Speaker 1: It's nine O gen one O Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to another episode of nine O two one O. We're so excited, guys.
Speaker 3: Something big happen this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys. Was it awesome?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: It was nineties con Tampa.
Speaker 3: Tampa's always so great. Oh my gosh. Human it's human hair Jack.
Speaker 1: Oh it's humid.
Speaker 3: Oh your your hair. You can't walk like one second.
Speaker 1: So did you have any like shenanigans when you guys were checking into the hotel, Like did the hotel catch on fire?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: No, this hotel was so nice.
Speaker 3: It was big, oh nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And did you see other icons in the lobby?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was like a big bar area where we would all hang out, like before or after. So it was there was major spotting going on. You know Joey Patones over there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw Oh my god, I saw clips of Joey Patone, who was like a legend because of instinct just coming from the v m as.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of a lot of girls around him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wait who else?
Speaker 3: Mariopo though too, like Red Eye, I was on.
Speaker 1: The Red Eye who'd you have on your flight?
Speaker 3: Mark Paul Gospel again, didn't you have a last time?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeah, every guy I had from the same show I had, Elizabeth Berkeley.
Speaker 1: Oh this is good. So some saved by the bell So.
Speaker 3: Torrid your old red eye with two layers. That was fun.
Speaker 1: Wait what they couldn't get you a non stop.
Speaker 3: Never they can?
Speaker 1: But also you know, I wait, so Mark Paul had the same layers layovers as you. Yeah, I think so that's kind of juicy. Okay, so did you see you know what I saw on TikTok That was amazing. You know, William Daniels from Boy Meets World, So he was the mister Feenie. I saw him on his he's like in his nineties, scooting around the nineties con on his like like on his motorized scooter.
Speaker 3: So legitl.
Speaker 4: No o, Yes, family matters, Oh, Julia not.
Speaker 3: Girl cle Yeah, Reginald the dad.
Speaker 1: And how was it to see all that, Like this is the first time in a long time that all of you were there. Of course not Luke, but but everybody else was there. Was Gabrielle there, Oh my god, Okay, so tell me about it. It was great.
Speaker 2: I mean, we haven't seen Gab in a while minute it seems like, right, yeah, and Brian was there and it was fun. I mean just you know, seeing everybody together. I mean, the fans were freaking out because they had us all like lined up in a row and you could just kind of go from one person to the next and meet everybody, and people were just so excited to meet us.
Speaker 1: Will you tell me about I know there was like kind of a moment for Shannon, like a standing ovation. We tell me what that was like, and like I would have started crying, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really thousands of people in our panel. It was so amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was like a thousand people out there right O. And they were just you know, everybody was loving that Shannon was there and they were asked our question. I don't really remember what started it off, but yeah, everybody stood up and had a moment of appreciation for her involvement on the show, and it was really cool.
Speaker 5: I wish you guys could all see what we saw our version of everybody in the crowd.
Speaker 3: And with their iPhones, you know, held up.
Speaker 5: And recording and and then obviously from our perspective, like the standing ovation that Shannon got and just kind of full circle like everything coming back together and it was just really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be so emotional. I think, like I think it just for everybody being together on that stage. Just whoa And how's Jason.
Speaker 2: Yeah he looks good. He looked. I told Jason, you look the best I've seen you look and forever, Like he looks great. He looks healthy. You can tell he's like exercising. He just really looks good and he looks really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an Ion story. I saw you spending a lot of time with Ion.
Speaker 3: Yes. Ion's always awesome.
Speaker 5: You know, like literally at my leg door like knock at Doc, you like open up up and you're like wait, I'm like in bed, I'm not ready yet, Like I don't.
Speaker 3: Care some damn.
Speaker 1: He is sweet.
Speaker 3: You're like, it's eat in the morning, Okay.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 2: He has extraus energy, Like.
Speaker 1: What And I saw that we're people excited to have Don and David back together. I saw you guys like posing for a lot of photos together.
Speaker 5: That was like it was so funny. Now like sometimes Jen and I don't talk about but we just had like that thing. Where are we have like cohesive outfits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ryan and I didn't talk.
Speaker 5: About it, but we show up. We both have like I have the baby white tea. He has a white T shirt on. He has black jeans. I have regular jeans. And I was just like, oh my God, like connection you just always have with someone that's so special to you.
Speaker 1: That's good. Speaking of outfits, I got to talk about your both your new merch So, Jenny, you launched your whole merch line and the main question that everyone wants to know is will they be able to get it if they weren't at nineties con because it looked.
Speaker 2: Rad Yeah, that's the first drop of my my brand. It's called Me by Jenny Garth. And we decided to go nineties Conned theme and really catered to the fans of the show and of the nineties. So we set up a booth. I did it with my girlfriend Lisa Kline.
Speaker 1: And who's like, who's for people that aren't in LA You have to say, like Lisa Klein had.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, she's like fashion royalty from the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yes, she had the like the most legit boutique here right so long that everyone shopped.
Speaker 2: At she has She had like three she had Lisa Kline, women, men, kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so I forgot about the kids? Was it on Dohiny Robertson Robertson, Oh my god, yes, yeah, wait so tell us about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she's just helped me really narrow down everything and get it all made. And we had we shipped it all there and this was our first time. So we set up the booth and you know, I was out there putting setting it all up with Clarina and Lisa and it was really fun and the fans loved it.
Speaker 1: And I was talking to everybody. I've been talking to everybody that was with you, guys. I haven't gotten to talk to you guys, but I was talking to like, you know, everybody that was out there with you. And uh, Lisa told me that you were like tying the sweatshirts in a special knot to hang them. And then some of the people that bought them were like, I might just leave it in the knot since since Jenny tied it and the knot.
Speaker 2: You know, I had some people come and say, might not fell out? Can you retie it.
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 2: Can undo the message? Really was people really understanding like the message behind the merch which was I choose me? Kelly's you know sort of tag from uh when she had to choose Brandon or Dylan, And so that's always been like really specialist. People really understand that that's not just from Kelly. That's kind of like a way to go forward in your life.
Speaker 1: And she yeah, so people may hopefully no one drags me for this, which, by the way, I don't know if you guys remember when we had like a millennial on and she taught us drag somebody was dragging, And so now I use all the times I think it was I choose me. It was a bit Taylor Swift Bee before Taylor Swift was even born. Like to me, that's the like I choose me as one of Taylor's like messages almost in like a lot of her songs and at her concerts.
Speaker 3: Like just like overarching like yeah.
Speaker 1: Thing like you know, I don't need you boys, and if you hurt me, I'm gonna write a song about you. And like I always feel like I choose me. Was that message? What thirty years earlier, twenty twenty some years earlier.
Speaker 3: Giving nine on two ande O always ahead of it's.
Speaker 2: Top exactly you had merch I saw people with Donna Martin too.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I mean that was my stuff I got made like years ago.
Speaker 5: So yeah, poor Patrick and I like my manager and best friend, like literally at the airport with.
Speaker 3: Like boxes, like.
Speaker 1: I saw everyone wearing it.
Speaker 3: So here you go.
Speaker 1: No, it's great, it's great. We want we want all y'all's merch for sure. Wait, so tell me more.
Speaker 2: Many people. I don't know about you, Tori, but so many people came up to me and was like, I love Amy. Amy tells sugarman, we love her. I love Amy's laugh. Tell Amy to keep doing exactly. I'm not eating you. I can't even count how many.
Speaker 5: It was so nice, Jenny, They totally all said that.
Speaker 1: That makes me so happy.
Speaker 5: I got to show you that most iconic thing I think from nineties con so, the famous thing Donna Martin graduates. We all know you're gonna love this. Behind the scenes, Jason had started, Donna Martin.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, m yes, no, no, oh god, it all came.
Speaker 5: We have this ever photo that I'm going to send to you guys of everyone at our group photo. Tory, hold that up, sons up, Donna Martin masturbates.
Speaker 3: So I think this is going to be.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: I was like, you guys, that is genius. So when I start my only fans like, maybe I'll put this on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have a I want to know what is the most good.
Speaker 5: Jason had this right behind your head. I was like, oh my god, what the heck?
Speaker 1: When people come up so they get a little like one on one time with you guys, what do they say the most to each of you? Like, what is the thing they really say?
Speaker 5: For me, it was just thanks for being nice, Like I always love people are like, oh my gosh, you could be my neighbor, you could be my best friend. You're just normal, And you know that always hits home for me because that's you know, growing up with a father that had everything. It was the producer, you know, I always just wanted to be like everybody else and be friends with people. And I'm a people person, so that's why I share my life. So that was important.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah me. I just mostly hear your show changed my life. I love when I hear the I moved to America, Like, we had a lot of people from overseas, Germany and Spain and England and they all say, like I moved to California because of your show, and like that always makes me feel really good, Like wow.
Speaker 1: I feel like we had somebody that said they learned how to speak English from to them out.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, And they're just always like, you know, they're just so happy to be there and happy to be meeting you. And you know, every one of us stops what we're doing and takes time with each of them as much as we possibly can, you know, keep everybody coming through the line, because there's a lot of people waiting. I really want to be conscious to give people their time with you, you know. And I feel like everybody all in all was very very happy with all the cast and the amount of time and effort we put into it, you know, because we really do care. Yeah, yeah, fans, And I don't I'm not I've ever been on a show that, you know, like this, that people just love all these years later. But like for everybody on our cast for that to be important to them, like our our fans are important to us, and we are so appreciative of them because they.
Speaker 5: Loved it so much them, you know, to Jen's point, as much as we changed their lives changed our lives, and we always carry that with us.
Speaker 1: Oh so sweet. So do you guys have fun doing it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get lost in it, like the excitement For me, you know, I'm just like, oh my gosh, I know I'm trying to be mindful. There's people waiting, you got to come through the line. But I just love hearing their stories and hearing that connection, just hugging people. Get to hug people again, you know, it's really nice.
Speaker 1: So when you see everybody, does it feel like does it feel like, oh I haven't seen all these people, meaning the cast like or is it like take does it take you right back?
Speaker 3: Right back?
Speaker 1: I'm like, do you have like old jokes that you know how like the boys would always call you guys certain things like does all that just come back totally?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, I one of the group shots one day, I wore a red dress, and so you know, the boys are always like, I'm wearing the red dress.
Speaker 3: And it's like, no, actually today I'm wearing the dress.
Speaker 2: You were wearing the red dress. Then, too.
Speaker 3: Know it's from a photo shoot. Actually you and I both wore a red dress.
Speaker 2: I know, I know exactly what it's from, and the Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I just want to hear more. Wait, like tell me just like a little bit more like a little bit like a little more of when all of you were together, Like, is there ever, is there like a green room or any like backstage where like you guys have a moment where it's just all all of you.
Speaker 2: All No, IM not really in this experience, we the green room was like for everybody. Okay, so all those stars together, yeah, and everybody just hangs out back there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then do you go out at night after? Because you were there like for the whole weekend? Right is it two days or three days?
Speaker 2: This was three days for some of us? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so do you what do you do? Are you just tired at night or do you actually like go out and you are with all these people.
Speaker 2: I was exhausted, but really tried to rally because when are you gonna be with them again, you know, and have the opportunity to just hang out and have a drink with them or go to dinner. So definitely definitely use that time.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of genius whoever started this, I actually don't know who started nineties gone, but it's kind of genius.
Speaker 6: These two women that yeah, Christina and Leanna. They're tual friends and were they fans? Like, were they just fans of the time too? So they're like they're like, yes, we're entrepreneurs. They probably make a fortune.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you definitely get the vibe that they loved the nineties too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, do you guys were you Is there anyone that you're kind of google over that you saw? Like I feel like Joey Fatone is in Sync. We're a little old for that, do you know what I'm saying? Like I liked in Sync, but I still think I was a little bit old. I was like maybe almost in college, Like, was there anybody that you're like, oh, maybe, I mean, I might say Mark Paul.
Speaker 5: I was like running back and forth. But I had to take a picture with the two girls from TLC.
Speaker 1: Oh right, Oh wait, that's a good one. Wait, Jenny, was there anyone like that? You were like, oh, I want a picture with that person?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I try to remember. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I know that the Sabrina the teenage witch.
Speaker 3: Oh Melissa, Yeah, Listen is there.
Speaker 2: Which she's always so fun to hang out with.
Speaker 1: I saw a great picture of them. Melissa with the two the two witches, you know, the ants.
Speaker 2: Caroline and Yeah.
Speaker 1: But they seem like they have a good time.
Speaker 3: The cat was there. The cat was there.
Speaker 2: I did not the voice of guy Salem. Salem the cat he was. The cat wasn't there, but his voice was there. I don't know who that. I didn't get a picture of that, but sure wish I did.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so good. Well on, everybody who's listening, don't worry. We're going to recap the next episode and you'll hear it on Monday. But what I was going to say earlier is like, as we're in season five, I mean it's juicy, Like I get I'm really feeling it now.
Speaker 3: Wait, you get why I love season five the most.
Speaker 1: Now it's hitting right, yeah, because I get it, and like I could see why the fans. It's like it is sort of so your your life. Like I don't know how to put it into words. It's like, oh, yeah, it just takes me right back to everything college or high school or just post college or whatever era you were in. Right, you really do feel it when you watch the show, and you guys really haven't changed that much. So I don't know I.
Speaker 5: Get it if you know any of us. Our personalities are really starting to come out now season five, where our characters and us like in real life, are starting to really blend.
Speaker 3: On the show, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So many people that came through the lines at the corn were like, uh, they said, when's the podcast coming back? We miss the podcast? We love it so much. So many people love this podcast and they just like love the experience of getting to watch a show back with us, and like whenever we would see somebody or here's somebody saying, oh, I'm on season three, I've just started rewatching it, or like you gotta watch them, you gotta listen to the podcast with us, same thing.
Speaker 5: And be in there there with their kids, and they're like, we're oh my god, that their teens.
Speaker 3: And I was like, that's so cool. Your teens into it. My kids, I'm just mom at home with this is you know.
Speaker 5: It's so nice to hear other kids being like, oh my god, we're so into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of moms come through with their kids and they were like, we watched it when we were going through it the first time, but now my daughter is so into it my son and they would they brought them and they were like starstruck two with this, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a cute photo of like you with a mom and their daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really fun.
Speaker 1: So speaking of the reason we were off is obviously you guys were getting ready for nineties Con and because this is airing today, I do want to say because I have seen it, and again this is just me being a huge fan the BFF collection on QVC. The kitchen line is out, Like as soon as people are listening to this, it's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, oh, and I got a sneak peek and I'm not gonna lie. I I was like, I need to buy one of everything?
Speaker 3: What is you seeing me?
Speaker 1: So I saw, okay, can I well, I guess it's out, so I can say. So. I saw the green like spot like I would call it, like you could make a stew almost in it. I don't cook, but I still bought the green pot.
Speaker 3: A brazier like a brazier Pam.
Speaker 1: So I definitely got that. I thought the silverware was amazing, beautiful, beautiful. I think there were glasses, what else? Oh, I think there was a was there a platter? I think I bought a couple of platters, did I'm not gonna lie. I got a little advantage because I'm connected to you, guys, so I did get to like prepare identity.
Speaker 5: That's for you to say it, because it does sound so much better from other people talking about it.
Speaker 3: Your perspective as a customer and you know, a fan of you er just yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not even blowing smoke. I'm telling you guys. First of all, the prices are amazing, like I'm genuinely fan. And here's what's crazy. My esthetic to use a word that the millennials love to use in the gen Zers matches the BFF collection esthetic. So it's all in that green and pink tones. Literally, I was sending a picture because I bought a bunch of stuff from the from the Christmas and the one before, and it's like my guest room was designed for the aesthetic. So the kitchen stuff is all in that same esthetic, the greens, some of that pink, and then lots of beautiful whites with gold like it's you guys, and the prices are excellent.
Speaker 5: And we're not being on trend again, like things like this is something we've always loved, but it does currently happen to be in as well. But it's also something that's timeless like us.
Speaker 1: No, actually, it's like it's really it is cool because you know, look again, I don't make a dollar off this line. This is all you guys, and it really is. It really is cool stuff. Like I'm not like it. Oh, I'm obsessed. I think there's almost sold out.
Speaker 3: The tell this is the way she gets from when she talks about nine on two one.
Speaker 1: H the hurricane candles, Like this is like really good stuff. I obviously have said it a million times and I think it's sold out as the bar cart is just it's literally unreal.
Speaker 2: We still have the bark cart in silver. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Really because I got the bar car, you guys, I got the bar card. So it's just great stuff. And I'm just really excited about the kitchen stuff. So again, I know this seems like I'm plugging, but I have nothing in this other than being a huge fan of Tory and Jenny. So like that's why we're doing the special episode today and then we'll be back with Oh my God, We'll be back with the next episode of the peach Pit after dark.
Speaker 4: You got.
Speaker 2: Everybody should definitely try to tune in and watch us live on QBC. We're gonna be on at ten am Eastern Standard Time tomorrow, which.
Speaker 1: Texted, somebody be ready at seven am.
Speaker 2: Put I get up at seven am. Get that credit card warmed up.
Speaker 1: The West Coast, seven am. Be ready. It's like breakfast with Tory and Jenny tomorrow. So good. Yeah, no, you guys. Congrats to you guys.
Speaker 5: It's very I mean, there's nine pieces it's on live, so limited quantity.
Speaker 3: So last time it flew out.
Speaker 1: So don't scare me because I'm actually.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, she's not a morning person. This is gonna be hard for.
Speaker 3: Her, saying you might want to set your alarm and get a little early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, I'm stoked. It's really fun. It's really fun. Like I'm so proud of you guys too. It's so cool to like have this line out there, you know. Any Okay, so before we go any other, like little Juicy, anything from nineties, con give me something.
Speaker 3: I got to talk Mold with rosemand Gallon.
Speaker 1: No, she had Mold too a moment.
Speaker 5: Like I was like, oh my god, she was so iconic, like it was my dad's show. But I was a fangirl too watching.
Speaker 3: Him in so many movies.
Speaker 5: So yeah, she was like, I just have to tell you. I follow you and I saw you and mold. I had it too, and I was like, oh my gosh. It normalizes people, right, like, oh, people go through the same thing on different levels.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had some This is not to compare, but I did have a teapot that I was using the gut mold, So people check your teapots because I think that water gets yucky. So I how to yeah, I how to toss that. Not to make it about my mold. But now you know how we rate the episodes. What would you rate nineties con scale of one to ten. I'm having a hot flash, by the way, don't mind me.
Speaker 2: That's okay, fan away, fan away for me. I would rate one itself with the fans, definitely a ten.
Speaker 1: That's so rad. Like would you say that people should go.
Speaker 3: Oh my god is epic? Yes you should go, Yes, Guysbudy.
Speaker 2: Everybody that went was so happy to be there, like they this was exciting for them, this was it and where are you go? Where's it gonna go where you see so many people in one convention center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty bananas. Wait, Tori, what do you rate.
Speaker 3: Ith a ten?
Speaker 5: I still my muscles in my face hurt from smiling so much like my actual I'm like like I was like, oh my gosh, Yeah, it was a ten.
Speaker 1: Plush.
Speaker 2: I was like, I am so hungry because the food thing, if you don't get like your breakfast in you, then you go for the majority of the day without eating. And that was rough for me because I was like hungry.
Speaker 1: And what about a potty break? Not to be weird, but like you're out there, like you can't really just run away for a poty go before you get out there.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: And I wore a jumpsuit one day, so I had no I'm not kidding. I had my spinks, I had my jumpsuit and a huge line. I was like, I have to pee and like and you're like running because you're like, oh my god, you know, we have five minutes left for the you know, to get to the group shot. Yeah, people waiting and you don't want to let them sprinting to like yeah and then back, thank you for.
Speaker 1: Sharing, and we'll see everybody soon for the next recap.
Speaker 3: So if you drove there, it would only take you three mistakes.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I almost drove, like I was considering for a moment, bringing my kids and just going.
Speaker 1: Can they please have one on the West coast. They need to have one on the West coast.
Speaker 2: Put it out there next year, probably next year, because they do one every year in Hartford. And then they have a rotating location.
Speaker 1: So oh is that true? So interesting, So they have the one always where you guys went to the last one, and then the other one rotates. Oh very cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no, thanks for thanks to everybody who came out. We had a blast with you and we can't wait to do it again. I love you, guys.