Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Jetty arm Strong and Jetty enough Key, I'm strong.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't look like it's even going to work on paper. But imagine trying to force those huge movements of population or militaries in the real world in potentially a continuing battlefield zone. That's the reality of the idea of territorial swaps already flat out rejected here by Ukraine. A tough political ask, an impossible military ask, you might argue, and that really leads people so anxious here that as the bedrock of these talks, potentially it's territorial swaps, and that is impractical and unsellable here. What possibly could Trump emerge from that meeting.
Speaker 3: With that's CNN's reporting yesterday. I've heard a lot of different reporting and a lot of different angles, of course, because this came together really fast, and we have no idea how it's going to go or really even what the topic matter is going to be.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss with Justin Logan, director of Defense and Foreign Policy Studies at the Cato Institute. Justin's take might differ somewhat from ours, but he has at least an idea from judging from his recent piece of how a settlement might look at the title of the piece is the key to success at Trump puton Alaska summit on Ukraine. Low expectations, Justin Logan joins us. Now, Justin, how are you, sir?
Speaker 5: Just fine, good morning.
Speaker 4: Low expectations, I think is absolutely an appropriate stance, as we don't see much overlap at all between Putin's goals for the territory of Ukraine and and Ukraine's certainly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, the underlying and unhappy, unfortunate act of the matter is that Russia is in a relatively stronger position on the battlefield than Ukraine is, and that makes Russia both more willing to continue the conflict and less willing to compromise diplomatically. So Trump has a very difficult task here, which is to see whether a piece can be produced that isn't disastrous from Ukraine's point of view, and that you know, as I said, the piece, we should have low expectations. Even incremental shifts would be welcome at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that seems like one of the problems I've been saying for the last couple of days is a Ukraine is horrified with the status quo. Putin's okay with the status quo. He'd be fine with continuing prosecuting the war the way he is, So a nothing burger would be good from his standpoint. How do you get around that?
Speaker 5: No, that's exactly right. And you know, the Ukrainians have said, you know, look, our constitution commits us to pursue NATO membership, which isn't going to happen, and prohibits us from seating any territory, including Crimea, which has already happened. So they're sort of using this sort of legalistic argumentation to dig in on a position that just isn't going to happen. So I don't fault them for that. It makes a lot of sense to me that they should look as unwilling to compromise as possible in the hopes of getting a compromised that again is a total disaster. But on paper, yeah, this thing isn't really going to go very far, very fast, if it goes anywhere.
Speaker 4: One question we've been banding back and forth is whether Europe will, as I put it earlier, find at least one of its testicles and assert itself as a party that truly has a strong interest in stability or not. How do you see NATO slash Europe's involvement in this latest chapter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they are also digging in and not showing much flexibility. But I think the question is, you know, Europe needs to you know, to maybe I'll avoid your metaphor, but it needs to sort of it needs to sort of back its diplomacy with force. Right the ultimasio in international relations is military power, and Europe is short still to this day on military power, despite its declaration that it's going to spend three and a half percent of GDP on defense by twenty thirty five. It needs to spend more, and it needs to spend better if it wants more voice. And I think that that's the sort of crucial disconnect that Trump has living pair, which is that you know, if Europe wants more say, it needs more power, and that is an enduring problem for both particularly for the Europeans, but also in my view, for the Americans. If the Americans want to hand over European security to Europe, which I think would be a good thing to do, needs to attack together, and it's making noiages about doing so, but not to my not enough to my satisfaction.
Speaker 3: So you don't do a lot of testical metaphors there, Kato not nothing of radio. You know, this might end up being a lesson in real politic for a lot of us. This whole thing because Lindsey Graham saying on the Sunday Shows that look, Ukraine isn't gonna, you know, get back every bit of their land and Putin's not going to Kiev. But which I think those things are true. But why I don't know where this goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Lindsay Graham grappling with reality is progress in international politics anyway. I mean, the bare fact of the matter is we're not going back to twenty fourteen. Unfortunately, it would be great if Ukraine, you know, regain all territory the international community recognizes as being part of Ukraine. But in politics is a brutal business. Ladder. Putin is you know, someone who reveals that every day he gets out of bed in the morning. And so we have to maximize what what is sort of the art of the possible, if you will, you know, what can we produce it? And I think look to you know, revealed. You know, I thought that this was going to go way worse, way quicker for Ukraine. So they have been heroic, right, they have defended their territory. Right. I think no one, you know, to talk about the realities that Vladimir Putin has to grapple with. He's not going to take all of Ukraine. He's not going to take most of Ukraine. Ukraine is going to come out of this as a sovereign autonomous country. And you know, so there's all these things that need to be haggled over. You know, Putin wants to put I think unreasonable limits on Ukraine's arm forces. It's not going to join NATO. So so we're revealing truths through the course of this thing. And and one hopes, you know, I hope I'm wrong. I hope that you know, there's more progress made today than I suspect, and we get closer to a settlement of this conflict that leaves a Ukraine that is a sovereign, functioning country on Russia's border.
Speaker 4: We're talking to Justin Logan, director of Defense and Foreign Policy Studies at the Cato Institute. Justin, if you were to advise Donald Jay or any other leader about negotiating with Putin, especially sitting down with Putin to negotiate, what would you tell him about Putin and his methods.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, if you read the newspaper, I mean, it's all sort of there in black and white, right, he doesn't need any sort of putent whisperer to say this is a brutal guy who really means business and really cares deeply about Ukraine's international orientation. Certainly, he's revealed that he's willing to pay extremely high costs to influence the sort of future orientation of Ukraine. And you know, one again sort of brutal reality is, you know, we're we're all worried about escalation. We were all worried about the potential of nuclear escalation or escalation outside Ukraine's orders. And part of the reason that that hasn't come to the fore is the fact that Putin has been gradually, slowly brutally winning the conflict. And so we need to internalize he is revealed in the breach that he's willing to pay enormous costs to influence the settlement of this conflict. And we've revealed under President Joe Biden and under President Trump that we're not willing to go to the mattresses and fight Russia in Ukraine over Ukraine. So that's going to be the sort of starting point of understanding what we should do. And you know, to be honest, we've used a lot of economic leverage, a lot of sanctions and it hasn't worked, if you define work as you know, caused to change his mind and leave Ukraine. So again, I hate to be the sort of dark cloud here, but it's you know, playing the type.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 5: You know, we need to realize that we have limited leverage to produce a maximually good outcome for Ukraine from this thing. So we're very much in the realm of third best, fourth best, or as I might put it, least worse outcomes.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, if you're dealing with Putin, you don't stand next to any open windows. Secondly, I love, I love dealing in reality. I mean, there's no advantage to ever not dealing in reality. So if the reality Putin is going to end up being rewarded for having invaded a smaller country and getting to keep the land because the rest of the world's not willing to, uh, you know, put up the fight to stop him? What how do you deal with Taiwan and China? What's how do you make that not send the message to China that here now it's your turn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's you don't want to be a small country bordering a larger, more powerful country if you can avoid it, and unfortunately neither Ukraine nor Taiwan can avoid that. So the question then becomes what do you do optimally to make yourself look like? And this is a Taiwan metaphor that think tanks works use all the time. Like a porcupine, right, porcupines don't get attacked because they're bristling with quills. They're likely to get their hooks into you, and it hurts. It's not a pleasant experience. And so Taiwan, I think, you know, there are more things that Taiwan needs to do better for itself than there are things that the US military needs to do on behalf of Taiwan, which is to say, if the balloon goes up God forbid in Taiwan, it will take the US military, in optimal scenarios four or five six days to really meaningfully get into the fight. And Taiwan has been so negligent with its own defense, spending about two percent of GDP art defense not spending it well that it may all be over, but the crime by the time we were to get there. So I think that from a Taiwan point of view, Taiwan needs to engage in asymmetric sense. It needs to do another hokey before that, we think tank Doork's use a small number of things at great scale, So it needs to prevent China from getting a lodgment that it could flow troops onto and without getting too boringly into the weeds here. It hasn't been doing a great job of that. So I would love to see Taiwan focus its military less on big ticket items that China is likely to be able to pick off early in a conflict, and do things that really again turn it into a porcupine that China can't swallow.
Speaker 1: Be a better porcupine.
Speaker 4: So a final question for Justin Logan Justin back to the Russia Ukraine US thing, what are the chances that Putin comes to the table with a grand bargain in capitals that Ukraine is merely a part of to tempt Donald J. Trump into some sort of historical Arctic minerals arms control package.
Speaker 5: That's a good question. I hate to make predictions. It seems unlikely to me. Putin was sort of signaling yesterday that he might be willing to talk about arms control, which is a sort of weird non response to what the commit is supposed to be about. So I think it's possible that he brings things to the table that don't pertain to Ukraine, because as we sort of established earlier in the call, he's kind of sort of okay with the best quo in Ukraine. And I think it's a real question of whether Trump and the people Trump brings with him are willing to bite on that, or whether they bring things back around to finding some sort of diplomatic resolution to the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Justin Logan of the Cato Institute, fabulous conversation. Justin, we thank you. It's been far too long since we've talked. We will verbally abuse our staff for letting that happen. Thank you so much for the time.
Speaker 5: There's a great pleasure.
Speaker 1: Have a good week, ID guys, Thank you you too.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: That was a snap back to reality. It's so easy, speaking for myself, to let your wishes be your the father of your thoughts with things?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Trump has that land? Is anybody willing to push him off of it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Show a hands?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, well then let's just concede that deed gets that land. It's gonna happen, right, Yeah, yeah, it's I don't know when it was. It might have been about a decade ago that it occurred to me. The term disillusioned ought to be a positive, not a negative.
Speaker 4: What good are your illusions doing you? Especially in important stuff? I mean, if your illusion is that you're handsome and chicks digya, that's fine?
Speaker 1: Okay, me too, right anyway.
Speaker 4: So a quick word from her friends, it's simply save home security the illusion of safety, get real safety with a state of the art simply safe home security system with the active guard outdoor protection.
Speaker 1: It helps stop breakings before they happen.
Speaker 3: I got this at my house. I got the censors on the windows and the doors and the cameras and all the stuff, and it took up to the Wi Fi and it's very very cool and makes me feel more comfortable about leaving my home. Name best home security system of twenty twenty five by seeing.
Speaker 4: It YEP and the live monitoring agents combined with all that technology, that's what really keeps you safe. No contracts, no hidden fees. Monitoring plans start around a bucket day. It's so affordable. Visit simply safe dot com slash Armstrong claim fifty percent off a new system with a pro monitoring plan. Get your first month free. That's simply safe dot com slash Armstrong. There's no safelights, simply saying we.
Speaker 3: Got to go more on the way, stay here, Armstrong.
Speaker 8: Hetty United Airlines has announced to a new partnership with Apple TV Plus for inflight entertainment, while Spirit is continuing its partnership with Cup and Ball.
Speaker 7: Spirit Airlines is warning that it may soon cease operations within the next year. Customers can expect no change in service.
Speaker 3: Cup and Ball.
Speaker 1: That's funny, wow.
Speaker 4: I have amused my myself for seconds at a time the Cup and Ball. At one point I convinced my kids that I competed in the Olympics in the.
Speaker 1: Cup and Ball competitiones.
Speaker 4: I got like three in a row, and they're like, oh my god, Dad, I said, listen, I don't like the brag, but.
Speaker 1: Good times lying to my children.
Speaker 4: Speaking of children, I will mention this very briefly, there is an alarming new study that we probably ought to go into deeply. Smartphones are ruining our brains at unprecedented speed, especially young people in you know, the levels of conscientiousness, neuroticism, agreeableness, extraversion, et cetera. The numbers are unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Is it possible, I've said this before, Is it possible that walking around staring at your phone becomes like smoking? Is now? I mean, you know, back when my dad was smoking, way back in the day, everybody did it. It was recommended by doctors.
Speaker 1: It calmed you.
Speaker 3: Down, and it helped you lose weight. It was all kinds of buzzy, and everybody did it. And now it's just you see somebody smoking anything.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Do you think it could go that far? Or we just just too much into appealing it. It's too universally appealing. Cigarettes didn't have enough upside. There's too much upside, well upside using my finger quotes. Yeah, So anyway, everybody's staring at their phones and miserable in one hundred different measures, or at least half a dozen. And in a related story, this is crazy. Adults are going to sleep away camp to make friends, and it actually seems to work. Overnight camps for single adults. It's not a dating thing. It's generally separated by sex. But where you go to like a summer camp for adults and make friends and you do you know, a tug of war, climbing, ropes, courses, a hiking, you know, canoeing, blah blah blah. And this focus is almost entirely on women this article. But this gal says, when you're a twenties in your twenties and thirties, you don't make a ton of friends unless you're doing something that bonds you. And they've found the camps have been great. They really hit it off with people, They stay in touch and become long term friends.
Speaker 3: I feel like this has got a real extrovert bias to it, that it would really work for extroverts and they would love it and for better and good for you, that's fantastic. You're I don't know what percentage of people are extroverts, but uh, that'd be great. I just man, I heard that. My immediate reaction was that sounds freaking awful. Oh, we need to start an introverts camp. I don't expect attendance to be great, at least not at first. We're all going to read alone in our tents.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, and look, you want to wander out and talk about what you're reading, totally voluntary, totally. We're gonna have a kayak thing tomorrow, single kayaks.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Let me assure you single, it'll be cool. All right, We'll gently coach you into it.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got a different time to eat, so you can eat alone if you want, right, Armstrong and Getty so didn mention this. Greg Guttfeld was on was first of all, Greg Gutfeld is a was he originally is? Did he come from a comedy background or a journalism background? Is he a comedian?
Speaker 1: I think comedy?
Speaker 3: Is he a comedians? He might know he started as a stand up or something. Anyway, He's been on Fox for a long time comment on stuff, and then they gave him his own show. When he runs it like late night talk shows if you've never seen it, and it's on Fox in it and for quite a while now has been getting bigger ratings than The Tonight Show or Kimmel or Colbert and Jimmy Fallon wisely had Gutfeld on the other night and had the highest ratings he had I think I heard in five years because surprisingly well, because Guttfeld promoted it on his show, so all the Fox people watch. Oh, I want to see how he does, you know, on the mainstream shows. And he did well. He was funny, but so huge ratings.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 4: And I'm not quibbling with your your verbiage because how to use the same words. But it's funny that the most popular show is not the quote unquote mainstream show. He literally has the main part of the stream.
Speaker 3: Good point. Anyway, my parents watch it every night and they love it. I don't watch any of them, so we just played the clips in the morning. But anyway, here's a joke from last night.
Speaker 7: The UFC will host the first ever White House Fight on July fourth.
Speaker 3: It's the first.
Speaker 7: Violent beatdown to take place at the White House since Hillary discovered the Blue Dress. Meanwhile, the Democrats also want to participate in so far, they've already suggested these bouts Jasmine Crockett versus a book, Jerry Nadler versus soap, Rashida Talib versus a razor, and JB. Pritzker versus a narrow hallway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, are they branding Rashida t lib As Harry.
Speaker 3: I Ah, I'm not comfortable with that one. But that was not me laughing, It was someone else in here. Yes, Katie, I'm comfortable with it. She has a mustache.
Speaker 4: Oh, a mustache, I see, or as they saying, some of my favorite old timy literature mustaches. Right all right, now, she's also an American hating America hating Marxist.
Speaker 1: Yes she has a mustache. Yes, thank you care.
Speaker 3: Perfect a perfect background for the joke. But those are some biting jokes. We all know. The biggest story probably in the world today is Putin and Trump meeting together. It could be a history making meeting. I think there's a decent chance nothing comes out of it.
Speaker 1: For now.
Speaker 3: Anyway. First of all, this CNN, and I wasn't listening to it. I was just watching it. Just did a retrospective of various US leaders meeting with Putin over the years, and God, I forgot what he looked like when he was younger. He's always had that pimp walk man like I am the biggest freaking deal in this room, and that smirk on his face like I could kill you, I could have sex with you. I could do both of those with you. I mean, that's it's just his personality. And sitting with every president Bush, Clinton, Obama, Biden and all of them, he does that whole leg spread open, leaning back in his chair. What do you got. I'm kind of paying attention, but I don't really have to. I mean, he's just, he's his personality is just. I mean, he puts it on so over the top display you can almost smell his cologne through the video.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, not an accident.
Speaker 3: And the embarrassing among the most embarrassing because George W. Bush saying I looked in him was eye, I saw his soul. He's a good person. I mean that is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh.
Speaker 3: But Hillary Clinton showing up there with the reset button, Oh my god, what is it with all these the Barack Obama administration where we're different people, we can handle the world differently, people react differently to us, and give him the Nobel Prize. I mean, it's just it's it's if I was Hillary Clinton, I'd be asking CEE and then is anyway he could not show that ever? Again, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: All right, never mind that the reset button was the wrong word, but it said, right, didn't even say reasons like I.
Speaker 3: Said vacuum cleaner in Russian or somebody.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: But this from the Washington Post today, and they've got the picture which i'll describe later, with the young Putin meeting with Angela Merkel, who's leader of Germany at the time. And Putin's got the legs spread open, leaning back, Aren't I cool thing going? German Chancellor Angela Merkel experienced the darker side of Putin's tactics in two thousand and seven when she met him in Sochi for a big one on one meeting that's the Black Sea resort city, and he brought his giant black Labrador retriever to the meeting. Merkel later said in her memoirs that she believed it was a deliberate tactic to intimidate her because he knew she was so afraid of dogs. And they've got the picture here and he's got this enormous black lab just walking around. They're sitting by the fireplace while she's sitting there looking frightened.
Speaker 1: Wow. How about wow? Wow?
Speaker 3: And she didn't have the courage, leverage whatever she thought to say, Hey, I don't really like dogs. Let's get this out of here before we talk.
Speaker 1: That's some mobs toss Yes it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that's like sending you a fish in the mail. I mean, that's right.
Speaker 4: It's as close to a threat as you can get without issuing a threat.
Speaker 3: But they go on to write in the Washington Post the fact that summit is taking place as a potential sign of Putin's own vulnerabilities. The only good news is that Putin does feel like he needs to respond in some way to the US President to avoid worse things happening, in terms of a return to full military assistance or partial assistance, or potential sanctions. Another sign of Putin's potential weakness are the Kremlins hurried preparations for the Alaska summit. Putin usually prepares himself immaculately. He reads a lot, gathers recommendations from experts. This time, the windows extremely short, and they do not have a plan. A Kremlin insider told the Washington Post. Right now there is a huge frantic effort going on inside the Kremlin. So at least that opinion piece the Washington Post, they're reading the fact that he's meeting at all, and in such a short timeframe as a sign of he needs this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how interesting. And from Putin's perspective, he's thinking, No, we don't have a plan, we don't know what to expect, but I want to go there personally. I will engage in the judo and see what comes out of it, will develop our plan from there. It's got to be kind of exciting for the pooter. I mean, it's like he's back at his KGB days. He is the agent, He's not the bureaucrat. He's the agent again. I don't know, as I said yesterday, and I have not changed my mind about this. If you gave me five different scenarios for how this plays out, or the five or so I've imagined, I will put him at twenty percent eighth.
Speaker 1: Just don't know.
Speaker 3: It's got to be something to sit down with somebody who has ordered the murders of his own people, Like I'm thinking of the way he bombed that Chechen apartment building to make it look like a terrorI stacked by so he could invade Chechnya. He killed his own people, and he's done that lots of times. Yeah, it's just got to be something to sit there with somebody like that.
Speaker 4: Well, something his closest cronies end up plunging out of windows if it's time for house cleaning.
Speaker 3: But most of us, when we're dealing with somebody, we believe they've got even if you don't trust them, you believe they've got some sort of moral limit, as opposed to sitting down with somebody who has zero moral limits.
Speaker 1: Zero right, right?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 3: That hold the picture of him with the dog in Angela Merkle is like the way he's it looks exactly like if you're gonna portray that in the Sopranos, the way he's sitting there.
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, And as we've said, I hope Trump is ready to deal with somebody who's a master manipulator, utterly immoral. I just why does Trump keep saying I think he wants peace? I don't know, I mean he doesn't. He only wants peace if it's peace because he's accomplished his goals.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's.
Speaker 4: Mildly inconvenient to his you know, the fiscal health of his government. And Russia does not have an limitless time horizon to accomplish what they want to accomplish.
Speaker 1: They do have problems, but it's.
Speaker 4: Counting on him to just want peace because oh my god, there's been enough killing.
Speaker 1: That's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So we got a breaking clip here. So Trump is on the plane flying from Washington, d C. To Anchorage. It's thirty four hundred miles and he just came out and said something to reporters on Air Force one. Here it is, thank you for coming.
Speaker 1: Back to take questions.
Speaker 9: We saw that Russia continued as violence into Ukraine last night, launching even more drones.
Speaker 1: What did you make of that?
Speaker 6: I think they're trying to negotiate. He's trying to set a stage. I mean, in his mind that helps him make a better deal. It actually hurts him, But in his mind that helps him make a better deal if they can continue the killing. Maybe it's a part of the world. Maybe it's just his fabricus, gens, his genetics, but he thinks that makes him gives him strength and negotiating. I think it hurts him, but I'll be talking to him about it discussion.
Speaker 3: This is so interesting. Has Trump finally reached the I understand who this guy is? Point? And like, you know, and and and and even if that's true, it's like, how did it take you so long. But I mean Trump is despite what they say on MSNBC in braces places, he's no dummy. He's not he's on a punk. I mean, he's a smart, ruthless businessman and he's certainly surely he can handle that sort of situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My only quibble with that is that I think any of us who've known a lot of different people, achievers and go getters and wheelers and dealers, is there some people who are very, very capable in certain areas, but they have blind spots. And there are times that I think Trump has blind spots.
Speaker 3: But you think he has a blind spot with negotiations he's been doing in his whole.
Speaker 4: Life with megalomaniac Russian would be is ours.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, God, he's probably had to deal with lots of megalomaniacs building casino, but they're.
Speaker 4: Motivated by completely different things. I think Trump has an oversimplified view of leverage.
Speaker 3: It's funny, I was thinking that yesterday. I thought this for a long time. A lot of business people I know are like this. There's only one thing that matters, profit or making more money. That's the only thing they can think about, and feelings or morality or all kinds of things go out the window. It's just what's going to make me the most money. And he can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Nationalism or philosophy.
Speaker 3: Or he can't imagine anything mattering more than making more money, and like wanting to institute Peter the Great's land mass, doesn't make sense exactly or even just rational goals from Trump's point of view, re establishing the Soviet Empire, why the hell would you want that?
Speaker 4: A lot of it is crappy. Yeah, you know you're already too far flung. Your treasury is bare. Why don't you just concentrate and make good deals and make more money. You're overexpanding. That's dumb.
Speaker 1: He just doesn't understand irrational motivations.
Speaker 4: Getting back to the clip about Putin continuing the attacks and stuff like that, again, I don't know. Sometimes Trump postures just to posture, and he knows what he's doing. But yes, Putin thinks that continuing the attacks makes him gives him a stronger position than in negotiating. Because you've made it clear over and over again, you want peace, you want the killing to stop.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: If you were to say, yeah, me too, how much would you have to give him to get the killing to stop very little, because you've both expressed the desire to and the killing. You've come to the table saying I want the killing to stop, and he's come to the table saying, you know what, I just killed more people today, And if you'll excuse me, yeah, right now, I just killed five hundred more people. You're gonna have to give up a hell of.
Speaker 1: A lot more at the table. I think he's going again. I don't Trump surely understands.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna have to say to Putin's face at some point that's bulls, You're full of crap, because Putin's gonna say something like these are military targets. They attacked us first, you know, all that sort of stuff, And Trump's come on, where's there Trump, where's our bleeped Trump clip?
Speaker 4: Michael, what's Trump gonna say to Putin? Two syllables? I wasn't kidding when I said this yesterday.
Speaker 3: I want him to treat Putin like he treated Rand Paul or Chris Christy or any of those people. You know, Carly Fiorina. Treat him like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got it.
Speaker 4: You you had the perfect coaching every time you look at Putin picture rosy O'donald's head on his neck. Mister president, that'll get you in the right fighting spirit.
Speaker 3: The exact he needs to say that to Putin's face. We got what's f what? What are your thoughts on it? Here's the text line four one five two nine five KFTC last weekend before school starts from my kids, they're in a panic.
Speaker 1: They're in a panic.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, oh boy, taking deep breaths like jumping in a cold pool. He'll get used to it pretty soon, but I remember that feeling. So I was tempted to end the hour with the discussion of Russia's finances. Read a really good detailed analysis. They are in financial trouble. I hope this war is enormously expensive and it can't last forever. But you know, we've talked about that a fair amountain it'll still be true on Monday, so maybe we'll get to it again then. So a couple of stories to bring to you very quickly. I found this very funny. Andrew Styles of the Free Beacon the Emerging Democratic Consensus for twenty twenty six, curse Moore, obey less, protect criminals and illegal immigrants at all, costs and evidently, yes, swearing is a big part of the strategy.
Speaker 1: We actually do we have that to Beto or rourk. Yeah that we had the Yeah we do.
Speaker 3: We had it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think we did today again. I'm sorry. We should have got eleven play eleven.
Speaker 9: We are in a basketball game right now, if you'll excuse the metaphor, where the refs have left the arena and the other side is he clobbering us. He's plunging us in the face, kicking us in the nuts.
Speaker 4: And he mentioned that the Dems need to fight harder in defense of the illegal immigrant community. That quote makes this country so g D great.
Speaker 3: It's interesting. I wonder whose decision that was that we need to curse more to show that we're fighting.
Speaker 4: Representative Jasmine Crockett, the potty mouthed diva who's a rising star thanks for republic Transom tantrums and phony accent, being a boarding school grad, but sounds ghetto when it's convenient. She's argued that illegal immigrant is not a crime, called Donald Trump a piece of ass, etc.
Speaker 3: Good luck with that.
Speaker 4: The Hill urged Democratic leaders to follow her lead. Crockett is the base. She is the movement. Whether you like her delivery or not, She's speaking a language people understand, and that's what exactly what this party needs.
Speaker 3: If she is the base of the Democratic Party, they ain't gonna win an national elections for a long time.
Speaker 1: All right, how about this strategy instead.
Speaker 4: The Loudun County virgin It's a DC suburb, Loudun County, Fairfax County, woke America. They voted tuesday to keep their transgender policies, even after the Education Department warned the district that and four others they could face legal punishment lose federal funding for violating Title nine, the federal law that bands sex discrimination. Boys can keep going into the girls' locker rooms and watch them change.
Speaker 1: Boys can keep.
Speaker 4: Whipping up on girls on the sports fields as long as they say I'm a girl today in Loudun County. I wish you well, see you in court. I'm actually glad they're doing this. Why not let's have it out yep And final story, complete change of topic. This is about AI in entertainment, specifically animation. There are systems already being used by the studios that are improving like week by week that will reduce the time taken to render a sophisticated animation picture toy story to animate a scene will go from weeks two minutes, wow, two seconds. We can provide tools for animators to animate a character in ten seconds instead of a week. There's no turning back, says the founder.
Speaker 3: Well, that's interesting. I have things to say, but we're out of time. We're out of time for the week. For a lot of you, we do four hours every day. If you miss a segment of an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 5: Subscribe Armstrong and Getty