Speaker 1: On the Bechdel Cast, the questions asked if movies have women and them, are all their discussions just boyfriends and husbands, or do they have individualism the patriarchy? Zeffi fast start changing with the Bechdel Cast.
Speaker 2: Hello Bechdel Cast.
Speaker 3: Listeners, It's summer time. My name's Jamie Lovetes.
Speaker 2: My name is Caitlin Drante. This is the Bechdel Cast. And normally this is a show where we examine movies through an intersectional feminist lens, using the Bechdel Test as a jumping off point. But today we're taking the.
Speaker 3: Week the day off truly. Okay, So just so you know, we ordinarily, in our contract, are supposed to release fifty episodes on the main feed a year. We ordinarily release fifty one and only take the last week of the year off. This year we said, you know what, you know what, we are actually going to take the second week off, and we're going to do it about six months before it's reasonable. But yeah, we also know that if a week goes by and there is not something on the feed, oh, people get feral. They don't know. They think we're.
Speaker 2: Hurt riots in the streets.
Speaker 3: They really, But I as a podcast listener, if the feed doesn't update, I'm either like my phone is broken or my parasocial friend is in danger. So we just wanted to let you know that you know, we're fine. We're just taking the week off.
Speaker 2: Summer vacation, baby.
Speaker 3: So enjoy your week. Enjoy the many back episodes of the Bechdel Cast. Also, if you're really a hankering for some content and you're not already on our Patreon aka maatreon Fun Week, to sign up patreon dot com slash beczels Cast five bucks a month. You get two bonus episodes a month and a back catalog of nearly one hundred and fifty episodes.
Speaker 2: Wowie Wow. Also fun announcement a chance to see us live for listeners who live in or near LA. The Bechdel Cast is participating in American Cinema Tech's Friend of the Fest Podcast festival this year, where we will be presenting the new four K restoration of Thelma and Louise. So it's a screening of the movie presented by the Bechdel Cast, so we'll be there to introduce the film. The screening is on Friday, August twenty fifth at seven thirty PM at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica, and more info about attending this screening of Thelma and Louise can be found on American Cinema tech dot com or by going to our link tree link tree Slash. Bechdel Cast will also post details about it on our social media and we hope to see you there.
Speaker 3: The last thing that you wanted to share in the meantime, because we have talked about it in passing on recent episodes, but we just wanted to say explicitly and wanted to acknowledge the ongoing strikes with the Screen Actors Guild and the Writers Guild of America. We obviously are very pro labor and without the actors and writers being given a fair deal, we will never be able to make movies that are enjoyable and we can't talk about them if if people behind the scenes are not being treated equitably. So if you have been having trouble keeping up with the news on those strikes, I don't blame you. It's really confusing. So we're going to link an update on what's happening, what the implications as those strikes are. We also did a Patreon episode about the Writer's strikes specifically, and we'll link the entertainment. Can you to defund if you have some money to contribute, It goes directly to workers impacted by those strikes.
Speaker 2: Indeed, it's a hell of a summer, folks. Tell me about it. So and enjoy the week off, everybody. I know. I will done, done.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Let's go girls. Yes, we will be back next week with your regularly scheduled programming. It's August, so be on the lookout for a little birthday episode coming up for a one Jamie loftus.
Speaker 3: Her My dad's the guest. It's the opposite of let's go girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cannot wait, and we'll be back soon. See you next week. Bye bye,