Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovack, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 1: We are getting earnings right now from Octa. Of course, this is the application software company. Here's the bottom line number EPs in the most recent quarter of Beat ninety one cents a share. The street looking for eighty five revenue of Beat seven hundred and sixty five million dollars. Street looking for seven to fifty two. Here's your guidance. I'm going to go for the full year. For the full year EPs arrange three seventy nine to three eighty seven. The street was looking for three seventy four to three eighty two. On the revenue side, three point one nine billion to three point two billion. Its previous guidance was three point one seven to three point one nine. So a modest beat on a modest raise, and at least the knee jerk reaction is to the downside's.
Speaker 3: Talk about net app. Those numbers crossing the wire rate. Now when it comes to twenty twenty seven adjusted EPs, the forecast. There beat estimates. The company gave a range they see that between eight dollars and seventy cents to nine dollars. The estimate had been for eight dollars and fifty three cents, So even the lower end of that range well above the estimate. Here, you take a look at the look back first quarter adjusted EPs, or rather the expectation for that EPs figure is between two dollars and five cents to two dollars and fifty cents. The estimate was for a dollar and eighty four cents. Again, big beats here, and you can see that shares absolutely flying in the after hours, Matt Hire by about thirteen to fourteen percent.
Speaker 2: Right now, all right, I'm looking at Autodesk, this company which makes the system software system used by builders and architects. Currently looking at shares trading just a little bit higher on the after market after announcing multi billion dollar acquisition. It's going to buy I maintain X for about three point six billion dollars in cash. It says maintain X is a leading modern maintenance and operations and operations solution solutions company. So a three point six billion dollar all cash transaction, and we're going to get the earnings from Auto desk right now as well. We have adjusted EPs two point nine nine or two dollars ninety nine cents versus two twenty nine in the previous year. First Quarternet revenue was a dollar sorry, one point nine to three billion dollars compared to one point eight nine billion dollars as the estimate, So beating on the sales line and beating on the operating margin line as well at thirty eight percent compared to well thirty eight point six percent was the estimate. So just beating there and beating on billings as well, one point sixty nine billion. The estimate was for one point five four billion, So it looks like in terms of everything except for the forecast, they're beating. That's important because they say second quarter AD just a DPS is only going to be three ten to three fourteen. So we'll watch how the street reacts to this, but so far the shares now they're turning down a little bit in the after hours trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually curious about this maintain X acquisition here. It's kind of interesting. We were talking yesterday and the day before on the close about this idea of whether we were actually going to start to see more M and A activity with regards to some of these privately held companies in the AI and tech space rather than IPO exits. And this is a big one. I mean, we're talking about three and was it three and a half billion dollars here? So not chump change here. And one of the guests we talked to yesterday guys basically said that we will likely see a lot more M and A activity rather than just IPO exits.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, and that seems to be again the story. When it comes to Autodesk. You can see the show is actually moving higher in the wake of this news. Again double WHAMMI when it comes to that transaction, but also the earnings that they reported there. I do also want to re it net app because what a move we are seeing in that stock. You know, you think about the forecast that they gave healthily beating estimates, their stock absolutely soaring hire by about nine and a half percent. We were looking at gains of eighteen percent earlier, but still nothing to sneeze at, Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: We are also getting Dell earnings, which shouldn't be sneezed at either, and they're raising their fiscal year twenty twenty seven AI server revenue to about sixty billion dollars, their estimate going up ten billion to sixty billion. They had previously said it would be fifty billion dollars. They see full year revenue in total of one hundred sixty five that's for this year, one hundred sixty five to one hundred and sixty nine billion dollars, and they had seen revenue of one thirty eight to one forty two. So from a top end of one forty two to potentially one hundred sixty nine billion dollars. The Dell shares are soaring in the aftermarket a after this, or I think it's fair to say jumping is probably better than storing right now three point five percent, as you can see there on your screen. But they also raise their revenue forecast for the year exactly. Yeah, they raised their full year revenue forecast to a top end of one hundred and sixty nine billion dollars, and they had seen one hundred and forty two billion dollars. So the outlook for Dell, whether you're talking about the full year in total or the AI server revenue much higher than they had previously seen it.
Speaker 1: And when it comes to the AI server, obviously that's part of that Infrastructure solutions group. We should just point out that revenue just in that group alone is basically triple what it was a year ago. And of course Dell one of the big beneficiaries of the AI build out. O kye I thought software companies we're supposed to be a beneficiary of this as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely some dispersion there. I will just point out that the games that you're seeing in Dell, they come after a one hundred and fifty three percent year to date rally for Dell, so we'll see if that holds. I do want to talk about Mango dB because it is pancaking right now after giving their numbers, so their first quarter adjusted EPs, it actually they beat estimates on that line, first quarter adjusted EPs coming in at a dollar and thirty two cents. The estimate had been for a dollar and nineteen cents. They raised their full year fiscal twenty twenty seven guidance as well, but still you can see that, you know when you look at the shares down about seventeen percent right now after reporting that first quarter result. Here we're going to take a look at why necessarily because again, taking a look at the first quarter numbers, not too too bad here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Mango dB getting hit hard as Dell rises on earnings. Let's take a look at American Eagle Outfitters as where I get all my clothes. First quarter net revenue one point two billion dollars, barely beating the estimate of one point one to nine billion dollars adjusted EPs at fourteen cents. That also beats the estimate of twelve cents. And yet the shares drop sixteen percent after earnings right well, right now down twelve point eight percent, but getting hit hard after beating in the reporting quarter. So I'm gonna have to look a little bit deeper into this for an outlook, but it looks like Wall Street expected more here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And American Ego has been a little bit more of a basket case, dealing with a lot of inventory issues as well as just kind of a let's just say management issues with regards to getting that business back on track. Of course, we are still awaiting those earnings out of Gap, which has been a much more of a successful turnaround story. I do just want to turn back to Mango dB for a second, because the shares all over the map. They were down about twenty percent, now down about ten percent. And yesterday when we got those earnings out of Snowflake, there was this idea that basically everything in that sort of software ecosystem, those second tier software companies, the ones that are basically more the backbone software when it comes to the AI buildout, would somehow be beneficiaries. I'm trying to come through this release, Katie Greifeld, and I'm just a little confused as to why there's such negative reaction here. Yeah, maybe it's just because the guidance wasn't high enough, but this is definitely something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, you take a look at adjusted first quarter EPs that came in above estimates, same thing too when you take a look at revenue. We're going to continue to keep an eye on that because that is a sharply negative reaction on Mango dB.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 1: Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines.
Speaker 2: Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay. And Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.