Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Camra je Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod.
Speaker 3: Should we not say our names?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: With the twats? Can we just say the twats?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 3: Do we have Ellen k introducing us?
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess she does it better.
Speaker 3: I think going forward we should just change that intro.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another podcast with a bunch of assholes.
Speaker 3: So well that works for me asshole one and asshole two?
Speaker 2: But am I one or two?
Speaker 3: Do you take your pick? Does it matter? Okay, you could be the lead asshole. I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Thanks, Thanks, welcome.
Speaker 3: I think I think ever, I.
Speaker 2: Think we ebb and flow perfectly on who's the bigger asshole?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? So this was from the podcast that I did with Lisa Milan. You were out of town or filming or god knows what, and so I asked her the question that you and I always ask each other and laugh at, but do you think there's anyone on your current cast that don't know your kids' names? And she responds Lisa responded to me, you know I would have to say maybe Stanbury doesn't know my kids' names. But I did make an agreement with her that well, kids are off limits, and I will not bring up her mothering skills and her lack thereof and all of that. This is what Lisa said about Stanbury on the pod. And then during her interview, Stanbury said she has to laugh at Lisa calling her a bad mom when Lisa has kids five and six will follow her around dressed up like the von Trapp family. So then the tweets started coming in, and that's because of our family is please it's the sound of music.
Speaker 3: The hell I don't know that?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Well, so I didn't realize at first that these tweets stemmed from our interview with Stanbury, But now I know. I didn't know, but now I do so well. First, Lisa Milon wrote Von Trapping and Gucci Javon sheat findy happy to send your kids to hand me downs because you don't even buy them clothes. See Stanbury mention my kids again, and I will ruin you Carolyn Brooks. Then right, she said, around and find out Carolyn Stanbury, Nah, no smoke. Remember we all know your secrets before your boosting season. Keep it cute, so we can all keep it light hearted, shade going. Once you go low, don't cry when others go to hell.
Speaker 3: First thing, First of all, I don't even know what she's saying. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: But also what Caroline said about Lisa's kids, I don't think we're bad. What's bad? All little kids will dress up and do what you want as they get older, and maybe because they don't do that anymore, I don't think she was. I think she just met like Lisa's kids are young and easy to have them do those types of things. When you have teenagers, I mean, you can't even post.
Speaker 3: A picture of them on some media like god forbid, you try to dress them or even buy their clothes without them knowing or coordinate. Yes, no, no, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think she was talking about her kids in a bad way. So for this tweeting thing to happen and then Lisa and Brooks to both go on board, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like just shows I don't think Carolyn Stanbury has a mean bone in her body. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Carolyn Stanbury is very dry and very like she I think she can come.
Speaker 3: Off as maybe cold sometimes, but I think it's just who she is, her upbringing all that. I don't think that she is a cold person or has a mean bone in a body.
Speaker 2: Well, I think everyone has a mean bone in them, but I don't think she's intentionally mean. I think she's intentionally blunt. And I.
Speaker 3: Like people like that me too. I don't like people that play victim, blame everybody else for their problems, never taken accountability, and she's a time Yep, I did uh huh, yep.
Speaker 2: I don't like this, or I do like this, whatever, But I don't think, and I will say, if I think somebody's saying something inappropriate about somebody's kids, I because I'm very sensitive about my kids. I don't think Stanbury was saying anything bad ALS's kids. But then this episode we're on episode eight, Stanbury tells Sergio Helps that she was at Brooks for coming to their house party with Sage. She says Brooks came with a mission to cause drama Sergio, but then Sergio saying that Raffi is like a piece of bread, he's the nicest human had me confused. And then I googled it and wouldn't you know, it's an actual Italian saying, Tam, you're a real peace.
Speaker 3: Does that mean that I'm yummy and full of carbs? I mean, how I took it. I'm like, Raffie's a piece of bread. I'm like, okay. You know what I like is Caroline and Sergio are in bed with matching pajamas. It's quite a vibe. Caroline still has her glam on from the night before, and then they have Cheryl bringing her coffee in the morning as they're laying on a mattress on the floor. I thought, there's nothing better than this scene right now, other than Sergio one and two toilet so they can shit together.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. One. And then when Caroline goes, yeah, I don't even have peace during that anymore.
Speaker 3: But it's just their vibe, and so it's funny and light and it works, and I think people the cast members are maybe a little some of the cast members a little bit jealous, a little jelly.
Speaker 2: Then Lisa says it's a big deal for a man to shout at a woman in Dubai, since men are supposed to treat their women like queens.
Speaker 3: Is that true? I got confused by that. Queens.
Speaker 2: I do wish we could dig into more about the Dubaias city and culture and how it affects certain aspects of people's lives, because some of it doesn't make sense. It's like, this is the woman's job, she's here to do this, this is what we expect of her, but then we treat her like Queen's. I don't get it. I need more info explain to us, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. But did you think Raffi was out of line?
Speaker 2: I think there were parts that were out of line. I think at first, I don't think he was out of line, and then I think Tolene, you know, got involved and it started getting more heated, and then I think he was more talking to the group like, yeah, I don't camera.
Speaker 3: I really don't think it's outline. But Brook's rewriting history and blaming it all on Tolene is comical. Yeah, I mean she is so she just comes up so jealous and bitter.
Speaker 1: OK.
Speaker 3: It's hard for me to watch it right now. I'm like, what's going on this season? I'm not liking you.
Speaker 2: Neither was Stanbury. She says, it's the spiritual healing, you know what. I think it's called trying to self produce yourself. Yeah, trying to manufacture drama from a show, trying to make something out of nothing. I get, I'm fine with shit stirring, but you have to stir a shit that actually needs a little bit of stirring. This isn't It doesn't even matter what she's fighting about at this point.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Also, who would have known you can't wear leather to Bali?
Speaker 3: I know I was thinking, God, I went to Bali, did I wear any leather shoes? I mean, I will tell you the humidity is so bad there that you can get ready in your air conditioned hotel room and walk out in your dripping sweat in two seconds. Yeah, Teleen saying that she was afraid to go to Bali, girl, I feel you. I'm afraid. I have PDSD. I will never go back.
Speaker 2: Well that's because of the show. But Matt was my favorite trip I've ever taken to Balie. I love it.
Speaker 3: So I will say, just fast forward a little bit and watching them walk into their villa, it was the budget would look like is a little bit bigger than when we went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well what about when Sergio shows up to the airport with Stanbury. He tricked me well, and he had his passport. But then Ion is pissed and says, the only thing that has left is Sergio putting on boobs and a dress and making Sergio one of them. Then Sergio set jokes and said he's not going, He's actually going to Spain. But then when he hands Caroline the poster of himself dead.
Speaker 3: Dead nothing, And then it gets better. In the in the sprinter van or whatever they're riding in, there is Sergio's poster in the back seat. They they had. How do you check that in? Do you just walk on the plane with it? That big old poster?
Speaker 2: You put it in the overhead?
Speaker 3: It's too big. That thing was like poster size. It was a carry on line. How about can we talk about the airport fashion? Which which girl would you chanel on the gown?
Speaker 2: And then she goes, I can't die in a pair of tights and sneakers, Ilene skipping in and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Saba and feathered pajamas.
Speaker 2: I don't like. If that's sol pajamas.
Speaker 3: I don't like, I know, And then Telene in a workout clothes and braids and hats, and Sarah in her Gucci track suits. I think I would be Telene.
Speaker 2: I think I could be Tileene, or I could probably be Sarah if need be. I don't remember what Lisa had on, so I don't I can't.
Speaker 3: Just set casual outfit. They casual zoomed in on her. Yeah, I mean when you're doing it, Dubai TBALI is a nine hour flight. Yeah, you're gonna want to be comfortable. Could you imagine traveling in that dress that Chanel had on, no big old' tool dress. I'm like, that would be so uncomfortable. Guarantee she got on and changed.
Speaker 2: I do remember my very first trip on Beverly Hills, and I came casual, and all of the women off camera said to me, listen us getting on and off a jet is always used in opening titles, So you want to dress up for these? And I was like, oh, okay.
Speaker 3: Like they did they use yours? I?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was in a white T shirt and jeans.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, it's a reality show. Let's be real people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then Brooks is late to the airport. None of their text Wait she didn't show up? Yeah, well, what's apple calls are getting there? You know, I don't know I think if there's one thing Brooks is going to do, it's make sure everybody is talking about.
Speaker 3: Her about her and make a grand appearance. And this, you know what, this just bothered me even more. And I've bothered me even more.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna have to say something right now, Brooks. This is not to cause a fight with you, but if you actually took a private jet to BALI, please send the twatz proof. I want to see it.
Speaker 3: We know you on later on exactly there was no posting of it. Later on, Caroline stan Barry questions her about it, and she makes it sound like maybe some man might have paid for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but half a million dollars for her to go on a cast trip?
Speaker 3: Is it really five hundred thousand dollars to fly private for nine hours?
Speaker 2: I would get okay, So to fly from LA to New York private is not including like gas and stuff? I think it's like seventy five thousand.
Speaker 3: Wit you have to pay gas on top of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, it's a quarter of a million. Quarter of a million, does sound right?
Speaker 3: Quarter of a million, quarter of a million dollars to fly two.
Speaker 2: Hundred and fifty k which makes sense. Because if it's about seventy five doll one hundred k to get to New York from La.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know if anybody would know would be Caroline.
Speaker 2: But then Tolene says she wanted to come on the trip and clear everything up. Chanelle tells Tolene that she heard Toleine was chasing Brooks at Stanbury's house saying where's your husband? Toleene tells Chanelle it is dirty. What she is doing was do you think Ian was trying to stir it up here? She wanted to get the full story because she wasn't chasing her, she was just standing there flipping her head around.
Speaker 3: I think that she was being a messy housewife. That's what you know, that's what we like to watch. And I got to applaud Chanel for like, listen, everybody's talking about how they don't want drama. You know, Oh, let's not have drama. Let's just all get along. And then you know, Chanelle comes in with that and Tleene's like, I'm not doing this. I just said, yeah, I think she's just doing her job. Yeah, yes, guys, for those of you out there, it is a job.
Speaker 2: It is a job.
Speaker 3: Don't act like, you don't know that.
Speaker 2: Then Stanbury tells Sarah to live with her boyfriend to test the relationship. Sarah says she can't live with a boyfriend until she's married because of her religion slash culture. She wants to take things slowly, and then she says that even if she could, she wouldn't want to because it takes away from getting married. So then they go to dinner, which they're all confused by this truffle pasta that all I wanted to do was eat. I was like, oh my, oh my god, that looks so good when it's in the cheese wheel, the cheese not the cheese wheel. I was like, oh. But then we thought the night was like coming to an end clearly because nothing was happening. But then we see they all go back to the villa. When they said the villa, all I kept thinking was love Island. When they're like, let's go to the villa, they go, I don't even see them really having drinks, but like.
Speaker 3: The god a villa. This is what it is, guys, cue the production. Girls dance have fun. The girls dance, they're dancing, Oh yeah, having fun. And then as one of them, yeah, she's dry humping everybody and then they all stop and they're like, Okay, let's go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well not before Brooks arrives. Brooke shows up, brook says she came late because she needed a minute. She claims she private, and then Brooks ask Sarah if Toaline has apologized for being fake two faced in a poster. Then they decide to I'll go to bed.
Speaker 3: M they're tired after they did their production dance, after they get fun.
Speaker 2: With no music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then standard's like the Chicken dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then Stanbury tells Brooke that she is prickly and tells her to stop the healing because she was better before. Stanbury asked if she actually flew private and asked who funded it. Brooks shaws, she's not telling her. I don't think what Stanbury is saying. And listen, I'm not trying to just have Stanbury's back finally.
Speaker 3: And I feel like they literally go after it for everything she says in like twist things and take it out of you know, context, and it's such bullshit and you can see it.
Speaker 2: Well, especially like I think it's one thing to say, like whatever, this current spiritual healing journey you're on is clearly not the right one. Maybe don't do one through Sarah. If you need therapy, if you need trauma healing, if you need whatever, you should probably do that on your own, not with one of your cast members, who's we ultimately are going to find out, is going to throw it in your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not fair to Stanbury. Now, you guys look for this when you're watching housewives. There are housewives out there that use sound bites. So you can be having a conversation and all somebody's like, oh, you're gonna yell at me, Oh, don't yell at me, when the other person's I've been yelling at them. It's a way to change the viewer's perception of what is going on. And it's so annoying, and I feel like they do that to Stanbury all the time. Now, what I did like is Sarah saying we set to to Brooks, we set intentions last night, we're all good, and then Brooks says Telene is a liar. I'm going to confront her, and Sarah goes absolutely absolutely. It's like, come on, Sarah, can you at least fake it and say, well, you know what, you should do it with a you know, a gentle heart or some bullshit that she's.
Speaker 2: Let's do this in Apias. But there dun dunt duke.
Speaker 3: I constantly talking about Telene, though constantly it just makes her look jealous.
Speaker 2: She's just mad that Telene is effortlessly fitting in. Ion has a voice note from Sarah saying, even if I'm not a Brooks fan, I will not stand for that. And that is true, you know what, I am not her biggest fan as well. Sarah always is taking the talks highly about Brooks. So the ladies feel like they're finally seeing what it is that she says, and it's like, finally the mask of Sarah's slips. I wish she just would allow herself to be that on the show.
Speaker 3: I was a little bit confused by the voice note because once it was talked about, then it was presented at the table. It was a voice note from Sarah to Ion or whoa, oh.
Speaker 2: This is you missed it? Okay, So Brooks brings it up to the ladies what Stanbury said to her about the healing journey, which I still don't think was that bad. I don't think she was saying I don't want you to get better as a person. She's saying, I don't want Sarah be your What is it when somebody talks for you all the time?
Speaker 3: Your your your?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your mouthpiece, your mouth mouthpiece. Yeah. So, and then they flashed back to all the clips that Sarah has talked for Brooks since this healing journey, which he has. Yes. Then they flashed back and they show the voice note that Ion shares that we had assumed had come to Ion from Sarah. Yes, but then that's where it got confused. No, no, what actually happened? And this is where we see the demise of Ion and Lisa. Is that that voice note went to Lisa. Lisa then sent it to Ion.
Speaker 3: Oh it was okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So that's where you know, Lisa tells Ion she is messy because she sent that voice note to Iona.
Speaker 3: Things are heating up and the guys words of Ion, the ocean.
Speaker 2: Can kill you or you Yeah, and I don't want to do either with things I haven't seen. Yes, but in this moment I actually felt bad for Brooks, like, really, without her, where would we be this season? But also, your supposed supposed spiritual healing friend is sending voice notes to Lisa Milan who's then shitting them to Ion and.
Speaker 3: Like Ion's yeah, and then tells Caroline. Then Caroline brings it up at the table. But the way Caroline brought it up was pretty masterfult. She did it like this, Oh yeah, maybe then we should.
Speaker 2: Talk about the voice note.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was she She gets the attention off of her and let the bitches fight it. Let the bitches fall where they may.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let the pieces fall. Because would you be pissed at Ion for sharing the voice note? Or would you pay? Or if you're Sarah, are you pissed at Lisa for sharing the voice point being don't send a voice mode talking about somebody that's supposedly your best friend.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to share it, well, it's going to come out, especially if you're writing hard for that person or you're contradicting yourself. It's going to come out.
Speaker 2: If you're somebody's mouthpiece and then you're talking about them on voice notes to other cast members, it ain't gonna be good. And this is where we're about to see all of the women's relationships that we currently know implode. So thank you, Dubai, you're coming in hot. Episode nine, great episode, really good but I think episode nine. I don't think it's on next week. I think there's a gap week. Oh really, yeah, I think I read that. But so yeah, we uh you've got your hooks in us now, so thank you, thank you very much