Speaker 1: What's up, everybody. It's me Joey p joe Pisapia and this is Fantasy pros MLB leading off. That's, of course the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out here, just talking baseball on a fun Friday lot To get to We've got some minor league notes, a ton of them, a big injury to talk about. But first, you know, Welsh, we have an ongoing theme here on the program. You know, some say you look like John Lackey. I say you look like Rico Bronia when he played with the Arizona Diamondbacks. A lot of people think that they see you in places, and one of our fans of the show, I wanted to point this out, hit us up on the on the Twitter machine, and he said that he thought you looked like a young mac Miller there, or maybe an older mac Miller. He looks like a young.
Speaker 2: Wel a fat or older that looks like a younger wy.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, though, I never thought of that one. I don't know if you've gotten this one, but I wanted to bring this up at the top for all the Peanuts and the crack Jacks, everybody watching on demand on our YouTube channel Fantasy Words MLB and of course live on Twitch, Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy pros that this one. I don't know if you get this when you're out, but maybe what you should do is, you know, start making some reservations at some restaurants as him, see if you can get some better tables.
Speaker 2: What do you think, well, a couple things with that. Don't think I can unless we live in zombie world. I'm not sure if you're aware Mac Miller is not alive, so that.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't people don't know.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't quite work. I have not gotten mac Miller.
Speaker 1: But I will say, of all of the.
Speaker 2: Ones that I've got, I'll take it. I'll take in my large, vast chest of variants, like there is an entire MCUC the Welsh cinematic universe where I am. I'm wack Miller here, I'm definitely the skinnier. I see it. I'll take it. I'm here for it. It is not offensive, but it is now the long list. The list of my variants might be as big as my best friends. So I don't know, but yes, there is some. There's something there like I said, when I'm skinnier, you know, and heavily on drugs, that yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Well, there's still time at the end of the show. But I'm telling you, I think that there's an opportunity. But I think most people don't realize. They just know the name. They hear it and they go, oh, and then they could google a picture, although if they see I guess maybe that kind of ruins it. Oh, you know, unlived at some switches of tome zones. Yeah, now I couldn't name a Macmiller for you, but but again I knew he existed, and you kind of do have a mac Miller quality, which is which is fun. I wanted to start something that's right. Also, I wanted to start the show with something fun because we got depressing news at the top of the show. It's big news. A J. Smiths shover not good. So it was a weird confluence of events yesterday because he got hit by ball right that came back at him and everyone's like, oh, no, hope, he's okay. He was. He stayed in the game and I don't know if it was the next pitch or just the next at bat. But then you saw the moment where the elbow popped and Spencer Strider, I don't know if you saw this and saw the whole thing. Spencer Stroyder went immediately to the manager and said, you gotta get Hi out of here. You gotta ge him out of there. It pop like. Basically he knows, Spencer Schrider knows what it looks like. So A J. Smith Sharver automatically goes to the il. He's gonna go for further evaluation. It's terrible. He's been really good three at six ERA. The last start wasn't so hot though, one four to two whips, so the trend hadn't been as good recently. And I wonder if the elbow had been bothering him and he was trying to work through it. And now the Braves have a hole in their rotation, as do fantasy managers. So let's try to first of all talk about where we go from here in Redraft, and then what it's gonna look like here for a J. Smith Schaffer. They say, well, he's gonna miss a few weeks. But Welsh, I think you and I both look at this and go it feels like a Tommy John, what's something.
Speaker 2: Pops he's going to need a little bit more than just self care. Aj Smith Shaver is in trouble, especially because the number one thing I take away from all of it is on the mound, he looked at his manager and he's like, I heard something pop. That's never good. There's never a good ending to that. So yeah, I think this is a this is going to be a bad run. And I think even after the game they said this is like a significant injury, and we know what realm that goes. So yeah, he'll take some time off. It's probably gonna be for things to taper down. Then they're going to take a longer. Look, I would have a decent expectation that he's going to miss significant time if you got your IEL spots. I'm never one to be like just throw out the guy, you know for no reason. Even if we think he is going to be out for the season, we just don't have a confirmation. Go and put it out there, go and go and put him on the IEL. Wait to see. But I have a full expectation that he's going to be done. So he is going to be gonzo in redraft. And if this is as bad as we think it's going to be. It does hurt the dynasty value, the keeper value more than anything, because if you're keeping like eight or ten guys, well he might have been in the discussion, especially if it was like a cheap coster around. It's not just going to be if he's going to miss all of next year.
Speaker 1: So this is being dramatic about it. Well, look, Holmes will stick in the rotation now we know that. So who plugs in that fifth spot for then? Because I hold my breath, you know, you get run out of the Lopez hurtshaw Vor hurt within the organization? Is there somebody that you think can I mean, I don't want to see Bryce Elder again, that's for damn sure.
Speaker 2: Well you're probably going to see Bryce Elder. That'll be the one. I'll be the one called up. But the guy to take a look at, he said a little bit of rough go Hurston Waldrip was a guy that we saw last year. He kind of moved up pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Still giving up some stuff. He's cleaning up the arsenal. Is it gonna be reliever?
Speaker 2: Is he going to be a starter. I think that's someone that they could end up taking a look at. But one thousand percent they need to go and look at the trademarket. I don't know who the trade with right now, because you know, Sandy is the pilot garbage and what teams are selling and stuff like that, but they they are going to be in the market for someone one.
Speaker 1: H I just don't see. You know, you're looking at the Orioles who are out of it, the White Sox who are out of it. The Athletics are starting to you know, they're you know, just the record of the last in the month of May has just been just dreadful. Just overall, the Marlins are out of it. The Pirates are out of it. So where does that that arm come from? I don't know. I mean, Mitch Keller would be the guy I think of all those teams that like, I could just say, okay, if there's one guy that I'd want, it's Mitch Keller. But we'll keep a close eye on that and see what happens. Pitching today. It's pitching today. Also, if you're watching the show, make sure you drop your comments below. You know why, because we got a Jose Ramirez jersey. It's gonna be given away by the time we get back on Monday. This is your last chance, drop your comments, subscribe to the channel, ring the belts that goes dang Pristine Auction dot Com. That's what's given this bad boy away right here on the channel. Make an effort to go to Pristine Auction dot Com too. I told everybody amazing stuff on there for your man cave, your fan cave, your woman cave, whatever cave you got, Father's day, birthday. I don't know any day, Nixon seven, you know whatever, any day you want, go to Pristine Auction and Jozier Mirrors, Jersey can be yours. So get on there. Lee is trolling me in the chat, says a guy from New Jersey wearing Pats gear, Shane Joe. First of all, I'm not from New Jersey. I'm from New York. And when I grew up in New York, I realized a couple of things. Buffalo is very far away, and the Jests and Giants played in Jersey. So in nineteen ninety three, in my ute, I became a Patriots fan. Went through the Bill Parcells years with Willia mc ginnis and Chris Slade and Curtis Martin, had Mi drew Bledsoe Jersey into the Pete Carroll years and subsequently into the Dynasty. So I'm not a bandwagon Patriots fan either, but I appreciate Lee you trying to call me out to the table. I'm always ready. I'm always ready for you. Let's get to another thing here. Chris Sale's always ready. Outstanding performance from him. He went got eight strikeouts and six innings. Every time him and Wheeler matchup, it's an over. That's the second time this year. And I was gonna bet it yesterday just on print under, and I was like, you know what, because last time I remember specifically, I was like, Oh, I'm taking the under. There's no way this game goes over wrong, one hundred percent wrong. He got his twenty five thousand strikeout. It's actually the least amount of innings to get that mark, which I thought was pretty impressive for one mister Chris Sale. Not impressive Zach Wheeler. I don't know why. He just struggles against the Braves. Six runs and four hits, five and a third Welsh. Any takeaways from this matchup that again was all Chrisale.
Speaker 2: Sale looked phenomenal. I was actually texting with a friend of the show, Dennis Sidler, who helped provide us with some of the Chris Sales stuff. I mentioned this before, but he has a long history. Actually The Athletic wrote an article about his relationship with Chris Sale. He's an awesome guy. But we were talking about Sale and I was just like, there was nobody easier to buy in the first.
Speaker 1: Month of the season.
Speaker 2: Is visionist because it doesn't matter now, but there's just was like nobody easier to buy that he was going to fix it. And he looked lights out yesterday. He was, you know, he was giving all the lefties out. Schwarber was having fits with him, and he just kind of regained it and you know, not taking any like you know, like self preservation of like what he did for himself, but giving the credit to the pitching coaches and some of the other pitchers helping him. And he's still got a couple more years into it in this like Hall of Fame looking career. But I thought he looked phenomenal. But both of these guys look good early on, because I watched this game through like the first four or so, and then it opened up and it was that one beginning foreign runs, Ozzie hitting that big homer through the first three. These guys both looked like this was going to be a one nothing game. So I don't know what the takeaway is outside of like, Chris Sale has vaulted bout go. Actually, let me ask you, Chris Sailor Jacob the Groom rest of season Chris Sale.
Speaker 1: That's that's easy. I got no chill on that one, Welsh, how about you? Yeah, No, I'm Chris, I'm Chrisselle as well. Yeah, I mean that's it's a pretty easy one right there. Breaking news too. Taylor Simpson just got sent down and I had to go run to verify. Not that I don't trust the Penis and the Crackerjacks, but they reinstated Jake Mangham an option Taylor Simpson. This is this is a fantasy tragedy. He had three steals yesterday.
Speaker 2: About ninety seconds ago. If you rewind, you'll see my face react.
Speaker 1: I probably got a little bit that one was like, and I was like, that can't be true, right.
Speaker 2: But I didn't want to jump over you, and since I knew we had a ray coming up, I was going.
Speaker 1: To wait to do it. It's too big.
Speaker 2: I am shocked that they did this. One hundred percent manipulation has to be based on service time of you know what, excuse me, what amount of time he would be in the majors. They have to be sending him down. So he goes under that number because there is no reason. He has been lights out, the averages up, He's stealing bases, he makes tons of contact. It makes this isn't Jordan Walker from that year, Remember he two seventy and they sent him down. This makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Out of pure manipulation.
Speaker 2: This is this one actually shocks me. I couldn't believe when I saw it. I was like, this doesn't look real.
Speaker 1: I it's wow. I mean I feel manipulated with just as a as a fantasy person. So and it's funny because our fantasy bros. League. I just picked him up, and I was like, you know what, I need some more stolen bases here. I'm gonna pick up Simpson. You know, I just can't ignore it anymore. I can. I can handle him in that lineup I have, and then he gets sent out. Today it's raise raised with Simpsons. Do God anyway? At least another Ray's been good. Junior Camerarow three for five with a homer, career high six Ribbies. He's been hot. We've been talking about it. So remember he's only twenty one years old. I think people forget that sometimes about Junior Camonaro. He's still just a boy. Sure the slash is still not great, but this is what we want. We want him to get red hot and hopefully this continues. Mackenzie Gore, I bet the under on the seven and a half and of course he went eight strikeouts, so good for him. He's the first guy to reach one hundred strikeouts. Do you other nationals have been the first in a season to reach one hundred strikeouts? Welsh, peanuts and cracker Jacks. Would you like to guess whom that might.
Speaker 2: Be that said, well, I'm sorry, what was it that they reached?
Speaker 1: There's one two nationals who have been the first in the season to reach one hundred strikeouts? Okay, Strasburg has got the one that is one and then sure that is correct. Gosh, you're so smart and handsome, so good. Oh you're so you're handsome, You're smart. You've got it all, You've got it all. Good enough, I'm smart enough, you know, gotsh People like you, they do, they like you Welsh? All right, let's continue. I'm trying to drop Chandler since oh wait, hold on, go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, hold on on, McKinsey Gore.
Speaker 1: I wanted to stop here. McKinsey gore is so.
Speaker 2: Tough from evaluation tough, but I think, sorry, you got me. He I think he tests the limits of like do I sell super high on him versus wanting to, you know, keep going.
Speaker 1: I think you want to keep going on.
Speaker 2: I think McKenzie gore is pushing that line as obviously he's performed at the level of like a top ten sp this year. But you look, he's lowered his walks this year while raising the strikeouts thirty six percent k percentage, seven percent walk rate. It's a sub three and a half ERA, which is phenomenal. And it's been that secondary stuff man his curveball and slider forty six and forty nine percent withff rate. As a matter of fact, I've mentioned this before, it's still holding those five pitches. Four of those five pitches have a forty six or higher percent withff rate. And his fastball has been pretty money as well, even though it's got a three eight hundred batting average against. I think mackenzi Gore has solidified himself as a no doubt top fifteen sp the rest of the year, and I think there's some tough decisions out there. I'll give you one right now. I think mckenzi Gore for with George Kirby rest of the year, and I don't know how that feels with him healthy, that's okay. I mean he got banged up a little bit. But like you think about the value, I think there's some other big ones. How about Framber Valdez or mckenzigre.
Speaker 1: And head to here because I want those big strikeout totals in a weekly basis, but Framber in a I think Framer gives you more wins and rodeo in the season long. And Framer's just so solid, like he's just such an underpet. You know. That's like my soft spot is Framer Valdez. You know that I love Framburke. You know, if I was having a rotation and he was, if we were doing like some MLB the show startup, I'd want Framber Valdez in the draft in my rotation. I just want that guy, like he's just a good pitcher. But it's I get it. I mean, in certain formats, especially with strikeouts matter more, or strikeouts are two points or something. I want Gore, that's for sure. Shout out to a ax double who re subbed with prime. Remember when you go sub here on the channel, you get rid of all those nasty ads and you go right to write to us, more of us. That's what you need. Ernie Clement, how about a day for him? I'm bout day for the Blue Jays. Can we just talk about that for a second. Three for five with a homer for Clement, a double five ribies, Bobashet hit a homer in double vlad hit his eighth homer in the season. Jose had nine strikeouts. The athletics are struggle bus and a good night for the Blue Jays, Welsh, very good night for the Blue very good night for well.
Speaker 2: With the Vladimir Guerrero homer, beating up on Lopez and beating up on the Ages.
Speaker 1: We both got home.
Speaker 2: And I did that was nice, super annoying. By the way, you hadn't had a homer in forever. I had really wasn't kidding any and it was like, let me get a little bit more of a lead. But you and I are still a little bit hard Away definitely annoyed that of all the day.
Speaker 1: Home together forever. It's been a week. I was a little cold. I'm back, I'm back. Let's go Ozzi Alby's he was cold, but he's starting to heat up too. Don't look now. We talked about just sometimes just by low on a player on principal. Ozzie Alby is one of those guys. He homer walked, drove in three runs yesterday, so good for him and Mike Trout apparently is going to return today. Welsh, how are your feelings about that? My feelings are no rehabit. It's a great day. Branda Woodriff needs five thousand up starts. Mike Trout needs zero at bats to get ready. Right, Yeah, well, I mean what you I guess Trout missed a lot. He's been He's in a month, hasn't he Am I crazy?
Speaker 2: Or it's a completely different world. He's play a different world for pitchers and stuff like that. But Trout, like all we heard with Trout was like, hey, ran around the field, he played catch.
Speaker 1: Now he's in a game. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe those are the things that keep getting him hurt. Maybe he should kind of play through and get things going. But I'm not complaining. I'm very glad that he's back. I want to go back just one step really quick. Do you are you like a massive buyer right now in Azy Abbey's because let's say he's kind of like even back out a tiny bit now we're not on the super low average is coming back up two forty one, six homers, five stolen bases, Acuna's back in the lineup. Do you want to get out and buy on Albi's that he's going to be a top let's say, four second basement rest of season? Are you still worried about all the things that got us here that had been kind of tapered down for him?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can still low on him after the last two Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's kind of medium. It's like you can't buy some because.
Speaker 1: Hundred multiple times. And maybe I don't know, maybe he's just better when we're on the Cooni's around. Maybe that's his buddy, and maybe mentally it takes pressure. I don't know what it is, but all I can tell you is, you know, a Coonia wasn't around last year and Alb's slumped and a Coonie has gotten back and Alby's picked it up again. I don't know. I don't think there's a there's no rhyme or reason for that. But he's done too much good in his career for me to write it off. I'll buy medium on Ossie Albi's I'm not buying a price though, still on principle because there was enough bad last year and enough bad this first month and a half of the season. But the last couple of weeks are encouraging. But again, this is why you watch the shows, is why you subscribe to the channel, so you don't have to have these kind of problems. Problems also for the Dodgers Bullpen lately with Tenor Scott's struggling. Interesting transaction they acquired Alexis ds from the reds now Das once upon a time was a closer for the last couple of years. Do you think is any possibility in deeper leagues where Alexis Daz somebody you kind of and see if they can get right and maybe starts to work into that closer role for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Oh, possibilities out there, for sure, But I think he's got a little ways to go. His fastball completely tanked. Inosara's put out a tweet you can see and just a rolling chart of just how bad it had kind.
Speaker 1: Of tanked down.
Speaker 2: I think what they did was they provided themselves with depth, but not a for sure guy, you know, just a hunch put in there Copeck, a dark horse or the closer. I completely agree with that, because he's out there playing right now that you're gonna have, let's say in.
Speaker 1: Two or three weeks.
Speaker 2: In theory, you could have Kopek, you could have Alexi's Dias, and you could have Tanner Scott in there. And I think they're going to try some other stuff out. They've got to rework Alexis Diaz to get that fastball back, and he has got closer stuff. It just might not be in enough time that a guy like Michael Kopek could take it over or Tanner Scott gets right.
Speaker 1: Tanner Scott has.
Speaker 2: Had this little clump of these bad blow ups that I'm not one hundred percent sure will take him out. But I do think when Copek is active, they might play around with like a Leveragy situation. If there's more lefties, maybe Tanner Scott comes in the eighth and then Kopek can get a save. I'm personally not running to the wire to go pick up Alex's DS right now thinking I'm getting saves next week, because even if he were to be up in the Mangers, I don't think he's gonna be thrust into that role quite yet, and frankly, he might not at all this season. This is a later year type of thing. If it happens, great speculation. Why the hell would any other team not speculate on a guy who's been a former closer unless you can't go and rework. So I mean, if you got to just fix that fastball, every organization should have guys that can rework this. Why do the Dodgers get to make that?
Speaker 1: Why they can't keep gonna go away with this? But you know what, it's Jesse Pinkman. Look, I think this is the perfect Tanner Scott by though, because those people are panicking they see the DS signing like this really is the weekend to go by on Tanner Scott because I still think it's hard to imagine what they're paying him. That he loses that role like he it would have to be bad for a long period of time. Also, bad news and something we were concerned with. Jordan Lawler optioned back down to Triple A, so I thought this would be the big guy option that we would be you know, pulling our hair out about metaphorically speaking of course. But when you're looking at Lawler, he just wasn't playing, And I think that's that was the odd part. When they called him up, we all said, well, where's he gonna play? Well, we have a plan. We're gonna play in four days. Yeah, sure you are, buddy. I mean, this is a hot mess here, I mean very frustrating here for Lawler. Lawler should be a chip that some team goes out there and tries to pry away and give the Diamondbacks something because I just don't know what else to create him.
Speaker 2: It would be it would be a great point if the Diamondbacks were like a really good team.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: They're going to be more likely to go sell off pieces that are going to be coming off the book soon. Zach Allen Ihanio Swarez.
Speaker 1: I don't think a half the ra well.
Speaker 2: I mean, if if he bounces back, good point, who wants Sandy OCNCA they might not be able to. But the Diamondbacks are not good enough where you're gonna sell an. I mean, I guess to your point, if there was a trade out there and was that piece, maybe they think they can just bounce.
Speaker 1: Back past Really tough to tell Wildcard Walsh.
Speaker 2: I think they are going to in a couple of weeks be closer to sellers than they are going to be buyers. But I just don't know your point's valid on Lawler, Like what are you doing with him? I feel bad because it's like we talk about the insanity he was in Triple A. He was one of the best minor leaguers there. But then as soon as he was coming up, I even came on here to say, like, we are going to hold stuff back a little bit because I think there could be value, but we have to temper our expectations. And then Tory Lavella just lied to our faces. Uh, they did not give him the playing time he also there's there's an article that was written about this that there was some clear breaking breaking ball struggles against righty's that he had in Triple A that got completely exploited at the major leagues, where all he did was strikeout, had no hits offensively look like a mess and it's we're like three years into this thing with him, so it is messy, it's dirty. I don't know what the trade would look like, and I think the Diamondbacks are in a weird spot. But as I was asked about a week ago, someone was like, Hey, how much longer a re lease should I hold on Lawler? You shouldn't because he wasn't getting the playing time and he's been optioned again for in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of Vargas Vargas whatever. The first thing, you know, like, it's it's ridiculous where he's at right now. So that's like that nick over the other guy past the password. Here's a question from keV. Mo was offered six dollars camon arow five dollars YEARI Perez for my twenty three dollars, Reagans an eight dollars Shaw and a keeper points league do you trust? Do you just do the Camanaro for Reagans or Shaw for Perez individually too? I feel like I answered this question once before already, so keVs keV really wants this. Maybe it was on the Twitter machine, So Welsh, what's your take on this one?
Speaker 2: I think like Reagan's is a little bit more of like a win Ish now piece. But I mean I want I want the in a vacuum.
Speaker 1: I kind of want.
Speaker 2: Camanaro Perez if you're rebuilding at all, absolute no brainer. But you can Reagan's for Camonaro. That's a total keeper piece trade. I'd rather have Uri over Matt Shaw, So yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that some on the Camanaro side too. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Let's get to the rookie. Lookie here Angels prospect who Welsh was just mentioning the earlier this week. Christian Moore two for five, two Ribby's runs scored on Triple A yesterday at Salt Lake City. He's now thirteen for thirty one, four nineteen batting average in his last eight games and Triple A's got a homer in ten. RBIs with three stolen bases. So if you need some help in second base world in some of your deeper leagues, more might be a stash right now, Welsh.
Speaker 2: I completely agree. I think he will be up in the nearest future. I think they also let go of Tim Anderson because you brought in Chris Taylor into the fold. But you know, Christian Moore, he's kind of figured it out. Double A was this weird thing. It's also not a thing that the Angels do a lot. They usually don't send guys to Triple A, and they've let him figure things out. I think they're finally doing the right thing where they're gonna really want him to be prepared. I would expect him in the next month or so, he's going to be a guy that we're going to see. And you know, if this as this team kind of falls apart a little bit, probably gonna move on to some pieces, does it you know, do you really need you on Mankata?
Speaker 1: Did you need Tim Anderson?
Speaker 2: Get those guys, push those guys to the side, and like guys like Christian morgana.
Speaker 1: It is funny gold Monkey. I was watching Catching On with Jeopardy and last night Justin Nixon Garcia was a clue on Monday, and I knew the answer from watching this show. There you go, there you go. See we're making people smarter here or leading off this. This is what we do. Now. You're not gonna see Cole Young probably anytime soon for the Mariners at least it I'll think so. But just want to say he was five for six with two runs. Well, he's blocked another guy. Crawford's there. Why you think they'll move on from Crawford.
Speaker 2: I don't, no, I don't, well no, but Crawford is their shortstopko stop. Definitely, no, definitely more prone to be a second basement. You know, this is funny that this one is brought up because I've had had him on this like long list of redraft prospects but hadn't done anything with it. He is murder balling everything in Triple A, and there had been some rumors that had floated around about him coming up to the majors. I actually think, like next week we're gonna have to have a talk about him on prospecting with the Welsh because I think we're getting close. I really do think we're getting close. And I think second, he played second base in the AFL. He moved over there, he got hurt a little bit. He's played a ton of second base because they also have Colt Emerson who's on that team, who is a I don't want to say world class, but a higher class defensive shortstop. So Cole Young can definitely move over and be a second basement and you got Polanco over at third.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's And he's done nothing for you know a while. Have that right? Well, they had Ryan Bliss second base before you hurt. I cant always hurt too. But I like the teas for prospecting with the Welsh Christian Moore Cole Young, We've got some new names. I don't want to talk about Bubba Chandler anymore. One day, if I show up and Bubba Chandler is in that sheet for any other reason besides he got called up, we're gonna have words. Also, speaking of the Pirates, Thomas Harrington nine runs.
Speaker 2: You and Cody and Anaheim both don't want to walk.
Speaker 1: Thomas Harrington nine runs, nine hits and three to two thirds. Not a good outing for him. Brady House of the Nationals though, two hits, homer, two walks in triple A, David Festa five scols in triple A by the way, House just putting his out there. Nine for twenty one with two homers, two doubles his last five games, so he's really heating up. He does strike out a little bit, but a guy to keep an eye on. Blade Tidwell of the Mets system eleven strikeouts in five and two thirds for Triple A Syracuse. Also for the Mets, running Mauricio Homer again, reach base three more times and now he's hitting five sixty wash with three homers in seven games. Mauricio is definitely pushing for some kind of opportunities sooner than later, so he might be another Stash Kumar Rocker four innings for him, struck out five and Triple A he's gonna be back soon. And then our friend Jack Caglione, who brings us two today's Microsoft Chasing Challengers segment. That's right because just like the athletes to push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities. And Microsoft meets you are you are, meets you all where y'all are, with tools and guidance to help make you secure AOS solutions, whatever challenges you're facing. Microsoft empowers you to the expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment today we're gonna spotlight the challenges faced by the Royals keeping Jack kagleon down for another day, just another day, three for four yesterday for Jack kagleone, it just never stops, he never stops hitting, and he had a double yesterday in the game. He is just absolutely raked in triple A. And what are you doing right now if you're the Royals, Like, what do you have to lose? I understand the control. I understand, like we've got to wait till June. But the minute the clock strikes midnight on Super two, you must, Kansas City Royals. Give this guy a chance. I don't care if he strikes out. You need to give him an opportunity. You are twenty seventh in run scored. The only team worse than you offensively are the Rangers, Pirates and Rockies. Come on, and you're a team that was in the playoffs last year. Do not wait. As soon as you could get past whatever bs Super too deadline. It is for Jack keg Leon and I get it. Royals, you're the Royals and you're gonna Royal. Give this guy an opportunity. I want to see jackcag leone in the major leagues. I don't care if it's rough, I don't care if he strikes out. He is hitting a ton and he's hitting a ton of homers. So bring him up. Don't wait, don't be cheap, give us what we want. Thank you very much, and remember Chasing Challengers segment is brought to you by Microsoft's AI solutions and empower you to take both steps and have new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com slash challengers to learn more Welsh Am I wrong or am I right? About this Caglione thing? Like, come on, he's got nothing to learn? Like, am I not wrong? Or am I right? Yeah? I mean Jack Kegley oone should be up.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a report out from some of the like royal blogs that are kind of connected and stuff that we might be in a two week window of cats. Anything can happen, of course, but he's working with some of the you know, some of the hiring coaches the outfield.
Speaker 1: He's been in the icefield. One of my favorite players. I didn't want to say actually autograph of this player. I had a sures of this player because it was a player that was beloved by me and a good friend of mine in high school. It was an ongoing bit. It was Rusty Kuntz. I wonder why he was Rusty Kuntz who played for the Royals and he played for the White Sauce Rusty k Rusty Kuntz ku t z Koontz. There's no n in there. Oh No, there isn't it? Yeah, Rusty Rusty. No, but keeps saying that's his name. It's name. It's not Coon's, it's it's not it's not an Oh, there's no double O in there. It's a you. It's okay, we're not gonna get canceled for this. I was trying to avoid. I was, and I forgot, and you saved me from forgetting. So now I'm really excited because that's a pros pro. He's out there, and you know what, if you can't learn something new from Rusty Kuntz, then you're lost. And Jack hag Leon's learning from one of the best. He's been there forever. He's been around forever. You know, he's played on lots of teams. He's been around. Let me tell you, Rusty has been around the major leagues for many years. That's all I have to say. You got you got me. That's his name, just like that the guy's name we can't pronounce. It's just his name who Dick fits well. More on him maybe later in the show. Fun Fact kent to my Aida, kent to my Aida. Gave him nine runs yesterday. He just got three outs in his start at triple Ah poor kentamayta As three up and three down. Luis Garcia four hits, drove in two runs. Nice to see him have a good day. Austin Riley two for three, a double and a homer, two walks and four rebis and Chandler Simpson, who was in the ups, got sent down. This is terrible. Three stolen bases yesterday, one for four with a walk, a run scored, I mean three steals. Ugh the downs. Ryan Gusto struggled, obviously not a good night for him. Jordan Romano walked three guys, but he didn't give up a run. Somehow came away with the save of Romano was not the answer, A Phillies right back to square one. And you know the interesting thing, Welsh and I was just looking at this when we were talking about the standings of teams. When you check out, you know, on you look at the standings page, you could see how teams have done against teams that are over five hundred. You know what I'm talking about. The Phillies are just thirteen and twelve, where the Mets are eighteen and ten against teams over five hundred. I think that matters, and I think that's a really interesting stat that when push comes to shove here for the phil I still believe in the Phillies pitching is gonna be good enough to win over that division. But I'm still terrified that that bullpen's not going to be enough, and they got to make a move and I just don't know where it's coming from. H and Jacob Lopez and need to make a move in the rotation. But yeah, well, I mean, what are you gonna do where the closure coming from? Like you gonna make Ranger Suarez or closer? I don't think so, Oh, you're talking about the Phillies.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, think you're talking about the Yeah, you need more.
Speaker 1: Because Alvarado is not coming back for the playoffs, you know, he is ineligible.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things that can happen is what they're gonna do with Andrew Painter. Another prospect you want to talk about. Andrew Painter has been lights out. He's in triple A. He's getting up to seventy pitches. Would they possibly kind of diminish that to be maybe in like a bullpen roll to you know, like the old Chris Sale, like have him in relief for a year. I actually think that's a possibility. He's throwing a lot of cutters fastballs. You know, he can up his velo or do you put him in the rotation and then do you throw somebody? I mean, ranger doesn't really make sense. I'm really not sure what you do. But you could kind of move that through, but I don't know. Andrew Painter's gonna make it kind of We see.
Speaker 1: The discussion about our beloved Rusty got We didn't but the chat got flagged Intwitch for commenting about did they really It's Friday? Everybody lighting up? It's fun. Jacob Lopez he sucked spelled to the k. By the way, Hey, that's how you say it's not a c your animals. Jacob Lopez seven runs, six hits and an inning and two thirds. He's been terrible. The athletics pitching's been terrible. What more can I say? I thought the A's were gonna be fun. Uh, they started off fun and now they've just absolutely fell apart. But maybe some good news as JJ Blede went four or five with a double stolen base. He's falling around. You might want to pick him up if you need some outfield help. Because Austin Hayes went on the IL ten days for him with a left foot contusion. Logan Gilbert won running one and two thirds innings and triple A and Colton Kowser, rehabbing from a broken thumb, had three doubles in four at bats. So JJ blday, I want to go back to him for a second Welsh because was it Denzel Clark? Is that who was the guy they brought up there? Right? He has like forty eight strikeouts and forty eight at bats I think or something. Sodastrom's completely stopped hitting. I've seen a lot of Sodastrom stuff in the chat. You're welcome everybody, for those of you who traded him at the in the first of May. But the Athletics are in a bad spot right now. You know, Butler's come around, but all of a sudden, Kurt's got hurt, Sodastrom stopped hitting. The pitching's just been terrible, and I don't know if there's a way out of this for the Athletics, do you.
Speaker 2: Well, They've got a lot of guys in the miners. I mean, Bliday was if you're alluding to the JJ Bleday is going to be up soon. He was just sent down because he was part of the problem. He could definitely come back up. But they've also got this guy, Henry Bolt, fantastic baseball name, really good player, power, speed, combination, Colby Thomas, players that I thought would actually be up before Clark and probably will be up soon in place of Denzel Clark because as you mentioned, he has a seventy eight percent K percentage.
Speaker 1: That's tough to do.
Speaker 2: It's a short sample size, but it's hard to strike out almost eighty percent of the time. Henry Colby Thomas, I think the asier MESSI they're kind of reckon shop here changing the whole thing out. But JJ blu Day was part of the problem, so I'm not one hundred percent sure he's going to be the first to go to So I actually think it should be Colby Thomas, and he's a.
Speaker 1: Big power bat.
Speaker 2: We'll see, but I think over the next month, if these things keep falling apart. They're going to just start designating and guys like miguelan you Are or JJ Bladay. I think those are the ones that could get optioned in place of this plethora of outfield prospects at Triple A that they have.
Speaker 1: Walkie Penguins says. Baseball Reference says, his name is pronounced Klutz, Sure it is, yeah, how I was saying. How I was saying to remember Phil Rizzuto and many other announcers in the eighties and the early eighties of my youth, when he was playing, They did not pronounce it that way. Nobody did. They just accepted it and they moved on and that was it. One of my favorite things, too, is listening. I remember as a kid trying to listen to Ralph Kiner pronounce any anyone's name that was not American. The funniest thing ever, like because he was because he was usually drunk somewhere around the fourth or fifth inning of most games, and hilarious. I remember there was a catcher in the Cubs named Hector Villanueva. This is a true story. I have ever told this story to you. Welsh. The Hector Villaneev's all right, this is a great story, and then we'll move on. So there was a big hefty catcher, right big you a big guy, uh and his name was Hector Villan Oeva and Ralph Kiner. The first time he got he goes, I'll bring to the plate Villain o'wavy. He's a yeah, fresh up from Triple A. Blah blah blah. He just didn't quite get it. Second time up, it's a true story. I'll bring up the Cubs catcher Hector well Vellan von uh oh for one on the day. The third time he came up, he goes, and I'll bring up the hefty catcher from the Cubs. Here's a big boy. He's a big boy. Should we bring back drunk analysts? Should that be?
Speaker 2: Like who is the last? Like true drunk in the booth? I think it's Mark Grace. But I think it's Mark Grace.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm all for that It makes the Harry Doyle school of broadcasting. I want open for business. I want to I want to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Harry Carey was like the epitome of it. But like Mark Grace is the last? Like getting lit during the game announcer that I can remember.
Speaker 1: It's all very straight lace it is. There's very little room for error. And everyone's name is Koontz, even though it's not spelled that way. All right, all right, let's get to our best bets of Friday with Joey p in the Welsh David Peterson David Peenison dammit over six strikeouts plus one oh eight today against two the Colorado Rockies. Why because they're the worst. They can't hit anywhere anytime, any plays. They're terrible. And Peterson's been pretty solid. They strike out a ton and Pearson's been really solid. You're getting plus money. I'm gonna take it today. You can pair that with the Mets on the money line as well if you want to increase that. But I got another bet for you with the other team from across town that's traveling across the country, and that's the Yankees on the run line tonight with Max Freed against the Dodgers. That's right on the run line. I said it minus one and a half at plus one twenty for the Yankees to beat the Dodgers in their own building. And Aaron Judge with an RBI minus one oh five. You put those two things together for a little same game parlay you get plus two thirteen. Those are my bets for fun Friday. How about you, Welsh, what do you have? Let's go plus money.
Speaker 2: San Diego run line minus one and a half. We got Nick Povetta going Mitch Keller, but the Pirates stinky San Diego run line minus one and half.
Speaker 1: Really like that one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go with Marl Kelly over four and a half strikeouts. The pretty essentially the number two pitcher for the Diamondbacks is they've only got two right now. It's Corbyn burns him and then everything else is LA four and a half strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Minus one twenty.
Speaker 2: Nationals can get a little bit tougher, but bottom of that lineup, I think it's gonna be a little bit more susceptible. And Merrel's been going deeper into games, and then I like an alt line play Max Free. Max Freed at six strikeouts is plus one thirty five today going up against obviously a Dodger team where if he's getting touched up, that's the problem, but the Dodgers are gonna strike out. They are going to strike out. Max Freed has been one of the best pitchers in Baseball so far this year. I love an alt line at dis plus money, so San Diego and the Freed one really jumped out as far as just the plus money odds you are going to get back Kelly little bit maybe riskier, but like I said, him going deeper into games really plays well here. So a couple k props San Diego run line.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's do it, and don't remember. Oh, don't remember. No, don't forget to remember it's Friday. I mean, this is where we are right now. Don't forget. Make sure you remember fanacypros dot com slash leading off on FanDuel. New customers place their first bet five dollars, you get two hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you win. Make sure you go do that today. Fanacypros dot Com slash leading Off end. Make sure you're using the tools like the prop bet cheat sheet. If you're looking to bet props this weekend, well, the prop bet cheat sheet for MLB shows you the best value plays every day. You could sort them by whatever prop you're looking board, strikeout, hits, home runs, you name it, We've got it and you can use it now. Bettingpros dot com slash MLB props or on the Betting pros app and if you download the Betting pros app you get seven three days of premium win use the promo code leading off. All right, Welsh, let's look at the home run board and see where we're at. You got another one yesterday. Look at you back up to seventeen nineteen Ao. I believe I should be at thirteen now, so I want to say thirteen. We can get the official official number there on the count all on at fourteen. I'm selling myself ere every time you're you're right there, man.
Speaker 2: If I hadn't got that homer yesterday, I would just be gripping for life on you.
Speaker 1: You would be only you'd be nineteen over cookie chubs. Right now, Georgie is still at the top, far out right behind number two, twenty five and twenty three homers, respectively, So I am two homers away from that board. Coming for you board. Let's go. Sammy Sosa Jersey on the line autographed by Sammy Sosa, not Sammy Sousa. Just want to point out it's an O sound, because there's an O in there now. I took speech in college as part of my conservatory acting program. I understand the difference between a dipthong and a liquid u and all those kinds of things. And I'm just telling you sosa ssa, that's how it's pronounced with the oen there. So let's an argument. Was there an argument? I think wondering about my pronunciation skills today, I think they're questioning I think they should be questioning you. Oh it doesn't feel great, Joe. I think I think they just don't like the way it sounds. And that's unfortunate, because you know, life is life sometimes, you know, pieces of pieces. Yeah, not so great. Don't remember that? Is it? Well? She is? Don't remember. Make sure you forget. That's a brunoism. There you go? All right, Well, why don't you go first today? So you got a little pressure on you now, because I'm putting on some pressure I do. I mean, I get to that home run board before I left, and I'm getting real close, real close. Oh are you leaving soon? Where last day? I go right to football full time?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's getting closer to that, you know. Actually I was stimpy to go with your guy here. I'm gonna go to Fernando tatish kind of picking on the pirates here. This is an imp perpetuity unless I do end up making a change. I found the slate kind of a little bit difficult today, even though you know there's a couple of pictures you could absolutely pick on trying to go with just like a big bat going into the weekend. So Fernando Tatis, I even kind of considered many machado. But I think we're gonna get a nice weekend of mister Tatis Junior.
Speaker 1: And that's my play, all right. Wonkey said, when is the last time you both hit a home on the same day. I think it happened once earlier this year. Oh, I think that happens more often than I think, But no, but only one so far this year. This is definitely like only the second time.
Speaker 2: When's the last time we both been on the board in let's say May first, last year.
Speaker 1: Last year, last year. I don't because you got that. I remember I was read hot to start the year. I was like top five for a while, and then I got stone cold, and then you started climbing up. There was a I want to say June, like June and June early July.
Speaker 2: I would almost argue I'm not sure if my recollection is we've never been on the board may first and be on together, because you're right, I was ice cold last year and you were red hot, and then we went in different directions. But I don't know if it crossed on the board at all. Someone could tell me differently, but I'm not sure if we've been on the board together four times.
Speaker 1: Says we chose the same guy and hit on the same Yeah, yes, it was the same player. I don't remember who it was. Was it Trout or something stupid like that. It feels like Fernando Tatis.
Speaker 2: Or But you're getting different players.
Speaker 1: Is that's nice? All right? So you're with Tetus, I'm with Pee Alonzo this weekend against the the Colorado Rockies. Yeah, I think I think Polar Bear is gonna get me at least one, maybe two, maybe two tonight, who knows. We'll see how it goes. So that's gonna be a fun time. So we went long today because it's a fun Friday, and there's a lot to talk about, big injuries, obviously, pronunciation of names, a lot of prospect stuff. So hit that waiver wire hard this weekend and figure it out. Oh, it was Aaron Judge last week. There you go, so we both got a judge Homer see see fun things happening. There you go. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Prose MLBHM