Speaker 1: This is the Almost Famous Podcast with iHeartRadio Bob. This is an exciting day.
Speaker 2: I love bringing all of my Special Forces cast members in and today for Almost Famous ogs, we've got Denise Richards.
Speaker 3: Yay, welcome to the show. Denise Richards.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're so excited. Thanks for carving out time. I know the two of you look absolutely stunning. You guys have been so busy today already doing press press for Special Forces. This is exciting. I'm very excited. Trista is going to have some great questions for you. But I just have one thing to say. I tried to see you on Friday. We both did the Jeff Lewis Live Show on Friday and I was walking out as your team was coming in.
Speaker 3: I was going to prepare you.
Speaker 5: I was going to tell you it's pretty it's drama packed in there. So I know.
Speaker 4: I love Jeff. I've done it too quite a few times, as you have too.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's a good friend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I know, he's so great. I know I was sorry that I we missed each other.
Speaker 3: I know I loved it.
Speaker 5: I would have loved it. But you look great, and we're so excited to have you on. I mean, I know it's been there's a lot of press probably already today, and a lot more to go. Plus you guys are dealing with the fires in LA, which has got Trista very scared as the as the wife of a firefighter, she's yeah, she's ground zero for getting that fire put out stat which I'm thankful for.
Speaker 2: No, as my husband, Denise, I texted Ryan and I said, there's a there's a fire somewhere near here, and he's like, well, steer clear.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's all he had for you. He's a firefighter, forgot.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he trusts in the LA Fire Department. So it's all good.
Speaker 1: So Denise, I'm so excited to talk. We obviously can't.
Speaker 2: Talk about where you know the ending for anybody, including ourselves, but I know that you were just on Jeff Lewis and talked talked about your your medical uh.
Speaker 4: My implants.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, my implants, go.
Speaker 4: Yes, my implants.
Speaker 6: And then Trista, you know of another thing that I had happened to the same task that caused the implants.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 6: Repaired uh a few years prior to doing the show. I had four hernias, two in Greenland two for Mooral. So they had thought that I something when a little stageways with one of those that ended up not being that, which was great. There was something else, but and on top of it, I did burst my implants and I was too embarrassed to even tell.
Speaker 4: The DS like, by the way, I think my boobs popped.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't want to say anything. And I knew I was Mike still and.
Speaker 1: I was wondering. I was like, I don't remember you saying anything.
Speaker 6: I want to say anything. I have the MIC on and I didn't. I don't know, like what, who listens to what?
Speaker 4: Whatever? And I just thought, oh god, I just think that.
Speaker 6: I think they would look at me and be like, I don't even know what they would have said.
Speaker 4: So I would doing Paris even say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, were you in pain? I got to imagine you were in pain or or I.
Speaker 6: Was, but I was more in pain with what I thought was harning a third situation, which it turned out to be I had to have an MRI when I got back to La, but it was you know, I'm fine, but I think my whole body was in pain from this man.
Speaker 2: But yes, I would say pain like I've never experienced you. You know how they say, like those bar classes, you know that you've never used those muscles before. Those are like little teeny tiny muscles that you've never used before. But this is like big, huge muscles that you've never used before, and as much as you'd ever used them, you know on this show. Okay, So I would love to know, Like, we just did this satellite media tour and everyone asked pretty much the same questions, So I don't want to ask the same questions that we've been asked before. But is there any funny memory that you have from the show, because listen, we know that it was hard. We are we are talking all about how it was hard and the most challenging thing we've ever done. And but I really would love to know if there's any like funny moment like and I can share one with you if you want me to get you started. But do you remember anything funny that happened that you look back at it and you're like, that is hysterical.
Speaker 6: Yes, I remember us being in the car with Cam Newton and Golden Tate and we were talking about kids and Numbhn mentioned twins, and I believe you asked him a question about that and he explained something.
Speaker 2: Well, we asked Pam how many kids he had, and he was telling us what the ages Okay, keep going.
Speaker 6: Well, so that was a very funny moment. I don't know if they're going to air that. I hope they do. I hope they.
Speaker 2: There's no way, there's no way they'll air that. That's why I want to ask the like these kinds of questions and get into this.
Speaker 6: Actually, I would think they would have to or would want to air some of the things that because the previous seasons I recall there would be bigger groups in the vehicles going from where everyone was to get to the task of doing what they had to do. And I don't recall them having so many vehicles where there was three or four people in them. And so that's you know, I think those moments in the cars going back and forth, those are my most memorable moments and totally fun. Everyone tired us putting our legs across on each other's laps.
Speaker 4: Just to and we didn't care.
Speaker 6: It was just and you know, it was just nice that we all just helped each other and we were just there to support one another.
Speaker 4: And I just loved all that part. I really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I totally agree. I thought it was amazing. I remember being in the like the mess hall or wherever they call where we eat, and Cam didn't know who I was, and I don't know who told him that I got married on television and he was like what, you know, like, Louk, who are you talking about? The first bachelorette? And it was so funny, just like he was.
Speaker 4: Blown away by that.
Speaker 3: He couldn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was so funny talking to everybody, and you know, hearing Carrie Hart has all his accidents and his you know, all the bones he's broken, and I'm like, and you're still here like doing this, like I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, crazy, it is crazy. It was. I felt so out of place there because showing up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like, oh my gosh, look at all these athletes. You know, I'm I don't care if I'm twenty or eighty. I'm not an athlete. And bloodies doesn't really cut it. So you know, it's just different, a different thing.
Speaker 4: It's so different.
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to ask you too, you know, going into a show like this and Tristan and I have talked about it a lot because I I feel like, growing up, you know, watching you know, different movies and stuff, you're aways like, I wonder if I could do that kind of training. I wonder if I could get through it. And you know, what was your primary motivation for it? I mean, I know Trista's was a lot of you know, the internal of wanting to prove to herself she could do it.
Speaker 3: Was that kind of what it was for you too?
Speaker 5: Is it one of those things where you're like, I'm just going to go after this and show it was some.
Speaker 4: Physically I wanted to do it.
Speaker 6: I thought, Okay, I am really going to challenge myself doing this as soon as I had three weeks to get ready. And like I said, the plots didn't cut it, but that helps me with balance and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But this is a whole different level. So I hired.
Speaker 6: This amazing trainer at this gym it's called Proactive out in Westlake, and it is incredible and they train a lot of athletes and they have you know, a treadmill that's got water in it.
Speaker 4: They have, Yeah, they had two room.
Speaker 6: I worked out every like five to six days a week. The three weeks that I had. I hit it so hard, like two hours a day. They have a chef there, they have all this stuff for recovery. And I'll tell you if if it wasn't for me working out there, there is no way I would have even held on one.
Speaker 4: Second on that helicopter. That is the truth.
Speaker 6: I couldn't do a hole up when I started my you know, I've worked out my whole life, but like I said, pilates is very different than even with that, I.
Speaker 4: Still could never do a pull up.
Speaker 6: But so I was able to do a pull up after working out before we did this show. But I clearly was having a hard time on that hell on computer.
Speaker 4: But at least I hold on. I would never have been the hold on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the previews are terrifying.
Speaker 5: I mean the previous are enough to make me like lose my mind watching this whole thing.
Speaker 3: You know, every time it comes out, I'm like, oh my god, be quiet, kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just been crazy to see, you know, all of you accomplish some of these feats that I consider myself to still be in relatively decent shape, and I don't think I could have done it.
Speaker 4: It's different.
Speaker 6: It's not like and like, even with Tristia and I talking about the running, it's not like we're on a flat area to run, right, it is. There's rocks, there's holes, that's a you climb up, a mountain, you go down.
Speaker 4: It's that you're all over the place.
Speaker 6: And I felt so stupid because I'm like, oh my gosh, I can't even keep up with the running.
Speaker 4: I was selfishly relieved that I had you to help.
Speaker 6: We were we were ahead of everyone together, so that made me feel better.
Speaker 2: No, And you know, I wonder how you feel about this because the show is all about personal competition, right They say, you're not competing against anyone else, You're competing against just yourself, And yes you are. But I'm a competitive person, and I feel like just having other people there that are doing better than me, or worse than me or whatever, I feel like it's hard to get away from not competing against the other people. So I wanted to do well because I wanted to not look like I was in the last place every single time, you know, and there is a little bit of that competition in me. How did you feel Did you feel like there was ever a time where you were not just competing against yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, I of course knew that they would probably say, I mean, she's not an athlete. We've all competed, some have been in the Olympic, some have done are just professional athletes. There's no comparison physically. I can't I will never ever, I don't care how old I am or how young I am, ever do that because it's not me. So I feared as soon as they saw me, they'd be like, okay, that's all.
Speaker 4: Like I had nothing to live up to as it was.
Speaker 6: Anyway, what I did, what I felt was I didn't want to be the weak link totally in your group because and that was that part was hard. I felt like I was at times when we were doing certain things that I was.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to keep everyone behind same.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually you know, you opened the whole thing by one of the things that I thought was a really very sweet and vulnerable answer. By the way, when when Trista was talking about your best and plant, you were like, yeah, I was embarrassed.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 5: Part of me feels like that's part of it too, right, I mean, these dull sergeants are like in your ear you know, attacking everything that you're interferes. They know what they are probably and and it's like, you know, you have to possibly feel embarrassed or to feel like you're coming, you're holding back the group.
Speaker 3: That would be tough for me too. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: Never in a million years when I went into this, and my older daughters were terrified that I decided to do it, and they were not happy. They were so scared I was gonna break bones or you know, something never did across my mind. I wonder if I'll rupture my implants on this. I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 4: That was like, at least of my worries was my es.
Speaker 6: So there was a moment where I kept asking to see someone because I knew something.
Speaker 4: Wasn't right, but it was yeah, No, I didn't even.
Speaker 6: I just and I'm usually when I'm working, I am very able to you know, be direct and talk to people that I work with, and able to stand up for myself. In this situation, I felt like I could not. I felt like I couldn't even smile or laugh or I would get yelled.
Speaker 1: At and totally and if I got.
Speaker 6: Yelled at, it would be fine, But I didn't want to have everyone else to push ups because I did something that pissed them off. So that was the other thing where I felt like I couldn't really be my self during those rules.
Speaker 2: You can't ever because I feel like you know me, you know me, and I want to crack a joke every every so often, especially uncomfortable, and you can't. You can't even like think about, oh crap, my jacket is not zipped up all the way, or I don't have my belt tightened, or like my shoes aren't aren't tied like exactly as you have to pay so much attention to detail that I feel like you just get lost in the details, you know what I mean, Like you who cares about who I am as a person? Like it's all about like you have to be super focused or else we are going to get yell that and we are going to have to do push ups, you.
Speaker 6: Know, absolutely, And we couldn't even around them be sarcastic or crack jokes or you know, have fun, have a sense of humor. It was we were all like just not you know, it's it's a weird. It's such a different situation on like anything any of us have ever been in and I even think for the complicates that are used to coaches that really push and push and push, I feel that they even had a different experience too with this with the DS as well, I do have.
Speaker 2: To go back to like the funny comment, so like how we can't be sarcastic or whatever. So for the bridge, and I'm not spoiling anything because the bridge is something that's on the trailer, but to get to the bridge, you have to you have to run up the hill, like the run up the side to get the bridge.
Speaker 1: And the bridge was how far? How tall do you think.
Speaker 4: That I googled the bridge after and you did? I did? I not actually a few days ago, and if it's the same.
Speaker 6: Bridge, which it looked like it was, it said it was three hundred feet off down.
Speaker 2: Thirty stories right, thirty stories high, so.
Speaker 4: It's quite freaking high.
Speaker 1: It's quite high.
Speaker 2: And so I'm running, you know, to get up to where you get all hooked up and everything.
Speaker 4: Which is very steep and rock which.
Speaker 2: Is very steep, and the terrain is like there's rocks and logs and crap everything.
Speaker 5: You guys on all four like are you are you almost like on all fours going up the.
Speaker 2: Hill almost yeah, like you have to like grip into the side of the mountain, the hill and no one's around you, like, no one's pushing you. You're all by yourself at least I was. So I run the side of the hill, oh my gosh, and get to the top and Q is up there. H Q is the Navy seal And he was like, I get there and you automatically get into attention and he's like, why are you breathing so hard? Why did it take you so long?
Speaker 1: And I was like, uh, because I have asthma and I'm fifty one and I'm out of shape.
Speaker 3: And he was like, you, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, honestly, because I have asthma, I'm out of shape and I'm fifty one years old.
Speaker 1: And he was like okay, and he walks away. It was so funny.
Speaker 4: That is hilarious.
Speaker 5: Did they send you, guys your boots that you wear on the show ahead of time so you could break them in?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 4: My never fit.
Speaker 6: I ordered my own because they sent two.
Speaker 4: Sizes they didn't fit.
Speaker 6: They were men's and they were they didn't fit me, So I just ordered my own from the company so I can get me.
Speaker 2: That's so funny that you say that, because the same thing happened to me. I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to Ali. I wonder if they do that so that you they have to keep postponing and so you don't get to break them in situation.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wonder why even give them to us at all?
Speaker 2: Well, because we have to have the show. But you're right, like mine, we're too big. Well, I was like, what is happening here? Why can't they get these sizes right?
Speaker 4: Like, well, they.
Speaker 6: Didn't calculate because the side the boots are men's sizes, and so they didn't.
Speaker 1: But this is the third season doing the show.
Speaker 6: I agree with you one thousand percent, and I was thinking, is this a new company that they're using that you know, well, we did we do do the fitting, you know when we get there, and yeah, that part is the boots were terrible and they're so uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: They're heavy too, They're very heavy. But going back to Trista.
Speaker 6: Climbing up to get to the bridge. This is the thing when people watching the show, it's not just the task of you're on the bridge and doing whatever. We have to run and they make you climb out so fast out of these vehicles, grab your stuff, throw it on your back, and you have to run all the way there. We're so winded by the time we get there. Then to even get up to the bridge. When they said I had to climb go this way, I go which way?
Speaker 4: They go? Right there? I go where? And that, I'm like, how am I going to climb up that? It was so steep.
Speaker 6: I was practically on all fours and I was like swearing going up there because I'm like, I can't even get up this.
Speaker 4: How on earth am I going to jump off here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh my god? That would drive me crazy.
Speaker 2: Actually, another funny story from the bridge is, and I don't know if this makes you recall anything that happened with you, but when I got to the bridge, I'm all hooked up, and Foxy, you know, is up there and he's like, okay, turn around, and he knew I had a pretty healthy fear of heights.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm as fearful.
Speaker 2: As you were or Kayla. You know, I feel like there were some people who are really scared of heights. I'm scared of it, but it's not my worst fear. So I get up there and he's like, okay, we'll turn around and look at where you are. And I think he was expecting me to like freak out and be like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is so high. And I turned around and I was like, this is beautiful and he was like what is beautiful?
Speaker 6: He kept telling me to look too, and I wouldn't and he was like, look down, look down, and I was like, oh, this asshole is making me fucking and he was like, what are you scared of? You were a Bond girl and I said, well, we didn't do stunts like this.
Speaker 4: We had a.
Speaker 6: Stunt double and plus juffers didn't jump off a bridge, and when we do stunts they just hand. I put this equipment on you, and I said, I'm left handed. The lever it was a right hand for right handed people and they didn't care. And I went to ask questions with Foxy and he's like, don't worry about it, you just jump and I'm like, you're I couldn't, but I'm the dumb ass that was like, oh okay, Like, in hindsight, I should have really said no, I want the safety person to go through the equipment with me because it's dangerous.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you think about it, yeah, that was stupid. I should have really asked them about it.
Speaker 1: But do you think they would have done anything. I don't think they would.
Speaker 6: Well, but that's my fault because God forbid, what if something really bad happened.
Speaker 4: I mean I thought I snapped my neck to be honest, when I did.
Speaker 2: Jump, But you know, I don't know if it was you who went when they went for the first time, I thought it was Kyla and her head literally went like down to her shoulder or I feel like you can't even do it, Like do you remember were you down there when it might have been you too?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know. It was about two or three of us.
Speaker 6: I was one of them where even Golden's like, I thought you broke your neck seriously.
Speaker 1: Was scary.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, holy crap, is someone going to be paralyzed after this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, even though you feel like you are safe and you trust that you're safe. We just had Nathan on on the podcast a couple of days ago, and he was like, I always trusted that I was safe, but there's only so much safety they can provide, you know, once you do something you could very well hurt yourself.
Speaker 5: You know, oh yeah, heck yeah, and they have safety precautions, but you still sign that waiver that says you know something athens or something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'm sure we signed our life way, but I think I would have felt safer if they had, like a when they're giving us the equipment, to really explain it to us. Because even if you went for recreational going rock climbing, or even in an indoor rock climbing place, they explain all the equipment really well so that you can maneuver it in that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: And that did not happen on this You had.
Speaker 6: Someone who wouldn't talk to you, put stuff on you and tell you to go. I'm like, I don't even know if this crap fits right, and it's for a right handed person believer, I can't, so that part.
Speaker 4: I was surprised by that part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Was there anything else that surprised you? Either what you learned about yourself or just the experience.
Speaker 6: Well, I learned even though I'm terrified of heights, that I did do it. If you're my family was shocked when they heard I jumped off a bridge. They couldn't believe it, and then they were mad at me, like, why would you do that?
Speaker 4: You could have like old yourself, I go, but I did and I'm alive.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I love that you guys push yourself on this right through your fears.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that's what you have to do.
Speaker 6: The other thing that surprised me was I really thought, because we both have done reality and I think I touched on this a little earlier, is that I really thought, like I almost said something, and thank god I didn't because I would have been this smart hour.
Speaker 4: But when Foxy was giving us.
Speaker 6: A tour of our home and he was like, this is where you eat and stuff, I almost said, is this where craft service will be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Are they gonna have food out? I thought they would have food.
Speaker 6: Out all the time because of that video we had to watch the night before where they're like, make sure you're eating and drinking lots of liquids and this and that.
Speaker 4: Where is the food? There's no food around here. It was so weird.
Speaker 5: Did you guys have to make your own food like with the mrs and all that stuff?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, they brought this food here. Yeah, I really did think there's craft service on the side.
Speaker 1: Well, so he's so freaking funny. I love that. I feel like so the.
Speaker 2: At the beginning, they gave us food, like they gave us snap bags.
Speaker 4: In the car, right in the car, and we we.
Speaker 6: Stole some and put him in our pocket.
Speaker 1: From the little container.
Speaker 2: But they ended up like kind of not giving us as much as we got in the beginning, and that was a problem. But everyone was complaining about it, like Cam was going crazy. He was starving, and he's huge, I mean, and he's like and he's a vegan I think I think it's a begon.
Speaker 4: And he's twenty feet tall.
Speaker 6: So for him, the sandwich that we all got, we had to take the ham off of it because he doesn't eat ham. We and those sandwiches. I'm sorry we pulled it into a freaking gas station. There's nothing wrong with gas stations with food. But it was like these seat I don't.
Speaker 4: Even know what it was.
Speaker 1: White bread.
Speaker 4: It was that white bread, the wonder bread with.
Speaker 1: The thunderbread and cheese.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I ate it and I would never eat you like that.
Speaker 2: And they gave us yogurt and I actually really liked the yogurt. But I will say I kept saying, like people were pissed that there wasn't food, and I'm like, you, guys, they don't have to give us food, like they could starve us. Like literally, the guys the DS had just said I don't know if it was the same day or what, but they just said we survived. You can survive for thirty days without food or whatever it was. And I was like, this is just them like saying, this.
Speaker 1: Is the training. You're gonna have to do it. You know.
Speaker 6: That would be fine and dandy, except they had just watch something from production saying, yeah, make sure you eat, make sure.
Speaker 4: You have plenty of water.
Speaker 6: This we aren't supposed to eat if there's no food and there's all that stuff.
Speaker 4: We're also not I.
Speaker 6: Mean, we are doing an entertainment television show.
Speaker 4: So I stand to a certain extent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, okay.
Speaker 2: I have to thank you for something, and that is the bathrooms.
Speaker 4: Oh you're welcome. I got us a.
Speaker 6: Toilet, nice, a private toilet, very.
Speaker 3: Nice, Trista, I did not know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, they were all okay. So I don't know if we've talked about it yet, Bob. But the toilets are like a bunch of porter potties essentially, with like a wooden top on the top, and they're just boards so you can see people's heads.
Speaker 4: They're outhouses if you ouses. Yes, it's not even I would have taken a porta potty over.
Speaker 6: That, because are outhouses where you could tell who's sitting down.
Speaker 4: Bring a ten to girls.
Speaker 6: We sat down anyway, But it doesn't flush or anything. It's it's an outhouse. And so that was the thing I brought up when they asked me to do the show.
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 6: There is no freaking way I otherwise I will go.
Speaker 4: To the bathroom for the whole time.
Speaker 6: I Am not going to sit next to someone on television and go potty. So it took them a couple of weeks to get back to us because that was my deal breaker. And I'm sure I say that because next season someone's going to be like, well, Dedaise Richards got a toilet, They got a toilet and hit it. But I said, I am not gonna have a target on my back where it's like only my toilet, So I don't want anyone to know.
Speaker 4: But how am I going to find this toilet? Do you tell me?
Speaker 6: I thought the producers would at least even talk to us and show us around. I didn't know it was set up the way it really was with Total Box. I really thought they would break down and those guys who go on a break and.
Speaker 4: Producers would come. I really did so. But Cam found a toilet because he's so tall.
Speaker 6: He was like, look, there's a toilet in here, and there's a full door.
Speaker 4: So I feel like.
Speaker 1: That you actually asked, didn't you ask? I feel like you asked? What about the toilet? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I found it right away.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Well, and honestly, I didn't even know it was there.
Speaker 2: I thought I only knew about the toilets that you could see, like your face or your feet, not the one that was enclosed. So I didn't like, I literally didn't know it was there, even though it was well Cam.
Speaker 1: I think thanks to Denise Richards that Cam.
Speaker 6: Did tell everybody he saw it, and he's like, there is a private toilet here.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, may I.
Speaker 4: Want to say anything and then have everyone angry at me?
Speaker 1: I was like, angry at you. Why would we be angry at you? You got us private toilet.
Speaker 3: That's a celebration point right there.
Speaker 1: Go away the little things. It's the little things.
Speaker 3: They would have made you captain, squadron captain.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the food. We haven't talked about the food on the podcast yet, and.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 2: So, so you get these little bowls, Bob, there's like two, I think one in like a nesting bowl situation.
Speaker 1: And then you have your silverware and you.
Speaker 2: Can it's metal, okay, metal exactly the metal things you.
Speaker 4: Would take on a camping trip.
Speaker 6: It's exactly rectangle with the another rectangle and metal cutlery.
Speaker 1: And you have to carry it in your in your pack all the time. It has to be clean.
Speaker 6: And you get why because there's no food there anyway to.
Speaker 3: Put it, like dishes with no food, and.
Speaker 2: You're literally cleaning it off like Ali has talked about this in interviews, where you're you're cleaning off your food with like the trickle of water that we get.
Speaker 4: And who knows where that water came from.
Speaker 3: Not it wasn't It wasn't like crystal.
Speaker 6: It's this weird stink in the middle of the place where we were sleeping.
Speaker 2: Right, And so you're cleaning your plates and you're cleaning your like you're drying them with this towel that you get. But then also after you take a shower, you're drying yourself with this towel, with the same.
Speaker 5: Towel, so it's the same towel the whole time, Like the same towel the whole week too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh my gosh, making this sounds so amazing.
Speaker 5: I'm making notes of what my deal breakers will need to be when I go extra towel, yeah, toilet, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, these are just the like we're nitpicking here, we are, we're making fun. We are making fun of that. But Denise both we both agree the best part of this show to us was bonding with each other, with the fellow our fellow cast mates. And and I I feel like I've been asked like who's surprised you most and who did you connect with? And I think it all is very dependent on who you end up being in the vehicles with, because when you're in the vehicles, you have like downtime and you can talk, and even though there's cameras, you can talk because you don't know if you're going to be in the car for five minutes or five hours, and we ended up you know, talking and you know, like Denise said, like kind of curled up sleeping or you know, taking a little snooze. So talk about that a little bit, Denise, and how hell that was kind of an unexpected and maybe it wasn't unexpected to you, but it was a huge benefit of the show.
Speaker 6: You know, on other sets that I've been on, and I've done so many different projects, I love the camaraderie, you know, with the cast and with the crew, and you know, so I love that in any way. And then for this situation where it's like there was no egos, there's nothing. Everyone was just just really stripped down emotionally and physically and just really laughing at how hard it was.
Speaker 4: Like we could all commiserate together.
Speaker 6: And I knew that I would hit it off with you because you and I talked. We met each other years ago at like a couple events, I think, But I'm so grateful though we've become friends. It's different running into each other and needing each other, and then you and I are friends now.
Speaker 4: We've you know, communicate a lot, and we talked a lot and I'm so happy for that.
Speaker 6: And I think I was so happy to be able to get to know the other three people I've really felt like I had a connection with outside of Stephen Baldwin because I've known him over the years doing different projects, but was Marion Jones is phenomenal, and then Cam cam Newton and Golden Tate. To see these two athletes who my nephews are like in awe of they could not believe I was on a show and spent time with them, like they are so starstruck that I was able to have that experience. So I think that part was It's really really the coolest experience that I think the show does.
Speaker 4: For all of us.
Speaker 6: Who are, you know, in our own world doing what we do, but it's all entertainment, whether you're an athlete or you know, doing Olympics and all that. We're still where people know who we are. But so to bring us all together like this, I think is so incredible.
Speaker 1: Definitely the biggest benefit of the show.
Speaker 5: Like you know, I always thought one thing you just said that I thought was really neat was the drill sergeants. I knew a guy who was a drill sergeant and my dad was a marine and stuff, and so I got to talk to him and he had I always had thought that the reason they would put people through basic training was to break them down and then build them back up again so that they would look at each other as you know, family and and it's so funny that you you just said that, and it basically connected with me that that was that was kind of the whole thing about the basic training and a drill sergeant and all that was. You know, you'd be watching someone you care about or you know, getting be rated by this person when they're giving it all they got right, and you're almost ready to go over there and be like, knock it off, leave.
Speaker 3: Her alone, you know, or whatever it might be.
Speaker 5: You're like defending each other and you wouldn't even have known each other in certain circles, like you said with Cam Newton and Golden. So I love hearing that you felt that way, that you guys came out of this as like real friends.
Speaker 3: That's that's the best part of this whole show already for me. I love it.
Speaker 4: It happened so fast, like so quol.
Speaker 6: First of all, the days are packed, it is raazy.
Speaker 4: In one day, what you would do. It felt like a week of the stuff we did.
Speaker 6: So you're so right, Yeah, and so we we bonded really quickly.
Speaker 4: Didn't take you know that long to do that.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, So but moving on from Special Forces, can you talk about your new show coming up?
Speaker 4: Yes, I can.
Speaker 6: There's going to be an announcement about the show as far as uh, exactly when I can say it's in the spring, and where it'll be that's going to be announced. But it is a you know, family reality show with it's called unless they change it right now, it's called Denise Richards and Her Wild Things. And it's with his it's with my husband, it's with my friends, it's with familiar faces. It's showing my work life, home life and everything, and it's you know, it's a fun, it's crazy, and it's there's a lot of different dynamics with my older girls, and you know, we did a reality show years ago when they were younger, and now to see them older doing it, even though they've done a little bit on Housewives, but very little, they were on a very little but yeah, but yeah, no, it was a totally different experience.
Speaker 2: So I mean, you rolled right into it. From Special Forces. You literally rolled right in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as as I got back, we started. I had two weeks and then we started.
Speaker 3: Wow that.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: And your daughters are featured. We hear that you're that Sammy has a new boyfriend. How are you feeling about this new boyfriend?
Speaker 6: He I like, it's a boyfriend, and then he wasn't. Now he's a boyfriend again.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I like a lot.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But so Max and his girlfriend just broke up, unfortunately, and just like I don't know, it's like it's so hard because it's their journey, right, it's their journey. You can't get involved, really, but oh gosh, how I want to, like, you know, just talk them through it. They learned so much about relationships in the year and a half that they dated.
Speaker 5: I remember you talking about her that you guys were like watching the show together and you know, so I know you liked her.
Speaker 3: What a bummer.
Speaker 2: I love her and always will regardless how old is he. He's seventeen seventeen.
Speaker 4: That's hot. So that's like the hard age.
Speaker 6: And I remember when my dad tried to comfort me when my boyfriend and I broke up and he actually made me feel worse. My dad said, you know, everything's gonna be okay. But I hate to tell you this, but you're going to go through this quite a.
Speaker 3: Bit the only time.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, yeah, that's not making me feel better. What are you doing like this?
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm taking more notes parenting notes. Don't say that to my kids.
Speaker 6: But he's right. But it was just funny. And it's hard seeing them get older. I worry more now. I don't know about you, tristed with my kids getting a little bit older. Were you know, they I don't have as much like control telling them you have to do them this or not.
Speaker 4: You can't go there. You know, it's hard.
Speaker 2: Well, they say that the older they get, the bigger problems they have, like you know, I don't know what the Yeah, for sure, you have like micro problems when they're little, And sorry, Bob, I'm not like.
Speaker 1: You. I have micro problems when they're little, and.
Speaker 2: They're macro problems when they're big, like you know what school and college and relationships and sex and drugs and alcohol and you know, all of these big.
Speaker 1: Things that they deal with. It's it's hard as the older.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my big my biggest concern right now is to make sure I got enough Blue episodes on Standby.
Speaker 3: To get me through the day.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I know you guys are doing a much different things.
Speaker 2: Any advice, Denise for those out there with teenagers with kids, you know, like.
Speaker 3: It? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think the thing everything's changing so fast.
Speaker 6: You know, when we were their age, we didn't have social media, we didn't have access to everything. I think I could do it all over again. I probably would have moved them out of LA and them somewhere else.
Speaker 4: And nothing against LA.
Speaker 6: I love being here, My job's here, and you know, got so many opportunities, and the kids have great friends, but it is a different lifestyle and them.
Speaker 4: Growing up with the parents who are.
Speaker 6: In the public eye, I'm sure was super easy for them. So I think that we were somewhere else, maybe it would have been a little different. I don't know, Maybe it would have been worse because they wouldn't have had any peers where their parents were also doing the same job as their dad and I.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: All I can say is just, uh, it's staying just really connected to your kids and have an open communication as they get to be teenagers and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I think is the best thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good advice perfect, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And one thing I wanted to talk about I didn't even talk about was the fact that she's not even gonna watch the show.
Speaker 3: Bob, You're not a show at all.
Speaker 4: No, I will after I'm gone, Okay, I no, I don't like, Oh I got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 6: I want thoughts to know. I'm very supportive. I want everyone else to see it. No disrespect to that. I don't watch my stuff in general. So I'm going to watch almost all the Housewives I never saw, so no kidding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do get that. It is it is.
Speaker 5: We were telling Nathan the other day that it's like the hardest part is to get ready to watch yourself on TV and pick yoursel off apart, you know.
Speaker 3: So I understand that total really quickly.
Speaker 6: I have a question about Nathan, and then I'll let you go. I thought it was hilarious because I'm like, I thought you were.
Speaker 4: A fucking Olympic swimmer. He goes yeah, with a pool and.
Speaker 6: Goggles, because I'm like, how come you can't swim in this ship? If you can't swim in this ship. I am dead.
Speaker 1: Jackie was swimming with Michael Stulps. Can't do this, then, what are you supposed to do?
Speaker 6: Although he did bring me to the edge, and I forgot to mention him too. I feel bad because he did save me from being drowning at one point. And then when we were doing that thing, when we were in that pool that they made us jump in, I kept hanging on him.
Speaker 4: He finally had the same denise, you can't hang on me or making me trouble. You're pulling me under, and I'm like, I don't want to do I'm gonna fucking drown here. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, That's where I did not feel safe. I'm like, what the hell? Where are the people underneath us?
Speaker 3: All right to come up and take you up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I know both we both have more to do outside of this interview. I wish we could we could talk the whole rest of the day, but I know I've got to get going.
Speaker 1: You've got to get going.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bob for getting on the zoom too, and Special Forces, and we hope that everyone tunes in Wednesday nights.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 2: I think maybe we'll air so if everyone tunes in tonight on Foxy.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, you guys, Thank you so nice talking to Den.
Speaker 3: Thanks for letting me be a bulying the wall for all this, I love it. It's so fascinating.