the way. He hit me up and it was like a pretty cool I think he loved the gesture. You sat in the tacos and talked.
Speaker 3: You brought the tacos.
Speaker 1: I brought the tacos.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: Guess you're very good at the gesture, the hangout gesture, and a lot of it's food based, but it's thoughtful. I think you should get more credit for that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kyler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Head thirty nine. The twenty eighteen Stanley Cup Final game five Caps versus Golden Knights PFT was our guest.
Speaker 1: I mean this is suitable for this game. The Woodhead game. Yeah, the Woodhead score, you know what I mean, like you overlook it a little. It's really a really great thing, Jack.
Speaker 3: Your scores are some hard anti hockey bias here.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, I think it's just like, yeah, I don't know this one cracking the top thirty is below forty or above forty, whatever you want to say. Yeah, it feels a little weird. But yeah, I think this game five the star power I think pulled it down a little bit for me, given it was just OV and PFT four zero. Yeah, Jack, this is pretty Sorry, sorry, I might have gone a little harder.
Speaker 3: You went real hard here, like and just looking next to the Ricky's record here where you scored Ricky record five point five. Fine, but like there's only one star in that game, where maybe two Mac Brown and Ricky Williams. No, Dan Campbell was on that tape Apple Apple white fuck.
Speaker 2: Exp Sorry, Yeah, it's why I pulled this one down. Yeah, thirty eight show to thirty.
Speaker 3: But Jack hates hockey, got good to know. I should have sand bag guy, let's go bruin. I should have sandbag college basketball.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we wanted to do it for.
Speaker 3: That one dropped ten positions. Wow, it was twenty nine, which felt probably right for it, but okay, baby.
Speaker 2: Had an anvila on its waist and Jack McCarthy number thirty eight Legion A Boom game with Carissa Thompson Seahawks Bronco was this was a bit of a uh. I mean, it was a blowout super Bowl.
Speaker 1: The name is pretty better than a two Jack.
Speaker 3: Jack throws out Two's like the gameplay, like the Seahawks played really.
Speaker 2: Well, right, but like, no one's gonna look back and be like that was one heck of a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: They'd be like, that's true.
Speaker 1: First snap was over his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like safety literally from the first player, like, all right, this is gonna be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was in New York watching this thing like.
Speaker 2: Black Bounce, Cold Weather. You were at you were you at MetLife for this one. No, you're in the city.
Speaker 1: It was awesome though, because you'd watched the game and you had a booth and during the game when the game was on, it's full attention. The game's on playing loud, and then as soon as it went to commercial, be bumping out due as soon as the game came back, the music would stop.
Speaker 3: You go to the gameplay, it's like going to a basketball game or hockey game.
Speaker 2: It was a wild game of musical chairs there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven the Shawn Alexander game, UH twenty nineteen Western Conference Semifinals Warriors verse Rockets. This was with Ryan Rossillo, Steph Curry ice cold in the first half, on fire in the second half. They took down Chris Paul James Harden. This one is thirty seven.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's irrespectable. That feels right, we all are. He gave it a seven. H Yeah, I gave it a seven.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were a little second. I think you star power though, and I think that was that's fair. That Warriors team no name, no name killed this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up Katie that year?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean he got injured in these playoffs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They a lot of star power for starters, like four Hall of Famers.
Speaker 3: I like to think of star power two is not just like total stars, but like percentage of stars. So I feel like with these super teams of basketball, if you've got four stars on a team and there's five players, really like that's really high where it's like you know, rest white wrestling wrestling or fighting gets higher stakes because if they're both fucking stars, not stakes but star our power.
Speaker 2: And if you'll remember, the Kalisi was at this game sitting.
Speaker 3: Courts for some reason. Yes, the Khalisi. That's why Jack had an eight point four. That's right, you guys had the same star par on that one.
Speaker 2: Nice yeah, yeah, number thirty six. Moving on twenty one thirty one, nineteen ninety five Angels versus Orioles when Cal Ripkins set the record the Iron Man. This game we did with Lewis Black.
Speaker 3: That feels right, That feels right, That feels good.
Speaker 2: Heck of a streak game itself. What I like, we're here for the streak.
Speaker 3: We're not here, so that one moved up three positions. This feels right. Kind I kind of sunk it a little bit with my stakes because the regular season baseball game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the stakes, this is a this is a record that was going for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you were to account the stakes leading up to this, maybe I probably would have. Like the stakes here was just like, just don't get the fleet, don't have Kevin Costa on the way right.
Speaker 2: Just make it to the ballpark, Kevin cost five and make it five innings.
Speaker 1: I think Kevin Costi would come on.
Speaker 2: I bet he would.
Speaker 1: I don't think he said he's just too cool that he's filming photography of something I saw. He's making his own what what would he He's a baseball I mean, he's got to be a sports fan.
Speaker 2: All timer.
Speaker 3: We've always talking about doing a bold game at some point.
Speaker 2: Shout out Jonas Gray. We are on to the twenty eleven Stanley Cup Final Game seven. High Bruins Canucks with big Z Joe list came on and chopped it up with us on this one. This is thirty five feels.
Speaker 3: A little low, but this feels low. It feels low Jack seven. This is a game seven of a major sport. Too high on the list, No, it's too low on the list. WI should be higher. So the score is too low. The placement's too high.
Speaker 1: So should should it be closer to fifty or closer to one?
Speaker 2: Closer one?
Speaker 1: So it shouldn't be lower.
Speaker 2: Yes, the real who's on a perspective should yeah, but with you it should be low.
Speaker 3: I think you you were anti hockey bias seven point nine. Have a game seven. I mean, I guess it puts in the.
Speaker 1: Same place as had an integrity score.
Speaker 3: Well, this was char didn't score this. I remember we'd score it after.
Speaker 2: I feel like every Yeah, the name dragged it down for me.
Speaker 3: Actually I gave it, yeah, I think so. I think your score is pretty good. Yeah, and I gave it a higher name even though it doesn't tennically have a name, but like it's very present culturally. There was literally fucking riots after that picture of those like kids making out in the street with fire. That was pretty d of sticks with you.
Speaker 2: So okay, right, all right, I'll give you that should be higher.
Speaker 3: Sweet anti hockey Williams.
Speaker 2: The Bush Game twelve thout two thousand and five, Week eleven, Fresno State USC. Reggie ran for five hundred something all purpose yards.
Speaker 1: That's a record, right, that was a record.
Speaker 2: I think it still stands. This one rank.
Speaker 3: Down sixteen. Who yeah. Also the last second final went up nine but still didn't kind enough. And these two next to each other don't feel great?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, moving on to thirty three Larry Bird was love too great?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and one NCAA titled Duke versus Arizona. This one didn't move much, went down one spot in the rankings. I mean the stakes are high. I think we're all pretty much in agreement in the nine region there no name nine point six, Jack, Yeah, that was high. I think a little too high probably gameplay.
Speaker 1: I mean, was this dude going back to back?
Speaker 3: It is a title game, it is two blue chip programs. I do think stakes is a little high there, Jack, Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think that's my college basketball by its sure. Yeah full sorry guys, but it was. No Duke was not going back to back on this one. Just to clarify it, Yeah, I'll admit my flaw, my wrongs.
Speaker 1: There are thirty two thirty two Is that oj R?
Speaker 2: I p rip juice.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Thirty two twenty fourteen DCS National Championship Auburn versus FSU. We did this one with Burt Krescher. As you'll remember. He may not you may. I will say this one in the star Power and the no name I think hurt this one.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: The well no name in star Power.
Speaker 2: This was an underrated game. This was this is ataculous.
Speaker 3: This was a great fucking game.
Speaker 2: Kick return come back at the rose Ball.
Speaker 3: I mean you name it, yeah, yeah, this this one, but I mean it moved up nine spots.
Speaker 1: It was our blue chip, blue chip blue chip, right, like FSU that time. This was an FSU in the nineties with Dion No, you know what I mean, Like this was like a random This was a random come up for FSU.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, same with Auburn.
Speaker 1: I mean, like and Auburn usually, I mean they've lived in the shadow of Alabama. I'm not trying to put no salt, but like, right.
Speaker 3: Auburn does the thing with kind of like you hear and then the spicery by two and then.
Speaker 1: They yeah, they always do that. It's like blue Chip.
Speaker 3: Then the coach leaves becomes the senator fos over the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, yeah, it is just very good. That's a good way to put Albert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this feels too low, but I think it is notable to point out that this there isn't any cachet to this game, even though it's up there with Boise State Oklahoma in terms of like actual gameplay that maybe it doesn't have as quite iconic plays, but the back and forth was pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one, this is certainly when to revisit if you forgot about it. Yeah, thirty one. Moving on the two thousand and two Western Conference Finals, Game five, Lakers versus Kings. Hassan Minaj Mike Bibbie were with us for this one. This feels a little I.
Speaker 1: Gave Sacramento King bias.
Speaker 3: Yeah on my score, zero rank change. Wow, interesting, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're staying at thirty one with that. I used to we had integrity with this score. The referees did not in that game. We're I like it. It's pretty cool to see a game not change at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that's integrity.
Speaker 14: Cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do another to some of these go then too the hot line again?
Speaker 1: What's going on? The hotline? Bling right now?
Speaker 3: Same thing? Guess audience giving us their their favorite or their greatest games of all times.
Speaker 9: Hi, this is Brittany from Roosevelt. I just wanted California. I just want to say that the greatest game in my opinion because it's bias, is the twenty seventeen Falcon State re super Bowl, because there's a sweet, sweet victory to come from behind, and obviously, Julie, you have the greatest catch of all time in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a pretty crazy game.
Speaker 3: I will say, now we've selected from Roosevelt.
Speaker 1: That's not even a Bostonian shout out to parent.
Speaker 3: A lot of calls from all over the places.
Speaker 1: It's kind of it's cool, probably apparent from like Worcester or something.
Speaker 2: I love it. He shout out to Teddy Bruski when we're talking Roosevelt, California.
Speaker 1: Teddy Bruski, we gotta get him on in person. We got to get Teddy back. So while we we Teddy's intensity, will you might you might get scared Kyler on your scoring system ship.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't have to get scared anymore because they're allowed to score freely with influence and we've protected it from the back end. But I will say a lot, by far, the most calls and most examples of the greatest Game of all time from the fans was this game. There was probably maybe about like fifty callers just said this game. We didn't obviously put all fifteen because that would be a lot, but from our fans, this is unquestionably the fan favorite for best game of all time. Makes sense. We also have a hard Patriots bias.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think we got some others.
Speaker 3: I think so too, But I just think our fans are if we had if we had to look at some demographics, I'd say we were a lot of Patriots fans.
Speaker 5: Hey with U, Jules. This is Kokorn from Baltimore, Baltimore. The greatest game of.
Speaker 7: All time is Game five of the ninety five Divisional Series in the eighties.
Speaker 5: You have d n characters based on the.
Speaker 7: Nineties and King of Junior, not only Homer and makes it tied up. It's for in the winning run from first the eleventh on the line drawn from Edgard Martinez. You have one of the greatest parting pitchers ever and Ready Johnson coming in and gutting out the ninth, tenth, eleventh, after pitching semin innings two days before Jesus. You have a Game five win in a series that literally fourth local officials to keep baseball in Seattle. Not to mention an appearances from David Tone Marianna Rivera in the spread of talent in New York at the time.
Speaker 5: This game has the names, in the moments and the narratives. It is simply the greatest.
Speaker 1: That's wait to take your game for baseball. That's great.
Speaker 3: This was I think this is the high water Markets baseball mid to late nineties baseball. Gosh damn was so good.
Speaker 1: Randy Johnson, how did that.
Speaker 3: Mariners team never win a championship? I know, griff and Johnson Martinez out.
Speaker 1: Because it's like those those Braves in the nineties, they only do they only got one. They had like the best pitching ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dunatic Schultz Clavin Clavin from Bill Record, great hockey player.
Speaker 1: You know what I saw in in Bahamas? Chipper Jones, no way. And I was literally talking with the guy on the craps table who's working it. We were talking and he was watching the baseball game kind of while he was you know, I was like, who's your team? He goes, I love the Braves.
Speaker 3: I go, dude.
Speaker 1: I used to fucking hate Chipper Jones because all he did was tear our fucking face off in San Francisco. And then ten minutes later, Chipper Jones walks in simulation simulation and he was such a gentleman that rocks.
Speaker 2: Do you guys chop it up?
Speaker 1: We chopped it up a little bro.
Speaker 3: You manifested Chipper Jones.
Speaker 1: That is wild chip.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: It's a great baseball.
Speaker 3: Now you just gotta now, you just gotta manifest, Tom Brady, Andrew I love, I love Chipper and Andrew Jones was always fun. Yeah, John Smolts, those Braves teams were fun.
Speaker 2: They were great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Mama said this when I showed up at half time and the Monk Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl.
Speaker 1: Love that game.
Speaker 3: Great game, this kind of game. This guy makes a good point. Had some star playing this guy.
Speaker 2: Do you remember?
Speaker 1: And that's why you don't do drugs coming from Lawrence Taylor. Want Lawrence Taylor on here too. Awesome by the way, need to get help, gotta get healthy.
Speaker 4: That would be incredible, Hey, Jules, best game of all time? I mean, as a hockey fan, I gotta go with the Bruins. Game seven, Over the Leaves, twenty thirteen, Down four to one with ten minutes and forty two seconds left to go in the game, Nathan Horton scores for ten minutes, followed by two goals with the goalie pulled, trese Bergn scoring the tying goal, Leon Lucy's scoring the third goal, and then of course, the goat patrese Berger on in overtime, sending the Bruins onto the second round.
Speaker 5: What to come back? Go Bruins, Go Boston.
Speaker 1: Go pass later, Joel, Dude, I remember that game.
Speaker 3: That was a great game because we were out in Boston. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that wasn't in that was that was in Toronto or no, it was in Boston. He was in Boston.
Speaker 3: It was twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Was on their Cup run twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: He might be wrong, he might be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, it was eleven. I drank and I know I'm not supposed to, but Sean Thornton was hosting the Sir Stanley Cup, and I drank some beer out of it.
Speaker 3: I'm a big like stickler for like the sanctity and the cultural nature and the rules around the Stanley Cup. I think you being a super Bowl champion.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a super Bowl champion at the time.
Speaker 3: Oh well then fuck you.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Sir Stanley ignited.
Speaker 3: It was it twy thirteen. Maybe that was how they won the Stanley Cup that year. Man, we'll look it up here.
Speaker 1: Retired this year.
Speaker 3: We should get him on is he I wonder if he's still in Boston when we go to Boston. Maybe we can record some episodes. But this is this is a great game.
Speaker 1: Down on four to one down twenty eight to three, down three games to none. The fucking Boston don't.
Speaker 2: Sport, don't bet against Boston. Hell yeah, all right, let's get back to these all.
Speaker 1: Pierce, what did he shit his pets?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Boys?
Speaker 3: Okay, thirty to twenty one, let's see it.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it, baby, number thirty. Squish the Fish nineteen eighty five AFC Championship Patriots Dolphins with Gary Goleman number thirty. This one dropped seven spots in the rankings to bring us to a seven point five six.
Speaker 1: Totally man, what a hole?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 4: What six?
Speaker 1: Seven? Five?
Speaker 2: I get?
Speaker 3: What would I put?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 15: Two?
Speaker 2: Yeh A, you know, I'm a little Russian judge.
Speaker 1: Name is let's just squish the Fish.
Speaker 2: That's a great name. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It was like a huge thing for the Patriots after that. Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: It's not entirely fair to give that game all of Squished the Fish. Squish the Fish was kind of bigger and not just.
Speaker 1: That's where it started though, that's where originated.
Speaker 3: Yeah it might have. Yeah, yeah, a little low there. Now. I want to say I've been catching a lot of shit for being mister poopy pants on scores and look at these scores on Jack some bullshit.
Speaker 2: Hater Loki closeted hater number twenty nine, the almost tie game, This one twenty three spots, Sorry mad Max. Yeah, this was twenty twenty two Week eighteen Chargers Raiders.
Speaker 3: A short lived time in the top ten, short lived time.
Speaker 2: Hey you're there for a minute, yeah, dude, star power. I went hello, lo here, Sorry guys, why Jack hates Brandon Staley?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, that's a negative pointer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Peter Brandon Staley.
Speaker 1: Not every play caller is a good head. Coach's words, just how it goes.
Speaker 3: Principal words to live by.
Speaker 2: Number twenty eight Corey Dillon Marshall.
Speaker 1: I was saying, Marshall, fault, fault, love Corey Dillon Marshall, faulk Man batman thousand.
Speaker 2: Thousand, all right, the Double Doink twenty nineteen NFC Wild Card Game.
Speaker 1: I gave it eight Eagles Bears.
Speaker 2: It's a great name, great name.
Speaker 3: I got a nine three.
Speaker 2: I gave it a nine flat. Shout out to the Long Brothers. Just went down one spot in our rankings. So we were all pretty yeah, pretty much in a grand did they grade this one? They did?
Speaker 3: This was us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back in the day.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven star Power, I guess there was no quarterback, Yeah, Mitch t Wisky and then the was it Nick Falls? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven was the Super Bowl fifty six Rams Bengals. We did this one with Andrew Whitworth. The Farewell Andrew Whitworth twenty seven dropped ten spots to net us out at a seven point.
Speaker 1: Six four random hit it and quit it for the Rams, you know, and yeah sounds about right.
Speaker 3: It does spangles to Jack Jack with the two Jack you love thrown no name, that's true, but but I just went super hard on the new in there.
Speaker 2: Twenty six was the Cowboys Bills Super Bowl with Michael Irvin.
Speaker 3: How about them?
Speaker 2: How about them? Jimmy Johnson Man Mike Jackson on the halftime show.
Speaker 1: Wrote out, you wrote out a casino with Jimmy Johnson. That's all you hear?
Speaker 3: How about that? Is Jimmy Johnson a like a ring on his pinky.
Speaker 1: Knack, Because Jimmy Johnson one you right now has probably the most electric hairline I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, how is the year? Off camera?
Speaker 1: We went on and we did a survivor thing as a team like we did like the whole and Jimmy he was on Survivor, so like, if you take a look at Jimmy when he was on a Survivor like thirty years ago or twenty years ago, and now, I mean guy was like fooling it looked the same dude he was on the real Survivor. Oh, he was like a celebrity edition.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: This this game pretty far too.
Speaker 3: No change in ranking, another change. Wow, cool number twenty five. We're into the top half five, folks. All right, let's hurry through these.
Speaker 2: They can't wait. Game twenty eleven AFC Division Jets Patriots Rich Eisen dropped six spots.
Speaker 1: Negative six points, yeah, six negative.
Speaker 2: The fact that this is in the top twenty five irks me. Yeah, yeah, I will say I am guilty of using the gift of this sometimes with with Bart Scott saying that, but it pains me.
Speaker 1: It was pretty twenty badass to be a fucking team. Yeah, to go in in Foxboro beat the ship out of camp like that's I give him that. I tip your hat sometimes.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hit it and quit it, that was a Jets hit and quit a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't get to it.
Speaker 3: They've fouled it.
Speaker 2: And cream it. Yeah, something super Bowl twenty one Giants Broncosyla Phil Sims up number twenty four tylaw. Phil Sims was with us this episode. King Griffy also nice um. Yeah, a bit of a dominating win there by the Giants moved up six spots. Seven point seven to two seems a little high, but.
Speaker 3: It has the uh, We're going to disney World.
Speaker 1: This is I mean, this is the first We're going to disney World.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 3: What's it world or Land land Land?
Speaker 1: At the time, probably where was it at where was the game at?
Speaker 3: It was at the Road Rose, so it probably disney Land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a seven point seven to Moving on to the Michael Jordan the twenty three, twenty third ranked game La versus Montana nineteen ninety four, Week seven. Who cares, it's the regular season game, it's in the five.
Speaker 1: This is different.
Speaker 3: No, I agree.
Speaker 1: This is with Montana versus l Way Mount Monday Night football.
Speaker 2: Be there, B Square Television.
Speaker 3: Put on your starter jacket.
Speaker 1: When he retired, goat when he retired. Montana's last time playing Alway.
Speaker 2: This was the heck of a game.
Speaker 3: This only moved one only moved down one spot.
Speaker 2: Yep, going into mile high getting a big win. Number twenty two, two thousand and five NBA Finals Game fives Pistons with Robert Ry big shot Bob no change, seven point nine no change. Honestly thought this might have dropped just because it's a game five not a game seven. Feels a little weird being in the top twenty five, but went into overtime. Big shot Bob did big shot Bob things.
Speaker 3: Consistence all the way through, right, Like name, name is whatever, but like gameplay, star parstakes were all pretty in a good spot.
Speaker 1: Bob is a great name.
Speaker 2: It's a great name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we don't remember, I mean Robert Rory's remember for like for this game doing this Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: All the time put them in in the Hall of Fame. But twenty one was this to be our Fred Taylor game? Twenty one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, love Fred Taylor, your person. It was twenty one time. I mean it was in my email because of him.
Speaker 2: Twenty one is Super Bowl fifty three rams Patriots into three win Jules MVP. This is an eight point oh three Another note engine in the rank.
Speaker 1: Yeah that shit, Yeah, it's free.
Speaker 3: We're kind of holding in on some of these last ones. Uh, back to the hot line.
Speaker 2: Hot line, Let's see what the fans are saying.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is Zach from New Hampshire.
Speaker 8: My Homer pick for greatest game of all time, Week thirteen, two thousand and three, Patriots at Colts, Huge game. Patriots go up thirty one to ten, Colts come back tight up thirty one all and then of course the Pats make a goal line stand to end the game and ultimately get home field advantage and win their second Super Bowl in three years.
Speaker 5: Best game all time, sneak Pats.
Speaker 1: In category of regular season games. That's in there there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, those.
Speaker 1: Kind of cool comebacks goal line Stateley McGinnis games, guy, you got Brady Brady Peyton hie Peyton.
Speaker 3: Height of Brady Paton eight. Yeah. And this was before the dynasty, right, this only one.
Speaker 1: Super before he was Tom motherfucking Brady. You're a great tighter a lot.
Speaker 2: Of games, Uncle lens Stance.
Speaker 3: All right, let's hear another fans greatest game of all times?
Speaker 5: Great Hudson here, uh Collin about the greatest game? First off, longtime listener, first time caller.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to go with Fortnite original map, Risky.
Speaker 12: Rails, work away over the Lazy Lynks, occasional hots hot drop and tilted towers.
Speaker 5: Boys together, end of the day. Can't beat it.
Speaker 1: You are talking, my love are boys. I'm talking. That's the exact location you had to go. We were actually what was the one? I don't know when this thing first came out, before it became fucking way too crazy with the building and editing and all this shit. I was hooked on it. Oh my god, like four or five guys on the teams. I used to call Adam Butler because Adam Butler was Hella Good. I'd be like, yo, Adam, you on. He's like, yeah, man, let's go. Because previous regime, like previous older guys. We were playing cod But when this came out, the original map spectacular, who was in the TOD crew. Randy was in it?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, everyone was in it, this Ornberger, Shane, Veren, Tyler, Gaffney. But I remember when I was the younger, I was like one of the rookies and Randy would come play on with us, and you just you'd see Randy's guy in the fucking battle Royale, maybe looking at the sky and ship and Randy be oh man, this shit that looked good. And then fast forward to when I was the old guy playing these Fortnits with the fucking younger guys. I was just slapped dick. It's crazy, you're dick stick. I don't know if you're when you're born and you start out with three buttons. These kids, they're starting out with the triggers and stuff. You're Dexterity's developed quicker at a younger age.
Speaker 2: Time comes for everybody, Baby comes for everybody. Drug jugs for the boys.
Speaker 3: Though you could score this, score this game, would you score it? What's the star power? Steaks a Fortnite original map.
Speaker 1: Stakes should be low. Actually steaks at the time were high because when you gotta fucking win as with your boys for like the first time. I mean, I remember we all used to take pictures of it. You need to take a picture of the victory.
Speaker 2: Number one, victory number one victory. Roy Yeah, yeah, Fortnite, it's about to go.
Speaker 1: That be doing a little dance and shit.
Speaker 2: Emoting, oh my god, God, I want to play some Fortnite now.
Speaker 14: Pretty same of all time, in my opinion, is the Miracle in Motown, whatever it's called December third, twenty fifteen, the Packers were throwing late in the game.
Speaker 5: They ended up coming back and.
Speaker 10: Beating the Lion with the with the when time it's fired, we got to throw home Mary and won the game.
Speaker 5: Go pack Go.
Speaker 3: Thathing was like the double hill Mary December third.
Speaker 2: It won NFL Play of the Year award. Was it a twenty fifth hil Mary? Yeah? It was Aaron Rodgers yep, sixty one yard hill Mary passed the end zone, caught by tight end Richard Rodgers for the game win. He touchdown. That'd be a good one to do.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: Love a nice NFC North caampthough I hate when an NFC North game is played in Detroit because they all need to be outside, and I hate when it's like indoors late in the season.
Speaker 1: I completely disagree, even though I tore my a cl on Detroit and I hate that fucking field. But that new stadium, which is probably this this one, Yeah, the Ford. The Ford built in an old factory. It's like underground. It's fucking sick.
Speaker 3: So for indoor stadium spectrum it's still pretty bad.
Speaker 1: As yeah, yeah, you don't think it's like a I mean, you know the stadium was just like, A yeah, but it's like an old factory. They like. It's just I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: Which we're gonna have three out of four in a We're gonna have Bears will be indoors, Lions will be indoors, pack will be outdoors.
Speaker 3: Vikings indoors. They've always been in four indoors.
Speaker 1: Now it's cold out there.
Speaker 3: Bears.
Speaker 1: Aren't they doing a new one. They're doing a new stadium in Chicago. Are they making outdoors or indoors?
Speaker 2: I think it's indoors, is it?
Speaker 1: I thought that was one of the coolest stadiums. We played in Soldier Field. Soldier Field and they renovated it.
Speaker 3: So it looked like a UFO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looked awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it just felt cool like and I like, I don't know. There was a lot of it felt old, but it was kind of new.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like what they did with Fenway, where like the old charm, but it's like slightly more better amenities.
Speaker 9: A lot of time is the Patriots comeback versus the Atlanta Falcons and the super when they came back beat the Atlanta Falcons and Julian Adaman in that best catch in the game, and then Tom Brady threw for the rest of the touchdowns, and then they ran in for the Russian touchdowns to score and every time to win the game. And then then act year they went and then the next year they lost the Eagles with the step.
Speaker 3: The last part it makes you feel bad for swearing.
Speaker 1: How old is this?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It sounds like you just came in from playing though, Like it was that like still out of breath, Like, yeah, take a cue. Should we get a gatorade? You know, you get your whole story out at once.
Speaker 1: This is like going out and playing for a kid this day and agye, al right, he just got off a sweaty match a Fortnite and his mom gave him two seconds left to go out and fucking go out and eat dinner. And he's like, I gotta get this in real quick.
Speaker 2: Let me call this it, mom, I gotta call the games with the names outline on one. I like this guy.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 2: Call back gam buffs, Amen sonny d.
Speaker 3: Alright, twenty to eleven D the worst dream for you, No, sugar.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 2: We're in the top twenty Let's go Baby, Top twenty twenty The Iron Man Match Wrussell Maynor Man Match twelve, Shawn Michaels, Brent Hart from the Old Pond in Anaheim, California. Eight point Tyler dropping seven.
Speaker 1: Spots six seven Kyler, Yeah, sakes two.
Speaker 3: Point one Tyler, it's it's written.
Speaker 1: You know it's not.
Speaker 3: It's on. These are still higher than my two point one is still higher than Jack's two. Bullshit on every single game that doesn't have a cool name.
Speaker 2: Iman match, pretty good stakes or to to one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's they It was determined ahead of time. Bro, Are we including the stakes in the writer's room beforehand? Hey, what if we did the longest match out?
Speaker 1: What if we did this reel?
Speaker 2: Still gotta go and execute fucking.
Speaker 3: Real And that's why I gave the game play. They play one.
Speaker 2: Oh, very good, good point good point nineteen. We're inside the top twenty. Brandon Lafel, Brandon Lafel, We love you, Joe, Joe. Super Bowl fifty four, forty nine Ers Chiefs Heidi Gardner in the building. I know Jewles was in the building for that game. Dropped ten spots down in Miami, dropped ten spats sorry, Heidi. Eight point oh six was the total score. How does this feel, Fellas?
Speaker 3: That feels okay?
Speaker 1: It's the kickoff their dynasty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. We're catching a little bit of shit from our fans. And I think it's true that all the chief games that we cover are only from fans and not from players. So maybe that we might need to hit the the old talent booker. Get some chief players of this gance you talk about.
Speaker 1: Get Travis Kelsey on this bad boy.
Speaker 2: That'd be tight man. Maybe get Rashid Rice text over here.
Speaker 1: I text you.
Speaker 2: All right, soon too soon? All right?
Speaker 1: Take Travis. I didn't want to just fucking ask him. I say, you want to come hang out? Maybe? Then you know kind of yeah, well did he make when did he big time? He did big time? He said he was busy.
Speaker 3: He just he just signed a new deal, the highest paid ten and I don't think the numbers came.
Speaker 2: Out thirty four million. Yeah, but I don't know how many years that would be. Probably two years maybe, I think.
Speaker 3: Two years good for him. Hey, you know you manifest Jones will manifest. Travis Kelsey also, Patrick Patrick said he do it was just scheduling.
Speaker 1: I would love to get pat On and talk to him. I have a couple of stories. I would love to break down with Patrick Mahomes pre Patrick Mahomes at a Super Bowl together, hanging out as backup Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, and you got him before he was the man.
Speaker 3: Let's let's all like agree to have this show last long enough for when Andy Reid retires. We get him on here, because that would.
Speaker 1: Be Andy Reid would be awesome, awesome.
Speaker 3: What would you what would you do for the food spread? For Andy Reid food spread? I mean cheeseburgers comes to mind, Hawaiian shirts.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pass those nuggies, those little fingers.
Speaker 2: He's a gas great, he's a great actor.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you gotta go with the Schmorgesborg of just you gotta have a bunch of good handheld You gotta have like a fried chicken sandwich. You gotta have a burger. I'd even throw in like a great French dip. Maybe have like Hillstones or Houston's or R and D Kitchen. We get one of those, I mean a deviled egg or two.
Speaker 3: Like he he probably like your thing with devil leggs. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Those ones that Will Stones. I'm still thinking about them. I'm still thinking you.
Speaker 3: Are you actually still thinking about them? Okay?
Speaker 2: Alright, just checking eighteen Peyton Manning UFC two twenty nine, Kabebe McGregor eight point oh eight. We had Dana White and near with us doing that one.
Speaker 1: A lot of people love this this episode.
Speaker 3: We gotta do more.
Speaker 1: Fan favorite, one of the fan favorites.
Speaker 3: It's jumped fifteen spots, which I think deserve the deserve.
Speaker 1: Eighteen is a great number. Two, It is time.
Speaker 2: I love it. Seventeen the Philip Rivers game here the two thy eleven NBA Finals Game six, Mark Cuban dropped fourteen spots.
Speaker 1: What's the total score?
Speaker 2: The total score is now in eight point one to three from a nine point five. Still feels high.
Speaker 3: Dropped fourteen spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still feels games.
Speaker 3: The old rank was third too, so this feels maybe a little bit high, but it feels okay.
Speaker 2: Here we're on the right track. We're making progress.
Speaker 1: I mean that was a big that's a big upset beat those heat teams.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, big time.
Speaker 1: That was. That was a huge three guys in six games to very.
Speaker 2: Big big three number sixteen.
Speaker 1: Wide right, why Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Twenty five Bill's Giants. Tom Papa was in the studio with us reliving that one eight point three to the name is doing a lot of heavy lifting.
Speaker 1: Here the name is is it's I mean, we're still talking about here. Yeah, I just got to say one thing, Tom Papa. I went and did his show and he his podcast what's what is it called?
Speaker 3: Breaking Bread?
Speaker 1: Breaking Bread? And he bakes everyone a homemade loaf of bread.
Speaker 2: That's so kind thoughtful.
Speaker 1: Brought that loaf home and I cut it up for Lily in the morning for toast. She hadn't stopped asking about it. She goes, definitely have that bread. Uh, I'm not a guy that lies to the kid, you know. Well, you know I don't one of my friends one of this guys is he a friend a guy's podcast I went on to that gave me this bread. I don't think he can just make it for me every day as he goes, Dad, Well, I love that bread. It was a sour No, it was good, very good.
Speaker 2: God, Lily might have to get stop on the foot like that's a ringing endorsement.
Speaker 1: Hey, I walked in. So Tom has daughters, so I know he understands that it's tough when I can. I can't give my daughter a Tom Papa loaf of bread.
Speaker 2: Tommy, he might have to start marketing that stuff or selling it.
Speaker 1: Hold something, dude, that's that is awesome. That's a great present for people when they could like that. Takes time you think about that. That's stopful. It was, I mean it was spectacular.
Speaker 2: Now you're in a precarious situation though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I gotta learn how lie to my child. Thanks Papa, Bill Lie. Yeah, this Tom Papa's bread. No, it doesn't taste like a dad.
Speaker 2: Alright. Moving on number fifteen, The double comeback. Wow, twenty fourteen AFC Division run Ravens Paytrion.
Speaker 1: Little seems a little high, the double.
Speaker 2: Pass, the double comeback seems a little Yeah, I mean up twelve spots from last time. To me, this is like a top ten game for sure. Yeah, and eight point three to three.
Speaker 1: Over the divisional round game. Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, game plays great, star part is good and there's a legacy to it. Granted we are biased Patriot fans for sure, but as for a non Super.
Speaker 1: Bowl, people don't realize this was a this was a rivalry. Oh, this is a rivalry for a good seven eight years. Oh yeah, Ravens Patriots could have even been longer when before I was there, because Ray would always give us trouble for sure, But like they had no problem coming into Foxborough and playing us. They beat our ass in in Foxboro twice? Was it twice?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I remember the game was well two thousand and nine, and then there was another one they beat us. They beat us twice in Foxborough in the playoffs, So there was a lot of like, I don't know, maybe this is a bias, this is that's biased. I think could be a little low, or I think it should be closer to fifty. I think closer to one. It's I don't know what to say. Is the Highers are supposed to be lower.
Speaker 3: I think this is a good spot for it. Baltimore going into win New England is a lot like New England going into San Diego. We just have their fucking number. Don't give a ship, don't care about the seatings camp.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta empty the playbook on that one.
Speaker 1: That's not a good comp because San Diego never beat us like we still beat Yeah, I guess Ravens would beat us.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking of having a dig super deep in.
Speaker 1: I mean we played we played the San Diego Super Chargers in an AFC championship with like a depleted team. What was the score thirty seven to fucking six? When every person on TV had the charge It came into Fox and it was cold like they lost before the game even started. It was a January game. No, they're not the Ravens Patriots.
Speaker 3: I'm saying. I'm not saying that the rivalry is the same. I'm saying the fact of a lower ranked team coming into But I guess the big difference is New England is generally hostile where Qualcom was never really a hostile.
Speaker 1: Actually Qualcomb got hostile, did it? Yeah? Did we played there in what thirteen? That's what sparked the run for us to go win the Super Bowl that year or fourteen when we went out and lost to the Packers and we stayed in San Diego for a week that play. Dude, Chargers fans love Chargers like the San Diego Chargers. I know they don't love the La Chargers anymore, but there was a charm about going to San Diego. Those people in San Diego, at least it was a shithole fucking stadium. I mean the locker room. Yeah, you're shitting with dudes right next to you, no stall things like, it's so weird when you're you're shitting next to the dude and you're both wiping, and one's a lestian and one's are righty, so you have to look at each other while you're shitting. You know, tough. That is pregame. I guess it's an intimidation factor. Yeah, oh my god. But they had they fans loved it there. That's all I got to.
Speaker 2: Say on the toy that talking about pardon my great grass, love the grass, sixty nine yard touchdown if I.
Speaker 3: We're we're a big.
Speaker 1: Fans Gronk talk. We talked about that, I think with Gronk. Remember yep, we manifested that fucking play because I have manifested it for Gronk because I knew it would be a sixty nine yard touchdown. So I'm like, Gronk, let's hit that sixty nine yard touchdown. I just so happen't got it all right?
Speaker 2: Fourteen The Drug Game nineteen ninety two NBA Finals Game one, Blazers versus Bulls with Mitchell a recent episode dropped nine spots in the rankings. Eight point three seven overall. The name is doing a lot of heavy lifting on the YAH and finals and the finals.
Speaker 1: And Jordan's George. I mean, that's been my first gaming. That was a meme before memes were even big.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, feels right.
Speaker 3: It feels right. Thirteen Damn Rena Marino the.
Speaker 2: Bush push, Oh five week six usc vers Notre Dame. Oh, this one hurts, but eight point thirty nine.
Speaker 3: This feels high. It moved on a five. The name does a lot of a lot of the lifting.
Speaker 1: Name does the lifting on this the stakes. They were on a huge winning streak at the time.
Speaker 3: Star Power gameplay was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a great call. This was a great college football shout out.
Speaker 2: Charlie Weiss YEP number twelve, Tom Brady eighteen and one, Oh boy, super Bowl thirty five thirty seven, Jack, you sunk this.
Speaker 3: He's skunk.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate this game, Patriots first Giant.
Speaker 3: Jack gave it a one on gameplay.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest omer. You fucking skunk. I'm sorry, Homer. Eight point four to seven. Still almost in the time dates.
Speaker 3: This should be higher.
Speaker 1: This should be closer to one, Jack, So now we know where the lack.
Speaker 3: Of integrity has been this whole time.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a Homer score just right next.
Speaker 1: I can't even get mad at Giants fans when they say shit to us.
Speaker 3: No, it's just they did it.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't even a part of that one. And that's what people.
Speaker 3: We're two one like.
Speaker 1: I like, I was on freaking college, bro, But you guys did get me when I was in the league too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I got it in seven and get lucky.
Speaker 3: I gotta say I hate this game as like a Patriots fan, but this episode was pretty cathartic and listening to Teddy Bruski and then also thinking of it from the perspective that had the Patriots won, this game might not created the Second Dynasty. It might have just shifted what Tom Brady was about, how much he wanted to do what he wanted to you know. So I think that there's some compelling evidence that would you trade this for the Second Dynasty? Probably not from my perspective. So there's a cathartic the city.
Speaker 1: He would trade it for two Super Bowls? I think? Yeah? Yeah, Number eleven Honestly, sticks.
Speaker 2: Drew number eleven we're almost in the top ten two thousand and three AFC Championship colts for his Patriots.
Speaker 1: Fun and.
Speaker 3: You know, go back to high low and ha, that was a fun episode.
Speaker 2: That was a fun episode.
Speaker 1: Clock shot a clock, Jesus, it's eleven o'clock.
Speaker 3: This dropped nine places, which I think feels right. ASC Championship game gameplays whatever.
Speaker 2: Yep, but we're almost in the top ten.
Speaker 3: Stay yeah, okay, back to the hotline break. We're going to talk about a little bit of game rerecks here now though, shift the shift of the hair.
Speaker 5: Let's do it, baby, Hey, games with me. This is the advice line. Well, I got some advice for you guys. You gotta keep doing all these games. And we all watched on TV. Wants some insider information.
Speaker 9: What's an insider backs and shift that we don't know?
Speaker 5: Let me these kids back and having a good time.
Speaker 14: We know all that we were watching the game two.
Speaker 2: We know how they.
Speaker 14: Thought we could probably go way back on nineteen ninety.
Speaker 5: Super Bowl.
Speaker 14: Red Wood City forty nine top some maper Bill h top some weird team and text I don't remember his name's schedules. We get some of the old ball coaches on them. Maybe we get Frank on all right, and Kyler, let's let's line up the beer. Huh, if you're gonna be on the the show, Okay, let's give a little, just a little.
Speaker 5: Clippers to that thing. Don't even get me started on old Jackie bird Watcher. All right, that's just my yo, you boy, rock rock.
Speaker 1: For next bro, Jock Jackie bird b Bro?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: Kyler? I got hired people, Dude, he ripped on me, He ripped on me.
Speaker 2: I got a couple of birds for you.
Speaker 3: The reason I have a bird so I don't have to shave.
Speaker 2: I'll hit you with that.
Speaker 3: Let's not bury the lead a little foreshadowing. Oh yeah, shadow Maybe maybe Frank might come on.
Speaker 1: Maybe had a Frank episode in the bank, coming.
Speaker 3: Here soon, here today, and maybe we're recording this soon. Who knows.
Speaker 2: All right, Rocky'll be fun.
Speaker 5: Jules and Jackie, what's up? Boys? Got a game for you?
Speaker 15: March twenty six, nineteen ninety seven, Joe Louis Arena Darren McCarty. That's best I could do for that part. But one of the greatest fights in NHL history. It was a big lead up from a dirty hit that was on Chris Draper earlier in the season, and the Wings were just waiting for this moment for a very very long time, and they got their moment then.
Speaker 5: All hell broke loose.
Speaker 15: And I think it would make a great games with names. Jarre McCarty would probably be the guy to interview and huge fan. Love what you guys do with the pod. Keep up the good work and hopefully soon enough we'll see this red when Javolan on the thanks those take care.
Speaker 2: I like that old school hockey Tyler.
Speaker 3: Tyler should no, no, no, there's a little bit of a there's a bit of a grassroots not campaign, but this is a sneaky under the radar people wrecking this game because the Avalanche and the Red Wings of this era are both very good, and it's also like old school hockey where its like Darren McCarty like toothless.
Speaker 1: Gotta check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this would love a lot of fights. This would be a fun game. I don't necessarily love this as the representation of NHL, but this is a fun time. These are fun teams and this is a crazy game. We should do that at some point.
Speaker 5: Week one, two thousand and nine, Patriots versus Bills.
Speaker 10: Brady's looking a little shaky.
Speaker 5: He's got that EHL injury. Is it gonna all effect?
Speaker 12: For this affected them for most of the game, didn't affect him with the last minute sixteen where he threw two touchdown passes.
Speaker 1: The Ben Watson lets that game up and everyone in.
Speaker 12: New England's always buying Leotis McKelvin a drink for his return out of the end zone for some damn reason. Tools love the show, Jack Tyler love a guy to keep it up.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, that'd be a fun game. We got to get scared. Weather forced that fumball on the dude. I remember this game because I tore I uh I housed to punt Week one in the in the preseason, and so week two in the preseason, I get a really bad high ankle spring. So I'm sitting there like I'm not making the team, so it you know what I mean, because you can't make the club in the tub, and I was in the tub and the whole week before it cuts. Billy O'Brien's fucking with me, like because he knew I was gonna make the team. But he he knew that I didn't think I was gonna make the teams like man cut these like he would just say some ship like that, get me all fucking scared, And so I make the team. But I didn't dress for this game, so I was at home watching the game, and that was the first experience I saw of like Tom Brady doing some Tom Brady shit. Like we were down two touchdowns like a fucking minute ago in the game. We talk, you know, like it was his first game back from the ACL There's some things, you know, offense wasn't going great. But when it was net cut and time Tom hit Watson on those two bangers down the middle of the field against covered two. I was watching on this, I was like, oh my god, this is so crazy among this team, Like fuck, it was nuts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we gotta do that.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. We do. We are getting to a problem where we have a lot of Patriots fans and players and we're like having to like allocate which games are going to who and and this kind of stuff. So it's good to have some more like like more like oral history of fun Patriots games in the In the next all right, last game.
Speaker 10: Wreck, Julian, I want to hear some of the biggest games of your child But what were some of the games that left an impression on you. I know you grew up in the Bay Area. Calla you Niners fan. I'm a Niners fan. I want to hear what's some of the biggest games to you when you were growing up? Probably the Niners NFC championship of ninety three ninety four. I think those would be awesome games with names Intestine. So I don't know, I'd love to see some Niners games out there. All right, you have a good night, bye.
Speaker 1: Definitely gotta get some Niners games on. I got a Niner game that just always sticks out, especially in my childhood, is one. It was in the divisional round against the Packers. Packers Niners used to meet every year in the divisional round and Brett fav would send us home. And this was the year trow AND's t O goes and he had a couple drops early in the game, and then it was like the last play of the game, Steve almost stumbles, fucking zings it to fucking down the middle of the field to to t O catches it gets banged twice in the end zone. Game Like that's the one game I remember as a.
Speaker 3: Kid that was like, oh shit, is that the catch to game?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 1: It was the one where he caught in the middle, down the middle of the field and we finally beat freaking the Packers. I think we won the super Bowl and then we didn't win the Super Bowl out here was a later one, but it was insane. We got We're definitely gonna get some No, it was it was Steve Young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some from that era, that era.
Speaker 1: I would love to get Roger Craig. I would love to get like Tom Rathman, Bren Jones. We're gonna get Montana here. I'm gonna do whatever we can to get Montana. He'll be fun. And I've met him a couple of times and he's just fucking Joe cool. I mean, my dog was named after him. So like, we're gonna get some Niner games. That's a promise. That's an absolute problem.
Speaker 3: Love that. Okay, let's reveal the U the top ten of games with names extravaganza.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, here we go, drum roll please. Number ten The Wheelchair A game the two thousand eight NBA Finals Game one, Celtics versus Lakers. We had Paul Pierce on this clock's in at an eight point five to six.
Speaker 3: Feels right, jumps up eighteen spots, jumps up.
Speaker 1: Eighteen top ten game.
Speaker 2: Come on, we're in playoff season. We're all Celtics homers, so that probably accounts for a little bit of us.
Speaker 3: But he'm not a Celtics summer all right, Celtic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're everybody else but Kyler Celtics owners.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's got a lot of cachet to it. It does a high stakes environment. There's a cultural component. It's kind of sports lore, yes, more so maybe than just pure.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a lot of backstory of what really happened that everyone's got a take on. So you're right that it lives on in lore. That adds a lot to the score. Number nine immaculate reception nineteen seventy two AFC Divisional Round Raiders at Steelers, Terry Bradshaw. This comes in at an eight point five to six drops one spot gameplay. I heard this one a little bit. It was low scoring a little bit ugly, but we all remember the the epic last play there.
Speaker 1: Franko Harris, Yeah, I mean this play. Everyone knows the name of this game. This game, This is a historic game.
Speaker 2: Another elevator pitch type game. This could be the game with the name for sure.
Speaker 1: Literally this one the casual Franco alright, and it was a great We had a great episode with Terry. I mean that was like one of our first seventies guys, you know that, like the unbelievable stories.
Speaker 2: Terry is a fucking pro pro. He got he was the best, awesome guy, awesome episode. Hopefully we can get Terry.
Speaker 1: Terry did bust Brady's balls that he didn't come on my podcast yet. Yeah, Terry did say, man, he was really impressed with you know, the games and names Crew Leah everyone like how he came in. It was pro bang bang and we did get you know, we did get him.
Speaker 2: Fright.
Speaker 1: That's where Fried Chicken in the city.
Speaker 3: That was so good.
Speaker 1: What was that fried Chicken spot? Honey Kettle?
Speaker 3: It's very good.
Speaker 1: Hit the comment sections la, what's best fri Chicken spot in l A Hell, Yeah, don't give me that, Roscoes, that's a lazy answer. It's a lazy answer.
Speaker 3: Number eight, number eighth.
Speaker 2: Patriots Rams super Bowl thirty six. This is with Ernie Adams, The Greatest Show on Turf.
Speaker 3: R I P.
Speaker 2: The Dynasty is born. An overall score of eight point five nine.
Speaker 3: Two spots top ten ten.
Speaker 1: This, I mean, this is a great game. Ye, I mean this is a we shocked the world. I mean no one thought they had a shot.
Speaker 2: Nope, not a shot in hell. Double digit underdog coming into.
Speaker 1: The double digits. That's never been done. Double digit underdog to won the Super Bowl. Maybe the eighteen to one actually that.
Speaker 2: Was a yeah, they double It could have been points, but I think it was ten. You're right, Yeah, introduced as a team Brady, the Brady legend is born. Here feels fair. Number seven super Bowl twenty four Titans Verse.
Speaker 3: That's not twenty four thirty four thirty four.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was with Kurt Warner the game.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the Reach game, I was a fucking electric ending. Yeah, point six zero one and that that was a great game.
Speaker 3: That was a great game.
Speaker 1: I mean they made that whole story with Kurt, how he came in and like took over that team, and that team we don't even talk about defense. Defense, fucking phenomenal. London Fletcher ever missed a play in Football Love London Fletcher, and.
Speaker 2: The game even got referenced in Castaway. So you know it's got to be good.
Speaker 3: He gets it's only it's only it's only one hundredth of a point. We're cutting hair is now, it's only one hundredth of a point between the patriotsreav Actually all three of these games within point zero four points of each other. Like we're getting into the nitty gritty.
Speaker 2: Umber six six the Statue of Liberty Games. Wow, two thousand and seven for Suo Boise State versus Oklahoma with Jared Zabranski nineteen eight spots, Peterson up nineteen spots. We all realized this was ranked a little bit too low previous.
Speaker 1: Now this this was this is our highest college game real seeds.
Speaker 3: I think it should it probably will be thinking it should games we've done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should be that.
Speaker 3: I mean this this or until we do two thousand and five USC texts, which was.
Speaker 1: The same No, it was two thousand and five, or is it two thousand.
Speaker 3: And seven, No, it was a two thousand and five. It was two thousand and five, I think because the Bush Push was that year. Yeah, but it's close in the same era.
Speaker 1: Because this also had a really good national championship.
Speaker 3: This this Bowl season was in Oshkahoma, Florida. This is Tim Tebowe.
Speaker 1: This was USC Tech Texas beat them, Yeah, the same year.
Speaker 3: This is two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the game from hold On Yeah, but then the seven year was also the Toasty I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you this was the same It was on the same card of the bull season, because it could be one of those crazy two thousand and six two thousand and seven games, because I don't think it played in two thousand and seven, but it was a year in two thousand and five the usc USC won the Natty and then two thousand and six they lost, but they played in two thousand and seven, because it's so this is this is on the same card.
Speaker 2: The really good Vince Young game is on this card. No, it was five.
Speaker 3: It's the five season played in two thousand and six, right, this is.
Speaker 2: The six season played in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: This is the next year.
Speaker 2: Is the next year, so then that game was going to be floor that year. So then the two thousand and seven national title. It's confusing because it looks like it's also sponsored by Toasty, but it is not. The Fiesta Bow Yeah, which was also presented by Tostitos. This was the two thousand and seven Tostitos BCS National Championship game, in which Florida whooped Ohio State. Yeah, forty one to fourteen.
Speaker 3: And the Broncos were the years the Boise State team was the only undefeated team that year.
Speaker 2: Either way, good game, worthy of being there.
Speaker 1: That's a great game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is awesome game. I also think from a like stakes perspective, this is a game that has stakes that exist beyond like the actual championship, right because this is mid major at the time, small school.
Speaker 1: But also a lot of in the other another fashion, Oklahoma could be sitting there like fuck, why are we in the Natty? Absolutely so, they didn't play their hardest. This was pre like guys didn't play in bowl games.
Speaker 3: But we talked about Adrian Pearson. He said he wanted to go. I'll win.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You could also make a case that games like this really start laying the groundwork for what we have now in college football, which is a playoff. Yeah, a twelve team playoff. Because look, here's a bullshit wax.
Speaker 1: Team playoff between professional teams.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, these guys over here, So I love this is my personal favorite game. I think this is a great place for I think you know, I'm glad that it got the twenty the nineteen spread game jump because it deserves to be here.
Speaker 1: Great game.
Speaker 2: And now the moment you've all been waiting for, Top five, Top five, number five on the list of greatest games of all time so far on our hunt is the nineteen ninety nine Women's World Cup China for the United States, played at the Rose Bowl. Did a lot for women's soccer, did a lot for soccer in America. Brady Chastain All time sports moment eight point seventy three total score.
Speaker 1: This literally because this was I was playing soccer in the early nineties. Our men's soccer team wasn't doing nothing. Nope, these girls were rock stars. Like especially playing in China. There was a holes. Wasn't there some shit going on with us in China at that? Yeah? It was a big always it was a in China. It's US, China, US Russia. Anytime pro sports are involved, it gets it, gets above and beyond, gets above and beyond, and took her shirt off in the nineties. It's ain't it's ain't wap right now, that ship's all right.
Speaker 3: But it was also it wasn't even about like taking her that was the celebration that all the guys were doing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but you know what I mean, that's why it sprung board. Yeah, I think it's sprungboard women's sports in general, you know, especially with what's going on with absolutely like we've been unstoppable since then. I mean, I know they show a couple of times but they had a hard la but like that was also political and like the team, but like they probably they had to play the older girls. That's how that's how it goes.
Speaker 3: It also speaks to the growth of women's sports on a whole that there's more parody. At this time it was just China US back and forth.
Speaker 1: And Canada was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like now is more yeah, and that team was stacked. I had a sister that played soccer that me and.
Speaker 1: Him Garcia Papara, weren't they.
Speaker 3: Married, And my sister was at ten at what their kids are up to. They gotta be athletes, they gotta be getting to be college now.
Speaker 1: Later two studs. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: When this women's team played at Gillette, it was like transformative experience for New England girls at this time. My sister was like, oh my god, me, him looked at me. It was like looking at fucking John Lennon. It was crazy. So this is a great place for this game. And it was a great game too, even though it was you know, zero zero's American I count.
Speaker 1: But in soccer that's yeah. It was back and so forth.
Speaker 3: There's nothing more stakes than penalty kicks in like World Cup soccer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, ready for four?
Speaker 2: Are we ready for two thousand and four? ALCS Game four Yankees Red Sox, the game that started one of the greatest comebacks in postseason baseball.
Speaker 1: Is wow baseball?
Speaker 2: Hitting top five, big, poppyppressive, eight point eighty eight on the total score.
Speaker 1: I mean, this was a This was a legendary game.
Speaker 3: Is Boston New York Boston one hundred year like rivalry and this whole snake butt thing.
Speaker 1: Whole base when he left for the Yankees to do this to the Yankees, awesome.
Speaker 3: This Red Sox team was like, but the cow this is the cowboy up year, all rag tag Johnny Damon with long hair and a beard versus the shaved Yankees, the underdogs. And then and then not only is it an underdog like just Yankees versus Red Sox, actually how the series played out. Going down, oh the three, there was just another level of a comeback on top of a comeback.
Speaker 1: That's probably top two, top three comebacks of all comebacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no doubt about it. I think this is a great place for this one. It just needs it doesn't need a good nickname. But I think that like it is when you.
Speaker 1: Get in the comments section, we need to know what the nickname. We need a good name for this game.
Speaker 3: But this game, much like the ninety nine Woman's World Cup, is that it doesn't really it's just like you just know it and it just impacts there.
Speaker 1: But everyone does know. Two thousand and four A cls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Roberts.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 2: Ye, so clutch number three. Getting down to it, the Malcolm Butler and Butler Seattle versus New England the Super Bowl. Who we had a call about it earlier in the episode. You know it feels right, I think up seventeen spots. By the way, Yeah, it's worth noting.
Speaker 1: At the time when this Super Bowl was in the books, this was the largest comeback in a super Bowl and that ending. I mean, we'll remember this game for the rest of life because of Malcolm's interception, Like that is. That is a crazy, crazy ending.
Speaker 2: It really is. I mean, like unheralded guy at the time to the top of the sports world, Like that's.
Speaker 3: What makes sports great.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tom getting is you know, getting back on the on the train and he went ten we went ten years, that went a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's just insane. Ten years that'll never happen again.
Speaker 3: And I think sometimes with games like this where there's a specific moment if you look at the immacuate reception, like it was kind of a whatever game until that big iconic play. This game had an iconic play with the Malcolm Butther interception. But also it was a great game back and forth. I mean it was.
Speaker 1: It was a back and forth slug fest that catch the defense. Yeah, I mean there was a lot of crazy ship that went down in this game. Great fight at the end as we're fight Bennett and wrong.
Speaker 3: Maybe some slight new in the bias on our end here. I think is I think time will look really favorite on this game.
Speaker 2: People. It's I mean, it's all time for me.
Speaker 1: So there could be other games that are better. You haven't done them yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yet, great point, amen, good caveat with Yet this is also our first game that enters the nine club. This was a nine point eight previously eight point eight eight on the ALCS game. So we're the nine. The Snowmen were yep, three Snowmen. Shout out, young jeezy uh Number two, number two, we are close to one. We can almost smell it. Number two twenty to Super Bowl fifty one Falcons Patriots nine point two three. Tough to beat that biggest comeback in super Bowl history. We think, up fourteen spots, up fourteen spots. That's I like that part.
Speaker 3: Jack, You almost gave it a perfect score.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, really really really close.
Speaker 1: I mean against all the odds and for everything to happen, for that to happen, I mean that. I don't think that'll ever be done like that again.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, gotta bule, gotta believe.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a hell of a story.
Speaker 1: It was a fucking hell of a story. I mean, look, it's number two on the fucking list deservedly.
Speaker 3: So if I can be on brand and be slight poopy pants for a second, I will say there's an argument here to be made that gameplay isn't quite as good as it feels. And the reason I say that is because it wasn't back and forth per se like let's say the Seahawks Patriots game.
Speaker 1: It was, yeah, but there was driving by the offense and then all of a sudden a mistake or an interception or a fumble, which you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 3: For sure, and I gave it a nine to eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the reason I didn't give it a ten is because it was almost like two blowouts. Not quite because there's stakes involved in time whatever, but it was almost like Falcons time than Patriots time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gave it a you give it an eight. Nine, I gave it even more. But great game, amazing game, amazing game.
Speaker 2: And now, ladies and gentlemen, what's number one? The moment we've all been waiting for. We're unveiling our new number one from the first fifty games on our quest. Yeah, the Super Blood wolf Moon game, the twenty eighteen AFC Championship game. Patriots go into Arrowhead and beat the Mahomes Chiefs on their way to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: This is like a passing of the Torch game.
Speaker 2: It sure is a nine point three nine.
Speaker 3: Now it didn't change position, so this is the same. The old one is the new one, but I think you nailed at Jewels. Why this game is the number one, It's because it's two dynasties but butting each other up, butt each other boys, back to back. It's cot game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what movies that from Dick the Butch Boys. It's like a it's gotta be full metal Jacket or something.
Speaker 3: Star power off the charts here, We'll look back a lot of Hall of famers here.
Speaker 1: This is insane. This was a fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: Game, great gameplay, legends, the stakes.
Speaker 1: Are back and forth over time changed the rule because of it that Kyle Shanahan didn't bring over with his team, and I'm a Kyle Shanahan fan.
Speaker 3: It also meant a lot, like talk about buying, it meant a lot personally for all of us too.
Speaker 2: I mean every play in that third down like it was hanging on like like third downs, like.
Speaker 1: High scoring but great defensive plays.
Speaker 2: Incredible Romo was like on fire in the booth.
Speaker 3: That was peak Romo, peak Romo, peak Romo, peak Romo in Arrowhead breath coming out, Lam's eyes.
Speaker 1: Pointer in the eye.
Speaker 3: It's great game. And I think let's you know, because it was only you know, six years ago. But I think that as time goes on and Patrick Mahomes adds to his resume, let's say he gets a few more whatever, he's starting to get in the conversation of greatest quarterback of all times not just in performance but also in you know, resume. Now that because it's Brady versus Mahomes, that you you don't have Tom playing Joe Montana, right, you don't have Peyton Manning playing Joe Montana, right. So you look back and you have Tom right now, the unquestioned goat. Maybe we don't know in ten fifteen years where Patrick Mcheer's Patrick Mahomes's career goes that, maybe this is kind of like a great against great.
Speaker 2: Amen and for Pat in his first year as a starter to make it to the AFC Championship game and push the goat to the brink like that, that's that's a testament. And got to tip my hat to Rob Riggle aka Ron Ribble coming in here as a chief, diehard and doing a chief's heartbreaking aws. Yeah, we respect that.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's I mean, he's integrity.
Speaker 1: He's a marine.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's a marine.
Speaker 1: He's a marine. And can I just that's a man of integrity, a man.
Speaker 3: I know we started off contentious today, but now I stand by our top fifteen.
Speaker 1: I stand I still got some whatever is, but yeah, I'll stand by it.
Speaker 3: Nothing's perfect cool so good list, good list. Everyone that was that was good stand by this good Yeah.
Speaker 1: And to wrap up this rescoring is stravaganza. We're gonna be giving out some awards now, the old Gamies.
Speaker 16: The inaugural Gaming Awards, what highly coveted we got the Gamies Participant Trophy and Participation Trophies. Kyler, why don't you break down what our gaming awards are going to be.
Speaker 3: They're just some you know, fun bullshit, just fun bullshit. Well, I don't want to there's no more substance than that about you know, the fifty games we've done before. Do you want to start with the if anyone can guess, but the Mark Cuban Award for Worst Guest Score is the nominees are big cat for giving any score for the TB twelve Championship, particularly the star power was quite high. Reggie Bush for stakes of a regular season game against Fresno State a little high, Pat Hill Play and Mark Cuban, of course, Mark Cuban could be nominated for the Mark Cuban Award for Worst Guest score and perhaps the impetus for this entire episode.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, we got to take off? Is he not an owner anymore?
Speaker 2: He's a part owner? Okay, yeah, it's not controlling stake, I don't think And who does?
Speaker 1: The winner go to.
Speaker 3: Mark Cuban, Mark Cuban, but your initial the First Game Award for Mark Cuban, Let's go. You want to do the next one?
Speaker 2: And our next one? Also named after an illustrious guest, the Ernie Adams Award for Most Knowledgeable Celebrity Fan.
Speaker 1: This was tough.
Speaker 2: I mean everybody could have been nominated, but the nominees are Gary Goleman from The Squish the Fish Game, Heidi Gardner from Super Bowl fifty four, and Eric stone Street from Montana versus.
Speaker 3: L Way know. Ernie Adams, you can't be he's not a celebrity fan more.
Speaker 2: In the coaching category, drum roll please, and.
Speaker 1: The winner is Eric stone Street.
Speaker 2: A man that knows ball, a man that loves offensive line play, a man that has been a season ticket holder since I don't know when, and is now a sweet owner. Sweet owner, sweeth holder, I mean sweet seed. I want to I want to see this week Eric, Eric. In exchange for this award, please invite us to a game. We can be bought, and we can be bought, we can definitely be watched. Great nickname giver.
Speaker 3: Great nickname giver, also wildly connected.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you wanted to suit up at guard for a game, I bet Andy might let him like he runs.
Speaker 3: I actually think you said that he can maybe get on the headset or call some players in the preseason good two degree good two degree. Yeah, not unless Goodell takes away that third preseason game. That talk he said, get rid of the third, make it a regular season. Two preseasons, eighteen regular super Bowl on Memorial We.
Speaker 1: Just had fifteen quarterbacks gone last year.
Speaker 2: For football less regular let's go speaking.
Speaker 1: Of great injuries. CET Award for Julian's worst pronunciations.
Speaker 2: You want me to read the juels, You got it, you got it. The nominees are Rod Ribble, Major.
Speaker 3: Apple would that's a multi episode one.
Speaker 1: That's a multi episode, multi year.
Speaker 3: Also major Apple White, just white white white.
Speaker 2: There's an apple Wood pizza where I grew up that I liked, not speak confused with the smoke bacon.
Speaker 3: As well or apple Bee's or apple Bee's and.
Speaker 2: Our third nominee Bart Brett and Bort I believe.
Speaker 3: That's a Simpsons jokes.
Speaker 1: Sorry, and the winner.
Speaker 3: By the way, there is numerous honorable mentions for this one.
Speaker 2: For sure, this list could have been category with you know, hundreds and the winner is.
Speaker 1: Rod was pretty bad right on?
Speaker 3: Awesome, moving on, I'll do this the leon Let Awareness Award for not comprehending the premise of the show. The nominees or thy Law granted alcohol was involved there, Shady McCoy and Bert and the winner goes to drum.
Speaker 2: Roll Shady nice, he came in and made it his show.
Speaker 3: We like it, yeah, and Bill sucks.
Speaker 1: Yep, he's still holds on. He still thinks it. Walking by each other right up in that all way at Fox when he's I'm going then there doing Colin Coward, he's doing about to get ready for speak. We'll literally argue the fifteen to twenty paces up and down these stairs the whole time until he goes to his show, until.
Speaker 3: I go to my show. Does he walk slow in the hall? Does he have the running back walk?
Speaker 1: Not a crazy slow running back walk because he's out. I think, you know, it's different, and we were also, you know he was. We also had some time limits. We had to get to live TV. Can't be late.
Speaker 2: A little pepping that step, hey, pepping that step? And are we doing this last one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's today.
Speaker 2: The Sam Morrell Memorial Award for Best Future your guest, Sam, we love you. Your legacy on the show will always live on, and especially live on through this physical manifestation. That is a Gamey award, and the nominees are Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady, maybe a future Yes, who knows, who knows.
Speaker 3: We're manifesting.
Speaker 2: We're manifesting this week.
Speaker 1: Will manifest this. Bill Belichick Coach B.
Speaker 3: Coach B famously famous when on Pat McAfee.
Speaker 1: Show Social Butterfly. Now, man, he's gonna be at the roast. I heard, boy, maybe did you watch.
Speaker 3: Him on the draft or now a little bit here and there? Yeah, he smiled, Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch out a protest.
Speaker 3: I watched the I watched the Drake maypick. I just wanted to hear what he had to say and then I changed.
Speaker 1: I mean, he gave a talent evaluation. That's what talent evaluators will say. People are all busting his balls.
Speaker 3: Oh that was bullshit, you all right? He gave pros and cons to everyone, but everyone picked the story. It sound media is but not a Games with Names. We celebrate players in ways.
Speaker 1: We celebrate coaches that won't come into our shows.
Speaker 2: And the final nominee in this category is the man himself, Sam Satamore. Drumroll please, the winner for our final game of the night.
Speaker 3: We gotta get him on.
Speaker 2: Just like Eli Manning, Sam beat out two great Patriots when it mattered most. Sam.
Speaker 3: We love your brother.
Speaker 1: We love you, Sam, we love.
Speaker 3: I would like to have him come on and we learn more about him as a person than not just Dick jokes.
Speaker 2: Dick jokes.
Speaker 3: And that's our postcast segment, best Dick jokes of all time.
Speaker 2: It is great segue.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, there ain't no post Dix picks National g graphic bird watching Jackie. Jackie got all excited.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was frothing at the foam. Whoa voeming at them? Oh my god, champion at the bit cut that cut that well.
Speaker 1: That was fun. There we go, we that it was fun. That's been another episode of Games with Names, Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you listen to podcasts, Comment a game you want.
Speaker 2: Us to do and remember rate review.
Speaker 1: Remember to follow games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat. Leave a message on the hotline at four two four two nine one two two nine zero. We will see you guys next week.
Speaker 3: Tell us why we were wrong again.
Speaker 1: Games and Names is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.