Speaker 1: Welcome back to Unplugged everybody. Obviously, we were on hiatus last week due to the LA fires. As LA starts to try to put itself back together, there are still two fires that are burning, the Eating Fire and the Palisades Fire. Hopefully those will be extinguished in the next few days. But as I kind of sit back and just think about what happened, it's crazy to me. California is known for two things, and that's earthquakes and wildfires. And you hear all the stuff that went bad and went wrong, and we weren't prepared. It's hard for me to imagine that as much as we pay in taxes and as expenses as it is to live in California, that we don't have the best in practice when it comes to earthquakes and fires. Those are the two things that California is known for, and we just weren't prepared. We lost the zip codes through this fire. Several fires were started, whether it be through power lines or the losers out there trying to light them. But you know, my heart goes out to all the families who were affected during this time. People lost houses, people lost their lives, lost their livelihoods, but also want to thank all the first responders, all the firefighters Mexico, Canada, everyone who tried to pitch in at a time of need for us. Obviously, the people who are in charge are going to take a lot of heat. You saw Mayor Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom take a lot of heat for this, and whether it's their faults or not, and you hear about budgets being cut and whatnot. I think it's real wake up signed for people to understand that your local and state voting is much more impactful to our day to day lives than actual the federal vote is. And we have to put people in charge. And I'm not saying the people that are in charge now aren't adequate, but we definitely weren't prepared for what took place starting on January seventh in La. So as we move forward, I think pointing fingers is pointless. I just hope that we learn from this, because we all know that we will still have earthquakes, and we all know that nearly every single year LA has fires. So I hope that we learned a huge lesson from this and moving forward, will be prepared for anything then mother Nature may throw our way. My heart goes out to everybody and La strong. We will be If you're looking to donate, We've Teina with the Altadena Team Boys fire Recovery. They're accepting donations that six ' four nine North Madison Avenue, La California. Our hopes, our thoughts and prayers are with everybody. Now I want to welcome one of the hosts from ninety two point three, one of the most influence white boys in the music space.
Speaker 2: Jesus my God, cam Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's saying something, though, man, because you have I tell people, man, I don't take my voice in this space for granted, you have a really respected voice in a space that's not predominantly white, and.
Speaker 3: You're I'm obviously like a guest, you know, in the house of hip hop, and you know, I've been doing radio and hip hop has been my life since I was a kid, so to be able to grow up and turn it into my profession, and I don't take it for advantage, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also saw you nominated for a BT hip Hop Award Best Platform, So congratulations.
Speaker 3: That was cool for sure. Yeah, definitely the only white that was nominated for that, So I'll take it, you know.
Speaker 2: Come on. Yeah, but let's get to business man.
Speaker 1: So Drake had some stuff going on initially, and now the actual lawsuit has been filed, not against Kendrick but against UMG. So break this down where we're at and kind of your point of view.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean, listen my point of view. It's been pretty honest on Twitter. Just from like a hip hop perspective. I think this is the most you'd like we always like would use jaw roll as like a verb like oh, you got jaw ruled or whatever. Like I feel like this is just like Miles and Miles beyond the jaw roll thing. Like there was a there was supposed to be a petition for like information that was like last I think it was late last week or early this week. No, it was late last week.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Essentially they were like trying to get information from Spotify and from iHeart Radio, and Drake was accusing like essentially you know treatment that was was benefiting Kendrick and not him from all these platforms, whether it was radio, whether it was the streaming services.
Speaker 2: But that same treatment has benefited Drake throughout his career.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. But also like so that that got thrown out, and then a new official suit was filed for defamation, which I thought was interesting because some of the stuff in there was just funny, like he accused Kendrick of be an anti Semitic when he had the colonizer line, because Drake's obviously has Jewish heritage. And then he compared not Like Us. He called it the twenty twenty four version of Pizzagate Jesus, which was like the QA non conspiracy theory. And so it's just like a lot of like big reaches and like, you know, speaking from somebody who like plays a lot of Drake on the radio, played a lot of Kendrick on the radio, like Not Like Us as a hit record, Like you just can't like it just is what it is. You cannot bought your way to a number one record. You cannot like fake your way to culture, you know what I'm saying. And so I just think that, you know, Drake probably thought that I don't know who was advising him in terms of like going for with this lawsuit and the optics of it. And you know, maybe the beef did affect his negotiation pull with Universal because he was in the middle of negotiating a deal. But I think the after effects of his perception now moving forward will probably cost him way more money than this lawsuit could ever get him. Even if he wins the lawsuit, would.
Speaker 1: I would argue that his reaction to the loss has hurt his reputation more than the actual loss did, because I mean, at the end of the day, he's still Drake. I mean, I'm I'm a I'm a huge Drake music fan, always have been. He's held it down for the light skin. But it's hard to condone and and back some of these, you know, a lot of the moves he's making posts like he said, who's in this corner condoning this? But I would say, you took the l in the and let's keep it real up until not like us, it was a coin flip.
Speaker 2: Who was one?
Speaker 3: I disagree, but I see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not man, I'm a huge Kendrick fan, but I'm also I also fucked with Drake and the fact that Drake took on not just Kendrick, he took on for sure people.
Speaker 3: I said, you know what's funny.
Speaker 2: I said that.
Speaker 3: I said, like when when push ups came out, which was like right after it, well not right after, but like that dropped. It took a while for Drake to respond. He was on tour and then push Ups came out and he kind of had to respond to everybody. So he had smoke for the weekend and he had everybody.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: Once push Ups dropped, I said, well, you know what, like that was kind of playful. Euphoria came out and it just was like a real, like five minute long like he really kind of deconstructed Drake as a human and then also predicted so much of what was going to happen. And you know, I think we also forget that Drake, Yeah, he kind of did some whost shit. I mean he did he did an AI version of Tupac and Snoop Crazy, and we just forget about that. Yeah, and then he you know, he pretty much. I mean, he did accuse Kendrick of beating his wife. He accus Kendrick's best friend of being his Yeah, his his his, his kid's dad. And so for me, it's like obviously those things were within, like you know, the bounds of a hip hop beef, because as we know, in hip hop, like there's nothing limits, there's nothing off limits, and so you know, did Tupac ever fucked Faith Evans. I don't think we ever got a yes or no on that, but he said it, and it just is what it is, you know, And so I just think that now. And the other thing is he replied to not like us. He put out the Hard Part six and that ship was booty cheeks. So it's like, dude, if, like you said, if he would have just kept it moving put I mean I thought he was kind of on that path because he jumped on the Sexy Red record and kind of made fun of the Bbo drizzy thing. I mean, I think we would, we would just we'd forgive. I mean, people take El's.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was his back tobacco. Meek was tough, he smoked me off, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but me did what he had to do, head down, released his own shit, and yeah, now it is you know, now it is what it is. I kind of felt, obviously, with Drake's talent, that could have happened. But again, I feel like the path he's taken post L to me on the outside of the public perception, because that's you know, that's what we live by these days. I mean, he's harmed hisself more than the L could ever harm.
Speaker 3: Them, and nobody has benefited more from the Machine than Dread.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just a fact.
Speaker 3: Like it's not even a discussion. I think they said when Scorpion came out. Whenever that was, I think it was twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, it was around the time the Rockets or the Raptors won the finals.
Speaker 2: But uh, he.
Speaker 3: Had every major Spotify playlist cover at the same time when that album dropped.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 3: So it's like, wait, so the machine worked for you, then you weren't bitching then, you know what I mean. And so to me, it's just it's just some real, respectfully like bitch ash shit for real, Like I don't understand it, because, like you said, Drake's an amazing artist. He's biggest hit maker ever, He's the most prolific hit maker we've ever had.
Speaker 2: Well, his music have the same effects moving forward.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, I think it's I think it's I think Drake better hope that. Uh, you know, the pop fans and the girls and the girls don't give a fun But even then it's like even the girls are probably looking at.
Speaker 2: Like corny shit.
Speaker 3: It's just a little hard to like because you know, Drake will do the tough guy talk on some of these records, like you just can't. There's just a certain amount like Drake can't make certain types of records now without people looking at him like he's crazy.
Speaker 1: I had the same thing, or like because he at the time he had the ear of the streets that at some points on some of his records, not all of them, he's been able to play both sides. He's been able to walk the yes sides. But I don't think you can do that no more.
Speaker 3: Do I think it's over?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: I think this. I mean because if you think about the like Drake is the he is the you know, there's nobody you can't get bigger than Drake. No, so when we think about John Rule, John Roull was huge, but.
Speaker 2: He wasn't Drake huge ahead of his time. But go ahead the story.
Speaker 3: But it's like now, it's like, you know, we're gonna look back and be like, damn Kendrick like not like us literally like derailed Drake and made us all think about him differently because look ether Nas beat jay Z, right, I mean, and you can there's a toss up in terms of like when you listen to takeover versus Ether, which age better than all that. But at that time, the perception was NAS one. And then even when the Blueprint two came out, you know, people weren't because Jay was still taking slight shots to NAS on Blueprint two. But Jay wasn't like j J just weathered the storm. Bro.
Speaker 2: He took it like a bro.
Speaker 3: That was it. And to me, it's like people lose battles.
Speaker 2: This is it competitive.
Speaker 3: It's competitive.
Speaker 1: It's almost a sport and everybody's bound to lose. Drake hasn't lost much, but he took an l but just the way he went out.
Speaker 3: With I mean, this is the second time he's lost. Shot to push your teeth, but you know.
Speaker 2: He doesn't take many.
Speaker 1: Moving on man, public perception of what happened with Dog, she did and performed him and and Soldier performed at hosted by David Sachs. People thought it was actually Trump's inauguration and the social media world went crazy. But I saw your tweet last night when I was in the airport and I read it and it made a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, this is what I think is like crazy is like I remember turning on CNN, was it yesterday, and that's what kind of like it might have been the day before because it had his face next to like these country singers and like essentially saying like artists performing at Trump's inauguration events, right, And so you know at the end of and I've spoken with people close to Snoop about this, and I know you're close with Snoop. At the end of the day, I saw and what made me want to tweet this was because I saw the video of him on stage and I just saw like all these crypto brands behind. I didn't see anything, nothing. And then it's like, Dude, at the end of the day, Snoop is probably the most crypto forward thinking artist we've ever had.
Speaker 2: No question.
Speaker 3: This guy was ahead of the curve on Sandbox. I remember if people were spending real like six figures to like have digital real estate next to his house on Sandbox.
Speaker 1: Shout out to his son though his son in his lot, Homie. I forgot his name, but they got Snoop all into that and he mastered.
Speaker 3: It and then even like the Mount Westmore album, Yep, he put that out as an NFT. First, you got to think like when he acquired death Row, he pulled off all his solo albums from the streaming services for a couple of years. Like Doggy Style you could only get on the on web three, you couldn't stream it for a while. So like, this guy is like elbow deep in the crypto space, and people who are involved in this event are like, it's like he knows them. So it's not like you know, He's like these are his people.
Speaker 1: So what do you think the disconnect was with people confusing it with Trump's inauguration and actually what it was.
Speaker 3: So there was a flyer that I saw that said the Crypto Ball, and then on the top of it it said in honor of the first crypt President, Donald J. Trump, And so again though that doesn't make it like an official anogma, like Trump wasn't there, Like he was not there. And then I have some people replying to my tweet and they were like sending pictures of like Snoop taking a picture with some like kid who had a Maga hat on, and it's like, yeah, it's a fucking crypto event, bro, like most crypto bros are probably supporting Donald Trump though bros, right, But to me, it's like what bothers me about it, dude is like just seeing people not even add any nuance or context to the event and just shitting on Snoop and pulling up a video from twenty seventeen where he was essentially saying, you know, kind of shitting on anybody who had performed for Trump because since then I saw an article that he he said that he had kind of like rethought his position on Trump since he uh, part Intario. And so for me, it's like, look, man, we're talking about Snoop dog and there's so many hip hop talking heads who took this as an opportunity, an opportunity to just because there's there's really there's a real economy behind this divisive ship and shipping on people. And I'm like, not Snoop, bro, Like, if you're gonna do it, like do it like with full context, because we're talking about somebody who has been there for the youth for years. I mean, I don't know how many kids this dude is coach that have made it to the NFL. Like Snoop Dogg is like not the guy to like try to run through the mud and act like he's a salad. Like it's fucking Snoop, Like what are we talking.
Speaker 1: About the most famous person after the after? I mean already before he would the path, the trajectory he was on, but after the Olympics, like is the most.
Speaker 3: You do realize you're the most famous person alive. I don't know who's more famous. Like I don't think Jordan is more famous.
Speaker 2: Than Snoop right now, I would argue, I would agree, like back at.
Speaker 3: Like you know, in the nineties, Jordan was the most famous person you know, but it's Snoop. Everybody knows Snoop, your grandma nos Snoop. I mean he has got his own damn elf on a shelf at Target.
Speaker 1: Right now, because he had the elf on the shelf at our crib with the kids tripping off of Snoop on a stoop man Snoop on a stoop, and he had a little blood. The Snoop on the stoop had a little blood. I mean, he's just he's been able to reinvent himself and stay relevant for so I mean from where he started to where he is now. I mean it's nothing but growth. But like you said in your tweet, I mean he's brought nothing but smiles to our faces for decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like this guy is a crypto guy though, like he is in the space, so for him to go to the crypto ball and there was a bunch of people there, you know what I mean, there's a ton of people there. So my whole thing is like, if you're gonna bring that up and you're gonna just post this video from twenty seventeen side by side with Snoop on stage, it's just to me, it's just opportunistic. This soap box shit gotta stop, man, because at the end of the day, man, whether or not you voted for Trump or you voted for Kamla, it's like, bro, your neighbor, there's people in your family who who voted for either way. Right, So it's like, you know, there's just there's a bit of a real economy developed. I mean it's always been this way, but you know, the divisiveness of our country, there's money behind that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, people make full livings just making us hate each other. And it's like, don't make us hate Snoop.
Speaker 2: Though, yeah, come on, it's Snoop Dog. I think that's off limits.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I always because my group chat, I was some of the homies in the group chat man. I'm like, come on, Fellas, I'm a hold and I was one person. I'm gonna hold off until I know the full context of this because I know him too well to kind of cross.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like the inauguration is today and there's gonna be people performing there. Yeah Snoop won't be one of them. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: So Jellow Ball sign a deal with deaf Jam. Obviously we're hearing it's a thirteen million dollar deal, eight million guarantee. Can you break that down from what you know and exactly what is going on because it's not always what it seems.
Speaker 3: So typically that's an advance on the royalties for that song. So I'm not sure what the up to thirteen million includes, but if he got eight million dollars up front, it's probably a single deal I would assume for a single maybe, And if it is, that's insane crazy the way that's like crazy that that's a lot of money. But how it would work is if he got eight million bucks, that song would have I don't know what his royalty rate is or whatever, but let's say it's not fifty to fifty if it's deph Jam, but let's say it's a fifty to fifty deal, which is not because def Jam's it's probably like an eighty five to fifteen or something like that. But uh, for math purposes to break it down, make it easier. He's getting an advance on his portion of his royalties. So if it's an eight million dollar advance, that would mean the song would have to make sixteen million dollars for him to break even. But he's got eight million in his pocket. So if the song doesn't recoup, I mean, that's on def Jam. They they ate the l so, but that's a lot of money. Like I know very big artists who have platinum records who get a million dollars from that same label when they turn an album in.
Speaker 1: What's what's next from? How does he make this into a career? He just got to I don't know man to keep he? I mean, because he's got to put out he's got it. I mean an album? Is it more singles? I mean, what's the what's the I mean, because this is new, this is it's probably singles. It's a legitimate former athlete that's crossed over into the music space has made a hit.
Speaker 2: But to me, what's now? And I'm happy for bro like I fucked with that.
Speaker 3: I fuck, he already won if he doesn't do anything else after.
Speaker 2: This, no question.
Speaker 3: The fact he got that bag from death, no question, he already won.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's that low. It's just like one. You know, this was like a flash in the pan viral moment, right, So is there more where that came from? We'll have to find out, right.
Speaker 2: Like you said, even if it's a one hit to wonder you won.
Speaker 3: He won already And I mean, look he probably you.
Speaker 2: Know, fucking with it. There's gonna be remixes and everything done to it.
Speaker 3: And he's forever going to be blamed by Lions fans. Is the reason why they got fucking smoked by the commanders.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's number twenty nine on the Billboard Hot one hundred right now, So it's.
Speaker 3: That's that's big. Come on huge to him. And hey, LeVar balls a g.
Speaker 1: He's a hustler. I mean three for three, come on all this boys here. I ain't mad at that. Anything you got coming on working on this year at the top of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I just opened a pizza restaurant. Birdman called what updo?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a nightclub in Scottstale is doing really well eleven eleven. And then just the podcast, the radio show we're on in like one hundred markets now, damn near one hundred, close to one hundred, and yeah, the podcast is you know, we're just doing our thing, man, congratulation.
Speaker 2: We need to we need to get what up do catered here one day.
Speaker 3: Anytime, yea, yeah, I'll bring it over for just let me know when you want it. Man, we got some heat.
Speaker 1: I love it, man. I appreciate your time, yes, sir, no doubt. Switching gears. We want to bring a friend of the program in coach JB. Coach you ruffled some feathers and was talking your ship last time he was out here. Man, we appreciate your time for coming back and messing with.
Speaker 4: Us always always, brother, I love it. I love it, man.
Speaker 5: Hey, I tell people all the time, grown folks supposed to be able to disagree.
Speaker 4: Great, great conversation.
Speaker 2: And you were great at and you were great at that. So yeah, JB.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of great football this weekend. You know, the matchups are set for the NFC and the AFC Championship games, but let's start in the NFC. As the Eagles ran all over the Rams and snowy Philadelphia, Saquon went for two hundred and what five or six yards from scrimmage. He's one hundred and forty seven yards away from breaking Terrell Davis's record in two games this year versus the Rams, Saquon has over five hundred yards this season. So the weather was a big factor in this game. Normally in snowy games, you're not gonna be able to throw the ball. Well, Saquon said, no need to throw the ball, just handed to me.
Speaker 2: What did you see in that game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the weather saved the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I thought the Rams win that game hands down.
Speaker 5: Stafford I think is the best ball spinner in football, pure ball spinner, as far as old school traditional pocket guy. He threw for what three twenty four and two touchdowns in the snow. I mean, he's unbelievable. The no look he's the original no look guy. Not Mahomes by the way, But a lot of people don't know that, but listen here it is. I said, if you don't know this, McVeigh in his coaching career in the playoffs has never allowed one hundred yard back and I said if he can hold Sa Kwan down and not do a repeat on what they had regular year back here in so far that the Rams win the game hands down. Jalen Hurts, in my opinion, isn't ready to take that next step yet throw in the football. But his feet is what won the game. In my opinion, I think hertzfeed actually won the game. Sa Kwan just established the offense and what he did, so they did a decent job with them early. But he broke those two runs. Man, that just broke the camel's back. And then that's ultimately what happened. And listen, I'm not gonna I'm not going to second guess McVeigh, who I think is the top three coach in the league. But it was third and two and if you run the football right there, you get a first down. The Rams win that game. In my opinion, they throw it. He was an empty a few times and threw the ball on third down. And I love him as a ball spinder, but he is not Lamar, He's not Josh Allen. He is not Jalen Hurts to being empty back there as a sitting duck and getting stuff with you're dicking your hand when they changed the coverage up as well as the Eagles did.
Speaker 4: That's what cost them. In my opinion. They run the ball right there, get a first. I think the Rams win as a minute last. They win the game. And here's the big pictures, Matt. We're here in.
Speaker 5: La at Sofi next week hosting the Commanders. After the fires and after all this crazy catastrophe. That would have been a great thing for La so I was rooting for the Rams last night. But it is what it is, football, God said.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, Washington Commanders went into Detroit and knocked out the number one seed in the NFC. Before we talk about that game, coach, what was your thoughts on Jello Ball's pregame performance of his smash hit in front of seventy thousand people.
Speaker 5: Man, I didn't see too much of it, but apparently he getting his Uh he got a deal and all kinds of shit.
Speaker 4: Huh, So I got a deal off?
Speaker 5: Hey, that's hey, Matt, That's the thing. I'm the hater though, when I say it, these cats investment in their sport, this cat's investment in their particular sport. Lacks like were worried about other shit too much. That's why the NBA and the NFL and all this shit is not the same.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: It's hard to watch this ship Nowaday, we got too much other shit going on. Do that ship when you retired, though.
Speaker 1: I think he kind of found his laie rapping though. We gonna see man. But let's get to the game, uh Man.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 1: Daniels has a chance to become the first rookie quarterback if they're able to win next week to start in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: What was your thought with his poise and and just the.
Speaker 1: Way he was able to do what he did, just like it was a regular season game and with so much on the line.
Speaker 5: Man, shout out to Cahone High School right here, and I e he that's where he went. A good friend of mine as the head coach there and coach the I know his family well, been around him a long time since he was a kid.
Speaker 2: Him and C. J.
Speaker 4: Stroud, Bryce Young, They're all from right here. Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: He is playing like we used to play the Turkey Bowl in the hood in the park.
Speaker 4: That is what he does.
Speaker 5: He doesn't know better, Matt, So I've been telling everybody he about to go out here and do shit that you ain't seen because he don't know better. He don't know about pressure, he don't know about He's not supposed to be here.
Speaker 4: He's been told Noah his whole life.
Speaker 5: He's like, man, fuck it, I'm out here just playing in the street and his mechanics and his accuracy, his arm level, strength, and the gods have touched him.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest.
Speaker 5: He has gifted as shit and he out here just playing street ball and he's doing it at all time high. But Jared Goff, guess what, he got all these expectations. So he out here tied his five versions of the Volkswagen and he shouted down his leg like he always did. There's a reason why, Matt, there's a reason why McVeigh got rid of his ass. I'm just gonna keep it rich and Stafford won a super Bowl. Golf has not, and Jayden Dan was about to do it. Man, he's about to do something. I think he's gonna win next week and have a rookie in the Super Bowl. And uh, the reason why before the season, I said, Bears, you're gonna kick yourself.
Speaker 4: This is the best QB in the draft. It ain't close.
Speaker 5: And he's taking the Commanders Matt to the playoffs, and man.
Speaker 4: I got a question for you, though, I got to.
Speaker 5: Interrupt you today today Monday, if you could say, you're you.
Speaker 4: And I got to vote on the MVP.
Speaker 5: After what we just saw this this first two rounds of NFL playoffs, would you vote for Jon Daniels as your MVP.
Speaker 2: I mean it's hard, it's not hard not to.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously, you know, we've been able to see what Saquan has done and and what Josh Allen's been able to will his team to do. But yeah, he's definitely right in that conversation and Commanders, you're right, That's what I'm saying. You made a great point because sometimes young teams don't know better. You know, you see it in the NBA all the time, Like normally when you get down to the finals, obviously normally, you know, experience takes over. But young teams are dangerous because they don't give a fuck about pressure. They don't care about pressure, they don't really really know, Hey, we're playing on you know, we're playing with house money right now. And to your point, with GoF all the pressure, the number one seed the whole year, this is their year and then, like you said, there was a reason why GoF was traded for Stafford and why Stafford has won a ring, and GoF has kind of been there but not able to get his team over the hunt. But I was really impressed and I read something obviously back in his college days when he was able to transfer to LSU, how he started using VR in a speeded up, speed up simulation to kind of read coverages and read defenses and be able to keep his mind sharp, particularly one time while he had a concussion he couldn't actually practice. So have you what are your thoughts on technology kind of stepping in to this space and really preparing quarterbacks and hopefully not only quarterbacks, but athletes in all spaces to kind of simulate what they're going to see on that field or on that basketball court.
Speaker 4: Man, it's funny, Maxus.
Speaker 5: I was talking about this the other day years ago, especially when I was the head coach at Compton College. We didn't have any resources, no money, nobody wanted to help us. I'd bring the cues in, I'd bring the kids in and we play. We play with poker chips, So I'd take poker chips and I would I would write on them. I would write on them left tackle, LT, right tackle, r RT, I name all the defensive positions and I'd have the cues. Move them around, show me the front, show me the coverage, show me our formation. We did that and that was our VR method. But then we advanced on and got on the sticks. So we started getting with Madden and we would create our offense on that and tell the kids, hey, this motherfucker's blitzen.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 4: And that was our VR back in the day.
Speaker 5: And now it's become full circle and now they're wearing the whole thing, and now they get to do it and simulate it in the four year schools, the big time schools, Arizona State, LSU, those schools have had the VR capabilities. At the JUCO level, we don't have it, of course, so we got to create ways to do it, and so it's been around. It's just a way of how the head coach and the person that's innovating it creates it with that QB. So I think it's a great tool for guys, especially now when we're in the let's be let's be real, the softest generation of athletes, these my vickers will miss for anything they can to hang. Now, these my vickers will miss two weeks. So if they continue to do that, guess what, let's let's think a ways to allow them to keep sharp mentally and dr is the way Probably.
Speaker 2: No, I love it. I think it's dope and it just adds on to the aura.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Moving on, man, the Chiefs were able to handle the Texans.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They have a chance to advance to the third straight Super Bowl. A big matchup. I mean, my hat's off to the Chiefs from a standpoint of Obviously their offense hasn't been what it's been in previous years, and you really just credit Patrick Mahomes for kind of willingness team. Obviously Kelsey hasn't had the years he's had in the past, But somehow, some way, it's hard to bet against Mahomes when it comes to when it really counts, when it comes to winning time. So Chiefs were able to easily handle the Texans with a chance to advance to their third straight Super Bowl. Thoughts on Mahomes and just his ability when everything is on the line to be at his best and will his team to win. May his numbers may not be as impressive as they were before. I don't feel like their offense is as strong as it's been in the past. But somehow, some way, he finds himself in the NFC Championship game again, or excuse me, AFC Championship game again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your fans will know that me. You know, I'm not the biggest advocate. I think Andy Reid is under valued as a play caller because they have to do so much with so little. Since Tyreek Kill got traded traded, that offense has been kind of Let's be gimmicky in a way that allows his strong suit to.
Speaker 4: Get us to the super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Let's be honest, whether it's shovel pass its Kelsey off of outside zone or power Reid or other ways in the zone that any redes that no other coach does, Let's be honest everything. Every week we're like, damn, look at the shit that any Red's doing. And he's done that for a long time. This is a team that's led the league in yackyards for three years in a row, meaning that I can throw the ball right here to Tyreek Hill, He'll take that screen eighty.
Speaker 4: It's not like we're dropping back.
Speaker 5: No more, Matt and this is quarterbacks across the league, and we're just sitting here throwing dagger dig routes on time and post come back and post curl.
Speaker 4: We don't do it no more.
Speaker 5: It's a league that's been so dumb down for whatever reason. And there's a reason why I go on ramts with Big Smithy on my show about how the coaches have filled the black quarterback, but nobody want to get get in that conversation. But this is what we're seeing. A lot of cats is all right, you call this, we run it. There's no more get to the line, like Matt, you and I all right, let's check this shit. Let's get out of this play to this. And we're dumbing it down for what I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I hate to see it, and I hate to see that we continue to take these Greek athletes and then limit them.
Speaker 4: And it's crazy to me.
Speaker 5: I want to see the greatness because we're seeing athletes being just kind of like wasted, and we're looking at quarterbacks and we're like, oh, maybe there's four or five guys that could have played back when Manning and Breeze and and Brady were playing.
Speaker 4: These guys can't play now because we don't teach them.
Speaker 5: But anyway, Mahomes to me is just benefited man from a the rules.
Speaker 4: Come on, Matt, you can't even be hit.
Speaker 2: And then Wade, you can't touch him.
Speaker 1: I mean, you saw some ship when they tackled well in the next you know, Lamar Jackson got tackled out of the bails. They allowed him to be finish tacking. You can't you can't touch Mahomes.
Speaker 5: And then he flopping, he doing some lebron shit, Like what the hell are you doing? Why is he flopping at the bounds? Like it is what it is. They have all eyes on them with the Swifties and all that ship, so it is what it is. Kelsey had a he finally he had a good game. He had one hundred yards. I think he broke a lot of records of the day he had. He had a he had a breakout game which helped them get over the top.
Speaker 4: But I've never seen a team I don't think I think you could be he could check.
Speaker 5: Me that had no turnovers and over one hundred yards more offense and lost. The Houston Texas just accomplished that. Like the Houston Texas didn't turn it over. They had more yards. They actually dominated the game in every aspect, and you got to do that pushes the coach, and that's what we're talking about today. Over the great defense and the great time, you know, everything that they did.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs just finds way not to lose games.
Speaker 5: And that's why you got to credit teams that find ways to lose them versus teams that.
Speaker 4: Find out how not to lose them.
Speaker 5: And the Chiefs find just every year they don't lose the game, whether it's a discipline, of a penalty or what have you. We can argue the rests help them and all that old shit. But Josh Allen yesterday proved to me that he's grown because he found a way and how not to.
Speaker 4: Lose the game.
Speaker 5: And that's what a lot of people aren't talking about today. But the Chiefs man will continue. I just hope Buffalo wins and I'm tired.
Speaker 4: Of seeing these fins. I just honest.
Speaker 5: But hey, that's a problem, mat right, that's a problem winners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Well, I think I think you know what which you said speaks to experience, you know. I just as we said, the commanders are too young to kind of understand and feel the pressure and they let that slide. Normally, experience helps you get by and Stroud put you know, had a hell of a season and got the Texans in position. But being in that position prior allowed the Chiefs just not to lose that game, Like you said, for every reason, no turnovers for the Texans over, you know, more than one hundred yards than the Chiefs had. But the Chiefs found a way not to lose that game and find themselves in the AFC Championship. Last, but not least, the Bills squeaked past the Ravens Andrews.
Speaker 2: Tough game. Tough game.
Speaker 1: Obviously, you know, a fumble drops the two point conversion. I don't like what I saw Lamar Jackson's press conference, and he spoke to him, particularly Lamar Jackson having to hold on to the ball, and he was really frustrated with his self. But if you read the headlines, it's some like hold on to the fucking ball. We can't be doing it. But if you actually listen to what he said, I think the media purposely set it up to act like he was talking to his tied end, but he was really talking to hisself. So obviously the media spin and shit is nothing new, but I didn't really like that. But what do you think this game does to Lamar's legacy? You know, obviously they had a chance. They marched down. He throws a touchdown two point conversion to tie up a minute left. Who knows what happens, but again, something small happens like this drop that ends up having them looking on the outside looking in again.
Speaker 4: Man, shout out.
Speaker 5: To my buddy, one of my best friends in the business, T Martin, who's Lamar's quarterback coach right now in Baltimore, won the Natty after Peyton at Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Obviously some Tim Martin is a legend.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 5: I broke that down today on my show, that actual SoundBite that the media has flipped and all that, and it goes both ways. I kind of talked about how Lamar is using it to help him and I and we talked about, all right, we know he's not talking to Andrews specifically. We discredit the Bills though, like like you in the NBA Finals, like people were like, Okay, they had a low pursuit of a shooting percent his night. Well, no, maybe they put the clamps on the ass and you had Gary Payton out here defending these motherfuckers like Buffalo calls the fumble, Matt, he shook this shit, and like we're talking about what the Ravens didn't do instead of what the Bills did.
Speaker 4: And Josh Allen, Josh allenter for one hundred and twenty yards. He had a midass day one hundred and twenty yard performance.
Speaker 5: On Josh Allen's side, Lamar, mechanically, listen, he's a freak, my buddy coachman Louisville, Garrick McGee, unbelievable talent, great kid, all that shit, But mechanically he hasn't taken the next step, which is going to cost him. And he's won three games of seven years in the play else, Matt, he's going to have to get over to Hump for us to sit up here and talk about is he elite?
Speaker 4: Is he the next guy? Is he going to replace Mahomes? Maybe?
Speaker 5: Or he's got to win one though, And that's just how we judge people, you know, it's a result or in the business.
Speaker 1: With that said, before we look at the next week's matchups. Is he the NFL MVP.
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: It's so tough, man, This is his best year in my opinion, much better than last year, much better than last year when he won it. Josh Allen had a better year last year and didn't get it, and now this year he'll probably get it, because you know, we don't let guys go back to back to back unless it's a rod Er something like that.
Speaker 4: So I think this is my opinion.
Speaker 5: Josh Allen lost Diggs, gave Davis he has Cook on offense, and basically they got an older Amari Cooper which hasn't really done anything with a rookie at wide out. They have Dalton Knox a couple tight ends. But really, if we're going to compare weapons, I always say, audition by subtractions a real thing. Matt, you lost Diggs, which gave Josh Allen the autonomy now to not look over his shoulder and somebody you know, bitching and moaning about getting.
Speaker 4: Catches, and now Josh Allen went out and free balled it.
Speaker 5: Right, He went out and freaked it because he's like, I don't got to worry about nobody bitching and moaning, and audition by subtractions a real thing. Buffalo bills to me for that reason is the MVP, but Lamar statistically this is best here, so like, how do you balance it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 1: Looking ahead, man, Conference Championship games is set Bills at the Chiefs, Chiefs minus two commanders at the Eagles, Eagles minus five and a half. Let's start with the Chiefs and the Bills.
Speaker 2: Who you got, man?
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm rolling with Josh Allen and the Bills to finally go get it done. Here's why Josh didn't play his best last week and got it done, and the Chiefs are about to face the wrath with that dude this week.
Speaker 4: He's going to run all over him.
Speaker 5: In my opinion of the one plus run game that they'll create for him. It won't be slippery and slow snowy, which I think affected him.
Speaker 4: He'll he'll end up getting it done this week.
Speaker 5: And uh and listen Eric Weddle, super Bowl champs on my show every Monday. He was on this morning with Sean King, another Super Bowl champ, and we were both.
Speaker 4: Discussing this this morning, like wet on and then think the.
Speaker 5: Chiefs got it locked up because of the lack of weapons of Buffalo Bill's have And I'm going to pin my ears back to stop Josh Allen. I won't have no outside threats. All I got to stop is Alan and Cook. I don't think it's that easy, though. Josh Allen is an anomaly. He is John Elway with Troy Aikman a mixed with Dan Marino and Lamar.
Speaker 4: Like he's an anomaly.
Speaker 5: Right, we see Cali Juco NorCal guy. But here I think he won pluses them, and I think he gets it done this week on a dry surface in Kansas City, it won't be near as cold or wet as it was in Buffalo. I think he'll actually flourish and get it done for once and up in the two time.
Speaker 1: Champ Commanders at the Eagles. Does this Cinderella tron continue or does this stop in Philly?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I think it continues. Man, It's gonna be crazy as hell.
Speaker 5: Whoever bet this on DraftKings on, bet you, whoever on all your guys, whoever's bet this before the season is gonna come up because I think the Commanders end up being in the Super Bowl. Man with a rookie, and I think he doesn't know better, like we said, and I think it continues. He already beat the Eagles the last game of the year. He has it in his mouth, the flavor. Like you said, Man, I don't think jay knows or cares. I think they continue, man. I think they got that taste in their mouth. They beat the Eagles the last game of the year. He's balled out against Detroit. He's balled out against every team that you could imagine. He's like, nobody can beat me, already tasted it. I think Jalen Hurts eventually will bite them with the lack of a passing ability on that team.
Speaker 4: I think Washington d line is as good as it gets. Their defense is playing lights out.
Speaker 5: And I think that Jayden Daniels to mcclaurin connection is bigger than Jalen Hurts to a j Brown connection right now. And I think there's some villains involved. I think there's some villains involved. Jayden Brown, he's over there reading books and shit. He is out and disengaged. Man, He's disengaged, and you know, it's hard to be the star and disengaged when it comes to winning a big game. I think that Washington's got everything. The momentum is going. You know, momentum is huge in pro sports. Momentum is going. I'm gonna take Washington Buffalo in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Man Washington and Buffalo crazy crazy when we get you out of here.
Speaker 2: I just came back from Colorado last night.
Speaker 1: I did Prime in Roxy's We Got Time show, and Stack asked Dion about him to the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what he told me. But what is your thoughts on that.
Speaker 5: If they offer it, he gotta go. They just gotta go, you know what I mean? Like, in my opinion, he gotta do it. His sons are gone. You don't get the opportunity too often and not There's thirty two of those jobs, and Prime has been on record, I don't want to recruit the home visit the high school kid. I'm going to go about it as a professional manner and treat college like the NFL it is anyway, Why wouldn't you do it in the NFL, because, especially Matt, no one talked about with Prime's health and everything that goes with it. I want to get out of the damn cold and get my ass into some heats.
Speaker 4: And I just think that matters in the long run. I think it matters a long run.
Speaker 5: Got a house in Dallas. He coached in Dallas, he played there. It makes sense to me. I don't know it makes sense, but can you get out? Can you get out of the DAK contract, Matt, that's the thing, when you.
Speaker 2: Get out of that, Prime said yesterday.
Speaker 1: There has been conversations between he and Jerry, not particularly about that, but some other things around the game. So who knows what that means, but we will see JV Man. We appreciate you as normal man. Let me know when you need me to come out there, be on the show and get some of that barbecue, with some of that drink with you.
Speaker 4: Hey, super Bowl doll, come out fucking around.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, bro.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here, shout out to our partners at DraftKings. We are at the almost the end of the season. The football season's gone by so fast, man. AFC NFC Championship matchups are set. We got the Bills at the Chiefs minus two. I want to see something new, I want to see something fresh. I'm gonna take the Bills plus two to go into Kansas City and get the win. And I'm gonna take the Commanders plus five and a half with the banged up Jalen hurts, but a sakuon Barkley hitting on all cylinders. I'm gonna take the Commanders plus five and a half to go into Philly to be young and not give a fuck, and for Jalen Daniels to be the first rookie quarterback to ever start in the Super Bowl. Nate, I need an update, man, of what my record's been this season. It's my first time betting with points spreads, so I was appreciate you guys kind of rolling along with that because it was ugly at some points. But I had a few nice weeks. I had some unblemish weeks while you guys are over here laughing. But man, but that's a wrap. Man unplugged again. Man, send it love to everyone in LA. We will get through this together. Plenty of donation sites. Make sure you guys tap in, man. They're taking anything from diapers to shoes. People lost their whole life's work, man, so anything will help. Thank you to all of everyone who's donated, everyone who helped get us back to some sort of normalcy. And we're praying for everybody in La.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We'll see you guys next week.