Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Guys, were official, We've got a sign on the back of the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's official. It only took like how many years have I been doing this podcast?
Speaker 4: I'm like, so would take a lifetime.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just wanted to be I just wanted to look official. It's like I walk in and I just like stare it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, cool, It's like.
Speaker 6: It looks like a talk show set now right.
Speaker 2: That'd be like a dream. I want to have my own talk show one day.
Speaker 6: Well, manifested, I just did. Okay, there it is, Mark.
Speaker 3: How are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm great?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: How am I today?
Speaker 7: I'm like, that's what I've been wondering. I've been trying to figure that out for the last five minutes since I've been here. Yeah, Catherine goes, would you say to me you okay?
Speaker 4: I think I'm yeah, and I'm like, you look stressed. Oh yeah, no, I'm stressed.
Speaker 2: I'm a little stressed because I did something that I shouldn't have done.
Speaker 7: I knew there was something.
Speaker 3: No, it's the school thing.
Speaker 4: Oh that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mind went elsewhere too.
Speaker 3: But okay, what did you guys think I did.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I can say and what I can't say, but there's a whole bunch of stuff. And then media again this morning, and there is.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you're you're lying, Mark. I don't look at these things. I told you, I don't.
Speaker 5: I just there's a picture and I noticed the picture and had a reaction to the picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh I think I saw that.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that. Nope, came out fifty ten minutes ago.
Speaker 4: I did not see that.
Speaker 3: Wow, well oh that yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, we're here now.
Speaker 2: I just got really sweaty. Now I want to puke yet even either, but you know, it's really messed up. As my ex was there the same night and the photographer tried to get a picture with all three of us, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Nice try and everyone kind of started laughing, but I was like, not happening, No no, no, yeah, no, I mean yes, obviously we were at the same place, and when the photographer came, I just was like, and then we were all just took a photo, but going to be there. I had a feeling and yeah, that was I will I will say that was a really that that was really hard to see him there, but seeing him like flirt with other girls and I mean granted I was there as well, you know, do nothing, but I it.
Speaker 3: Was that was really it was really it was hard. It was it was really you know what it was hard. It was like it was it looks so easy for him. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: M h makes sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where it's like he didn't look like a bothered him one second, and that like hurt, you know, because I was like.
Speaker 3: What's he's just untamed and on caged and he's happy.
Speaker 5: I know when you're there. It's weird to be untamed and on cage and knowing you're there. That seems I don't know, that seems weird to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I don't know. I think he's just trying to cover it up and not show it.
Speaker 3: I don't see. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, you know, unfortunately there was boundaries around certain things and that he held a lot of resentment against me. But I'm like, well, when things happened repeatedly at certain places, it's very hard for me to trust when you go out and do those things. So I can totally see him being like finally I get to like go out and drink and be at a bar and like same.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, so I like enjoying his best life for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and so that was you know, and then again just like seeing him like with other women, I'm like, is that going to.
Speaker 3: Be the future? You know, one with my kids? Like that's where I go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean just to see like him be so like happy and not bothered by it at all. I mean we had actually we talked. I was like, this is awkward, and he's like.
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, okay, Like I'm glad that he was like fine with it. But at the same time, I was like I talked to my therapist about it. I was like, just a little piece of me was kind of like it would have been nice to be like, yeah, this this is this is hard, but I'm glad we can be cordial. That's just like acknowledgement that like it might hurt a little bit.
Speaker 5: I don't know, yo, could he be really trying to go overboard to make it seem like he is fine because he's hurting and he doesn't want to show anybody that, so he just wants to be like show just act, just act like everything is totally fine because I'm fine. I want everyone to know I'm fine.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I could see doing that if it were.
Speaker 5: Me, Like I need to let her know that I'm fine and nothing about this bothers me.
Speaker 2: And I get that, like I mean, and I'm I'm It was so strange.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 2: I was talking to my therapists about it the other day. I was like, I just what kept coming to my mind was how did I get here? How is my ex husband across the room and like this and like seeing I'm like how did I get here? Like this was like that. It wasn't that I wanted to be next to him. It's not that I wanted it's not even that I still have feelings like none of those things are that because I don't want to be back in that relationship that was a bad, toxic relationship, but just to like what I thought it was and the memories and like all it's like I'm like.
Speaker 3: How is this? Like how did I get here? And so I was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was very it was very strange. But I mean, and again, like it's not that I want him to be depressed. I don't want them to be depressed.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't either, like, but it just would have been I don't know. I guess I just wanted that, like, and it was great that he was cordial and like, you know, everyone had a conversation and everyone was cordial and everyone was really nice and he was nice, and like everything was great, but it just would have been nice to not nice. But I don't know, just that like, yeah, this is acknowledgment that this is, this is a little this is this kind of that doesn't suck. It's just like this is this is awkward, but like for him to be like, no.
Speaker 4: It's great. Everything's like this is amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, or maybe he's just really happy not to be with me anymore. I think there's a piece where even like you know, he had said when we're married, like he just wants to be able to do what he wants to do, and unfortunately he doesn't, like never liked boundaries, and then when you cheat on someone repeatedly, you're gonna have boundaries even more than what a normal typical marriage of boundaries would look like. And he's just never liked boundaries ever. So it's like it was like, you know, I think he said this too. He's like, there was no way it was ever going to work because he just can't have those he can't be one down, he can't have those restrictions.
Speaker 7: Well then maybe he is happy and maybe he just needs to live that life of going out and never you know, good luck to the next girl having to deal with that, though.
Speaker 2: Well she won't have the trust issues, you know, like because he won't cheat on them. Hopefully don't look at me. But anyways, Wow, I did not see that that.
Speaker 4: Was the school thing.
Speaker 3: You were going to tell us was the school thing? Yeah, yeah, I started.
Speaker 2: So, Okay, this is kind of like what Chelsea Handler said the other day, where you fire off a little too fast. And I know that I do this and I'm working on not doing this, but in this situation when it's around my kids, I.
Speaker 3: Fire off way too fast.
Speaker 2: So I go into so jasonly goes two half days and I even take him out. I pay for the full day, but he I take him out of the half day or like, I take him out in the middle of the day because he still naps really good at home. So I'm like, I just don't want to like mess that up, so and I kind of wasn't. Now they're for sure not going to be back if they listen to my podcast, but I won't say that.
Speaker 4: I won't say the school teachers.
Speaker 2: Right, So I was kind of like not loving the one teacher. It's just I just didn't get a good vibe. Didn't call miss missus McGillicutty sounds like great, Yeah, where did you come on?
Speaker 3: Where did you pull? Missus? Missus l This is McGillicutty.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Missus McGillicutty, just I just don't really like her, Like she just kind of like gave me like a weird vibe. But I will say I'm very highly sensitive to Jase right now because he is he's having a really tough time with transitions with the divorce. Like he on on transition days, he's he struggles really bad. He's he's super clingy, but he also is like very angry, and he's just he's mad, he's sad, he's like all the things like he just it's it's really sad to see. And so I'm just like overly sensitive about him and him being taken care of when when he's not with me. So missus McGillicutty when when I met her, I was just kind of like, but he needs to be somewhere. That's something too, because like when he's with me, like he's so clinging, and I'm like, I need at least two days where I can do some some work because he just won't let me do anything without him, like basically on me like two half days, so from nine to twelve. So I go there and he is soiled in his pea and I was like, did you go to the bath? Like he clearly went to the bathroom. I'm like, when did this happen? And she goes a little while ago, and I'm like, a little while ago, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: She's like, well, we were.
Speaker 2: Outside and then we came in and then and I was like, right, but all the kids are now like getting in their nap time position. You could have clearly changed him a little while ago. Like if it was like five minutes, I'd have been like, oh, okay, like you know, maybe ten a little while ago, Like what is a little while too. A little while is.
Speaker 7: Like twenty to thirty minutes to me, I don't know specifically, but knowing that they were outside, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the kids were sleep, they were in their cots. Jason was waiting for me. Yeah, yeah, no, so that means that he's too long. That means that he was outside and then he sat and ate his lunch, thank you lunch.
Speaker 7: But didn't bring them bring him in for some reason because of numbers, because they have to have a certain amount.
Speaker 4: Of kids with teachers or whatever. But the fact that they sat through lunch.
Speaker 2: So they go outside lunch down for now, so I wouldn't. So they're like, well, we can change him now, and she goes to like touch him. I was like, do not touch my son. And then I just grabbed him and I was just like, we are not coming back. So then because I'm like it's my son, he soiled in his own piss, Like no, So I go to the front office. I was like, I did not like miss mcgilly called it whatever mcgilly cutty, I don't like her now and a little while ago is unacceptable like not happening. So I was like, we're not coming back. Well now I have had nowhere to take him. I've called every freaking preschool. We are like I'm in like the waitless for like the sixth seventh kid and I'm like, I need help, Like we're like the craziest we've ever been. I've got auditions, I've got like I mean, there's so much going on a single mom in it like losing my mind, and I'm like, I need these two days for like sanity and to get stuff done. And so I've called a bunch of places. I've emailed a bunch of places and they're like, well, you're like tenth in line. So I email them. I email the Old school and I was like, tail between my legs. I was like, I was like, I apologize for my reaction and can I come back please?
Speaker 5: Did you acknowledge your tail between your legs?
Speaker 6: Because that's funny if you did that.
Speaker 3: No, like, no joke. I can read you the email. Yeah, I was like that. I mean I know imas pulled up for you right now.
Speaker 2: They tell if you're to come back, I mean you have to be like, look, I was a little bit of an outrageous bitch, but at the same time like, but they have to also, it's not accept I would like to talk to the teacher.
Speaker 3: So this would happened.
Speaker 2: Literally subject line Jace tail between legs do dot that I need him out?
Speaker 3: Of his house. Hal, could he just come back.
Speaker 2: Until he can move to a different class, until afferent class? So because I want him in the next class, like the goal is to get him to the next class. Like for the other teacher. Sure, apparently you guys don't like.
Speaker 4: No, I don't have an issue with her. She's just not as warm. I think she teaches. She's good for what she's good for. She teaches them independents.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I'm stressed out. So but they have not emailed me back yet because the're probably like truck for you. So this is where I haven't responded. Usually they always respond to me the best part. So I told my therapist, I was like, I gotta work on my actions a little bit. I think I just needed to. I should have just taken a breath and said, don't touch my son, and then I'm gonna not say to quit leave, And then what I should have done then was just said I would like to have a conversation so this doesn't happen in the future. But instead I've now screwed myself and I am and.
Speaker 7: Now that's going to be the teacher warm that you have to see every day.
Speaker 3: They are, Yeah, they are.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 6: This is a lesson.
Speaker 5: This is a good lesson learned.
Speaker 7: Don't Chelsea teach us anything the other day. Look when it's my kids, I know, I get it.
Speaker 4: I did the same thing. I get it.
Speaker 2: Look if it was, like I get it, you soiled in your pa like Hope with Catherine, put it depend on.
Speaker 4: I get it. Kids.
Speaker 7: It's unacceptable. I mean, I'm not gonna defend. I mean it's unacceptable.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: A little while is unacceptable.
Speaker 7: I mean, honestly, if they have an accident, you have to as soon as possible. You can even get a floater to come in and do something.
Speaker 4: Keep as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: It needs to be changed.
Speaker 5: Do you ever rash or anything?
Speaker 2: I was so flustered, I didn't even know. I just like coddled them like a little baby, which.
Speaker 7: Like you bothered old thing.
Speaker 3: Mama loves you.
Speaker 2: I will never bring you back to you because he's my son and I'm obsessed with him and I love him.
Speaker 4: But I agree with you.
Speaker 7: He has to be out of the house because you have help here in the house.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Like I needed to do something earlier today and like I have someone helping, and she's amazing and I love her so much. But the problem is is like he hears me. So he comes in the room and I'm trying to do this thing for and for you know, content stuff, and I'm just like and then I feel bad. So I'm like, okay, buddy, like come here. But then it stresses me out. So then when you know, and then she comes and she's like, and I got the podcast and I want to get you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: Pumped up for the guests we have today.
Speaker 2: So it's just i mean, look, it's all champagne problems, but it's also and now Mark, there's a People magazine thing on me. Now I'm just like all freaking faster. I don't even know what to do right now. Can you imagine though, of us three got in a photo, what were they thinking thinking? Well, guess what. I was like, ain't gonna but they were like all gone for it. I was like, I was like, do you know that you're about to take a.
Speaker 3: Photo with Like what are you? What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Got a chance?
Speaker 3: Holy balls?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm super pumped because we have Mike Vogel coming on the show and he's from Sex Life, and I just wow, there's just a lot to talk to him about. So let's take a break and then get him on.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: I just have to tell.
Speaker 2: You that I I first fell in love with you as Johnny, Like Johnny, come on, you see help I have Okay, Johnny like he's like remember when she was like Octavia Spencer, she was so scared because like the husband's coming home and then she like drops her groceries, but like Johnny like helps pick up the groceries, like Johnny's amazing.
Speaker 5: Member.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was. I was the one, the one person that didn't get to play a racist. It was fantastic in that movie. What a beautiful, beautiful cast of characters, beautiful message. To be a part of that was really neat.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I know, I mean like you crushed it and you're just like yeah, I was like I want I like find me a Johnny like I wanted Johnny like just like a nice.
Speaker 6: That was doing that was that was the was Uh. We filmed that in Greenwood, Misissippi, and that I always loved the style. But that was sort of as a kid from Philadelphia, it's you know, you're you're Yankee eyzed. But but I but I got to Mississippi, and I'm like, all right, this, I need this in my life. And uh and so a couple of years later we moved moved to Nashville here, so it was great.
Speaker 2: How do you like Nashville? So were you living in LA? Like, did you did you go Philly to La, La to Nashville.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Philly to LA for twelve years and then here in Nashville for eight So I can say I was here before the mass exodus of of LA people to to Nashville.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll I'll let you have that one, because I was kind of saying, like I did, I was Detroit to LA for about twelve years and then came here about what five years.
Speaker 3: Ago, six years ago? So I feel like we can.
Speaker 2: We can say that like everyone in the last two years can just like suck it.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, we're og It's it's uh, it's interesting. It's an interesting question. Do I like Do I like Nashville post exodus or or pre exodus? It's a tough one. It's it will always be an infinitely better town than Los Angeles. And I love Nashville and I certainly love Franklin but there are flavors of Los Angeles still, you know, now creeping in. Uh and I just keep saying, well, I'm going to have to move further out. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, that's like.
Speaker 2: It's kinda be hard for you because Catherine's and she's a you were born and raised here, so it's like you probably hate all these other people.
Speaker 7: I am a unicorn, but yeah, I know it's kind of terrible.
Speaker 4: It is changed.
Speaker 2: What makes it like is what makes it bad? For like these are like us coming in here.
Speaker 6: A lot. Let me count the ways, right, well, let.
Speaker 1: Me start with how much a I'm just gonna I mean, I mean it's been nice that there's like yeah yeah, nicer restaurants and stuff like that, Like I'll take that, and just the traffic and the growth, and then.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just people, it's their energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So how many kids?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 6: Ages twelve? And my son turned eight on Friday? So yeah, yeah, I'm old dad. Now that's crazy to me. My gen Z daughter frequently reminds me of how out of touch I am. Dad. Listen to ski Mask the slump God. I'm sorry, what's his name? Slump God? Okay, is that yeah, so, but it's yeah, it's it's fun. And I love, love, love my kids. They're awesome and and Nashville has provided them an awesome I'm staring at our horse out of the back pasture and it's just provided a wonderful, wonderful upbringing for the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean I've got two and I remember at the time when I was married, we were like, we got to get out of La Like this is just I want my daughter to be able to ride her bike to her friend's house and like not get you know, trip over, like yes whatever. So yeah, right, there's a lot of things we could trip over, but yeah, I can.
Speaker 6: Make a trip over out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I have to. So I I heard all about sex life and then I was like, all right, I'm going to finally do it.
Speaker 6: And I watched it.
Speaker 3: I jumped in.
Speaker 2: But the funniest part was is because I'm a I'm a newly divorcee and I'm sitting there and I'm like I pour my like glass of wine and sitting on the couch, I'm folding laundry. And the episode, the first episode is like you know this, like Mom, She's just like and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I feel so sick, just like I was just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: But then what the crazy thing is is like when I'm watching it, but I'm like, you know, I'm like, you're a great husband in it too. So it's like just watching like the whole parallels of everything. It's so interesting. But when you read the script, and especially with that first like pilot episode where you kind of like, oh, wow, like I do this to my wife, like I need to like kind of show her more and attention in a way like that, you don't realize that you're not doing it until you're kind of set in that role.
Speaker 6: You're you're It's what I love about the show is the the yeah, I've been married for eighteen years, and it's you don't realize the ways that you get complacent and then you get lazy and you The beauty of any long term relationship is that you develop a shorthand with one another, and that's the ease of knowing someone that well is awesome and it's what you're there for. At the same time, you develop an ease and a shorthand that doesn't allow one or the other or both to express maybe certain things that they're feeling in certain ways that their needs are being unmet, or that they're not feeling seen, that they're not feeling hurt, and you don't realize the way that that can that that can were up over a long haul in a marriage and it comes out maybe as you know, as as Sarah's character in the in the show is I just I need to have fun again. I need to have But the root of that may lie somewhere in in this thing that in that relationship where Cooper, where her husband has not has not seen and validated certain things in her that she and it may be things about herself she doesn't even know that she needs to feel validated about until all of a sudden it's like boom, there it is. This is a problem. Now, this is a thing. So I think that has struck a chord with a lot of people. You know, the show certainly leans heavily on the physicality. But I think, like I think it's it's so funny, I said throughout a lot of the press, the show's misleading. You know, we live in a we live in a world where you can add access pornography and someone's perfect life instantaneously, and you can get whatever payoff you want. But the real hard work of any relationship is doing the work learning you know, love making is a language all to itself, and learning how to keep that fresh and interesting over the long haul of something. There's a challenge, and that's a person's hand I want to shake at the end of all that. And so, you know, you put a bunch of halfway decent people to look at on screen, and that becomes like a distraction. But I think it's a distraction from the deeper things that are happening, you know, which, as you've said, you know, you kind of clue in on. I think it's resonated because especially heading through the pandemic and lockdown like we just have, a lot of people have been forced to stay home, stare at each other in the face and say, were you again we get here? And did we ever have this figured out? And some people have said, well, it's time to figure it out, and other people have said, nah, forget it. It's easy to do this somewhere else, and people will take from it what they want. You know, I got so many messages from people who said, my husband and I sat down and had our first hard conversation in years and we're excited for where that where this is going to go, And other people said, I can't have that conversation, you know. So it's just interesting how it kind of impacts different people different ways.
Speaker 2: Did you have a conversation or something like, oh, hey, I've noticed like through this, like with with your relationship with your wife, that like where you've noticed where you've become complacent in certain areas.
Speaker 6: Oh, one hundred percent, one hundred percent. You know again, you have you have a certain way of being and I think, as guys, and I can only speak for guys, we have the mentality of wanting to be celebrated and wanting to be seen and known is not as big a deal for us, and so we project that, I think a lot of times into our relationships, and it's a constant reminder. I had someone in college tell me he said, fellas, how many of you who are married? Which I wasn't on of course, but he said, how many of you that are married are still dating your wives? Everyone started to laugh. He said, no, no, no, I'm dead serious. How many of you are still dating your wives because of the minute you stop your relationships over And I think we run through that process early on of dating and making the commitment, and then we forget that that's an ongoing thing that then has to continue to evolve and develop as the relationship goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean in eighteen you said eighteen years you've been married, And.
Speaker 3: How long have you been married?
Speaker 4: Fourteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's just like a long time because you're changing and you're growing and you're you know, it's just like to have that. You got to have that like awesome communication because if not, I mean, you're like you said, like during the pandemic, you're like, wait, huh, who who are you?
Speaker 3: Like I don't even know who you are?
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of you know, first of all, congrats you're incredible in the like in the role and I love the first season. Were you a little like nervous telling your wife about it? Like, I know, you're an actual You've done a bunch of stuff, you've been you know, but I mean this is like a totally different level of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's hard. It's hard, and we had a lot of she you know, she read the scripts along with me, and and it's hard. It continues to be hard. It's not it's it takes a special special person to be the spouse of someone in this industry. And it's the same with a lot of industries. I've said, you know, I've often compared it, while I'm in no way comparing myself to a first responder or a soldier or someone like that, But it takes a certain a certain strength of a spouse to be married to someone who when they leave and walk out that front door in the morning, or when they go on deployment, you don't know if they're coming back. And there's plenty of people who would look at that and say, yeah, that's not a that's not a life that I think I can I can stomach. That's not a life that I think I can that I can sign up for. And the tough part about this business is it's why I think you see so many relational issues is over the long haul of a career, there's there's so many different ways that that things can go sideways. If you're not being diligent and being on top of your your relationship, it's easy for things to get away from you. And she is fortunately an unbelievable, unbelievable woman. She's certainly certainly the better of these two ads.
Speaker 7: So speaking of telling your wife, what about telling your kids, Like, how do you have that conversation with because I'm scared to watch it because I'm afraid my twelve year old son is going to go on my Netflix and see that I'm watching sex Life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a good question.
Speaker 4: I have watched it. Take it off the Netflix.
Speaker 6: It certainly is a difficult and it's a subject that we had to broach that we knew we knew heading into this, but I think kind of where we sided ish, there's still fourteen year old is coming into a place where it's it's hard hiding certain things from her, but also wanting for me being and I think for my wife as well, being involved in a show where it's done through the female gaze for the first time, you know ever, you know, normally these things are done through the male gaze and giving voice to female desire and uh, you know, the issues within a woman of wanting wanting to be seen and known and realized, and wanting that from my daughters someday for their relationships and knowing that that the world will will heep on its own stuff on them and and and hopefully to be involved in something again. And this is. If I have one reservation to the show, it's it's that that it becomes about the physicality when you know. What's misleading about it to me is so much people.
Speaker 2: Are looking at it like, oh my god, it's a soft porn. It's like, no, it's actually like this wife is like, you know right, So yeah.
Speaker 6: It's also this place of we show. Someone had said to me in the process of the press. They were like, dude, what does it feel like playing the dope, playing the you know, playing the guy? They can't figure it out? I said, I'm sorry, I said, I don't. I don't quite see it that way. In fact, I see him as all of our experiences, I said, because the mind blowing sex that she's having. As I sit here and say it quietly, I'm staring at my daughter on the back porch, that answers my question. You know, the mind blowing sex that she's having with her ex boyfriend. Any of us that have been in relationship for any amount of time, Yeah, that's there sometimes, and that probably was there a lot in the beginning. Maybe maybe it wasn't, But like anything, it takes work, and if you think it's going to stay like that all the time you're sadly misguided and it becomes about the very deeper things. And so so I said to her, I said, I actually quite like Cooper's fumbling and stumbling and getting squirted in the face with breast milk, because I think all of that is real having lived those moments and in fact, between between a husband and wife, between two spouses, those are the things that deep in love because there are moments that anyone can go out and have a romp and have have a wild night, but it's those intimate, awkward moments that only two people like that could share that actually for me get logged logged away in the in the vault of that's pretty stick and cool to share something that awkward and that intimate with someone that deepens love.
Speaker 2: So sure, yeah, no, I agree with you, and especially like where you want the show to be known for. And I respect that a lot. And I think like even circling back on like you know, the with the wife, like with your wife is you know, we were having a conversation just the other night about how you know, talking to people and it's like, hey, so like in my roles, like I'm going to have to kiss people and like are you comfortable with that? And trying to explain to someone that doesn't understand that world can be hard because I'm like, it's so, it's not really like you're you have to have certain boundaries when you're on set and offset, and but like onset, it's like not like after I made out with the person, it's like, hey.
Speaker 3: What are you having for lunch?
Speaker 2: Like do you want to get the oysters or do you want to get the like calamar Like it's like, yeah, it's really not. It's only when you step outside of the boundaries of going in the trailer or you know, reading out or just like and having those conversations or talking too much about your problems in your marriage or whatever, like, that's going to start blurring the lines. So I think as long as you can have the healthy boundaries, it's it's it can work, you know, obviously it can.
Speaker 6: And it's it's also like it's hard to describe to someone this is like a handshake, yeah, you know. And what's what's more interesting is the most intimate thing that we do on a set is a stage. Just that's because everything we're doing in this show is camera angles and uh, all of that stuff. It's far less intimate than a stage case. That's the one thing that we do that is that any actor does that is probably the most the most similar to real life and not. And I think you've got to set up you have to police yourself when you have to set those boundaries if you plan on having any sort of any sort of long lasting relationship. Yeah, where you're where you're honoring, where you're honoring the other.
Speaker 3: Person, for sure. Okay, moving on to collection.
Speaker 2: So it's available now theaters that you on demand, all digital platforms.
Speaker 3: You play a debt collector.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, tell me.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the collection. Give me, give me because I want to. I want to watch it, but I need to know. Tell me, tell me what it is, what's about.
Speaker 6: So it's it's a look into it's a look into the high stakes world of debt collection. We've all gotten those annoying phone calls. I still get them now in my forties of hey, your college debt is outstanding. No it's not. No it's not. But you see the angle and as I as I found out, the world is far seedier and far more menacing than I realized. As you get into the higher, the higher dollar targets, but it centers around Alex Petipher and I started this debt collection business. And what I loved about the film is Alex. I was like, you get to be there and be pretty and beautiful and be the love interest and I don't have to deal with that for once, and I just love it. I can be a complete jerk and I can be brash and uh and not have to There's a relief in not having to service the love story at the same time. So he had a lot of the heavy lifting. But our the high value target that we kind of go after turns out to be a woman that he falls head over heels for, and it just complicates the line of priorities between he and I and her and how that all breaks down here.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, make sure to watch sex Life and Collection and follow along with Mike Bogel because he is awesome. And yeah, thank you so much for coming on Wine Down, appreciate you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh he's so sweet.
Speaker 4: He is he's so cute.
Speaker 3: He's so cute. He's so cute, He's adorable.
Speaker 2: Can I reminds me of Ryan, Like just there's like good guys like married for like eight very much.
Speaker 3: Ryan's been married for what nineteen years? My old cool star.
Speaker 2: It's like they're good guys, great guys, good guys out there.
Speaker 3: They're just all married.
Speaker 4: True, they've only married for the those twenty years.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like they're good actors. I mean, I know I love that. Do you think you could ever marry an actor?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Could you?
Speaker 3: If Nick was like?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it's different because I think it's it's hard for people that weren't than want to. It's like whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. But I don't know, could you be okay watching Nick make out with someone?
Speaker 4: Probably not?
Speaker 2: No, probably not, but like you see me do it and you know it's not anything No.
Speaker 4: But yeah, probably not. M I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 7: I mean Nick has always said that, like he would never want to go on the road, like as a musician, you know, we're so used to music business. He's like, there's no way, Like women are throwing themselves like I would just never put myself in that position.
Speaker 2: H yeah, I mean I mean the boundaries is a tough thing. Yeah, I mean that's not being hones set.
Speaker 4: You'd like to think that you would be good at that.
Speaker 7: But you know, I don't know. And I think that even the people that are just like special people, the spouse that just you know, takes a certain person to do that. I still do not believe there's not a level of jealousy at times. I think they still get jealous sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well, for one, well, I was never jealous of any of like the actor guys I dated that had like makeup scenes.
Speaker 3: Which is so weird, right.
Speaker 7: I don't mean if you're both actors, oh okay, I mean if one is not and one is, so you might be married for twenty years and you may be the wife to an actor who's and you are that special person and you're still married, you handle it. I still think they get jealous. I mean, how could they not exactly. I think that they're lying if they say they never get jealous.
Speaker 2: I mean, we even talk to my co star because it's like people, I never met my co star's wife, but a lot of people were like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you and Ryan you're so cute together.
Speaker 2: And you know, I ended up having talking to his wife because I'm like, you know, people are a very invested in my love life.
Speaker 3: But also, you know.
Speaker 2: Ryan and I did have. We do have a really great connection and like you know, we're being fun and posting for lifetime and on the socials, and I think that that would be hard for anyone, which is why I talked to you know, his wife to be like, hey, like I can only imagine, like that's really hard.
Speaker 3: And people are like, oh, you should.
Speaker 2: Date him, and I'm like, you know, he's married, like and so that's like and she's very secure, Like they're very secure, like they've got great boundaries all of that, but it's still like, I bet there a little peace. Well yeah, she's like there's a little piece where it's just kind of like hey, like you know, married for like nineteen something years, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so just making sure you know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she's great about it. No, she's amazing.
Speaker 2: And if you guys live in La Plate Therapy is their company and they do great like food delivery stuff.
Speaker 3: So but yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's just a no matter what I think, it's, it would be hard for anybody.
Speaker 3: Mine is. I think actor on actor is a little bit different.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I just think that you know the world more, but like but at the same time, you know the world more so it would be a.
Speaker 2: Little like I see, I like boundaries. I like when people give me boundaries, and I like to get boundaries like a child.
Speaker 3: I like a child.
Speaker 2: I like to be told basically what I can't and can do.
Speaker 4: They were going to see what.
Speaker 5: The problem is. We have polar opposite situations here, right, she likes me.
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 6: I don't like boundaries.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's all we got. Glad I spent thousands of dollars in therapy for that one.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: All right, talk to you all next week. Go have some sex.