Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: It's way for Angela yee, my girl cooy is been guest hosted with me.
Speaker 3: What's up y'all?
Speaker 2: And we're both excited because Danny lay back in the building.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Blur Hi. She's been on it. We've been like moving to New York.
Speaker 5: Like we had her fashion show, her first fashion show yesterday Rookies.
Speaker 4: She was walking for Nike, so she was on a walk. I'm gonna post it soon.
Speaker 5: And then we had good Day in New York this morning, so she and then she got on stage took my mic So I don't know, I mean, I'm not trying to like put her into anything.
Speaker 1: I'm let her to herself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: She actually likes it, so I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: We saw the footage from the Rookie fashion so, so I saw I saw a little Kim was there, I saw Toya was there.
Speaker 1: Angela Simmons.
Speaker 2: What was that like seeing? I know, you have to feel so proud.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I tried not to cry because it's my makeup, but it was just like so overwhelming, and she was I just want her to have fun at the end of the day, and she was really hovy. A lot of fun doing it, and there was a lot of other like little kids, So I feel like that was.
Speaker 4: Like her comfort zone, like seeing them and was fun. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was like she got a crew. Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was ready for another one.
Speaker 3: She's like, I'm gonna do it again. I'm like, Okay, did she remind you of like younger you?
Speaker 6: Because I know you did dance when you were younger, So did you see like glimpses of yourself and her walking?
Speaker 4: Honestly, no, she reminds me of my sister.
Speaker 5: My sister was very confident and like in her bag when it comes to that.
Speaker 4: Me, I was always a shy, quiet reserved girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at how things have to.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like I'm still shy though I don't want to talk.
Speaker 2: You posted this super cute video. You said your mom made you take Indian dance classes. When I tell you that was so cute. You were ten years old, and it was just amazing to see, like.
Speaker 1: To actually have that type of footage.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm so grateful that they like recorded everything.
Speaker 4: It was cool.
Speaker 5: I was doing that for like two years and I really connected with it and loved it.
Speaker 4: I had like no rhythm, she said, and it brought me out of my show.
Speaker 1: I feel look like you did though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, Koya, I found out today did Alvin II when she was younger.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I had a real connection to dance back in the day. But it probably is something that helped shape you into the person that you are now. Your mom probably saw the light and was like, okay, let me put her and dance because I see something there. I know she saw same with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't you need to. I don't even dance like it. We're out. Have you ever seen me dandance? Never?
Speaker 2: I saw you dance when we did a sister strut we did and she was she.
Speaker 1: Was grooving at the breast cakes.
Speaker 2: But I wonder why that is, Like why not enjoy, you know, the abilities like to go out and be able.
Speaker 5: To feel like back in the day, the dance more. I feel like nowadays people are just on their phone.
Speaker 1: It's the same on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, TikTok, Yeah, I'll TikTok y.
Speaker 3: You don't do TikTok dancings. No, I don't do TikTok dance.
Speaker 2: And she's great at content and listen, you have a song recently that went viral. Onto you, I feel like you go all the time for your dance moves, but step was a whole vibe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what that was the goal. I was like, we're gonna hop on this TikTok trend and make something happen. But I really like intentionally wanted to do a song that had to dance to it that I.
Speaker 4: Could just show love to the dance community.
Speaker 5: So I just try to collab with all the biggest dancers and you're not even big, like just the coolest dancers and just.
Speaker 3: You know, show love to the dance community.
Speaker 1: And I like saying with the kids with the kids doing it too.
Speaker 5: I know, it reminded me of little Baby when I did it back then, and like the only person that did that was like.
Speaker 3: Missy Elliott for real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I always want like little kids in my videos, but it's a little harder now because I'm independent now, and it's like when it comes to having kids on set, it's like a tutor fire truck.
Speaker 3: It's like crazy, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So you are independent now, I am. So how was that? Like, are you loving it?
Speaker 4: I do? I've only like been with duv Jym like for my whole career.
Speaker 3: So it is different, you know, it is more like on me and like, but I like that.
Speaker 5: I'm like really on my own creative and my own like whatever I want to post, like when I do it, when I drop, like it feels good.
Speaker 2: That is crazy that you've only it's at funny story when you first signed a death Jam. Yeah, we did an event and a spot together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a spa day.
Speaker 2: With Danny Lay and her girls and they were like, oh would you I say yeah, absolutely, and it was a beautiful day.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So they did really do cool like activations like that.
Speaker 4: It would be nice to do it again, but I'd have to figure it out.
Speaker 1: But I got to pay for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so leaving deaf Jam, was it that your contract was up?
Speaker 1: Like how did that? What was the process of that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the contract was up, so that was it, and it was like, yeah, I was like, okay, let me try the independent route.
Speaker 3: I know things are different nowadays. I feel like this day and age, like.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of people that are independent now and they're really like working through like distros and stuff distributions.
Speaker 4: So I was like, let me try it. I have like a fan base, like.
Speaker 5: Let's see hopefully something goes up and then maybe later I'll go with another label, you know, just to do it again, but like get a better like a good good deal or something.
Speaker 2: Right, because I think once you show your value of what you could do on your own, then people are like, okay, we need to picture.
Speaker 1: And I think deals are structured so different now too.
Speaker 2: You can kind of dictate, like make things more creative as far as okay, this is our partnership.
Speaker 5: Do like a little joint label type of thing. I didn't have that before because I was just new. Now I could be like, let me make my own company and then do a little joint venture thing.
Speaker 6: But I also feel like it gives you the freedom to actually create music that you are passionate about and do the things that you want to do. And it seems like we are seeing that live out because of the things that you're putting out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know you've been talking a lot about your faith and showing us a lot of that too.
Speaker 1: You put out a.
Speaker 2: Song about God, yes, and I want to talk about that for a second as well. Before we get to the latest single, La Familia, which only makes sense. You got your mom here, you got your sister on the song.
Speaker 1: Your brother.
Speaker 2: You know, it's truly love familiar. You guys like the musical family.
Speaker 5: I know. I don't even know how we all ended up just being like with like learning music. I don't know my dad his like dad's name was Beigthoven, his sister saying in church, my mom was the dancer back in the day.
Speaker 3: She also modeled.
Speaker 1: So I guess it's just say your mom need to do one of the challenges.
Speaker 3: She always tells me. She's like, can you teach me?
Speaker 4: So I could do it, but she's never gonna really do it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna lie. Yeah, that might be fired all generations, I know.
Speaker 2: But you talked about you've been crossing your fingers and keeping it low. Yes, right, So tell me about what that's been like for you, because I feel like since you've come out, you've gotten a lot of attention. And I know, some of it good, some of it not good, some of it really difficult, and you've been open about going through difficult times. But how is it like, you know, just keeping low and just kind of rebuilding.
Speaker 4: It's been good. I think that time was very much needed.
Speaker 5: It allowed me to just really grow my relationship with God. And I truly feel like that just changed me as a person entirely. I just moved different. I see things differently. I put more value into myself. I have more faith in like what I have to come. I have more strength on just like not giving up.
Speaker 3: So I definitely had time where.
Speaker 4: I wanted to give up a lot of times. So yeah, I feel good at that time was needed.
Speaker 3: I have been keeping it low, no, literally.
Speaker 5: Just valuing family and just setting myself up for the future, setting her up like that's the goal.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day.
Speaker 6: You're speaking a lot about your relationship with God. How would you say that your relationship with God is different from now versus like a few years.
Speaker 3: Ago, it wasn't there.
Speaker 4: I grew up going to church, but I just was disconnected all the way.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It just goes to show how you like move differently in life and make better decisions, like when you are following God.
Speaker 4: And that's truly where I am right now.
Speaker 6: And yeah, what was the moment that pulled you back to God? Because you say you grew up in church, but I think we all do. And then we kind of like straight away and then we come back to you remember what moment like specifically pulled you back.
Speaker 5: I felt like there was a tug on me when I was going through a lot of dark times, but I'd never like I would try, never.
Speaker 3: Really did it.
Speaker 5: And then once my dad got diagnosed with cancer, that was the moment where I just my family, we all got together.
Speaker 4: We all had to take care of my dad.
Speaker 5: Seeing a loved one like go through so much pain and suffering it.
Speaker 4: It just like released all of like I don't know what's the word, just.
Speaker 5: Like any everything else outside of the world like didn't matter because all we were with was our family.
Speaker 4: And then God revealed a lot to us during that time.
Speaker 3: I would say like sorry, I'm like saying, oh, I'm so much sorry. I feel like.
Speaker 5: God doesn't give you guys cancer, Like he'll allow certain things to happen that the enemy will bring to us.
Speaker 4: So he just revealed so much.
Speaker 5: And my dad was dealing with a lot of like demons and things like that on a darker spiritual level, and we just got to reveal that and he just showed us like how real God is?
Speaker 4: I really?
Speaker 5: I know He's knew of God, and I was like yeah, but then he showed us like literal things that I'm like, oh, this is like real. So yeah, it that time. We just prayed over it all, and I just feel like if he wouldn't have passed away, he wouldn't have made it into Heaven. I feel like our family like truly saved my dad and yeah, he's surrendered to God at the very last bit. And then it also felt like he was God allowed it to happen to to save all of us because I don't know if who knows if my dad would have survived, and then I would have just kept on living life, like I wouldn't have fully made the change.
Speaker 2: It was like a wake up call, Yeah, your father, So was he telling you things that you never knew? Because sometimes in family, we don't have those types of conversations, especially with our parents, like we don't know what they've gone through or things that have had all.
Speaker 5: That was our first time that my dad did like confess a lot. He went through a lot of things during his childhood that I felt like we're grabbing onto him and like, you know, I don't want to get too deep into it because it's just like very personal but yeah, it allowed him to confess.
Speaker 4: When you confess your sins, that's when you really release.
Speaker 1: That's a scary thing to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard even we all confess our sins to each other as a family.
Speaker 3: Like I told my family some things and like it was hard to do, but it made.
Speaker 5: Me be like wow, and it just shows how much like shame that too, that you're like holding on to by keeping a seeking or whatever.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, oh wow, I don't feel bad about that no more.
Speaker 3: I released it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's crazy because you know, I have this second on my show called tell Us a Secret. And the reason why I did that because people who call it their anonymous we don't know.
Speaker 4: Who they are, but I've seen it.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: No judgment zone because the truth is that there is nobody that can act like they don't have some things.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that they would.
Speaker 2: Be ashamed if people knew definitely the truth about what it is.
Speaker 1: And the truth is when people do tell it, even though we don't know them online they be mad at me for even letting people.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I didn't do the thing, you know, but it makes it scary because there is a lot of judgment that people passed on each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know the Bible says not to judge people. It's like we're all going through different things in life, and who knows what we're connected to that makes you do certain things.
Speaker 3: And then it's like you can't just like live and hold on to that.
Speaker 5: You gotta move forward and grow and have accountability and like realize like, Okay, I wasn't moving right, but now it's all.
Speaker 2: Up to you to just change some of the most of what we learn is from our mistakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know that's like the biggest education I think.
Speaker 6: So do you think some of the hardships that you've experienced in life that you had to go through those lessons to be shaped and mold into the woman that you are now?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think at the time when we're going through it, we don't really see it as that, but then when we look back inside experience.
Speaker 5: No, it's the darkest season that God meets a lot of people. So it makes sense though, because you have to hold on to something and you're like searching, like what do I do next? You feel depressed, broken, Like, it makes sense. God is love, so you find that and then it just gives you like a strengthen, a pickup, and then you're like, oh wait, let me change my life.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it just was not that.
Speaker 6: And the song God you talk about finding your light again after of everything that you've experienced.
Speaker 3: What does it feel like to find your light again?
Speaker 4: It feels good.
Speaker 3: It feels really good.
Speaker 5: I feel good to just drop music that spreading light, you know, I feel I don't know. As artists, we all have responsibilities to influence people, so it's like what we put out there is really important. So the fact that I am like spreading the gospel in my own way, it's like, really, it's really exciting. And then it's for her too. Always say, when I go into the studio, I'm like, we're making music.
Speaker 3: My daughter could hear.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: My daughter could see you too.
Speaker 4: Visually, Like I'm very like adamant about that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you also got baptized. Yes, wow, how is that?
Speaker 5: I actually got baptized with my mom on my dad's birthday, I know, so it felt like we were being born again.
Speaker 4: And then my dad's birthday, it was just like a full circle.
Speaker 2: And that's something you'll remember every year. On his birthday too. I know, just that experience, man, And so a la familia, let's get into this new song because you have your fam your brother's on the song, and your sister's in a group yes Belados.
Speaker 1: And she's on the song as well.
Speaker 2: And then you guys recorded the video in the Dominican Republic, right, yes, So that was like everything I know to the fundamentals for you.
Speaker 5: Literally, it was fun. We did the song and puta khana. We were all together kind of like doing Oh say hi, I'm talking about So this is this is Belados, my brothers in the car.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: We got to keep it down.
Speaker 3: She's sleeping, she's gonna be knocked out. She's actually used to it.
Speaker 5: Dominican family literally music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually really funny.
Speaker 3: I know, I didn't even realize I was talking.
Speaker 1: And her head fell back.
Speaker 2: So what was it like for you guys all being in put ta khana together and filming this video.
Speaker 5: It was fun. It was you know, it was busy. We were in a camp too, so that they were making music. My brother was making his own music, and then we decided to do my mom decided like, let's all do a song.
Speaker 4: Together and what have we all gone through? Even these two.
Speaker 5: Girls have lost their fathers as well, right, So it was just like a full circle. I'm like, Okay, let's let's do something that celebrates grief and like getting people through it and like loving like the people that are here with us.
Speaker 1: That's one thing that's inevitable.
Speaker 2: Boy, we are all going to have grief in our lives, and we are all going to suffer from devastating losses. You know, even in this room just thinking about things that we've been through within the past year. So they have to feel very healing for you, because with grief you also have to discuss love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with no place to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you feel any like were there any special things or signs?
Speaker 1: One thing I've also learned is to always pay attention to.
Speaker 2: Signs, like when you feel like the universe is trying to tell you something, did you feel anything?
Speaker 4: Or our dad our god? And well my dad like there was he was like their tour manager.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: So he was just like my dad was like the most supportive person ever, and like.
Speaker 3: He would be in the YouTube comments or plying of.
Speaker 5: Like he would literally did Yeah, he would be strangers showing our stuff to people.
Speaker 1: It's like my dad, Yeah, my.
Speaker 2: Dad called the super market like the guy baging the groceryes knows you.
Speaker 1: How do he know who you are saying?
Speaker 3: He was just like that.
Speaker 1: He was our big cheerleader.
Speaker 5: So that alone, to me was like our sign, Like he's so happy, like hearing all of us do a song together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 2: And you know, sometimes you also want your parents to stay off because they can't take it when somebody talking about their baby. Yeah, you know, and so they can't. We could take the criticism of ourselves better than they can. I think that's the worst part when your parents have to see, like your family has to see somebody talking crazy about you and they want to clap back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like.
Speaker 7: Social media, Yeah, I think back in the day, that wasn't something that people were so freely honest on sometimes. So I think like when it came to my dad, he wasn't used to that. He was like, what is this? Or my parents are from New York, so they're like, what is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds nerve.
Speaker 1: I'm a find this person.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you because this is something I go through to have you ever seen somebody that you're cool with and they online like making jokes about a situation you're going through, and you like, oh, why would they like that or why would they comment like that? And now I got to see you in person.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Not like the top of my head, but I feel like I.
Speaker 1: Have seen something like you've been like, what is wrong with this person? I thought he was cool.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes things that happen in your life is not. It's hard for us and other people can make jokes because everybody thinks everything's funny online. Everybody turns everything into a joke and they don't realize like, this is something that's really hurtful and hard.
Speaker 5: Yes, but I've learned to not take social media that's serious anymore because I do feel like people could be probably like writing all this stuff and then see me in person like hello, okay, I get a picture.
Speaker 2: I learned about the music business throughout all of this and industry quote friends.
Speaker 4: I don't I will say, like people support them, people don't.
Speaker 5: Like there's moments and seasons where people will really support and then people will not. And I think that just goes to show with like any type of industry, Like when you're like doing really great hot yes, it's like okay, then when you're not, and then it's like okay, where are you guys at type of thing.
Speaker 3: So probably something like that.
Speaker 2: H How important was family for you throughout this time, because clearly this song laugh Familia, it is about grief, it's about loss, but it is about love and the physical title of it is laugh familiar, right, So talk to me about why that's so important that you guys have such a strong foundation and do you feel like there was a time when that was broken?
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: We definitely were going through so much before my dad got cancer, and I was just living my own life, not really caring about a lot of my decisions, and just they weren't really aligned with everything I was doing, which they shouldn't have been. But I know that they were really hurt that I like straight away from them, and that just goes to show like when you're close to the people that really love you, you can do a lot of things that you wouldn't like normally do. So now, after everything that we went through, it felt right to do a song together because we all do music and we've been working so hard for so many years.
Speaker 1: So whose idea was it?
Speaker 3: It was my mom's idea. Yeah, it was my mom's ideas.
Speaker 7: The reality.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I consideration.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm scared of.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not honestly.
Speaker 7: If I'm gonna be honest, I'm ana jump in. But our family is such a character. Like my brother, I wish he was here because he's honestly such a funny person even though we fight all the time, he just has like such a personality. So I feel like it would be I feel like people would like love to.
Speaker 1: Watch you don't want to glow up too. I want to say I know I'm not found.
Speaker 7: I was like, wait, why getting older looking here, like like we're so was just walking out of this all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh my, that's my favorite thing.
Speaker 7: But like that, people like I like commented on it, and I was like this one video he's like drinking his water bottle, but he drinks it like four times in the video, and I commented, I was like, bro, how many times you're gonna drink this water bottle? And then people replying back and like, yeah, why do you do I'm like okay, I said, I can.
Speaker 4: Okay, No that's funny.
Speaker 5: And then we're all like creative too, So I feel like it'd be interesting he does his music. They all sang like it would be interesting.
Speaker 1: You want to do that. I just don't like.
Speaker 7: She's like, it's gonna be a black shadow.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you're thinking about it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm getting older, so I'm getting more like I don't care.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you also have to just not care at the end of the day. Day some people that's gonna love you, and then some people that won't. There will be people who are determined to not like you no matter what you do, and you know there will be people who always support you because they real fans. And so a show they're all gonna watch though, Yeah, you're either gonna watch.
Speaker 1: To love it or watch to hate exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reality show interesting.
Speaker 8: I'll just take a good offer. Let's see what happens. He was really interesting. One limited series maybe.
Speaker 1: Or why not do the pilot yourselves?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: We talk about controls.
Speaker 7: Actually, we've been having a video guy follow us like for the rest of this trip, and he every time he.
Speaker 3: Loves what he loves it. He's like, oh, they're fighting. Entertainment we're loud.
Speaker 1: Like we don't know what is natural. Yeah, that's not that's not like we're not always fighting.
Speaker 8: We're just talking.
Speaker 1: Sound like, here's the loudest Brandon everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like your tone is okay, you talk a lot.
Speaker 3: I just project a lot.
Speaker 1: I have a very good dieph Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now would you be open the show on your dating lives on here?
Speaker 3: I'm engaged.
Speaker 7: I number one on America's Favorite Couple. Were actually can go vote for us so we can win? Yeah, we're America's favorite couple.
Speaker 4: We do like model coupling and stuff.
Speaker 7: Really, he loves my family, so I think could be so great.
Speaker 3: He's a white boy, so it's just better and better.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's like a white boy with Dominican sauce because actually we don't know Dominican.
Speaker 3: He embraces the culture.
Speaker 4: He loves to eat all the time, and he loves the culture.
Speaker 3: He thinks my family is hilarious.
Speaker 7: It's funny because when I go to his house, it's very quiet, and when I go to him, he comes to my house like, oh wow, there is.
Speaker 8: Actions great integrate Jenny's family.
Speaker 9: Yeah, wy, oh my gosh, there be on the floor dancing it's like crazy family, we need to see someone we need Yeah, yeah, it would be so much.
Speaker 1: So now, Danny Lay, when you date? Are you dating?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Lord?
Speaker 4: And I know you're gonna ask. I know you're gonna ask, but I'm gonna just keep it to the low. But yeah, I was just you know, keeping.
Speaker 1: I know, somebody say keeping load at me, yes, because.
Speaker 3: I know you just say no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna say my.
Speaker 2: Music is my boyfriend exactly. So what type of rules do you have for yourself now? Like when it comes to dating, what are some things you learned about yourself?
Speaker 5: Having a man of God is really important because that just shapes their character. They're just they fear God, so they're not about to do things that's like out of pocket.
Speaker 3: That's a great point.
Speaker 6: So if you don't even fear God, you're not gonna fear me exactly.
Speaker 3: So that was like my number one thing.
Speaker 4: And that's there. So living do you want to sure? Why not?
Speaker 1: She's out of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah's time.
Speaker 1: She tired herself out that.
Speaker 3: It was not time for sure. What time is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Two o'clock? Perfect time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, just someone atlantic go ahead bless himself.
Speaker 5: Yes, And I was really just wanting someone that's so sweet, and I feel he's just so sweet and caring.
Speaker 4: And those are the non rules, Like I didn't really about it.
Speaker 2: Looks, how to looks come into this is key? Okay, you know, yes you can you dance?
Speaker 3: Yeah you can?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that a big deal for you because you're a great dancers.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it wasn't something that I cared about. But like we've been out and have like dance together and like people didn't even know like who it was or nothing.
Speaker 4: And it was just us and like yeah, and I'm just like, yo, this is so fun.
Speaker 5: I've never had a partner I could like dance with like this and it's really fun.
Speaker 1: Goes with you. Maybe I'm okay, I didn't really pay attention.
Speaker 6: I'm like, because you're a memory that good.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to because you ran up, but she was like low key, I can't see who was around. Okay, Okay, I'm gonna go back to the footage. But so do you feel like you do want to keep things like private? When do you feel like you'll pop out?
Speaker 1: Y'all shall see Okay on the show. But you seem happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm really happy. I feel really good.
Speaker 2: All right, So aside from because I feel like you always have a lot of different things going on aside from the music, right and this reality show that you're working on.
Speaker 1: What else is Danny Lay working on? And and a mom? I mean, do you even have time?
Speaker 5: I know? That's That's what I was actually going to say, is like just focusing on like settling at a place, like getting my own space, and like.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to like go into like a business.
Speaker 4: I don't know what, but just something like outside of music that I that just brings income.
Speaker 10: Okay, I feel that, you know, because yeah, because it's like the music industry is different now too, because it's just like shows back then, we're like so much more pay and it's just like I'm not about to rely on like if I get booked.
Speaker 4: Or not, you know, so I want to just come up with something.
Speaker 1: I have some ideas, yeah, like what.
Speaker 5: I was thinking maybe like a Pilate studio. Ok yeah, thank you, I love it. And then my mom wants to do like a coffee shop.
Speaker 1: I was like, I have a coffee shop.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, I have a coffee shop in Brooklyn and in Harlem.
Speaker 4: Okay, I remember your coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's my coffee coffee up lists.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about having your coffee shop?
Speaker 3: Is easy?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's kind of easy because it's like I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna say this, brick and mortar businesses are tough because if you're not going to be there physically to run it, you have to have a great staff. So if you have great people that can manage and work there, that and location is the number one thing you have to think about. According to Small Business Services, the number one reason businesses feel is location.
Speaker 1: You know, keeping your overhead low.
Speaker 2: Because employees is also it's also something that you can never predict, like people being on time, people being responsible people, and when you do get some good ones, you got to take care of them.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not even just about money.
Speaker 2: It's about like opportunities and being able to grow and learn other things. And I think another thing that's helped us is we have the actual coffee. So we import the beans and we roast them ourselves and then we are able to sell them too. We have Perpuvian, Mexican, Indonesian, and Ethiopian, and I think with that, you know, it makes sense, like it goes with the branding.
Speaker 1: I knew that five restaurants in total.
Speaker 8: It's a She thinks it's a crazy idea for me to even because you know the work that it entails. But I just figure after you know, I don't know, I want to do something. I'm going I'm understanding the overhead costs because of my experience, So I'm trying to do something really small, right, so the way that I can handle with maybe two employees, that not a.
Speaker 1: Full on restaurant, because a full on a restaurant is tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm definitely not doing.
Speaker 5: Even like a dance studio would be cool, but that's also a lot of like overhead and a lot of children, like a lot of people. So I'm like, Okay, there's like a lot to handle and I'd have to really handle it.
Speaker 3: But I also still want to do music.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could do us for first, and then that's how you old expand your database.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I also I know you're talking about doing things outside of the music industry, but I remember at one point you were like.
Speaker 3: Choreographing for Chris Brown.
Speaker 6: I think you're such a dope creative and I can even see you like taking the Tiana Taylor route where you are like a creative director for people and artists.
Speaker 3: Do you think something like that?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's definitely what I want to do. I feel like I've been creating. I was like eighteen, Yeah yeah, because the first thing I did was with print, so it felt like I.
Speaker 3: Was like, what you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I feel you on that.
Speaker 5: She's definitely like one of my inspirations on like her career, how she's just in movies creative directing like fly.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I want to.
Speaker 5: Do all that.
Speaker 6: If you were to take that route, is there an artist that you would love to work with and do something like that.
Speaker 5: I've seen people and I'm like, ooh, I would love to like choreograph like Maradas scientists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was would be cool to do something for her write sciences.
Speaker 1: Definitely needs to because I want to say this, she's.
Speaker 2: Got banging so so good, and she's got a good personality. She's fun and she's been booked and busy, and I think that is something that is.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they're not She's putting out there.
Speaker 2: I love this, But I appreciate you for coming here today and you know, kicking it with us. I love that we got a chance to meet for loower briefly when she passed out to see. But I'm liking to see like the energy of you having your mom your family around you, and I can tell that like you seem so grounded and like refreshed.
Speaker 4: No, I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: The skin is glowing, thank you my makeup from all day though, because this is like from six it looks great, stiff.
Speaker 1: When it's the full project coming out, and what can we.
Speaker 5: Expect we are working on like I don't think it's going to happen, but we were trying to get like end of August, but everything is pretty much mixed and mastered.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm like, okay, but we'll see.
Speaker 5: I just want to have more time to like pitch the DSPs and like make sure it like gets in the right places first.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel like the response has been? You feel good? You feel okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I leave it to God. I'm just like I'm gonna put this out.
Speaker 4: It goes, it goes.
Speaker 5: If it doesn't, it's just okay, like it's his time, and so I feel good.
Speaker 3: I feel really good.
Speaker 2: How would you if you had to categorize this project, right, what type of direction? Because I feel like I'm hearing you know, different sounds and different things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I feel I've always kind of done that with all my projects, where it's always like a mix of like hip hop, R and B.
Speaker 4: Always throw like a Spanish song in there, so I kind of feel like it's like the same vibe.
Speaker 3: I think it's fun.
Speaker 5: There's like a couple of ups, there's not many downs. Actually, it's a nice blend of like there's some like R and B drill in there, there's some hip hop vibes where I'm like in my little wrapping bag, and then there's some there's an afrobeat that I have in there that's kind of like Las Familia, and then another one in there. Yeah, there's like an acoustic guitar one that starts off the intro yeh and familiar.
Speaker 6: You go back and forth throughout the song between Spanish and English.
Speaker 3: Could we expect more of that on the new project?
Speaker 4: Okay, not on the new project, but next year Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to take my time with like go tapping into the Latin market.
Speaker 1: Oh you have to do that? Yeah, I want and I.
Speaker 3: Have been doing it.
Speaker 5: I literally had like a whole camp for just Spanish records, and I got some really good songs.
Speaker 4: Actually, there is a bilingual song on there. It's called easy Love, and it's really good.
Speaker 5: I want to come back to like New York and shoot some visuals because it feels like New York Y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say New York is definitely the home of bilingual Spanish.
Speaker 1: Harlan. We got Washington Heights, we got.
Speaker 2: Melting you know, I wish LANs, Puerto Ricans and everything here.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, thank you Danny later.
Speaker 2: You know, it's always good to see you, I know, And I felt like this was a nice it was off this.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm walking yesterday like this was.
Speaker 5: The first interview I haven't felt nervous for every time I get into it, and we don't like so nervous.
Speaker 3: So I'm just so happy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, of course, thank you.
Speaker 5: I