Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: I'm strong and Jettie and he I'm strong and Yetty.
Speaker 4: A lot of sports going on. The World Cup is here in La. Most of the world.
Speaker 2: Wow, see, I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most of the world consider soccer the number one sport here. It's it's free where you put your kids when you don't want to pay for daycare.
Speaker 2: That's listen.
Speaker 4: I don't get to the attraction of soccer.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: There's more scoring at Bible Camp. But okay, if you love it, you love it, and I'm glad you have it.
Speaker 3: I grew up before soccer became a thing, so I've never played soccer in my life. Now, I very very few little kids don't play soccer at least one year when they're like five years old, very very few. But write a good piece somewhere New York Times are somewhere on and this was someone who doesn't care for soccer really either as a grown up and played when they're a kid. Like where the breakdown has occurred in America because it's now like everybody plays soccer everybody puts their kid in soccer, every kid plays soccer, and then there's somewhere a breakdown between that and the popularity of it. And they went through the ratings and comparing it to Major League Baseball and basketball and all the different things, and just we just somewhere in there we lose our interest in soccer as opposed to other countries where they just absolutely they played as little kids and then love it the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: That is an interesting dichotomy for sure. Neil Ferguson, the Historian, wrote a beautiful piece quoting an author who wrote one of the most famous books about soccer ever about how soccer fans, hardcore fans like the Euros, that they're fans in order to suffer, and they all suffer together, and it's mostly frustration, and it's a it's like an addiction, which I don't quite get. I enjoy watching the games, but then if I don't for a year and a half, I don't miss it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how far to get into the weeds on this whole Elon Musk conversation. I got sucked into it because it was making me so mad. Over the weekend. The number of posts I was seeing and cable news hosts on the non Fox channels about how, oh of various government your Elon Musk's, your AOC's, you're Bernie Sanders. I predicted this on Friday we would hear from them by the end of the day, and we did. They all had very strong statements about how awful this is and how it's a sign that our country is just completely off track that we now have a trillionaire and somehow believe they seem to actually believe, as do a lot of the people that vote for them, that Elon having a trillion dollars took money out of your pocket. So, like I tweeted out that specific phrase over the weekend, something along the lines of, I can't believe the economic literacy we have in this country thanks to our public school system, that so many people feel like Elon becoming a trillionaire took money out of their pockets. That's insane. Well, the pushback is all the various government subsidies or contracts that he has that still don't make sense for all kinds of reasons that I can read to you. Here's one. This was a pushback against a senator that had posted that you know, the taxpayers made Elon Musk rich, not Elon Musk by us giving him all these various breaks. Elon Musk was awarded, not given, cost per result contracts to perform a service for the US government. The total of those for SpaceX specifically is twenty two billion dollars, which includes repaid, loan, state tax incentives center. The deal was simple, put stuff into low entry orbit at or below a set cost. If SpaceX does it below the set cost, SpaceX keeps the difference. If it doesn't, the company is responsible for the overrun. It was SpaceX versus. First of all, they bid against other companies in one out and then against NASA. The end result is that SpaceX and Elon lowered the cost of getting a kilogram into low entry orbit by one hundred percent versus what NASA was previously doing. In other words, it would cost us, the taxpayer, all the stuff we were trying to put in space so much more money if we did it with the government program of NASA versus the SpaceX program of Elon. In other words, we got tremendous bang for our buy and as a government, we incentized innovation in a way that's going to pay off for generation centuries maybe right, And then once again responding to this particular senator, most of what is cited our government contracts, the money going to Elon. You see, the government which you helped run. I forget which senator was one of your lefty socialist centers. The government which you helped run wanted services and decided his company was best to provide them, which they did at a negotiated price. How on earth that entitles you to the profit he made providing those services, which you guys wanted and agreed to, is beyond well anyone, especially me. And the subsidies he got for electric cars were from your party because he did what you wanted him to do, remember when he was your darling. So there's that part of it. I was against the subsidies for all the electric cars. I don't think taxpayers should be given everybody else as seventy five hundred dollars or twelve thousand dollars brake on their electric car to incentivize them. But all y'all on the left decided that was a good idea, which got Elon started on the whole rich thing. But on the other thing, with SpaceX's we were mentioning earlier, Elon's the biggest taxpayer in world history already, and that is going to go exponentially higher because of all of his dealings and everything like that, plus the hundreds of thousands of jobs and all the taxes that they pay, and has been pointed out already in a couple of these things I've read, the service that are being provided to people that people want. Where are you all complaining when the cylinders of the world happen. They take your tax money, they give it to these green ideas that never pan out. So you don't get any jobs, you don't get any green energy, you get zero bang for your buck tax money because nobody's profiting in any way. And when is anybody complaining about that? So when one of these programs works out and somebody makes some money, then you're angry. That is just nonsensical, beyond nonsensical.
Speaker 1: I wish I still had in front of me that brilliant essay I READI part of a few weeks ago about how when the rich have a successful business and they come up with more, they end up with more money than they could ever spend. They don't spend it, you know, depending on which guy you're talking about. Maybe they buy a super yacht or whatever. But most of it they reallocate. They take that money and put it somewhere they think is even more productive, creating more companies, more jobs. And if you are Mark Zuckerberg and you decide you want a meggiacht, okay, somebody built that meggiacht. Somebody's maintaining it. Mechanically. You have captains and crewmen and cooks and cleaners and dock workers and all sorts of people that creates wealth, the wealth of the world. Here's the one thing you have to know. If you don't know this, you will be an ignoratus till the day you die. Wealth is not a pie of a fixed size. You can create wealth. Wealth can start with a dollar and end up with a trillion dollars a few generations later. If people are smart and they aloquate, you allocate money wisely.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That seems to be one of the breakdowns is that in watching the pushback, the pushback seems to come from a crowd that thinks there is a fixed amount of money always right. And that was Senator ed Markley. By the way, how much of Musk's wealth sufferable. How much of Musk's wealth comes from government help, virtually all of it.
Speaker 1: He says, that's idiotic, that is absolutely untrue. More on this topic, which I find absolutely fascinating. After word from incognitiate, boy, this is chilling and it's a rip from real life. So you're at work in your phone, buzz is that your kid's number? Your kid gets on the phone, says he's been in an accident, needs money right now, and you do whatever you had to help right Well, that's what the scam is counting on. That wasn't your kid at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I wonder when I've gotten phone calls in the past and I say hello, Hello, if that's just them recording my voice to try to do some sort of scam for the future. Those are really really trumbling, troubling. The only way you can stop this is if they can't get a hold of you in the first place. You can't stop them from cloning a voice, but you can make sure they never get your number in the first place. Within Cognity's help, because they're going to go to all these data brokers use the law on their side and say you cannot sell your data. You got to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Yep, we're both on Incognitiate contracts hundreds of those data brokers and keeps after them over and over again. Costs about seven dollars a month. It's worth every penny. Really easy go to in cognity dot com slash armstrong. So I n cog ni dot com slash armstrong sixty percent off in cognity dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: For instance this back and forth which was on our Twitter feed. Elon gets paid roughly eight million dollars a day by the American taxpayer via his government contracts. Explain how taxpayer subodies aren't literally money out of our pockets. One of our very smart listeners, thankfully, was willing to argue with all these people all day yesterday when I wasn't somebody that goes by the handle common sense. Do you understand the difference between a contract for delivering a service or product versus a handout?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, Yeah, well said, it's astonishing ignorance.
Speaker 3: Nearly all competitive contracts that had deliverables launches, Starlink services, et cetera. SpaceX won those awards by offering a lower cost than other companies, or that the government could do themselves.
Speaker 1: The government of these people don't understand the difference between Stacy Abrams and SpaceX.
Speaker 3: That was Elon's pushback. For instance, the Stacy Abrams thing. Stacy Abrams started an NGO and thirty days later was given two billion dollars by the Biden administration. She has not had to return a penny of that. The NGO never did any thing. And there are tons of those kinds of things that happen all the time. Are do you all get mad about that or you just don't notice because they're failures. They're all failures, and so nobody is making money off of that. If we could invest in someone that would clean up the homeless situation and make it cheaper than all the homeless government programs and that guy gets rich, I'll sign.
Speaker 2: Up for it today, right.
Speaker 3: I don't care if he gets rich, if it ends up being cheaper than the government programs that are doing nothing. You give out money to these green I keep mentioning the green programs because there's but there's tons of stuff that's not just all kinds of crap that they they put money into that doesn't produce any taxpayer revenue doesn't make a thing. It doesn't do anything for anybody. It's not a product that people want. It's just a money hole.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: So we've been addressing the faulty and dopey uh he had government contracts argument. We haven't even gotten to the main socialist argument, which is that income essentially should be capped and once you have a certain amount, you should be restricted from ever making anymore. I want to get to that. I will tell you two things. I'm gonna lay two truth bombs on you. One is an old, great old saying you can't remember who came up with it. But a triumph is temporary because you'll go seek new challenges and battles and you might not win all of them. But an excuse is eternal because you can just lay there with your excuse covering you like a warm blanket and never try anything, all right. That's truth number bomb Number one. Number two is envy is like a shot of fentanyl. It just numbs you. You get sleepy, you bend over at the waist, and you stop thinking. The politics of envy are so powerful and so easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope I raise my kids in such a way that they have the feeling I have when there is a you know, a guy like Jeff Bezos inventing Amazon, or Bill Gates and you know, doing what he did with computers all through the nineties or elon.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think it's freaking cool as heck. I admire it. I wish I could be more like that, as opposed to the immediate feely being I've just been taken from. That's bad. I have a negative feeling you stole from me good.
Speaker 1: That's sick because the valuation of his company is such that his share of it makes him a trillionaire.
Speaker 2: You lost?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Wow? Any thoughts on this text line four one five two nine five KFTC. Yesterday was Trump's eightieth birthday? Is that right? And uh? He claimed all along that the big giant UFC match on the White House lawn was not because it was his eightieth birthday. It was just a coincidence. It was part of the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of Our Country celebration, But clearly it was for his eight birthday. Funny piece in the Wall Street Journal today, of all things, what astrologers see in Trump's birthday horoscope in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: What what does prenologists have to say the president.
Speaker 3: That's people who read the lumps on your head. The president's cage match celebration makes perfect sense for a gemini. The Wall Street Journal goes on to explain what the right AnyWho.
Speaker 1: They stoned over there was there a ghastly I don't know, so it was yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: So they had a whole bunch of different matches and stuff like that, and it's like, you know, boutside. I don't follow UFC for real, but I did see the celebrity pictures. Anybody who's anybody leaning right, celebrity or politician was there with.
Speaker 2: From Shane Gillis to j d Vance. They were all there, Jack and.
Speaker 3: Joe Rogan and uh yeah, all kinds of different people. So I don't know this heavyweight guy who won his match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh Hockett. He's a stud whoa boy.
Speaker 3: He won his match, and then you know, they put the microphone in his hand. He's all amped up, having just a beaten the crap out of some guy in front of the President of the United States on he's eightieth birthday, and he had this to.
Speaker 5: Say, Hey, shout out to Trump for having the ball to put on, And if I'm gonna say anything, there's only one person more incredible than the incredible Hulk, and that's why Lord has Savior, Jesus Christ. Now listen, Alex Perrera, I want to Sharma, I your mama. And lastly, Mochelle Obama, he's a man, Am I right, America?
Speaker 1: That was not as dignified as when John Quincy had him Junior all day Virginia Reel.
Speaker 2: In the Easter room.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it took a turn mentioning Jesus and then that I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was quite the winding road, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Michael, I like him saying Jesus is even a bigger deal than hul Cogan. Okay, yes, Michelle Obama is a man he closes with.
Speaker 1: After winning his fight, Hockets wearing an American flag, bantanna and sunglasses, presented Trump with his gold chain necklace.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful moment.
Speaker 1: It's not quite Churchill and the Resolute Desk or whoever get it was that Queen Elizabeth doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: That was some flyover. I don't know if you saw that some of the rules that was that was awesome. I should have been.
Speaker 2: There for that.
Speaker 3: I'm not like hurt or appalled by this, but I mean, if I got to vote, do we do that or not? I would go with a no.
Speaker 1: I say bring back the roller derby next right there on the south lawn.
Speaker 3: But for everyone who has pointed out Joe Biden during June when he was president had uh bumped with trans what do you call the dudes addressed like women in danced drag correct queens had the drag queen dance celebration up on a stage. So is that also dignified in a way that I'd like?
Speaker 1: No, in an ugly world where men must be ready for war, yeah, I'd rather have a punch up. And and you know nutty fighter saying, oh, Michelle Obama's a man. Then that sick, twisted, troubled individuals showing his completely fake breasts to America for some reason.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, the guy took his shirt off.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, So there you go.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to bring you speaking of America and what a wonderful country this is. Although last night I agree was kind out there, Oh European or international soccer fans coming to the u U and marveling at this country, seeing it for the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that Twitter meme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: People who've never seen a giant giant convenience store before, for instance, like that in the US and apparently don't have in Europe. Freed Zakaria believes California is falling apart. I wonder why he thinks that, among other things. On the run, we gotta check in on Iran again. There's some new details and quotes come out have come out, not details about the deal though for some reason, that's being kept a secret. What kind of who announces a piece deal and then we won't tell you what's in it?
Speaker 1: What is that we have a memorandum of understanding of a framework for a negotiation.
Speaker 3: That's not a deal.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. To our surprise and delight.
Speaker 1: Freed Zakaria on CNN's what the hell is it in the Compass Point GPS.
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 1: Unleashed a sick this minute, thirteen to second screed last night. That was utterly calm, gentlemanly, non bomb chuckery, and an incredibly thorough indictment of the misgovernance of the state of California. It was absolutely terrific. He's a man of I would say the center left. He used to make me a little nuts talking about foreign policy because he's very much the internationalist. But I think this is so good. Let's start with fifty one. Work our way, Michael.
Speaker 6: The frustration is real and justified. California is one of the most dynamic places on the planet. It has Silicon Valley, Hollywood, world class universities, extraordinary agriculture, ports, talent, and natural beauty. But it is a case study in how a rich society can spend more and more while producing less and less of what its ordinary citizens need. Paradox of California today is a successful economy attached to a failing model of governance. Consider the fiscal record. Since two thousand. California's population has grown by roughly fifteen percent, but the state's general expenditures have grown more than two hundred percent, from seventy eight billion to about two hundred and forty eight billion dollars. General spending per person has risen from about two thousand, three hundred to about six three hundred dollars. The number of state employees has grown by more than fifty percent. By one count, does anyone think that California government and its benefits have gotten two hundred percent better in the last twenty five years.
Speaker 3: I live here, so I know it's not true.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I knew the expenditures and number of employees that skyrocketed, but that is beyond I mean beyond reasonable. And this certainly is practically beyond imagination. It is a giant jobs program for cronies and lackeys.
Speaker 3: The state employee number has grown fifty percent this century.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: So in the next section he talks about the failure of housing in California, and the essence of it is that California produces new dwellings at a rate that is a tiny fraction of other functioning government's production of those dwellings because of incredibly strict zoning and hypocritical zoning. And also you can sue developers over a list of one hundred and fifty different ridiculous things as a blackmail, so they have to pay you off. And how that culture is rampant in California, and so they underbuild housing. Let's move on to fifty three where he talks about education.
Speaker 6: Oh, look at education. For years, California schools had a plausible excuse they were underfunded. Total spending on edge location through twelfth grade has more than doubled since the early twenty tens, and per people spending by twenty twenty three was well above the national average, Yet the results remain dismal. In the twenty twenty four Nations report Card, California was forty third in fourth grade math, thirty ninth in fourth grade reading, thirty sixth in eighth grade math, and thirty eighth in eighth grade reading.
Speaker 3: Well, I bet Gavin didn't like this. He's hoping that, and he's right that nobody watches CNN weekend shows. But you know whoever's those opponent, if he would end up being the nominee, they're gonna grab this stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Yeah, I hope it goes viral.
Speaker 1: I hope it gets the retweeted and center around at a million zillion times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The educational system is absolutely miserable. Go ahead, play the next junk Michael.
Speaker 6: California's headline prosperity generated in good part by a few industries like tech masks, weaknesses underneath, job creation has been sluggish. In twenty twenty five, California essentially failed to add any new jobs on net private industries outside government and government supported healthcare actually shed jobs. According to the Center for Jobs in the Economy, the state is using public spending to paper over private sector stagnation.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah, significant net loss of jobs if you exclude government, which we discussed in government supported healthcare directly government supported. Let's talk about homelessness in fifty four.
Speaker 6: Micls homelessness tells the same story and a more painful register. A twenty twenty four audit revewed California had spent twenty four billion dollars on the problem over a five year span, Yet in twenty twenty four, California reached a record high in homelessness almost two hundred thousand. Homelessness did decline by about three percent from twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five, but the state's expansive, expensive, and elaborate homelessness aid complex has not proven to solve homelessness in any significant way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They don't have to be a genius to know that. Now.
Speaker 1: There was a headline in the very left Sacramento b the other day the Capitol California auditive Sacramento homeless shelter costs showed no strong link to good outcomes. They couldn't find a link to it doing any damned good. Yet the money continues to flow.
Speaker 3: I'm not an accountant. I can look around. You spent millions of dollars. It looks worse than it used to be.
Speaker 1: So what is happening right right now? The next section, Fred goes into a couple of minutes on LA and it's it's longest showing. Going to summarize some of it. You know what, Go ahead, do fifty six, Michael, and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 6: Nowhere is this more vivid than Los Angeles, where Hollywood, the city's defining industry, is and slow motion collapse. The effects are being felt not by celebrity actors and influencers, but the carpenters, costumers, sound engineers, camera operators, editors, drivers, caterers, dry cleaners, prop houses, and small businesses that once formed one of the world's great industrial clusters.
Speaker 1: And then he goes into the statistics about the number of shooting days in LA are just they're down eighty five percent of.
Speaker 3: Shooting films, not shooting other people.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Those days are up, but the shooting films days are down. All those gigantic soundstages and movie sets and complexes are empty. They're just completely empty. And all of those working class people, many many of whom I would guess, lean left and vote for these policies of way over regulation, insanely high taxes, lawsuits for everything. They probably support those policies, which tragic. Then, in fifty eight he summarizes the la situation.
Speaker 2: Hollywood is still.
Speaker 6: The symbol, the brand, the mythology, and it still houses the big studios that produced most of the world's greatest entertainment for almost a century, but thanks largely to high taxes, costs, and regulations, the work has moved elsewhere to Georgia, New Jersey, Toronto, London, and Warsaw. Michael Linton, who ran Sony Entertainment, told me that the big studio lots look like ghost towns now, with tens of acres of sound stages and recording studios when nothing is happening. He said, Los Angeles is becoming a sunny version of Detroit. Consider the simple fact, according to Fortune, none of the ten films nominated for Best Picture this year were primarily produced in Hollywood. Los Angeles still hosts the Oscars, but increasingly it does not actually make the movies being honored there.
Speaker 3: So I've toured the big movie lots just in the last couple of years that my kids doing the tourist thing. Universal and Warner Brothers. Yeah, they that's interesting. So they look so it's more of like it's like going to an old West, old Western town that used to be you know, during the gold Rush or something like that, and all these buildings that used to be saloons and whorehouses or whatever, but they're no longer those things. They're they're they're selling candiy kids as tourist stuff. So now the big movie lots are a tourist thing to go to to see where some of the best movies, you know, of the last one hundred years were made, and you can star Wars and Jaws or you know what of all these great movies. But they're not doing it anymore. Where are the great movies made now? Dan literally anywhere but California. Son, that's interesting, enjoy the tour. Finally this.
Speaker 6: For years, Democrats in California have governed without any real competition. The recent primary results suggests that even in deep blue territory, voter there restless. They're not becoming Republicans, But they are asking a reasonable question, why does a state with so much money, talent, and promise make life for ordinary people so hard?
Speaker 2: Good question, It's an excellent question.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I saw enough unrest to give me a lot of optimism in the recent primaries, but it registered on the Richter scale of this sucks the Suctor scale well.
Speaker 3: As long as people have their identities, their entire identities tied into a political party, so true, it's different than uh, well, like, I've never had my identity tied into a car brand. Really, I don't know. It would be another good example, but just a lot of restaurants or something. You know, this place has got better chicken at a lower price. I don't care. I'm just going to go to the one I like the best and as the most bang for the buck. My identity is not tied up in it, apparently, especially now our we have our self worth tied up and being an R or a D so much we just won't change.
Speaker 2: And remember if you're a D.
Speaker 1: If you're a D, one of the cornerstones of your identity is that conservatism is evil. Republicans are evil, not wrong, not misguided, not where the party is policy wise right now doesn't suit me. No, they are eternally evil and so I mean it's like the most extreme example of changing your identity. You can imagine. It makes going trans look subtle.
Speaker 3: Here the political scientists answer one.
Speaker 2: More, one more thought.
Speaker 1: I liked how Freed said, Uh, they haven't become Republicans.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, let's be reasonable there.
Speaker 3: That's disgusting. So we know what states that are too blue look like we just described one m what are states that are too red? They're one party but republican is there? Is there something bad that happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they can go a little far in.
Speaker 1: Like outlawing things that are harmlessly lefty dopey, like what oh gosh, I'd have to think about it for a while. I don't know, you know, passing resolutions to end gay marriage or something like that. Even though it'll never get by constitutionally a little too fundamentalist, it's generally a subset of conservatism that is really feeling its oats and there's no there's no pushback. I you know, I if you want, I can work on it and come up with some examples for you.
Speaker 2: I should ask Rare.
Speaker 1: Though, see, the problem is there's no such thing as a right wing bubble that's as bubbly as a left wing bubble.
Speaker 2: For the reasons we've discussed many times.
Speaker 1: I should ask a lefty that like that, they should probably cite abortion rights. Nobody can get an abortion anytime, inting you know, victims of rape and says their you know, terrible health threat to the mother, that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Other than that, I wonder what it would be.
Speaker 2: They would invent stuff.
Speaker 1: And my path is all of the talk about how if Trump is re elected, gay marriage will end, gays will be hunted down in the streets, transit people et said R Yeah, hey, hey, let me know when that starts.
Speaker 2: All right, it be scary to watch.
Speaker 3: I want to watch, Hey, gab and running for president. When Farreid Zakaria dedicates that much time to what a mess your state is? That? Ain't good man? On CNN?
Speaker 2: Yeah, amen to that, well said metal guy.
Speaker 3: We gotta check in on World Cup soccer, which I actually watched some of the over the weekend. Yes, the edge of the Seats stuff USA, USA, A bunch of other stuff on the way stay here.
Speaker 1: Has starts off the bad less than seven minute ten.
Speaker 3: The Americans are here in their home country, Los Angeles Stadium, the United States four Paraguay ware such as close as you can hear from that crowd. I mean, I didn't have any idea because I'm not a soccer fan, but I didn't have any ideas There's gonna be a ton of people there cheering like crazy for the United States.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was electric. I was watching on TV. I wish I'd been there in person, but oh it was fantastic. And it was an arsewhooping too. The American boys look extremely sharp, four over Paraguay.
Speaker 3: So we play Australia Friday in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh I want to go to that. I'm not gonna, but I wanna.
Speaker 3: It's in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Thursday, the twenty fifth versus, they spelled Turkey tu with a couple of dots above it RK. Iye, I guess that's the international spelling a Turkey. That's how Turkey spells it. Yeah, well good for that. I'm not America runs the world. We spell it like we spell our Thanksgiving dinner exactly.
Speaker 1: And we certainly run America. Where are you right now reading in America?
Speaker 3: Damn it? Are you playing freaking soccer. Anyway.
Speaker 1: I send some of those MMA guys over to that whoever wrote that anyway back to you. Oh so, I'm loving this meme online. It's a meme hashtag whatever of folks from all over the world visiting the US for the first time and to sea World Cup games and traveling around, and the difference between what they thought they would find in what they actually find in America is charming and it's kind of funny. Here's one guy says, dude, lmao, this is a gas station with three weeping faces.
Speaker 2: It's a BUCkies.
Speaker 1: It's a BUCkies, the king of all rest stops.
Speaker 3: Which might think about, but I've never been to one.
Speaker 1: Hull and gas pumps for miles. It's amazing. And then inside a different guy. The European mind cannot comprehend how intoxicatingly good these things are. It's the beaver nugget nuggets at BUCkies. I don't even know what that is. Here's Freddy, just had our first waffle house experience at one am. Great food, great price, is friendly staff. Ten out of ten will be coming back. And here is a I think this guy's a brit I've just covered barbecued ribs in America Carolina style with a vinegar sauce, and frankly every other meat is ruined for me.
Speaker 2: Now that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Here's a different guy. Let's see what flag is that it might be France. We found another surreal place on our way. I know some people will say I'm too positive about everything I'm seeing, but this place was crazy.
Speaker 2: They had a shooting range in the store.
Speaker 1: And then say an exterior shot and two interior shots of a Bass Pro shop outdoor world store to each.
Speaker 3: But you never went to the United States until your soccer team was going to be there. I mean, like, I've never been to France, but if I ever go, it's not going to be because an NBA team I like is playing. I got other things I want to see in France rather than.
Speaker 2: A basketball game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Honestly, like a lot of football fans go, they think, all right, this excuse to go.
Speaker 2: My favorite team is playing in London or whatever. I'm going to check it out.
Speaker 1: But having gotten there, I wouldn't want to spend all that time at a football game, right, can go to the one hundred of those at home anyway.
Speaker 2: The final one I like is this guy again. I'm not sure what flagg. This is.
Speaker 1: First time experiencing the flyover thing Americans do before big sporting events, and I gotta say I've got chills. There's two giant bombers flying over the stadium. Spectacular. Yeah, got their bomb, America. Welcome to our land. Enjoy yourself, mind your p's and qusers are bombers for a reason, all right.
Speaker 3: Stand. Oh wow, you turned the belligerents Armstrong and Getty