Speaker 1: You're listening to the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. Back to throw to a looking whips about.
Speaker 3: A wide Olphen touchdown, Tyriquel, uncolievable.
Speaker 1: It's just blue.
Speaker 2: Fire for a second time. Don knew where he was going right away.
Speaker 1: I want to hit that though.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm going to help you. Someone will stup on his.
Speaker 4: Man away Wattle, Wadle to a shotgun, back to throw, looking at them up Myers touchdown, It's Waddle, It's six touchdown. Parado's the team.
Speaker 2: Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins.
Speaker 5: Now let me check your pulse if you're not for.
Speaker 2: What is up? Dolphins?
Speaker 4: And welcome to the Drive Time podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins podcast Network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins. How's it going everybody? I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, you already know Day two of many camp is here. We'll go back to coach at the podium, back to the practice notes and hear from two players quarterback to a Tungua bi loa linebacker Jerome Baker busy show. Let's go from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is the drive Time podcast Mage Geff.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be a lot of quarterback talk and Tua Tungua Biloa talk on this pod, So strap in for that.
Speaker 2: It's really a lot of the.
Speaker 4: Same with me with Tua, and I continue to beat the drum that it's not been as flashy as the constant parade of deep shots and explosives that we saw all season last year to both Tyreek and Jalen, but having complete grasp of his job, his role in the offense, the offense as a whole, and the ultimate facilitator role within that offense and the ultimate leader of the entire football team. In fact, I thought coach McDaniel explained it perfectly this morning when he talked about Tua in the second year and how he's taken ownership of the offense and his leadership role here at the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 5: There's a lot that goes into that, you know, I think year two, the prerequisite is that he as the quarterback, he has to have ownership of everything he's doing and what everyone else is doing as the facilitator of the of the offense, and he's checked that box every every day it's been really cool in the year's time how he's not only learned the language but is now fluent in it, and that that opens quarterbacks up to doing some of the components of the job that are really it's really hard to try to be the leader of an offense and motivate guys and encourage guys when you need to, or you know, maybe be hard on guys when you need to when you're just trying to spit out a play and know your own assignment. So I went into this offseason hoping that I would see a graduation of sorts and really have every single day so that that's first and foremost for his game, you know, you're you're less concerned about the really good plays. You know, your your tension is less drawn to that, and it's more about consistency of the entire practice, Like just like a game where you can have some you know, he had his games where he made some big time plays and then you know he wasn't as happy with, you know, the rest of the game. So kind of looking at through that lens, and he's really been one of our more consistent if that, I think he's been as consistent as anybody day in day out, which has residual effects to the whole team. And I know the team can feel it as well.
Speaker 4: Might as well get the quarterbacks take on the exact same thing your second year here to how has that really increased your comfort level in the program?
Speaker 3: We feel extremely comfortable coming off of a year having to study, having to you know, get a good feel of how might cause plays. You know, get a feel of the guys running the routes, and then the concepts and where guys are going to be and the distribution of those. So makes it a lot easier when you can transition from that, you know, into this year and not have to learn new like a new offense.
Speaker 4: And I just thought this was so evident on the loan drill so far of many camps in which the drive continued beyond its starting point. Typically you get reps from the same position on the field, but once in a while they'll scrimmage it out in terms of picking it up from the previous spot, in terms of where you gained the yardage on that previous play. The two al offense went right down the field, the other two did not. But it was a lot of quick game in that to a portion. He was four for four for roughly forty yards. On that series. He found alec Ingold twice on hot throws like quick throws. One was your typical full back type of shot to the flat and area where those fullbacks tend to make their living. But off of that, having a fullback with Ingold's athletic ability really allows you to push the envelope and change, you know, the look of the defense from that particular route and the wrinkles off of it, like with a little wheel route that catches the curl flat defender on their front foot, leaning forward eyes in the backfield thinking maybe I have a big play here, maybe I have a pick, maybe I have a big stick on the fullback that can jar the football loose. And suddenly he's behind you and tu has the touch and accuracy to drop the ball right in over your head, over the top in that bucket, which he did for a big catch and run for number thirty. It was like twenty five yards or so watching thirty get down the field and make a big play. Then he comes right back with a quick shot to Aleck once again to get ahead of the chains on first down, and then a play on the move where I was super impressed by his knowledge of not just where the twenty two hats are on the field right, but he's rolling to his right. And we heard Brian Baldinger ask Tu a question about all the rollouts he worked on during the individual portion throwing the football at Tyreek Hill, and Tua really harped on the small things being so important and how he wants to get to more of the plays in the playbook, and McDaniel's like, no, we're gonna rep these things over and over again and make them muscle memory, make them second nature. And here comes Travis with his opinion once again. It's like golf man, like, if I don't go hit the range or go hit the chipping area or the putting green every day, you lose that feel, you lose that rhythm. It's the same thing for any sport really in football, especially with those touch throws, with those particular types of pitches you have in the bag.
Speaker 2: So on this.
Speaker 4: Particular play, he's rolling to his right. He's got his indicator where the ball might go right, like wherever the quarterbacks head, shoulders, knees, and toasts. Notice kid heads, shoulders and hips are aligned. Is that's where the ball. That's the only position the ball can come out from, so you're thinking that's probably where it goes. That's how manipulating and moving defenses with your eyes typically works. It's not just the eyes, it's the entire body positioning. We've covered that so many times in the podcast here. But then just as quick as he processes it all and gets aligned to that deep over he's already aligned back to the under route when the ball comes out. It's the same thing I say all the time. The eyes are hard wired to the feet. It's one of the most important, intangible, esoteric traits that I don't think a lot of folks pay attention to or even are aware of or privy to. That allows him to execute physically at the same speed that he processes mentally. And he's so sharp in that regard that when you can do that, it's like playing a video game. You can execute it as fast as you see it because you have to push a button to out there pushing the X button with the QB vision already flipped where it has to go. And I want to play some sound here from coach McDaniel on that onto his recall on his football IQ and how it helps the entire offense, especially with the audio they have now tapped into the huddle during these practices, with that helmet recorder or that helmet camera, whatever you want to call it, How that all coincides to basically increase the offense's ability from the quarterback position and the entire offense to get things down quick and get them down the right way so their second nature and you can play more reactionary football rather than think and then go. Here's coach on his quarterbacks recall on football IQ.
Speaker 5: I think that added resource. He's seen it live and he has he has a very strong recall in what he sees and is able to communicate it to coaches so that it's more for you know, coaches to see exactly what he's seeing. That that's proved beneficial as well as you know, I can. I'm not sure if you guys have it or if you've noticed or not, but I'm never in a huddle now I am. You know, there's a lot that goes on with that you don't but how you communicate to your teammates all all that's available now, and you know there's I think he I think he does get some enjoyment on Like see Coach Bevell. This is kind of hard to see, but like he's at the stage of his game where he can he already knows what he's see what he's seen, and he's u is able to articulate it well enough to now we can. We've just found out how honest he is, which is a great thing.
Speaker 4: And of course we know that this offense is steeped heavily in motion, pre snap movement and ways to give the defense eye candy, which we'll hear from TWA here in a second, and all the stuff that it's designed to. Well, actually, let's go ahead and just play the audio here from QB one. Here's two a tongue of bay Lowe on this offense motion and forcing the defense to think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say it's it's something that we've you know, tried to harp on last year during our operation. What we don't want to do is go out, get the defense set and just run a play. Those guys on the other side are already good and so forcing end to have to communicate, you know, back back backs, you know, shift in the front, you know, just having to force them to communicate and not not get set and just go out and play football and not have to think.
Speaker 4: Another thing we've discussed on the podcast is the success of this offense from last season ranking sixth and total offense despite some of the attrition at the quarterback and offensive line positions, you know, two key spots. That's a high bar, but that's what this game is all about, right, trying to get over that bar the next time, in this case, the next season. And coach McDaniel mentioned this. I think back at his original Ota press or a couple of weeks back, how operation was a big area of emphasis for him this offseason. I mean, if you cut down the pre snap and the operational errors and the timeouts used because the play didn't get in in time, and you also increase your third and short offense, it's going to be a top three offense. It's just that that was to have your biggest shortcoming or shortfall be something that's so correctable to me has me super fired up because I think this coaching staff and this personnel grouping up front on the offense, I should say, can get that stuff taken care of. And one thing I've really noticed this year, one because I love this stuff and can't get enough of it. But also because it makes my job a lot easier, is the synchronicity between coach and the players and what they all say. And it goes back to last year too. But like here's an example the coach talking operation in that previous comment, here's what Tua had to say about his second year growth and where he's really focused on for this offense to take that next step with Operation.
Speaker 3: I think for me, it's it's continuing to work on the little things. One of the things that we've been harping on has been Operation. When I think of my position, I think of, you know, what have I done as a leader for the guys up front, for the guys out there, you know, to have gotten you know them better?
Speaker 2: And what have we done?
Speaker 3: And so, you know, I think we've been we've been doing a great job working Operation, doing some cadence deals, motions, you know, trying to work a lot of things just to give some eye candy for the defense and forcing them to communicate in the back end.
Speaker 4: So that all sounds fantastic, right, But what's the other area we've discussed that could be improved or even just help us offense find a different gear that can help them stay not just ahead of the chains, but execute when they do get into those third and short situations. It's finding other options that are not necessarily vertical shots. And while I love averaging nine point six yards per past attempt, which is an outrageous number that our quarterback hit last year, you know, if you can go a little more efficient and find more consistency, as we heard coach talk about a little bit earlier or maybe.
Speaker 2: It's later, I'm not sure which piece of the audio that comes.
Speaker 4: In here, then you can all of a sudden, stay on the field longer, you know, help your defense rest longer, score more points.
Speaker 2: Which obviously is the ultimate goal.
Speaker 4: But I want to go ahead and go to this about the practical application of all that in accordance with facing this defense assembled here by Vic Fangio, and obviously coach Fangio's resume speaks for itself. We've done our deep dive on the system with some of the best football minds in the analyst slash media landscape, and as great as all of that is, who better than Tua and Mike McDaniel to shed some light for us on that. Here's what Tua had to say about this defense.
Speaker 3: I think what he does a really good job with his guys is holding shell in the back end. They do a really good job holding shell and you know, being able to disguise their coverages in that sense. But there's so many nuances to what they do and how they run their defense, so many coverages. You know, it's not just one. There's like a knockoff of like six in just one coverage. So you got to know what they're doing, and if you don't, they'll make you pay.
Speaker 2: Holding the shell.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's been the broken record here on the podcast of these these practices and recapping the practices, how the coverage has helped produce pressures and sacks, how it's forcing the quarterbacks to scour their entire progressions and make these rapid decisions as the information comes flying at you at one hundred miles per hour. I mean, we use the term iron Sharpen's iron way too loosely, in my opinion in twenty twenty three, I think, but this is a case where it makes so much sense. Coach also praised to was recalling his presser this morning, which again something we cover extensively on this podcast. I'll never forget the Cleveland game last year in TUA, explaining Palm's coverage, reading the leverage of the defender sitting on a route and throwing the ball in behind him to the back pylon for a touchdown like at a smart smart football, high level foot balls. Coach told him on the sideline was that game or the Houston game where he was super where he was miked up and he told how high of a level he's playing at.
Speaker 2: Either way, you get it.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to coach for some detail on how to attack this offseason. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the major part of it is that he's put time into his body that I think helps him perform all tasks. You know, I think that he is It's funny to reflect on some of the the the areas of concern so to speak, when I first got here, or just things that were on my radar of you know, random people saying Okay, well you know he's young or whatever, and you know, I didn't have a complete picture on what, you know, what type of professional he was, you know, and you as we stand right now, I mean, this dude is everything you'd look for in a starting quarterback in terms of professionalism. How he tends to do his job, how serious he takes it, he takes pride in making sure he does his job, but more importantly, how he makes others better at their jobs. And all of that can fall on deaf ears if you're not living it yourself, and so he's I think it's empowered him to, you know, kind of what I was talking about before, where he is really owning the position and going about the verbiage of the offense, but really as well as like motivating teammates and encouraging them. That probably doesn't look the same if he didn't, you know, go about his individual work on his body, which has residual all over the place. So you're talking his ability to make certain plays has enhanced. His ability to protect himself as enhanced, you know, and his ability to communicate and do his job with his teammates is enhanced. I think it affects everything.
Speaker 4: You kind of get the sense why coach is so effusive in his praise of his quarterback, right, I mean, how can you not be. He does it all the right way, and he's giving himself the best possible chance to take last year's raging success from a production standpoint, and take it up even another level.
Speaker 2: And then a quick aside here, real quick.
Speaker 4: Tua was asked about the go fundme donation for the creator of Tua Non, Eric Carmona, which our thoughts are still with him and his family, and you know he passed away last week, but Tua and Tyreek both kicked in major donations to ten thousand dollars to that GoFundMe, And he said todays press conference when asked about it, how he and the Dolphins were thinking about Eric Carmona's family in this incredibly trying time.
Speaker 2: I'm tough to transition off of that. Will try.
Speaker 4: Anyways, let's go ahead and go back to talking about or I should say back to the discussion about the weight room and the off season and.
Speaker 2: The bod, the hair, the bod.
Speaker 4: When you're staying right now, the demigod here's too talking about his offseason regimen and putting on some weight and some muscle in the gym.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to work on everything as much as I'm trying to work on throwing the ball, getting the ball to the guys, you know, being able to push the ball a lot more downfield, you know, getting into playbook. I'm doing the same with my body.
Speaker 5: So yeah, So I just.
Speaker 4: Put together this entire picture all the traits I've raved about of Tuas for years. The command of the offense, the leadership role, he's clearly assumed.
Speaker 2: It's exciting.
Speaker 4: Man, were a few months out from from the season, and I can't wait for it.
Speaker 2: To get here. I love what I see out here.
Speaker 4: You come to practice, you know, in the past, like I hope Toua has a good day, But now I'm coming to practices expecting a clean operation with him and the guys, expecting really you know, fluid, few balls on the ground, and you're getting it each and each and every day here, each and every day. It's been fun to watch him grow and develop and blossom into the player that he is now. Today, before our first break, why don't we go ahead and hear from his teammate, linebacker Jerome Baker on the command two has of the offense. He's just like, he's.
Speaker 1: Like one of those guys that every year he's trying to get better in every aspect. This year, you could tell physically he lives different, but mentally, man, he's sharp. I don't think he even threw a pick. It's all season, so mentally he's just sharp and he's on in. You could tell now he's getting on guys when they're not doing right, and that's just, you know, good to see.
Speaker 2: Great stuff there.
Speaker 4: We're deep into the podcast for our first break. Let's go ahead and take it right there and come back and get to the rest of the practice notes and play some more audio for you all on this to a heavy edition of the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by AutoNation, So a full segment there to quarterback one, which I think a lot of teams would do. That that was fun to track and put together. Let's go ahead and get to the rest of practice. I thought it was a struggle for the other quarterbacks today, miss fires, high balls, hitch up, hitch up, hitch up, too late, get it out. Mike White threw a pick in today's practice. I thought today was his biggest struggle. I thought it was Skyler's best day. But that doesn't, you know, change kind of how I've broken the quarterbacks down here so far on the pod. I thought Skyler had one of the best balls of the day, throwing a deepish shot to day Wood Davis over the middle of the field, right over the top of tight coverage. You're putting Davis in a position to run after the catch. I thought it was a touchdown and a really nice fast run to the end zone for Davis, though they did rule him down around the fifteen yard line or so in one of those drives where they go the whole field period of practice. Then two plays later, a scaler comes back and finds him for a short throw that he turns up for another nice touchdown run going into the end zone. Impressive finish there for both Thompas and Daywood Davis. Late in practice, I had Jeff Wilson and devon a chain with big slicing runs to the teeth of the defense. Again, you never know when it comes to tagging off. I thought both guys pressed and made decisive cuts to get north and south and hit that second level with authority. That's of kind of how this run game is designed, right. I think the personnel we have really fits that style as well. Chris Brooks, the rookie out of BYU, had a nice run late in practice that kind of got my attention in terms of the power that he played with there in the college game and you know who was excellent, alec ingold Man. He just opens up so much with his role in a position that's pretty unique in the NFL in terms of the fullback and how teams, how few teams deploy one, not to mention his athletic ability and pass catching ability. He was fantastic again today. As far as the offensive line goes, same thing I set off the top.
Speaker 2: It's really tough to gauge.
Speaker 4: The performances in these types of settings, but I thought that Lamb, Jackson, Hunt and Win were part of the key blocks on those big runs I mentioned from Wilson and a chain. Also, Austin Jackson had a really good pass rush rep against Emmanuel Ogba, one of tours longer completions of the day, a nicely lofted shot to Wadle for a chunk of yards down the field.
Speaker 2: Rob Jones also had a really nice.
Speaker 4: Catching climb where he got out in space and attached to the second level linebacker and turned him out of the gap to create space for a nice Chris Brooks run. I mentioned Waddle put him in the same category that I mentioned with Wilkins yesterday, who was in the orange jersey today. By the way, and had a great playlist with some popa roach and some Britney Spears and some I think it was like R Kelly or something.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, but.
Speaker 4: He had tu or rather Waddle just catches it and takes off like he's so dang good. He had two plays from two where I think he might have scored in live action, with perfectly located passes right out of the break leading him into the run after the catch, just like the eighty four yard score against Green Bay, just like the sixty seven yard score against Buffalo, just like the fifty some yard play in Baltimore. The guy is instant offense, I thought Eric Azukama had one of his best days I've seen. He's got such strong hands and just plucks it with what looks like minimal effort, and he keeps his foot on the accelerator towards the goal line.
Speaker 2: That's sort of the entire offenses.
Speaker 4: Get these guys on the move and let's turn good gains into huge gains. And of course a quarterback that really fits that mold as well. With Tua's accuracy. We got to see Tua and Tyreek getting a lot of work during the individuals always fun to watch Tyreek play football, even if.
Speaker 2: He's just running on air.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that, let's go to coach who for some sound on Tyreek and how each player during this portion of the calendar, their practice, their workout, their off season program is a case by kse situation because not everyone's participating. Full go Tyreek one of those guys. Here's coach on the decision to do that with Tyreek this spring.
Speaker 5: I'm very consistent that I'll be inconsistent with player to player. I think it's I think it's it's hard. But if you prove to the players that your intent is right, and you and and you're doing stuff for the right reasons, and you pay attention and and knows who's deserving it of a little time off or or maybe you know, we're hyper sensitive to maintenance of someone. Case by case, you you approach it as such. You know, I know one thing, if Tyreek is at risk for further injury. He doesn't know any speed on the practice field, as you guys know, but full go. So there's also a component of coaches protecting players from themselves. And he's dealing with some minor stuff. But you know, if at any point we think it makes the Miami Dolphins worse for someone to practice turn the page. He will not practice, So that's kind of where he's at. Or you know, I have no concerns of any player, whether you're the fifty third, the ninetieth, or you know, one of the best players in the league. All of those players in a pool, Tyreek is probably the least I'm worried about being physically able to perform his tasks, and I will say he's in executing his assignments and walkthroughs. He is he is putting his best foot forward, is night and day ahead of where he was last year with regard to the offense, and it has his mind set on improving and getting better from last year, which is the only place we'd want it.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to some more audio on a player who I think has had an excellent spring so far at the wide receiver position and Chosen, Robbie Chosen. Let's go ahead and first go to head coach Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 5: Chosen's been awesome to have around because he's a He's at a point of his career where he's experienced a good amount of success, but he's hungry to continue to develop and improve. One of the most coachable guys that I've been around that have had success at the level that he's had in this league. He is open minded, bright eyed, and wants to be better and doesn't just say that. A lot of people can say they want to be better, but then when you're trying to improve stuff, you have to be real with yourself and take criticism. And he is a tough minded individual that means what he says and has followed through hasn't is really just approached it that he wants to be a part of the team. I think he is about the cause as much as anyone in terms of you know, he knows the direct history of the Dolphins and and what it would mean to the city for the Dolphins to be a success at the level that we all so you know, he's doing it for the right reasons and doing it.
Speaker 4: Well and for good measure. Let's go ahead and hear from quarterback to a tongue bai LOA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chosen is a great teammate. Uh. He's he's really fast. He knows how to get the ball. He's been getting getting the ball a good amount this this OTAs. But he's a really good player, just like you know everyone in his room.
Speaker 4: Let's go ahead and take our last break right there and come back on the other side.
Speaker 2: Cover the defense. And here's some additional media from Wednesday.
Speaker 4: That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by AutoNation.
Speaker 5: Heat.
Speaker 4: Back on the floor for game number three tonight, Lionel Messi coming to Miami. What a time for South Florida sports. And how much fun is that game too? By the way, these games.
Speaker 2: Are making me a nervous wreck.
Speaker 4: Usually the Dolphins are the only ones that can do that, but the Miami Heat have certainly joined those ranks, along with the United States men's national team in soccer, and I guess the Maras playoff baseball game would do that as well. But I just love this Heat teams resolve. Once we saw Max hitting those early threes in Game two, I knew they'd have a chance because Game one got away from them just because to me the shots were not falling. Cannot wait for Game three in Miami tonight. Let's go baby, back to the football and back to the defense. I thought Raykwan Davis was really good today. He had a pass rush win that would have shut the play down if we were live. Aka Sack had some really good work in the Running game as well. Christian Wilkins Ransom repeat every single damn day. I don't think we appreciate enough as a collective or talk about enough Emmanuel Ogba's work in the Running Game. He sets the hardest edge on the team, for my money, and he put a clinic on today, set in the edge in funneling plays back inside to his help. You can set your watch to that guy in that role. Mitchell Lagude didn't have the same monster day he had yesterday, but I thought one rep he did have was just as impressive as any from that big day. He gets a pass rush win and maybe had a sack. It's tough to tell sometimes, and he gets up off the turf and just sprints downfield to get back into the action twenty yards away. That stuff always looks good on tape, and if you're doing it, you're smart because for UDFA trying to make a name for yourself, that's a good way to do it for the coaching staff, which he has done here in the month of June. Garrett Nelson turned in some more good plays today at one point. I'm sitting next to my guy, Daniel O Yafusi up in the bleachers. I said, was that Nelson again? Yep, he says he's been getting after it. Cameron Good had one of the best coverage reps I saw today, chasing a back downfield making a pass break up for something like thirty yards down the field. Let's go ahead and finish on the back end. Here and here from head coach Mike McDaniel, who was asked on Wednesday morning, what do coaches tell you about Gileen Ramsey's presence in the building on a.
Speaker 2: Day to day basis.
Speaker 5: He is a very talented individual, you know, in more more ways than one. He's been exactly what we need from a guy that is in charge of holding a predominant piece in our detail. He's been engaged. He he has history and a version of the scheme, so there's a lot of he there's a lot of talking points that if you have the right type of players, you can really get to the next level in terms of how you execute your defense. And he's fit right in with with a lot of veterans here. I mean, you can already see his him push X for ex's benefit. You know, his the way he communicates with you know, guys that that are out there coming off the field and Javon Holland, I mean, that's that's tremendous. But there's also you know, he's communicating with all the secondary players as well as some of the guys that aren't practicing, like the Brandon Jones's or the Nick Neaedams, like he is exactly what we'd hope for, probably a little bit more.
Speaker 4: I think the secondaries where you see the biggest growth from a year ago. So far in these spring practices, it looks so sharp, so coordinated. All the space on the field is typically accounted for as much as you can at least, and you've heard the podcast, a lot of these completions are happening into tight windows and Justin Bethel's been terrific. I think he has a case for an orange penny. On Thursday's practice will find out about that. He had an interception on a third and eleven play during the full field drive. I think it was end of games. You got to push the ball right, but he stepped underneath River Craycraft and made a pick there. Xavier and Howard's having an excellent week not sure. I've seen him surrender a catch so far, and I'll say watching him and five during install zone turn get the eyes in the quarterback. It's kind of intimidating, Like I think this defense is going to turn people over a lot more than it did a year ago. I saw him make one play on an intended pass and then there was a screen earlier in practice where x sifted through the traffic and tagged it off in the backfield.
Speaker 2: He looks really good so far in these practices.
Speaker 4: Javon Hollins kind of the similar categories like xaviing Howard there for what it's worth.
Speaker 2: He's quick to.
Speaker 4: React and cut off verticals, he rotates quickly, he disguised as well. I think him and Deshaun Elliott have both had a great start to camp. And once again Tua's comments about Fangio's defense and I played earlier really confirms what I've been going on about with how the coverage structure is so sound and it forces quarterbacks to process the entire look in the entire progression and sometimes just take what's there underneath. Let's go ahead and finish on that topic here with Jerome Baker and how to play within this defense. Here he is talking about playing under coach Fangio.
Speaker 1: You got to be a smart player playing in his defense. But once she get it down and once she have idea what you're doing, I mean, it's so fun playing just the different things we do, different things we ask you guys, It's definitely gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: So actually want to go ahead and finish up here with this question and answer from Tuatungo ba Loa and a reporter. There's a question in here as well, So it's two answers from Tua talking about the idea of culture and getting the right guys in the building oppose just the most talented guys and the impact of when you do have those talented guys who are also the right guys and the benefit of that.
Speaker 2: Here's QB one to close the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's really important because if you have someone with talent that does their own thing, it's gonna screw up that entire symphony of the offense, the defense, or the special teams. And if you get someone that's less talented but understands what they're doing their simon, he's going to be where he needs to be when he needs to be there and whatnot. I mean, it's gonna it's gonna move like a symphony, and you know, guys in the back end are going to be able to help that one specific guy, you know, kind of cover his tracks if he's a little if if he's not as good as you know per se, you know, some someone else at that position.
Speaker 2: So when you put it together, like a guy like treeks will working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you have guys like that at the top of the food chain, that makes it a lot easier to think for the other guys.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it makes it a lot easier because you know, before Tyreek came here, he was a well known person. You know, he's a superstar in the NFL, and for him to come here, we have a young team, so you know a lot of the younger guys look up to someone like him, and now that he's on the team, you know, they see the kind of work ethic he has. They see what kind of person he is in the building, around the building, and it's like, oh, he's you know, he's he's a cool dude. He's just like any other person. You know, He's not this I'm I'm this ego person. Although everyone in the locker room thinks they're better than everyone, but you know it's at the end of the day, it's it's a team, and you know everyone respects each other in there.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 4: Another fun addition of the Draft Time podcast recapping practice and I'm really enjoying these storytelling style shows. I'm curious to hear how you guys feel about them. A post of just throwing the media on the back end and giving you all the practice notes, trying to put these all together. More work, more time, but I think a better product. So please tell me what you think about that. In the meantime, it's going to be my time.
Speaker 3: You all.
Speaker 4: Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on Twitter at linkfold NFL. You can follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice. Jeff Wilson's episode just dropped earlier today.
Speaker 2: Go check that out. He is a.
Speaker 4: Ball of energy and a fun guy to talk to. Had a chance talk to him myself for some content we're doing coming up this summer as well. Also the YouTube channel for media Availabilities and Dolphins Today. Last, but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com until next time. Finn's Up, Caroline and Cameron Daddy's coming home.