Speaker 1: Coming up again, Love Podcast.
Speaker 2: It's list making season and we're gonna start with Madden Boom. Also, the ESPN quarter century team is out, and we.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of people that I have to say, like why is my name that on the list?
Speaker 1: Throw it out, tues it out right.
Speaker 4: Also, watch this and then join us tonight at Duffy.
Speaker 3: Capitol Hill, Baby, eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: How are you doing? Everyone? It is to get loud podcasts for anybody.
Speaker 2: Seat Geek the official primary ticketing partner of your Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: Find tickets, commander's.
Speaker 1: Games and more at Seat Geek.
Speaker 2: Smooth jinks, and Yes, tonight's the night this it is. Come hang out with us tonight, eight o'clock. Duffy's Irish Pub, Capitol Hill, dud Duff, We're going live. Yes, we duff and they have apparently I have not had these. I've been there for drinks.
Speaker 4: I haven't had the famous Chesapeake style wings.
Speaker 1: Old Baby.
Speaker 3: Can you say Old Bay? All right? Mostly differently, sir buddy.
Speaker 2: I will eat wings anytime a day, multiple times a week.
Speaker 1: I love buffalo wings.
Speaker 3: You know what, how do you even know the story how they became Buffalo wings.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know it came from the city of Buffalo, definitely, okay. And they started to serve these wings. And then one day with the shell accidentally put sauce on the wings. Somebody asks for it on the side, sauce on the wings, and they start to come back and get those wings over and over and over, and now it's a whole industry.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I respect the Buffalo wings, but I will never buy so low to say that boneless wings exist. It's a chicken tender, all right, No nugget, it comes from breast meat. Right, there's a chicken tender. There's no such thing as a boneless wing because they't no bonless chickens walking around here.
Speaker 1: It's a chicken tender remained.
Speaker 3: Remember hashtag rebranding itself right from pound to hashtag. I remember that. That's the same thing that happened with boneless wings and chicken timbers. Right.
Speaker 2: Also, if you come out swag tons of look at this, bring the commanders back to d C. Yeah, oh my god, look at that, bad boy, sir, you're taking that home. We got all sorts of this is Oh my god, you got plenty of swag. We're not a great it's a Friday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Why not bring your Friday night with the Get Loud crew?
Speaker 1: Why not do this? Now?
Speaker 3: I have to say this. Jinx London tried to get on me earlier. My kids got on me this weekend. Have I is Mike Capadre? Have I crossed the threshold dressing? They say, I am granddaddy asked the way I dress now? Because I put no effort in it. You feel that I'm granddaddy asked when it's come to high dress? No, I think you look good, So maybe your granddaddy asked too?
Speaker 1: With me fifty one say. In the comments, the main topic was my legs. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: They were like, man, you used to dress so fly. Now you look like you just throw stuff phone and don't really care. So have I made it to the thought process of it really doesn't matter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You know the tough thing is is that, at least for me, when you get older, you got to find that balance, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because nice to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to stay you want to stay current, but you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Dress like like I'm twenty three, right because people are like, what.
Speaker 1: Are you wearing?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: It's a hard balance to find.
Speaker 3: No, no, just what I'm I don't want the granddaddy's stinch on me though, because I had already. You know, we always had that. Uncle used to come over to the barbecue with the with the top match at the bottom got on the.
Speaker 1: You know, I always say that I'd never be here, but I think slowly, you think it's coming. I might be becoming.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I don't know if anything's going to match up to that for coat you had.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you were mocking or.
Speaker 1: It is because you should never give us money.
Speaker 3: The first coat came from like I did the fir coat just to do it, just because I wanted to, Like I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't wear it anywhere, like I literally won't be in coat like.
Speaker 3: Maybe six times out of the whole time that I had fur coats.
Speaker 6: It just wear it on the pod.
Speaker 1: So I think you're young and star Wars. I think you.
Speaker 6: Guys are nice.
Speaker 5: I would say something if I felt like you guys were rolling up and not looking best.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you wore jeans.
Speaker 6: At least you're not wearing.
Speaker 3: Like like I think when London was trash to me earlier. I think it because he used to seeing me dread dress so young and flashy that now I didn't rubbed some of the flash out because I'm older, and now he's like, Na, you dressed like a gym teacher and I was London dressed like somebody granddad.
Speaker 1: He's been doing this since week, so it didn't matter. I don't I love the notes.
Speaker 3: I went through my studies this week because every time we go Mississippi State Texas, you won up me some form of fashion. It hasn't it just you one up me because it's just the way it is. I want up you by this much. This is what happened. Okay, I did my investigation. Don't you know that a bull dog is genetically bred to take down steers and longhorns.
Speaker 4: We're bred to take them under used to be.
Speaker 3: I don't know. All I'm saying is you're a mortal threat, threat like you designed to take down bulls. Okay, that's what they told me. Okay when I signed my name on the down line and state bulldog, you are desired to take down steers.
Speaker 1: And long horns. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we put beaver over here, we put a steer over here.
Speaker 3: And the bulldogs, the dogs hunting packs? All right, multiple dogs dogs hunting packs count You weren't sending one wolf because wolf don't hunt singular.
Speaker 1: They hunt in packs. Do bulldogs hunt in packs?
Speaker 5: I thought the bulldogs were bred to be like rage bait for the bulls.
Speaker 1: They was not. They was not for raised bait. They was they was they was.
Speaker 3: There was cattle dogs from the door, so they protect the cattle. But they also rustle cattle. They were they before? All right? Now they lazy dogs with asthma right now, they used to They used to be bred for that purpose of farming and herding. Don't get bible. If I got ten of them, if I got ten of them bulldogs out there, ten of them, they're circling, circling that that steer.
Speaker 2: You take Beavo off his painkillers, off those sedatives, that just be like what, No, No, take out six of them one day.
Speaker 3: It won't happen, man, it won't happen because they too load to the ground. That's why they load to the ground. The horns don't affect him. Right then you put on the collar, you put on the spike collar.
Speaker 5: It's over all right, Well, we want to hear it from you guys in the comments bevo versus what's the.
Speaker 2: Name of your boy?
Speaker 6: Bully versus Bully.
Speaker 2: I'm really upset about these Madden rankings, the beta rankings, so the debate is before the official product is released.
Speaker 4: These are crazy.
Speaker 3: Listen to me. Jinx is a guy that played football. Madden Day gets everybody else in as players.
Speaker 1: It doesn't it breaks the apple.
Speaker 3: Like the only time I ever see the locker room divide it is on Madden Release Day because everybody looking at their ranking. Yeah, and everybody.
Speaker 7: Looking around but you, right, So everybody looking around like man, they shortened me, like everybody like you could be ninety nine in a half, Like man, they left that half all like.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 3: These dudes lose their mind over Madden rankings. And I was always one of these guys. I was like, man, it don't bother me because I'm just going up mine in ninety nine anyway, Like I'm not gonna let them dictate how I played my.
Speaker 1: Game and off the field, you're always ninety nine.
Speaker 3: No, listen, if you came to my house and play and man ninety nine, French moved ninety nine. That's the way it is so Man Rank has play these Jedi mind tricks with football players. All right, you cannot buy into it, you can't respond to it. I remember my guy, Ethan all Bright. You remember the bread snap red snapper of my dude. I'll never forget it. He too like smooth. I know they don't get long snappers no respect. I'm fine with that. But I just made the Pro Bowl. He was the Pro Bowl launch. Now he was very good, right, he was like, man ranked me fifty. He sat down by his locker and read a note to Judge Man, No and rip the manure, O listen to me.
Speaker 2: He wrote the John Madden personally, jud Man like John Madden's coding the game.
Speaker 3: No, he really ripped this note. How could you be a Pro Bowl and be under seventy five. It's a good point, No, very good point. All right, He's being honest with you. I'm the best snapper in football. So you're saying, no snapper is over fifty. That's what you're saying. Yeah, Like, that's what you're saying. So I have seen these These ratings really affect people, move, affect how they feel. Now, when I seen this one, I was like, this is Travis shammockhery because of the team rankings. First of all, the Cowboys. You see what the Cowboys the dollars and four who is doing this? Listen to me, bro. The Browns are the top ten first of all, the forty nine ers. Yeah, the Rock Party lead forty nine ers, tie with the Chiefs, but they got us third from last with the Giants and the Gardis.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? You got the Jets in the top ten with the Browns.
Speaker 3: The brown ain't even got a quarter rather terrible. They're like eight quarterbacks in their quarterback All right, look at this, all right, let's just go with the Cowboys all because that's the interdividual.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Quarterback is better than that quarterback, which that's my dog brother. Thanks, office of lives better than the office line. They lost a lot of dudes on the office line. I have running back room.
Speaker 1: It's better than the Cowboys running back room.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: What are you saying?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm looking at this.
Speaker 1: The Falcons.
Speaker 3: How many team before is that we beat? We beat them all?
Speaker 2: Also, the Commanders, I'm burying the leader. The Commanders are third to last. That's what I'm telling you above the Cards and Giants.
Speaker 3: The Titans in the Patriots, the Titans. Yeah, how can we beat the Browns, the Jaguars, the Coats, they got a quarterback Brown.
Speaker 2: The Panthers are ahead of us. The Panthers. This mad this list.
Speaker 3: I don't take it serious because there's no repercussions. But like they say, when people have no repercussions, they're not gonna give you their best because I could just throw something to see what stick. Yeah, that's what this is, just to get a reaction out of.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, this has to be contrived. They have to know what they're doing. Like, let's go ahead and get the Chiefs. Of course, that's what the Chiefs number one.
Speaker 1: The Eagles, the defending Super Bowl champions, raded eighty seven. The Chiefs are number ninety two.
Speaker 6: Like, how are the Eagles tied with the Browns?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this has to be the Eagles out between the Browns and the JITs.
Speaker 6: We're getting rage baited.
Speaker 5: I know this is like my word of the word of the episode, but like these are crazy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, this is ridiculous. Like let's just let's let's tell what the fans don't see here over your top five Chiefs at ninety two, number one, forty nine ers. How could you lose half of your team and get better? All right? I just don't know. Number three, the Ravens, the Dolphins, number four, two and the Dolphins, the Cowboys number five, the Lines, number six, the Bengals, number seven, the Browns, the Browns of Cleveland, the Browns of Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. I cannot believe it.
Speaker 3: Eagles, Jets, stealers, the Stealers just got a quarterback two days ago.
Speaker 4: Bill's are outside the top ten.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to take you serious.
Speaker 1: Like. That's why it didn't bother me when they gave us this list early. Yeah, I looked at it.
Speaker 3: I'm not taking this heerios.
Speaker 4: Maybe this list was made by Steve Madden.
Speaker 3: He made it, Bill Man, I don't know. This is what I do though. I don't respond to ignorance.
Speaker 1: My grandma mad this.
Speaker 3: To understand the ignorant person, you too have to be ignorant. Smart people can't stoop that low. I refuse to stoop this low to look at this list and take it serious, because I don't think men gonna even stoop this low itself like, you cannot do this. The Packers, I don't forget forget the Commanders. How the Packers at the bottom of the heat? Huh?
Speaker 1: The Rams? Do you not think the Rams are one of the most dangerous teams?
Speaker 4: And they're very dangerous.
Speaker 2: They got good during the offseason, and obviously mcvay's a hell of a head coach.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe we're sitting here at seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Come on and the Saints, Like, how many quarterback list teams do I see in the middle of this thing?
Speaker 4: Sensor garbage?
Speaker 3: Do they ain't got caught?
Speaker 1: Shuck? That's they quarterback?
Speaker 3: Now? Were shuck?
Speaker 1: Shuck? Who's the guy that filled the last year? Was so bad?
Speaker 3: I mean they have no no, wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: He played actually led U talk about the other guy, Jake Hainter, Jake Hanner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to it. That's why ain't gonna respond to this list. That's why this list don't make no sense to me. How could you put the team that was in the NFC Championship both teams and the team that won the Super Bowl, the Eagles at eight and the Commanders at thirty.
Speaker 1: That's a joke.
Speaker 3: That's a joke, so I'm not. I don't laugh at bad jokes.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 3: I don't laughing at bad jokes.
Speaker 4: That's like getting in the comments section.
Speaker 1: After a while, you gotta be like, I gotta step away from this.
Speaker 3: No. First of all, that's why I never respond in the coming section. Like on Twitter, you're very smart. Like the one thing I always tell people, you cannot get under my skin by saying stuff. I've been a wordsmith for my whole life, and people think they attack me.
Speaker 1: On Twitter, especially Philadelphia fans. They think I'm gonna respond.
Speaker 3: Actually, I scroll up and I laugh, like I laugh at the most horrendous stuff people say to me.
Speaker 1: You will not get me to respond to you.
Speaker 3: No, you win.
Speaker 6: You know who's the Twitter go Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: Did you see a st.
Speaker 2: People will slide into his DMS or say something and he will haul them out and.
Speaker 1: Does not care. I love it.
Speaker 3: I know what the one thing I can say about KD. You know I'm a big KD fan. That's my dude. I love him to death. But it's something to be said about the single athlete.
Speaker 1: In your late thirties.
Speaker 5: Oh, he said he is in a he's in a fight on Twitter and he said you were once a thing.
Speaker 6: I'm still that.
Speaker 1: No, no, sorry to interrupt. No, no, no, it's good.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't married. It's something to it. I think that merit bring you stability.
Speaker 2: I think for KT though, I think his singular love is hooping what he's done. But like even now, even though he turned thirty seven in the fall, even now, at thirty six, he was trade to the Rockets. Obviously, he is the best. All the metrics point that points this out. He is the best mid range shooter in the game, and for three straight years he's been playing at a level that no one has played that ever in the NBA.
Speaker 3: So even at.
Speaker 2: Thirty six, he's still as good as he's ever been because he's solely.
Speaker 1: Fucked on basketball.
Speaker 3: But my mayored athlete, thece's okay, I say it's this Dan Marino, lifetime bachelor. No ring, didn't he get married?
Speaker 1: Run around? I hate to say that. I think that happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we need to look that up. I'm almost positive that happened.
Speaker 1: I think I haven't met him female Marino yet.
Speaker 6: Wait, No, I feel like I think he's married. I think he's married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you got married after football, okay, after football, Like why are you playing the sport like Jordan Mary Kobe Mayored, like tell Brady Mayor, like Patrick Mahone Mayor, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Something about having that home stability.
Speaker 6: Yeah they've been married since in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, he never private.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never seen miss Marino a day in my life, like never ever a day in my life. So I had, like I had study. I started to study after that, Like let me let me look at this Mayor, thece's and guys like Kyrie manor Lebrun may Yeah. I'm just saying, it's just it's this thing because even is a guy that been in the locker room, a single guy's moved different than the guy that was married, you.
Speaker 2: Could Ben, I just feel like KD is one of one, Like he's just different the way I've seen very few players who are just solely focused on ball, like that's all that is his life.
Speaker 3: I know it, but you can't be that just that.
Speaker 1: But at some point Benny's done though.
Speaker 2: When he's done, though, doesn't he probably move on to something where maybe he builds out from that.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about the Houston trade. Then I love it because I don't know who Green is right now, Jaylen, I think he could play.
Speaker 2: He's a good score, but he got exposed a little bit in the postseason, and a lot of Rockets fans say that of all of their young core that you would part with, he's the guy, and they.
Speaker 3: Did part with him. Now he'd go to think about it now that he goes to the Suns, and he would book. So they got three shooting guards they got to do. Yeah, Bradley Bill, there's two people in Washington d C.
Speaker 1: History.
Speaker 3: I have no disrespect for them. I respect them for what they do. But boy, you want to talk about getting over now, Listen, robbing that bank with no mask? Put the money in the bag. Bradley Bill and Kirk Cousins, Oh, we got the bag. They get the bag at such a high level, but they get these bags playing for bad teams and being bad the whole time. I'm being up. Well, he just hasn't been healthy, hasn't been healthy, and well, a visibility is availability. That's the visibility. Like Bradley Bill. If I'm a gym and I wake up to Bradley Bill's contract, and I wake up to Kirk Cousins contract. Right now, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do if I'm.
Speaker 6: With them right now, I think it's email time.
Speaker 1: Email time, and it's like they're talking about the NBA. Now time to go.
Speaker 6: Come on, we'll get back, We'll get back.
Speaker 1: The championship.
Speaker 3: Just got one. We gotta give a plow.
Speaker 1: Okay championship s g A.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, we're moving into a new generation where you don't need a big three to win a champions tip and we need a big eight.
Speaker 6: Wow, you guys want to read it?
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do it. Most definitely m w a A. We don't escape I mean we don't travel to escape life. We traveled so life don't escape us. We dream of a place anywhere in the world, and in the blink of an eye, we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to does it in the national airport. Let you imagination, sore, book you a venture today at fly Dullies dot com slash none stop. I will see you in Madrid, Spain, most definitely right.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait, by.
Speaker 3: The way for Madrid, Spain.
Speaker 1: Look at the smile I'm gonna go over there, d just like the Three Amigos.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be It's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be so fun for me.
Speaker 5: Yes, email time, I'm just gonna quickly promote really quick. Please leave us emails voicemails as soon as you can so that way we can read them at tonight's live pod. We don't want to miss your takes, and the more involved you guys get, the better it is. So we're pretty pumped to hear from you all and hopefully see you tonight.
Speaker 6: First email, what up, Smoot?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 6: Jenks? Hope all is well with you and the production team?
Speaker 5: Question for Smooth in a six on six alley brawl, it's you and Jenks. It's about to go down, and you have two phone calls to make. Which former Washington dB teammate and current Washington dB are you calling up? Same for Jenks, except your two calls are present reformer Washington media members not named b Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Who am I calling up? God is playing now? And the guy from the past and this.
Speaker 3: For this for trivia? Right, So I'm looking for intelligence?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, this is this is an alley brawl you're getting.
Speaker 1: Oh all right? Both most definitely.
Speaker 3: I'm taking Darren Gardner and most people don't remember him, but big Dalre Garden to play with me with. I had big Big Daddy Wickerson, one of my detacles. Darrell Gardener's the guy that came moved in my house and I didn't invite.
Speaker 1: Him to move in. Oh that's yes.
Speaker 3: I had to cook for him for like two weeks straight and did all his clothes and his luxury and everything. Six six three and forty pounds two percent body fat animal. He had this keylo of skin on the back of his neck. I thought it was a person throwing out of his head. It was so intimidating. I'm talking about Munster. So Daryl Gardner's who I'm calling and current Javan ken Law. I'm taking ken Law. I'm taking the Law with me. Listen, if we're going in there, we're coming out of there. When I take these two guys in there, I'm coming out of there.
Speaker 1: All right, Can I go London?
Speaker 2: He's a media member, right, yeah, yeah, Okay, I'm taking London because that guy like that's something that just switches on big ye.
Speaker 4: Also Trevor Maddic, you know what, Big Trevor.
Speaker 3: But but Trevor.
Speaker 1: He's hey, listen, but his knees ain't good. Yeah, but he just stands in like a wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah he does.
Speaker 1: He's a monster. I love Trevor by the way. Yeah he's great.
Speaker 3: I love working with Trevor. Very intelligent guy, very good guy.
Speaker 1: He's a very good guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He may not say much in the fight, but good luck, I'm staying behind in the entire time.
Speaker 3: Come on, who would I take out the media for a brawl. Can't be B Mitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it can't be B Mitch.
Speaker 3: I would probably take I take the quietest guy in the room.
Speaker 1: I take Santana.
Speaker 2: You know, I started to say Santanic you know, you know why because quiet dudes, Well.
Speaker 5: Do they have to be like can they be former Maybe they're not allowed to be former players?
Speaker 6: So is there somebody specifically?
Speaker 3: I take k Yeah, I literally take Lurch from the morning show junkies. I take a lerk size alone. Why not, it's just big? Yeah, Like I need I need something to show up because sometimes we show up to a fight, it ain't about the fight, It's about the appearance of the fight. So if I show up and it's just me and Jins, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can handle the dude. I be like, hey, man, give me I'm fast with my fingers.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for the email. I'm not sure who sent it, whoever you are. If you want to shout yourself out in the comments, thank you. Next emails from Mark and Florida. And he's validating Jinks not a hot take it all on, Jimmy Fallon. If you're gonna pr and every single skit, it takes away from both the skit and the break. Bill Hayter was far better at breaking in skits because he was actually able to make it through plenty of skits without breaking totally.
Speaker 3: You still want to thank you.
Speaker 1: You still wanted so much jim and failing hate. I know you.
Speaker 2: You still tell you it's it's a real thing, Like Bill Hater, breaking is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Most cast members breaking hilarious.
Speaker 2: Why because the vast majority of the time they keep it straight.
Speaker 4: They don't break Fallon in the majority.
Speaker 1: I can tell it.
Speaker 2: Just go back and look, he's always laughing. It's like you're not even trying. Man, it would ruin stuff. So who is your late night guy?
Speaker 3: Who's your late n guy? Because everything you hate failing for.
Speaker 2: Some reason, no I think he's a nice enough guy. I mean, he's absolutely talented, but as far as essen and the thing is like, he has a ton of talent, but there were so many skits that he just kind of ruined because he wouldn't try to keep it together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See my late night guy Out of Time is on City Oho. Oh you're an old school with a dog.
Speaker 3: He had a thirteen and figure Jimmy and it was late late night and people could not wait for the dog pad to get rocking on Ceneo Hall Late night greatness right there. But I won't take that Jimmy fallon hate. I won't take that Jimmy fallon fine. I'm just saying I like failing family make me happy.
Speaker 2: I like him again, he's a good enough guy. But if again go back and look at his SNL stuff and it's just like, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Jimmy's laughing again. We're five seconds in.
Speaker 3: I can take like it's a nail, not too much because it's nail. The talent is so high you can't just pop away. It's nail. And you got wil Farrow and Annie Murphy and all these dudes and think you're gonna just be in it so I don't judge him by esnail. I just judge him by his late night hosting, which failing makes me happy.
Speaker 4: I just screw up with him.
Speaker 1: Think about this.
Speaker 2: What makes it funny when you see someone break because they never break. That's what makes it funny, Like, oh, you hardly ever do this, That's what makes it so funny.
Speaker 3: Well, a guy like Kevin Hart, he always laughs at his own jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's a stand up. That's a skit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I get you'll get you, but I just can't take the failing hate fair enough a little bit.
Speaker 6: That's it for the emails.
Speaker 5: But guys, leave us your emails, leave us a voice onless to seven o three seven two six four one nine See you tonight tonight Duffy's Irish Pub on awesome swag.
Speaker 6: You could also get a bottle opener. Sorry almost there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most of the magnets bring the commanders guy.
Speaker 3: Everything you need enough is you got your beer holding, you got your beer open up, you got everything you need. We give them out all kinds of swag. You might be shocked by some of the stuff we're gonna give out, so.
Speaker 4: Be there be square some special guests yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Yes we are.
Speaker 3: Don't have some special guests and we're gonna have some special gifts. That's what we're about at this time. We're about giving because you know what we're about to do. We try to get these boys back to Washington, Like that's what is all about. And I keep telling people because I know y'all have seen me in the community the last month. I've been walking down streets. I've been at fire stations, I've been everywhere. Me and a lot of the old alumni we've been in there because we've been pushing this thing. We got to get the boys back to d C. We got to go r K two point zero. And guess what we need y'all to get this done. We need y'all to get this done.
Speaker 1: What's of reaction you get now? But it's fun, Oh, it's fun. Like we've been stopping traffic.
Speaker 3: We've been walking into business is, We've been like we've been doing a literally this is an er.
Speaker 1: We've been doing.
Speaker 3: A little bit of everything. Because I think people don't understand how important it is to get this team back to d C. I think they gonna really get a feel of that when the draft comes here in two years and they see how much money is made in that weekend.
Speaker 1: It's just too many perks and too many things.
Speaker 3: When you got an ownership group that's giving you two point seven billion dollars to make this thing happy, do you know how many people benefit from that? Like the whole city benefits from that. So at the end of the day, this is bigger than a team. This is about DC.
Speaker 1: And doesn't the city deserve it? Yes, it deserves you know what I mean, Yes, it deserves it.
Speaker 2: It's been way too long since this franchise was in the district of Columbia.
Speaker 1: And if you need proof of concept, look down in That's park what Navy Yard used to be.
Speaker 2: That used to be a barren wasteland of all in dirt, and now it's incredible.
Speaker 1: There's businesses, there's all sorts of restaurants in the city right now. Is the incredible.
Speaker 3: It's a must go to spot. Then you got the Navy Yard. It transformed a whole side of the city. And this is what the stadium will do to that side of the city. You want to talk about what it did for the new waterfront at the wharf in the Navy Yard, there's gonna be a whole new waterfront over there at RK.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: We gotta make it happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to.
Speaker 2: Let's pay some bills and then we're gonna talk about ESPN's all quarter century.
Speaker 3: Team quarter cent.
Speaker 1: So that's twenty five years. Twenty five years, Mississippi State once again hater.
Speaker 2: This summer, seage Ca has your ticket to the best live concerts and the DMV area at Northwest Stadium. Seaegeek makes it easy to catch world conquering tours and high wattage performances from your favorite artists all summer long. SeatGeek has the best seat for your unforgettable summer. From Rock Royalty to rap superstars R and B the country find out all on sea Geek, the official ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium. Summer concerts season officially starts with seat Geek. And since we were just talking about RFK. To keep up with all of the RFK stadium news, it's easy to do. Go to commanders dot com slash News Stadium. You can sign up and learn more about how to support RFK two.
Speaker 1: Point oh what as you call it?
Speaker 2: Well, you've seen a lot of these players play in the ESPN All Quarter Century Team. You play with these guys, yes, guys. So when you look at this list, anything else stand out? I do want to say, I'm glad to see Priest Holmes.
Speaker 3: Get his I'm about to say that the first name that I looked on him and said, finally, yes, I'll never forget this my rookie year, Mars Shottenheim on my head, Coach risk to Peace.
Speaker 1: We played against kids. See you know more, they coached him for a long time.
Speaker 3: Coach quiet before the game, he wanted us to go win it. Priest Holmes came out there and ran for nine football fields own us all right, I think he had. I think he had like two hundred and seventy yards on no life like Priest Holmes is one of the most underrated football players.
Speaker 1: In NFL history.
Speaker 3: Agreed, he doesn't get the love, And I know, I don't know why he doesn't get to love.
Speaker 1: Maybe because running back.
Speaker 3: Is all about the new toy, new thing. But how do you feel about after Quarter Century team Priest Holmes, Christian McCaffrey, and Derrick Henry as the running back. Do you feel like somebody got snubbed? Well, because I think Ladani and Thomas. God, my classmate Ladanion be in here. I think you're right.
Speaker 4: How is he not even mentioned?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's a Hall of Famer, I would. I love Christ McCaffrey. You know my nickname for him, Dearry Sanders. Listen.
Speaker 2: But he's always I mean, when he's on, when he's healthy, this incredible well, the best pass catching running backs of all time.
Speaker 3: I would not take him over the Danny. I'm just saying I would not take him over La Danny and Thompson. That's why I have in there. What about you? Any any running backs you will change?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know a lot of people would say Saquon, but he's just now getting going. Like you can't base the last twenty five years on what we've seen in the last yeah year or so. But I love this list, But I'm like you, I can't believe that LT's not on there.
Speaker 1: No, I can't believe LT is not on there.
Speaker 3: In full back, I like Kyle Hugheshick, but boy did I play against some fullbacks in my time.
Speaker 1: My time, Lorenz O'Neil, All these got a good one.
Speaker 3: Sinners all right, Larry Centers one of the best full I mean fullbacks. They have played the game.
Speaker 1: I forgot about Larry Centers. Larry Centers should be the fullback.
Speaker 3: Don't you know Larry Siner's got more catches than a lot of top team wide receivers. I'm just saying. Then I look at the wide receiver list, I got to go Randy Calvin, Johnson, Julio Jones, Terrella. Now that I look at this list, I hate to toot my own horn, but toot. I was talking to Taylor, and I said, our generation class two thousand and one played in the golden era of football, meaning I got to play against the all time greats Jerry Rice late in their career, Tim Brown, all of these guys.
Speaker 1: He forget about Tim Brown.
Speaker 3: No, no, I got to play against all of these legends. Then I got to play against the legends of my time. To Tom Bradyes, to Drew Breeses, that the Peyton Mannings, that every I think my generation played against more Yellow Jackets than any any time in football. I believe I played against the old Yellers in the New Year young Bucks. Yes, I played against Tomorrow, because just look on this list. I played against tom I played against Peyton. I played against Priest. I played against Kyle Hughes. He might have been young Randy. I played against Calvin. I played against Julio. I played against Terrell. I played against Marvin Harrison. I played against Grunk, I played against Kelsey, I played against Tone. Against all time greats, I played against them all. So what I'm saying is, at the end of the day, if you're looking at an era, that's probably the best era of football of all time. When you're talking about goats, the goat of coaching was in that era. The goad to quarterback was in that era. Goats and running backs, the goats and wide receivers like.
Speaker 1: The goats and coners.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong, the past Russian goats, straight hand, all these goys. All I'm saying is put our generation against any generation in football, and we can play against them all. But there's a couple of guys that when I look at this list, I don't know, man, anybody you disagree with on this list.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm a little surprised that Strahan isn't on here.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can put Mile Garret's old straight hand.
Speaker 1: Not yet.
Speaker 3: But I wouldna put Jay Julien. Yeah, No, I like Jay Allen, and I think Jay Allen was their boy.
Speaker 1: He ain't making straight hand, that's what I'm saying. I mean, Adam was damn good.
Speaker 2: You got DeMarcus where, Jared Allen, Miles Garrett, Julius Peppers, I mean Peppers was was on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I can't, No, I can't do that. And then d Tackles. How can you put Kelly's campbell before you put one's sap.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Donald's greatest of all time. He's the greatest.
Speaker 5: When Warde's retire, they won their Super Bowl in O two, Okay, so he then retired to.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and six seven eight, So he's part of this. Yeah, yeah, he's part of this. Like you can't put everybody on here. I totally understand that.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: There's always gonna be guys that are left out. But I feel like that's when you can put.
Speaker 3: When you see ray Lewis name there, she would be a sauth all right, And I'm taking Luke Kinkley.
Speaker 1: Off here, and I'm putting Dereck Brooks. I'm not de Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not playing these games with y'all, all right, Levonte David, you ain't supposed to be on here.
Speaker 2: I hate I'm gonna say this, Levonte David is crazy underrated, but doesn't belong on this list.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. This ain't the very good list. This is the the great list, all right.
Speaker 1: And at corner, I love Pat P. I got out of love for Pat P.
Speaker 3: I ain't never putting you before childs Woods, right, I'm just I'm not doing it. I mean, Champ Bailey obviously, tell my teammates run day, bobba don't get the love he deserved.
Speaker 4: That's another dude that's underrated.
Speaker 3: The best nickel to ever play the game. Richard Sherman, Yes, yes, yes, pat P. Now child Woodson in pet p out all right? Ed reed, partomar Little Dawkins, Arl Thomas.
Speaker 1: I can be earl Thomas was a player.
Speaker 2: I can dig that our Dawkins would just knock your block off.
Speaker 3: I have watched this dude change football games. I'm surprised they ain't squeaking with Sean Taylor in there, though. But I can't.
Speaker 1: Understand but long snapper anything.
Speaker 4: All right, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: I was reading through this list, and I get it.
Speaker 2: They measure everything by these advanced metrics right when they're go into numbers and they say, okay, well if you look at this, this guy for one, with this level and that absolutely has value. But isn't there something to be said for the eye test or these intangibles when you watch a dude play that doesn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet.
Speaker 3: Well, what you're asking is, how do you feel about the media darlings against the guys that's not media darlings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because some guys get the benefit of the doubt, like Priests I think is a perfect example. Go back to him for a second, and you can make an argument for against I'm know when to Texas whatever, but there was a span there he was the best running back.
Speaker 1: In the NFL.
Speaker 4: But you never really see him in the spotlight.
Speaker 3: But Willie RoAF and that office lie that's what they're gonna try to get love to become to Priest Holmes with Trent Green and the rest of those guys that was over there, because really, Wolf and that whole office was lie dominated so much. They pretty much a saying whoever ran the ball for him was gonna be good. So that's why I preach, don't get the love another guy that I love Joe Thomas. I think Joe Thomas is a great guy. I think his accolades are two over the top to me. Yeah, he played a lot of meaningless football in Cleveland for a decade.
Speaker 1: He didn't win like Trent Williams won. What could he do?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: He made the Pro Bowl like every year for like except his last year.
Speaker 3: But that ain't good enough.
Speaker 1: You gotta win, man, But what can you do?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're if you're a left tackle, Like, what can you do? He did everything? He was as good as he could be on one of the worst teams ever.
Speaker 3: Do you think Joe Thomas in the last quarter century is the best left tackle to play football?
Speaker 1: He's one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trent is better than I'm not.
Speaker 4: Well, we got two left tackles.
Speaker 2: Trit's on here, but he's behind him. I believe, Oh, I believe Trent is better than Joe Thomas.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm just saying this. Joe Thomas deserves me on this list, Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: But I can come up with some other guys tackle wise, this might be better than Joe Thomas. And damn sure played more meaningful football than Joe Thomas.
Speaker 1: Jo John Ogden.
Speaker 8: Maybe you think that's what I'm throwing out there. Trient can't even compare to Joyo, That's what I'm telling you. And also Jo quiet dude, right, don't sell itself. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like he just did his thing, went out dominated for more than a decade, went about his way.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Ogden. Uh, It's just I see when I look at this list, it's our central list. I see markets. I don't see players. Okay, I see markets, I don't see player. Because if you're gonna do it player wise, a lot of these guys would not be on here.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: Glad to see Bobby Waggoner out here, though, well Bobby was gonna get on there no matter what er Lacker I played against one of the best. Like I say, it's the last two. I got a problem with the last two, Levonte, David Luke. They didn't play enough like David did. But his.
Speaker 1: Work ain't there. It ain't always there.
Speaker 3: It's like guys I can name that been there, done that that's better than him and Patrick.
Speaker 1: I can go to Patrick Willison, Navabo Ballman.
Speaker 3: I can go like I said, Derrick Brooks, I go to so many linebackers, Lytz Briggs, I can bring all kind of dudes into the top that Kinckley and David can't compare to. So I agree with some of these guys on the list. Now, what about the coaching list. What about here?
Speaker 1: Coach Bill Belacheck, ain't nobody better?
Speaker 3: I got that one. Oh see, it's Kyle shin Ahead, the best offensive mind in the last wa a century. I don't know I'm gonna give it to. I'm gonna get it to the young Crawfish. I think.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: He's always been a step ahead. Yeah, besides the Falcons Super Bowl, he's always been a step ahead.
Speaker 1: But Vey, I mean, I know he's been head coach, but he's also I mean.
Speaker 3: He made listen McVey, you can go. It's so many offensive coordinators, you know that's true. It's like so many Now Wade Phillips at the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: No, he don't think something in the last quarter century, and his defense is always overperformed.
Speaker 1: He ain't never won a Super You only got Greg Gibs.
Speaker 3: You know, I love Greg saying like it's so many defensive minds in this game. Like you got Greg Williams, you got what's the laying that just won a Super Bowl in Philadelphia?
Speaker 1: Like, it's so many dudes and you're gonna pick Wade from spag Nolo.
Speaker 3: Yes, Spag is.
Speaker 1: Fast first of all.
Speaker 4: Spags is a I mean that dude is Spags?
Speaker 3: Is that boy speG? So I go Spags into defensive coordinator special teams that got nothing this day? They do it, But I don't know about defense coordinator part of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about these lists that you can go on and on and on. Do you think there's one person. I know it's a tough question to ask off the top, but one person you'd be like, I cannot believe this person, This one guy is not on this list.
Speaker 4: Maybe you mentioned him already.
Speaker 3: I feel say, I haven't mentioned so many Like one say, if I can't believe Derrick Brooks, I can't believe Uh, Charles Woodson.
Speaker 4: That's the one you mentioned him in passing and I'm like, wait a.
Speaker 1: Second, how is he not here? Forget the decade teen child? What's one of the best colors they ever played? Yes, I like, what are you talking about? That's the one Charles Woodson?
Speaker 3: Man, Like, at one point you got to stop all this Travis s mack right, sometimes just what it is, like, I know you like some guys, but I don't know. I need to know, just like I need to know who doing the Hall of Fame voting. I need to know who's doing the voting on these things. That's true because we en list time right now. Definitely listen. This is when all the lists come out right now. Everybody dropping the list and.
Speaker 1: They only doing some time to me for controversy.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Like when I when I looked on this list and I see Levintay.
Speaker 9: Dave controversy, they want me to snap. It worked, Yeah, indeed, they want me to snap. So at the end of the day, it's list time.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna let you the list get me in a bunch, but come on, sometimes you stop overthinking.
Speaker 4: Tonight is the night. Yeah, it is Duffies, Capitol Hill, headed.
Speaker 1: Clot We're gonna have the pot live. Yeah, we got all sorts of swagen. We're gonna have some great Chesapeake they wings.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are.
Speaker 2: Huh, We're gonna have some drinks. Owe me on, Fred reason enough to come on that. He's the whole crew is gonna be there coming out. We'll see you tonight, and we'll see you then, and we'll enjoy the times together.
Speaker 3: Let's make a hap.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.