Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now let's send it's some of the stocks in the mood to stay here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgar with Binberg with port to cloone Malay, good morning, clothing morning. First off, a SML, the chip equipment maker. This as we saw those really stella very strong results from TSMC. What's the read across into ASML that obviously you know makes the machines behind you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Well we've seen we've seen ASML in the green today as the positive read across from those TSMC numbers. So TSMC raised its outlook for both cells and spending, and so that is really seen from investors as a sign of this continued AI demand which interestingly has had positive read across into ASML, but actually not into.
Speaker 4: That broader tech and AI related sector.
Speaker 1: And that is because ASML is a key supplier to TSMC, so the plans to spend more will directly benefit ASML. But the reason why other AI related names are like maybe ASM or Schneider Electric Semens et cetera. Are not really seeing that same drive forward is because the broader sentiment around this AI trade is a little unsteady. We saw another really steep decline in the COSPI in South Korea. There's been so much volatility in that index, and so this really indicates those growing questions around whether those very high valuations make sense, whether those huge investments makes sense as well into AI. And so we are seeing essentially one winner from this tsmcloid across this morning, and that is just ASML.
Speaker 4: That's key supplier.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that in the all important AI semiconductor space. Of course, then there is another major deal and a huge surge for the foot to fifty company road talk. I suppose that means we have to talk about valves.
Speaker 1: Yes we do. So you might not have heard of road talk. I don't think I had either. But this is an industrial components supplier, so it makes equipment that controls the movement of liquids through industrial pipelines. Essentially, what that means is that it has really big exposure to the energy sector, to utility sector as well, and that is why ABB, the electrification company out of Switzerland, is buying a Roadtalk in a five point five billion dollar deal. So that will enable ABB to expand its automation in an electrification businesses and continue to benefit from this AI boom from this spending on data centers that it has been benefiting from for a while now. So the deal is very much part of that strategy of continuing in that direction. ABB has been trying to streamline its portfolio towards that exposure to power grids, to energy and therefore to that data center builder. And in that spirit, it's sold its robotics division last year to soft Bank to try and shift its focus to acquisitions of the kind that it just did with road Talk, and see the CEO ABB has actually said that the company has thirteen billion dollars available for additional purchases, so we'll be watching out for any other deals of that kind. And in the meantime, road Talk shares, as you said, surging this morning more than sixty percent.
Speaker 3: Wow. Publicist, the advertising agency also gaining this morning.
Speaker 1: Why yeah, so Publicist has raised its outlook this morning. Also the sales came in above expectations, so that really shows kind of resilience from that advertising company despite the downturn and.
Speaker 4: The weakness in advertising spend.
Speaker 1: Of course, marketing is one of the first things to go when money gets quite tight for companies, and so there has been this clear downturn in advertising and marketing spend. But the resources for Publicists show that this is a company that's much more resilient than some of its peers. It's also something that might bode well for a WPP and have As, which are the other two big advertising companies listed in Europe. But Publicist has also been a very consistent outperformer, so maybe it is just better placed to whether it's downturn than some of its peers.
Speaker 4: It is worth noting that it's not all kind of rosy.
Speaker 1: There's some challenges with weaker spending on IT services and that's really hurting its sapient unit, which is a digital consulting unit. So pretty good, but not kind of good across the board.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.