Speaker 1: It's Brig and Jeffrey in the morning, a brand new second date today. I'm laughing because we never return a return guest. She was definitely a surprise to us, and yes, maybe one of the most hated people we've ever had on the show. Disliked it's a nicer way to say it, but maybe hated now, Yes, just listen to the whole thing and yesterday's awkward Tuesday about not a pregnancy surprise, not a BBL surprise, definitely a.
Speaker 2: Lot of comments. What do you see, alexis?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Logan commented and said I knew it was going to be good when I saw the title, and then he replied to himself and has said had to reply after I heard the word BBL.
Speaker 4: A bunch of emojis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we got OMG, this was the most hilarious awkward call ever. It's hard to make me actually, lol, but I loled on this one. O. Yet another another ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Hard watch, but worth it, A hard watch, Yeah, awesome, Yeah, hard listen for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well, thank you so much for being here. Definitely let us.
Speaker 1: Know how you feel about this one, Oh doozy, and it starts right now.
Speaker 4: Second date up dated. I think for most guys in the dating world, and this isn't universally true, but I think a lot of men are pretty lazy when it comes to dating. Really, you're just kind of coasting along, having fun, meeting, ghosting, whatever, until you meet that one girl who changes everything. She blows the doors off and makes you think, I will do whatever it takes to date her. I will give up my hobbies, I will betray my own family. I will do it if she says yes, right, be careful and.
Speaker 2: That we're talking about two extremes.
Speaker 4: Right now, Jeff, why welcome to the male mind, And that happened recently to one of our listeners. His name is Isaac. Isaac from your email, it sounds like you're ready to finally become a better man. Welcome to the show. Is that true? Am I overextending with this? Or do you really feel like this girl is special?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh no, she definitely was. I mean it was definitely a unique experience at first for me.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 5: She was just amazing. She was a great girl and just yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, a little more seriously then, Yeah, So what's this lady's name?
Speaker 5: Her name's Aura, Aura that's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Where'd you meet her?
Speaker 5: We're on a dating app, and uh, she's really confident. That's really sexy to me because.
Speaker 6: I'm not the most confident.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of shy, kind of just kind of go with the flow. But I'm definitely confidence isn't isn't really like my strong point.
Speaker 1: So interesting, So, I mean it must be out of the norm for you then to.
Speaker 2: Call a radio show for help. Yeah, I mean that's a good step towards confidence. And yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Took a lot for me to do this. But she's a hell of a lady.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, man moves. Okay, so what did I'm assuming you actually met up with her?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we were gonna meet at the bar, and so I got there first and I was sitting at a booth kind of face of the door, and when she walked in, I mean it was like, you know, when like Faida's come out in the restaurant, everybody does work.
Speaker 1: That is really the perfect description though, because whenever they come out, no matter how many times you've seen them, you turn around and look, oh I.
Speaker 4: Want some of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you could definitely say she had Sahata energy.
Speaker 4: We're off to a really good start of the date. How did the rest of it go?
Speaker 5: She sat down and immediately that she just started spilling out. She did what she wanted to drink, she did what she wanted to eat. So it was really cool.
Speaker 2: Was your connection with her?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Because it's a lot about like how.
Speaker 2: Amazing she was, but like, what did you two bond over?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: She was easy to talk to, which is another issue with me, is sometimes I don't really have the compidence to talk to girls. But she would ask questions, and she would ask about being I just felt comfortable.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 7: You know they say opposites a tract, and this sounds like the perfect example.
Speaker 4: She brings you outside of your shell a little bit. You know, you feel like this could compliment you in a relationshiship totally, So like what type of questions were you tossing back and forth between each other.
Speaker 5: We start having a just basic conversation, talking a little bit about family, but then it got a little, in my opinion.
Speaker 6: Just weird.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit different conversation because she she ends up asking me how many other women that I'm dating at the time?
Speaker 2: Is that a normal question? Alexis I honestly don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone knows people are talking to multiple people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's bad. As if I don't think it's bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I was you, Isaac, I would take it as a compliment that she's like, oh, you must have lots of other ladies trying to lock you down. How many others did you answer that question?
Speaker 5: Well? I said it was two, but I'd lie a little bit. I mean, I'm just seeing her. I want to see them like I want to.
Speaker 4: Like four, like something a little more exciting.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's from I would it freak you out if he said I'm only seeing you? No?
Speaker 3: But what if you're debating between other people, Like a guy tells you zero that you like equally, you might go for him versus guy with two.
Speaker 4: No. Okay, but at least the guy would too. Seems a little bit more wanted, more desired.
Speaker 2: It depends what she's into, you know.
Speaker 4: Not totally unaccessible though, But I want to know. Did you ask that question back to her?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I asked her what she said?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: She says she was dating a couple of guys too.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she just mirrored your response.
Speaker 4: She said what you said, all right?
Speaker 5: Then she took a shot and just like stared.
Speaker 3: At me, a solo shot without you pounded some tequila.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she really did, and it was kind of was like, are you ready to step up?
Speaker 3: Oh wows on the first days, that's a different.
Speaker 4: This girl's really sounding like a personality, so like the confidence even the description exudes this woman, Like she sounds like she takes charge.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's almost scary.
Speaker 4: Guys like to be scared a little bit. Really, how just a little a little? How long did you two spend together at this bar?
Speaker 5: It was about forty five minutes and then she says you had to go.
Speaker 1: Like a shot. She asked for your number, She took a shot, and she's like, it's really.
Speaker 4: Funny to think about.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're joking, but why do you think it was only forty five minutes when you were to dinner.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Maybe she got what she wanted out of me. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hmm. Has there been any contact since that day?
Speaker 5: So it was about ten days ago this happen, and maybe every day I sent her one like nice message and but.
Speaker 1: She responding every Listen, if she's responding, it's fine.
Speaker 5: She responded to the first couple, but she pretty much stopped so.
Speaker 1: But what's strange about this is like you think a woman that's that direct would just tell.
Speaker 4: You, yeah, I'm not fine, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Why why would she ghost?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't she too many tequila shots and now she needs time to recover before she musters up the strength to write a text. Or maybe she wants a guy to come after her.
Speaker 1: She wants.
Speaker 7: What she want.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 4: That's true. Okay, it's possible that she is waiting to be chased, and that's exactly what we're going to do when we call her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I feel like having the radio station call is a pretty bold move, and I might say, like, hey, she's the guy, he's.
Speaker 1: The one, Okay, right, let's be bold.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. In fact, let's all slam some shots right before we come back.
Speaker 2: I think I think you're already slurring when you said that.
Speaker 4: It's gonna make this call real interesting. Whatever it is, we'll do it with your second date update right after this hold on second date update, I think we may have just coined a new dating term. On the show here did big Fahida energy because our listener Isaac said, the lady he went out with had it in spades as she was turning heads walking into the bar that night like a big sizzling tray of fiel.
Speaker 1: Yes, everybody got a lot.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately for him though, the date only lasted forty five minutes and she took a shot right in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: But that it was not upsetting to him.
Speaker 4: No, that's just that bf E big Fahida energy carrying. How Come she didn't buy him or he didn't buy himself a shot so they could cheers?
Speaker 7: Yeah, shot to go.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was about him, Na, it was all about her.
Speaker 4: And it's been ten days since they last saw each other. He's hoping that this move of having us reach out to her will prove that he is different than all the other guys that she's ever seen before.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he's.
Speaker 4: Outside of the box right now.
Speaker 2: He's not a very confident guy.
Speaker 1: When you think confidence, you think our show radio listener, right, Isaac.
Speaker 5: Yep, I cry sometimes, but yeah cry sometimes.
Speaker 2: We all cry. Man, It's good.
Speaker 1: Is that what you said?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure, he said. Try. But if we label him as a crier.
Speaker 6: I think that's okay.
Speaker 5: I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm confident, then cry Jeff.
Speaker 5: I'm a little nervous right now, you're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to channel your own big Faheita energy before we get her on the phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Remember you're the one that ordered the fajidas. What right I do?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to give him confidence. Yeah, like take charge of the situation. Tita's are coming to your table because you made it happen.
Speaker 3: Brook's taking it too far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's gonna ask for a tip when this is out again.
Speaker 2: So let's just I will never start a cool trend on the show.
Speaker 4: Let's let's just stop and we're gonna call her. Hopefully she picks up. But I'm really excited to talk to Aura here. Well Hey is this Aura? Yeah, Hey Aura, thanks for picking up the phone. We're actually we're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning and uh, good morning. How you doing today?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Oh my god, you guys again seriously again again? A wait, you've gotta be kidding me. What do you want now?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Wait, do you know us?
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys called me like four months ago you called me for some.
Speaker 6: Like second date, al bay, but that is not a.
Speaker 4: Second it's actually a much better second definitely not.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, we've never we did not talk to an aura four months ago.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I mean what am I saying? I usually forget people's day the.
Speaker 4: Second Yeah, so this is called second date update by the way.
Speaker 7: Okay, whatever, but like your guy wanted to date me, but I was dating.
Speaker 6: A lot of people at the time.
Speaker 1: It sounds like everybody sounds.
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 8: Wait a second, Okay, you remember were you the one who you were like dating a bunch of people and you wanted our listener to be the third guy in your list.
Speaker 4: Of situationships like a roster. Yeah, there was like other guys and she was like, you could be my third if you want to remember.
Speaker 6: That you like your show? Seriously, like, nothing better to do than call me.
Speaker 4: This is what our job is to do.
Speaker 2: This kind of like an insult.
Speaker 4: And the short answer to that is no, we don't. The longer answer is we're actually doing this to help out a listener because the dating world is tough right now and it can be really confusing for somebody, you know, when you feel a connection.
Speaker 6: No, I get it, I get it. I already heard the spiel. But when you called me the first time?
Speaker 4: Uh huh?
Speaker 6: So like, who is it now? Who's the guy?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 4: Okay, well there's a new one named Isaac.
Speaker 6: Oh god, what oh?
Speaker 1: What was wrong with Isaac? Isaac felt like he was special?
Speaker 2: But he did.
Speaker 1: You asked some questions, you were engaged, you seem interested.
Speaker 4: Good job, Brooke, that's true. Gets super specific with it, there, Brooke, you took a shot. Remember the shot you took.
Speaker 7: Can we just like skip to the part where you tell me he's on the phone listening, But I'll just stop the head.
Speaker 4: Okay, clearly, Okay, you've definitely done this before.
Speaker 2: No, Or, she's going to take Jeffer's job soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's pretty good. Well, since you know, hey, Isaac, you're up, bud, so good luck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like you set you up for success, right there?
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, Isaac talk to her.
Speaker 7: Ay Or, Isaac, this was a really really bad move.
Speaker 6: But really it was these radio people.
Speaker 7: They don't know what the hell they're doing.
Speaker 6: You never should all them.
Speaker 1: We're talking you about wed successful second dates.
Speaker 8: Sometimes your voice is extremely high when you said that, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I don't, but don't apologize.
Speaker 7: Learn your lesson, delete their numbers. They're pests, like leaking off of our lives.
Speaker 1: We're not leading off your lives. We're just trying to help Isaac out because he liked you.
Speaker 4: By attaching ourselves to his story and taking credit.
Speaker 1: Well, you wouldn't call him back, Like, what is the guy supposed to do?
Speaker 6: Chang off of our lives?
Speaker 2: There's no r You didn't call him back. You weren't contact him.
Speaker 6: You're calling me twice?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I don't know how to tell you this, but you weren't that rememberable.
Speaker 2: We didn't remember you.
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I don't mind that. Can you tell the Karen to stop talking?
Speaker 2: I'm the Karen.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna recluse ourselves because I think we're making it worse. Why don't you just talk directly to her? All right?
Speaker 7: Well? Mind?
Speaker 5: Did you say that they already called you before? Like about like a different guy? Multiple?
Speaker 7: It sounds like that's my business and the time that we spent together.
Speaker 6: I would call you if it was good.
Speaker 4: Whoa Okay, but you didn't say why it wasn't good all.
Speaker 7: First of all, you've been texting me good morning every.
Speaker 6: Day at eight am?
Speaker 5: But how is that a bad thing? Like, I'm just being nice and it's nothing bad about that.
Speaker 6: Well, think about it.
Speaker 4: Think about it? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's when I wake up and I just wanted to say something nice.
Speaker 6: You know who says things like that?
Speaker 7: Though non alphas, it is kind of true.
Speaker 5: I mean an alpha, that was a lot.
Speaker 7: You can keep looking in the mirror and telling yourself that and like maybe someday your fairy godmother will appear with a magic wand and make you into a real life alpha.
Speaker 2: That was so condescending.
Speaker 1: I feel like since you're in alpha, or don't you want someone who's not? Like two alphas together, all you end up doing is fighting.
Speaker 6: Oh I need a real man. I need a real man.
Speaker 1: What does it make him a real because he said good morning?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Were you mad saying good night too?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: Do you to hang off?
Speaker 7: Can you hang up on him or me?
Speaker 6: Okay, you see how this is going.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, but Jeffrey has to ask a question. He's got to ask the question before you hang up because he is alpha.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, okay, that was extremely condescending for no reason.
Speaker 1: It's more thought of all of this, like stereotypical male stuff that bothers me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry. Continue.
Speaker 4: Normally I would ask if you two would go out on another day, but it sounds like you're already hitting it off so well. I don't want to stop the chemistry anymore than it's already happen you.
Speaker 7: I don't. I don't care.
Speaker 6: Guys, can you do me a favor?
Speaker 7: Any more of your sim friends I accidentally match with?
Speaker 6: Do not call me? Okay?
Speaker 7: You know why?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: All right? We do not call it? All right? Okay? She hung up.
Speaker 1: She was terrible, Isaac.
Speaker 5: I don't know about you. Guys kind of liked it.
Speaker 4: He's one of those guys. He likes getting down a little pushed around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even a little.
Speaker 4: That was alright.
Speaker 2: Relation he wants to be a masculine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brook, make his fantasies come true. Tell him something horrible, you get him.
Speaker 1: I was going to tell him that he deserved more, but I guess he doesn't want to hear that.
Speaker 5: I deserve more. Aura, that's what I deserve.
Speaker 2: King texting. I'm sure you'll get it back from.
Speaker 4: Her luck Jeffrey in the morning. Does our producer not check these phone numbers before we call them?
Speaker 2: It's a good idea. Let's blame him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: We don't blame Boyd enough.
Speaker 1: No, we don't know.
Speaker 4: You know what. I think we need some type of overly confident woman to sit down and have a word with our producer.
Speaker 1: Isn't that Oh yeah, I'll go yell at him.
Speaker 6: No problem.
Speaker 2: He's not very scared of me, is the only problem.
Speaker 4: You got to really bring the intensity when you have that meeting.
Speaker 2: He usually laughs and that makes fun of me afterwards.
Speaker 4: That's okay with Isaac. I don't know if he's fully ready to give up on this yet or not. My guess is he's definitely going to be sending her a few more texts though.
Speaker 1: Okay, but listen, No, I'm not feeling sorry for him when it doesn't work out anymore.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. He's asking for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he likes that.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: I know he's.
Speaker 4: Probably texting her right now being like, oh my god, when you called me a simp over the radio, I take my money too. And you know what that could be you if there's someone in your life who's not calling you back as long as her name isn't Aura, please, we will go to back for you, and, as always, find our entire library of Second Date updates wherever you get your podcasts, Apple, Spotify, YouTube, and more. It's at Brooke and Jeffrey