Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She texted me, She goes, how are we dressing?
Speaker 3: I said, grab, I'm a sweat I'm looking pretty chopped for this listen.
Speaker 4: Vow's the only one who put himself together.
Speaker 5: I fear went out the match.
Speaker 1: D I know chemistry.
Speaker 3: Spending time on tour with him, I fear he's the only person who is always put.
Speaker 4: Together, swaggy all the time, all the time. Why are you like that?
Speaker 5: Have you seen my head?
Speaker 2: Like this is so long and beautiful.
Speaker 3: Valve is good, and then it's the then you always wear your loafers, and then you found sneaker loafers to rehearse in.
Speaker 2: This man is a genie, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 5: It was like, it's my dream come true.
Speaker 4: Also, one of my favorite things was when we were doing photos, you know, before the live shows, and uh he was once wearing an alo jacket and everyone's like, I love this jacket. He was like, thanks, it's a woman's jacket. I just liked it because it was crossed.
Speaker 3: And we never forget the pasta jacket? Were you there for the pasta jet?
Speaker 5: I don't think I'm in my crop top error.
Speaker 4: I love a crop I know, cutting everything. What are we going to do when this trend ends.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I was about to cut the shirt, but I'm disappointed.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to pull up with it.
Speaker 4: It looks so great.
Speaker 5: I uh, yeah, no, I don't know. I just I have my phases.
Speaker 1: Yeah right now, I'm in my long hair, don't care phase.
Speaker 4: You still look great. I'm going to get that tattoo, locket, glove hair.
Speaker 5: I don't care. That's a little Wayne lyric over. We're going to keep that on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Ezra, what have you done in the thirty six hours since tour ended?
Speaker 2: Thirty six hours?
Speaker 4: It's only been about thirty six hours since to were ended.
Speaker 2: When like, I feel like, kind of that's a ray of a moment, Like what did I do? What did I do?
Speaker 4: Took a much needed vacation? Talk about your vacation.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I went to Greece. And I definitely feel like this year is the busiest I think we've I mean, I've ever been. I don't know, I don't know how, I don't know what your guys is going to look like, but I I didn't have much time to spend with my family, and I definitely feel like that was just so important to me, especially going into like the craziness that we're about to get into.
Speaker 4: But season starting again around the corner.
Speaker 3: Girl, the clock is ticking. But just getting to spend time with my mom and my sister and my grandma and Greece was just so special.
Speaker 4: The four of you went, Yeah, the four of us.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I just remember as a kid growing up, my mom just dreamed about just traveling the world. And and like whenever I think of going anywhere, going on vacation, I just think of taking her because you know, like my mom sacrificed so much for my family just to even let us go to day as every single day, and she kept she kept the family going.
Speaker 2: So the fact that I was able to do.
Speaker 3: That and spend that time with her and just see her light up, and like we were in Athens and we're seeing all the history and she loves history and she knew everything, and just it melted my heart seeing that.
Speaker 2: So it was a very special.
Speaker 5: I'm proud of you, bro.
Speaker 1: I mean, again, we have some track record of knowing each other for a while, but like you're doing it right, You'll just see your star ascend the way it has and for you to take the time to celebrate the right way, because you could have gone on a binger and it besa that's not.
Speaker 2: Far but that was so we did that. We definitely had we tecked up. We tecked all those boxes, okay.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we spoke earlier about family and just like what success looks like and being a provider for the people you love is definitely.
Speaker 5: A part of that.
Speaker 4: When so growing up my family is well not even just growing up, just in general. My family is from Malta. My mom's side of the family is my mom's Maltese Wow. And my grand father used to talk all the time he played the lotto and his goal was he was going to win the lottery and take us all to Malta. And you know, he was one of twelve kids. Most of his siblings still lived there. And so when I graduated high school and I was on Boy Meets World, my graduation present to myself was to take my grandfather and my family to Malta. And at the time, you know, we were there for two to three weeks. And at the time, like I had a boyfriend back home and I missed him so much, and you know, I was like there was a part of me that was like, Okay, this was really fun, but I can't wait to get home. Looking back, I am so grateful that I have those memories and that I was able to go around Malta and see, you know, my grandfather fought in the war there and got to go to the War Museum and see pictures of him on the wall in the War Museum and see the churches there and the history and the architecture and the just the Mediterranean just unbelievable. So, like Val said, it's you're doing it right, and you're doing it you know, you're starting so young. The fact that you are sharing the wealth with your family, you're just so important to me. It really is.
Speaker 2: Did you vak? Did you do you have your RS?
Speaker 1: I didn't want to interject when you were like, I don't know about your schedules, but I've been really busy.
Speaker 5: I'm like, well, we have kids. I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, you know now that back my statement. No, you keep forgetting that, keep forgetting that we're just so young and cool.
Speaker 1: I know you are, like you really are, but yeah, no, but we're perpetually busy. But but yeah, I mean again, I'm part of this ecosystem at the moment still.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: The popularity of the show is just on a different level.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, did you did you get recognized in Greece? Do you notice that worldwide fame?
Speaker 3: It's weird, Like I did get recognized, obviously not in this like we're in the States, but it was It's interesting because the States is like Dancing with the Stars, but in Greece it was people who just love my TikTok and so that was like really cool, like oh, I love your videos, Like, oh, you're that dancer guy, Like I see you on TikTok. I'm like, that's super cool to experience, and yeah, like.
Speaker 5: Let's go I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should be doing more videos on TikTok people probably, I thought to yourself, No, no, not me, I'm saying you, because again, when you forget that there are people that follow you that have no interest in Dancing with the Stars, you start to look at that platform a little differently. Yeah, like maybe I should do more than just you know, dance all the time or not dance at all. I don't even dance, I might say, I just do the craziest off the rails like dances like the most inappropriate music I could find.
Speaker 5: I make sure I do that.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about the fact that you just recently took a trip to Montana with Jenna's family.
Speaker 5: Yes, we with.
Speaker 4: Haley there, Haley was Hailey was they did? Did you see Jenna's video about they did the drink challenge? What were your thoughts on the drink? Joe, and I was dying to know, Like Val, of course, that's your family that you've married into. So were you like, what this family is crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I think it's it's amazing you asked me about Haley, and Haley again is now becoming this like TikTok star and she's still the cousin you know, or the niece, Yeah, you know, and so so it's the daughter, the granddaughter, and so when we go to these family vacations, first of all, it's such a big family that you know, your importance gets lost in the in the relationships, the familial relationships. So no, I love you know, I call it a blended family because again I married I'm from New York and immigrant from New York marrying this all American family from California and Utah. So I just again, Now we've been married for seven years and they've now welcomed me, and I have now become, you know, one of the biggest champions of her family and her community, and so I just love you know, the things they prioritize, and and and and their love language that they speak, and fun games like that and and crazy activities like this is the most quintessential. You know, I feel like I'm having the American experience.
Speaker 3: But it's the Johnson's. So how serious did they take it?
Speaker 1: Oh? They're super competitive, by the way. There's just excellence in every single person, whether they pursued dance or you know, the finance, whatever it is, doctors, they're all really excellent, and they're all really competitive, and so then the playing field becomes even when we go into these games, and it's crazy. I mean, they're very respectful, well put together people until these games start and then profanity is just on the tip of their tongue all of a sudden, I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: You know, those Johnson's are competitive. Ah, that's what I love about him.
Speaker 1: Well, we've been watching your sister on Next Bro. I love watching Yeah, I've seen your.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been it's cool to to support my sister through that, and we have like our little watch parties every week, and my mom will fly down and like we'll all just like sit together, and then I'll see like my mom's inner dance mom come out. Like I don't see that side of her because I'm the one who's usually on TV or performing, but it's Stephanie. And so it's been really cool just to see her get her moment, get her flowers, get her recognition. But also I feel like the thing that means the most to me as her brother knowing, knowing her story, knowing everything that she went through, is her actually loving what she sees in herself. And I feel like girls nowadays just have a hard time just accepting their beauty and their authenticity. And just seeing my sister, like the first episode she watched it and she looked at me and she goes, I actually look really good, oh nice, And it meant the world to me. I was just like full body chills. I was just so proud of her. And I know, just like girls, like they can be so hard on themselves, and I think that means the most of me, just seeing that kind of acceptance that she just has to herself and the way that she perceives herself, it's really special.
Speaker 1: I think she's you know, I'm most impressed with the way she's conducting herself and the grace with which she has taking on these challenges. And I think, you know, there's quite a bit of luck in this business as.
Speaker 5: Well, especially on our show.
Speaker 1: The challenges, the music, the partners. Yeah, I just I know Stephanie. So I'm just proud of how I don't even call it maturity, Like she just feels comfortable in her skin enough to open to I mean, like I don't want to say cry, but like those the sincere openness with which she's navigating that show, which is so hard especially for her. I'm sure she has such huge expectations for herself.
Speaker 4: And like, if Stephanie were to become a pro tomorrow, what would you say are her strengths? Like what does she walk into the ballroom as a new Dancing with the Stars pro, What does she walk in going I've got this part.
Speaker 3: So I definitely feel like between my sister and I, I'm like the person who's like thinking of everything. Okay, I'm very analytical. I'm very like with choreography. I'm very strategic. I'm that kind of person with her, She's very natural. She has like a natural are to her. She also has like this star quality that is super bubbly and like every single time anyone's around her, they make them feel warm and inviting. And I feel like if she was a pro, I feel like she'd be fabulous pro. Oh yeah, but if she was a pro, I definitely feel like she'd have those qualities too. And I feel like she'd be able just to bring their partner out of their shell just from her being herself. Yeah, and she's also just like I don't know, she's just a star. Like I just love watching her dance. Growing up, she was a star of the family. Even though I'd still kick her ass at every single competition, I'd still beat her, but she was the one that would like get every audish and because everyone just like loved the way she looked and like the way she like flipped her hair.
Speaker 2: She was always that girl.
Speaker 4: What would you say are her areas for opportunities for growth? What would you see her? You would love to see her improve on excel in focus on as being You know, we all look at ourselves and are able to say this is an area where I need to work harder.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was perfect. He's got threebels over here. You can't touch perfect.
Speaker 4: You're not saying we started off this interview giving him his flowers about being all put together, and now look where he's ending out.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I'm begging he's gotten too big.
Speaker 3: You guys, they fear, but I also will say, like going into the next pro I also had my worries and fears, and you guys, I don't feel like it's been talked about enough.
Speaker 2: They don't have their phones, they don't have that communication to the outside world.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: So I feel like a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people would probably expect as her brother to be on the phone with her every single day.
Speaker 2: No, she did that completely on her own.
Speaker 3: So going into it, the things that I was actually worried the most about for her going into it was probably how she would mentally handle the situation, because that's like really hard, yes, but that's the thing that she overcame. Wow. So that's what I'm really most proud of her, because, like I was really nervous that she was going to be there. She wouldn't know how to handle herself. She wasn't going to have her phone, which I feel like a lot of people really really to have their phone, Yeah, communication with other people in the outside world, just to like feel confident in their own skin. But she had to find it within herself and that's what she did on the show.
Speaker 5: Did they have access to any like tech or Internet at all?
Speaker 3: I believe they given and don't quote me on that. I believe they had a phone that was able to take pictures okay, and like like search the Internet, but then it was restrictive of what they could search because it was very imperative that the ballroom knowledge that came out of their bodies wasn't through anything from the Internet.
Speaker 2: I wasn't straight from the straight from the source.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going to say that that's very tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I don't think it's challenge. I don't think it's spilling too much tea to say that. On Dancing with the Stars, a lot, if not all, of the pros, at some week or another, while you guys are choreographing the coming upcoming week, sometimes you guys are choreographing group numbers. When needed, you will go to outside help for or.
Speaker 3: Even like, let's say you're doing a contemporary team, I'm just gonna look up some contemporary dances just to get inspirait exactly, like, just to get.
Speaker 1: Light opening, just some simple ideas again from that, or to even just have another I another look at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So to.
Speaker 4: Not have access to that at all and to have to do it alone, that's a really great answer to continue to like for her to focus on that confidence she did it in the hardest circumstances.
Speaker 3: Harder than we Yeah, yeah, gott, we get totally Wow, proud.
Speaker 4: Can anything you want to tell us that you're looking forward to with the upcoming season? What are you manifesting for yourself in this season thirty five?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're like, none of us are confirmed.
Speaker 4: So okay, all right, you just got away you're just hoping to be on the show.
Speaker 3: I just think, balin, I want to want to be employed.
Speaker 4: You want to be on the show. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 5: Why do you think I'm doing this as I'm hedging my.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to need to start one next year too.
Speaker 3: I think when I'm looking forward to, like if I am picked up, I'm just excited to be.
Speaker 2: Paired with someone and get to tell their story through dance.
Speaker 3: I definitely feel like I was able to do that with Jordan, and that's something that I really just fell fell in love with through the process and just getting to spend like three months with someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't want to hijack it, but that's kind of like, you know, you get a different relationship with dance through the show, and going into your third season, now you catch the bug and you actually reevaluate that relationship and you're like, wow, I have this this vehicle to connect to someone else and to you know, explore their story and broadcast it and hopefully a creative way. So yeah, I mean that's that's a great way to go into a season. Hopefully you have somebody whose story you're going to be excited to tell.
Speaker 2: I mean, regardless who it is.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of the fun and excitement of like who their partner is, because obviously we don't know who that is until we walk in that door. And even when it was Annadelvi my first partner, I feel like on paper.
Speaker 2: That's someone like you shouldn't be excited about.
Speaker 3: But I was so excited to just get to know her, to get in the studio. Obviously it turned out the way that it did, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I think that's the beauty of being a pro and dancing with the stars. You don't know who you're gonna get, but once you get with them, that's when your job actually starts.
Speaker 4: We're talking on con weekend. What are you most excited about for con I.
Speaker 3: Feel like what I'm most excited about for con and there's two things I'm very excited about.
Speaker 2: First things. First, I'm just excited to connect with the fans. Yeah, it's safe.
Speaker 3: To say that we have a very devoted fan base and they they pull they pulled up, especially like we got a witness on tour, the amount of applause that we saw, the different types of people that would go to these shows. I think that's what's really special for us to see too. But for Conna, like it's it's gonna be a more intimate setting and I you know, we get to do our meet and greets, we get to take a picture, say hi, but this is like we get to actually like meet these people, get to know these people and I'm really excited about that. But I think one of the things I'm also really excited about is just being it's like a clash of some of my favorite piece full and like rehearsals, Like you know, rehearsals can be tough, but we're all just like laughing and having good time.
Speaker 2: I'm there with like Haley.
Speaker 3: Jojo soci like all these people, Riley that I.
Speaker 4: Just love, Danielle.
Speaker 3: Danielle, oh my god, no, with the way we were rehearsing today and you were walking down that congo line and you were working it, but then you look to the left and then there's like there's.
Speaker 2: Johnny and he's doing his contemporary dance and.
Speaker 3: It's slaves like it's there's it's a special moment and like the Dancing with the Stars verse where it's like I personally have like I personally have like favorite dances, favorite numbers, favorite contestants from the show that now I get to like actually spend time with.
Speaker 2: So this is this has been a very like interesting week, to say the least.
Speaker 5: Family vacation, yeah, family reunion, Yeah.
Speaker 3: A big family reunion, but like in tenfold because now you're now you're just spending times with celebrities from multiple seasons, so to see them interacted, to see them have their conversations about oh my gosh, like how is your experience on the show, Like that's really cool to see.
Speaker 4: I got to meet Christy Yamagucci.
Speaker 2: Oh she's on her glitter.
Speaker 4: Yes, so fun. Well, Ezra, thank you so much for joining us for this. This was so fun. I adore you, always have, always will and we'll catch you next time.
Speaker 5: Love you guys.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a nap.
Speaker 4: Good idea