Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready, It's about to hit the fan.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays Terrestling with Friday.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Unsanctioned Thursdays, the episodes that exist because of you, the listeners, and you guys downloading these, giving us those reviews and all that love sharing it with your friends.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. We love you. Guys. Now it's time.
Speaker 2: For some Thursday news and we're going to talk Premiere Streaming Network Showcase.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: This is the company that I'm a co owner in, the premier streaming network. You guys download the app, you can subscribe to the app, and on September ninth, they're having their first showcase. It's in Mudi Chin. I can never say it right. I want to call it Matuchin. It's Matouchin. Sometimes I'll say the tucin mootouching. I have said it right maybe twice in my life. But it's in South New Jersey and they're having their first championship match with the men and the women. Happy to announce here on the show that the men's championship match is the Indie God Matt Cardona versus The King of the Indies Cult Cabana, and the women's championship matches are Lady eller Ring and Lady Delander, who you guys both saw on NXT. Both women are amazing, They're going to be awesome matches. That's September ninth. The Premiere streaming network is available on lots of platforms and devices, including the Web, iOS and Android, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, and many smart TVs. It's free to download and pay per view. Events are available as members. You guys can even watch Slammer Versary and watch Bully Ray whip some ass this weekend. Wo what Jeff talk to me, dude? You want to watch Bully Ray kick some ass formerly known as Bubba Ray.
Speaker 3: I love Bubba Ray. I love the dun super underrated, always have.
Speaker 2: I don't wrestling fans don't underrate them, but people who don't understand wrestling wouldn't get them and they'd be underappreciated.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like wrestling fans freaking love the Dudley Boys.
Speaker 3: Hey, so, Matt Cordona and Colt Cabana, let's talk about these dudes ones called the King of the indies and ones called the indie God, and they're gonna, I guess they're gonna try to figure that out with their match. But here's the thing. King not as good as God. Right, God beats King.
Speaker 1: No, unless you're an atheist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, col Cobana doesn't believe, you know.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, yeah, Okay, you're a god, bro, Yeah that could be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's all too, he's all King of the Castle. Oh big whoop, you think you're a god.
Speaker 1: They have a they have a cool story.
Speaker 2: Like cold Cabana really innovated independent wrestling in the form of merchandise. He was one of the first to like pave a path and show how successful you could still be by while doing merch on the indie tours, and a lot of ler sort of followed that model and suit, and so that's why a lot of people call him King of the Indies. And then Cardona comes in. He leaves WWE, he goes to I think it was GCW and does that crazy death match against Nick Gage where he's just bleeding everywhere in his friggin moms in the audience. And because he bled the way he did and his willingness to everybody like in the hardcore world just fell in love with him and started giving him all this love, and then he just started collecting belts and all these indie promotions, and then he started doing the merch thing that Colt does. So then he's like, basically, yeah, you created it, but I evolved it. Now I'm the indie god. And Cold Cobana's like, what fuck you? You better not forget my name, and he's like, your name's already been forgotten, your son of it. And now they can beef it out and we can see who truly is the champion, and they'll get the first ever Premier Championship Network Championship belt.
Speaker 1: Hopefully I can get like a replica and show it off to you. I like that.
Speaker 3: Those guys are both great guys too. I've met both of them and they're nice guys.
Speaker 1: I have too, man.
Speaker 2: You know, I worked at WWE sadly during his Scottie Goldman phase, which was not good. I didn't have to write for it, but they asked me to help like fix it a few times, and it was very difficult to give him what he deserved within the parameters that were unmovable as far as Vince was concerned and it was really hard to get him over based on what they were going to allow him to do. And he knew it. He still went after it and went out there. Christa Joseph DJ knew it, but he still committed everything he could. And I knew it and I tried my best, but we just couldn't get that. We couldn't get that gimmick through. Man, we just couldn't get it to work.
Speaker 3: I don't I might be misremembering your opinion on this subject, but I'm pretty sure you're not crazy about death matches, right, because you just referenced the.
Speaker 2: The blood is so like, I like fake blood, okay, I like horror movies where all the blood is used up and the next horror movie is like, all right with go get some blood, and like, I'm sorry it was all used up on that movie, Freddy like, but when it's.
Speaker 1: Real blood, I'm like, oh God, I know that guy.
Speaker 2: Jesus, it's just hard, man, it's really hard for me to watch. I'm soft man, I'm sawft.
Speaker 3: No you're not, but I was right, And remember that you're not crazy about the death matches. Guys like me grew up in the early nineties late eighties kind of like was when we were like learning things and finding our own interests like ECW. The success of ECW was it was just so gritty and extreme. We just talked about the Dudley Boys, which no one gives any credit to Spike Dudley as one of the Dudley Boys who took the best bumps into The crazy.
Speaker 1: Guy was like Gumby Man. He just body would fold and bend. Oh, he's fine.
Speaker 3: He's not even like stiff now, like he doesn't have any like long term injuries or anything. The guys, you know, whatever, what I was gonna say about this, what's keeping for ae W and WWF for that matter, for not having also like a deathmatch built, and there's like, you know, there's like one death match per pay per view, or there's like, you know, like why don't put a storyline like that, put a belt on Nick Cage.
Speaker 2: AW did a storyline with Chris Jericho and Nick Age where he came in and they actually fought and had basically a deathmatch. So they've done it. But WWE East publicly traded man. They will never really ever have a deathmatch ever. It's not even up for debate. I guarantee you it wouldn't even be up for debate if you brought it up as a as a writer in the creative room. They wouldn't even let you bring it to Vince. Like it's just it wouldn't. They're too scared of that with stockholders. You can blame them for it, or you can understand that that's just the way it is for it to be as successful as it's become.
Speaker 1: These wrestlers can get.
Speaker 3: Hurt anyways, right, These wrestlers think every everything they're doing is they're letting the son of Vince jump.
Speaker 1: Off forty foot ladders, And.
Speaker 3: It's like, I can't imagine, because a death match is just the same kind of danger, except you've added like.
Speaker 1: There's so much blood, dude, There's like there's so much blood. Yeah, thumb oh, thumbed, stuff like that they've done.
Speaker 2: WW has done thumb tacks a couple of times in the in the modern era, but well not modern era, but in the last like ten years, I feel like I've seen a thumb tack match or that could have been aw it's all blurring together, but yeah, they're way against that that super gory kind of blood and not for the reasons I am. I'm not even against it, it's just really hard for me to watch. Like, however, you want to wrestle wrestler.
Speaker 3: Something might want to think about if anyone out there might be starting some sort of wrestling federation.
Speaker 2: Just something look for for my own based on like the style it is. They'll definitely be a death match that I know. I've said that it wouldn't be, but just the style of that, it's going to be there.
Speaker 1: There will be. It'll just be hard.
Speaker 2: But I know how much people love those. And you're you're seeing the literal sacrifice of an artist you like right in front of you, just for you.
Speaker 1: And that means a lot.
Speaker 2: And there's not even when there's there's no TV cameras, and these men and women are still willing to do that for you for an experience that sixty people will see, a thousand people will see, two thousand people will see, five hundred people will see.
Speaker 1: But this they're still willing to bleed, sweat, cry all on that canvas they call a ring.
Speaker 2: And that's why I love I'd just love professional wrestlers and stand up comics so much. I think those are the two hardest art forms because you're getting an immediate response and they let you know right away whether they're connecting with you and there's been trust established or whether they just simply do not And it is brutal and cold and really hard to succeed through that. You know, hecklers are like what you know what I mean? It's like the wrestler, can you deal with the what? And the comic can either deal with the heckler or they cannot and you can lose a show real quick. So I just I love this. There's so much for what they deal with. Yeah, you can speak on it better than me.
Speaker 1: No speaking on that.
Speaker 3: I was like, we didn't get a chance to talk about it last episode. That's why we appreciate you guys coming to these Thursday bonus stuff carrying cross you feel like.
Speaker 1: That is that happening with him?
Speaker 3: You feel like they're not connecting with him, or what is going on with your boy?
Speaker 2: I don't think Creative has a story for him that can get past Vince.
Speaker 1: I think is what's happened?
Speaker 3: So Vince is burying him or like you think.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's Vince or Creative, but I know he can work. I know he can connect with fans. Everyone knows that because everyone's seen that in NXT. It worked at a high level. So yeah, I don't, I don't know to say that. I'm I'm stoked for him. No, I always they had something better for him. It's been even when they had a story for him, it wasn't one that you could tell. You could tell it wasn't one. They were incredibly behind based on where it was placed in the show. So you know, I hope like Shinsek came in. I hope or shinsk. Sorry for the extra syllable there. When they don't have a story for you, it's tough. You're you're just there for a quick win or a quick loss, and that's unfortunate. But that's the business man, and I wish it wasn't that way, and i'd like to I'd like to think, Hey, everyone deserves a story. They're there, they've earned it, got it. But it's not that simple, man. It's hard to get ideas through from the room that they're conceptualized in to television that week. It's very very difficult. There's there's your boss, who's the head of creative or not head of creative, but head of your writer's room that has to sign off on it and say, yeah, this will be a part of the episode we bring to TV. Then when you get to TV, there's producers former wrestlers that help build the matches and help tell the stories as well, and they may have opinions on it. And then there's the the table side I call the table side where like the director, the co director, the head writer, and Vince sid and then they have their say.
Speaker 1: And to get through all that unscathed, it's borderline impossible.
Speaker 2: I did it with the Jeff Hardy thing, and that was the only story ever that got through because for whatever reason, they just got behind Jeff and this idea behind him, so they left us alone. But otherwise, man, it was like pulling teeth, dude. It was so hard to get someone to believe in an idea when they don't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I really like kring Cross. I know you love kring Cross, so we're hoping that he gets more than you think. Thirty second match with AJ Styles where he has to lose, so hopefully.
Speaker 1: By the way, what are they doing with AJ Styles? He just wrestled Seth Rollins for the freaking Heavyweight Championship and then no story.
Speaker 3: Same with La Knight took on hit row buying himself couldn't be more over the second he came out, the second they heard his music the site, the crowd was just loving it. And like he did the thing where he he licks his index finger and goes hell a Night points for each syllable. Dude, He's coming up with great things. I also like his move set, like I don't know what they're called. I don't know what these moves are called, but it's kind of like a it looks like a stone Colt stunner, but he lays down with you as he kind of pulls.
Speaker 1: You face plants you. Such a cool thing.
Speaker 3: Anyways, big La Knight fan, I'm I don't know why they're not giving him more stuff. He's super over and I don't know why they're not Why why Caring Cross isn't just over in general with everybody.
Speaker 2: But whatever, Well, Jeff, we didn't get to a single thing that we planned on talking about.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of what I do want to say that podcast.
Speaker 2: I want to say Collision maybe quickly becoming my favorite television show for wrestling. I love the opening. I didn't think I was gonna like it. They've stayed consistent with it. I love the way they talk to camera and then start the show now and we got to see him punk Samoa Joe and that match was awesome, long away and took a whooping and he was bleeding for real out of his mouth too. He took a whooping and his promo was dead money.
Speaker 1: Punks money.
Speaker 2: I liked it outside of the ring, like where the people are. Oh, you didn't dig get into it. We'll get into it in our next episode.
Speaker 1: He is. I like that promo.
Speaker 3: I like him and whatever, but like God, he's not as good on the mic as he thinks he is. He thinks he's real.
Speaker 1: I mean like, I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that, Like he thinks he's the best that's ever spoken in a mic and lets you know that. But I still like the promo. I just liked the style of it. He never stepped in the ring until he wrestled.
Speaker 3: The only name I want to hear tonight is Owen Hurt.
Speaker 1: What the hell you talking about Canada?
Speaker 3: Pandering your little I thought you weren't the pan or you're.
Speaker 1: The punk guy. You're not punk. I only want to hear owen Hart's.
Speaker 2: Name, but it is though owen Hart tournaments some latitude, but they never even gave some latitude.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, I love you, Thank you for listening. Everybody. We'll see you all next week. We're out peace.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.