Speaker 1: Remember Lamb Chops underwear a special pair for you to wear?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No, it was the commercial for Lamb Lamb Chops underwear, a special pair for you to wear?
Speaker 3: Was it like the puppet brand?
Speaker 2: Yeahs Was it for kids?
Speaker 4: No? It was for like freaky ass adults who shouldn't be talking to kids on the internet.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, it was for kids. Bro, I'm so commercial. Jingles never leave my mind, and I bet I have the pitch right to.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's trying to take my clothes.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that commercial Lamb on kids underwear, like for everyone to see that was weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the lambshop is just laughing like a psycho in the background.
Speaker 4: Murdered someone was the person behind them?
Speaker 2: It's a hand, Brian Pants, that's a hand.
Speaker 4: The lady Sharie Lewis Yeah.
Speaker 3: Curly redhead.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: White people aren't doing their curls like they used to. They need to bring that height.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: The perms people were rocket fuck it.
Speaker 4: My mom had a perm She looked like fucking wolverine.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I bet nobody fucked with her. No.
Speaker 1: I mean she was married, so it was too late. But dad couldn't do anything until years later when he actually left her. So but maybe the clock was taken when she got the perm.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We were talking about funny jingles too, because like Jack East really loves like crazy Chicago based jingles, local shows or local stores, and I was like trying to think of some from Utah, and the only one I could think of was this like anti meth but kind of pro meth jingle from when I was in Utah. And it was like, oh, meth, oh meth. And you remember that one.
Speaker 3: And she's like she's cleaning her house and it's like so clean.
Speaker 2: Did she has so much energy?
Speaker 4: Got on the show actually talk.
Speaker 2: About it years ago? Oh okay, okay, But I was like obsessed with this song and I was just like singing it. I remember this, busy as a bee? Where did I get all this energy? Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't sleep, I don't need but I've got the cleanest house.
Speaker 2: On the street.
Speaker 4: Get these hairs all out of my face, get these bugs all out of my place.
Speaker 2: One more, Hey, no to my stone. I'm like, yeah, I want to wake up with meth in the morning, Meth in my cup.
Speaker 1: I remember we heard this and I had the same thing. This was real, This was real, This was real. I think another guest had brought it up show.
Speaker 2: And I was singing it in fourth grade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it. It's catchy.
Speaker 1: This is like the white people's equivalent of like a Negro spiritual.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Oh man, like that thing, like of the.
Speaker 2: White should be singing it right.
Speaker 4: Centric spiritual. My house is the cleaness on the block.
Speaker 2: And it was all like good, Meth points It's like I'm doing all of the work that I need to get done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know exactly.
Speaker 1: No more procrastinating on taking apart that TV.
Speaker 5: Oh, meth, do not take a part old TVs.
Speaker 4: Please figuring out what's inside that cathode ray tube? Oh hi, is this the internet? Oh yeah it is. Welcome to season three in nine, Episode one of The Daily Guys, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. It's Monday, May nineteenth, and this is the episode where we catch you up to speed over all the happenings.
Speaker 4: That have been happening news wise in our hearts. Okay, all right, yeah, who's that? Oh it's my co host today, Paul.
Speaker 2: Hello, hello, I'm so ready to get with the happenings.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know you are, I know you are. I was good to see you on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you in the darnedest places. I did you go ham on the free candy that was at that event?
Speaker 2: No, because I'm vegan and there was only like one candy and then it disappeared vegan.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that. Yes, yes, fantastic.
Speaker 2: I mean, didn't you get it in my I'm better than you attitude?
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: That's why I was like, you got a real I eat bacon all day type energy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have never known.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm a vegan of the people.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you the true vegans exactly. That's what we need, just to just to relate to us.
Speaker 2: It's because I'm vegan but very unhealthy, Like I already know what all the candies I can and cannot eat.
Speaker 4: What candy could you eat that was vegans?
Speaker 2: I could have eaten the sour patch kids. Oh those are gel Swedish fish. Yeah, those are vegans. And if they're not and I'm wrong, don't tell me, Okay, don't let me know what ever, let me go into the gelatin page. Oreos.
Speaker 3: I have a whole thing of that right now.
Speaker 4: What are the other what other sneaky?
Speaker 1: I know Oreos is one. There's like another terrible food. I'm like, that ship has nothing in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's made out of plastic, it's really good for vegans.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there there's two types of vegans. There's like the healthy kind and then there's me. So yeah, that's why you got the I eat bacon all day. I have still eat trash. It's just vegan trash.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: There's that that one spot in Hollywood that's by the offices in Hollywood or the iHeart offices there spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm like obsessed with doomies.
Speaker 1: That is like it's vile, how unhealthy it is that. I'm also like, bro, I love this.
Speaker 2: I eat it all the time.
Speaker 3: It's so bad.
Speaker 1: It's it also makes you realize how unreal most of the junk food we eat is because it's so similar. I'm like, this, I'm pretty sure is nacho cheese. No, yeah, this is vegan. Yeah what the fuck I've been eating?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just made out of cardboard and plastics.
Speaker 4: It's flavor oil. It's flavor oil. That's all it is. And I love it.
Speaker 2: I love being American.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love flapping myself in flavor oils.
Speaker 1: This is where we're going to talk about, you know, what's going on with us first, before we get to the top line news items.
Speaker 4: What's overrated? What's underrated? Polv? What's something you think is underrated? That's okay. If the dogs are barking, my dogs are barking too, you know you're okay?
Speaker 2: Hold on, am I underrated? I don't know if you've seen this. Uh, Tesla's trying to rebrand. Have you seen I saw one where like they put like a Toyotas line over the owner put a Toyota sign over the Tesla's simple because I don't. And then there's like ones where they're making stickers that are like I bought this before he went.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like Insanity Edition. I've seen people put that on their car.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like when you're trying to get a divorce but you can't afford to move out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's they still have the car.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: I think it's like nice to be that self awayre and also like I just love that the Tesla owners are It's like having a barking dog. They're like, listen, I know it's got problems.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's I know, I know he's a Nazi.
Speaker 4: This is I'm one of those. I was like a wealthy Prius owner who was looking for something that indicated that I was a little bit like a literal class above other Prius owners.
Speaker 3: And that's yeah, and I didn't I couldn't predict this.
Speaker 1: I do not know I would be wearing driving a Nazi clown car. Yeah, it's it is funny, like it's the divorce, but you can't.
Speaker 4: Move out yet. It's like, I'm just gonna start wearing an ear ring now to let people know we're divorced.
Speaker 1: But I still live in home. But I am wearing the ear ring now.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't the earring mean that you're gay? From like the nineties, We're like, yeah, you know what, that divorce is actually justified?
Speaker 1: Yeah, underrated for me, I've just I I recently had to open a CD and I was blown away. How my so my underrated are millennial skills that are ingrained as muscle memory. Fucking CD I was like, watch me fucking pop this shit open, get the sticker off everything so quick. I felt like, like, what are like a Navy seal who blindfolds themselves and takes a part a fucking rifle and then cleans it and puts it back together.
Speaker 2: I was like, ear the CD, You're like what the Winter Soldier like or whatever? Yeah, just like like waking up and it's waking up all these.
Speaker 4: Talents of you.
Speaker 1: But all I have are a pile of loose CDs that I'm like to get it off. I'll get the sticker off. I just had this like it's just wild again. How It's something I did so many times when I was younger. It is like the opening of a CD or a game that had like some cellophane like wrapping on it. And how I think I just I think maybe my underrated is physical media, because really I when I did that, I was like, man, this used to fill me with such fucking joy to.
Speaker 4: Be like and this CD is me. I am this, I am the latest whatever fucking I am. I am fifty cents get rich or die trying.
Speaker 2: This is open the book with it and like read the lyrics or like the thank you's like all of that that was so nice and then you saw.
Speaker 4: That enhanced CD logo. I could put this on the computer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay, I feel like there's so many, like so much has gotten worse, like in terms of like art and consumption and stuff, because yeah, that was like a material item, but like more effort was put into it and we've got them fewer and far between. Yeah, I'm like happy that we have access to more stuff now, but I also think like we have lost some some art of like unpacking videos been so much more.
Speaker 1: Fulfilling, which will roll into my overrated which is the just proliferation of digital media. I think there's something it's like it's good and bad, right They.
Speaker 6: Available podcast is good digital media? Well yeah, immediately puts the press of the shutdown button.
Speaker 4: They could have done that years ago.
Speaker 1: But like the thing I'm talking about, like film and TV and music, right, the things we used to buy physically, Yeah, there was such an intent around pursuing a piece of media where now everything is so passive it's like ented to us like on a carousel or like a fucking feed that I as now like I'm engaging more and more with like discovering music in I realize like how that skill has been kind of like atrophying basically because it's all just there all the time, and I forget, Like I feel like I watch less movies because I don't have to pursue movies as much.
Speaker 4: It's weird. It's like a very ironic thing.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that too, Like AMC is doing like fifty percent off of movies or something to get more people to come out to see them because they're just on our TVs at home, you know, like with all these subscriptions. But I think part of the art that we are missing, that we lost is not only like the physical touch and the process of like going to the movies or whatever. It's the social aspect too, rit like interacting. Even if you go by yourself, you're still interacting with people at the theater. You're still like there is some sort of community connection. And I think that is lost in how everything has become digitized.
Speaker 4: Even like buying an album or a DVD.
Speaker 1: I like, hey, bro, I'm gonna go get the I'm gonna go buy the album or whatever.
Speaker 4: You want to come with me. Yeah, I'm not doing nothing. I mean, obviously that's like some nineteen year old or go to the mall together or whatever you call your friend, like you ain't doing shit, right, No, you just go do some shit. Now obviously it's a little bit different, but like or you like even there.
Speaker 2: About it, Like it comes out and you guys like each get a copy or whatever, and then you like listen to it all the way through and then you talk about it. Like, I feel like there's so much media. There's so much consumption, and there is also so much like like bad quality media because now it's on a quantity instead of quality, which like we have to participate in too, Like we can't take our time with stuff we want to put out.
Speaker 3: But like yeah, so so like.
Speaker 2: Like being able to like digest and criticize good art is also lost in addition to like creating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, because everything is so instant. It's like now we're just like it's like the second something comes out, then the takes are already.
Speaker 4: Going off on fucking blue Sky or whatever, and I'm like, what, yeah, fuck man.
Speaker 1: Very basically, I think what I'm saying is I want to be nineteen again.
Speaker 2: I'm also in a nostalgia.
Speaker 4: I am also that yes, Polly, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I did this because I was inspired by you and Brian my bald Kings.
Speaker 3: Okay, overrated hair transplants.
Speaker 2: Listen, we don't want Turkey to overtake us in the global race. Okay, we don't want what happened?
Speaker 4: Do you know somebody went to Turkey recently?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying, like, have you seen those pictures out of Turkey where like it's the airport and it's all the dude with every ession has hair transplants. Also, like I'm so sick of like unrealistic male beauty standards, you know, like these poor.
Speaker 3: Guys just to be like they have to have the hair and be tall and you know all of those things.
Speaker 1: They're so do they benefit from global patriarchy, but they also suffer from weak hairlines.
Speaker 4: And that's yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Think about I just want I just want my bald Kings to own it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: John Cena just shave it off. It's fine hair.
Speaker 2: He was and then he I think he said he got a hair transplant because he fell bullied. Oh ship, Yeah, And I was like, this man has has and he wishes he had hair.
Speaker 3: That's sad.
Speaker 4: You know he couldn't use them wishes just for one. They couldn't.
Speaker 2: I could really, he could really use a wish right now. Yeah, it's actually an airplane two Turkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, there was a thing too.
Speaker 1: I just saw with Tom Hardy promoting something. He was talking about his hair transplant too. I was like, Oh, I don't know, Tom hark.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's going to go the way of wrinkles, where we forget that wrinkles exist. We're gonna forget that there were bald men in media, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I won't forget you never forget.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget. I look in that mirror and I go forgot this.
Speaker 2: Take that hat off, mild take that out.
Speaker 4: For my formal events, yes, all the time, Like what I when I am?
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't like what's your what's your headcare routine?
Speaker 4: My head care?
Speaker 1: Oh like it's so straight guy, it's just like you moisturize.
Speaker 2: You feel like sunscreen?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I'll sunscreen if I'm out in the sun.
Speaker 1: I used to I'll wear a hat because I do not need to expose the entire top of my skull to UV rays.
Speaker 4: Like all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, yeah, I got to keep it lotion. You got to keep the gotta keep the you know, you don't want to.
Speaker 2: I feel like like I feel like they've got to have you know how they have like hair masks that you like wear. There's got to be like a head mask like a ball, you know what I mean? Like that does like a moisturizing deep moisture.
Speaker 1: Bryan the edders shave, hyaluronic acid, coconut oil.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brian, Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 4: Okay, scalp man keeping in scalp care. I need to know. Hey, if you got tips, let me know.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm just you know, where the I always say this, Come on, fucking science, where's the fucking pill that brings the hair back?
Speaker 4: I don't need.
Speaker 3: Women's reproductive systems. Let's get the hill.
Speaker 2: I mean, we haven't made Eddie brockris none.
Speaker 4: We don't even know what cramps are. We don't even know what cramps are.
Speaker 2: They're hurting on the inside, we're bald on the out.
Speaker 4: The outside, and we still don't know. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk the news. And we're back.
Speaker 1: So, Joe Biden announced that he has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer that has metastasized. It's in his bones now, but the prognosis seems pretty optimistic in that it looks like it is manageable, it's responding to hormone treatment. So, uh, this this kind of goes off the last story where we did hear that he had like a nodule that they were looking at, and then now we've had the announcement that it is cancer.
Speaker 2: I think for this reason alone, I'm not running for president. I don't want everybody to know my medical business. Okay, well, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people are even like there's there's been a lot of speculation like one oncologist who is the brother of Ram and Manuel, former chief of staff under Obama and JN.
Speaker 2: Christ does everyone come from Chicago, It's from Sopranos.
Speaker 1: And Manual Ram and Manuel his brother. The oncologist he was out here getting there quoted. I don't know if this is sloppy, but he said, as an oncologist, he's like, he must.
Speaker 4: Have had cancer for years.
Speaker 1: What really like they're saying for this to have progressed to this point and he wasn't trying to say this, that or the other. But he's like, I'm just surprised. As an oncologist. Typically doctors, especially if you're you know, a president is under your care, you're gonna overtest rather than undertest.
Speaker 2: So you know, this is now like it's a cognitive test, you know what I mean, in which undertest.
Speaker 1: And oh, let's ship, let's switch the test up really quick for a president Biden. Just hold a mirror in front of him and say peek a boo and if he reacts, then he's he's all the way with it. Yeah, So this was like a this was like another thing that's been you know, brewing around. And this is also happening the week when the book Original Sin is now being released. We got little excerpts from it last week where they were talking about putting Biden in a wheelchair, but they said the fucking optics would kill the campaign. So he gets to have a wheelchair only if he beat Trump. Was sort of like the thinking, but god, Jesus.
Speaker 2: This is elder. He said, like I'm steel bad for him at all.
Speaker 1: This whole this whole book now like really like puts really his three top aids like in the Spotlight being like, oh, you are the three who really hid everything from everyone in terms of like what his actual condition was.
Speaker 2: I also have a really irrelevant question that's really patty. Why is it called Original Sin? Isn't that apple eating?
Speaker 4: Like what? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everything has to be making it sexy from Jesus. Oh, you're looking at like yo, You're you're thinking like the who was it that Angelina Joelee and Antonio Banderas the movie Original Sin.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: In my mind, Original Sin is just like sexy.
Speaker 4: You might be thinking, I mean that movie was sexy as hell Original Sin.
Speaker 2: Wait, I need to go watch it, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this posters, Yes, yes, sexy.
Speaker 2: Now imagine Joe Biden and.
Speaker 1: I've heard imagine cover of the book Joe Biden and Antonio Banderas. No, no, we're talking speaking of hair transplants, and they say Antonio Banderas had one early That is like propaganda.
Speaker 3: I will not hear that about mister posts and Boots.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Heard this from multiple journalists anyway, who who know.
Speaker 4: And look, it's fine, it's fine. He is beautiful.
Speaker 1: He is beautiful, and he's also the he also sells allergy medication as a bumblebee. But yeah, so there's also like it again, this also led to uh, Don Junior, there's all kinds of conspiracies now about like his cancer and what they want they're do they know what's he doing? But I think this is also allowed for an opportunity for the media to begin to be like, oh, Joe Biden, you know, like let's forget everything that's happened, not to say that like you need to hammer Joe Biden even harder because he's announced that he's had cancer. But I think the sympathy right now is much needed for Joe Biden, who has a ton of just ship coming out this week. There's also was it the Axiom thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the audio from that interview with Robert I was saying Ben.
Speaker 3: Her and.
Speaker 1: Steve Kerr and Ben Her and Robert Bob Her.
Speaker 2: All in it together. But yeah, the audio came out of like, I guess an interview or something that he had done and uh like in a report or like we'd heard that report earlier about how he wouldn't be fit to be be before a jury Biden about his mishandling of classified documents because the jury would just see him as like a daughtering old sympathetic man sort of thing that came from this like interview.
Speaker 4: With a US attorney Robert.
Speaker 2: Her Yeah, yeah, with Ben her And and the audio came out and it was it's like pretty bad, Like he can't remember the year his son died, he can't remember when Trump was elected. He's like stopping speaking and stuff. It's like very obvious. I think the interview was from twenty twenty three, and the report came out in twenty twenty four, but the audio just came out, yeah, with axios leaking it or leaking reporting on it, and so it's just like pretty bad. And obviously this whole time he's just like denying his dementia. And then he got mad that they brought up the year that Bo died, right, he brought up Bo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why did you bring that up? You're like, sir, you did he did that?
Speaker 2: That was you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think more than like the emphasis being on Joe Biden, this really is about like what the Democratic Party needs to fucking look in the mirror and be like, look what your flick at what you fucking did to the country by by like hiding all of the deterioration in his mental state and just being so fucking rigid and not allowing any kind of change to happen, whether that's in policy or candidacy or whatever. And now we're here and the report gets the reports worse and worse and worse, and now we got Ben Herr in the mix.
Speaker 2: I know, I truly think they don't care, though. I feel like they're trying to just campaign off of it, you know what I mean, Like this is how they are, They're just trying to make money.
Speaker 1: This is the thing that worries me about, like the Oligarchy tour with AOC and Bernie, is that this, like all that momentum just gets funneled right into the Democratic Party again with no fucking attention paid to, like all of the mistakes they've been making over and over and over again. It's like, well, there are these two people who are saying the right thing, so maybe that can excuse everything else the party to terrible.
Speaker 2: But not even that, Like they're not They're like they haven't endorsed zoran In like in New York, you know what I mean, They're not even utilizing it on a local level in a way that they could really like get.
Speaker 4: The fucking party. That's the thing that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They're like, yeah, we could do something different, but we're not going to fundamentally change that. If that, if you want that, that's a whole other thing called democratic socialism and not doing that, we're not gonna Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also so crazy that like radio Head is headlining this year at the Oligarchy and so nuts.
Speaker 3: Did you buy your tickets your wristbands? Did you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 4: I did not. I did not. I couldn't. All the bots bought all the tickets. Yeah, sales. Yeah it sucks, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yeah, uh fuck cancer though forever and even Donald Trump was even like had of a normal message or be like, oh my god, look what he did.
Speaker 4: It's like, do not have.
Speaker 1: Your perception altered by this very milk toast sort of expression of sympathy towards Joe Biden from Donald Trump. This is not yeah, he's not suddenly a fucking decent person. He's just doing the bare minimum. James Camy, he was also in the news, j Comy, you fucking.
Speaker 2: Is fucking media seeking bitch.
Speaker 4: I know, thirsty, What is going on?
Speaker 1: James Comy, So former FBI director James call me Uh was also in the spot like this weekend for posting the most boomerash shit online. He posted a picture of the numbers eight six, four seven, eighty six forty seven spelled out with fucking seashells and then the caption was cool shell.
Speaker 4: Formation on my beach walk.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are like, you want to eighty six forty seven? You want eighty six? The forty seventh president?
Speaker 2: What the so funny? It's so funny to me that, Like James call me is like, aren't we supposed to not know FBI people, Like, aren't they supposed to be like them? And like the CIA, we're supposed to like not know who they are. And he's posting they think he's posting like these beach shell threats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right exactly, menacing threats with seashells.
Speaker 4: Also like cool thing. I saw cool shell formation, I saw my beach walk. Oh yeah, what's what's your day to day? Like James coomy, Everything good over there? It sounds one beautiful, it's awesome anything going on out there. And here's my active resistance. I'll put some seashells together, huh. And here I am resisting eighty six forty seven. I mean, anyone that's worked in a restaurant or bar has definitely heard the term eighty six, and most I think generally most people have heard the term eighty six okay something.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, he did this last week with some starfish and it said seventeen thirty eight, So I don't think he understood it fully either.
Speaker 1: Yeah he Oh my god, Like after this it's like cash Ptel and many other people on the right were like, we're.
Speaker 4: Looking into this. This is a serious threat against the president.
Speaker 1: I mean sure, because we know MAGA is in a perpetual state of like victimhood, they're gonna do that. But I'm obviously James Comy will probably have some spleening.
Speaker 4: To do to the Secret Service.
Speaker 1: But predictably, the eighty six and insert presidential number here format has been around since at least Trump's first term, when people were selling eighty six forty five merch It's like sort of like peak resistance lib like, you know, merchandise you could buy. Then guess what, when Joe b Iden was president, there was eighty six forty six merchandise. And yeah, so this has just been a thing that has always happened.
Speaker 4: But again, it's all about school.
Speaker 2: I love, I love numerology. I hate making actual change. I love yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to like actually fundamentally upend how I live my life.
Speaker 4: Can I arrange these shells?
Speaker 2: Not nice?
Speaker 3: I love locks on the beach.
Speaker 2: I love veiled threats to the.
Speaker 4: President through shells, through shells. Love a shell, love a shell.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 4: And arrange of shells on the beach. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So again, you know, I think one other possibility on wankat they're pointing out is like, you know, James Comey's been writing these like really stupid, like crime novels, and they're like, wait, does he have a.
Speaker 4: Book coming out? Yeah, he has a book coming out this week.
Speaker 2: So he's pulling the Kanye Oh my, the worst, every fucking weird government like horrific politician, official type person.
Speaker 3: They just want to be an artist.
Speaker 2: In the end. That's why artists are like less evil, feels like on the whole, because we got to do what we wanted in the beginning.
Speaker 4: You know, we.
Speaker 2: Weren't just sitting there like like murdering people most of our own lives and then turning to like painting humble portraits or whatever Bush did.
Speaker 1: This is just yeah, I just feel this is like, couldn't have come at a better time for Trump when everyone is pissed about the fucking disappearing of like legal residents in the United States, or the fucking coming tax or not tax cuts, but the tax bill that's going to create huge cuts to social programs. Just every he like he really could have used the thing was like and there mean to me, and that's now.
Speaker 4: What everyone on the right is doing with this Komi thing.
Speaker 1: So wait to go, James Comy, you chocked up another win for Trump. Somehow, you're truly the king of kings. All right, let's take another break.
Speaker 4: Actually no, let's not. Actually no, you know what, we're.
Speaker 2: More for the people.
Speaker 3: We're gonna keep We're gonna.
Speaker 4: Keep talking nonsense. Uh. There is a there's a report in Politico that's reporting Elon Musk's GOP star is beginning to fade significantly.
Speaker 3: Not with help from you, Politico. Just don't report of that. Yeah, don't talk about that, man.
Speaker 1: I'm like, also, I think you're doing the White House is bidding with this article to insist so like so intensely that it's like and he's.
Speaker 4: He's no, they don't even know him. He's gone. He has nothing to do with me, he has nothing to do with the Republican Party.
Speaker 3: African refugee. We don't know where he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how that happened. This week when we welcomed fifty nine white people to America and we're like, welcome to Buffalo, New York.
Speaker 4: Where you will live. It's just like Durban, You're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Like they pointed out that Trump isn't posting about how great a man he is on truth social anymore. They even have like a bar graft to show like the huge fall off and how it's like nothing happening anymore. Then, Like none of the fundraising material that that Trump has been sending out to people when he begs for money, none of it used to mention like he's like I need your money because of all the great work Elon Musk is doing at DOGE, and Republicans across the board rarely evoke his name for any of their press releases or propaganda. So they're like, oh, this looks like a tactical retreat from Elon Musk. Yeah, it's probably that it's probably a tactical retreat, and that it's not we're not They're not walking away from his money or his ability to control conversations on Twitter. It's just that you're optically getting away from him because he pulls worse than Donald Trump in terms of unlikability.
Speaker 2: We're we're playing checkers. He's playing throwing shit at the walls. Okay, we have no idea what his next meal is gonna be.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's all strategy.
Speaker 1: He might the shit at us next. Yeah, we don't, We don't know, but yeah, I think headlines like these would lead people to believe like Trump somehow figured out that Musk is bad news.
Speaker 4: But that would.
Speaker 1: Hardly be possible because we're talking about Donald Trump here, so like he's not gonna be like that person's bad and I'm good, So therefore we should not be in alignment with them again.
Speaker 2: So up like on about tariffs, he's gonna care about popularity like he do. He can read a room in order to like make them laugh or to do a bit. But I think he's just too like erratic in some cases to actually like follow through with what he likes, what's popular.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't always.
Speaker 1: You know hit that like the version that I think lets like sort of like libs who are like don't know what's going on or aren't thinking really critically about like what Trump is doing, and just like read Politico would be.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, good, they ousted him.
Speaker 1: They knew he was bad, and maybe things will be a little bit better because they did the bare minimum by getting Elon Musk out.
Speaker 4: But then you see these reports.
Speaker 1: Pro Publica put out a report last week that suggests the administration is actually doing a lot to still help Elon Musk's business interests. I mean, it's clear with like the deregulation stuff that's going on, but like in Gambia, specifically in West Africa, the State Department like launched an all out pressure campaign that would allow for Musk to like flood the region with starlink internet. And that's like you're like, oh, of course, like yeah, they're still helping him, it's just now he is less visible in what he's doing because they're like, Okay, dude, I guess you being a fucking Nazi uh is not great for the optics here.
Speaker 4: We only like subtle naziism here.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine you're just like hanging out in Gambia, minding your own spectrum business right yet, and then all of a.
Speaker 3: Sudden there's an outage. Now Elon Musk's.
Speaker 2: In there, and you're like, why are here too?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 1: Can I get like Cox or Charter or did they combine too? Is everything just one company now because of consolidation?
Speaker 2: Fuckit? I know? Yeah, true, were like the weeds of the world.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that was the whole thing with like the Cold War.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, well maybe we can get our like capitalist tentacles into other places and that's how we can avoid like a hot war. Yeah, so this is just we'll see what how this plays out. But again, this is just a tactic that takes I think I think most people, this just takes Musk's name off the table when it comes to campaigning or like whatever, so they can be like Elon Musk has nothing to do with anything. So when you guys keep like saying insisting that Elon Musk is the destroyer of everything and we enabled it's it's just not going to resonate.
Speaker 2: They're going to keep his baby on a secret service.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, as the shield he still has shield duty, big macky shout out the shield. Yeah, I mean I don't think they're going to say, we actually don't need the help of the richest man on earth to help our fucking fascist take We.
Speaker 2: Actually don't like money anymore. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're actually like born to like eat, prey love now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we went to Burning Man and we just realized, like there's so much that can be like exchanged and barbered. It's it's it's a beautiful thing. Okay, let's now take a.
Speaker 2: Quick break, yer one.
Speaker 1: Now we deserve One'll be right back to talk about another election abroad that went left because the other guy went to right.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 1: Hey, bit of good news from Romania a centrist be it a far right extremist uh and in the Romanian presidential election.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: We can hope for.
Speaker 1: The best week and hope or the best we can hope for is that we are the like fucking rotting piece of flesh that serves as an example to other people.
Speaker 4: Like no, fucking don't do it. Don't fucking do it.
Speaker 1: Please remember remind yourselves of your own histories with writing authoritarianism.
Speaker 3: Twenty sixteen was like.
Speaker 2: It was it was it Trump got elected and then like Britain voted to be out of the euro opinion. It was like one I would I was like, I feel like they should learn from or it was vice versa something like that where I'm like somebody should have learned a lesson and they didn't and it just kept getting worse.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's uh it.
Speaker 1: I mean let's see from the when was it voted. Yeah, it was like right within a few months of each other. Yeah, like is has the whole world gone mad?
Speaker 2: And the answer was yeah pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, absolutely it did it? Did it did? But I think again, Yeah, June sixteenth was when that referendum happened, six twenty six So.
Speaker 3: We didn't learn any thing from.
Speaker 4: We were hold on America, Fuck the British.
Speaker 2: Okay, we won that war. We're not.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go. We're gonna go harder than they are on British.
Speaker 2: You think you're spiraling to do fascism, bitch, watch us. Okay, we're your only child.
Speaker 4: Ye get ready, get fucking ready.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Romania, the I think it was the former mayor of Bucharest or former and former mathematician current mayor of Yeah.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been like inaugurated or whatever into the position yet, I guess, right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, But his opponent was a huge trumpy asshole who was like, fuck the EU, fuck NATO, We're not helping We're not helping Ukraine. We're gonna help Putin, Whereas you know, the candidate that one was like, we actually need to like really guard ourselves against Russia, and part of that is ensuring Ukrainian safety, you know, like thwart invasions and ship I don't know that's matter.
Speaker 2: I think math brain. You know, you got to really have a math degree to figure that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truly, just like, yeah, I think this plus this equals momentum in the wrong direction for our country, especially with the country that Putin has its eyes on. But anyway, this is good news, good news where hopefully America can continue to serve as an example to just keep centrism place. Yay, look, you gotta get your wins where you can. But I think the one thing I'll keep saying, like when Canada did the did the opposite of what America did. In Australia did the opposite of what America did. Don't just let the neoliberals just rest on their laurels. You have to tackle the inequality or else the right wing fucking menace comes right back out at you, okay, and they are able to pick people off with their messages of it's.
Speaker 3: The other whatever. Okay, but hear me out a new plan.
Speaker 2: If we just gave up trans people and their rights as human beings, and maybe what if we just try that. What if we throw out another group of people to sacrifice in the volcano of the Maga man.
Speaker 1: I was hoping to introduce you more formally, Governor Gavin Newsom, but yes, we do have Governor Gavin on the pod today.
Speaker 4: Hey, yes, me, are.
Speaker 2: You on house? Because I want to burn your shit?
Speaker 1: Holy shit, dude, and I'm hoping I'm the guy for twenty twenty eight. You know, I will throw the LGBTQ community under the fucking bus and I will disappear all unhoused people.
Speaker 2: Like Also, please check out my latest episode with.
Speaker 1: Charlie Kirk I know where we talk about the sickest, sickest beers to eat with a smoked.
Speaker 3: Briskey beers to eat with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just eat the fucking can I eat it solid like a man. Just bite, I just bite the fucking can brot.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love you, Governor Newsom, I fucking love you, Charlie.
Speaker 1: Uh all right, so again, great a little bit of good news. They're not everything's going fully by the wayside, but the bar is low.
Speaker 4: The bar is low.
Speaker 1: Uh Paulay, did you you put this in here about a kindergartener in Pennsylvania who it's.
Speaker 4: Funny you call me anar.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't say no.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you brought this to our attention because I was thinking that I saw another thing that there was a kid who brought like weed cookies to school, like took out like a whole fucking I don't even know, like a third grade class or something.
Speaker 2: Listen, he wanted nap time to just last a little bit long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for real, for real, for real.
Speaker 1: Uh So in Pennsylvania, a fucking kindergartener brought jello shots to school.
Speaker 2: We have to like shot shot.
Speaker 4: Or as you said, maybe this was a promo for a different kind of shot.
Speaker 2: Dude, baby, it's.
Speaker 4: Your baby shots.
Speaker 1: I mean, the kids aren't doing vaccines, vaccine a these shots.
Speaker 2: There loud, yeah, kill the.
Speaker 1: Drink this ever clear laden jello shot that tastes like kind of like green apple but mostly ISoP isopropyl.
Speaker 4: Is so purple. I need ISO to clean out.
Speaker 2: My gabbling wasted right now.
Speaker 1: This is just like so funny when it's like I think a lot of times when they the stories always start off with like a child brought these to school, when it's like, no, some fuck with parent left out a bunch of jello shots. The kid is always going to bring some something from home they think is cool to school, picking.
Speaker 2: From like they were like jello shots or should I is I AMDs hovering over guns.
Speaker 4: A bag of math ooh o getting all the six year olds stressed? Ooh math. Yeah there was that.
Speaker 2: Do you think the teacher took one after only they were like, I had a rough day, let me take these home?
Speaker 1: Probably, I mean, if I mean, what do you what happens? I'm just trying to think of, like what I've never seen a child inebriated before, like.
Speaker 3: That already seemed drunk like around.
Speaker 1: They walk off fuddy, But I guess like are they like to chill, like are they slurring like a drunk or they just.
Speaker 4: Feel like.
Speaker 2: Which is great TikTok material for TikTok teachers. And then they probably smell like alcohol. Yeah that's a lot of alcohol at a shop for a kid.
Speaker 4: That's dude, A fun time. Yeah. I mean those kids apparently they just went to the nurse's office and then the ambulance had to get them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were okay.
Speaker 4: Quick quick story, quick story, quick story.
Speaker 5: So I would think I was like two or three when we were at like a gathering and my mom left her drink unattended for a moment, and I think it was like Brandy or something, and I apparently immediately grab this ship, turned it upside down and was hammered, and I was just running around in circles and I ended up running into the wall and then I just passed out. Oh my, And you remember that was having a blast apparently.
Speaker 4: Oh it was like a story that.
Speaker 2: Eighteen hundreds when Brandy was used to put children to back.
Speaker 5: Wow, how old I think I am.
Speaker 1: I said what I said, Please tell me, Please tell me it was Ian J Brandy, Please it was it.
Speaker 4: Was something like that.
Speaker 3: It was actually Johnson and Johnson Brandy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, early yeah, baby sleep tonic. I think what they called it uh, no more tears.
Speaker 2: No more some tears, Brandy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then about how hard their life is as a three year old?
Speaker 6: Get it?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, get it?
Speaker 4: Not very potty train.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you go back?
Speaker 4: Why why why did you do that? Mommy? Why did you disappear all the time when you put your hands over your eyes?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Why my crayon sharpener don't work?
Speaker 4: Oh god? Oh man, the crayon sharpener that was built into the box of crayons? H did you ever use that? I never did try.
Speaker 3: It was always bad.
Speaker 1: I feel like I just always rage quit on it because, like then, the I think I was so particular about the paper that was wrapped around the crayons from getting destroyed.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, what the fuck? This is like fucking up. No, I'll be like, now this thing's spent. The second it goes flat, I'm off this.
Speaker 2: You're just chucking out full crayons that went flat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a fucking animal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Your month.
Speaker 4: I was E and J Brandy at three years old, not giving a fuck. All right.
Speaker 1: Last story, unfortunately has to do with Donald Trump again. But it's a good it's fine because it involves shodenfreude for trumpy dickheads who want to buy shit that has the word Trump on it.
Speaker 4: So there was a six.
Speaker 1: Hundred and forty dollars Trump branded watch with Trump's like actual signature like on the face of it. But holy shit, this is like, this is one of the most legendary fuck ups I think in merchandising I've ever seen. When people got their fucking watches that they ordered. There was no tea on the fucking face of the watch. So it just says rump about rump watches.
Speaker 2: What is that like song from the eighties, the Rump.
Speaker 4: Rump Shaker. Yeah, that's from the nineties. All I want to do is check baby, check baby. What you know?
Speaker 1: That's actually the first verse that Pharrell Williams ever wrote for another artist is Teddy Riley's rap on rump Shaker.
Speaker 4: Yes, Pharrell was a protege.
Speaker 2: Of Teddy hundreds, Farrell.
Speaker 4: Was a protege of Teddy Riley Shout Out Virginia, and that's how he sort of that was like his entry point into music.
Speaker 2: I know this because I'm I think if Farrell starts aging, that's the end times.
Speaker 4: You know, he won' he won't. He won't. He won't. He won't. He can't, he can't.
Speaker 2: We can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian the Editor says he was finishing his post doc when that song came out to give you just to slightly age hymn.
Speaker 4: There you guys, do what you want with that information. But yeah, the fucking rump. The pictures of this Paula v are so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: They're so ugly.
Speaker 3: He got the pink inauguration first lady model.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this one guy got it for his wife. Tim paid six hundred and forty for it, one of only two fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like it's like the worst pink. It's like such a trashy watch. And yeah, he got it for his wife. And my favorite part of the story, he's like so upset about like how it didn't live up to the Trump quality of like his integrity or whatever. But then he said it made his wife cry, and it's like, bro, she cried because you're getting her a Trump watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah. She's like, I don't. I don't give a fuck. You know, I voted for for a Kamala. Why the fuck would you do this to.
Speaker 3: She's like, please, pay the light bill.
Speaker 1: Sounds he sounds like a guy who doesn't think about gifts for like his partner.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, I think it's a thing. I like, it's so and it's for lady. Therefore, forgive me for cheating on you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is what he said to Fox five Vegas quote. I thought it was really nice. It was beautiful, and I knew it'd be something that she'd like. With the president's so he heard an ad for another radio, he said, with the president's voice, I was curious, So I went on the website. When he got the bag or when he got the wife, Uh, he said he got the when I got my wife. When he got the watch for his life, he said, I noticed it right away. The tea is missing, it says Rump. This is according to his wife. How could they process this and go through something without checking their work. I'm very disappointed, Tim said, I want it to be something special for her, and we expected that it would be. It would have integrity of the President of the United States follow.
Speaker 2: Through you like, I love that. This is the breaking point He's seen every what like can you imagine being so privileged? This is the only thing Trump has done that has like materially affected.
Speaker 4: You as intersected with your life for sure.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it, it totally tracks for this. He says, I think that someone needs to be aware of the mistake in their licensing department because this is he thought the president would do something when then found out this is just licensed. This is Donald Trump selling his name to another grift or to grift you.
Speaker 2: You're like a pyramid grift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are so many levels removed. And he just said I would like an apology. Would an apology would be nice for making my wife cry? And now he's gonna get a call.
Speaker 2: He's like, I would also like an apology.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is so funny that they're like, oh ok, we're going to replace it, no refund, just an eight hundred dollars coupon for you to use it on the website again, which is fun.
Speaker 2: For something else. I was like, they better have a hump apron, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, ohmp apron, yeah yeah, oh yeah. Brian the editor is asking, yeah, what what did happen to the Trump turbion watch? Because that was it's just a type of watch movement that's like very fancy, but like it was allowing Trump to like charge super wild prices.
Speaker 4: But I'm not even sure when it's let's see Trump turbuon nothing in the news yet, big surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because there was like one hundred thousand dollars victory edition that he was selling and we're like, what is it? Where is it from? But as of right now, we do not know what is going on with the Trump scam watch. Alleged scam watch, most likely a scam watch. All right, Well, those the things that we're trending over the weekend. We're gonna be back tomorrow with a brand new episode. It's gonna be like, you're gonna want to tune in for this one. We got all kinds of other ship we have to get into, like investigations and tax bills and all kinds of things. Maybe even a game show where people can fight for their citizenship.
Speaker 2: Like actually, and I'm sure Tyra Banks will be hosting.
Speaker 4: We were rooting for you. We were already we wanted you to be in and we're so desensitized. We're like, we were rooting for him.
Speaker 3: Why do they make them racewalk though?
Speaker 2: That's so weird? All right, we're gonna bring it back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And it's actually just gonna be called the Amazing Race.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it's a hellscape. But at least we're here together. Uh, that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 1: We will be back then. God bless y'all will see you then. And by God, bless y'all. I mean whatever, whatever gives.
Speaker 2: You power to do it, science, y'all, I got it.
Speaker 4: Shout out germ theory, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wayne.
Speaker 4: Co produced by Victor Wright, co
Speaker 5: Written by j M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries