Speaker 1: Hello again and welcome back to kids' Bible stories. Today's story is called you Aren't Alone in your suffering. This comes from Tewod Corinthians, chapter one, verses one through ten. Last week we heard the Bible tell us that we can rejoice even in our sufferings because of what it can create in us endurance, character, and hope. Do you remember who wrote about that? His name started with the letter p Say it out loud if you remember.
Speaker 2: Paul.
Speaker 1: Yes, you got it. It was Paul, and we get to hear from him again today. Paul experienced lots of suffering. He was shipwrecked three times. Yeah you heard that three times. He was beaten put in jail, so he knows a thing or two about it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Paul wrote a letter to the people who lived in Corinth, which is a city in Greece. You can pause and find Greece on a map if you like. Greece is a place where old ruins tell stories from long ago, and the bright blue sea sparkles under the warm sun, with olive trees on the hills and white houses on the cliffs. It's a country full of amazing history and stunning views. Now that you can picture where he is writing to. Let's jump right into today's scripture. Take it away, Paul.
Speaker 3: To the church that is at Corinth. Grace to you and peace from God, our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Paul really knows how to start a letter. Wow, that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ, the Father of all mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we may be able to comfort those in any trouble with the comfort that we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly and comfort as well. If we are afflicted, Oh, it's for your comfort and salvation. And if we are comforted, it is for your comfort which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Paul may point something out to them. Well, of course, did he just say the God of some comforts? No? No, did he say that God comforts us only sometimes.
Speaker 2: No, No, he said, God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your help. Okay, go ahead again.
Speaker 3: Paul, Yes, of course, for we do not want you to be unaware, of brothers and sisters, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead, and he delivered us from such a deadly peril. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again.
Speaker 1: Well, that is it for our story today. But before we go, let's think about what we just heard. I heard the word comfort a lot. Tell me what do you think that means?
Speaker 2: Being loved and cuddled?
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing. Some of you may have said comfort is when you feel safe, cozy, and happy, like when you're wrapped in a soft blanket or hugged by someone you love. Have you ever felt that before? Yes, Well, when we feel God's comfort for us during suffering or troubles, it kind of feels like everything will eventually be okay, even if we can't feel it completely right now, it's a deep, deep truth that you know that comforts you even when life is very hard. Now does that mean you can't cry or shouldn't feel sad?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, that's right. Remember God sent his son Jesus. Remember we've heard episodes that told us Jesus he wept. Jesus gets it, and he loves you so so much that he tells us to cry out to him ask for help. You can tell them how you really feel, and tell your parents how you feel too, And remember Jesus loves you and wants to comfort you. Okay. Our last thing. I also heard this.
Speaker 3: So that we may be able to comfort those in any trouble with the comfort that we ourselves have been given by God.
Speaker 1: Let's think about that. Have you ever fallen down and skinned your knee?
Speaker 2: Ouch? Yes, if a.
Speaker 1: Friend helped you up and checked on you, maybe they got you a band aid. Did that bring comfort to you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I bet? And could you then do that for someone else when it happens to them, Yes, you could, and you do it because you remember how wonderful it was to feel that comfort, and you want to share that comfort with someone else. Now, each of you will have certain experiences that God comforts you in that makes you a great person to comfort someone else. One example I've seen has to do with glasses, the kind that you wear. Some of you may even wear glasses. Well. I remember one awesome girl who needed glasses, but she didn't want to wear them. To her, they felt different on her face, and she was a little afraid that she might stand out from others. And you know who was the perfect person to comfort her in this a sweet boy who also wore glasses. He understood what she was going through, so he comforted her with what he had learned.
Speaker 2: Wearing glasses might feel new and different, but God made you just the way you are, and it's always with you even things change. I can see so much better thanks glasses, and most likely no one even cares. They will them as they do. Who cares ignore them? Because God lives you so much.
Speaker 1: See, you get to play a part helping others in this very special way. God will always be there to comfort us. And when He comforts us in these specific troubles and the harder sufferings we experience, we are then able to comfort someone else going through the same thing. Thank you so much Listeners for joining us today. I want to give a shout out and thank our newest Patreon supporter, Olivia Listeners. If you've been enjoying the podcast, we'd love for you to consider supporting us so we can keep bringing you more great content. By joining our supporters on Patreon, not only will you help keep the podcast free, but you'll also get access to exclusive bonus content for each episode. In the last thirty days alone, we've had over one hundred and eighty two thousand, one hundred and forty three downloads, and with your help we can continue reaching others. Your support makes all the difference. Thank you for being a part of this amazing community. Thanks everyone, and as always, bye for now.