Speaker 1: Be going.
Speaker 2: What are you going? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Everyone is being so secret. Nobody's telling me anything. They haven't given me the games for today. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, we do have a surprise for you.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a little portobello. I've been wanting one, Maybe some fussy slippers. I know what it is. Oh yeah, it go for a young handsome man to hold.
Speaker 2: My purse when I goes shopping.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are getting closer. I'm going to introduce the show and then let you in on the little secret.
Speaker 1: How about that.
Speaker 3: Welcome listeners to a very special episode of Date My Awilita first so special, we might even have a new name for the episode. If you are one of our loyal listeners, you'll know that usually our episode to start off with a meaning a main dater, and then we introduced three lucky contestants who vi for the main dater's love by impressing you. Alita, Leanna, what did you say Your last guess was.
Speaker 1: That would be a handsome young man to hold my purse?
Speaker 3: What if it was three handsome man to hold your purse?
Speaker 1: Of course one purse, but I know what they can hold. Just bring them on? Yeah, really, really, bring Are you serious?
Speaker 3: That's our surprise. With that said, welcome to date my Vico first this week. The twist is that three handsome eligible bachelors must impress me Vico as they changing changing duel for a date with miss Anita herself.
Speaker 1: So you're going to decide and you're going to introduce me and just gonna handle the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I'm a grab the whole episode by its just say it, the ball, by the balls and the ovarason. I'm gonna take over Folly.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so ready, Mivihico. Are you going to introduce me?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: It will be my absolute pleasure and delight, our ol Wilita. Liliana is a real.
Speaker 4: Pissy and queen.
Speaker 3: She wears her heart and her tears on her sleeve. A true romantic, she believes in people leaning into their vulnerability and trying out, making a connection and opening their heart. But don't think Liliana is only about what's inside. She wants someone of sizzling. We are talking, ready to sell that keep up with her on the dance floor.
Speaker 4: Hat, isn't that right, Leanna?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what I want, Lilliana.
Speaker 3: We all know about those five now, what have you learned and what are you looking for now?
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't learn as much from the marriages as much as I did about learning about myself from the years that passed after. And every year I think I'm going to date, and every year I think I'm going to find someone, And every year you get busier and you do more things with life, and then you just start kind of becoming a little recluse and just staying home, not wanting that companionship anymore.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: I definitely want affection. I'm a touchy, pheely kind of a person, also talking because I love to talk, as everyone knows, and of course that they have something that they've based their life on, some belief or some structure, that they have a job. I don't want anybody that I have to support, and I don't want anybody having to support me either. Now.
Speaker 3: I know that you said that you've learned a lot posts to these relationships. Is there anything that you've noticed in these past relationships that are patterns that you have raised awareness around and don't want to repeat.
Speaker 1: You know, Number one, I was so young. Number two it was abusive. Number three was trying to just find something else. So as the years go by, then four comes in. I think that the main thing of all of this was to finally on number five, I learned to be kinder. I learned to realize that I was being mean, and I mean that I didn't do it intentionally. I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I found that the only way that sometimes you, when you don't know any better, to push someone away is you treat them wrong. And I wanted him to be out of my life. I wanted him to be happy somewhere else with someone else, with someone younger. He was twenty years younger than me. And as the years go by, you start questioning all your choices. And unfortunately, as much as I adored him, and to this day still you know, love him as a human being. I'm glad he is where he is at, and I'm glad for all the things that he taught me. He taught me how to have a best friend and a man.
Speaker 4: How did it look like to have a best friend and a man?
Speaker 1: I could talk to him about anything for hours. I remember one time I was working because I worked with LAPD for twenty five years, and I remember one day I got into trouble and something was going on, and not only he would sit down and listen and talk to me and make me feel better, but he fought for me and wrote letters to the department about you know, how they were treating me. I mean he went beyond that that. I mean he showed me love.
Speaker 3: Are you looking for someone as well that's pretty adventurous in the bedroom?
Speaker 1: Why not? I mean, at this age, if I can move, I'll try it.
Speaker 3: Do you want this new dynamic to center more around emotional connection with more tender forms of physical intimacy, or do you want something that also can be physically passionate in a more sexual way or sensual way?
Speaker 1: How about all of the above?
Speaker 3: All in the above?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Just making sure, No, it's.
Speaker 1: To tell you the truth. The way I have felt in these fourteen years is that I never not only have loved, but received that love that people talk about. And oh no, I don't want to cry. But I'm still alive. I still want to give it and I still want to receive it. I don't want to be judged. And when someone who's going to stand by me, he's going to accept me for what I am, who is open, who is humble, who is kind, who is loving? Is that too much to us, especially at my age?
Speaker 4: Not really, not at all.
Speaker 3: These are very achievable requests.
Speaker 1: So if we can find it in one person for sure.
Speaker 3: Now, with that said, how do you want to carry yourself during potential conflict and how your ideal future partner would carry himself during conflict?
Speaker 4: What would be your ideal situation?
Speaker 1: You know, at this age, there is no running away from anything. You know, I'm going to take a couple of days, or I'm going to go outside and walk it off. No, walk it off with me. Let's both take a walk and in the process let's discuss what just happened.
Speaker 3: But sometimes people need a little bit of space, you know, and they sometimes genuinely want to take the walk, like on themselves so they can process.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right. If this person is asking me and explaining to me, communication is what's going to see us through. That's the end of that story.
Speaker 2: Just tell me a.
Speaker 1: Listen, babe, you know, let me just have a couple hours, we'll talk about it again. Hey, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Are you looking for someone that would be interested eventually in cohabitating together or do you like to have your own space or what how does that look like for you?
Speaker 1: In this moment, I would only have to say that it would take a very special person because at the very beginning of it all, when I started getting married into number one, it was a desperate need to never be alone that saw me through five of them. You know, I was heard, I needed love, I wanted hugs. I wanted to have someone to take care of me. It never did really come to fruition, and I had to keep on moving and moving. So at this point, yes, I would be interested down the road.
Speaker 4: How does your love and your care look like? How do you give that?
Speaker 1: What do I give?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I hug, I compliment. When I say I love you, I mean it. I do little things or prepare special meals or surprises. I think I mentioned to you I love surprises. Though I've never been on the receiving end, I'd love to give them. With my last marriage, my last relationship, it was abundantly an exchange giving receiving not only of affection, but conversation and many many gifts. We talk about making wrong choices, Yeah, I will always remember that one.
Speaker 4: Well, I will keep all of this in mind.
Speaker 3: I am very, very, very excited to grill these gentlemen and see if they are worthy of your love and your care, and your attentiveness and your effervescence.
Speaker 1: I trust my future. It's in your hands.
Speaker 3: Ah, here we go, Here we go. Let's get ready. Let's put the pressure on on these gentlemen. They better hold on to their pantaloons or I'll hold them for them, or that or that. We'll be back after the break. Welcome back today, my Ilani the first. All right, So if you are ready to go incognito mode, we will bring in the contestants, and we want to hear your own commentary, so share your thoughts in real time. I will and we will reconvene as we typically do with our main data in a bit to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: And as a wise woman who once told me, open your heart, open your mind, and I am just asking for honest day, Vehico time to date my Vico first, to be of many of those contestants. It is such a treat to have you all here. So today we're flipping our show on its head. It's time for me to call the shots. So if you make it far enough, you learn why. So it's just gonna be me and you boys. First up, we got Chris. Chris is a fifty five year old actor who lives in La Chris is a proudly twelve years sober and has lots of plans and is excited for the future. Heck yes, I'm also so proud of you. Chris is interested in dating someone who will have a nuanced conversation and can handle a lot of high energy. Hell's yeah, he gets bored easily, so he is in look for someone who has adventure to add to his already full life.
Speaker 4: Welcome Chris, Chris, Thank you. Thank Next up we have Billy.
Speaker 3: Billy followed a girlfriend abroad and when they didn't work out, he stayed abroad.
Speaker 4: Talk about adventure.
Speaker 3: Billy lived there for three decades and has only recently returned to the US. Billy is sixty six years old and has been a wellness fitness coach. I mean, y'all, yeah, you can see it, you can see it, and is looking for healthiness and activeness and a partner. Billy is cruel, working on a book and has a miniature Schnauzer who is his companion.
Speaker 4: Oh how cute I Billy.
Speaker 3: And last, but certainly not least we got Mitch. Mitch had epilepsy when he was a child slash teenager and almost died. Oh and his near death experience has given him and an appreciation for life that he always carries with him.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Mitch is currently semi retired and has been a ski instructor, columnist, actor, and wedding offician, which says he takes very seriously.
Speaker 4: Okay, someone else is in the business of love. I see. Mitch says he was blessed by.
Speaker 3: Good jeans, hell's yeah, I can see that, and athletic parents, and was raised by an intelligent, strong mom. His green flags are humor.
Speaker 4: And nice legs.
Speaker 3: Welcome Mitch.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: Before we get into the any gritty, the intimate stuff, we'll start with something a little bit you know, chill.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play some games, break the eyes, warm up.
Speaker 4: So with that said, let's get right in.
Speaker 3: Our main dater is a bit of a dancer herself and expects her partner to be able to, you know, bust a move or two. So in this game of Save the Last Dance, imagine you are at the nightclub and the ending of the night is approaching, and you see the lady in the red dress.
Speaker 4: I mean, I am talking about a boom, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: She looks eager for that one final dance to close the evening, and it's your objective to woo this lady. So what would you say in order to get her to hit the dance floor by your side?
Speaker 2: It just has to show those bicips, all.
Speaker 3: Right, book, Chris, go ahead, lead me to it.
Speaker 6: Me sure. I get a lot of joy from dancing, so I pretty much just let myself go.
Speaker 7: So I'm envisioning just really like dance enough to her.
Speaker 1: Just spit it out, just.
Speaker 6: Whatever whatever the dance style is, and get right up there and give it her my energy.
Speaker 7: Seeing how she reacts.
Speaker 3: Do you say anything or you just like show your physical Yeah, throw yourself at me.
Speaker 7: No, I want to feel that. It's not about the words, right, It's about the energy. So you know, I'm going to see.
Speaker 3: In her eyes absolutely and then begin that exchange. I love that, Mitch. What's your approach? Do you say anything? Do you show the physical? What's up?
Speaker 5: I think I would just simply walk up and say something along the lines of you know, there couldn't be anything better the night than just have one dance with you and off of my hand.
Speaker 3: All right, that's what's said NASA smooth interrect So that's what's what about you, billy, what's your approach?
Speaker 8: Well, what I'd do is I'd go up to her, because I wouldn't know what style of dance, whether or not it'd be salts or whatnot, and I'd say, hey, do you remember the time when these dance arenas were like in Saturday Night Fever with John Travolta. Do you remember Ben Vereen in All That Dance? And do you remember Debbie Allen in Fame? Hey, if you don't, we can talk about this. But what we have to do is we have to get warmed up first. So let's just go out on the floor and we'll go ahead, and you know, go ahead and move around a little bit. And as we're dancing, if the song slows down, if the music slows down, or if you want to know, we just talk about the error, because I'm figuring we come from that same generation and these young people out here they know nothing about what real dance is about.
Speaker 3: Okay, And then show off to all these young people absolutely, I would be in the crowd waiting for the show. I'm so here for this throwing it, Billy, here's the next game. Here's the thing. I gotta be honest. Sometimes when I get dating advice, I kind of roll my eyes because you know, dating is a journey and it's different for everybody, and sometimes it's no, it's is gonna be different.
Speaker 4: But not today.
Speaker 3: Today, I actually want to hear the advice you all have about dating. I want to know both the best advice and the worst advice. But here's the little twist. I'm going to give you some bonus information on our main dater. She grew up watching the novels and loves to watch a little salacious drama. So today we're going to ask you for the best and worst advice that you've ever received, but then a novela style. For example, the best dating advice that I have received is to not let your ego rule your love life. But if I were to give it in the renovela style, I would say, no, mos the ego, No, don't do it, please do not let it rule your love life. Something like that. Okay, So with that, Billy, start us off on this let's start with the best dating advice.
Speaker 7: Best dating advice.
Speaker 8: They take time, they go from week to week to week to week. It evolves, just like love.
Speaker 2: None of that.
Speaker 7: Netflix.
Speaker 8: Gotta do everything in one shot dating, man, that's the way you do it to get to know people, date soap opera style.
Speaker 2: I love him that.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: That is correct? Yeah, dating takes time, it takes weeks. It's an ever learning process.
Speaker 4: I'm into that. I'm into that.
Speaker 1: Mitch.
Speaker 4: What's your best dating advice? Superper style?
Speaker 5: Brian to do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well okay, yeah, so could I say? So, you know, dating that breaks your heart, there's your part. And you know what, usually because people are being real, you gotta be real. Maybe just kind of bringing up be be your heart, because your heart that's what matters.
Speaker 5: Bringing out, be real, be you.
Speaker 2: Okay, he just made me cry.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yes, be real, be you.
Speaker 3: Wise woman once told me that open your mind, open your heart, and and just be you, and that really is the path that takes us to connecting with other people. So I love that.
Speaker 4: Chris, what's your best dating advice?
Speaker 1: The in knowla style?
Speaker 2: Let me see.
Speaker 7: That is a very interesting question.
Speaker 10: Yes, you must do more listening talking. Okay, it's not a very good Spanish.
Speaker 3: But it was precise doing more listening than talking, and so frekingly, yeah, being an active listener is a very it's a practice. It's a practice.
Speaker 4: So I love all this.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and now get to the worst dating advice that you have ever received. For example, I'm your or sometimes it is best to leave some parts of the truth so you don't hurt their feelings. He's okay that you should never leave parts of the truth. Ever, to not hurt someone's feelings eventually is gonna bite you in the buttocks. Let's reverse it, Chris, start us off. What's the worst dating advice.
Speaker 6: I'll be completely honest with you. I've never gotten any bad dating advice. I've never really gotten a lot of dating advice in general. I'd never been the big hater, so I never really.
Speaker 7: Was officially in the dating world. Per se.
Speaker 2: What that makes sense?
Speaker 3: No, that's I'm very curious about this, me too. I'm bookmarking that one. Honesty and transparency. Mitch, what is the worst dating advice?
Speaker 9: This whole thing about bring your best on the first date, bring you bring your heart. This impressing thing.
Speaker 5: You know, so many people say, you know you're going the first date, you got to really impress them, You've got to blow them away. Don't impress me. What impresses me is the hat.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, performance, But was it that you said earlier that like oftentimes like people bring in their quote unquote best version and then they are just like performing for you, and you're like, wait, but who are you? Like, what's what's happening there? What's the real you? We're done with that zero performance?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know. And the thing is I tell people, look, you want somebody to fall in with person A, and you're really person b that's a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 3: I'm so freaking lutely I have learned of the hard way. Cute Billy, what's your worst dating advice?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, and I appreciate what Mitchell said in terms of not pretending, and I would add something to that, and that would be to not be macho. I mean, we have this tendency as males to be macho and we don't allow ourselves to be vulnerable. And I think that's really important, especially when we're dealing with the opposite sex, because the way we see the world and the way they see the world is entirely different. So being vulnerable allows us to open up. And if that doesn't work, then that's fine. But this whole thing about being mauchhole and you got to be this and be that as a man, and you know, be strong and all that. After the years that we've been on this planet, I think we've learned our lesson and that is sensitivity.
Speaker 5: It's ah, well.
Speaker 3: This is absolutely lovely. I am really really into all of this. Well, maybe I have another piece of dating advice.
Speaker 4: The best thing you can do for your love life is, you know, come on a dating.
Speaker 3: Show podcast, reveal your secrets, share your experience, and maybe go on a sexy date.
Speaker 4: In the end, I think for the next round.
Speaker 3: I don't want to send anybody home right now. I want to get to know you a little bit deeper, more intimately. So what's gonna happen is we'll have just the one on one. We're gonna dig deep, We're gonna go in there, just see on me, and then I will have more information to see which way I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: We'll be back after the break.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to day Maya Wani the first, So I want to start with, uh, Chris, have a little cafecito gonvico. All right, Chris, this is very exciting. Oh my gosh, this is the first time I get to have.
Speaker 4: A one on one. Oh how are you doing today? How are you feeling?
Speaker 7: I'm feeling great.
Speaker 4: M lovely, lovely.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm very curious about your dating, right. You mentioned in one of the games that you haven't really done much of it, and I'm very curious about how that looks like, how has looked like, and how do you wish it looked like.
Speaker 7: I'll keep a brief but I'm the only child of.
Speaker 11: A single mom and she didn't really want me dating girlfriends.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: What So I was doing.
Speaker 11: A lot of theater, and I was working in restaurants, and I was young and good looking, and I liked girls, and just they just kind of came into my life, you know, And it.
Speaker 6: Was it was never I never had to go out there and set up dates and go on dates and ask uncles and whatever father figures I could.
Speaker 7: Get a hold of for dating advice. I never really was in that world.
Speaker 3: You've been uncohol free for twelve years, Yes, twelve years awesome. How do your relationships in your life with yourself and the people around you have changed since that decision?
Speaker 7: There's a lot less relationships and that's inevitable.
Speaker 6: Quality of the relationships are so much better because I'm better.
Speaker 3: How do they look like? Can you give me a bit of an example.
Speaker 6: Making myself vulnerable here, I've only been in LA for three years and so I don't have really any personal relationships in my life, like people who I see on a regular basis.
Speaker 7: So I've very solitary.
Speaker 2: That's way too solidary.
Speaker 6: My relationships are all virtual, like this to you a message or mostly Google doo.
Speaker 7: I have some people in my life, friends.
Speaker 6: Who are like family who I talk to regularly.
Speaker 7: Those relationships are beautiful.
Speaker 3: Now with that, a lot of you said a lot of your relationships tend to be virtual. Are you someone who likes physical touch and is affectionate and do you miss that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, I think about.
Speaker 6: That when I see movies and I see like I always kissed on the cheek, and I'm like when I was leaving in the house and I had a girl, and I looked with women and I had women in my life, it.
Speaker 7: Was well I kiss like a kiss and I'm very very affectionate.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 3: So do you consider yourself a romantic only then?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, I'm a lovely I'm a lovely dove kind of guy. I was raised by women, so I'm like totally.
Speaker 11: Like all that maso talk.
Speaker 6: It's like, I'm never that guy who's trying to be macho for anybody.
Speaker 3: So words of affirmation feel like you?
Speaker 11: You do?
Speaker 3: You like to give words of affirmation, receive words of affirmation as well?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, absolutely. I used to run a summer camp.
Speaker 6: Most of my life has been around kids, and that's all about positivity and affirmation and building them up. So that's part of my DNA. Just as a person, I'm just always a cheerleader for everybody.
Speaker 7: Spin everything positive.
Speaker 3: And what are you looking for right now? What does it feel like aligns with you in this moment?
Speaker 6: Looking for someone good who is making life more complex than it needs to be.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you very very much. We're gonna put you in the waiting room and then bring back one of the other conditions and have that going. Thank you so much, Chris, awesome seeing it. Welcome back, Mitch, Hey, this is our moment.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: Indeed, we have a one on one just you and me. I'm gonna just dive in, dig deep. You seem like you've had many many an experience, you know, and you've you've had many a relationship and you'll learn a lot from those. What has been some of the patterns that you've noticed within yourself and these relationships and what do you want to break or heal or what have you noticed? Like, Oh, I healed that and I'm bringing this in a new relationship.
Speaker 5: I grew up with really successful people around me, my family, and so I initially was somebody that was working to impress, working to show my value, and I used to need some validation, you know. I would do some things and pretty cool things, you know, start my own nonprofits and stuff like that, and I needed to hear from other people. Well this is great, thank you for doing this. I don't need anything anymore like that. I don't care what people think about how I look, what I do and whatever. It's like, I want to be happy. Yeah, that's been my biggest lesson is learning to just be real, be myself kind of like I said, any other thing and trust. So just like this process, right, here, I'm going to trust that whatever is meant to be meant to be. You know, if one of the other two guys is the right guy, rock one great.
Speaker 3: It's like everything in life. You know, we are not everone's cup of tea, and that is oh adorable. Yeah, what's your perspective with conflict?
Speaker 5: The relationship should be more important than being right, Like, I make a billion mistakes. I'm gonna be wrong a million times until I die. If I'm not wrong sometimes, and I'm probably dead. So if things are going differently for the day or the week or the mon kind of write it out because the relationship's bigger than any conflict, any differences.
Speaker 3: Are you a very affectionate person? Do you like physical touches that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very very very very h very very very I like the very very very very How do.
Speaker 3: You express yourself romantically? Are you much of a romantic? Do you like you know, grand gestures?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it kind of goes to the love languages thing, right, first thing I want to do is read the lady and figure out what really resonates for her. I don't think I would mix well with somebody that doesn't like physical touch because I'm just gonna hug in the middle of the kitchen, rub up against their back, So yeah, that's kind of more. My thing is the I love a lot of the touching and connection and whatnot. I mean, gosh, you could be sitting there with your partner drinking coffee, watching the sunrise and not even saying a word. But whether it's a momentary touch, whether it's a you know, holding each other at.
Speaker 3: Of connection, those are like your your bits for connection. Are those physical touches that like eventually, yeah, they definitely add up.
Speaker 4: Where in the world are you right now?
Speaker 5: In Sacramento?
Speaker 3: Right now, Sacramento beautiful? And what are you looking for right now?
Speaker 5: I want somebody that wants to venture a little bit. They don't have to do everything I do, they don't have to scuba I but somebody that can see life is like, oh man, let's explore, let's try something new. And the other thing is somebody that's really creative. I mean, I've said it. I would look for somebody that either has tats or would somebody that's got that creative edge to them, not like, I don't know, emotionally conservative. I don't know if that's what you call it. That's really huge to me. But I do need somebody emotionally mature too. I dated this beautiful model from Venezuela for four years and she was jealous when I had coffee with a guy friend. It's like, Okay, I need some emotional maturity.
Speaker 3: How do you handle your emotional space? How do you tap into your emotions? Do you feel comfortable leaning into your vulnerability, being able to trust someone with your emotions and whether they're anger or jealousy or frustration, how do you communicate these like harder feelings to process.
Speaker 5: So I'm kind of this zen person. I've done in a tone of the zen personal work. I'm also an ordaining spiritual minister and whatnot. So I'm kind of fortunate that things I call it the surfer mentality when we've been in the ocean, like I have scuba diving and surfing. When notot we just chilling. A lot of things don't bother us. So I don't know, I've never really tended towards anger anyhow. My thing is is when I run into a situation, it's just simply a surprise all the way to something really deep. I tend to get quiet and think first, because I need to process through and figure out what is it. I want to say, what's really going on? What is just kind of my issue that well, I kind of don't like that, but it's not important. So that's kind of my first reaction is quietly observed. I'm a real observer first, and then once you get that dance with a person of knowing how to express, I'm also somebody who wants to kind of ring right up, Hey, how are you doing? You don't seem like you're into this or whatever. Let's talk about this. I'm not one to sweep it under the rug, ignore it, put it off, like, let's bring it out. It's not personal and the relationship is more important.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you so much for that match. I really appreciate your candor and the knowledge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're truly wonderful.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's bring on Billy.
Speaker 3: Billy, Hello, Hello you and your wonderful smile. Welcome to a little GUFFESSI Loko Mivico one on one deep dive into our deepest secrets.
Speaker 4: Okay, how are you doing today?
Speaker 7: I'm doing really well.
Speaker 3: Lovely, lovely, lovely, So I'm going to just go ahead and dive right in. How has your dating life been lately? When was your last relationship?
Speaker 7: You know, that's a great question. I haven't dated in two years.
Speaker 8: I had a girlfriend when I was in Asia for about eight years. Oh wow, and I just I just didn't feel comfortable marrying someone while I was in age. I just didn't feel home and this is my home, and that was my bad because she really wanted to get together. Well, now she's one of my best friends as well, and her and her husband are going.
Speaker 7: To come and visit me. So she's getting married. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 8: Quite a shocker for me, and I just heard about three months ago that they were going to get married.
Speaker 7: But I wish them well. So in saying all that.
Speaker 8: I had a couple of dates that lasted about I guess three months during that period of time. But that's pretty much the extent of it.
Speaker 3: Is that relationship, that eight year relationship. Is that the longest one you've ever been in?
Speaker 8: Yes, because the other one was seven years. So my dating turns into extended periods of time.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, But you're looking for sustainable, long term relationships, and I want to commend you for that because it's really hard to do. And even though these relationships quote unquote ended, you still have negotiated a new type of relationship with these people. You know, you're still really good friends with these folks that you have grown with and have also witnessed you in your growth. With that said, what are some things that you have learned from those relationships that you definitely want to bring into a new one, And what are some things that you've noticed within yourself patterns that you're like, ooh, I don't want to repeat that.
Speaker 5: You know, when I didn't think.
Speaker 8: That this was going to happen, but I think I've learned that when I date someone, they have to have some affiliation with what happens in the United States, either having lived here or being in the West. The reason why I mention that is because culturally there really is a vast difference with people who are born and they still live in their birthright country. I was a visitor and I realized that there's a cultural divide. I was able to navigate that, but at the same time, just sharing experiences, history, entertainment, all those things, even music, if they're not something that's indigenous of the society, there can be kind of like a separation. So that's one of the things that I learned in terms of what did I learn about myself? I learned that I can't extend something for a long period of time thinking that I have to get my shit together in order to feel great. Even though I was treating them well, in my eyes, I was doing them a disservice by stringing them along. I should have cut it off when I knew that there was just something intuitionally that just wasn't working for me.
Speaker 3: How does showing that earnest version of you that it's human that doesn't have all the things together, How does that look like? How does that feel like for you?
Speaker 8: It's just a matter of being authentic. I think that's what it's all about. And when I wasn't authentic, even though it kind of like crept up on me, I didn't do it intentionally. Yeah, I felt like, Okay, I just wanted to I didn't want to commit. I just wanted to have a great time, and I thought we were growing. But that was very one sided, and so I realized that at the end of the day. So this is me being authentic by actually saying and I have I've done that with both of those relationships that have been the longest I've actually told them, sat and down said I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to take you that far because I didn't realize either in my youth or just my selfishness. And I apologize for that, and I hope that we can continue going on because we shared so many other things. I just wasn't able to put a ring on it, so to speak. I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: No, all good.
Speaker 3: Now I feel you now when it comes to relationships and conflict, what's your perspective. Is that something that scares you or is something that you see as an invitation to dig deeper?
Speaker 7: I de escalate.
Speaker 8: I have this sense that when people lock heads together, it's because they're trying to push their own agenda without listening to the other person, without trying to find a point where they can both navigate. And I say this from where I'm at right now. When I was younger, there's no way in hell I have been able to do all this because I was still growing, you know, I have testops, was just rolling and all that kind of stuff. But now I've learned that I have done pretty much what most people will never be able to do in their lives, and so that's a blessing. I need to share that. I don't need to defend myself. I need to share what I've learned. So if there's a conflict, I'm just gonna sit and listen. If I make a mistake, I'm going to admit it, you know, because I wasn't listening. And I don't want to get in emotional battles. I don't want to fight people. If we're doing that, then we need to step back and go, Okay, what are we really doing here? I mean, what is the issue? Let's get on with it because obviously we have something that's bigger than that we have. You know, we have a little time left, so let's not mess it up with all this.
Speaker 7: You know, this conflict.
Speaker 3: Now, before I wrap it up with you, are you an affectionate person? Do you like physical touch? Is that something that Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's a must for me, it really is. I love holding hands. I'm really affectionate. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to be all over in like some monster sexual. No, I need to do just skin on skin, touching clothes, being next to each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a big thing for me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. I love that.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a great bunch of dates I have had with all of y'all. Speaking of honesty and transparency, I've asked all of y'all to be vulnerable with me and get in there, and I really.
Speaker 4: Appreciate all of that.
Speaker 3: I need to be honest with y'all because I have been keeping a secret actually too little. Did you all know that our main dater has actually been listening from the start. And not only is she a great main dater, she is fiery, She is funny, she has a beautiful voice, She is an actress, and is on a podcast, maybe even the podcast that we are in right now. She is my co host, which is the reason why I'm doing this alone. So we turned the table on her, and this time she is the one we are setting up on a date when she's absolutely wonderful. I know as well.
Speaker 4: I was, like everything has changed, I don't know what I'm doing. Where's my other person.
Speaker 3: It's a very special one for me because she's really lovely, and I think all of you are also wonderful humans. So this is gonna be very tough. So with that set, now that I've come clean, she is the one and only I will eat that Liliana.
Speaker 5: Liliana is such a lyrical name. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Oh, I might have an idea of maybe who I might want to put on a virtual date with her, but I need a little bit of time of reflection. So give me, give me a couple of minutes, and then we'll bring you back in with the verdict so that whomever ends up being the one gets to meet Lilliana.
Speaker 4: We'll be back after the break.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to day.
Speaker 4: May we eat the first? So will e the What? What do you think? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Since this morning, I've been so emotional, trying to think about exactly what it is that I want and how many things I have put aside for so very long, and then that beautiful comment from Mitch about my name. And he's a sweetheart, he has a huge heart. He's not gonna hold me down, He's not gonna hold me back. With Billy on the other side, I'm not sure. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling besties with Billy.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling like you can chat it up and you can have tons of conversations, but I feel like there's a bit more of an emotional attunement with Mitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's was Chris. Ever under your consideration.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's really sweet, he's really tender. I feel like there's a lot of like charisma in him. I feel that he might have a harder time to be vulnerable in general and diving in in that way. And I think you're on a point where you're just like ready to to go for it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The only thing with Mitch is Sacramento.
Speaker 3: That's true, but not only be in other places.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of hotels in Los Angeles, and you travel all the time.
Speaker 3: I see you in Hawaii, in Vegas and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's specially headed to San Francisco in a few weeks. I can stop in Sacramento.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: All right, let's bring in the contestants. Welcome back, you handsome gentlemen. It goes without saying. All of you are very, very, very special, and I wish you all love and care in a way that aligns with you in this life. With that said, the person that I have chosen to go on a date with Liliana is.
Speaker 4: Mitch.
Speaker 8: Oh congratulations, dude, Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: Sure, Chris and Billy, you two are such a delight.
Speaker 7: You're a delight. You're very special. You said we're special, You're very special.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that. Honestly, I had such a good thing.
Speaker 3: I do my best without further ado came on in Lilliana. Meet Mitch.
Speaker 1: Hi Mitt.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, how are you beautiful?
Speaker 1: How are you? You are such a sweet heart.
Speaker 5: I'm very blessed.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I'm shaking.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Lelliana.
Speaker 4: First impressions on Mitch.
Speaker 1: He's adorable, You're sweet. But one thing that I really have to say is the gratitude I feel towards you becon. You have handled yourself amazingly with a huge heart, which we don't see off it. It's more logic than anything.
Speaker 3: I'm the logic and the equation normally on the one like you know, with the mental stuff, and then like she's the one with the heart. So I've been putting a little bit of that in this in the side and.
Speaker 1: It truly worked.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you so much, Mitch. First impressions on Lileana.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know too much about her, because clearly personality and energy in person is going to be where I'll get to really know you.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I can see by the smile and the way you approached all this that you know, this beautiful vitality, beautiful smile.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I never felt so much pressure in my life before.
Speaker 1: You did. Absolutely magnificent. You are a beautiful star shining bride today saying not only that, but how about spinoff show? Huh where it is Vico matchmaking us over fifty year old?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a little Veco match making for well asn't know what he does. Yeah, I can definitely see it. Yeah, I can definitely see it.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta go on my dates, so white, don't you all?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm gonna head out and let you o.
Speaker 5: Be hang on. I put it on headphones so I can hear you better. There we go. I should even hear you better. Now can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you perfectly.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, what essential voice.
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't heard that word in a minute.
Speaker 5: Oh it's fabulous, my gosh. And so you were from Peru.
Speaker 1: I was born in Lima and I came to this country when I was nine years old, and oh my gosh, I haven't left since grew up in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Oh you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went to Hollywood High.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: One of the schools that got kicked out of you Where are you from?
Speaker 5: Don't you know that men are from Mars?
Speaker 1: Don't you You're far away from home?
Speaker 5: Look at my planet? Gosh. So I grew up in Colorado on snowskis and then a little bit on horseback until my parents got divorced and we ended up coming to Central California. I fell in love with baseball. That was my first love and life. And then you might have heard earlier, I developed epilepsy, and so it threw off my ability to hit a curveball. And it also kind of every time in college during finals periods, I ended up in the hospital. So kind of took care of my first two career ideas professional baseball and then being a lawyer. But I was blessed even then, Lilyana to you know, I've heard I've had people say, oh, it's too bad, and I'm like, you know, I'm the most fortunate man on earth. And even then I thought, well, I guess God's just got another plan for me. Even though boy, it was hard losing baseball and I've just sort of ended up here. I really would like to end up in some kind of a smaller town where there's a sense of community, and it could be anywhere in the world. That's the other piece I'll give you is my what you call it retirement whatnot doesn't go real far in California. It's okay.
Speaker 1: Anywhere in the world anymore.
Speaker 5: I'm also interested in seeing the world. I don't know if you have some interest in travel. Are you're going to start volunteering around the world a little bit, doing some volunteer projects, building hospitals for children and taking care of some refugees and stuff, sometimes just for a week here and there. And I want to see the world a little bit. What about you?
Speaker 1: That would be an amazing thing to do. The only thing that keeps me in Los Angeles, And it's funny because a lot of people ask me, are you going to stay here? I have a daughter. She lives in Arizona, Arizona. I have two grandsons who are with her.
Speaker 5: She in Phoenix area where.
Speaker 1: She's just in Gilbert, twenty minutes from Phoenix. Yeah, right next to Messa. And she is very happy where she's at. And up until now, the only thing that holds me to La is Hollywood is doing my commercials and doing my acting now doing the podcast, which is what has fulfilled my days up until now. Now when this idea of the show came about, of finding me, you know, I keep joking to with all the contestants, well don't you have a grandpa or a single uncle that you can hook me up with? And most of them don't. So then they decided, here, why don't we just do a show? And I thought, I'm game, you know, let's try it out. And because though I've been married several times, my desperate need and I'm gonna cry on this, my desperate need not to be alone, my desperate need to be loved, pushed me from one to the other, one mistake after the other, and finally I had all these long, lonely years because you said it before, or I'm sorry one of you said it, but friends leave you, family dies, and at the end it's just you.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I want somebody who is going to see my heart, who is going to take care of it the same way that I'm going to do that for my partner. I love to spoil, I love to love, I love to laugh, and I love adventures. I haven't had many of them because I've been so busy trying to make a living, you know, for the past few years when you're alone. You know, I ended up selling my house. The house was empty, no need for me to keep it. And so many things changed, but the one constant thing was that I stayed in la that things can change in the future, of course they can. So do I want a partner, Yes, I do want a partner. But at the same time, you know, if it happens and you needed to travel somewhere, you know, go, I'll still be here when you get back. You know, if it's going to take longer, we can discuss it. Things that we can plan together through time. How did you get on this show?
Speaker 5: I don't Oh, but one of the things I love about what you just said there something about doing this show today. You said, I'll give it a try. That's a huge thing to me, Lana is try things. Gosh, I try to teach my son. You know, if you don't ask, you'll never know. If you don't try, you'll never I mean, just try things. And so I saw this thing. Even though I don't remember signing up for it, I don't know when it was. It could have been a year ago, I said, sure, So I didn't really know what I was getting into and didn't know the format or anything else. But the magic of meeting you makes it worth it, right, And even if I hadn't had that blessing and been that fortunate, it would have been an adventure, been something new to try that I'd never known about this.
Speaker 1: Vigo, Well, I'm going to tell you one thing. I love how my name sounds on your lips. Hey, yay yygo. It's been quite a season.
Speaker 3: Hey, it has been. Oh my god, the season a very fun one. We got to flip the script a couple of times, like bringing you as the main data. That was so much fun.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna forget that one and stick around for next season so you can find out what happened. But listen right now, tears are coming out of my eyes because I'm a little sad. It's the end of a wonderful, wonderful season. Thank you so much for believe it or not, Vigo, bringing your heart, because you are amazing. We have come so far in our friendship of so many many years, and it shows on the air how we communicate and certain parts of it. Now we can even read each other's minds.
Speaker 4: We really do.
Speaker 1: I really really love that. Thank you to everyone listening. This has been a great season. We have had so many surprises. We are not done with them yet. Please keep listening and remember Date Maya Wailita First is here to show you, bring you and share love.
Speaker 4: I love that. I got nothing else to add to that. I second everything. Thank you, Alita. It has been a pleasure and a delight.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, Thank you all for joining us this season. On Date My Ai the First, we will be seeing you soon enough.
Speaker 1: Besitos Misa Mortis.
Speaker 3: Date Maaori the First is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's Michaultura podcast network, hosted by me Vico Ortiz, joined by the fabulous Leanna Montenegro. Bit My Houri the First is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Ragquel, and Sophie Spencer Zavos. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama, Leo Clem, and Nico Raguel w V Sound. This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and Sophie Spencer Zavos. Features original music by Alpha Morello and gave Lopez special things. Also to our hopeful romantics This week our Li Liana, mont Billy, Chris and Mitch. Additional thanks to Salt and Line Media. See you next week and in the meantime, don't do anything Wilita wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: Just do it as magnificently as Beco has
Speaker 3: A yeah yeah yeah, I love you, I love you, I love that