Speaker 1: He gave me donky other day, and I deserve that. You need to know, you need to tell them. I am you have the boys. Tell them it's turn for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 2: It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: You know what you want.
Speaker 3: Charlomage, Damn Chalomage, who do your hes?
Speaker 4: A dunky of the dayson now?
Speaker 2: Well, sexy red Donkey today for Friday, February twenty first goes to Ashley Cross.
Speaker 1: Ashley is a thirty.
Speaker 2: Seven year old African American woman from Memphis, Tennessee. Okay, salute everyone who listens to us on K ninety seven in Memphis. Now, I'm sure that you all are aware by now there's a lot of companies that rolled back their diversity equity and including initiatives. One of those companies is Walmart. Now, if you read my first book, Black Privilege, and you know the joy Walmart brought me as a child, because when you grow up in the country like I did. Salute the monst Corner South Carolina, drop on the clues bombs for most Corner South Carolina. When you grow up in the country or rural area, the twenty five hour Walmart is everything. Okay, that's what we would go late at night because there was nothing else to do. Yes, the good old days, walking the holy.
Speaker 1: Grounds of Walmart.
Speaker 2: This was way back in the day when the only thing they were rolling back is prices. But a lot of people have called for a boycott at these companies, in particular Target, but Ashley Cross has decided that she is staging a one woman boycott of Walmart. Yes, in fact, Ashley is not going to be shopping at Walmart in period. No Walmart in the country, none of them ever again. Okay, do you have that kind of commitment to your boycott? Can you vow to never shopping an establishment ever again? Are a scott paper tower being ten sixty eight for twelve rolls too great a deal to pass up?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: If it is, then you can always do what Ashley did because it's guaranteed Ashley will never step foot in any Walmart ever again. And I lie, it's not because she's boycotting Walmart. It's actually because Walmart is boycotting her. What do you mean, Uncle, Sharla, Walmart is boycotting her. Well, let's go to new Channel three for the report.
Speaker 5: Police Ashley Cross charged with criminal trespass and theft of merchandise. Is, according to the police report, a well known shoplifter at this Walmart on Elvis Presley Boulevard in Whitehaven, so well known to Walmart that Cross is on an Authorization of Agency list, meaning she's banned from any Walmart location in the United States. The Elvis Presley Boulevard stores where Cross and another suspect were arrested February tenth, Cross was seen unisying and devised to scan her items for one dollar at a self checkout machine.
Speaker 6: Ashley Cross remains in jail on a seventy five hundred dollars bond. She is due back in court February nineteenth. The suspect with Cross received a misdemeanor citation for theft of property.
Speaker 2: Oh, she already with the court. I wonder what happened, Listen. I used to shoplift up until twenty sixteenth. Okay, that's when I stopped shoplifting. But I didn't, you know, feel like I was stealing because nine.
Speaker 1: Years ago you had a little money.
Speaker 3: Nine years ago, are you still stealing?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I didn't feel like he was stealing because I didn't try to hide anything I would walk in and you know, take what I want to just walk out.
Speaker 1: You only get caught when you look suspicious, you know.
Speaker 2: Plus I never really stole anything but magazines, you know, when I was young, like Black and Miles, twelve packs of butt light, random stuff like that. But Ashley is clearly a kleptomaniac. And she's good because she was using a bar code from an old watch battery to scan all her items for just one dollar to self checkout.
Speaker 1: I stand a creative thief.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all still stealing like flintstones actually out here like a jetson with it. Or maybe this is the normal way to shoplift. Now, I don't steal anymore, so I wouldn't know. But Ashley stole eleven packs of Ramen noodles, women's boots, a pair of jeans, and a T shirt, all totaling one hundred and thirty seven dollars and thirty four cents. Now, this woman was clearly stealing essentials. Okay, these are reasonable things to steal. Ramen noodles, boots, clothes, I understand. In America. I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear. There's gonna be a lot more of this. Why because during America's inflation crisis, Walmart was the spot Okay, you can get good deals all types of essentials. But on yesterday, Walmart said things are about to get slow because consumers are growing increasingly frustrated with inflation and they're concerned about President Trump's taffs. Basically, folks being broke, and if people keep losing their jobs, they will be broken.
Speaker 1: And if you are the reason.
Speaker 2: Okay people are losing their jobs, like Elon Musk and Donald Trump are in regards the federal workers, and you're putting tariffs on items. Not only do I not have a job, things are going to be even more expensive.
Speaker 1: So what am I going to resort to doing?
Speaker 2: I tell you what people will resort to doing trying to survive, and trying to survive can look like a number of things, and sometimes one of those things is shoplifted. I'm not making excuses for Ashley. I'm just telling America what the inevitable is when you don't take care of the least of us. Nevertheless, Ashley crosses on Walmart's authorization of agency lists, which prohibits her from entering any Walmart store across the country. I didn't know such a list existed, but Ashley is on it, and she is currently well not don't even know if currently, but she was being held on the seventy five hundred dollars bond, probably still.
Speaker 1: In it, she's probably still looking it. Because if you ain't had.
Speaker 2: One hundred and thirty four dollars to get these items form Walmart, you damn sure ain't got the seventy five hundred dollars bond all to ten percent of seven hundred and fifty dollars to get out. But some donkey of the days just sell themselves. Please give Ashley Cross the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 4: You oh the day, ye oh the day.
Speaker 2: Ye I know, it's just you feel bad for now. You don't feel bad for her. She's a repeat offender. She could have got a job.
Speaker 3: Or maybe the first offense put something on her record and she couldn't get the job.
Speaker 1: That is true too, but she stole from there a lot. Why wouldn't you switch it up?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: This is gonna sound bad, but no you ever you ever be in so check out and be feeling like this. I shouldn't have to pay for this stuff, like some of this stuff is old to me, Like maybe she felt like that.
Speaker 1: No I don't. I felt like that.
Speaker 2: And that's what happens when you still wiggle, When you still wiggle, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You get what?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You so lucky you were still in when your face was two different colors, because they wouldn't have recognized you from me to side.
Speaker 1: That is true. That is very true.
Speaker 2: If you if I'm on camera in twenty sixteen, that's not me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not me. It's not the same person.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a Donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the Harns.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club