Speaker 1: Oh Man, oh man, walking about the territory, Ladies and gentlemen, What a win for the Red Sox here tonight, bit of a statement win here tonight. Listen, we still got two more games to go. We want the series win. We don't just want a win, we want a series win over the Dodgers. Here the best team in baseball, But the Red Sox took it to the Dodgers here tonight in la final score. Red Sox win nine to four. Record improves the fifty eight and fifty one, twenty fifth comeback win of the year. The most Major League Baseball up to this point is the Diamondbacks for thirty three. But what an incredible month for the Red Sox. Happy August, by the way, ladies and gentlemen, Happy August. We have now flipped a calendar. Hopefully they can keep this going. But what an incredible month of July for the Red Sox. Their best win percentage ever in franchise history twenty one and four. On month they won twenty one games in a month back in two thousand and four, Man oh man, all right, that August in two thousand and four still lives on in my memories. But this one is absolutely gonna live on in my memory for a very long time. And hey, you know what, again, while that final score may look may seem like it was an easy win here tonight, it was anything but that. For at least the first half of the game. Ranger Suarez wasn't great here tonight. Didn't have another once again, not having another long outing. He was giving up hard hits, didn't really seem to have a great feel for the breaking stuff, was leaning more into the fastball, tight pitches. Chad Tracy ended up taking him out before going up against Otani again in the fifth inning. Geovanni Moran ended up being the latest victim of show. Hey Oty, I personally would have kept Ranger Suarez in the game once again, was working with a limited pitch count. Remember he just came off the il not too long ago, but there should have been a bit more room to play with. In this one last outing, he had sixty four pitches, so I was thinking he was gonna have like anywhere from seventy to eighty here tonight. So I don't know. I would have kept him in ended up working out in the end. It is what it is, But out of the bullpen, Holy Calabrian BeO really stepping up here tonight. Bullpen. BeO is amazing. Honestly, just keep him in this kind of a role. I mean, this is the first time we've seen him come in this late in the game, right, you know, we've seen the openers Ray he ends up coming in and like you know, the second inning, third inning, But this is the latest he's come in. Unless I'm completely forgetting about a start, but he has just been amazing out of the bullpen. I don't know if it's just it's the more simple approach, right, he seems to just focus really on two or three pitches. I don't know. I'm guessing that's the key for him in my opinion. Maybe a little a little something different with the mentality warming up in the bullpen. I'm not exactly sure, but Bo has been amazing out of the bullpen. He was able to hold it down while the Dodgers did have the lead at one point. He was able to hold it down long enough for the Red Sox to get an outburst of runs. Five runs of the seventh inning SETI with an incredible night. Just letting you all know he is my player of the game here tonight. Holy cow, what a night for mister Sadam Rafaela finishing the night three for five, couple of Ribi's, a massive home run, two run, go ahead home run in the seventh. What else does he have to do? Many? How many more big stages does Set he have to go on to prove that he is one of the best all around players in the game. I don't know, but SETI absolutely amazing here tonight. And Ramonasterio had himself a good night as well. One for five here tonight, had to run double great defense as well, both sides of the ball. Monasterio looking good. We did get a report here for today from Sean McCadam saying, looking like talks between the Red Sox and the Marlins are dead. They haven't talked in a while over a possible trade candidate in Otto Lopez. I mean, yeah, we may get that report now, but you never know what could happen in the next couple of days. I'm almost like forgetting that the trait deadlines in a couple of days. That's how revved up I am over this one here tonight. But Monasterio he saw that report, I guess, and he said, all right, well, Okay, I'm gonna take on the reins now. Funny enough, while we have been talking about shortstops, it didn't dawn on me that thanks to Red Sox stats over on Twitter, he actually put out there that the Red Sox are actually ranking really well when it comes to shortstop production this past month. I mean not just the Red Sox having a good month, but shortstops of the Red Sox. Andrew Monasterio, Sung Shaig Schenk having a great month second overall in fangraft wins above replacement. Who would have thought, well, Aksraa Monasterio, he has been very good. There was at one point Monasterio had a very large negative fangraft wins above replacement. He is he has now gotten himself into the positives, especially after tonight. How about Jaron Durant after the episode last night, I think he I guarantee duran probably saw some of the criticism on social media over the last twenty four hours or so, but he was able to come through here tonight got the game started for the Red Sox of the base hit driving in a run. How about Masa taking advantage of a Freddie Freeman error here tonight? Right man at the Red Sox. They were able to pounce first. Unfortunately, you know, just range of Suarez, Giovanni Moran weren't very effective. We're able to give the lead back to the Dodgers. But again the offense Holy Cal you know, and this sorry to bring up bad memories, but you know this was a huge problem for the Red Sox. So the first monson Holy Cow, even without Curtis Mead. Curtis Mead At a broken freaking wrist doesn't matter for this lineup, doesn't matter. And also also got to talk about Wilson Contreras. Wilson Contreras, this guy's an absolute savage. I don't know what else, what else there is to say. Uh, I think he took the title as one of the toughest sobs in all of Major League Baseball. The guy got hit on the freaking helmet, absolutely shook him up a little bit. We've seen a lot of Wilson Contreras when it comes to, you know, yapping at guys out there, you know, getting in, you know, a couple of brawls here and there. We've seen him fired up, but we haven't seen him like that where he got rattled a little bit and Holy Cow. I mean yeah, when you're getting clocked with a ninety five mile an hour heat, Uh yeah, anyone's gonna get rouled. I mean me, I'm gonna be probably face down in the dirt, probably crying myself to sleep. Here's Wilson Contreras saying, nnah, I'm gonna I'm gonna walk on over the first base. I'm gonna go take my base. I'm fine. Get away from me. I'm okay, don't touch me. Wilson Contreras, He's an absolute savage. I don't know what else there is to say. He eventually came out. He know. The funny thing about that was this guy got hit on the freaking head and instead of him coming out, he eventually did come out, but instead of him coming out right there, Will Klein ended up getting taken out of the game. Oh man, I thought that was kind of funny. Obviously, you know, they were making a pitching change, but I just found the thought of that kind of funny that the guy, the guy who hit Wilson, ends up coming out, but Wilson ends up staying in Holy Cow. The guy's absolutely incredible. Great night for the Red Sox here tonight also franklin Arius with another home run down at Triple A. It's only getting louder and louder for mister franklin Arius. Is he gonna be a trade candidate? Is he gonna be with the Red Sox at some point? I'm not so sure. We're just here for the ride. We're all having fun. Ah man, this has got me all fired up here, ladies and gentlemen. I was tired like two hours ago. I'm thinking, how the heck am I gonna do this stream here tonight? I could probably stay up for the rest of the night, to be completely honest with you, man, omen Man, oh man, Let's get to it here, ladies and gentlemen. We got almost three hundred people in the chat. It is one twenty one Eastern time. I imagine a lot of you are on the West coast right now. I imagine there's some grumpy Dodgers fans out there. Hey, you know what you got Yamamoto on them out here tomorrow. I'm scared to death. I am not feeling very good about that one. Here tomorrow. We got Peyton Tolly, got Peyton Tolly man, oh man, We'll talk about it. Let's talk about Ranger let's get to Ranger Suarez. We're gonna go over the scoring again with Ranger. Five pictures here tonight that he was working with he has he was going. It was interesting in the first time through the order, mostly leaning on the fastball type pitches. He was going sinkers, he was going cutters, he was going four seamers, not a whole lot of breaking stuff. So I don't know. I don't know if that was by design or if he just wasn't having a feel. But yeah, first time through the order, more fastball type pitches, and then he started using breaking balls as he went through the order. Another time, he was fine in the first few innings there, he was able to navigate. But then the fourth thning, Otani leads off with an opposite field double. Also props to zeron Duran. You know, we could say, you know whatever about Duran's bat this year, but I feel like he's doing a great job in the outfield. Instead of letting that ball get to the get all the way to the wall, he ends up getting it. You know, a Tony still had a double. We just wanted to point it out. Duran was hustling out there, Paz with a ground out Rojast with a flyout, and then Freeman ended up having getting a base hit. We'll get to the Red Sox scoring in just a second, but the at this point they'd have a three to nothing lead. That trim the lead to three to one, then Mookie grounding out, and then the fifth inning right again, Ranger just still not looking like himself. Here's how I've always felt about Ranger Suarez. He is a like a feel kind of a guy. When he's feeling good, this guy is gonna pitch great. But if something's off, you could be in for kind of a whackadoodle night for Ranger Suarez, right, you know, and considering he missed time there, this is gonna take him a little bit. You go back to the beginning of the season, right, he had kind of like this abbreviated spring training, right, you know, it's kind of like is he you know, had the World Baseball Classic, kind of had a weird ramp up those first couple of starts. You're thinking, what the heck was we signed this guy? Who the heck is this? This isn't Ranger Suarez that we saw with the Phillies. So you know, once he gets a couple of starts under his belt, maybe you know one two more. I think we'll get back to the All Star Ranger Suarez that we were seeing so again more of like a feel kind of a guy. And you could see it wasn't really there here tonight. Taoscar with a flyout, Tucker with a walk, Keyk with the bass hit. Now Alfonso with a base hit to center field. SETI ended up making a throw to second base. Keyk ran past second there ended up throwing him out. It was challenged. I actually thought Kyk got back in, and even on the replay, I'm thinking, I feel like he's back in, but I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn it. So I feel like he might have gotten a hand back in there. Well we'll take it, We'll take it. But that was the end of the night for Ranger. I thought he was gonna go up against Otani again, but here comes Jovanni Moran. But the final line for Ranger Suarez four and two thirds, four hits, three earned only two k's only two walks, not a whole lot of swinging miss But remember before Ranger went on the IL, he was getting a ton of swinging miss a ton of whiffs. Holy cow, not really a whole lot here tonight. It is the Dodgers, I mean, holy cow, this lineup is ridunculous, but still kind of wondering where's that swinging miss? But then here comes Giovanni Morano Otani with his twenty fourth home run, absolutely belted it into the Night of La. They give the Dodgers a four to three lead, and Moran he was able to work out of that. He was able to get around it. After that, Paz with the base hit, Rojas to fly out. We'll get back to Brian Bayo in just the second, but let's get caught up on the offense here. We do a little bit of back and forth here tonight, right because this game had a few different segments to it tonight. Also do see a couple of super chats. We'll get to those in just a little bit. Thank you for those. But like I said, the Red Sox were able to get ahead early here tonight. Durbin with a walk in the second inning, a bad pickoff attempt from Will Klein, Durbin going over the second base, Monasteria with a strikeout, but then Duran getting the party started here in La to the count, wrap all up.
Speaker 2: The metal through a pro base at that'll chase in a run. Durbin is in a score Jared Durant, who is fifty fifth RBI and a Red Sox score first tonight.
Speaker 1: Wonder so Duran, after again the the episode from last night, able to get off on the right foot here tonight. We saw a lot of negative reaction towards Jared Duran over the last twenty four hours. And you know, I'll reiterate. You know, you gotta remember I'm doing a postgame reaction, so I don't have the most time to really process things. So now that I've given a little bit more thought, you know, I still think I'm pretty much in the same place that I was yesterday. I don't think the reaction was great obviously. I mean, you know, to me, I don't think you should be, you know, motioning towards you know, your teammates or your coaches. Obviously he was not happy about Wilson not tagging up, So you know, was that more directed at Eperson? I think so, but obviously Wilson's over there. To me, it just wasn't a good look. I don't know, I get he's frustrated this year. I understand it's been a tough year. It's been statistically one of the worst Red Sox seasons offensively in Red Sox history. It's been that bad. Now, sure he's been able to drive in some runs, steal some bases, but you know, obviously Duran is not having a good year. So yeah, you know the frustration spilling over. But yeah, I'll say it again, I think it was the right move to not tag up on that play yesterday so to strama. The great arm in the outfield wasn't hit very deep. So yeah, I'm not really sure what caused Duran to, you know, kind of freak out the way he did. I'm guessing he thought it was hit a little deeper. It is what it is, you know. It's but Chad Tracy said Tracy, he's a guy that's gonna stick up for the players no matter what. You know. Sure, you know, I see the people on social media saying, oh, you have to get more accountability out of Duran. Tracy's just not going to go there. He's going to defend his guys. But I am pretty sure they had some kind of a conversation behind closed doors, right. I think with just Duran obviously frustrated about how this year is gone, and just the way the Red Sox play. They're aggressive. You know, he's probably thinking, hey, what are you doing? Why aren't you scoring? But that was obviously the wrong way to react, especially the way he reacted. If you wanted to react that way, I mean, go do it down in the tunnel, you know, go do it in the clubhouse. You know, I know that it's pretty tight space over in the Sacramento. But yeah, I just don't think it was handled the right way. And I think even Duran will look back on that and say, yeah, that was probably kind of not the best way I could have done it. So it is what it is. We saw a lot of talk here today on the radio station saying we got to get rid of this guy, get this guy off my team. We actually did get a report that Jaron Duran the Red Sox could be open to moving Durant. You're not really gonna get a whole lot for him at this point because the down year. He still has a couple more years of control, so that still has some value in itself. And I don't know, again I've mentioned it before, I wonder if you could, you know, find like a creative scenario where he could be included in some kind of a deal to bring back like a bigger piece. I don't know. That's the only way I feel like I see Duran coming back, but with the good news with Roman knock on Wood starting to swing again pain free. Who knows something to pay attention to Anyway, I digress back to the game here. Just wanted to kind of reiterate my thoughts on Duran. So after the Red Sox score there in the third inning, so guard SETI with bass hits Will you're striking out. Then Wilson getting hit on the helmet ninety five miles an hour from Will Klein. Like I said, Wilson's a savage. This guy's a beast. He's an absolute freak. Stayed in the game to run. Will Klein ends up coming out. They bring in the next reliever, and then here comes Masa coming through. We love Masa on the left.
Speaker 2: Hander, taking on Yoshida, chopper to first base, bring it backs up to each of the line and rolls up the glove. One run.
Speaker 1: Who's in pair? Come say don ra Piela.
Speaker 2: He is in the store.
Speaker 1: So yeah, mass it was a very hard hit ball, one hundred and six and a half miles an hour. Freddy Freeman, the guy was scared to death of Masa. I mean Massa, it's Mack show Man. You can't handle Masa. Man. I don't know what Freddy Freeman was thinking, thinking that he could handle this guy. Well, he obviously found out the hard way. Masa got the best of them, like he has with so many others in the past. We love Masa. They gave the Red Sox a three nothing lead, but like I said, the Dodgers, they ended up storming back. Otani ended up giving them the home run to take the lead, and then the Red Sox over the next few winnings couldn't really get anything going. Now you're kind of wondering, Oh man, okay, here we go the Dodgers. These guys are amazing. They're getting the momentum. Looks like it's uh looks like the Dodgers could take off here. But you know what, here comes Brian BeO. Brian BeO. Man, oh man, I'm telling you, bullpen Bo there's something different about this guy. And you know what we've seen. Now you go back to read Debtner's right you know you're talking about, you know, one of the bigger trade candidates of the deadline. He went to the bullpen last year for the Angels. That was a guy who always had good stuff coming out of college. Was it Louisville if I remember correctly, Man, This guy would spin just beautiful, breaking stuff. This guy was, you know, very touted in that draft. Was twenty twenty I believe, and you know with the Angels, just couldn't really figure it out in the rotation, right. He would flash a lot of good things. So eventually they put him into the bullpen last year kind of simplified everything. And look what he's doing this year. Thanks Top ten when it comes to strikeouts, per nine, top fifteen when it comes to fangraft wins above replacement. So you know what you know, for Bao, obviously this is looking really good. You know, sticking this role for the rest of the year, maybe he ends up having it. You know, he can bounce back next year. Sometimes with starters, you know, you feel like you just get lost. But with debtmer's the big thing there. He's just really learned to simplify things. Seems like that's working for Bao right now. Lots of sinkers and changeups the first time through, and then second time through he started leaning more on the cutters. Beo's cutter is really interesting. It looks like a slider, but it registers as a cutter. It's a really interesting pitch. I thought it looked pretty good here tonight. He was getting a good amount of swing and miss. But six inningk Freeman Mookie coming up with bass hits. You're thinking, oh man, bullpen Bao, Maybe bullpen BeO is not gonna have it here tonight. But hey, he locked it down ta Oscar with the ground out. He struck out Tucker looking on a sinker top of the zone. Munsey intentionally walked, but then he got out Fonso to ground out. He had a one two three seventh. I mean the Red Sox at this point. We'll get back to the Red Sox here. But for the offense eighth inning, he worked around a Freeman and Tucker base hit. He struck out ta Oscar swinging on a nice cutter away, and then he got Mounsey to ground out to end the inning. Gave the Red Sox all they needed to storm back. In the seventh inning, Nick Soguard you're down four to three at this point, he gets on with the walk and here comes mister Seti in.
Speaker 2: The month of July, that's the most in the American League.
Speaker 1: Swinging and drive.
Speaker 2: Down a left field line. That's Dave Beckett goes. Can't sit goodbye off rid of the bullpen hand. The sucks her back on top a two run homer Bye Saint don.
Speaker 1: H twelfth home run of the year for Sadan Rafaela. What else does this man have to do to prove that he's one of the best all around players in the game. William with the base hit. After that, Masa with the south grounder down the third base line. It stays fair. Massa just does everything right. Man. You can't beat Masa Durbin with a bunt for a base hit. Munsey ended up holding onto it. Bases loaded at this point, and here comes Angril Monasterio.
Speaker 2: They're all filled up to two two lighter down the left fill line, Turpol all the way up against the fence. A Brillo is in, Yoshida is in. Durbin will be held at third Bna. Stereo, who has been an extra base machine, has delivered again.
Speaker 1: Had it that gave the red Sox a seven to four lead. Dram with a ground out later on ended up scoring Durbin to give the Red Sox an eight four lead. They added on another in the ninth inning thanks to an Urvias sack fly Durbin with his twentieth double of the year to set that up. Nine runs for the Red Sox here tonight, twelve hits. He had great defense as well. Mentioned it with Monasterio. Man, oh man, this guy had himself a really good night. Now. He didn't fill up the you know, the stat sheet offensively by any means, but came up with a big double right there, but made a couple a really good place as shortstop here tonight, fan freaking tastic BeO shuts it down in the ninth inning. Red Sox win nine to four, taking advantage you know, not great pitching from the Dodgers bullpen game here tonight, weren't great defensively here tonight. Good win for the Red Sox here, and you're going for the series win here tomorrow, And ladies and gentlemen, we got a very fun pitching matchup here tomorrow. We got Peyton totally going up against Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Yamamoto. This guy's a freak. He's an alien, He's an absolute stud. Listen what I saw in the postseason last year from Yamamoto. Let me forget it like that that one of the most easily one of the most incredible postseason runs from a picture in the history of the game. You know that goes up there. You know, you go back to like Randy Johnson back in two thousand and one of the d Backs, right, like some of those amazing postseasons. Yamamoto was incredible last year, but having himself a very good season. Taking a look at the numbers with Yamamoto here, let me actually pull up the numbers over on Fangrafts. We did talk about them last night, but we'll talk about him yet again. Nineteen starts el Ra at two point seven to two, fit at a three point three to one. The strikeouts are down with him, But I feel like that's a bit more by design, because it looks like he's really trying to just work on the command this year, because he's reduced his walk rate from three per nine in twenty twenty five to two per nine this year, So it seems like instead of trying to get all the strikeouts. Seems like he's trying to pitch a bit more to contact, maybe pitch a bit more in zone. You know what, let me actually confirm that. Let's see what is his zone percentage this year? I take that back, is his zone percentage is actually down this year, but he's getting more contact in zone. Funny enough, he's getting more guys to chase out of the zone. He's getting more guys to make more contact out of the zone as well. Sounds like this guy's just being a little extra crafty this year. Is he let me, let me check the pitch usage. Has he upped anything. He's leaning towards the splitter the most this year. He was leaning on the four seamer last year thirty five percent of the time, and then now he's reduced that by about ten percent. He's up you know, the splitter is right around the same. So it looks like he's upped his cutter usage a little bit. Okay, he's upped his sinkers as well, so he's thrown a little bit more of those. He's getting more ground balls. It looks like he's upped his sliders a little curveballs. He actually has reduced his curveball, So it looks like he's just leaning a bit more into the sinkers and the cutters, trying to get a bit more weak contact, probably, you know, pitching more on the edges of the strike zone a little bit. But obviously whatever he's pitching great. Taking a look at stat cast here, you got a lot of reds all across the board. Here, expected numbers, bat of ball profile. Again, not as much swing and miss, not as much strikeouts. But he's not really walking anyone. Yeah, moto one of the best freaking pictures on the planet. But you take a look at Peyton totally. Obviously we know the deal with Peyton totally. It's pretty simple at this point. He's gonna give you a lot of fastballs, right, He's gonna give you a lot of four siemers. He's gonna mix in the sinkers. He's gonna throw the cutters. The key to success, I think with totally, especially with this Dodger's lineup, he has got to work in more breaking stuff. He's gotta throw some more off speed. I'm a little worried about totally with this outing here tomorrow, I think it could be a really short day because we've seen before. Unless he's got he's feeling good about the breaking and off speed, if he's gonna be sitting fastballs most of the time, I don't know. I'm a little worried about that. But then again, you know, when you take a look at this Dodger's lineup, I mean, obviously you do got a lot of lefties in here, you know, Otani, Freeman, Tucker, Muncie. I'm very excited to see totally against Otani. I think it's really fun. And you know, honestly, I am just wondering, like, you know, obviously totally he's like a giant kid out there. Just the thought of him thinking, like what is going through his head when Otani comes up? I need to know, Like, I hope that is a question after the game here tomorrow. Hey, so when Otani came up, what were you thinking? I know they always like to say like, oh, you know, we're just sticking to the game plan. You know, we we we we you know, we've got we're going off our scouting reports. We're thinking about that. Get out of here, Peyton. Totally, when Otani comes up tomorrow, this guy is probably gonna be like, holy crap, that's show Hal's I'm excited about that. I'm excited about that Max shop. You know, obviously the hard stuff from Totally going up against Otani, that's a fun matchhup. I'm excited to see it. But again, you know, I think the breaking it off speed is a big key for him. It could be a shorter outing for Totally. We'll see, we'll see. And taking a look at that, I mean, obviously the Dodgers, I mean they have an amazing eye. But looking at how they do against left handed pitching. Against lefties this year, they are eighth in WRC plus with a one oh three. Just for giggle, how are they doing against right handed pitching? Yeah, so their first overall against right handed pitching with a one to seventeen WRC plus. So lefties they're still very good, but uh do not have as much success against righty So either way, it doesn't matter. Obviously, you saw a Ranger here tonight, didn't really matter. It's a different bit of a feel here, obviously, Ranger, more of the crafty, more of the crafty soft stuff. Right Totally's coming at you with the hard stuff. So we can actually take a look at how the Dodgers are against against different type of pitches, so obviously with totally we know what he's going to give you. So when it comes to pitch value, the Dodgers are great against four seemers. Against fastball, they are fourth overall in run value against fastballs. Against cutters, their fourth overall against sinkers. I don't know they have sinkers, change up, curveball, cutter, slider. Let me go here, Uh that's splitter. Here we go against sinkers. The Dodgers are really good against all fastball type pictures. So I mean, they're good against everything obviously, but just looking at the rankings, I mean, so you know, if you take a look at like how they do against sliders, well, second overall against sliders. Against change ups, Funny enough, the Dodgers, they're almost bottom ten when it comes to run value against change ups. It's too bad totally. He hasn't been able to get the change up figured out. So again, you know, reiterating here, I think this could be a bit of a short outing. Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully he can locate, he can execute his pictures. We'll see, we will see. It's gonna be a fun one tomorrow, Gus and gentlemen, it's gonna be a fun one. Let's get to the super chats. We had a couple of those. Let's get to those before the end of the show. Here tonight, what do we got, Steve Russo? New member sound? Do the RBI sound? They have a femway. I was thinking about doing the RBI sound. By the way, everybody, memberships are open. If you're interested, think about signing up. You get a nice little badge next to your name. You stand out in the chat a little bit more, in the comments on streams after the game, and in videos. Building up a really good member community over here. So I do appreciate that, Paul, what's going on? Arius should be up soon? Do we move Monasterio over to second base? Guys so hot with the bat? You know what, Let's take a look at Monasterio over the last I mean, goodness, I go back over the last month. I mean, the guy is just ridiculous. Let me pull this up here, I mean going back here, going back I mean the last I mean shoot over the last thirty games. He's got an OPS right under nine hundred. Over the last fifteen games, he's got a four to thirty one on base. He's got a six to fifty three slugging. I mean, the guy's just tearing it up, tearing it up. I mean, you have to keep moresterio in the lineup at this point. And you know, you know, bringing him in this year, you're thinking, this is gonna be a guy to you know, just go up against left handed pitching. But man, he is really figured things out. And you know what, let's actually, well, hal, we can go take a look at the splits, looking at the splitty splits, I mean looking at the numbers. I mean, obviously he's doing better against right handers. He's a nine to fifty seven ops against righties six thirty one or sorry, nine to fifty seven ops against lefties, six thirty one ops against righties. So obviously, you know he's doing the job that he was mainly brought in to do. But to see him stepping up against righty's a little bit more. Really nice to see Monasterio. He's been a breath of fresh air recently. Obviously sung Shake Shang when he was up, he was awesome. Right those two did a great job at shortstop over the last month. You just wonder what is going to be the deal with shortstop coming out of the deadline. So getting back to the super chat Arius, you can't really count on Arius right now. That's one of those things you let it just happen. You know. If he's playing well and he earns the promotion, then yeah, you know you make that call. But you know that's someone I never want to rely on prospects. It's fun to think about them coming up, but I want them to work into the equation. I don't want them to be the equation, right, I want them to be a part of the process. I don't want them to be the main figure.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You got to have all your all your ducks in a row first, and if he can jump in, mix in just like you know, well, obviously pedroy he got the starting job. But you think about Pedroia back in two thousand and seven. They called him up in six late season, but then in O seven he kind of just hid towards the bottom of the lineup, right, I mean they already had all their dudes, right, Manny Poppy Lowell, you're bringing JD. Drew, Right, You're bringing Julio Lugo that year, So, I mean Veraitech was in there so yeah, you had all your guys there already, so Pedroy was able to hide towards the bottom and then he just got himself going right. Xander Bogard's twenty thirteen Will Middlebrooks was struggling, so he eventually took over. So yeah, that's kind of the way I want Arius to be able to work in. That's where I hope they. I mean, yes, Monasterio and Shang have done a great job, but you still wonder. I don't know. I mean, it's a good it's a good conversation. Are you are you buying into Monasterio keeping this up, you know, Shang maybe coming up, coming back up at some point, still contributing. Or do you go for a guy that you know is going to handle business right and you still work in Monasterio where you can And then if Arius is playing still playing well up to that point, you call him in and he works into right, then you got story. So it's gonna be really interesting how they do this deadline right, you know, I don't Yeah, of course, like you do, look at short but you always have to play to the market. If the market's not there, then you know, Craig, he's shown that he'll pivot. He did it last year, right Joe in the conversation for Joe Ryan, I mean he made a good offer with Peyton Tolly and Franklin Aarius and they said no, And the pivot was just good, right, Dustin May was your backup plan and that you know, did work. So does he end up you know, if he can't get the shortstop that he feels like is gonna make the team better, does he go for a guy that can play, but you know, go for a catcher, or does he even go for possibly like a right handed bat to go out and left field, you know, and you know plays more often than Jaron Duran. So I'm curious to see what he ends up doing. And the Greham Master nineteen right, Roman Anthony coming back hopefully at some point starting to swing. But yeah, this is gonna be a really interesting trade deadline. The deadlines are always, uh, you just never know, You never know. Oh do we get a member? Oh we got a member? Justin hold on, we gotta let me Steve, let me see if I can play the We do have the RBI sound. We do have the RBI sound. We got a new member. Ladies and gentlemen, Justin. Let me say if I pronounced this right, Marciasini, Marshsini, I'm sorry if I'm pronouncing that wrong. My friend, Justin, thank you for becoming a Monster member. I think I like the RBI sound. I think we're gonna stick. I think we're gonna stick with that. It's nice, it's short, sweet to the point. I like it. I think the RBI sound for members is here to say, I'm liking that. All right, Justin, I got it right. Oh, we got a super chat Justin again, thank you so much. Uh, we got a super chat coming in from Matt. It's funny that we're shopping for middle infielders because there are surplus of infielders with Story Monastery, O Chang, so guard Meyer, Mead and Siegler. I know there's a lot of them. So yeah, you kind of wonder, like I'm curious. It's one thing if you know, like if you can go for a clean, your bona fide guy, right, like if you're able to bring in zach Netto, who you know is gonna give you pop with some speed, maybe you know, even like someone like c. J. Abrams Otto Lopez. Right. Unfortunately, we got the report here today that that might not be happening. Talks have not been happening with the Red Sox and the Marlin, so we'll see. Things can change pretty quickly. But uh yeah, I mean, you've got a lot of guys in the mix. Sim Meyer. I mean, who knows what ends up happening with him. I imagine he's probably if he ends up coming back, he'll probably being triple A. But then you know, stories gonna be coming back, So yeah, I don't know. Based on if they weren't playing well over the last month, this conversation could be different. And it is interesting. It is interesting because obviously Monasteria is looking really good, So yeah, do they go for a catcher to give you a bit more, a bit more pop? Do they go for a guy that can maybe can play go out and play some left DH a little bit. It's interesting, it's interesting, But everybody, I'm out of here now. I'm starting to feel pretty tired. It's almost two am here on the East Coast. I did come out with some predictions today on my main channel. I'll post my main channel in the chat here. I did post my my annual trade deadline predictions. If you want to go see those. I put the link to the channel down below in the chat. I mean I put out a lot of trade deadline content over the last couple of weeks. So if you're looking for something to just watch and kill some time, go check it out. Go check it out. We got a lot of stuff on the main channel. So I'm out here, everybody. If you kind of the way out, hit that like button for me to subscribe. If you're new, Thank you justin for becoming a member. Thank you for the super chest Tonight, ladies and gentlemen. We'll be back here tomorrow game two. Let me actually pull up game time for tomorrow. It's a little earlier tomorrow, thank good. Nine ten Eastern times, so we'll be here around midnight tomorrow, so Eastern time. That's nice. And this will be the last late game. Oh goodness, gracious, I'm so tired of these West Coast games. I'm mad her. Everybody going to throw the rest of your night and we'll see you tomorrow.