Speaker 1: It's Burg and Jeffrey in the morning, and in the second day, the guy tries to impress the woman he's out with and ends up. But we'll just say in thirty straight minutes of NonStop physical pain. Oh that's a backfire.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear what happened in just a second. But okay comments So yes, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, speaking of unconventional ways to meet someone, Amber commented and said, I showed up to a date two hours late and we now have a kid together.
Speaker 2: The patient's on the man for staying that long.
Speaker 3: And how did he.
Speaker 4: Stay in it?
Speaker 2: So many questions, Oh, that's awesome when they get there, Yeah, I mean I could.
Speaker 5: It's like, yes, they're two hours late.
Speaker 2: J Yeah, floursmeil is no joke? What about six?
Speaker 1: Why don't we go that far? All right, we're gonna start your second date right now.
Speaker 5: Second date up date Text to se And this is for the guys out there, What is the craziest thing you ever did for a girl spontaneously on a first date? It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, And I'll ask jose hose craziest spontaneous thing that you've ever done for a girl on the first date. There was one time, you know, when you're leaving like a restaurant in a theater and they have somebody selling single roses outside. I remember one time I bought all the roses. He's like four left. I'll take the rest of them, and I gave him You're dangerous, Jo. Look out my street flower vendors. You're about to run out of inventory.
Speaker 2: Roses.
Speaker 5: I bring it up though, because one of our listeners says he went full spontaneous on a first date and now he's kind of regretting it because he's not getting a callback so allergic to flowers. Maybe he's like the one thing I ask, let's welcome Patrick to the show. Patrick, how you doing many?
Speaker 4: Hey guys, thanks for having me on. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is it normal for you to get spontaneous on a date or is was this like a one time sort of thing?
Speaker 4: Not even remotely?
Speaker 5: Dude, I've got to like you. I feel like I overplanned, though.
Speaker 2: I don't like that this didn't turn out the way you wanted.
Speaker 1: To because she's not calling you back because you need that confidence boost to do it more often.
Speaker 5: So what was it that caused this feeling inside of you that night that said I need to do something really spontaneous right now.
Speaker 4: So I basically I met this girl named Maggie and we're on our date and the topic of being spontaneous kind of came up, and we both agreed that being spontaneous is a really good thing. Not gonna lie, I don't agree, but I agreed in the moment, okay, But like she caught me right away because she was like, wait, I thought when we were first talking, you had said like you're not the type of person who does spontaneous thing.
Speaker 2: She called you out on you agree, and.
Speaker 4: I had to double down. I was like, what are you talking about? Of course I'm spontaneous. And I took one of like the flowers out of the vase on the table and I ate it, and you were.
Speaker 5: Going to give it to her, Jose, did you not eat any of the roses that you bought? I didn't. Okay?
Speaker 2: Is she laughing or just drooling?
Speaker 5: Because she's so turned on?
Speaker 2: She's also hungry, and there was only one.
Speaker 5: I was gonna eat that flower.
Speaker 4: She did laugh and she thought it was funny. But she was like, are you sure you're not just weird?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I can't tell. It's a joke at this point or not.
Speaker 5: It could be, it should be.
Speaker 2: It is kind of borderline between spontaneous. It's just really strange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now, even though clear I'm not spontaneous, now I feel like I have to prove my point. So the waiters walking by and I called him over. I took a hundred dollars bill out of my wallet and I tipped him mid meal?
Speaker 2: What whoa? What did you say to him?
Speaker 5: The way to be spontaneous?
Speaker 4: I said, you're doing such a great job. I just want to give this to you now, letting you know that we really like you. I can't even remember when I was so.
Speaker 5: You tipped early because as you're spontaneous.
Speaker 4: And a lot.
Speaker 5: Was she impressed with it?
Speaker 4: I don't know if she was impressed or.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, probably because it was happening inside of a jack in the box. So she was like, that's a little unusual to do that.
Speaker 1: Here you're flowers on the table, jack.
Speaker 2: I don't have a jack in the bie.
Speaker 5: Okay, So was that did the spontaneous proving stop there?
Speaker 4: No? Huh?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, there's more.
Speaker 4: So we leave after dinner and we're walking and talking and she says kind of, I don't know here. She's like, you know, it's okay if you're not spontaneous.
Speaker 5: I'm yeah, but have you thought at any point of this is your But that's just not it's not how men think. Men don't accept like, hey, you're not that cute, you're not that charming, and that's fine. You're like, what do you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a reverse psychology, is what we're working with here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys have to prove themselves.
Speaker 5: So what did you do?
Speaker 4: Well, we were walking by a tattoo shop and I said I'll be right back, and she was like, no, don't do that.
Speaker 5: You robbed the tattoo store. Wow, I got him.
Speaker 4: Robbing a tattoo store probably would have been smarter.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Half an hour later and I've gotten a small what do you call it? Like an infinity symbol?
Speaker 5: Why did you go with that?
Speaker 1: Did you say you just left your date for a half an hour? You didn't even bring her in the shop with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I should let her pick it out.
Speaker 4: I wanted to surprise her because she has the same tattoo on the same spot tattoo.
Speaker 2: You hold on.
Speaker 5: What was her reaction?
Speaker 4: At first? I thought it was a great So she was like freaking out a little bit, like, oh my god, I can't believe you did that. Then she kind of then started laughing about it and was like, you know, oh my god, you're crazy.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, yeah, mission accomplished. You proved it there.
Speaker 2: So she waited for a half an hour and was still able to laugh. Yeah, it's questionable she waited.
Speaker 6: She should.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I'm in that situation and I'm the girl, I would want to know how it ends.
Speaker 2: You're saying, do it for the plot. For the plot.
Speaker 5: I'm curious, what's he coming back with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope that's the end of your spontaneity.
Speaker 5: Or is there more? He's like, then I cut off my hands.
Speaker 4: Okay No, I walked her home and and that was it. But like, literally that was it. I haven't heard from her since.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously you really really wanted to impress her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't know if you did, but like, this girl must mean a lot to you.
Speaker 4: I mean, yes, I do like her, but I don't know. I feel like she was calling me out, and I felt like I had to defend myself, even if it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't you know she wasn't trying to bully you.
Speaker 1: She was trying to tell you to just like jose said, pick a random bar you should go to as minute.
Speaker 2: That's all you don't.
Speaker 5: I think what we're saying is we're all impressed. We're all very impressed by how far you went in order to make this woman like.
Speaker 2: You For a girl you kind of.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, and so now we're gonna do even more spontaneity when we spontaneously call her and ask her why she's not giving you another chance.
Speaker 2: Well, it's very planned to do it every.
Speaker 5: Well, she's not going to expect it. She's gonna be like, wow, spontaneous phone call. Second date update, I want to date the word.
Speaker 1: We all have to get matching Infinity tattoos by the end of this.
Speaker 2: And we will do it.
Speaker 5: We will get the tattoo gun out for your second date update right after this. Hold on second date update. Some people get spontaneous on a date by skinny dipping, or hopping a train together, or hopping a train after skinny dipping. Is this the nude car? There's no plastic on the seats here, But.
Speaker 2: Why does it take so long for you to get kicked? Off the train.
Speaker 5: People like what they see you, but not for our listener, Patrick. He proved that he was spontaneous. He tried by eating a flour off their dinner table, tipping one hundred dollars before the bill came. That's a good one, and then getting a shoulder tattoo all mid date.
Speaker 2: How small is it? Can we ask?
Speaker 5: Is asking? How small are you?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 5: How small is?
Speaker 4: It's maybe like an inch and a half.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not that's not very big.
Speaker 2: Big is too big.
Speaker 5: But the whole reason that he did it is because Maggie kept doubting his spontaneous nature, so he had to step up and prove himself to her. Patrick, You're not going to try and prove your spontaneous again over the phone while we call her, right.
Speaker 2: Just a tattoo gun in the background.
Speaker 5: I'm getting your name.
Speaker 4: Trust me. I'm so over trying to be spontaneously. I just want to be my soul.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 4: I'm boring, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you want to boring, you're not.
Speaker 5: Just don't say that because I was going to prove how boring he don't say that. Just accept you are who you are. And we love it.
Speaker 1: I prefer a guy who doesn't need flowers anyways.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 5: Let's see what Maggie has to say. It may have had nothing to do with the spontaneous stuff. Could be something else.
Speaker 2: Wait to hear her side of the state and her story from.
Speaker 5: It has to do with the spontane there's no way it's not. Well, let's find out. I'm gonna call her right now. We'll see what she has to say. If she answers, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey, is this Maggie.
Speaker 6: Guess who is speaching?
Speaker 5: My name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Him, Maggie, the whole show's here.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Maggie.
Speaker 6: Hi guys, what is this about?
Speaker 5: Okay, this is about your love life?
Speaker 3: Actually okay, okay, you're not your your dating life, because rumor has it you recently went out with a guy named Patrick and had a really fun time.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, if you say that? Does he say so?
Speaker 5: I do say so.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear how you described this date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we're doing a segment called Second Date Update. We're trying to help Patrick out and figure out if there was something weird about the date, if there was something that you didn't like. Because he's a little bit confused, why you haven't met up again?
Speaker 6: He's confused why we haven't met up again?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, he did tell us a little bit. Yeah, there was some highlights that were brought up.
Speaker 1: Confused, some spontaneous moments that happened.
Speaker 2: It sounds like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I don't even know how to go about starting talking about.
Speaker 2: This, but should we start with a flower at the table?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was like a fun flirting manter and then he just eats a flower off the table.
Speaker 4: Like a man, like shocked and appalled.
Speaker 6: I'm confused. I don't know what to do, so all I do is laugh. But that's like permission to keep going.
Speaker 4: Oh is it?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Because? Is it because he didn't put ketchup on the flower?
Speaker 2: Is that what it was?
Speaker 5: No, but you're saying your nervous laughter kind of opened the door. He thought, Oh, she's laughing, I should do this.
Speaker 2: It's like my seven year old.
Speaker 6: I was uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, but it was pretty impressive. When he tipped one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: It was strange, to say the least.
Speaker 2: Why was that strange.
Speaker 6: It was strange because it's like, that's not how you act in a restaurant. That's not I mean, I wasn't impressed because somebody like showed how much money they had.
Speaker 5: All right, okay, fair, we.
Speaker 1: Can say that, but you're still there, like you, I mean, you guys are still going on the day. It's not like you laughed or you said I mean, there had to be something good happening, right, well, I mean, how.
Speaker 6: Do you even like, how would you leave that situation?
Speaker 2: You can't walk out the door, would you? No? Okay, call my friend to come get me walking out the door.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about the tattoo that he got at the end of the day. Can we skip to that. We're all dying. What do you want to know? On a scale of one to ten, how badly did you want to say I love you.
Speaker 6: Right when you literally because of infinity? That was just like actually insane.
Speaker 5: You didn't like it. It's funny you said that because we heard it was an infinity tattoo, so negative infinity. Wow, that's like matching soulmates.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, no, you're waiting outside of tattoo parlor for thirty minutes, Like did you know that's what he was doing inside.
Speaker 6: I honestly I had no idea what was happening.
Speaker 2: You were dead.
Speaker 6: When he came out side with the tattoo that I had, I like wanted to scream because he even asked me what it was. I'm actually in the process of getting it removed because I had with my axe, because there was.
Speaker 2: A matching tattoo that you had with your ax. Is that what you just said?
Speaker 5: Yes, dude, Oh my god. Well now you don't have to get it removed because it matches with your new boyfriend.
Speaker 6: No, sooner.
Speaker 5: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Isn't it crazy to say that two men in your life has a.
Speaker 2: Tattoo?
Speaker 6: They're not both in my life?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, I mean it's like your exit mark, everything you're done with.
Speaker 5: Well, they're not. They're not totally out of your life yet either, because here's something that's kind of spontaneous and fun. Patrick has been waiting on the other line, listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, I think he's still there, Patrick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, as if that tattoo story could I thought it couldn't get worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Patrick, how do you feel about your tattoo?
Speaker 4: Now not not so great. Uh, I'm not what to say. That is who? But you know what I hate You're that your ex was not as spontaneous as I am.
Speaker 6: Right, Oh God, still keep going with that whole thing. It's like it's not a joke anymore. It's kind of just annoying at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, try and be boring now, that's what you said you were gonna do, right, Like, that's what your goal was, to be yourself and show her who.
Speaker 2: You really are.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, I was. I was. That was a really a real bad joke.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's a jokes that he doesn't jokes.
Speaker 2: I think he's uncomfortable. I feel best.
Speaker 4: So, Maggie, I gotta ask, like, was your exploring? What was he like?
Speaker 6: I don't even have to tell you. You like didn't even talk to me on the date. It was all about how you felt. I'm like, I don't need to tell you anything about myself.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: Do you know what went on?
Speaker 5: And sat down and just witnessed a lot.
Speaker 1: Of weird When we talked to him before we were on the phone with you, he understands how dumb he was, and he said he just wanted to be himself and get a do over with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he should have just admitted. Maybe he's not misrespontaneity.
Speaker 4: I'm not, I swear.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think he's a really nice guy. I think he is trying too hard and needs to get a little bit more grounded with who he is.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think there are a lot of assumptions that were made and I didn't like it, and I don't have time to give other people chances.
Speaker 5: So you're selfish, that's my god, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: No, she has boundaries. Boundaries, there's what those are called.
Speaker 5: Brook. The point is we're trying to help our listener Patrick get together with this woman that he really liked and made a lot of effort to try and impress. He did do that, Maggie. We're all in agreement, and even Patrick is that he went too far with that. We want to reel it back so much. So, what do you think about getting your tattoos removed? Together?
Speaker 2: And we will pay for that, make it something else.
Speaker 5: Let's erase all of the past and start a happy, brand new future.
Speaker 4: With Patrick for both of those too.
Speaker 2: Patrick, don't come off as cheap right now, Okay, Well.
Speaker 5: Brooke Herrety spent his one hundred dollars bill on the waiter already, so we probably should step in, Maggie, what do you think?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, wow, all the effort, but it's going.
Speaker 4: To be it of for me.
Speaker 5: I kind of know why her ex boyfriend left her now after hearing this.
Speaker 2: Oh God, jeff you.
Speaker 5: Assume he's fun. He's spontaneous, he tried, Patrick, do you and me want to You want to get a beer with me sometime?
Speaker 4: Dude? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see infinity when it comes to work up work next week.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get the tattoos that you have to like press your bodies together in order for them to make one giant thing. Yeah, one che eat, ok Patrick, that.
Speaker 4: Might be a little weird, a little like too much for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm the weird one now, I'm not. Jeffrey in the Morning Man. I am so disappointed real honestly.
Speaker 2: Really, you really thought that was going to turn out differently.
Speaker 5: I just feel like men are constantly trying to put an extra effort to show that they care about these women. They want to stand out, and they get roasted for it on our show. Every single time.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. All she wanted him to do was be himself.
Speaker 5: She didn't say that, did not She said that, not before the date, after the fact she said it.
Speaker 2: She said it during the date. She said, you're trying too hard. Just be you, honestly, do you not listen to anything people say?
Speaker 5: Really? I blame myself for this.
Speaker 2: It's all about you.
Speaker 5: I am not being wild and spontaneous enough in these calls to make the other men appear more normal.
Speaker 2: I see, that's my job.
Speaker 5: Although I did ask the guy to grab a beer and get matching butt tattoos with me at the end, so maybe I am growing.
Speaker 2: You got turned down though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a rough day for everybody, so I don't know. We're still willing to help you out, but let's give guys some credit for effort.
Speaker 3: Yeah ladies, sure, yeah, half the room.
Speaker 5: We will call the person. We'll put in the effort by calling that person who's not calling you back. So email the show if you feel like you need a little bit of help and go check out all of our second dates where you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey