Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Now if you dig our show even a little bit, we're on Monday through Friday five to seven on the East, so we're on nationally Monday through Friday two to four on the West. Shout out to everyone on the iHeartRadio WAP, all the affiliates. It's always a pleasure to be here. This is day one of the Dan Patrick hat tricks, so that means today, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and we have a few guests lined up so far. We're gonna say Drew Brees Maniana Hall of Famer Drew brees I got to ask him about that statue tomorrow, the dirty statue, the very funny Frank Kelly endo tomorrow. Is that official Frank two?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 2: Cool, Well later today, speaking of Big Broke, Poppy will be here. Big Poppy has baseball to THEVA heavy hitters. Yeah, oh yeah, the big guy will be here. That's my dog bro and he's got baseball trivia as he calls it, and prizes to give away.
Speaker 3: We'll tell you when to call. Iowa.
Speaker 2: Sam Is on the Glockenspiel DP always leaves it for us. We appreciate that, the xylophone, whatever you want to call it. Danny G's on the phones eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox and we're coven on Rich at Covene on Rich Dreaming Live. We got some really weird I think it's a funny baseball hypothetical and we will talk about something that was done over the weekend in baseball that, like you said, every time you think you'll you've seen it all, there's something else. And Joshua Biez did something remarkable. But I just want to ask you a question because you know, I'm starting to see where you get to the age, you know, you start hitting your forties and you have friends that have kids that are going to college. It's a weird feeling, dude. It's like, you know, you feel like all your friends have little kids, and you know some of your friends that I kids when they're in their twenties, like, yeah, I'm a kid's freshman now. And you're like, what I mean, We're all at different stages. I have a buddy who's a grandpa already. I'm like, what, dude, you hit it about having more kids. Man, that meme is so true. It's like when you're in your forties, you have some friends that could be grandpa's and some that are still having their own kids. Some are dating twenty five year old Summer you know, thinking about retirement. Have you noticed, like, are college dorms not the cinderblocks and melt walls they once were?
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I'm seeing pictures like where are these kids living like in like nicer places than we did. Sam When you when you were in college, did your dorm room not have like what didn't feel like a jail cell in a way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Astra long twin right.
Speaker 4: I lived in a place called Quadrangle on the University of Ile campus and it's it was. It's since been demolished because it was so old and they built something newer on top of me.
Speaker 2: I just feel like the the template of college dorm rooms around the country, whether it be Iowa, I went to Syracuse.
Speaker 3: Cavino is a Montclair State guy.
Speaker 2: Montclair State bro the real MSU Yeah, but I read. But I just feel like back then it was like almost funny that like I have the dorm rooms, they look like they have cinder Bride. I lived in a dorm prison, if that's what it felt like. No, the walls were cinder box painted. Now I just feel like these places that kids are living in college, I'm seeing my friends like moved in, my son, moved in, my daughter.
Speaker 3: Nice apartments, and a lot of.
Speaker 2: Us were very minimal, right, like you didn't go all out the way kids go all out. You know what it is they have what do they call it? Rob Parker has like boneless couches, you know they just order. No, they have those full on counches, the boneless couches. I think they're called. Yeah, they have full on setups. Where we were lucky to have a dilapidated TV. I just but I even feel like if you have a daughter, like young young women like set up a dorm room so different now, like it's like a something you say of like a ET's. I mean the most rich had was a Tim Tuffel poster in his room. Now I had a weak ass.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I just put highlighters in alcohol bottles and they would remember. They would like, yeah I get back light, Yeah they would, but the black light would make a look if you put the stars up on your ceiling, oh yeah, that was go to hey, good luck with the romance. Good luck to any young kids starting college. And if you are sending your kids to college, wow, must be wild. All right, I got a few, I got a two years left. Yeah, yeah, it's it's a weird feeling for sure. So yeah, good luck with your school year. Kids are back to school already. Thornton Mellon style here in Los Angeles East Coast got it right well after Labor DA, after Labor Day, too soon, all right, So let's talk about Beishbao this weekend. You already mentioned it. Joshua Biaz coolest thing ever. First pitch he sees in the big leagues. His teammates and the miners are watching. That clip has gone viral. They're watching their buddy step up. You know, like, yo, that's we know this dude. He's in the show. No, actually he's English. Are you into show? No?
Speaker 3: Actually? I mean he had just been in that locker room with them, right, and he.
Speaker 2: Hits home run that gives hope and inspire inspiration for everybody. Like they go wild. Everybody goes wild. The first pitchy sees, his family goes nuts. But I mean, listen, some some prospects get the call up because they're projected to be a big start. Some get the call up because the need is you know, they're they're fulfilling in need. The team has injuries or something. So I mean, we all agree that when you get an opportunity, you don't know how long it's going to be. Some guys get the call up. No, but he had that big league aura, as they say, he stepped up there, and look the part you he smiled at that home run, swinging at that first pitch like I'm going, you know, he's looking, he's looking fastball all the way, probably right bomb. You get that out the way. But there's a part of it. It's like what he did in three half bats in a row is so remarkable that.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, it's never been done.
Speaker 2: No, but I almost feel like like now it's gonna Like it.
Speaker 3: Was almost too much on day one to the point where I feel bad.
Speaker 2: For the kid, like, oh, it's all downhill.
Speaker 3: It's your favorite team scores fifteen runs and then the next day they score one. Yeah, No, you should have spread it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I mean, I hope this guy they spread it out all over the field and the other guy he hit a home run in every part of the field. I hope he continues to dominate and has a fun season. But I'm like, man, imagine the confidence you must have knowing.
Speaker 3: That this guy could play.
Speaker 2: Let's just say, let's just say he plays fifteen years in the bigs, has an illustrious career. That's a very good chance he'll never hit three home runs. Any game he may have done on day one, it's your great day ever. What he'll never do again? It would be like I mean, really, the equivalent would be like a pitcher, So I mean, I bet you pitch it. A shutout or a note maybe even a no hitter would be the what's the equivalent to you in your first game hitting three home runs in your first three at Pats, Like that's something you're like, you're never gonna do. Dude, you don't even do that in with football, right, like you did that in the big leagues, all that pressure in front of your family and wow, what a day. And by the way, take kids out of it, right you mentioned your kids and back to school. That has to be his best day ever. Do you know your best day ever? Think about that for a second. That's this dude's best day ever. Like I said, take your nose picking kids out of it. Now, you can't be like today the kids are born. Obvious answer, But can you pinpoint your best day ever? Well made it even cooler, right, We're like, is this the coolest thing ever? Three home runs in your debut by the first time ever? How about the ovation from the opposing team? That was When you see a mutual respect like that and people tip their hat, that has to be one of the coolest things ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when an away crowd gives you a standing ovation, that has to be one of the cooler feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Last time I saw that was when the Russians cheered for Rocky Balboa.
Speaker 3: Rocky what Rocky?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, that's gotta be the coolest feeling ever. If you could change and we all could change. That was the last time nineteen eighty five, by the last Now, you haven't seen that since eighty five. Last time, it's been forty plus years since that. Yeah, that was that was Christmas Day. On Christmas Day. Now, based on that, any thoughts on Joshua Bias by all means you want to share your greatest day ever, because it's hard to pinpoint everyone's ever, everyone's greatest day they're gonna go one of three places because being born and then you said you can't do that.
Speaker 3: Then they're gonna go some dirty route.
Speaker 2: Like I was in college and there's one night there were these multiple girls like it's gonna go there, or it's gonna go like I won money. It's it's gonna go one of three directions, money or booty. That's it money, booty or your kids are born. I don't think there's another cat. What would your other best day be a really nice name.
Speaker 3: No, we all have big work accomplishments. You know what. It's usually money related, I'm saying, though usually we're not all following money though. Rich maybe like that day I saw my name on a blimp. That was a good day. Remember that day we were we were doing Sunday nights on the network as the Covino and Rich Show, and we waited for them to make an opening on the full time roster for the show. That's essentially yeah, It's it's like a band hearing their song on the radio for the first time. Because when we got that call up to the full time roster on Fox Sports Radio, we were running around like our song was.
Speaker 2: A perspective there's only so many openings, and at this level of the game.
Speaker 3: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: Honestly, professionally, no matter what you do for a living, there is I'm sure there's a few moments, you know, because for him, for Joshua Bias, that's his profession, right, So professionally that would be equivalent to like, you know, after our run at Sirius XM and doing some TV stuff at ESPN and all the things he did when when Fox Sports was like, hey, I remember we had a lunch and they said, hey, we're rearranging the schedule you guys. Are we need you guys full time? That's you're right, that's the you know that it was super cool. I remember that would be we did not know going into that lunch, No, not at all. So makes you think of your grade. It's fanny to say hobby byas Joshua josh Oabias is easy for him to pinpoint still floating around probably riding on that high and his family was there after the game cheering him on. So that happened this weekend. Doesn't get cooler than that. But based on baseball, yeah, it's like a two part thing. Because Rich brought this up recently personally, and I saw a viral clip. You know why, because your phone's listening. That's why it's so rich was talking about this because it recently happened to him. But then I saw like a viral TikTok clip of two dudes debating how they feel about it. So we're like, you know what, let's bring this up today, Dan Patrick. There's a few things in life that are pretty intimate. And we're not talking bedroom action, okay unless you want to know, but I'm talking like how long, how many wallets have you had in the lifetime?
Speaker 3: How many wallets? Like you could go like your dad probably had two wallets in his whole life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wallet is one of those very intimate like you might have your Grandpa Bey's wallet and I'm already had. And I think a wallet is something you can't buy for someone else, like a lot of time. A lot of times a wife or a girlfriend or someone might buy their due to wallet, and if he doesn't ask for it, he may not.
Speaker 3: It's almost insulted.
Speaker 2: He might be like I don't like I think I'm going to replace my wallet that I had for twenty five years with this, or like a thin wallet or money clip.
Speaker 3: I know not everyone cares out a big ass wallet anymore. But there's some fancy leather ones where your letters, your initials are engraved. Yeah, I got one from my grandpa. But but yeah, exactly. But I don't how many of you had, like you gut you can go a whole a lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two, yeah, right, maybe three? And then nowadays we have a magnet magnet ones. Yeah, most people. Rich doesn't even use a walt anymore. I still have want to keep it in a bag like we don't. We don't rock them the same way that our grandpappy's did.
Speaker 3: But Rich the barcode from his big fat head over there.
Speaker 2: There was a point in my life where people would get me one for Christmas. I'd be like, no, thanks, trifled, nice try, I'm not replacing my wallet with this. So based on that thought, like certain things, certain gifts are a little more intimate than others.
Speaker 3: If a grown man.
Speaker 2: Has to borrow your baseball glove, another thing you you may have. Unless you're a professional, you know you may have like two or three a lifetime.
Speaker 3: If a grown man.
Speaker 2: Wanted to stick his sweaty meat hooks cave, you know, his sausage fingers into your glove.
Speaker 3: This video is great because it's it's a there's a video of a guy. How do you react? We don't me to play the video.
Speaker 2: But what was interesting about it is a guy's on the beach and I totally felt what he was saying.
Speaker 3: He was saying how he's on the beach, and he said he saw a neighbor. He saw a neighbor.
Speaker 2: And asked him like, hey, man, like, uh, we bar your baseball gloves so we could have a catch. And to me, there is something so oddly intimate about a baseball glove. And you could think that's like crazy to say it is because you only have a few throughout a lifetime, like the wallet, you have your little lee glove.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're like little kid glove, right, your little glove. It might have been the same one.
Speaker 2: You had one through your junior high days through high school, and then you had like one that was maybe your college adult life. I think kids now, I think kids now compared to our generation, end.
Speaker 3: Up having way more gloves. I feel like every year or so, they get a.
Speaker 2: New all different teams, now different colors, a different color. But but I feel like a baseball glove, though, is it weird to think borrow? Like using someone else's baseball glove is too Intimately, it's like wearing someone's chonies.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's like borrowing socks, like if I just sweat in there, it's your I think socks custom fit to your hands. Socks are questionable, not underwear, underwear in a bathing suit or interesting. Like Danny, if we were all hanging, it was like, Yo, Danny stepped at a puddle.
Speaker 3: It's like, no socks, Like you might give me them and be like, don't give him back though, it's like meet the parents. Yeah, it's like taking.
Speaker 2: It's like Danny taking his sneakers off right now and me sticking my foot in his warm, toasty, almost moist, mustier, musty sneakinger.
Speaker 3: It'd be like borrowing readers somebody.
Speaker 2: I think if someone asked to borrow your glove, it's like.
Speaker 3: What, I don't know what, Maybe get your own.
Speaker 2: You're just saying, like a couple of feet, like socks, you'll let Oh, dude, I stepped at a puddle or someone's at your house.
Speaker 3: Like you got a pair of socks. Yeah, but you could be like, yeah, you could you'd say you could keep them. You're not. You're not gonna be give me those.
Speaker 2: And if you were, all, Dad, we're gonna go, Oh, we're gonna go play some basketball, do it. I'm wearing flip flops. It's the summer. You got an extra pair of sneakers. That's another. Yeah, you put in your.
Speaker 3: Grown man feet in my shoes, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The only exception is your wife or girlfriend when it comes to this stuff. Because Rich breaks all the rules. Rich share socks with his wife. They borrow toothbrushes, which.
Speaker 3: I think is agency. Yeah, an emergency. My girlfriend wants to borrow my deowner. I'm I keep it. I don't want it back. Now, I'm saying the in an emergency of all emergencies.
Speaker 2: And I don't think. I don't think there's lines with a girlfriy. Oh my goodness, a toothbrush that soundsanity.
Speaker 4: Did you guys ever go to a sleepover and you're like, oh, I forgot my toothbrush and then your friend's mom was like, well, you have to use your finger, yes, And they're like I put it on you, and I'm like I'm not doing this.
Speaker 3: This doesn't work. Yeah, but your finger is.
Speaker 2: Better than someone else's, right, So let's focus back on the glove though, and any thoughts that you have, is that like way too personal?
Speaker 3: Are we being crazy?
Speaker 2: Because what validated Rich and I thought was this video that we saw over the weekend.
Speaker 3: This guy was like, ho, what do you want my girlfriend too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like my glove? What's next you want to Yeah? You want my lady? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Like this?
Speaker 2: Is that's a crazy I think, because there's something when you play baseball or rec league softball, whatever, you your hand's dirty, it's sweaty, and just to feel like the leather. I don't years of your sweaty fingers. I just I'm just picking it. You have years of accumulated grossness. I don't like the idea of even someone will be chewing on my laces because you start to chew on those laces.
Speaker 3: Some other guys that chew on your lace, Like even something like.
Speaker 2: You're talking about, like I do you know the taste of a your own baseball glove? Like if I were saying, if I were saying, would be like, oh, it's a great drink, take a sip.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be grossed.
Speaker 2: Out sharing a cup with Sam, Like if he's like take us back, sweaty. But if I was Sam's like your baseball go for pickup game, I'd be like, I would be more inclined to to share way more what you would think questionable things than before baseball glove, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: To me?
Speaker 2: Baseball gloves like top tier, don't don't other things that you're a little hesitant about. You can give us a call now at eight seven seven ninety nine m Fox, you know what the best answer will give you a prize and eight seven seven ninety nine Fox. But I think I think most people would agree, like yeah, certain people you might give the pass so they forgot theirs. There's a stolen that we're not saying we never did it, but it's always that weird request of like serious especially like like sometimes if you play like you're a little reluctant for people that play like like men's softball, like rec league softball, there will be that rare occasion when someone on some team somewhere or a company picked me like, hey we're short of glove, could so queen bar glove? And you're like and you're waiting for everyone else to volunteer because you're like, I don't want someone using my glove. It is a weird intimate thing. So your thoughts and uh, speaking of baseball. Coming up next, we're gonna play big Poppy trivia. This is your opportunity to win some prizes from Fox Sports Radio. It's very simple. It's multiple choice baseball trivia.
Speaker 3: You got to tell the DP audience about the prizes because because we actually have some cool swag on the show.
Speaker 2: It's the summer prize pack of the summer. And that's true, Danny g. A lot of other shows give out stuff you don't even want. Get this summer prize pack of the summer. We have summer coozies, right Fox Sports Radio. Covino and Rich nice black ones. They look sharp, they slick sleep coozies coozies. We got a grilling grilling Apron Grilling Apron. Part is their two faces are on the grilling apron. Yes, stupid faces are there, but you could wipe all the hot dog grease on Rich's face soon fall. Grilling Apron, Gaming Apen, it's multiple a multiple purpose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not just for summer.
Speaker 2: So we got the grilling Aprons Summer prize pack and Danny g throw some little mini footballs and little little mini NERF football A little love note for.
Speaker 3: You, Sam's faces on the Nerf footballs. By the way, that's right, throwman to the dirt.
Speaker 2: So if you want to win a prize eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, if you win big poppy baseball.
Speaker 3: Trivia will hook you up. Yeah, call now, We'll do that next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: This is Rob Parker and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't.
Speaker 3: Listen to this show. No Mo.
Speaker 5: The host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it.
Speaker 3: Down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Pauli and Ony Foosco show. No Way, no how.
Speaker 2: They asked us if we wanted to fill in for Dan Patrick, and I said, what where the Joshua bias of radio shows? I don't want to do one show, not even two shows. Three shows to day one of the Dan Patrick Patrick rookie. No, no, no, no, I'm saying I'm going for three. Looking look at all our feedback. We have that conversation earlier about is it okay to let someone borrow your baseball glove?
Speaker 3: Is it really intimate?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 2: I know you want to you want to use want to borrow my bedtime pillow? While you're at it, Dan Milillo hit us up out here in Los Angeles and goes, you're one hundred percent correct about the baseball glove.
Speaker 3: If someone asked you that, I.
Speaker 2: Would say no, like it's a very I say beat it very like scramble limit. It's a cringey thing to bring your own? What are you a schoolboy? You forgot? Anyway, lots of fun today on the DP Show and again tomorrow we got Drew Brees, Frank Kelly endo It's gonna be a really fun Tuesday show. I'm hearing some other big names, but I don't want to overpromise. Hey, speaking of over promise, that's our bonus podcast. So if you like our show, well a few things. We have a Patreon Monday through Thursday. It's uncensored. Rich gets crazy on the Patreon. You're listing off too much. I know, right Patreon dot com slash Covino and Rich and over promises right here on our Fox Sports Radio feed. It's a little hybrid of our Patreon and Fox Sports and it's uncensored. Over promised with CNR episode one fifty one, but right now we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. After the show, the podcast goes up every day. Danny g puts our best of up. We have a best of the week. It's all there. Search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and rate it five stars. Well, the hottest rookies, the biggest stars, and all the greats. One place to collect them all. Pinnini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show for instant classics, autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, and more. Start or continue that collection right now at Pinini America dot net. But it's time right now to give away some prizes. Let's do some big poppy trivia.
Speaker 1: Iron Mike Show Time, My homes Shack, dzel Shock Daddy meets your baseball counterpart.
Speaker 2: It's a big pumpy Corino in itach. I love you guys, especially the Corino guys. The other guy he head too big. It's time for big poppy baseball trivia.
Speaker 1: Radio game firing some MLB trivia as you, I swing hard in case I hate it. Big poppy for big process.
Speaker 3: You play game, you call it.
Speaker 1: That's big poppy baseball trivia.
Speaker 3: The baseball trevia. Let's hope all right our FSR security walking broke Poppy into the main studio, Eh, Poppy Hoppy? Yeah, usually you're on the afternoon drive show with us. Thank you for waking up and coming in. Hey, it's my bed. Hey, Donny g great to see you man. You go for me? Hey, Poppy?
Speaker 2: Hey same, Hey my dog? Hey, pe wee my dog. Hey, you look like you look like Kevin Burkhard. Hey this guy look like a He looked like Woody from a toy story. Thanks, Poppy, yay Woody from a toy story. Hey, where's Damn Patrick. They say, hey, be poppy, wake up early. You see Damn Patrick. Where's Dan Patrick? He's not here. That's Betty disappointing. All right, that's what the audience's Betty happy to be he all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Meet the Yeah, here we go. Three time winner Rich Davis right over there?
Speaker 2: What up? Hey?
Speaker 3: Pee wee? You go with me, mat and you show me. Usually our update anchor Dan Bayer plays with us, but he's not here. Mikey. One of our editors is.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 3: Do you see you man? We know Mike. We know Michael is a good dude because he's a Raiders fan that makes automatic automatically. No, no, no, you're not go with me. You're not go with me? All right? Looking to win our seeing our summer prize pack on the studio lines, including that grilling apron. Jordan's in northern Michigan first through, Hey Jordan's Hey, I love the show, Thank you, Jordan. What do you do for a living there in Michigan?
Speaker 1: I'm a builder?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: All right. Here are the rules for Big Poppy Trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer? Hey, Danny g I'm a champion too. We know you are Poppy here. Yeah, that's right. The Yankee loos the Yankee loo don't interrupt me, Poppy, your name is your buzzer. But you gotta wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Let's get a ball?
Speaker 3: Hey, where's Dan Patrick? Got hey? Either way? Happy to be Henk, Betty, happy to be Henk?
Speaker 2: Everyone talking about Maya is hitting three dingers in his debut Hey, doos go with me?
Speaker 1: To go with me?
Speaker 3: Who is the most recent player to hit too hold on in his debut two? In his debut two? Do has go with me?
Speaker 2: Hey toever story for the Rockies b Jose Fernandez for the Diamond Box or see Mark Quinn for the Royals.
Speaker 3: Who is the most recent? Rich Rich?
Speaker 2: I gave you a beat man. I was trying to give our listener a chance. I feel like Trevor's story always pops up.
Speaker 3: Like you're wrong because he wasn't the most recent. Hey, you lose yours? Thanks, Poppy, Jordan, you want to try to go for the steal, no penalty if you're wrong. Yeah, we'll go with and you are halfway to that's right, go this past march, Fernande for the Diamamar. Yeah, at the very end of March the diamond BA all right, Jordan, halfway to the promised Land. We go to round two, Hey, big Poppy three va we played today? We went today. That's say that.
Speaker 2: Say, Hey, if I did better with the tweens, I could have been if you did better with you remember when I suck with the tweens.
Speaker 3: I tried, I tried to forget. I could have won this record.
Speaker 2: Who became the fastest player in MLB history to reach three hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: Career home run?
Speaker 6: Hey, Alex Rodriguez, b Mark McGuire or c Anon. Judge Mike Mike, all right, we're gonna go with Aaron Judge.
Speaker 3: Editor Mikey on the board. Hey, by the way, you see that picture of a Rod. I call him a Rod now, guys, Jim chose Bot try he got the Louis baslagger and it's palon is all right, Jordan Rod Reggaez, you get it. Jordan and Michael both on the board. We go round three. Hey, I just want to say, it's a pleasure. Happy to be here, big puppy. What was I once quoted saying about being.
Speaker 2: The guy, being the guy, being the guy, being the guy? Hey, I ain't going to lie to you or something like that. I ain't gonna lie to you being the guy.
Speaker 3: Oh you like me?
Speaker 1: I like being the guy.
Speaker 2: B You know I called Dedic Jeter peeweet right, hey, pee wee thing. He the biggest legend in New York, like Maye Ruth never existed, by the way, Babe Ruth never existed, or see, being the guy is amazing except when the whole team is in a big slump.
Speaker 3: What I say about being the guy? Jordan, Jordan for the win. I'll go with the first one. Yes, this morning, I ain't gonna lie to you. I like being the guy. You like? You like it house right, That's right, It's go with me, Jordan. Congratulations. We will be mailing out that seeing our grilling Apron and the rest of the prize pack to you there in Northern Michigan.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Hey Jordan, congratulations.
Speaker 1: You go with me, mate.
Speaker 3: I give you my dog T shirt.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 3: I give you my dog t shirt. Thank you, Jo Dog appreciate you. Thank you. Poppy, Hey tailor, I say hello, alright, we'll see you next week on our drive show.
Speaker 2: The Yankee Loos, The Yankee loo Thanks Poppy, Thanks Poppy. By the way, the Red Sox is big, probably too hyped up for the Dan Patrick Show. He was pretty hype Red Sox.
Speaker 3: They got cold for a minute, but they're still They're still right there. But they were cheating.
Speaker 2: That's why I should ask Poppy about that. Just big Peppy today, Yeah, Peppy, he was big Peppy. Yeah. Now, there was rumors that the Yankees were starting pretty much that they were cheating and you know, using technology to their advantage. But they have gotten cold since. Can I tell you I've I've talked about this on our afternoon show earlier in the year, and I thought by now there'd be some type of momentum change with some of these teams. Would you believe in the American League right now there's only one, two, three, four, five teams over five hundred. That's remarkable that more people batting over three hundred or teams over five. Who are teams over five as of right now? The Tampa Bay Rays are far Yeah, people everyone, people are buying into their height, and people are sort of sleeping on the rais the Rays, you know, seventy four and forty nine.
Speaker 3: No, I think people were sleeping on the raise. Now people are like, you know.
Speaker 2: What, they're actually really good, seventy four and forty nine, best recond in the AL. And then the craziest part is the White Sox. I mean, the Yankees are the wildcard right there, but as of right now, all three wildcards would be from the American League East. And would you believe this is this is crazy because what the what did the Orioles do with the trade deadline?
Speaker 3: They were selling right? Rutchman ended up.
Speaker 2: On the on the.
Speaker 3: Red Sox. Yeah, they played big yesterday.
Speaker 2: But the Baltimore Orioles are sixty one and sixty three. They're under five hundred, but would be the wild card if the season ended right now. It would be the first time in Major League Baseball history that a team made the postseason under five hundred. This is not the NBA where some bunk nine or ten seed playing game or an eight seed is under five hundred. And like the NBA Eastern Conference has some like like whackass Charlotte team that's uther five hundred Camino as of right now. And in the West, just get this, in the West, the Houston Astros are sixty three and sixty two. They're only a game above five hundred, and they're in first place. So that's the AL some really lame numbers as far as the AL just seems meager to the point where you know, the Texas Rangers are sixty one and sixty four, they're three games other five hundred, and they're only two games out of first place. So the AO West seems like trash, the Centrals trash except for the White Sox, but they're only they're six seven games over five hundred. They're not doing it being crazy. And it's really all about the Rays, Yankees.
Speaker 3: And the Red Sox really.
Speaker 2: And I think and the and the last week checked there was only like five or six players batting over three hundred this year each year, less and less.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. That's a that's a wild thing.
Speaker 2: When you look at the averages, and when you look at your team again you mentioned I'm a Yankees fan, you look at the numbers, they're pathetic, dude, especially if you grew up, you.
Speaker 3: Know, a fan of.
Speaker 2: Seventies, eighties baseball, even nineties baseball. When average matter, we understand it doesn't matter anymore. But when you're betting on the Interstate or two fifteen to eighteen, seven guys, seven guys seven now, and and one of those guys is betting three to zero two Diaz on Tampa.
Speaker 3: He has a bad day today average he can be looking at six.
Speaker 2: The averages are terrible and the best average in Major League Baseball three twenty one.
Speaker 3: That's insane. In our YouTube channel chat, mercer boy says, the batting average infuriates me. Sure pitchers are throwing harder, but I really think if hitters didn't try to do too much, they'd do way better.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. You know who would uh really opposed to this? The really absurdly buff Wade Bogs. I don't know if you guys have been uh yeah, buff buzz Norris, yeah body. I don't know if you guys are watching body by Bogs like I am. But the super ripped and is that real or not? It is?
Speaker 3: He checked out, it's real.
Speaker 2: The buff Bogs would not approve of Buff Bogwell, Buff Bogwell, No, seriously, if you have no idea what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: He's absurdly jacked right now.
Speaker 2: The last time you saw Wade Bogs was probably on a horse in ninety six, riding a horse at Yankee Stadium. But that is a weird dream I had. But you don't dreams about that way too often. I don't know what's a weird dress, Wade Bogs on a horse crying or him looking buff on a boat. Because if you haven't seen him recently, dude is jacked. He's on those peptides riches on. He's on that wolverine stack.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: The craziest part of this weak ass, the craziest part of this weak ass, Like, no, but hold on, hold on three hundreds. I bring up Wade Box not just because he's buffed, but when you think of the guys we grew up with. Every team had a superstar that batted in the high three hundreds, Paul Mollet or Don Mattingly, Mike Schmidt, Wade Boggs, George.
Speaker 3: Brett, Tony Gwynn.
Speaker 2: Like, we were so spoiled with superstars that hit for average and just could straight out hit.
Speaker 3: Now we got a rise, and that's it.
Speaker 2: The craziest part about run, and everyone dumps on the craziest part about a rise. You gotta get on base. Who the Phillies picked up Big Egles acquisition. He is currently leading the National League in batting with an average of three p fifteen. That'll be his what fourth team? He will be his fourth his fourth team batting title and no one cares. It would be his fourth batting title. And I just thought that when we were kids, and Tony Gwynn and Wade Boggs and Robin Youllt and George Brent and these guys are hitting like three ninety three, sixty seventy three after their dude.
Speaker 3: That guy hit.
Speaker 2: I remember like like every team had, like, as a Mets fan, like Keith Hernander, be a guy with Keith Hernander's about three hundred every year, every guy, every team just had a guy that was batting three hundred. You had your three hundred hitter or the bat think of your RBI baseball stats. Every team had a guy. And then there came a point where in the nineties when those numbers are starting to explode, then there were guys like the Griffies and the Frank Thomases and the Poolhulls that were batting three thirty, three forty but also hitting forty fifty home runs. So we are in a world now where you bet two twenty and hit bombs or one guy bats three fifteen. And it goes back to what we were talking about earlier. And so you know, going for the fence. The game's changed. We know that guy, ye, but you got cal Rowley Batton one fifty eight. That dude would not have been on your team, uh, you know, fifteen years ago. And look at the look up Austin Wells, even though he's been fire lately. What's he batting now? One seventy. So anyway, thank you guys for hanging out with us. Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio and we're gonna talk a little wrestling.
Speaker 3: We all grew up.
Speaker 2: We all grew up with guys like Wade Bogs, but we also grew up speaking of Wade Bogs with his bff Kurt Hennick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wrestling.
Speaker 2: There's a funny wrestling story we'll get to and we'll we'll wrap the show. Appreciate Dan Patrick and the Dantz for letting us fill in more. Convino on Rich next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: I have a Shepherd Smith retraction to make rich. Austin Wells isn't batting one seventy He's batting one seventy nine. I'm sorry, Oh he's almost there. Not sure what happened there, won't happen again. Yeah, Department of Correction called.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Elias from the Sports Bureau hit me up. We're statboy when you need him. Dwayne st That hit me up. Hey, good one. Danny G. That's my guy.
Speaker 2: Danny G is on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We are Covino Enrich honored to be in for Dan Patrick. Remember we're on Monday through Friday, normally five to seven on the East, two to four out here on the West side. Let me remind everyone that everyone searching for ways to save on insurance switched to Liberty Mutual and they'll customize your auto and home insurance so you only pay.
Speaker 3: For what you need. Liberty, Liberty, Liberty, Liberty.
Speaker 2: Get a quote today at Libertymutul dot com or with your local independent agent. Now Manyana, We're here for three days. The Dan Patrick Patrick Tomorrow, We're here in Frank Collendo stopping buy I like, who's cooler than Frank? The best voices you guys know, I will never get Oh no, he's the best.
Speaker 3: So he'll be here.
Speaker 2: Plus Hall of Famer Rod cru Kimbert, Drew Brees is in the house, and you never know who's.
Speaker 3: Gonna stop by. A new Hall of Famer Drew Brees call is down. Yeah, super cool.
Speaker 2: So Drew Brees, Frank Callando Tomorrow is gonna be fun, and some more guests on Wednesday as well, So follower to a fun hat trick and Danny you look forward to Thursday. A little Raiders action that they're your first game of this week of the preseason Week two. So Raiders Texans and my forty nine ers face their old coach Jim Harbaugh.
Speaker 3: That's also a Thursday game Raiders. Yeah. I wonder how Fernando. I wonder how Fernando's gonna look now that he kind of got the you know, nervousness out of his system. I did think it was I'll be honest, like I was.
Speaker 2: I was of the feeling that like he's got it, he's got to cool it a little bit with like the like, oh man, I'm like the oldimod aw shucks team guy, like I don't want to let everyone down, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think part of it is because he hadn't lost. He played in so many big games. The preseason game. Dude, you look sharp. It's the preseason. I agree. I'm a Raiders fan about like chill, dude and have some confidence.
Speaker 2: Be like maybe that's a conversation for tomorrow. Because something happened at UFC over the weekend where Gary was going for a title fight Makachev and Dana White. After the fight was like, man, this sportsmanship gone a little too far. Like you're there, like you're fighting for the title. It's UFC, Like you know enough sportsmanship. You gotta have that killer instinct. Yeah, I mean, I like, bro, but if it's who you are, then it's who you are.
Speaker 3: Like your old homie Broussard on first things first, he was like, yeah, I get it, but you played good. So calm down. You don't need to you know, be hard on yourself like that and like throw yourself under the bus. There's no reason shouldn't game we.
Speaker 2: Get a little humility once in a while. I don't know if it's that bad, but you do need that killer instinct, you need that balance. So we'll figure it out. Maybe we'll talk about it tomorrow, because there's more important things to talk about.
Speaker 3: Rich. Like this guy, this Italian.
Speaker 2: Making the rounds again, Luigi prem Yeah, we've seen him before, but like said Coe, you and I have talked about him, Yes, yes, because I discovered this guy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this guy's shtick is amazing.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think I always sam signed him. He's a wrestler, Rich Luigi Primo, an Italian semi pro wrestler.
Speaker 4: Who he's he wanted you to know he's a profession He's a professionally professional wrestler and full professional.
Speaker 2: Dressed into the ring, enters the ring dressed like a pizza chef and knocks opponents out by throwing pizza pies at him.
Speaker 3: Luiggi Primo the dough as he's you know, flattening it out, getting it ready, so it's like flat dough in a circle, uses it as a weapon, and he looks like amazing.
Speaker 2: Isn't there a semi pro wrestler who pretends like profession isn't there a another guy saying that uses his junk as like a weapon.
Speaker 3: He's your favorite guy.
Speaker 2: Keep it on, Luigi Prima rich loves that GUYLI Rich Rich has his thumb wrestler. You know, you know who my favorite is. When it comes to like random gimmicks. Focus by the way, we grew up with random gimmicks, right, I mean we.
Speaker 3: What was the lamest one to you? No, there's the Red Rooster.
Speaker 2: Well, he's infamously known as being like one of the gis with skimmis right, the Red Rooster. But how about your uncle dangerous dangerous Danny. But there's a guy who's also like a semi I think he's like a local dude, but he's viral and he's really funny. He goes by the name of Steven Flow, and he's one of my favorites because he comes out he's Stephen but he comes out like he's the grune guy, and he's like he has the flannel and he's like he has like this George military boots, white doctor Lawrens and he's like Steve and.
Speaker 3: Does he smother the opponent with like a stinky flannel. Oh dude, is the best.
Speaker 2: I love I love that gimmick, Stephen Flow. I think it's so funny. So which ones stand out to you? It's just funnything fun to end on. You hit us up at Covino and Rich at Box Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: I mean, we lived.
Speaker 2: We grew up in the eighties and nineties at a time where wrestling gimmicks were like there could be one stupider than next, and they played them up like, you know, they showed up as those characters.
Speaker 3: You could love her.
Speaker 2: Hate Vince McMahon, but back in the day, it's pretty funny how he just took chances on certain dumb gimmicks, and we as kids were like, yeah, like I always think of one.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the Repo Man? Yes, and that that was smashed from Demolition.
Speaker 2: If you remember the detect Team Demolition after Demolition, Like, all right, now the detag Team Demolition's over. We're gonna have you be a guy that wears like a little mask. He's gonna go around in a trench coat and you're you're the Repo Man, Like you're the guy that repossesses.
Speaker 3: Things from people. I mean, everyone hates the repo man. Yeah, but like that to me, I always thought that was the weakest gimmick of all time. Now, pizza guy.
Speaker 2: And you already mentioned your your real dad, right, Dunk the clown. You already mentioned Doink the clown.
Speaker 3: But think about it.
Speaker 2: We were very open to it because we grew up with George the animals, steals and stupid stuff like that.
Speaker 3: The Bushwaggers always come to mind because what were they doing?
Speaker 2: But they were great. You don't thought everyone in New Zealand acted like that. Who I used to love those guys. That's why we bush waxed still till his day. So other random gimmicks that are just so stupid.
Speaker 3: You can hit us up.
Speaker 2: And uh, you love pizza. We appreciate pizza guys. The new race, he should get manager. He can't be bringing pizza do in the ring. But imagine instead of like a megaphone or a cane or something like that, imagine he just, uh the refs are looking slaps him with some pizza dough.
Speaker 3: This guy, I mean, I think he's gonna be a big star because you know why, I think you're wrong, but I love it. He might though, because he keeps going viral. This is like his second third round viral.
Speaker 4: Viral over the weekend, a couple of million views. He does this thing where there's like a Haducan with his pizza dough. Yea, it punches it and it flies so forcefully at the opponent. It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Actually look at that. So this is the type of stuff you will look up, Yes, Luigi plea. The time I get invested in rest is this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Legend to be lookout for him. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Thank you again to Dan Patrick and the Dan Attewer letting us fill in. We'll see you guys tomorrow, Day two of the hat Trick again with Drew Brees with Frank Kelly Endo a fun show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll see then a Ribadci baby, see you in the Promised Land. Goodbye, goodbye, guys,