Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Let's stay with the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video when Jamar Chase is on airplane? Yeah? Man, I started a video. Yeah yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: You as when you were a player, did you sign every autograph request or there was time where you were like, nah, no, I didn't sign every autographic quest. You're mean, no, no, no, no, I'm actually I'm actually very very nice when it comes to that. I do sign most autograph requests, depending on where I'm at, what I'm doing, and how.
Speaker 2: They approach me.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got Kelley Ringo, so they can bring you in. He can hear the rest of this, but go ahead, go ahead. We're gonna get to Kelley in a minute. So if I'm eating and they say I don't mean to interrupt you, but you get that all the time, I'll be messing with them while you interrupt me. Right, So I say, listen, if you don't mean to interrupt me while you're interrupt me, well, I said, listen, tell me the truth, and I'll signed you interrupted me because you don't know if you go get an opportunity to send me again. And you were just taking your shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 3: I'm like all right here. I signed an autograph and keep it moving. I'm not gonna lie, man, I signed.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't recall ever telling somebody no, and I'm gonna telling you why. And then Kelly, listen to what we talking about. We talked about telling people know, first off, welcome to the show. Bro, appreciate you, Mary, you having me. Man, We're talking about fans coming up asking for our graphs and do you tell them no? So I'll never forget this, Bro. So my rookie year, we all go to the It was myself, it was Chad, Peter Warrick, and if anybody that's listened Peter Warrick, at at least in my opinion, Peter Warck is the best college football player I ever seen. Unbelievable Florida State that Oh my god, that boy was so cold.
Speaker 2: Ryan. It was a bunch of young dudes. We at the mall.
Speaker 3: And so we go to the mall of Cincinnati and we just mob it through it and fans start coming up right and they asked.
Speaker 2: We called him Dub pet Dub.
Speaker 3: They start everybody want Dub autograph me and Chad is chilling, Bro, Like, ain't nobody asking for our autograph and it was just like wow. And so you see that, and you like, bro, I cannot wait till I get in that position where they ask for my autograph, because nobody going to me and Chad's autograph.
Speaker 2: I don't think we signed shit.
Speaker 3: And so when it got to that point, because as a young player, you want that, you want that recognition. And so then when that recognition king, I couldn't bring myself to say no to anybody because I always went back to that day when I wish I was in that position. And now that you're finally in that position, why would you tell a kid no? Now there's the autograph seekers, like I don't even forgo autograph.
Speaker 1: Somebody trying to get an autograph.
Speaker 3: Give them an autograph, but I'll give them a different autograph.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: But hell, I might sign one or two things.
Speaker 3: Then I'm gonna say, come on, brouh, how many gods down things you're gonna have me signed?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: All right? TJ My bad.
Speaker 2: But I'm always saying yes because of that incident.
Speaker 3: I'm always saying no if I'm doing something with my kids and if my wife, if I WoT with my kids, I'll do it because if I'm watching my kids play, I'm sorry, I'm not doing any autographs right I'll do it, but and they.
Speaker 2: Not, They're not gonna question you because you mean and in the way.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm just not doing any auto dress right now. I'll I'll let me let me bring you a k you yung, you really young. What's your take on what we just talked about? Man, I would say it comes on to respect. You never really understand of how much of an impact you to a big fan, for sure, you know.
Speaker 4: So so when I go down to respecting, I will it goes back to what James is saying if with my family, like I feel like you need to be more understandable with you know man, I'm not really on that right now, respectfully, you know, man, but uh true, really understanding that that just a small thing as the signature can can really brighten up somebody's day. But man, when it's respecting, when somebody gets really pushy, you know, and it's kind of like, man, I just want you to respect me just as much I appreciate you as being a fan.
Speaker 3: So that's the best way I have to explain, all right, So obviously you get for the fans that don't know the people that's tuned in dB for the Philadelphia Eagles. Went to University of Georgia from Las Vegas. Correct, that's where.
Speaker 1: I'm actually from, Tacoma, Washington, Like twenty minutes from Seattle. I went to high.
Speaker 3: School from You're from from the hood Tacoma. Everybody, I mean from Tacoma. They let me know, COMA ain't nothing to play with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're.
Speaker 1: From running up Northwest, you know, you know little from running Northwest.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Everybody that I know that's from Tacoma, they well they they Tacoma where you Okay, so you go to University of Georgia, have a great career, and then you come out and I'm at the combine.
Speaker 1: When you're there, you're probably not gonna remember this run.
Speaker 3: Were you disilpappointed in the way the draft process played out?
Speaker 4: The best thing I can say is, man like the entire drought process, it's really tiring.
Speaker 1: Man. It definitely makes you.
Speaker 4: Understand that man like like, this is what I've been working for my entire life. I would say that I wouldn't say necessarily more of a disappointment, but man, just really humbling for sure. You know, cause Man, your entire life, you've been one of those guys.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Uh, Man, No matter you're getting them all the time, whether you're in offense, defense, making plays all the time and things like that.
Speaker 1: Man, So when you're.
Speaker 4: Investing in you and putting in their time and energy into you know, and it's like, man, like when I say it's humbling, is I'm critiquing myself to a specific point to where a man, I am valuable.
Speaker 1: I know who I am, X Y and Z.
Speaker 4: You know, so I definitely wouldn't say where you get draft or anything like that defines who you are, you know what I mean? No matter if man, you go first round, second round, third round. Man going into the league, it's a whole new world, you know. So, Man, just whether you're in a point where you feel like you need to pull yourself or just continue to stay where you feed that, man, you always to figure out way to get better. Man, Just continue to keep that mindset. Man, I'm hungry, you know, I want to get you to work. So Man, yeah, I can definitely say it's humbling for shows.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this. Let me ask you about this. So your mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and she beat it. She was declared cancer free February of twenty twenty two. So you start foundation, the Ringo Family Foundation, to raise awareness about breast cancer. First off, prayers for your family that your mama was able to beat that your mother was able to beat it.
Speaker 2: And so what are you doing now?
Speaker 3: How the fundraisers the just giving back because you were impacted by that and obviously your mother it was very very close to possibly losing her. So how has that impacted you and how are you giving back to the community now?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I appreciate your personally. I want to say, is God bless you and your family as well. I appreciate you man one many things just continue to focus on with me and my mother and I'm just her message overalls and nobody safe. Then I was really understanding of how how important it is to get screening, you know, no matter what age you are. You know, we're kind of biased in that situation. I remember going before, right before I went to college, my mother felt a little ball above her breast, you know, and we're feeling it and we were trying to see exactly what it is without obviously getting any testing first beforehand, and then it was right. It was right after I went to college she had got diagnosed. Man, I could definitely say, Uh. One of the main things I say is that anything that she's going through, there's no comparison anything I go through.
Speaker 1: There's no comparison to anything my mom's going through.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So she's she's a great vine for me. You know, She's set down the platform for me to continue to grow through that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So I just want to shine light on that and just continue to understand that breast cancer it doesn't discriminate in any type of way no matter how old you are and who you are as a person.
Speaker 2: Manbe you've been blessed.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm like kind of looking at your story, bro from a you just a winner.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, man, like to love you.
Speaker 3: At the University of Georgia, two national championships, you get trapped to the Eagles when in the playoffs we win at Super Bowls, you know nothing but with it, like give me. Every team and organization you've played with has had so much success. Darius Slay now is in the same state, different team now with the Steelers. How are you looking to make an impact because now space and room has opened up in that secondary.
Speaker 2: What are you looking at accomplished this year?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: One of the big things I say of me spending my time in the league, Man, this leads.
Speaker 1: About opportunities continue to grow. You know.
Speaker 4: Of course everybody wants to import themselves, you know, but when the opportunity comes free, you'll be able to grow, you know, change your role no matter what it is, you know, because everybody's personal goes and just like that and just be able to help their team no matter no matter what where they can.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: But just the best thing I say to myself out to tea to grow man, is just a man, seize your amendment whenever the opportunity does come, you know, because you never know what it's going to come back.
Speaker 1: So Man, that that's the best thing I can say.
Speaker 4: Guys like like slave man, he paved the way and I definitely know what it looks like, you know. So man, just having that blueprint for sure, that has definitely helped me a lot. And having a leader like that around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man, you got any big plans for tomorrow? I know it's birthday coming up. You got anything.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: I'm back in Arizona where I went to high school at Man, just kicking all my friends, spend time with family.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Scottsdale.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Most most definitely, Yeah, you know what you need to do.
Speaker 3: So Keeley, before you came on, we was talking about working out because I don't know if you really know, James get a workout warrior.
Speaker 1: That's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go work you're working out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're training right now. Is it?
Speaker 4: It's a place called to lead you and in North scott Still, I used to work out there throughout my throughout my high school career, you know.
Speaker 1: So just feel like home over there for me and land By beating field work all that.
Speaker 3: You know, Hey, go go go train with James tomorrow because he acts like his workouts is so hard, like nobody can do them. Like you just know, I didn't say nobody could do them. He's going to do a DV workout. He's a dB, so he's going to get every every workout that is done, it's tailored specifically to that person their needs, wants, desires, and whatever their deficient is. So you come in, you get your whole body tested from top to bottom. Do muscle testing to see where you're weak at. You gotta make sure that you have no, no more than I won't say it's five or something percent difference between say your quad and your hamstrings. Why, because you get a guy that's that's quad dominant. That's the dudes that end up pulling their hamstrings. You get a dude that's hamstring dominant, that's the dude that pull the Are you gonna be in Arizona the rest of them tail training camp?
Speaker 1: Noir?
Speaker 4: Actually I'm leaving actually Monday. I'm going to Seattle, well really to come to training a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Man bus shoot.
Speaker 4: A couple of my dB trainers said, come out of Arizona, so I might escape for a weekend or two before I might go back to Philly DPS too. Dude, we can walk with them to It's definitely type. Never get enough work, you know that. You know, we always trying to prove no matter what it is, no matter what time. You know, different brains, different details, different ideas, things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, short time, your short time in the league. Who are the toughest receivers you've had to cover?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh game man?
Speaker 4: Uh, I would say a James Smithy every single day. Uh Man, when top duels in the league. Man, I would say, Jamis Williams pretty tough for sure.
Speaker 1: I got them more in college as well. Man.
Speaker 4: But man, just speed and change it, change the pace, man, like you know, most of it's just chested man. Just uh man, trust your technique, receiver showing you illusions, things like that, making you second guests, your leverage, you know, Man, Just so many different ins and outs of the game, TJ.
Speaker 1: You know how it feels to be out there overall?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Just man, I prepare myself better than you. You know what I mean? In where are just playing? So that's the best way explain it. For a film?
Speaker 2: What corners? Have you watched film?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Because that's what I used to do every all season.
Speaker 3: I go to the video guys and you know we I'm old, so they couldn't download it to us what they had to make the DVD for us, right, So I go to the computer guys that the video guys and say, hey, every ball throne and Reggie Wayne, every ball thrown of Steve Smith, every ball thron to send it to me, Larry fitzhdrilld I'm gonna watch it and see what I can pick up. What dbs have you learned from and just took little things from their game to add to yours.
Speaker 4: One of the main ones is Petric Certain actually our dB coach now Christian Parker. He was with uh Patrick Certain with the Broncos and just fundamentally sound the best way it gets. Of course, Uh, God's bless Stevens to player of your previous year, you know, man. Just of course, a lot of the guys, big ass, strong, tall man just technique things, you know, the best way possibly. I feel like when they're to put those things together, you know, knowledge in the game. I'm Derek Stingly, another guy I watch a good amount. Christian Gozalez came out with me, uh my class, big player, lock down corner himself as well.
Speaker 1: You know, just man, just continue to roll my game.
Speaker 4: You know, as we talked about before, having different mindsets, different details, things like that to help you grow.
Speaker 1: You know. So yeah, that's gonna be things to me.
Speaker 3: You talked about earlier, like, uh man, the NFL, everybody's good.
Speaker 1: You gotta do this, you gotta do that. Did you did you.
Speaker 2: Play a lot of special teams in Georgia?
Speaker 4: I played a good amount, my my role got a little bit bigger really over Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so because I say that, because.
Speaker 3: You're the type of player like coaches love it, because when you highly talented coming out of college.
Speaker 2: We ain't playing on special teams.
Speaker 3: If I'm playing special teams, I'm returning to kick or I'm returning to punt man.
Speaker 2: So you do anything to help the team.
Speaker 3: They make you a gunner and you're like, all right, I'm gonna be the best gunner. You're making the Pro Bowl as a gunner, and so to me, that shows all by in. Is that something that has always been in you or it is something you learned because you went to an organization and a team that was winning so much. You're like, okay, I'm not getting on a field much on defense, but I'm gonna make an impact on special teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, just like you said, a lot of different teams that that we've been on is man, from even high school, college to two A league.
Speaker 1: Man, just buy into real no matter what that is.
Speaker 4: Maybe, of course contine to perfect my craft, whether it's corner, special teams overall, man, but personally, you know what each and every single individual once and what's not just what's under state doesn't really need to be explained.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Just continue to grow, man, And whenever I get my opportunity, you know, I'm gonna make the most of it, no matter if it's special teams on the field see me want to see me too, no matter what it is, you know, So just continua, Man, put myself in the best befoward, you know, continua to show my preparation fort to grow.
Speaker 1: As a man overall. Man. So that's why I really love football. Man.
Speaker 4: Just teaching so much about life lessons. Man, He's just yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 1: Well, man, we appreciate you joining us. How would you gonna be tomorrow twenty three?
Speaker 3: So tell tell the listeners so happy twenty third birthday tomorrow. Tell the listeners birthday on Instagram, on Twitter, let them know what's your tag?
Speaker 1: Let them know on Instagram at Kili Ringo k E L E E R I n g O. What's just the same thing? What's just not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just so yeah, man, we appreciate you joining this. Man.
Speaker 3: And again, y'all check out the Ringo Family Foundation. The raises awareness provides education about triple negative breast cancer. They established that twenty twenty three, Man once again. Happy for you, your family and your mother beating that. Wish you nothing but success this season. Bro.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, guys. It's a blessed to be on here. Thank you guys. Thank for her.
Speaker 3: Man, appreciate you, man, thank you, Thank you. Hey, James, I got a question for you. Man, You're gonna laugh at this. Do you watch a lot of TV?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 3: Okay, well I do and see I So then I need some of the producers to get in on this conversation right quick. This is only gonna be like a three minute conversation if y'all can kind of like just listen and say stuff, dude, because then I'm gonna feel like I'm by myself, man, So check this out right. So I got y'all know, I got three daughters, two daughters they grown, and so they.
Speaker 2: Got me to watching this show. Uh.
Speaker 3: I watched it last year and then I'm watching it again this year. It's called Love Island. You ever, you ain't never seen that?
Speaker 2: No, man, I ain't watching that. Man, stop and hold on special, Nah, you gotta watch that.
Speaker 1: The other day.
Speaker 3: I done seen this season like probably like five episodes of Love Island. So I kind of got into it right last year I was watching the UK version, got into that and so just the other day because we behind I think we like behind two episodes, we TMO everything right. I'm just saying this to anybody here that's associated with Love Island. Man, y'all better bring Jeremiah back. And y'all don't bring Jeremiah back on Love Island. I ain't watching it no more. Somebody here to watch Love Island, y'all better bring you back.
Speaker 2: It ain't happening.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jacob, get back on Jacob? What you say?
Speaker 2: Oh so you watch it too?
Speaker 1: But why would they put drum off here?
Speaker 3: The best here's the best contesting on the I mean the best person on the show.
Speaker 1: Ain'ts a hater?
Speaker 2: Bro? Why ain't streamed like that?
Speaker 1: See we.
Speaker 3: Talking about man watch level on Spectrum Listen they got like two two, three seasons or that you gotta.
Speaker 2: Watch that one love on the Spectrum, watch that.
Speaker 3: One love on the special. Ain't Jacob Jacob, Jacob, I know you're not on the show, bro. I mean I made be wrong for doing this for like, so when he's doing podcast, then then.
Speaker 2: You can't go back on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I can't believe they got tripping, y'all tripper level of y'all tripp because y'all gonna lose a viewer now because I ain't watch.
Speaker 2: If you don't come back, I'm gonna give him three episodes, don't you.
Speaker 3: I ain't watching, But they only got you because your daughters and watching the I.
Speaker 1: Ain't be the only one that think this.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I just started watching last year. I cannot beat on like my daughters love that show. I cannot be the only one that think, like why they get rid of Jeremiah. I cannot be the only one.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: I just I can't bring myself to watch that. I just can't.
Speaker 3: I know I shouldn't even be talking about that, but I just got I bring that up, like they trip it. They got rid of the best person on the show. Like I'm like, what are they doing? What are they doing? Okay, enough about UH Love Island. That's it's pretty good though. It's a good show. I ain't gonna lie to you. It really is a good show. So now we're gonna get back to uh. I want to talk about this man. The Henry Rugg situation. I don't know if you kept up. I didn't keep up with it.
Speaker 2: I understood what. Yeah, I know what happened, and you know.
Speaker 3: So I believe it was about a week or two ago. He did an interview because they relocated in and he did an interview and he said he thinks about it every day, every night. One of his biggest regret of his life is the trasic incident where the young lady lost their life.
Speaker 2: If he could change it, obviously he would. If he can go back and change things, he would.
Speaker 3: He wants their family to know he's truly, truly remorseful for what he caused. And then he goes on to say his goal is to hopefully play the National Football League again.
Speaker 2: Do you believe we'll see Henry Ruggs in the NFL uniform? I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't say yes or noted of that because I'm not the person in position to actually make that decision. I can give my how I would feel if I was him. Yeah, I would love to had an opportunity to, you know, to come back and be back where you know I was. And and but again, I put myself in the position of the you know, the family and my my you know, my daughter will never get an opportunity to get another chance, you know.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't matter to you the because you know, he says, I would really like the family to meet the real Henry Ruggs, Like.
Speaker 2: That's not me.
Speaker 3: And even the guys that he played with, like Davonte Smith, who's really close with Henry Rugs, is like.
Speaker 2: That's just not him. Like that that shocked me.
Speaker 3: Him doing what he did. And he's eligible for parole next August. Uh so August of twenty twenty six, still be he'll probably be twenty seven years old, I believe, and his athletic prime.
Speaker 2: The only.
Speaker 3: Case that I believe, uh comes closer to this, and it's it's Vic. Mike Vick went to prison for a couple of years for the incident with the animals.
Speaker 2: With the dogs. Was like somebody named little or something. Who yeah, what's that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Leonard Little? No, Leonard Little.
Speaker 3: He killed somebody, he killed someone in his car, but he didn't he wasn't away from the game.
Speaker 2: That law I'm talking like with the prison. Vic went to prison.
Speaker 3: Henry Ruggs is in prison, and it will be around the same amount of same length of time that they serve prison time and so and then to come back and play.
Speaker 2: Yes, Leonard Little.
Speaker 3: Did uh take someone's life, but he didn't serve prison time, So Henry Ruggs started prison time. Michael Vick served prison time. It will be interesting to see. I hope he gets another opportunity. Life is off our second chances. He seems very remorseful, But it's what you said. Everybody listen, you know, like I said, I'm not saying this is him, but everybody's remorseful after you get caught.
Speaker 2: Everybody's remor for that. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: You don't, right, but I'm saying you didn't purposely do this.
Speaker 2: It's not something you went out purpose to do.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be remorseful if I go and take the life to somebody that did something to me or remembers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not gonna be remorseful for that.
Speaker 3: If I go out and do something because I decided to make an immature decision and go and do something that you know ended up causing me to take someone's life, yes, I'm gonna be very remorseful. Now, I wouldn't be remorseful if I got through with fat and I made it home. It would have been a man. I was balling out, I was driving fat and I made it home.
Speaker 2: Got lucky.
Speaker 3: Now it ends up being that you take a life, not your remorseal, which you should be. But you know, like I said, I play six and one a half dozen another. If i'm him, yes, I want another chance. You know what I'm saying. I'm sorry for this happening. You know, I want to get the opportunity, you know, to show you and all that. But at the same time, if I'm the parents over here, if I'm the sister and brothers over here, like where's my daughter's second chance, where's my sister's second chance, your second chance will be You'll get an opportunity to come out and live life. You don't get an opportunity now to go and play this game. That is a privilege, not a right.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 3: I believe you'll get another opportunity, And as long as you're remarksful, I believe he deserves it. Like we all make mistakes. Yep, we won't make mistakes. But I get I get your viewpoint is he took someone's life. They will never see their loved one again. Whereas he can continue on with life. But they do say the first time you get called at the first time you had a accident, it's not the first time you've done that. It's the first time you got car, you got call. So it sucks for her family, it really does that they had.
Speaker 2: To go through that.
Speaker 3: And so hopefully hopefully he's able to get an opportunity, and I do believe he will. I do because he seems very remorseful, very remorseful. But as you said, that's not bringing my child back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said.
Speaker 3: If it's me, yeah, I don't want another opportunity. If I'm the parents, your opportunity will be you'll get a chance to come out of jail and live a normal life, you know. Yeah, interesting to see in about Yeah, probably thirteen months, thirteen fourteen months time when he's eligible parro if one he's granted parole, and two what transpires at once Listen, So once that parole comes, now know they're gonna get opportunity to be in there and and talk.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Her family, I'm sure will have.
Speaker 3: A voice and the words that they speak and say, yes, impa whether it helps, Yeah, I'm sure that we'll see. I wish, like I said, prayers for the family. Man, Henry Rudge has gotta stay strong, uh, staying with the Lord, and yes that that opportunity is give it to him and I hope he gets it. We all make mistakes because I've done some things when I was younger. Lord knows, I just ain't get in trouble for I ain't get I didn't get caught.
Speaker 2: I ain't get like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so some guys get yeah, yeah, let's go, let's go to Did you see what Brady Brady says he believes Patrick Mahomes can surpass him as a got Do you think that's possible? Go go to Quarterbacks Championship cause it's gonna come down championships.
Speaker 2: And Patrick Mahomes? What do you got now? And I don't really got now. I love this, I love this conversation. I need you got now age talk that any of these things?
Speaker 3: Don't he Tom Brady got seln Tom Brady got seven championships.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, you gotta put together. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's Patty probably got about.
Speaker 2: You got about ten more years left any easily ten? Yeah, But but does his cast around him at ten.
Speaker 1: That's the key.
Speaker 3: They just they gotta continue, They gotta continue around how hard it is to get there and many pieces, you know what I'm saying, it's a lot harder to get it back to me. What's really keeping them in the in the title picture is Chris Jones. Chris Jones probably has three three dominant years left, I'm gonna say, and then after that they're gonna have to find another dominant defensive lineman because without Chris Jones, they in trouble. Without somebody that can really get after the quarterback, Dan in trouble because offensively the last couple of years, Bro, they've just been okay, they've been okay, they just make timely plays because of my homes.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's been in area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Ken Mahomes win five super Bowls in the next eight to twelve years. I say, no, now you go over there and all that other stuff.
Speaker 1: So not even let's just.
Speaker 3: We we we assume Lamar gonna get at least one, right, I don't know if they said to get into the playoffs and things unrivaled a little bit.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you Lamar don't get for sure one.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen gonna get one. I just don't want even get one because you're waiting. I know that's why you said that.
Speaker 3: I knew that when you started hesitating, I said, oh, find out saying that because he was Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I knew that. I knew that. I just ain't want to say it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you said it, saying day Cincinnati. I don't want to see Joe Burrow be one just because you think Lamar gonna get one. We think Josh Allen gonna get one.
Speaker 2: Uh c j.
Speaker 3: Stroud may get one, Joe Burrow gonna get one, Jaye and Daniel's gonna get one.
Speaker 2: Within that within that eight to twelve year time frame.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: I'm not so sure.
Speaker 3: Justin Herbert probably gonna get one as long as Harpbaw as his coach, as long as Marball his coach. Yeah, And then this is not just I'm a big fan brouh Ben Johnson because he resurrected Jared Goff's career in Chicago, Iago and Detroit.
Speaker 1: Career.
Speaker 3: And so if Caleb Williams is what everybody thinks he was gonna be when he got drafted, in the next eight to twelve years, he gonna get one and where because Johnson is proving and where in Chicago. They got to do a lot of changing around there.
Speaker 2: They've done a lot of changing. They they still got to do a lot more.
Speaker 3: You got three really good receivers, you got two good running backs. You got two first round Tito Coole Comet was the second round Titan, you draft coach and leveland the first round.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 2: They fortified the offensive line.
Speaker 3: They had a top ten defense last year, so they got pieces, they got gods.
Speaker 2: What they were lacking was the quarterback and the play caller head coach. They have that.
Speaker 3: Also, it's all come down to can Kayler Williams developed? So does Patrick Mahomes have the potential to surpassing? Yeah, Willie, I say no, that's a lot, man, that's a that's a lot too.
Speaker 1: And it's just.
Speaker 3: I think they were hot hot, and once you started cooling off, it's man, yeah, I'm gonna have to go with you.
Speaker 2: I'm not to say no. Yeah that that that right there is tough.
Speaker 1: I can't see. It's too many.
Speaker 2: It's too many good more in the next is like really, like, what's what's his counter? Didn't he sorry?
Speaker 1: Contract already?
Speaker 2: Like for my ten for fire hundred something, worried about that.
Speaker 1: He gonna get it.
Speaker 3: He gonna get another contract after that ten years, five hundred, they're gonna another ten.
Speaker 2: Now they ain't gonna get me ten. They probably gonna get.
Speaker 1: You about three or four. But he.
Speaker 3: I just don't It's just so many good teams, good young quarterbacks. We didn't we didn't even bring up, Like the Rams they're really good again, the Niners, they gonna be solid. Like it's so many good teams. These young quarterbacks keep coming into the league. It's gonna be interesting. But I just I don't know if we'll ever see a quarterback do what Brady did in New England again. I just don't think we'll see it. Dude, they did like twelve was it twelve straight or something? There was some goofy.
Speaker 2: I mean, Brady is just that good of a player.
Speaker 3: Man. I would say this time and time and time in time and time and time again, like get me the best game player in the world. Is it really the best game plan if I can't execute it? Because you know, everybody was like who gets the most credit, Bill Belichick or Tom Brady? Bill, Butachick, you can design and craft the best game plan in the world. The players aren't executed, Is it really the best game plan?
Speaker 2: Brady? Was they in shit? Yeah before at a lot of things that they lack.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, as far as you know real you know, top caliber, you know players on offense, you know I could have you know, sometimes I could have blocked on that offin's line. I know, you go get the ball off and in one point seven seconds I can put my hand on you and that's enough to you know, stop you from.
Speaker 2: Getting to that. It was times in the year the year he had.
Speaker 1: Top talent on offense. Look what they did.
Speaker 3: They went undefeated, although they lose on the Super Bowl. But he went crazy, set all kinds of records him at mass West lost in the Super Bowl. But you give him the top talent, that's what he's gonna do. He goes to Tampa Bay. If you get in top talent, first year, I'm winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: M hm and so.
Speaker 2: And it kind of made.
Speaker 3: Belichick, at least in my eyes, made him look bad because with Brady, you the greatest coach ever.
Speaker 2: Without Tom Brady, I think I think he had I think he had a great line for coaching.
Speaker 3: You played for him, So you with one more than I.
Speaker 2: I do believe that he put his players.
Speaker 3: I believe that he has the ability to adjust his players to fit the skill that their best at playing on the field. So you know, they did a lot of different defensive personnels, and the reason they did that is like they would switch, like it'd be maybe one or two people that would change, and it would be because, Okay, maybe this person can play the run better, this person can play this, you know this pass covers better. Life He actually did adjust his plan to actually fit his players, where a lot of coaches are like.
Speaker 2: This is the defense I'll run. This is what I'm gonna run.
Speaker 3: I like this player and I'm gonna make him fit into this, and he don't fit into it. And now you start seeing you defense going down hill because you got a player that is not a two gap player.
Speaker 2: He's a pass rusher.
Speaker 3: And he can't hold up at the line, and now he's playing three yards deep and now he's in front of your linebackers.
Speaker 2: Now your linebackers is looking bad.
Speaker 3: Now everybody talking about the D line and your linebackers because you wouldn't pick somebody for defense that needs to be able to hold up two versus try and rush up field, and he's getting you know, dog mushed three yards deep every time. But he's just not gonna have somebody trying to do something that their skill set can't.
Speaker 2: Do right, and then he can can't.
Speaker 3: Then he can changed that defense to be like, you know what, this is his skill set, this is what I have to work with.
Speaker 2: We're going to change the defense and make it do this.
Speaker 3: Well. I mean, because you played with Bill Cower, Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick. And who was the coach? Was it huh Zach Tayna Marvin? Oh, you played with coach Luke. It was twenty thirteen. Oh damn, yeah, yeah, it was coach lou And so Marvin, yeah, he would yeah. Out of Belichick was the only one that you felt like, Okay, you do this well, this is gonna be the wrong, and you felt other coaches.
Speaker 2: Would call stuff.
Speaker 3: I felt like other coaches so and that adjustment is what I'm saying. So with Coward, he drew after his players for the position he wanted to play.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt. We played.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, we played a three four. We got three four linemen, We got three four linemens. We got what we needed for corners and safeties with UH. With Mike, I feel like he got a little more enamored with numbers, speed, seeing guys that were fast, versus drafting a guy that fit a true Dicklar bow three four defense. You know what I'm saying. You know, a those that go hold up to you know, two ends that can do both. They can they can defend in the run, like right now, it's more of a four to three you know, where before you know, in Bow's defense, you're dropping fifty percent of the time. You're lucky if you get you know, many five or ten Smith right now, they're right, they're glowing. So it's not even the same fire zone defense of Dickular Bowles defense that it was you know when he was there. You know, it's it's sort of its own combination of whatever you know it's come up with. And when you do things like that, it kind of leaves gaps in the defense. You know, you can't defend everything. You know, you go and start doing things like that and you're gonna leave. You're gonna say, I want to protect this, well, you can't protect that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Coach the Bowl would tell us every defense has one weakness and if they hit that on the defense, that's on me. But if you go and try and protect that weakness that is just in that defense, you end up creating two more.
Speaker 2: So they get the call.
Speaker 3: To get the call, it's usually the you know, security tackle.
Speaker 2: Worst case scenario. They may they may get ten twelve yards.
Speaker 3: That's actually smart enough because you're gonna play a lot of like Rex Ryan, he would do that a lot, and we can play the raven. We didn't throw the ball to our tight end often. So certain times we just gonna leave this title tight end open and he probably gonna be last in the progression. They ain't gonna have time to get to him. He gonna be on his back. Uh, he gonna throw to somebody else.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 3: Ba's where Lebo is smart because you were gonna play to the strength of our defense, but we're gonna play to the weakness of our team. They don't throw the ball in this guy, so on this deep, don't worry about this. If he go here, that's on me. But don't try to make up for this, because now you're gonna leave two or three other things open.
Speaker 2: But that that is that's great coaching.
Speaker 3: Very interesting, so that this will be our this will be our uh last topic. And it's kind of fitting, uh, considering what we talked about earlier. So USA Today they said the most pressure, which players are under facing the most pressure heading into this season? You want to give me the players or you want gonna tell you who USA today says has the most pressure on who? Who does the USA Today say they say your quarterback?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Your quarterback?
Speaker 3: Your steel you say every time you said the Steelers, you said we we he is.
Speaker 2: I don't pressure on him. For me, I don't think no pressure is on him.
Speaker 3: He got press was Aaron Rodgers, Justin Fields, J J.
Speaker 2: McCarthy. I agree with all three of those, but I don't agree with.
Speaker 3: The last one. Michael Pennick Jr. I don't agree with that. Uh.
Speaker 2: He's a rookie.
Speaker 3: Last year didn't start. They poor cousins and Broughty min. I don't think it's a lot of pressure. He could throw that thing when he trained. What's coming out? Oh my god, left handed, he could throw that thing any fast. I think it's Yeah, I hate money, it's pressure on him because you know you want to It's one year you really want to go out with a bank on your quarterback, right. Yeah, I've been trying to fight it and deny you know what I'm saying. I'll be trying to you know, but yeah, you know, especially after having the you know, the time he had in New York and and you know, getting Ah getting the opportunity here to at least try and write his own ship, not even just ours, his own.
Speaker 2: You know, so that he can leave on a on a high note.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would put that at one because that's where everybody alt's gonna be anyway.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of pressure because everybody felt he was going to the Steelers, but he.
Speaker 2: Didn't sign to a few days before.
Speaker 1: Many him.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of pressure because you go to the New York Jets. Everybody had such high expectations when you signed with the Jets. You get hurt immediately into your first season. Your next season, which was last season, didn't go well. But many believe you got the coach fired. Many believe you have picked your off as a coordinator, and so there's pressure on you. Because Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season, it's the pressure.
Speaker 2: On you to make sure that stays that way.
Speaker 3: It's pressure on you because you've come out and said this is quite possibly your last, my last season playing, and so I don't feel like there's another player that's gonna have that type of pressure on him. You Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers is the most gifted thrower. Well, he don't realize to Aaron Rodgers in Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh is the biggest little high school professional.
Speaker 2: Team you go ever go to do. Yeah, like you are in a.
Speaker 3: The history of the franchise though, the Pittsburgh Stellers. When you think championships, you think Pittsburgh. You think Pittsburgh. At least me, I think Pritsburgh. I mean, you was getting a boot on you. You know the whole We was beating y'all just as much as y'all beat us. Y'all got sitting in yalls.
Speaker 1: He ain't talking about that.
Speaker 3: Were talking about had to head, were talking about had to head. Well, that'sn't had to head. We was beating y'all as much as y'all beat us.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm not to look at yes, I'm to look at yes, Yes. Put that out for me for what year?
Speaker 3: My rookie year two thousand and one, and I left the Beagles two thousand and nine. Okay, yeah, look look look two thousand and one to two thousand and eighteen, I retired.
Speaker 2: No, not to you retired. When you played with the Bengals, how they go? Who won? What you remember when you played the Steelers?
Speaker 1: How they go?
Speaker 2: When you were with the Bengals, the two games you play, huh you won one lost one exactly. That's what I'm trying to tell you. That's all.
Speaker 1: It was like one one.
Speaker 3: It may be a sweep here or there, but for the most part, it's gonna be one and one.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy. We're gonna get into some of this.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow because I can go all and on and on about when we get ready to play the Steelers.
Speaker 2: We're gonna tell these stories tomorrow.
Speaker 3: How the coaches used to walk in the meeting, that ship used to piss me off.
Speaker 2: You know what, you was playing the big band Wolf, And that's how we're gonna get into that tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think JJ McCarthy is under some pressure also because you let Sam Darnold go to Seattle, who last game of the season was playing for the division and you let him go to play JJ McCarthy, and that's unknown. JJ McCarthy, it's unknown, and so to me, that's pressure. You never played in the National Football League. The quarterback you're succeeding had a ton of success last season, although the last game didn't play well in the regular season against believe it was the Rams in the playoffs did not play well in that so the last two games Sam Darnold didn't play well. But it has to be pressure considering the type of season that the Vikings had. But man, I think all the pressure is on Aaron Rodgers. Michael Pennix, No pressure justin field. It's not gonna be much pressure on fields just Pittsburgh because of one who he is. But two, man, the Steelers, this story franchise. They they're one of the pillars foundational franchises of the National Football League, and so that will be interesting. But yeah, that that pressure gonna be on Aaron Rodgers. With that being said, appreciate y'all tuning in another night, y'all. Mak sure thirteen and four from one thousand, from two thousand and one to two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Eight against the Bengals. Hell no, I'm about to look that up.
Speaker 3: Look it up. Hell, thirteen and four? You got play the games? You know, playteen times? Hell?
Speaker 1: Nah, there ain't no way I got it.
Speaker 3: Who did you look that up? When somebody said to see you, he got sent to me. Might as well got sent to me from sports status something.
Speaker 1: And I don't believe that one.
Speaker 3: You know what it is doing this showing please? Oh my god, that's embarrassing that we put up our points. Damn, it's such a team game. We will put up our points.
Speaker 2: Why you thought y'all going half the games?
Speaker 3: That was like crazy, I'm looking at up. I'm looking at up. Matter of fact, we ain't going nowhere right now. I'm sorry, y'all bear with me.
Speaker 1: You could you.
Speaker 2: Please could please send him? Did you please send him up? Nah? I don't need nobody saying me nothing. Go count it up.
Speaker 3: I'm about to go count it up. Hey, listen, I'm sorry about what we did to you.
Speaker 2: I mean been meaning to tell you.
Speaker 1: It wasn't nothing personal, it was all it was just.
Speaker 3: It was in the ninety like it's on it's seventy one to forty all time. But like in the nineties and early in my career, it was unfair. It was unfair. Who you're talking a fair now, TJ Stock it that was It's not like one of my kids.
Speaker 1: That was a fair.
Speaker 2: Dare Hey, look at the numbers. You see that.
Speaker 3: You know how your mind played tricks on you and you start believing things and you see it so much that now the lives that you tell you believe is true. That's where you're at, right. Yeah, Oh my god, oh my god, on my rookie year one in one. Two thousand and two, y'all want them both. Two thousand and three split. Two thousand and four, y'all want them both. Two thousand and five, we split.
Speaker 2: And that's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and six, one in one, seven.
Speaker 1: And eight, y'all want them both. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, we went in. Listen, we went into there. We knew he was having something good.
Speaker 3: Well, guess what that's even worse. You're about to get your ass kicked both games this year.
Speaker 1: Is because of that.
Speaker 3: I'm making sure that I'm making sure that the Steelers, I'm going I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Damn we're better than y'all know. We're gonna beat y'all ass. This year.
Speaker 1: We beat you ass. This year.
Speaker 2: We beating y'all ass.
Speaker 3: We need to get back because you find out you was thirteen to four. Hey, I'm mad, so they got to help me, y'all do something. Yeah, man, damn, I didn't realize it was like that, that's all right, that's all right.
Speaker 2: Damn yes, when you.
Speaker 3: Put your your feet on them on them on the on the towel, that was like really it that was down that was over the way from there, and then we won that that was in Pittsburgh too, Damn boor It just seemed because the games was close and then we probably just couldn't make a play at then.
Speaker 2: Well, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, y'all.
Speaker 2: Holong the U for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we used to make sure you checked to make sure that he was taking the flat moment.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it was.
Speaker 3: So y'all make sure, like we said, top right corner, you got the link he U import mister James Harrison uh and what he's doing, y'all. Make sure y'all like y'all subscribe, Tell a friend and tell a friend, text him, call.
Speaker 1: Him whatever you do.
Speaker 3: The third night of the takeover, it ain't the hijack, It's the takeover of nightcap. Um Kin Chad is teen j and de Bo will see y'all tomorrow. Appreciate it, man, Take care. Thirteen and four.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hey, your whole night off