Speaker 1: People don't think I like Jonathan Kaminga. I don't know how they would get that impression. I have no idea. I don't know that it's actually true. I just think it's all about expectations and the situation and what you could have done with those assets. And we know that's seven and fourteen. We're up for grabs, and when you want to win and you pick those guys, then the expectation is that you should be able to contribute right away. And I don't think he can contribute right away. That's pretty much simple, very logical point by me. I just think that he's not going to be ready for primetime in like the next three to five years, when Steph is in his late thirties and the Warriors needing to win now makes these guys a fucking teams that are overpaid and probably end up missing the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I'll probably make the playoffs, but you know what I'm saying. So, but I like his game. I think he's going to be a bucket. And one of the reasons that I like him is he comes from about as tough of a background as you can imagine. Do you know much about Jonathan Kaminga?
Speaker 2: I know he struggled growing up, but that's about the extent of it.
Speaker 1: So he comes from the Congo formerly his iEAR, the home of one of the bloodiest conflicts since World War Two. The San Francisco Chronicle reported that Kamingo witnessed atrocities that he'll never discuss. He goes, well, why dwell on the past. It's like you probably saw somebody get macheted up, and it's like you, that's what therapy is for. I guess yea. So then five years ago, at thirteen, he left his home in Goma, Congo to come to America to chase his dreams. Five years later, he set to sign a twenty five million dollar contract. And this is what he said. People ask me how I dealt with being away from my parents for so long. It was something I was prepared for. I really don't worry. I knew that i'd get to see them eventually, as long as they were alive. As long as they were.
Speaker 2: Alive, damn, damn. What like it'd be like if.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, you know, I'm going back to Louisiana hopefully going to see my parents as long as they're alive, and you're like, what do you mean, what's happening?
Speaker 2: What's going on with that?
Speaker 1: Like why wouldn't they be alive? I don't know because they're in the congo right now where I don't even know what's going on, and Jonathan Kminga won't say what's going on, So who knows? Very different to me than being like an AAU kid, Like that's how I see a very different lifestyle than like being the son of a player or an AAU kid that's been going from traveling team to traveling team. And so that's that's something that I could see making Kaminga very good in the future because that gritty, tough rise above all adversity, shrug off the fact that your parents could be killed at any moment as a trivial thing.
Speaker 2: It's just like, you know, like I surrendered to the.
Speaker 1: Universe, like who knows, Like we'll see the future is bright. Is something that gives guys an extra edge. So the world thinks I hate Jonathan Kaminga, I don't. I think he's actually prime to do huge things. This is what he said more about that aau shit. It's hard to relate to someone when someone's complaining to you about their parents. Not buying them the type of car that they wanted. I actually know what real struggle looks like, not having money, not having food. Here, it's a totally different world. I mean, all you kids in the NBA talking about how you didn't get your S class or your C class or whatever, like, Jonathan Kaminga has a message for you, and it's called shut the fuck up. Uh. So, I think he's gonna be a baller because he's not scared of going hard in the paint. But I really love his background, I really like his character. I think he's gonna fit in well, but probably after Steph retires.
Speaker 2: I think it's just I think it's straight up a mental thing for him. Like we see when he's like focused and playing well, it looks really really good. And I mean Yiannis was I mean and then not to like throw it out there. I think he's gonna be honest. But Yiannis was not a good basketball player when he came to the league, and in a similar way, Kaminga probably isn't a great basketball player right now. I have I have very optimistic hopes for cominga.
Speaker 1: So do I And I think when you talk to people in the space in the medical space, like soft tissue training, like they see athletes on a day to day basis. They love Cominga's bounce, they love his athleticism, they like the dog in them, all those intangibles, all those athletic traits. He just has to get a better feel for the game. Yeah, and when he does, the sky's the limit. I think the pick was great. Just the fact that the pick was from the Warriors is the only thing that I really want to say, because Warrior fans are so easily triggered, so hey,