Speaker 1: I'm going to Las Vegas, you know, one of my favorite places.
Speaker 2: I'm just going for one night and one night.
Speaker 3: How many times a year do you go to as a matter.
Speaker 2: Enough and maybe not enough?
Speaker 4: Do you ever get comped rooms? Do you ever get like you?
Speaker 2: So they're like, oh yeah, they forget me to come.
Speaker 1: I wish I'm a Wind fan. Stay at the Wind would be interesting.
Speaker 5: It would just be a sweet where you'd never actually lose your virginitay, you have sex, it's.
Speaker 4: A sweet What if it was just like the room in the prom episode where it's which a couple.
Speaker 3: Of ours pointed out.
Speaker 4: I was like, how did we miss? The wallpaper was a series of funny My gosh, it's the funniest.
Speaker 2: Thing, really is that's truly hysterics.
Speaker 3: Room in Vegas And you're going.
Speaker 2: To I'm going to see a concert. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I play a lot of black jack, but I also play Ultimate Texas Hold Him, which is now a table table game, so not just Texas Hold Him in the poker room. They have a table game that's really fun. But I'm going to see fifty cent and I'm really excited about it.
Speaker 2: He's at Planet Hollywood.
Speaker 1: I've never seen fifty in concert, big fan, have been a big fan for years, so I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: And I've got my girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Julie and Christie, my best friends.
Speaker 2: Will his famous New York picture where he is.
Speaker 1: When he was in New York had been with a night out with my friend Julie and so yeah, so Will knows them.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm really looking forward to it. Those are even though we're going on the thirtieth. That's my That's kind of what I'm considering my New Year's plans. And then on New Year's Eve, I'm gonna watch the ball drop on YouTube about eight pm with my kids and then send them to bed and be asleep.
Speaker 5: As for you nine So wait, so you're you're watching the East Coast Feed?
Speaker 1: Then no, no, it's not an East Coast feed. It's a literal video of a ball drop.
Speaker 3: Are you new kid?
Speaker 1: That you can put on it any time and say it's New Year's And my kids are too young to know the difference.
Speaker 5: But you know the difference, So you that's gonna who cares?
Speaker 1: Yeah, writer and I are on par with it, like we get it.
Speaker 2: I will be what do you really stay up till midnight?
Speaker 5: Every week?
Speaker 2: Are you still?
Speaker 3: Of course I do.
Speaker 2: You're a New Year's person.
Speaker 3: I am a per well. First of all, I usually don't go to bed early anyway.
Speaker 2: So I know you're up until one any Yeah, So of course.
Speaker 5: I watched the ball go down and I count out loud and all that.
Speaker 3: Good kind of su kiss my wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course you sing old LANGI I just still don't know what that song means.
Speaker 3: I still think they're mispronouncing something. It was some like old lemonade or something that got smudged. But I love that song, do you really? Oh? Yeah, that's that's the that's the.
Speaker 4: Part of New Year's I really love.
Speaker 3: So should old Old Acquaintance be forgot? I still don't get what the song is about.
Speaker 4: If it's it's basically should in the sense of if if old.
Speaker 2: Aquaintances should they?
Speaker 4: Should they be forgetting?
Speaker 3: You drink some langsyne? Right and then you okay?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Or what are you doing?
Speaker 4: All right? Well, I'm gonna be all the way on the other side of the world. I will be in New Zealand. I will be in a camper van with my my son and my wife. Who knows if we'll actually stay up till midnight probably not.
Speaker 2: Are you renting a camper van?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, so yeah, those two I'm very I'm curious as opposed to.
Speaker 1: That's what I just don't understand is like you have a camper van here? Why are you getting a camper van there? Like why do not you go on a v Asian and stay somewhere not not.
Speaker 4: Camper found God, because the whole point is to go Jesus, just a completely different understanding of what the point of job. Okay, I want to go somewhere beautiful and natural where there are not other people around. Sure, you know, so you're experiencing something that is only accessible by putting an effort of like you know, getting the map out, hiking through the woods, whatever it takes, and when you get there, it's always just beautiful, you know, because it usually takes work to get there, and that's why not everybody's there. If you want to have like a you know, a city experience or a disney Ish experience where it's the same thing that everybody else does, that's fun too, But like you know, when I go on these trips, that's I'm just seeking something unique.
Speaker 1: So yes, a lot of beautiful places from resorts, they're still beautiful.
Speaker 4: I get to do those too, Okay, I just I just it's when it comes to the natural world, like when it comes to a sunset on a cliff or whatever. It's it's actually like if you put in a little bit of extra work, you get to find some things that nobody really find, you know, gets to see.
Speaker 5: Danielle watches those on YouTube, amazing sunsets.
Speaker 4: And anyway, So New Zealand is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I've been there twice with my wife before we had our kid, before we were married. Even so like, okay, here's like a perfect you know, my wife and I were We're driving in a campra van. It was actually just a van back then because it was just the two of us so we didn't need a full on camper van. We were driving in a van and it was dark and it was the middle like we were we didn't know where we're going.
Speaker 3: We're going up this mountain in the dark.
Speaker 4: In New Zealand. We're like, where are we We have been looking on the maps. You know, this is before we had maps on our phones all the time, so we were.
Speaker 3: Like, I think it's if we get to the top of this hill.
Speaker 4: We'll be in someplace nice and we park, we couldn't see anything. We fall asleep just in our van, and then we wake up at sunrise and we like I wake up and I look outside and it's literally the most beautiful mountaintop I've ever been on on my life. It's just us and I'm like, oh my god, wake up, wake up Alex, And like she gets up and I'm like, do you see what's happening? We just like go outside and we're we're like at the top of this mountain. The sun is rising, and it was like, you know, probably the most esthetically beautiful experience of my life. We're like holding each other and it's like that, you know, I talk about that in my wedding vowelshen we got married, because it was like, can you believe, like we went from being like are we going somewhere?
Speaker 5: What are we too?
Speaker 3: Like waking up next to each other in just magical.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like and that's like you can't get that unless you you know, do a little campra van trip. So gonna take our son, he's now old enough to enjoy it. We're gonna go, you know, do some rafting, do some hiking, find some hot springs, glacier hikes, going on a glacier. Indy really wants to skydive, which they allow over there for kids to skydive.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, if there's ever a child sized pair, Shoot, you're in the wrong place.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if.
Speaker 4: I mean, I did it when I was eighteen, and I don't really want to do it again. But he keeps bringing are you going to let him do it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Alex, I mean, she would do it with him.
Speaker 4: I know if they're gonna I'm just yeah, I just am like heights and me. I used to enjoy all that kind of stuff. Now I'm like, I'm old, same, same, rather just you know. So anyway, that's that's my New Year's plan.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Well you're going to stay up until midnight? But what what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: What I do every year? Chucky cheese and weed specifically Chucky happened.
Speaker 2: Wait, you know they stake your hand.
Speaker 5: No, my wife and I were unless we do something like you know, we go you know, twenty twenty we went to Amsterdam, or we do something like that.
Speaker 3: This year, you know we're gonna do mellow. We'll probably cook.
Speaker 2: A nice meal at home, make a smasha.
Speaker 5: And we make a smash burger, undoubtedly, something wonderful like that. And she'll doze on the couch next to me, and I'll wake her up at midnight and we'll kiss, and then she'll go to bed.
Speaker 3: And yeah, no, it's we very might maybe take a hot tub on the stars. I don't know, something something fun but where we'll be home, So something something nice and mellow and enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Which I will wake up at midnight because there will inevitably be fireworks set off in the neighborhood and brunch will bark.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you'd have to pee.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I won't have to pee, but brunch will bark. And then I'll wake up and I'll look to make sure the kids have slept through it, and they will.
Speaker 5: And so wait, so you're going the night of the thirtieth to Vegas home on thirty first?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? Okay, Well, I'll call you at midnight repeatedly.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I'll be on silent thanks for thinking of me.
Speaker 3: That's well.
Speaker 5: Then I'll come to your house and just not throw stuff at the windows. I live close enough New Year, I will do fireworks a day window.
Speaker 3: By that, I just mean that's what we do. Yeah, but the kids that, well, no, it would be it would it would? I mean, I mean we're so close. How is it not? The fish? I love it.
Speaker 2: You heard it here, folks, you heard it here first and probably only. That's amazing. Writer.
Speaker 1: If you'll record any of those sunsets to put on YouTube, then I just don't ever have.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 5: That would be great. I'm going to be a fifty sent in a van would be awesome.
Speaker 3: Are you renting the same van you own?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think it's literally the same model. Also hysterical.
Speaker 5: Oh my, I still want to go to New Zealand. We had two trips planned. We had to cancel them both.
Speaker 2: We don't have spiders in New Zealand like they do in Australia, right.
Speaker 3: Snakes apparently, so I could do this, Yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Did a Our first trip was a road trip down the coast of Australia and then we went to New Zealand. And it was so funny because when we were in Australia, the possums were insane, like they just and Australia doesn't allow you to kill the possums. So but they would come up to us while we're camping and try and eat our food out of our laps. And then we go to New Zealand and they they they they hunt and make gloves out of they make possum gloves and we like, we were so angry at the possums, are like.
Speaker 3: I'm getting some gloves scarf.
Speaker 4: They slearously like almost ruined our trip. And the birds in Australia are insane, Like you wake up in the morning it is Australia is very wild, but New Zealand is It's basically a better California. It's like, are you going to Hobiton? I don't know where that is? Is that on the South Island and we're on.
Speaker 3: The don't know this. I don't know exactly where.
Speaker 4: I just don't care.
Speaker 3: Like apparently I've been.
Speaker 4: To a lot of the sites just because they're some of the most beautiful sites, like the mountain that was Mount Doom, Like we went there because of course it's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: You go to the Innanda.
Speaker 4: But they use every part of New Zealand, I mean, over the course of eight movies. They just like they covered the two islands, so you kind of kind of can't avoid it, but yeah, I don't intentionally seek it out.
Speaker 2: Happy news.
Speaker 1: We are excited to welcome in twenty twenty five with you. We've got some great episodes coming up we're looking forward to and eventually the start of season six. So thank you all for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com and we have merch three two one Happy man merchue.
Speaker 2: It's nine pm. Everyone, time to go to bed.
Speaker 1: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com writer send us out.
Speaker 4: We love you all, pod dismissed. Podmeets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Taras Sudbach, producer, Mattie Moore.
Speaker 3: Engineer and boy Meets World superman Easton Allen.
Speaker 4: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show, or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com.