Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys APT now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humohler, Effson, Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: All right here we guys, I love it.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: I love it man Hamilton Todd Victory looking.
Speaker 4: At Savanna over there. And since this is our first exposure to stampede really, I mean the last couple of weeks since she joined us, and we taken ourselves. We remember this when this was the team's fight song and going they were.
Speaker 5: They were right up the street from Hamilton Park one right, bring it back.
Speaker 4: Marking back to the good old days, and here we are want to win. In fact, it was the most lopsided loss in the head coaching history of Bill Belichick.
Speaker 5: That's that's the statement, guys. When you beat one thing, to beat them, but when you make history, then that says a lot about your team.
Speaker 6: And the worst one was previously thirty one points back in two and three to Buffalo. Yeah, so that was right at the beginning of Tom Brady.
Speaker 4: I just I just heard Charlie Whye, So I'm serious NFL radio talking about that.
Speaker 2: Was he there like the season opener?
Speaker 4: He was, he was on the staff, and that's exactly what he just said. He said, I remember one another like that. It was an opener and it was thirty one another and he sat there. He said that he sat there and watched that entire game because since he's a former Patriot, he pulls for the Patriots. And he said, he said, I'm going to go ahead and sit through this whole thing. So there you go, thirty eight to three. And had I known mac Jones was going to play like that, my prediction would have been a whole lot different.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I mean that's the reason that mac Jones played the way he did. Yeah, this was balling. I mean, they want a mission, That's all I can said.
Speaker 4: I think they that they spent the last week with something stuck in their cross.
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 7: I think some some some defensive guys they show up to work after a loss and and they get things right, you know, in the following week, and other defensive guys don't show up.
Speaker 4: They just go in hiding. Throughout the week after a loss.
Speaker 5: Ever since now they were ready, they were ready, were prepared.
Speaker 6: Goes to show you that this is all a testament that you don't make conclusions and judgments after one game, and so.
Speaker 4: We shouldn't after this one either.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 6: That's very you know what's.
Speaker 5: On the San Francisco next So yeah, you could that could be a little humble pie in the future. But at the same time, everyone's riding the forty niners cotel. It might be a little humble pie in the future as well.
Speaker 4: There might be well maybe I bet you as you checked that podcast text line today might have a different little dinner than what it was a week ago.
Speaker 8: Let's go text away everybody.
Speaker 2: There you go, and I.
Speaker 4: Don't have the number in front of me for some reason.
Speaker 6: There where is it disappeared?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it disappeared on us, kind of like the kind of like the paytree, it's offenses disappeared.
Speaker 2: I have it. I took a picture of it, and I tried to text you guys before those games. I did.
Speaker 5: I said the text you guys didn't even didn't even pick it up.
Speaker 6: You guys, get your blaming Savannah.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm pretty sure. This is the system itself.
Speaker 6: Chris, Oh, I have it too.
Speaker 8: I have the number two.
Speaker 4: You do have it. I want to give it out.
Speaker 8: Eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: The text line take one more time.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 8: Two nine zero three two nine eight.
Speaker 4: All right, So Mickey the star of the show. Yes, where do we start?
Speaker 6: I think we should start with the defense. I think we should start with one Duran Bland that has Everson Walls eleven interceptions in a single season.
Speaker 2: In sight coming, he's.
Speaker 4: Three and four games and he has ever Walls like eight picks in his first ten NFL starts or something like that.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, eight eight.
Speaker 4: Five last year numbers in ten starts. Okay, okay, you you keep talking, Mickey, and now look up whatever since got in the record book in his rookie year.
Speaker 6: I just want to know, you.
Speaker 2: Have to look at it. One year.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well he got, he got, didn't get the opportunity to start until you need to brace up your microphone or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you hit your mute button.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go, better better, I'm moving around down here.
Speaker 6: I just want to know when the last time you had an interception on a dead run towards the end.
Speaker 2: I never had that. No, I don't had one touchdown. Let's look up. Yeah, thats best episode with.
Speaker 6: That, because I believe that's his second, right, his second in four games? In four games? So you know what was funny when Mac Jones did that throwback to the wide receiver. Uh and he completed okay the first and uh oh shoot. The color commentator the tight end, Greg greg Olsen says, boy, you don't want to do that too many times. You don't want to be throwing back against the grave.
Speaker 2: And you know you got.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there was some some young quarterbacks the glass suh I got these days?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 6: Sure enough does it again and Bland on the run. On the run picks it off.
Speaker 4: Producer Supreme informs me that the great Babe Laffenberg said the same thing on the radio.
Speaker 6: Really don't be doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Babe says that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, quarterbacks should.
Speaker 4: Well the tight end in in defensive evers. Okay, just to set the record straight, this is what we were jumping on you that Duran Blander was about to catch you. Go ahead. I mean I have Doran without eight picks and ten starts. I don't take into account the other games that he didn't start, right.
Speaker 2: Even though that's not fair.
Speaker 4: Ahead, I'll come not starting this even more impressive rookie year eleven interceptions in twelve starts forever sixteen games, twelve starts, eleven interceptions. And then his second year, which was the shortened season to to a labor situation, very familiar with seven more picks in nine games, nine starts that year. So that's eighteen interceptions in his first twenty one starts in the regular season. And I haven't even gotten to the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Let's go, let's go deeper than that. Tom did not start me till my fifth game. Do that was and I just talked about its man.
Speaker 2: And I'm still on the bits.
Speaker 4: Let mean, come on, Thomas too. You had two interceptions in two playoffs starts in eighty one also, okay, well that even raises those number, dude, Yes, those are more important than regulars. Yeah, So that's thirteen picks in this first fourteen starts, and that would be twenty picks in his first twenty two starts, now twenty four starts in his career. So there you go.
Speaker 5: And then finally they stopped him on my way finally right. Yeah, but man, you got those first five. At least give me three starts we could add to that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He wouldn't even start me.
Speaker 5: So really, when you look at it, like you said, more more starts, more interceptions than starts almost so, yeah, it's just so weird.
Speaker 4: Now, No, we're not supposed to jump to conclusions. Maybe that's right for four games, but I'm thinking next year the Cowboys are going to have a couple of former Pro Bowl cornerbacks in their secondary, and that would be well, we already got one with Stefan Gilmour, might have three at Gilmours back. And because I think the Ron Bland is the head of the class.
Speaker 2: We talked very well about Pro Bowl right now. We knew last year. We knew last year he was going to be the.
Speaker 6: Third corner in Cowboys history with multiple interception returns for a touchdown in the same season, joining Trayvon Diggs twenty twenty one and Brown.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 5: I get the yard Brown there he goes, who is that? Who's overrated?
Speaker 6: So anyway we can start there. We can start with the defense. After two and twenty two yards rushing to Arizona gave up fifty three to the Patriots and there was no eating going done by Ezekiel Elliott and basically shut down that offense. We were somewhat skeptical of I think going into the game, and they probably wouldn't have had the three points if not for the one play, the forty two yard completion, they would have shut them out for the season because they ended up kicking a twenty nine yard field goal after that. So from a defensive standpoint, I think they reasserted them and going into tonight's game. By the way, in the team defensive statistics, their number two total defense, number two, pass defense, number one points per game ten point three, number two in point differential wins, number two in sacks per pass attempt, number two, interception rate fourth and sacks, and second in takeaways with ten the Bills have eleven. So they reasserted themselves.
Speaker 4: I would say on that first drive you mentioned the forty three yard or whatever it was to the Mario Douglas, right, okay, I would say if they had a Tom Brady at quarterback, there would have been a touchdown pass to Mike Gaesicki in the back of the end zone. That third and one play. Oh, the third quarterback was more accurate, there would have been a touchdown. He kind of missed it, Yes, he did kind of miss him, but he missed a lot of on There was probably pressure on them. Yeah, there you go. So I mean three wins by scores of forty to forty to nothing, thirty to ten, and thirty eight to three.
Speaker 6: I think that's one oh eight to ten in the three wins.
Speaker 2: Yet we still find something wrong with this team.
Speaker 6: Well we will at some.
Speaker 2: Point we do. You know why always because.
Speaker 4: We do throw a touchdown pass to a wide receiver. It's not a nineteen yard touchdown pass. It's a twenty yard touchdown passing.
Speaker 6: So it's not a red zone touchdown inside twenty.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's what the first touchdown by.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: And so you look at those reginal numbers. Oh, they were one for four the red zone. Well, you had one twenty yard touchdown pass one yard outside.
Speaker 6: That I heard somebody somebody tried to diminish that because Christian Gonzalez went out with the injury and so that was the backup corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, the defensive geniuses over in New England. By the way, the Cowboys lined up with three tight ends, one wide receiver and a running back right, and they chose to use the backup corner to go one on one with CD Lamb. Well, don't you think when they went to the line of scrimmage and saw that, and it's like, well, screw these three tight ends, We're not running the ball. I'll take CD man to man with I think his name was Miles Bryant.
Speaker 4: Bryant Bryant, Yes, yeah, and he's he's played a lot of snaps for them on their defense.
Speaker 6: He's a fourth year, fourth year guy.
Speaker 5: Basically, you're saying, you had plenty of time to make adjustments based on the formation and the pressure.
Speaker 6: They are, you're gonna sit there and single CD. Well, all right, good luck with that. You better block it. You better not get blocked up to the line of Scribb.
Speaker 4: And the Patriots were playing without another starting corner, Jonathan Jones. So Miles Bryant has been playing a lot for them this season. I'm not right sure if he may have even started that game yesterday, but he had seventy snaps yesterday, at sixty two the previous week and fifty three of the week before. So it wasn't like they were just picking on that just came out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a matter of fact, he already yeah, you're right, he already started. Yeah, he was starting at left corner, so so he moved over to the right side.
Speaker 8: I will say, ceedee, Lamb. It was his twentieth touchdown catch of his career. He's tied with Michael Irvin and Terrence Williams for fourth most touchdown receptions in a Cowboys players first four seasons.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good, pretty good, it's pretty good. I didn't know yeah that much.
Speaker 6: So absolutely good job by Lamb. You know they should have had another touchdown reception on that first drive. A schoonmaker makes the catch.
Speaker 5: Kind of man, this guy's starting to get on my nerves. We talked about these tight ends and we love him.
Speaker 6: Ferguson's okay with you.
Speaker 5: Ferguson's okay, Yeah, I've always said focus was okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he always comes back and his run after the catch. I love the way he plays.
Speaker 5: But man, this guy, he's missing too many, too many touchdowns and these are they red zone? Was that a red zone touchdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was that the three man, So you know.
Speaker 5: Our inability to do it, uh has a lot to do with our tight ends not making the plays well, because that's what we seem to be depending on heavily down in the red zone.
Speaker 6: Or the running back running into the quarterback on fourth down.
Speaker 2: Yes, well who was who? I don't know who thought that.
Speaker 6: Was well, Dak, I'm assuming since he did a three sixty that the ball was supposed to go inside to yeah, inside and powered Gren to.
Speaker 2: His left shoulder left right in right, yeah.
Speaker 6: So and those were the two I mean, if you the downside was is they kicked two field goals from the three, three or five yard line, whatever it ended up being, they were twenty twenty three yard field goals.
Speaker 2: Well, having the ball, so yeah, he's having.
Speaker 6: And here I was thinking, oh, they're not going to let him try sixty six at the end of the half. He's going to ruin his streak, right, And then they fall started and punted.
Speaker 4: You know, And we were speaking of tight ends. We were so focused on the offensive line injuries last week. We didn't talk about Peyton Hendershot being limited at ankle with an ankle And so that is why Sean McEwan was elevated from the practice squad.
Speaker 6: And I really like Sean mckinna Johnny on the spot on the fumble too to recover block. Yeah there, great on the Yeah, great block, and then followed the play down the field much like Beottish week before, two weeks before whatever it was, Yeah, and was there to You know, they they play that Beottish play in the team meetings a couple of times, I think. And so you know Sean McEwan, who's been on the practice squad the first three weeks of the season, you know, and there's a difference in the amount of money you make on a practice.
Speaker 4: Squad regular roster. You know that his his ears are hirked up. Okay, that's how I can make it. So I guarantee you the McEwan play is going to be played in the team meeting this week.
Speaker 2: How about the Toba play?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that said, he played a lot of the special teams meetings. You're not just going out there trying to catch passes. I'm trying to make a mark any way I can't. I mean, that was the hell of a play by a wide receiver. You don't want him doing that too many times, right, you don't want.
Speaker 2: To get hurt. Try to take his head off, man, That was good, good stuff.
Speaker 4: And even just negotiating his way downfield to make that play.
Speaker 2: That was negotiation. Yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: He went inside as opposed to going outside and then worked his way back outside with.
Speaker 2: Leverage because he knew that was his responsibility.
Speaker 6: Speaking of special teams, how about a two point conversion fake?
Speaker 2: What was going on with that?
Speaker 4: He took advantage of the special team's genius Bill Bill trying to block the egg.
Speaker 6: So here's a funny story on that. Before Thursday's practice, when they were just kind of warming up and I was walking in here, I thought I saw Anger and uh, Brandon Aubrey throwing the football like throwing zingers for about thirty yards, right, and I'm going, dang, look at that. Then I looked closer and they had one of those little small balls. Right, Okay, but what I saw throw the ball? I said, well, just as well, right.
Speaker 2: What are they doing with small balls out on the field.
Speaker 6: I think it was just kind of a warm up thing. They were kind of jacking around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who has small balls?
Speaker 6: Well they were footballs, yeah, small football Sorry, but it was it was kind of funny that I saw him throwing the ball so far and I said, oh, they got to have a fake kick. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have no idea that they should.
Speaker 4: Maybe wow, there you go.
Speaker 6: It could be for like the deep snapper.
Speaker 2: Too, there you go.
Speaker 6: But anyway, yeah, it was a I mean they saw I think Chauncey Golston said that they had seen that they rush everybody so there was no safety guy back there, and they said, okay, let's give it a shot.
Speaker 2: So that could turn out to be very handy in some games.
Speaker 5: Sure, you know, to me, I know how coaches are very conservative when it comes down to it, but sometimes you want to be that gambler and sometimes.
Speaker 2: I know you could. This is this is a make or break deal when it comes to a coach.
Speaker 5: You don't really want to mess around with an extra point, right, Yeah, but sometimes you think about instead of going for the tie, you know, do we go for the win.
Speaker 2: There's going to be a moment that we might have to go for the win.
Speaker 4: And that play well, and especially you don't see it now as much because of the extra point yard line, Yeah, being moved back to the fifteen yard line.
Speaker 6: Right, you know, And so you know I can see that happening, and it was one of those sudden change because it was after the fumble recovery for a touchdown and it's like, okay, you're kind of discombobulated after that happens to you and you bring.
Speaker 4: That obviously bones Fossils saw it on film.
Speaker 5: That's crazy and telling you that might come in handy one day.
Speaker 2: Guys, you never know.
Speaker 5: I mean, why go through all the drama of overtime overtime, overtime overtime when you could just let's just right here man, Yeah, I mean come on, some coaches feel like that, that's just in this thing right here.
Speaker 6: Did you think about that when Washington tied the game was about that? Like you're gonna kick this and tired.
Speaker 2: Or why not come on in the season.
Speaker 4: In the seasons, Ron Rivera gonna live up to his nick names.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's early in the season. Why not try it just for the heck of it, you know, just one time, one time.
Speaker 2: And then they lose, right fifty four?
Speaker 6: Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was tight? All right.
Speaker 4: We're just getting started on this edition of Mixed Shots. So much more to get to and we come back in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was long.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 11: Snapped the fresh down who looks white, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run full a punch down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing Pepsi and we've a che absolute nacho nirvana, because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks, a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag brisky in the smoker, Miller Light, and the two America's team playing America this greatest school. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Demitt shuts.
Speaker 8: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. Guys, we have some questions starting with offense. All right, Dawn in New York City wants to know what we thought of the run game. She feels that the offense looked better yesterday.
Speaker 4: Okay, And before you chime in on the run game, we got this little update. Stephen Jones, Cowboys executive vice president, on one O five to three, the fans said they are more optimistic today than they were yesterday about running back Rico dawdles hip injury Jones called a contusion. Jones also said if they needed help at running back, they looked to Malik Davis, who's on the practice squad before going outside of the building for help. That John Machoda posted that on X moments ago.
Speaker 6: So they're not trading the seventh for Z not yet.
Speaker 4: Why we chuckling?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not laughing.
Speaker 4: Okay, So run game, what are you thinking? Well, bolstered by the I've liked what I've seen out of Rico Dawdell. By the way, hopefully he is okay. And that so that is optimistic, more optimistic news than what it was.
Speaker 6: And he only got straight. And the.
Speaker 4: Concerning thing about Rico Daddle is that two years ago he was lost for the season after a hip injury, which in the PRECAS surgery, Yeah, required surgery.
Speaker 6: And I think that's what they were biggest worried about. I think they ran just enough to keep them honest defensively, and I think obviously when New England came in the game, they were saying, Okay, we're not letting them run on us. And so the fact that they finished with one hundred and twenty four yards rushing, forty six of those on turpens and around got twelve more lamb doing the same thing. But that's what they got to do. They got to use their speed, you know. And and by the way, some guy named Lipke ran one in Yeah, a touchdown inside the red zone?
Speaker 2: Oh much. I was so happy for Bill.
Speaker 8: Yes, we were talking about them all out. Should we're going to put him in there?
Speaker 4: Should clip my pick to click? Should have done that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: First technical red zone touchdown, by the way, first NFL.
Speaker 4: And and by the way, the pod pick was the who scores the first rushing touchdown in the game, right, And that was the ho It was the first rushing touchdown of the game, Hunter Loki the winner, that's right?
Speaker 2: Think that the game? Yeah, it was late in the game.
Speaker 6: You know, I saw somebody try to minimize it. It's like, well, the block that Terren Steel put on, anybody could have ran in, but he made a nice little cut. He saw where the hole was.
Speaker 2: You know, experience, you said, you don't listen to that craps man. You just don't, man.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know we we we give people all kinds of credit for throwing a five yard pass, but you can't get credit what it's going to five yard running touchdown.
Speaker 6: That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: Come on, it's just you know he has This game can't be simple sometimes, but you have to make it simple by doing your job right. So now it's everyone thinks that they're going to diminish all of the accomplishments for this team and what they've done as a team.
Speaker 2: That's what I like about it. They've done it as a team.
Speaker 5: No one's pitting offense versus defense, wide receivers versus running backs.
Speaker 2: Everyone's just looking.
Speaker 5: Forward to winning the game itself. That's like about this team. They are a true team in that regard.
Speaker 6: And he got fourteen snaps in the game, seventeen on.
Speaker 2: Special teams too, by the way, So and when you.
Speaker 5: Have a team like this that doesn't have that big running back like we had with Zeke, then we're going to have to do it with the turpens. We're going to have to do it running off tackle. We're gonna have to do it with inside hands, off handoffs. We're not that power running team as far as our running backs are concerned.
Speaker 2: We like to attack the edges. That's what makes us effective.
Speaker 4: By the way, in these thirty one to three games, we'll have numerous thirty one to three games.
Speaker 2: I know that's good.
Speaker 4: I would love to see Lipke and Deuce bond in the backfield at the same time so that teams can't just key on Deuce knowing he's going to get the Who would you have.
Speaker 2: It full back? No, you can. You can now.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is you would have the option to giving the ball to Lipkey, and so the teams wouldn't have just key on Deuce and he for then gets smothered he gets the football.
Speaker 5: You know, Well, that's why it would be back there. That's why you've got he.
Speaker 6: Was on the goal line. They had them both in there.
Speaker 4: I want to see it as that's their base package and the three games.
Speaker 2: Get them both in there.
Speaker 4: So second and goal three, deuce get free and run.
Speaker 2: In, hunt him go outside.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't Garrett, Jim Brown is back there. He's going to get smothered back there, and you know he's going to get the football in that situation.
Speaker 6: Hey, how about stopping fourth, fourth and one with the rugby play.
Speaker 2: That's tough to that's tough to do. But they did it.
Speaker 6: They did it.
Speaker 2: They did it, but I don't know. I don't know if they did as well as Philly does.
Speaker 4: I know, no, let's they did not do it as well as Philly does it. But don't you got to have a quarterback, don't.
Speaker 6: You think though five hundred pounds at some point when those they have whoever the two guys are pushing, are they usually tight ends. I'm taking my edge guy and I'm going and cracking on those guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds easy, but it's not. They can't get there, and everyone's tried it. They can't. I mean they have to jump on top, if anything, to get there. They can't go around the outside. He's going right up the middle, so you can't. You just don't have that time. You know, it's just like that, I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna make those guys pay for being the pushers.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you could make them pay for it, but you won't stop to tell.
Speaker 6: Because they're not going to be pushing.
Speaker 2: Right right, So that would have to.
Speaker 6: Be I'm taking one of the message sent.
Speaker 2: That would have to be a message.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and do it again. So I don't know that pusher might say, Hey, put somebody else in there, all right.
Speaker 8: How about our line? How do we feel about it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: That work better? Yes, much better to have dear two pro bowlers back in there.
Speaker 5: I did feel better to have them back in there. I wish they could have run better, though, I really I want to see them be able to open up a little better. But of course I knew Belichick was scheming for it. So it's kind of odd when they know where you're going. There are times when we ran the ball, they were already outside waiting on us, you know, And that's that's that's sound of a good team that knows how to study for it.
Speaker 2: But that didn't bode well for us.
Speaker 5: It put us in some you know, halfway difficult situations at times.
Speaker 6: Well, did see Tyron doing rehab work this morning, so maybe they can get him back in time. So they don't turn a guy loose on the outside to get a free run at my quarter back, Lucky.
Speaker 5: That was crazy and Lucky didn't get his neck messed up. I mean it's like he felt directly on his shoulder blade.
Speaker 6: They start, they double team, they double team the same guy and turn that guy loose on the on the left side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm always fearful when they fall sideways on their shoulder and yeah, because that's where you can get that ac joint messed up. So uh, but I mean they what I liked about. We're not seen in the three wins anyway. Now last week with three offensive linemen out, it wasn't the same offense. But it's taking what the defense gives you, that's right, you know. And so I mean, how many already long, you know, drives of ten or more plays have we seen a lot whether they end the field goals or.
Speaker 2: A lot touchdown. That's impressive, a.
Speaker 4: Whole bunch of them. And so it's a time consuming.
Speaker 5: And you get your defensive rest when you do that. That's one thing we can see. Except for the Arizona game, our defense got a lot of rest in those other three games simply because our ball control, even though it doesn't always depend and in points as far as touchdowns, our ball control is amazing.
Speaker 4: First half alone, the Cowboys had three drives of seventy or more yards.
Speaker 6: Seven more plays, seventy seventy five, seventy three three and then they had a sixty three in the fourth quarter and ended up scoring.
Speaker 4: But all three of the wins have been like that, right, and we.
Speaker 5: Have to look at the fact that what one turnover is that all we have is one turnover. They didn't know, I mean to go out to the season. The season, Yeah, the season.
Speaker 4: At the end of the game, they've.
Speaker 6: Got ten takeaways, one giveaways, so they're a plus none.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 5: That's when that leads to that's right, that leads to success right there.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, look at yesterday's game and what the takeaways did. One was a fumble that was returned for a touchdown, and I mean there was immediate points on two of the takeaways yesterday.
Speaker 5: But I like, I like that the number of plays on the drive because last year we were hurting ourselves and with the turnover, so therefore we couldn't continue.
Speaker 4: Drives like that.
Speaker 5: We were on the goal line, we were in scoring position, and then we held ourselves with an interception of fumble. That is not happening this year and not happening at all.
Speaker 2: So now the.
Speaker 5: Disastrous plays are to a minimum for us, and that's what we need. That keeps our defense fresh, that keeps our offense on the field.
Speaker 4: Funny you mentioned the word disastrous because I looked up on the NFL network just now there was a headline. There was a picture of Bill Belichick and the headline was disaster in Dallas.
Speaker 8: Postgame interview was the shortest quickest answers I have seen. I printed it out.
Speaker 6: Read the last sentence on the first statement.
Speaker 8: The last sentence on the first one.
Speaker 6: The first thing he said, and then he.
Speaker 2: Was the question.
Speaker 8: Question was on why he thinks they're a better team than one in three that just lost by thirty five, and he said, I said, we're better than we were today.
Speaker 6: No, let me see it. It wasn't even the question. It was his opening stay and he went on and on, and then he finished with we just got to perform better. There's really not much to say.
Speaker 5: Now you've seen some Belichick interviews. Yeah, I've seen some one liners. Yeah, so I've seen them worse.
Speaker 6: Than And then that was funny because the next question was, well, why would you say that about a one? Are three teams better than?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why do you think that? It was amazing they kind of grilled them.
Speaker 4: His press conference today, I would think that the theme of it is we're onto New Orleans. That's who they play.
Speaker 6: That he doesn't really that'll be his theme the media team is who's starting at court.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying is the he'll get a number of those type questions and the number of times he'll say we're on to New Orleans.
Speaker 6: It was like, you know, and I guess you got to ask the question. But it was thirty one to three near the end of the third quarter. The game was over. What am I going to leave this poor kid in there and continue to get beat up on? Get them?
Speaker 5: They seemed to to say that when he finally got the news that he was going to be bitch, he was like, man, yeah, right, that's why.
Speaker 4: Ever since that was why he was smiling on the side, was he was the happiest guy in the building. You didn't have to stay in there.
Speaker 6: He was like, he was like, this ass never happened to me at Alabama's.
Speaker 4: A lot easier playing quarterback at Alabama. Yeah, all right, we continue with more mixed shots in just a moment.
Speaker 6: Hmm.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest spool. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time. Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: As they snapper, the pres scout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. You'll love full postyle.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it'sant to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna rub thish in show, run it up the middle ay stores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool PEPSI. Finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 4: To mixed shots.
Speaker 8: Your Dallas Cowboys had to Santa Clara to take on the forty nine Ers in Week five of the twenty twenty three season. Come out to Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium on October eighth for a free watch party presented by seven eleven. Cheer on the Boys alongside the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and rowdy while enjoying five dollars Miller Lights, Barbecue, game Day, fair and more. Gates open at six pm. Kickoff is at seven twenty. For more information and to claim your free ticket, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash watch Party, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Cowboys, Niners watch Party, night Football.
Speaker 8: Watch Parties, Sunday Pats. They were packed out last year's were We're crazy.
Speaker 5: This will be the most watched game all year. Oh without a period period. I don't care what comes up after that doing the regular season.
Speaker 4: Let me see he's playing who Taylor swipts going.
Speaker 2: To side side? Yeah? Well a game that what Haylo Swift does not attend?
Speaker 6: How many times did she show up on TV last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, too many times.
Speaker 6: Somebody should somebody said it should be one of those drinking games. Yeah, every time you see her take a shot, you're.
Speaker 2: A little too late. They've done it, They've already done it. Yeah, I'm talking on their Sunday night. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. What's the best point.
Speaker 4: They're playing if they're playing Minnesota in primetime? I got Kansas City in that game, Kirk Cussins got it.
Speaker 2: Is gonna surprise you. He watched. I mean, hell, he said, plenty of chances, but here will surprise which.
Speaker 6: By the way, guess who tried to take advantage of that with a rerun Saturday night Saturday Night Long when.
Speaker 2: He hosted Oh yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 6: That is their reading.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I saw that.
Speaker 4: So only two undefeated teams left. Yes, in the National Football the.
Speaker 6: Cowboys have to play both Eagles.
Speaker 4: And they get to play both of them. That's right, get to play get to play both of them?
Speaker 6: Should have been three.
Speaker 4: So Cowboys San Francisco this week and then Philadelphia's playing Minnesota. Those are the two unbeatens. And Miami got a little humble pie yesterday in Buffalo after winning seventy to twenty over Denver. They lose forty eight to twenty to the Bills yesterday.
Speaker 6: So since you brought that up, San Francisco beat Arizona thirty five sixteen. So I saw this note on the NFL Media Slate site. Rock Purdy was twenty of twenty one for two hundred and eighty three yards. Christian McCaffrey had one hundred and seventy seven years from scrimmage, one hundred and six rushing, seventy one receiving, and four touchdowns. Yep, three rushing, one receiving.
Speaker 4: Were they all red zone touchdowns?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't look at the yardage touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then I also saw this Khalil Mack Chargers right, six sacks versus Vegas tied somebody by the name of Adrian Clayburg in twenty.
Speaker 4: Seventeen who was matched up against Green Jazz Jazz Green of the cowboy Boys.
Speaker 6: That's right, and only other two other guys have had sit as many as six, Fred Deed and Derek Thomas. And Thomas has the single game record with seven sacks in nineteen ninety. About that for a lot, know that's.
Speaker 4: The single.
Speaker 2: That would be something that can look forward.
Speaker 6: Was somebody asked did you say somebody asked about his injury? Yeah, he did, he did. He did miss some snaps. They kind of held him out and then he got back into the game.
Speaker 8: So the question was should he have gone back into the game.
Speaker 6: They probably couldn't tie him down.
Speaker 4: If Micah feels like he can play, Micah can play. Let's see right.
Speaker 6: He ended up with forty four snaps. That was eighty percent of the of the game. The only ones that had more were Vanderish, Curse and Gilmour at one hundred percent, and Hooker had ninety five percent. And by the way, vandersh aside from the fumble.
Speaker 2: Recovery for the touchdown, seven tackles.
Speaker 6: He had a pretty darn good game. Fill in the hole.
Speaker 2: I saw him come through one time. He read it.
Speaker 5: It looked like a Sewan he played, and he read it very well, came over the top real well, had some help. But I don't think I've seen him approach a play, you know, freely the way he did in that play.
Speaker 2: And then that came from anticipation.
Speaker 4: That off them.
Speaker 6: First touchdown since high school. Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: Football, Hey, I don't feel I don't feel so bad.
Speaker 5: So you're talking about my inceptions no touchdowns, I don't feel so bad.
Speaker 4: Did you have any in high school?
Speaker 2: I did. I had an offensive touchdown.
Speaker 5: My first touchdown was a flag out Randy Wade second team QB baby, that was my dude against Randy Wade.
Speaker 4: Was against the Sunset Sunset.
Speaker 2: That's right, our first games.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I had some little kid on me. I lost him. I lost him, he got lost. There you go.
Speaker 6: So the Cowboys only had one sack?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yes?
Speaker 6: Two or two?
Speaker 2: Not those three?
Speaker 4: Let's see now Sam Williams had one, two and had two Sam Williams.
Speaker 6: And then follow and so Micah got shut out. But he also caused one of those interceptions with another pressure. That should be another stat You can an assist on an interception.
Speaker 4: Okay, So in addition to the quarterback pressure.
Speaker 6: Because I think he was the one that chased getting he uh an F I a force for forced interception.
Speaker 4: I is a forced interception.
Speaker 6: Because he was the one that caused mac Jones to go to the roy.
Speaker 4: You can start keeping that back.
Speaker 5: I can do it myself, but that means you have to go back to all the other stats throughout the.
Speaker 2: NFL history and give everyone else the crops, everybody up to Spain. I don't think there's enough video that's true. Okay.
Speaker 8: Producer Supreme sent me a quick note. Talked about McCaffrey earlier. His touchdowns were on the one yard line, two yard line, six yard line, and eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yard line, all in the red zone.
Speaker 8: In the red zone.
Speaker 4: The red zone touchdowns the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Technically three no No one in the game.
Speaker 4: They had four games. In four games, Producer.
Speaker 2: In the opener, right one.
Speaker 6: Pollard, Pollard had two and Turpenhead.
Speaker 4: Well, we're changing that this week against the forty nine ers. Right, yes, absolutely, they're getting that's the goal. More red zone, sir, that may be the key to victory this week. Have more red zone touchdowns than Christian McCaffrey has in the game, because they left might beat that might beat them.
Speaker 6: They left eight points on the field my books with the two field goals from twenty three yards. Okay, I have touchdowns, all right.
Speaker 4: Well that was a victory Monday edition of Mixed Shots, and I ain't got an idea. How about we have another victory Monday edition of Mixed Shines next Monday.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, we did.
Speaker 6: We get a clean sweep on our college games. Everybody want.
Speaker 4: We got one here, and let's hope we have another one next week.
Speaker 6: One here, one there.
Speaker 4: I got the big one.
Speaker 2: Everybody's victorious today.
Speaker 6: Game end so late they couldn't get it in the newspaper. I saw the gate story and.
Speaker 2: I was one of the last people at the game. I was there till almost.
Speaker 4: When it was after halftime.
Speaker 5: That's what they did. Like, man, I'm not going anywhere. This game is still intact. So it was a good game. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: I noticed that at high school games too. After the bands, that's.
Speaker 2: Each that's the battle of the bands. That's why we would kick all. Y'all all.
Speaker 6: You don't know about marching missoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can figure it out.
Speaker 4: That does it for mixed shots for this Monday. Have a great day and we will shout at you again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.