Speaker 1: Sweep. I don't think we've gotten to do that in months. Have we swept this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we remember we swept the Marlins end of May. We thought things were turning around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was our double jinks. But hey, sweep of the Cleveland Guardians A sorry excuse for a playoff baseball team. But that's the twenty twenty six American League and definitely the American League Central. Great series by the Mets will go over all the games as we always do, as well as because this post trade deadline, got to take a look in on what's been going on with some of the guys that we moved as well as we got more news about Francisco Lindor and Juan Soto and Freddie Peralta and all this stuff. Because today that ends and why and reporters now that the deadline is over, need more clicks and the Mets are the easiest way to do it. Before we get going into it, make sure you guys are subscribed to Mets stuff over here on YouTube. If you're listening to US Apple podcasts, Spotify, Google drops a rat and drops review, download and subscribe some of you who are watching on YouTube. Seriously, just go on to your phone, open up the Apple podcast thing, subscribe It helps us out automatically downloads to your phone, and Shout Out members get access to the videos early. How We Feeling James fun series to watch.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed the Mets playing baseball this week, and again we've kind of been able to take though. If you guys are still here, you're a sick of just like us, so being able to take the weight of expectations to burthen of such off our shoulders and just watch the Mets play quality baseball, Watch some good pitching from Christian Scott and Shaum and I watch the offense go crazy a few days.
Speaker 1: Watch the bullpen parade. That was a treat on Wednesday night. Yeah, I mean, I see my boy jeffreyon make his debut Shout out jeffreyon Friend of the Podcast. He's absolutely electric and we'll talk a little bit more about him. But I'll tell you this, at the absolute worst, the Mets are a little bit more fun right now. Obviously sweeping helps, but we even got some I think like quotes from Noel McLain after the game talking about everyone's a little more loose now. Guys are kind of remembering that it's about having fun, which is kind of a lame quote, but in a season where you're losing, you do sometimes have to remember that, like, go have some fun playing baseball. Winning and losing is the most important thing for their job and the security and the team. But these guys had played a lot of type baseball this year, and it doesn't feel like that right now.
Speaker 2: No, And I think, honestly kind of want to start with Jeffrey on because it was one of the biggest let's go with me. It seemed like he kind of gave them a jolt, and like, I don't know if it was a good thing.
Speaker 1: Or a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Andy Green spoke lonely about him after the game. The anecdotes about him being a roofer and I think a mover, some other manual labor job, trying to find his spot in the league. And then it turns out he's a left He throws one hundred miles per hour, which I think is really conveniently forgot in the whole thing. And then the boy to just the firestorm they came out of the bout. It like both positive and negative.
Speaker 1: It was so funny to see all of these massive takes on both sides of the coin from a twenty nine year old reliever making his major league debut on a team in last place in August. Yeah, I think the Jeffreyon story, especially like with the celebrating, it does give a little more or you get more context, and it makes it more understandable in that he was a prospect I think originally signed by the Angels. He had a bunch of arm issues. The Angels. After recovering, We're like, we're gonna send you back to the DSL for the fifth time. There was like some crazy amount of times that he was going to go back and he was like, you know what, I quit if you're just gonna sit back to the Dominican like, I'm never gonna make it to the majors. It's time for me to start getting a real job. Was playing in like basically an independent league down there, just kind of having fun play and pick up baseball and he throws one oh one that's gonna catch someone's eye. He's been a lead dom the Dominican Summer, Dominican Winter League, I'm sorry, Superstar over the last couple of years. Absolutely electric the definition of an electric factory I've been waiting for him. The Mets signed him last year. I've got receipts about saying I can't wait for Jeffrey you On to make his debut. And I gotta tell you him coming out onto the mound that was one of the most locked in moments I've had as a Mets fan this year. I was watching on my couch at home. When he got the first strikeout. I jumped out of my chair and screamed. I almost got as high as him. Don't have the athleticism, but I was absolutely amped for this guy.
Speaker 2: No, it was a fun moment, it really was. And again, just the way that it incited this kind of just solictit, this reaction from everybody, one from Mealy when happened the first jump he struck out, the player on the Guardians and all of a sudden and why great count work best and why rare time we can critical of snys production this season, This was a perfect moment where they panned over to Reese Hoskins and Austin Hedges kind of poking fun of him, and then they catch those air mirrors and the dugout kind of leaping up and down too, where his air mirrors gets like what an inch and a half off the ground at this point. But it was just funny to see all that and then to get the strikeout to get himself out of the ending and the check swing.
Speaker 1: He was in the air before we knew if it was a swing or not. He was he was absolutely It's so funny to like, even on the ground balls that went up the middle, like I think Lindor made the out to get him out of the inning or whatever. On the ground ball up the middle and you see him mid air trying to reach and grab for the ground ball, I'm like, what's gonna happen if that ball does go in your glove? Like, how are you gonna You're gonna make a play?
Speaker 2: Can you remember any other moment like this where this many people now either in the Mets world, one thing, every single mess creator Mets person was tweeting about Jeffrey on that clip went stupidly viral, and if you tweeted that, you got a hundred thousand pressions, your gradually easiest tweet ever messed up.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Shout out the intern. We got tagged in an out kick article, which is if you guys, don't know out kick, we don't really want to be tagged in their stuff. But nevertheless, everybody just had a take on Jeffrey on It's almost worthy. It's even transcended media Marvel. It's just it had to lead the show with it. Can tell you the last time that something felt this insane with the Mets, it was when we had a Latin pop star playing middle infield for US a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, And again it does get lost that Yan as one hundred mile an hour sinker.
Speaker 1: He has a decent slide like.
Speaker 2: He's he looks like he can definitely be a worthwhile left handed reliever in the league. I do think that there's going to be many instances where his celebrations do rub people the wrong way. I feel like there's going to be a time when he does possibly get hit hard, where someone does something and maybe incites something else from someone on our side. I also feel like I'm kind of worried he might get hit or he like he rolls an ankle or something.
Speaker 1: I saw someone mention that. I think he's done it enough times. He seems to be honestly an unbelievable athlete. His efforts, he's got to be able to dunk with ease. He gets up and then for him to he lands so awfully and then he hits the slide to like the Michael Jackson slide. It's got a lot of the rhythm, a lot of enthusiasm. I'm not worried about him getting ever hit. I like to believe that Jeffreyon will always be dominant and never give up a run in his life.
Speaker 2: No, I'm kind of thinking this might be like the sigh up. We've been talking about how badly this Mets team has needed a fight or like some way to come together as a team for years. Now, this is the way you make another team start.
Speaker 1: The fight with you. I think, Oh yeah, No, it's someone I mean, probably similar to that of like Reee Hoskins and Austin Hedgers is gonna take an exception to it at some point and they will be I wish, I wish I would love Jeffrey On versus Schwarber and Harper in a lineup, go just to go Schwarber, Ariaz Harper. That's like, that's dream. That's all I can think about. One of the Mets play the Phillies.
Speaker 2: Next Thursday, September seventeenth through Sunday September twentieth, if he.
Speaker 1: Is still on the team by that time, which he should be. He throws one hundred and one. There is literally zero world where Jeffrion should not be on the twenty twenty seven Mets next season. He's a lefty that throws one on one with an absolute hammer of a curveball. He can't You can't let him go. They just don't. They just don't appear like this.
Speaker 2: I guess let's just first before we finish up on Jeffrey On. I also wi you actually think about the celebration, how do you feel?
Speaker 1: I fucking love it. I absolutely love it. I think this is one of the best things that's happened to the Mets this year, which is an insane sentence. It's been a bad year. But also at the same time, if we're gonna be cool with bat flips and all that kind of stuff, and when you get a hit and on second base and you do this, which I like, I think the pitchers are allowed to clap back. And for Jeffrey On, I've seen him in the lead dom get smacked. He doesn't care. It doesn't affect anything with him. He's like, you gotta hit off me, do it. I think if you take exception to this, you're a loser. Truthfully, have some fun. Like I saw people on Twitter telling me they were like a complete clown show. I'm like, the Mets are sixteen games under five hundred, the dude is making his major league debut. Five years ago he was laying tar Like, I feel like he can kind of do whatever the fuck he wants and if you have a problem with it, turn off the TV. Definitely, I'm excited for the more takes we get out of this. Even like again, the article that our tweet was sadly used and says something about like the cockiest player in baseball.
Speaker 2: That's not what this is. I really again taking exception whoever he does whatever. If you feel that way, I apologize, But it just seems like he's feeling joy on the mound. It just seems like that's the way he is. I won't say he's not showing the other person up. He's definitely a little bit, but inadvertently it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, big bath Flip's always gonna show up the guy too, Like it doesn't matter it is. I don't think he's doing it to show you up. That's why I think that's the difference.
Speaker 2: Yes, definitely, and even just jumping around that bullpen parade on Wednesday now Surtin's masterclass from to Daniel nunia Is to Chase McDermott for two, to Daniel Duarte for the save, as Devin Williams arm fatigue.
Speaker 1: We felt like it was like a soft tank operation. There zero ear runs.
Speaker 2: The only reason that Daniel Nunias gave up the runs to give the Guardians the lead momentarily was Carson Benz just completely boothing a fly ball line drive.
Speaker 1: But that I mean Jared Young had the error early on too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was wasn't that scotton the mount? Then Bench just dropped the fly ball in right field?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Well was it? No pashe made the play. I thought Jared Young made the error at first base on a ground ball to start the ending. He made it right there.
Speaker 2: But I remember Bench just flubbing one. Pasche had dropped the one later and he caught the next one. He slapped his own glove.
Speaker 1: This is just wasn't wasn't on bench?
Speaker 2: She didn't get their It's fine, Oh really okay whatever there, but that was hilarious to watch, especially, I thought McDermott looked good. Keith was talking about his fastball. I think had good life. I like the color he was throwing strikes. He got the forty pitches, so it seems like he's going to be someone that could be stretched out from multiple innings. I'm I'm excited to watch who from this chaos bulp and actually proved themselves enough to go into next year with a confident role.
Speaker 1: Debnie Yell Danniello's back. He was throwing ninety eight and he didn't look fat. I was happy about that. Definitely less fat, still little fat, definitely less fat.
Speaker 2: And again he had to deal with some adversity and he still got out of that with three hits and two runs. Two strikers, so only took the twenty pitches like he was just round the zone. It was very nice to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I feel like I remember Yon the hits that came up against him. I'm like, man, these are just find the hole. They're not even hit well. I felt like with Dannielle too. It wasn't like he was getting pieced up, so I was glad to see that he was back looking good. I really liked what we saw at Chase McDermott, and then Daniel Duarte just keeps getting the job done every single time he's called upon. Dwarte came in also for some big outs on Tuesday Night. He just he kind of just has stuff.
Speaker 2: He uses his span really well, like he's just very sweeper color reliant, but it works really like.
Speaker 1: He's just he's on the ball. I feel very comfortable him on the mound right now. I feel like, let me just double check before I say this, So I think the last time, like the way that the Mets found him was he was basically playing in Mexicxican League Duarte, which, like Duarte, was a guy who was out of baseball for a while in terms of like professional baseball, he was playing in Mexico or I should say affiliated baseball. Jeffery Jon was a guy who was out of affiliated baseball for a big chunk of time. Danielle Nuniaz has a crazy story of how he's become a major league baseball player. This was like a complete and utter how did we find these guys that are all pitching?
Speaker 5: Here for parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year. There's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools. K twelve powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Todfather take it away.
Speaker 6: Hey, if you're a busy family, K twelve is where it's at. I've had a couple of my children who've been home schooled. K twelve has every opportunity to make your child better and smarter as they move forward in their academic career.
Speaker 5: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family, at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve powered schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve serving three million students and counting.
Speaker 2: I mean, do we can even get deeper looking into this bullpen in terms of where they've come from, like Kodasanga all the way back was into what the instructional league in Japan.
Speaker 1: And also he looked really goodn't relief, He did look really good relief.
Speaker 2: There was a moment on Tuesday netwhere I was like, ah, but then brought us back together on Thursday.
Speaker 1: He looks like this could be the perfect role for.
Speaker 2: Koda Sanga, which is really nice and made that contract always makes sense. Way back when I was like, why is the guy getting sold little money? Oh, this is why I think Chase mcderm with also my ppiece. I liked Nate Lavender messing around.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: I love that he's messing around. Look a crafty lefty to go off of Jeffrey on. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: So Andrew from our softball team, his dad who we've met, his big Mets nerd. He texted him during the game, is the guy have a new favorite color?
Speaker 1: Lavender? Nice great line right there. Now before I forget, Sam has been begging me to shout out his friend in the podcast forever. So Noah, if you're friends with Sam, this is for you. Shout out. Sam asked me every single game. I always forget.
Speaker 2: But now Captain as talking about right now brought the back of my head. This is this team right now? Was how was how quick that it's ollo? They still suck.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're still terrible, but they're not as bad as the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 2: No, it definitely not as bad as they would be winning the al Central, of course, but it's very fun to watch the chaos unfold in a day by day basis and watch them play, like you said.
Speaker 1: Much looser, Yeah, much looser. Much more fun with the idea. And again, the way that I'm watching every single game is I'm not particularly concerned about the wins and losses. I am seeing who is gonna possibly be here for twenty twenty seven that can make an impact on the team next year. Because, regardless of what you think at home watching this or listening to this in your car, the Mets are not rebuilding. It will be trying to get pieces to make this team competitive and be a playoff team in twenty twenty seven. Whether that's the right plan or not, that's not what we're talking about here. That's what they're going to do. So yeah, I like when I see this weird, funky lefty that throws one hundred and one. But then we also have Nate Lavender who's throwing a bunch of junk at you, and they're both getting soft contact. I love seeing that. I love seeing Daniel Duarte get outs, Chase McDermott. I can't wait to see some of the other funky, crazy names that we see get called up at some point this year. Even like Jared Young's a ballplayer man, Jared Young is really a solid player, and I think had the Mets not had the departure of Pete Alonzo, I think that Jared Young would be a lot more of a fan favorite. I think their ops's are like separated by thirty points. Don't look right now.
Speaker 2: I think that even with the you know everything can happened with p Alonzo, I still think Mets fans have come around on Jared Young in an amazing way. I do think he left a bad taste in people's mouth last year, just because in this short stint he had he was very, very, just not productive with all. He plays hard every single day. He's become a favorite of Keith and Gary's too, Like they talk about him like this guy's a real baseball player. He's if you if you use Jared Young in the right situations, which is making sure he never takes the play the appearance against a left handed pitcher like he's going to be about twenty percent better than thelegue average. And if you have a proper platoon in place, which by all means I guess theoretically should be Mark Fiento's, but I don't know if that.
Speaker 1: Ever will be. Give me Wagaman instead. Wagga made a nice little play on Thursday too. But can we talk about viendos for a second, real quick? What about them? Do you think he's gonna get a shot when he comes back off the isle or do you think he goes right to dfad.
Speaker 2: No, he gets one more shot and more shot, and he might get not tendered if he doesn't play well for like the last like four weeks that he has.
Speaker 1: But cool, just that's what I wanted to ask. Young has put himself in position where he does feel like a guy who not only will be.
Speaker 2: Here next year, but should be here next year. Every single thing about him as a hitter, he takes professional at bad. He's a good athlete, hits the ball hard, hits the ball in the air like.
Speaker 1: He he's not I'm never gonna tell you who's a cat over there at first base. But he actually has good defensive metrics at first base this year. I think they're completely average. I thought he was like a three OAA guy.
Speaker 2: I think he's like a zero and also like basically negative one DRS.
Speaker 1: I don't care about drs. I'm an OA man. He's back to zero. He's back to zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just hangs around where he has to be. Again, he's not he's not a cap. He's not a butcher. That's totally fine from a first basement when you can actually hit and you're used properly inside of the right platoon like he's he's good. You want to hear a real evil, hateful stat that someone sent me on Twitter today, Please, I love that, So shout out Will.
Speaker 1: He's big an NBA t with there Will NBA. Hey, there is his name. It's a picture of more, picture of more than nets.
Speaker 2: Hat is is biable. He loves the Mets, loves the Pods. So Will, this is your shout out. Ben Rice ops. Since Aaron Judge went down seven sixty six, Jared Young ops on the season seven sixty six.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I really like that a lot.
Speaker 2: How hateful is that I did again, I didn't say. That's a shout out to Will for throwing that one in here. I would never say his stat like that on this show, but Will have you tweeted it? Because I will be throwing you a retweet after this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he should tweet that one.
Speaker 2: But there or if we'll want something DM that'll be messed up, messed up, will take that one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's electric, that's so sick. We should probably start leaning into that on mets up Social of just like very much cherry picking stats.
Speaker 2: Cherry picking stats and making other fan bases anchors works well with this podcast.
Speaker 1: Like Marcus Simeon over his last one game, give his ops because he was incredible today, and then be like show hey Otani, oh for yeah right, Marcus Simeon.
Speaker 2: Marcus Simons actually has a chance to drag himself to a six fifty ops.
Speaker 1: I mean it took a one not getting out on Thursday. What did you got? Six thirty three's up to there? Yeah, three for four and he walked one time. He's getting there.
Speaker 2: If we took Bobaschett versus Marcus Simeon ops, and then the spread is forty and a half right now, it's thirty eight and a half right now is thirty eight difference for the and a half rest of season. Where do you take that difference.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna take Bobaschett. I'm gonna take the over just simply because he's just gonna get more hits. That's just how it's gonna be. Like Marcus Simin having a two to fourteen probably can't get up to two thirty and Boba Chet probably doesn't get below two fifty again. And Bobachhet, if he doesn't have to really run, he will get those extra base hits. But he's gonna give you more. Last few days that that tenth inning was that I couldn't believe that he's gotta be one of the worst athletes on the baseball field at any given moment. So here's another one. Right now, Marcus Simion has a six thirty three ops, Louis Rentz six fifty nine. That's twenty six point difference, twenty one and a half. Who do you take. I'm gonna take Simeon because Louis Trenz does not get to play in Cleveland the rest of the year. And I'll tell you what Louis Trenz really has a swing made for Yankee sym if only they only they had him once or maybe made an attempt to trade for him again. I'm sure they did call. I'm surprised they didn't take it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess to them they were like, Austin will still plays good defense, Ali Sanchez, he's not trying to throw the ball into the outfield. Still plays good defense. Like that's probably all that one is. We've we've gotten you guys here fifteen minutes. Do you want to talk about want Son, Francisco Indor now, yes, just quickly. An article from Horey Castillo for ESPN said that there was a meeting early this season.
Speaker 1: He said, no, he said in June. In June, that's what I thought. I read, Oh, come back, come back, come back. I'm gonna I'm gonna take a look. You keep saying, though you keep saying.
Speaker 2: But there was a meaning that was orchestrated by Freddie Peralta to clear the air between Juan and so then Francisco Lindor allegedly it helped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we also have like some interesting things. It was in June, by the way, it says je which seems like really late. That seems crazy red right past that. So Lindor acknowledged that the meeting took place, but downplayed its magnificance. It's more of a conversation like we always have with our group of Latinos, Lindor said in Spanish, but I don't want to comment on the details. Sodo denied a meeting happened, before confirming that the relationship between him and Lindora has improved this season. Sodo said in Spanish, there was no meeting, no discussion. This year has been better. We've gotten along very well. We learned from each other. I mean, I hate that this stuff keeps coming out.
Speaker 2: I don't know why these details continue to come out. It's odd that this came out even after praul To left the team. I do wonder now when we kind of what's it called suspected this a month and a half ago when Mendoza left, not the insinuating this could have been Mendoza, but just now that a clubhouse that clearly are a team that was really really big disappointment in the first half of the season has been jettisoned in every single direction.
Speaker 1: We probably still will get lots of crumbs like this as we continue forward. Oh, I think so, and like even Cohen's comments, which I'll talk about here in a second. Two. There were some names that were unnamed in this article because it did happen apparently in June for the two stars to vent and work through their disconnect Sources tell ESPN about the meeting. It was as men, not as baseball players, an unnamed source said, and then Steve Cohen, talking about it, said, I don't see them going anywhere, which was on that was on the show. Yeah, well, no, this is this is different. This is not on the show. Oh, this is in the article. Steve Cohen said, I don't see them going anywhere. And frankly, I think that's a story that was last year's story and that I'm actually told and believed strongly.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that was that was from John Haymen. It saysn't the passer said for that, Yeah, it was an issue that has improved. In a podcast interview with The New York Post, so oh on July.
Speaker 1: First, I didn't read that part, but it is interesting if that meeting did happen in June, and then maybe that's why it was more friend of mine for Cohen on July first, we were like, why did you say this would make more sense? Because he was just probably instructed that it happened.
Speaker 2: I again shout out Freddy Peralta. I won't want to say a bad thing about him. A lot of Mets fans are gonna hate him forever. He pitched like shit when he was on this team, but he seemed like a good guy. And the guy's a decent trade package back. So again also louse. He got Rockin's for a start with the Raised in course Field, so no big deal in courts Field. But I thought it was interesting that this are came out. I want to know the exact time this came out. It was came out at seven fifty am on August fifth. Yes, this that all morning on Wednesday night. Francisco Lindor looked a shelle of himself on the baseball not look good. And I don't know if it's weird homecoming with Cleveland, but he's played in Cleveland before. I never played particularly well there, but it's never really been something that I've noticed specifically. But he just had some of the worst at bats I've ever seen Francisco Lindor have as a met in that game, and then he wakes up on Wednesday on Thursday and just lights the world on fire again. But that was being Francisco Lindoor. I didn't know correlation not equal causation. I have no way of ever knowing telling whatever those two things were lated, But my eyes told me something was happening there.
Speaker 1: It feels like this team is still desperately looking for a leader. And I don't think that leadenity is Francisco Lindoor. I don't think that leader is wam Soto. I think that's okay. I think not every person is a leader. I think a bigger issue seems to be that also the manager was not a leader while he was here, and I think that's become extremely extremely evident, not all and how that's have played significantly better since he's left, as well as the fact that it seems like these guys are a lot more loose and relaxed since Carlos Mendoza left, not because Carlos played signif Philly better since he left. Yeah, they've played better. They just put out They just swept the Guardians who were in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So that was after the CUB series, right that Mendoza got fired. Yeah, it was that Friday morning, June twenty sixth, before the weekend series with the Phillies.
Speaker 1: That sounds good to me. Sounds good, right, did Steve Cohen talked to Hayman in them right after Mendoza got fired. I really thought it was that Cubs thing, because that Cub's four game sweep after like the embarrassment in Philly that Saturday. It's a really easy way to find out June sixth. It was June twenty sixth. Yeah, there were thirty four and forty seven when he got fired, but that's can't confirmed when he got fired. That's confirmed when he got fired. Mets fired their manager on June twenty six following a thirty four and forty seven starts of the season, and right now sixteen nineteen. Since that's way better base back. It's not good. I'm not saying it's good baseball, but then from atrocious such as regular bad, which to be fair, like those teams play that kind of baseball for the entire year and you have a couple of hot streaks that's why you make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that is it. Other things from this series we're good. We're good at the f Lindorso converce.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, now I'm done with it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Other things from the series, I guess just talk about the pitchers, trum and I was throwing ninety five miles an hour on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Don't look at his whip from the game. He somehow allowed twelve base runners, five walks, seven hits, and six innings and still got the win.
Speaker 2: Let's go Mets got big time swing and miss. He hit those that ninety five in the first or second inning. I was just like working on the side while looking at watching the game. I could feel the one whoa.
Speaker 1: Do you think he went, Holy shit? What happened? Probably? Damn nice? I'm back. Did you hear? Maybe maybe the balls were reduced? Because Carlos by Erga apparently is the Guardians Spanish broadcast. On the Spanish broadcast, it was claiming that he felt like the Mets had quirked bats this series. That's a wild accusations.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 1: Maybe he watched Louis transnack that home. Well, I think that's why.
Speaker 2: I mean Carson bench Put won four fifty to straight Away Center in Cleveland, which never ever good. Ever happens Bench is done, Heather should we should go there for a little bit. I do want to have again. I want you guys to help us out because we're gonna have to come out coming out. A lot more podcasts rest this season, and I don't think a lot of people just want to hear about these games over and over again. So we're gonna do a mailbag probably next week at some point soon. I want someone out there to ask the question about who has the higher ceiling, Carson, Bench or aj Ewings. I think it's a fascinating discussion.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Interesting. I don't don't give an opinion. I right now, I won't give an opinion. I'll get that one in the back of my head Bill Suspense save that for the people. But Bench has been just ripping hot.
Speaker 2: We're seeing the power come in a bigger way, I think than we've seen it any other time during his rookie season.
Speaker 1: It's honestly amazing that he was three for thirty two, three for thirty one to start his career. It's fascinating. He nearly has a two seventy average right now.
Speaker 2: He's he's definitely gonna have not definitely, but he's he's pacing to still put up a three win season as a rookie when he still kind of looks a little bit funky in the outfield at times. Made another great throw in this series, like he is just a phenomenal baseball player and someone that should hit in the middle of this lineup and play right field every single day for a very, very very long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That home run that he hit to that to left center, like this four fifty. I was like, oh my god, can can he hit thirty home runs a year? Because like, that's not a ball that any but Righty's lefties put the ball out there. That doesn't happen in Cleveland. Can you go twenty twenty as a rookie? I think he can. I really do. I could see six more homers, six or six more now, so I can. I think it's totally within the realm of possibility. I guess just the stolen bases, baby d he's three. It's easy. It got that next week, Yeah, I know. But the Mets, I feel like they haven't been running much. Kai Correa, who was a coach with Cleveland for a while.
Speaker 2: He apparently he went up to Andy Green specifically, it was like players don't hit home runs there. That's not I've never really seen that one before.
Speaker 1: Now, I also will say this, Cleveland during the time that Kaikre was there, had like a good hitter. So yeah, Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 4: This is that time of year. AJ. It is Baseball's time to shine, and it is Sea geeks time to shine with MLB tickets and find the best pricing, seating and games that are even sold out available on sea Geek.
Speaker 7: Absolutely if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up. We have Yankees clubs coming up. Where's Yankees red Sox? That means stuff. Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here in the as the penachases really heat up. Go to se can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you.
Speaker 5: They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 5: Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 2: Especially shout out to a specific Guardian this series, because again, this team played bad, un inspired baseball on hell Now had one of the most fun debuts.
Speaker 1: I think I've ever seen. It was just crazy. He made like what two errors, but also had four hits in his first four at BET's first ever four.
Speaker 2: Hit debut for the Cleveland franchise history. He played third base position. He's played a little bit in the minor leagues, but seems like he's just gonna spell Jose Ramirez, whose hands is still a little irritated from the handmade surgery, hits from both sides of the plate, has to go ahead hit, slapped it down the line.
Speaker 1: He looks like a fun little ball player.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For a team that has very very few capable Major League Baseball players, he seems like he's at least going to be one of them. Two seconds, let me shit on the guardians there. It's a real shame that there's this whole talk about lockout and the Dodgers ruining baseball, this or that whatever it's gonna be and then you have teams like the Cleveland Guardians who choose to be cocks of Major League Baseball and let everybody else around them get good baseball players while they continue to run out absolute trash at almost every single position every single game, and they'll make the playoffs because the American League Central is a joke. I think this is the strongest I've ever felt for realignment of the divisions. Yeah, you can relign, you're gonna do I don't know, add two teams, give me expansion, then realign. Did the Athenians do that where they had they split up Athens into like, gotta know, I don't know this, You're you're Greek. Just because I'm Greek doesn't mean to know ancient Greek the rules of ancient Greece.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they split up their their go government into three sections. There was different alignments where there was ten city or urban, then there were ten like the theoretical ancient suburban, and at ten either rural or coastal or island, and every single district you had one of each. So you guys all had to agree even though you had different wants, likes, and interest. And then you have to bring those to I don't know if they called There's Parliament or whatever it was, but you couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's just it's it's perverse watching this Guardian's team play, because like Patrick Bailey might be the worst hitter in Major League Baseball and he had a couple of hits in his OPS is still five point fifty four, which is his OPS is closer to mine than it is, I think to wam sodos, which is insane to say out loud. I think it's a little close to one so's and this t horse. But the point, the point still stands there, and is you want to know anything about the shortcomings of the American League Central. The twenty twenty six New York Mets are ten to two against the American League Central, depending two MT's have a fifth of their wins against the American League Central. Mess lost one game to.
Speaker 2: The Twins in late April early May. The Knicks were playing the Hawks when that series was going on, and they lost one game to the Royals, and they.
Speaker 1: Swept the Tigers and they swept the Guards. It was that the game Tyler Tolbert like had like seven more hits to continue twelve in a row or whatever it was. Yeah, I mean, like, it's just the Guardians suck. They're so bad. If this team makes if this team makes the playoffs and does anything like this is why the Yankees get to go to the Alcs every single year. They get to play the fucking Guardians or the Twins, teams that actively have no interest in winning. Do you remember the last time the Yankees won a five or seven game playoff series against the team that was not in the American Central It was Bucks Show Walters Orioles or Bucks Show Walters Orioles. I think I think I was like in someone from our high school's basement watching that game. I think I think it was like a first year of college maybe. Actually I think it was twenty third. You're right, that's what I'm saying. I think I was in someone's basement watching that game. Jesus, oh my god.
Speaker 2: But again this it's also funny that the Mets rocked Foster Griffin on Thursday. Freddy Praulton got smacked around his Ray's debut, Casey Might's got beat up his Doddrey's debut. Like all of these deadline pitchers. They took these flights, uncomfortable in the hotel room. It's not really getting theirself together yet. Odd odd. Seriously, the Mets, it really just was top to bottom Traine, I want to talk about Christians got quick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it looks great.
Speaker 2: Fastball was ridiculous. He ran into trouble, the command got a little walky on him. I thought he just also kind of got some bad, bad ball luck in that fourth and fifth. I think I thought he's battled especially well in the fourth to leave an inning with one run. When he went, it was like what walk double single to start the inning. Yeah, really grit the teeth and got through it. He just you watch him pitching like it feels so close to like an unbelievable level of click.
Speaker 1: I absolutely loved what the Mets did in the fourth inning with Christian Scott. Was the fourth or the fifth, whichever one it was where there was all the lefties coming up and they had yan ready to go to come in and they were like, you gotta get through it. Like fifth, young fella. In the fifth they're like, you gotta get through it. Man up, be that guy. This these are your last pictures of the day, So we don't care what it takes. You have to get through it in a season that's going to be lost in terms of team success. That is a way where you can develop Christian Scott and make him into such a dog. You can get through this. It's gonna be easy sailing for you, a big fella.
Speaker 2: He did that too in the fourth where the lefties were getting around on him really well. Just it was not the best night for the cover and after that saw the fastball a time or two, they were getting around on it. Betther, he broke off and again this is not the world be either, but he broke off such a ridiculous backdoor sweeper the PD halp and it was closed like perfect spot of that. He just he knows how to walk the tight rope and he knows how to let the stuff play. It's just it's going to be a teeny tweak here and there. This is someone that should again be in this rotation for a long time. Someone'm happy to see do it.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about Rookie of the year. Yeah, let's talk about rookie of the year. I mean, there's a pretty good chance that the Mets have the top three.
Speaker 2: I think three of the top four or four. Three of the top five, but I don't know about the top three. I mean, why JJ Weatherhole has stunk it up?
Speaker 1: Now he has.
Speaker 2: But I do think that we have a lot of war bros out there, and we have a lot of the you know, the Cardinals have the vibe and the Cardinals the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Rookie this and that. And he's going to have a five win season on the books over rating second based defense.
Speaker 2: Probably, But at the same time, he's going to have a five win season on the books, it's gonna come with something like nineteen home runs, sixteen stolen bases. What if that ops has a six there's no way, Well he can't. It's seven year, seven thirty nine, you could drop. It's possible. That would have to really dropped a lot already it has.
Speaker 1: I think it would.
Speaker 2: He would need to have like a one oh two WYC plus for because we're gonna have to work with the same kind of analytical voters here where it's going to be like a five win season but the league average bat yes, and that those two things are gonna clash with each other, and that's what the decision is going to me.
Speaker 1: With Nolan McLain, we had higher batting average.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, But that's what I'm saying, Like, I don't know if the old school voters are going to roll with this profile.
Speaker 1: They really don't. Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see because McClain is pitching like the best rookie in the National League, at least right now, because the American League have Parker Messick, who they got us to see him. And then Christian Scott's also still rookie eligible I think right now, so he technically is also I believe, so, oh my god, I believe Christian Scott is low key rookie eligible. I could be wrong, but I feel like I have that somewhere in my brain. So what could happen though, is that South Stewart will just hit their of the home runs and that would be the annoying thing. That could be the one that happens right there. But then again, Carson benj goes twenty twenty to seventy. Yeah, this could be a very split. Could be big plurality in the Rookie the Year ballot this season. What happens if we get co Rookies of the Year. How does that work for PPI? It's such a good question don't know that'd be sick. Let's get a three way tie to me, Scott rookie eligible? Did you make that up? No? I think he is.
Speaker 2: I don't see Zaxy sack thorn On here. I don't see Christian Scott.
Speaker 1: I thought he didn't throw enough innings that first year, but maybe he had enough service time because he got injured the major league team. Because he only threw forty seven I don't see him as rookie eligible. Uh, fifty innings pitched about forty five total days as an active Major leaguer that could have been.
Speaker 2: That was so he might have been under the innings pitch. So okay, definitely is because he's not he's not rookie, all right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Hand up shange Rowan also could be in. I don't know how it works for guy like Foster Griffin who got traded leagues. Oftentimes Rookie of the Year candidates don't get traded.
Speaker 1: He's done, he's out.
Speaker 2: Oftentimes they're also not twenty nine years old and they come from the MPB.
Speaker 1: Or is he thirties? He thirty?
Speaker 3: Had?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: The PPI has to do with calls up there longs anyway, right, So yes, so it's a it'll be a fun race. But I do think that Nolan McLain again with the bad Star's command, was not very good. He's doing weird stuff between the fastball and the sinker right now. But just get himself to the three five VRA and like two hundred total strikeers will be very hard not to win that award.
Speaker 1: I think he's got it. I think he's got a pretty good shot. Now it's time to preview the next series. Also want shot out Placo. That was three hundred eight three hundred, three hundred swings. Now I've been getting uh Polanco tiktoks where he just rips call of duty like all night. He's a huge call of duty guy. He plays. It's him, Nico Goodrum and some random dude that sounds like like who like makes TikTok c lips It's it's electric. Horri Polanco's talking about like he needs to play well. His wife's watching him. If he doesn't play well, he's not getting late tonight. I thought that was hilarious. He's talking about baseball or call of duty, call of duty. I was gonna say, if it's baseball, he's probably backed up. I no no, he said, I don't know. He was like, he was like, oh, my wife's watching me. Like if I don't play, well, I'm not getting late. So I'm like, this is crazy. This is on the internet, all right, Pirates series previou. Oh, we're playing my Pirates. We're gonna have to do it to him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to keep playing spoiler for these landlocked teams, because why not at this point and we have this is a pitching series right for these matchups.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Friday and Saturday, guys again, six forty star time. Make sure you set your clock. Don'tait till seven to ten. You'll miss the first inning Friday night. This one hits close home to you. Zach Thorin against Carmen Lozinski, Majinski, Majinsky, Yeah, just get just get rid of the spelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Maginsky. Saturday. Bit of an ace off here. This is like, this is laboratory baseball, Robert Stock versus Bubba Chandler. That is what I want those two guys to trade jerseys after the games.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to watch. That's my favorite league right now. Sunday Mattinee one thirty five. This is this is I don't know what to call this one. Sean and I versus Jared Jones, oh Man, very different guys.
Speaker 1: They couldn't be more different, honestly, Shaman, I could like put this put his elbow in Jerry Jones's head, and Jerry Jones will throw fastball at seven miles an hour harder. That's so fun. New and improved Pittsburgh Pirates were with their completely revamped bullpen. You see Luke Weaver talking about like getting trades tough, like he's like, he's I'm kind of sad.
Speaker 2: He's also he's looking New York for a while now, Yeah, a couple of years. Yeah, And he signed I think specifically to make sure you can stay in New York. Smellulator, But I mean this Pirate's bullpen. I give him a lot of credit for getting just to count it out loud.
Speaker 1: One to three.
Speaker 2: Four new relievers currently in the major league bullpen, and they've also stashed Brandon Isisert right now in Triple A. So five new pitchers that could be pitching in relief for the team the rest of the year. All acquired the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: Which I mean they needed it. Their bullpen is obnoxiously bad. This is monoxiously bad.
Speaker 2: This Pirates team also has not played great lately. No team is really trying to distinguish themselves as if they're a wildcard spot in either league.
Speaker 1: I think I would say, no, it's becoming like who's gonna be the best of the worst at this point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My prediction on the windup was bull predict for the trade deadline to the seller would reach the playoffs in one of the leagues?
Speaker 1: Do we have? Is there a seller right now? It's getting close? I mean, I watch out for the Tigers, just watch out for the Tigers, watch out for the Reds are like only like a couple games behind the Pirates right now too, which is kind of funny. But here's the thing that the Nationals again too. Yeah, Pirates did a big juju good juju thing. Marcelo Zuna smelluo later, he's gone. I'm very happy for that one.
Speaker 2: But the the Pirates now over the last few weeks have lost the series to the Cubs, lost series. The Diamondbacks lost three out of four to the Reds and just lost three out of four to the Brewers. Yeah, I mean, it just seems like they are very much in that middle tier, and those kind of results against the teams that feel like a slight tier above them just kind of cements that even more. Also, losing Ryan O'Hearn definitely hurt this lineup. I know, Zmrilin Valdez and even Andy Rodriguez, who's now been healthy, have been filling in really well.
Speaker 1: Andy's that's my guy. Dude that Andy for a minute.
Speaker 2: Anddhday's been hitting so well. He had last week he had two home runs and four stalln bases.
Speaker 1: Dude's a beast. He's very very good.
Speaker 2: The Pirates also right now, I don't know how to explain it. I don't even know how to talk about it. Paul Skeens has sucked.
Speaker 1: He's been better, although didn't he like get throw one hundred foot the first time in like a year and a half, like in his last start.
Speaker 2: Well, so he pitched on Wednesday night against the Brewers on ESPN against Kyle Harrison Big Game, and it was his first time at ten starts that he threw two pitches that were at least that were over ninety eight miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's, uh, something's up there him.
Speaker 2: His last seven stars six point one four ERA the Pirates are three and twelve in his last fifteen starts and second straight Star Wars walked four bathers and watching and covering that game for real world, the command of his fastball was abysmally bad, and I was a little bit scared watching but it did look like it. But just knowing where those philosophy breathings have been and then where his command was, especially his fastball is about thirty percent zone, right, Yeah, he had to to go away from the pitch as a fastball. I wonder if he's looking at the gun and he's trying to reach back and get it and he's overthrown and he's missing a spot. Like after the game, he's incredibly I don't know, he looked like like sullenly.
Speaker 1: He was like, I can't. I have to be better than this, Like for this team to be like this is on me. I will be better. I need to be better. I mean, he's got a near for ra right now, which feels absolutely insane to say out loud. I mean, honestly, if I got ruffed up by the twenty twenty six Mets start the season, I also probably would be a little fucked in the head. Yeah, right, and then we're.
Speaker 2: Not seeing Braxton Ashcraft this series as well. He seems like he said the Wall throughing the most innings of his career has not been a very good month and a half for him.
Speaker 1: Right now is.
Speaker 2: Pirates team need to get right series, and usually the twenty twenty six mets are perfect for a get right moment.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna make him work for it. I really wish we could have played the Pirates earlier in the year because I hate to do this to them, but we're just gonna have to walk in there and sweep them. I mean, the message suddenly, the Central Killers.
Speaker 2: We're gonna walk into any landlocked, stay state or stadium, and we're we're gonna try and win that series.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tell you how you're the fly By state that you are. For FRANKI Peppers, give me some Frankie peppers to end this. So Frankie sent me a voicemail last night. Okay, So I don't know if he just didn't know when the series was ending or what was going on.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe he was hitting the juice. Maybe it was in the Jews. We're gonna see what's going on with Frankie. Maybe it's just too excited. Knew what was gonna happen. We had we had two, We got two from Frankie. You know I'm gonna give Frankie both of these? Yeah, why not last night one o'clock in the morning thirty seconds and today four thirty forty five seconds.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear that one am one. Here comes Rak, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: This is Frankie Pepper's hate though, and I leaving you a message on on late Wednesday evening because I'm getting I'm getting some mortal surgery tomorrow and I don't know if.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be able to talk no way.
Speaker 3: So take gentleman, is take carry your teeth and tell me about Tell me about a time when you're grateful for your teeth, because I'm I'm gonna have for fewer of them when you are listening to this message. Boys, okay, take carry yourselves.
Speaker 1: Let's go back. Takes a gentleman. If we got a wisdom tooth high off his ass message. I'm going to piss myself. I think we might. Because we have forty five seconds and four thirty today, Please be please be off the shit.
Speaker 4: Here comes Franky, gentlemen, this is Frankie peppers Hagen.
Speaker 1: Don't I got a nice little gift today.
Speaker 3: I got the gift of four of my teeth no longer in my face. They would give me some trouble, gentlemen. So I'm on the mend and I got to watch a nice game out of it, and very special lady got me some nice ice cream coffee ice.
Speaker 1: Cream from across the streets.
Speaker 3: It was very very nice. Boys. I hope you doing well. Hope you having a lovely, lovely Thursday. My hot tache is get your wisdom tooth removed early. I waited and I paid for it. So, gentlemen, my question this week is what are your favorite teeth? Your personal favorite teeth in your own mouths? All right, gentlemen, thank you, let's go mets.
Speaker 1: All right, but first one, what's the times you're grateful for your teeth? Grateful for my teeth?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Peter Luger steak. Yeah, I was gonna say every night when I eat dinner. Yes, I love I love food, I love eating. Yeah. Likewise, I'll think his favorite tooth favorite teeth gotta be the molars, right, I like them. I kind of like my front teeth. I was like, I like my front teeth, but this, this is the the engine of the mouth right here. The molars gets the work done. Yeah, then the front teeth get all the credit. The mollers get the work because everyone says, oh, what a beautiful smile. Nobody sees the molars. The molars are doing the hard work. Blue, we've both chipped the tooth, right, Yeah, I chipped. I chipped the front tooth. Yeah, I just went to right here. I'm also anti dentist. Mark is anti dentite, and I don't know about dentit. I don't know the sidephono joke. Is it really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 2: I can't find a dentist in the city. I've been looking for dentists in my coverage. I have no idea how to do it.
Speaker 1: I sure it was held out. What was your what was your last dental visit? I owe my dad a dentist visit as a birthday present for Yeah, as a birthday present to my dad. I'm supposed to dentist if you just brush your teeth every day. When was the last time we went to a dentist? Oh, before COVID Wait, like twenty nineteen nineteen, probably yeah, seven years ago. You was the last time you saw a dentist. The teeth are pristine.
Speaker 2: You've never seen a dentist and Steve Cohen mets Era, No, you might be the problem I go. I've gone to orthodontists. I'll go orthodontist all day. Tell me about my teeth, tell me how they're fitting in my mouth.
Speaker 1: If my teeth, what are you doing for? What northodonosis doing for you? After your return fifteen years old, I got the metal bar in my mouth. I got to make sure that. You gotta make sure the permanent retainer is good. Listen to teeth don't hurt. I brushed twice a day. I'll do some mouth wash every once in a while. That's how you take care of your mouth. You flows, of course, not who flow everyone. Anyone who says they floss is a fucking liar sometimes, but it definitely not consistently.
Speaker 2: Any dentist not true. If any dentist is listening, I lost all the time.
Speaker 1: Mark does too. Marco is a dentist every other year, not once, not once, every ten, every seven. That's crazy. You're gonna I can't wait for the comments. Let you know about that. It's gonna be electric. But good teeth. It's not like they're yellow or anything. No, not bad. They did do pretty well. But you guys can let's stowe down the common section. It's the last time you went to the dentist. Have you beat me? I fucking hope, so I would hope. So subscribe to mess stuff over here on YouTube. If you're listening to this Apple podcast, Spotify, Google Drops the Ring Drops, review, download and subscribe. You can follow James on social media at Jamesiana And if you're a dentist, hit him up. He's looking for someone in the city, looking for the city. You can follow me at draftneck Mark. Maybe we'll do a live episode from the Dentist. We'll get our teeth worked out and we'll record there. Thank you guys for watch. We'll catch you on the next one. Peace out, guys called Mets.