Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is meeting off live, bought to you by three six five. That's right, that's right. We're love in a three six five. Oh viha. I don't think that's an area code, but it should be. We're talking about our sponsor bet three six five bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you used that promo code leading off, It's me Joey P. It's the Welsh, it's you. It's Friday. It's a fun Friday. The Peanuts and the Crackerjacks are here. In fact, they're here in such force that they're dropping messages and they can't even be here to listen live because they're gonna listen back. So I want to start things off here with a question to take a lot of questions today, heading into a busy weekend and coming in red hot. Here with a great question from Lee Gi. I can't be there live today because somehow I guess he's got a job or a life. How dare you?
Speaker 2: Lee?
Speaker 1: How dare you? Serious? Question from your favorite cracker Jack? Here we go, would you start Hunter Brown? Next week? Two starts versus Atlanta and at Washington. My bench options are fought, and so I'm going with fought. I would probably even go Seve Reino against Pittsburgh. I am not starting Hunter Brown. He has been dreadful. Your thoughts, Welsh on sitting Hunter Brown.
Speaker 2: In a two start week, No, sir, not doing it. Not against Atlanta. Atlanta alone takes me off of it. You could maybe pick on Washington, but Washington hasn't been striking out. They've been getting on Bass. CJ. Abrams is kind of on another level. Washington's not the gimme. Atlanta is a huge No. Brandon Fought's the name here. Don't love the matchup, which Chicago's another one of They don't strike out a bunch, they walk and everything like that. Fought still a little home run heavy, though I'm going to be playing him today. Fought against Chicago way over Hunter Brown. There's no chance I trust Hunter Brown right now, and not within Atlanta matchup.
Speaker 1: Hunter Brown right now seven innings pitched over his two starts so far this year.
Speaker 2: Seventy three hits. Yeah, there's a big old pregnant pause there. I was like, where are we going? Where are we going?
Speaker 1: It was for effect, and I think it had the effect three excuse me, that's even more embarrassing. Three starts, seven to two thirds innings, twenty three hits. No, no, boy, no, he's giving at fourteen earned runs. The whip is at three nine to one. The whip looks like an ERA number, and the ERA number looks like, uh, you know, when I get on a scale after the buffet, it's it's crazy, it's no good. You can't you gotta wait and see what happened.
Speaker 2: His start was so abysmal. It's definitely one you just throw. You can definitely throw it in the trash. I think he's a better pitcher. But the things that stand out here he had forty pitches because he couldn't get through the game one whiff on eighteen swings. But with the swings, though, was the contact. His fastball thirty eight percent in the zone, so he could not hit the fastball anywhere. And then guess what knuckle curve, curve he throws, splitter and slider all seventy five percent or higher in the zone. I would say, you don't want to throw a splitter in the zone that much. Also your curve, so these dudes were not having to swing at a fastball because it couldn't go anywhere, and then I could just lift off versus secondaries. So let's wait to see the ship get righted, especially if you're gonna commit to two. But I don't like me any Hunter Brown right now. Also the Astros, they've been kind of crappy.
Speaker 1: Especially against the Braves too. Especially against the Braves. All right, you know something we do like Jared Jones eight more strikeouts, gave up three runs and six and a third. I don't know where the ceiling is here with Jared Jones, but my god, Welsh, it has been spectacular to start the year for him. He is one of the better stories right now. If you look at him, the era sits at four. He's got eighteen innings, fifteen hits given up, but twenty five strikeouts in just two walks. That whip is at point ninety four. Batting average against at two seventeen. Jared Jones has been one of the I mean, let's just say it, He's probably been the best pitching value on the board so far in twenty twenty four. Would you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's up there. I feel like there's like one or two others, but he's at the tippy top, So who is the magger than him? Yeah? No, no, I mean semantics like I don't eat Garrett Crochet would probably be one of those. But Jared Jones has been awesome. Hey listen, I might have to up my hand up after that first start in my trade video, I was like, hey, listen, you need to over now or the next start, or to maybe consider trading a guy like Jared Jones at the tippy top. For the people that are like he's a top twenty five sp understanding like, hey, things go right, But I gotta tell you, he has looked incredible. You know that. But it's also been some of the matchups. So in this one, this is like the I think it's like the third straight start he's had where when he pitches he has had the highest whift rate of the day. But you also are seeing some of the maturity. The things that have worried me is like if he's gonna be a primary fastball slider guy throwing a little bit of curve and change, Like, we're gonna have to see if that's gonna work well. In this last start he ended up throwing more sliders than fastballs. Is forty five to forty four percent thrown. He had a fifty percent with rate, twenty two swings on that slider. And we're also talking about a big, powerful fastball, And this is what I've worried about. That fastball is awesome and he loves to pound it like up in the zone. What's gonna happen when guys are on the fastball a little bit and they stopped swinging at it. Well, this is when it was. He had seventeen swings on the fastball, only two whiffs, so the fastball didn't get anything done, but he just ate up the phillies with the slider. So you actually said it really best. I don't know where the ceiling is, Heart of hearts. I still feel like this is a guy that if someone's willing to absolutely unload at this point, if you were to send to Jared Jones for George Kirby, that person might not freak out. I don't know, so maybe I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Think someone would free. I think that is a stunning revelation of a trade right there, Like you just threw that out there like it was nothing, But that is one where you've invested a what second third ish round pick on George Kirby. Are you willing to get out now? Are you terrified enough to take the hot three starts of Jared Jones? I mean that is huge. I was gonna say again, I'm looking at the veterans like the returning Verlander. Would you rather have returning Verlander the rest of season, because goodness knows the Astros need him in that rotation, Or would you rather have Jared Jones, the younger guy who you don't know what's ahead of him the rest of the season. It's a really tough dilemma.
Speaker 2: I think I might on that specific one. I might lean on Jared Jones. I'm completely open to the possibility that Jared Jones, Jared Jones maintains this relative level. Listen, here's one thing, though, I do think, like as awesome as that fastball is, he can get hit kind of hard and he can't get banged around. If you watch this game, he gave up a couple first inning singles, was able to get out of it. Kyle Schwarber bang hard and stuff like that. So he's still, though, maintaining this is slider fastball changes. I think people can kind of get to him. But the difference is is like, do I think he can be better than Justin Verlander for rest of the season. I kind of can with those strikeouts tho strikeouts are money at this point. But now with three of these games under his belt, where we're all losing our mind, we're seeing consistency and we're seeing him go do this against really good teams like Philadelphia, the return could be so much bigger. So I don't know. I'm not the biggest trader in the world, but we talk lots about flipping and moving and stuff like that. If you've got Jared Jones, you're not big trade league. Just love it. Just love what you're dealing with. But if there is somebody out there that has to have Jared Jones because he's, you know, whiff leader near the top of the season, maybe you could sell him at the very tippy tippy tippy top because this is a rookie with rookie inning caps. But all of that aside, he has looked awesome and he's doing things that veterans do, especially with this slider fastball flip he did in this game. That's the type of stuff you want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's very exciting. For sure, And it might be one of those circumstances where you drafted him so late he is, or he maybe picked him off waivers. He's worth more to you than anybody else because you got him for nothing. Yeah, and he's more valuable to your roster than taking a chance on a bi low candidate like a Castillo or a Kirby. I mean, it's kind of crazy to think those deals will be entertained, but I think they might be. Bobby Miller after a rough start. Is that a trade you would make? Who'd you rather have rest of season? Bobby Miller or Jared Jones.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'd still rather have Bobby Miller. I'm a little bit worried about, like how bad it's been, but Bobby Miller's really seems to just be like a commandy type of thing, like he's got great stuff that Jared Jones got great stuff too. I would take Bobby Miller at this point, but that I do think those guys are closer than where we were before. Bobby Miller's come down a little bit. Jared Jones obviously come up a whole bunch, But yeah, I mean that's that's a risk I would probably take He's.
Speaker 1: In the trade video this week too on the channel if you haven't seen it. I'm mad because I did the Waiver Wire video yesterday, sent it out there, all set on Wednesday, actually recorded on Wednesday, sent it all out there, comes out Thursday. Oscar Colis is in the video and guess what he gets sent He.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, he's Some people pissed. They were like they literally burned an option for him to come up and like pinch hit and then just kick him to the curb.
Speaker 1: What the hell are we doing? What do we do in White Sox? Look. The other reason I'm excited about Jared Jones is because I get to sing Jared Jones and me, tell me it will be big stars, tell each other fairy yeah, yeah, yeah. It's raining in Pittsburgh. And I'm so upset. He was always so sad j Me. I like that, All right, let's go to the royals. There in the headlines Bobby wit Homer twice. I'm so mad because I remember I told you I was like, oh, Schwarber, and there was another guy was considering, and I went another way. Bobby Witt was the other guy, and I would have had two more. I would have had double digits and I'm so mad, but that's okay, that's okay. We will move on. Stolen base. Bobby Witt is gonna be in the MVP conversation. Vinnie Pasquentino continues to be hot, droven three more runs, and Brady Singer last week's Waiver Wire pickup of the Week. Five innings, one run, four case. He looks good. Welsh, what do you make of the Royals right now? Who are red hot?
Speaker 2: Listen? I did a video in the preseason with Justin Mason. He came on and Justin it was a bold predictions episode, and Justin's bold prediction was that the Royals were gonna make the playoffs. And then I think we even might have translated that a little bit into the over on wins with something good to check out. It's a pretty well constructed team. I've liked this team. Michael Waka was my guy. He's pitching today, He's pitch well. Seth Lugo's pitch well. Brady Singer has pitched well, and that offense has been locked in, you know. Mikel Garcia kind of a little bit up and down, but Vinie's finding himself and it's all led by Bobby Wade Junior, don't I wouldn't be surprised if this team even made some acquisitions later in here. But yeah, there's great fantasy assets to be had and the team is scoring a ton of runs. I don't know if it'll continue, but yeah, this is why I had Bobby wait Juniors the number two overall fantasy player.
Speaker 1: Next up on the headlines, Mason Miller got to save struck out two more guys. You know, a buddy mine actually brought up a great point too, and he's his name isn't Scott Malkinson, but he does have diabetes. And he said, you know, Mason Miller is a diabetic and that's also something about managing his blood sugar levels and things like that. He said, if you are somebody who has that, like, it's much easier to be in a controlled environment around it. And I thought that's a really brilliant angle. There are another reason to just keep him in that mode. I thought that was really genie. JP Sears blanked the Rangers six and a third innings, so it was a good day for the A's. So I want to put it in the headlines because it doesn't happen very often. John Gray had a good day against the A's, but it didn't matter. Five innings, nine strikeouts for him, So Bradford Gray both pitching very well, Rangers, Eovaldi pitching well. Now, well, look it is the A's some of these matchups they've had. But still Welsh, I think we got to look here and the Rangers actually have a good problem on their hands, and eventually when they get Schures are back. They have a plethora of pitching, which a lot of teams cannot say.
Speaker 2: Right now, man, you and I are just we're lockstep with using the word plethora.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite plethora of pinatas.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Yeah, what exactly is a plethora.
Speaker 1: All the other A couple of weeks ago, I was watching that.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite, literally all time favorite movies. Is uh Is Three Amigos.
Speaker 1: You have a Chevy Chase quality about you. You're like a lovable jerk. Yeah yeah, I like that a good way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: He is, But I I Christmas Vacation one of my all time favorite.
Speaker 2: That's one of my all time fas. I mean I've gotten the Clark Perswall autograph. Jersey from Chevy, but Steve Martin's actually my guy though, so that's funny. So I maybe exemplify more Chevy Chase, but I love Steve Martin, like.
Speaker 1: I guess that makes me more Martin short than that's.
Speaker 2: Definitely Martin short from Juilliard. I will say with the A's like they're one of the biggest strikeout teams, like almost twenty eight percent overall K percentage, so I think it's like a tiny bit inflated. I've also been kind of critical of John Gray. Nice to see him have these good outings, but I still think he's a guy that can hit the that might end up hitting you know, the bullpen one. Some of these guys get healthy, maybe they make more moves. But Cody Bradford, Cody Bradford totally the interesting guy here as far as the command level, with pretty decent stuff. I think that's the type of picture you want with that consistency, more than you would want a John Gray. But yeah, man, Cody Bradford put him on that list of those, you know, cheap free starting pitchers that are gonna help win while while you're losing your Spencer Striders and Garrett Coles, you're gaining your crochetes, You're gaining your Jared Jones and your Cody Bradford's.
Speaker 1: Houston's got a problem, let me tell you. And I don't want to be I'm not trying to be cute there, but like it's Hunter Browns the ra between franber Valdez injury Orlander working his way back. Like this is like a very tenuous I don't want to say the windows closing for Houston, but this is not the best way to start a season if you're the Houston Astros for sure. All Right, one more thing to show. Altani's interpreter was charged with bank fraud by the federal authorities. So apparently, I mean he would have done a better job with all these bets had he downloaded betting pros and use the app. I think that's the big takeaway here. He did not have the betting pros app. If he had downloaded, that probably would have been in a better scenario. So don't be like, is it is it I pay?
Speaker 2: Is that how he's saying, Oh, I'm not gonna guess, yeah, I'm not gonna guess. Yeah. I will say though, had he let me just take a look here twenty five units over the last month. I'm looking on the Betting Pros app. You can check me. By the way, up twenty five point four units over the last month on betting pros think I am bettingpros dot com slash Welsh for the short link if you want to follow. So yeah, that would have been a benefit. But h to the betting pros. Use the tools.
Speaker 1: Use the tools all right. Back to questions here, Anthony XC seven, Joey P. I know you got me. I offer Mi CONFORDO for Kowser.
Speaker 2: Who will be that easy?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, we'll say, oh.
Speaker 2: Colton Kowser. I went on a whole thing last night three days ago. I pumped Colton Kowser, and then I bumped it last night after another homer and then you know, I don't get into the whole like, hey, I'm tweeting out all the things and gajillion questions, but boy, you guys flooded me with this guy for cals. Almost every single one I answered, except you guys are pressing me about Byron Buckson, and you know how I feel about that. But almost every single player you put in front of me, Colton Kowser, you should try to just get Colton Kowser on your roster. Find a way maybe in a ten team league and you can't, okay, But like in most instances, try to get Colton caw No, I'm just saying, maybe you're like, okay, if you have like the Bosmans of.
Speaker 1: The world, or maybe a little what I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Try to get him on. Try to get him on. He's on a hot streak. I think he's gonna continue going. He's hitting right. He's really great and he's a really good player. He's a great prospect who's finding his own finally, So get Colton Cowser. Yes, over Conforto.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to some fun things. The Blue Jays are gonna call up Yario Rodriguez this weekend. So five year, thirty two million dollar contract, this winner he signed he was at Triple A Buffalo six and a third scoreless innings. Is this a guy twenty seven year old, twenty seven year old in air quotes Cuban pitcher. Is this somebody that people should be adding this weekend because I've got him on my list in a deeper league.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not interested in Yario Rodriguez. I'm also not interested in Simon Woods Richardson, who I believe is coming up for Saturday. So they're bringing up a couple of young arms, bringing up everybody but Ricky Tiedeman, and because Ricky Tieman has had a couple not good starts early on in the season. So I think these are this is interesting. Now, these are listen, who are they going up against?
Speaker 1: Who the blue Jays have they have the Rockies this weekend.
Speaker 2: Is that in Colorado?
Speaker 1: No, it's in Toronto.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe maybe if you're you know what, you're counting stats, you're.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean if you could have spend five and thirty two on a guy, I mean you want to get something out of him, don't you.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not talking about like what they want to do. I'm saying for your ratios. I'm dangerous for your ratios. This is actually probably a matchup you could stream him. If you're trying to pick up some strikeouts and a win. You want to play that side, but just know that your ratios could be damned a little bit. But yeah, these are Yario Rodriguez, I mean, Woods Richardson. These are not the Blue Jays long term starting pitchers I'm looking for. It's tetem.
Speaker 1: You had me second guessing myself. It is in Toronto, the Games in Toronto this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's actually a decent streaming matchup. But I'm you know, I'm not holding out major hope, just a rocky stink, so that might work.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's get to another fun thing, Oscar Colos getting sent down after oh for one pinch hit twenty five? Honor? What are we doing here? What are we doing? We bring this guy up for an that bat and we send him back down. I just don't don't. I don't understand. This was fun though. This was the most fun of all the fun things from the news.
Speaker 2: In the last way for a hour, the funest.
Speaker 1: Jordan Montgomery fired Scott Boris. I don't know if you saw this, but I thought that was super fun. So the once upon a time unbeatable Scott Boris, he took some bad beats this winter and a lot of his clients are not happy. Welsh, what did you think of this? Because I'm sure you saw this news too. I laughed out loud when I saw this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it with the Wassermans too. That's kind of like the that's been the next trajectory of a lot of people going over on that side. But yeah, I don't know why everybody go.
Speaker 1: To the Wassamans this weekend. You have to go over to the Wasserman.
Speaker 2: Oh Joey tows the line. I'm surprised not fired across the board. But the advantage is that Scott Boris has got baseball under his thumb. I mean, this is the guy of guy. If you want someone that's gonna fight for you to the death, then you, I guess you do want Scott Boris. But it's also for better or for worse. And this was clearly what I mean for Sodo next year. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. But see, like, if you were gonna have someone that's gonna fight for the biggest dollar amount, one SODA's not gonna do what Jordan Montgomery did. One SODA's not gonna sit on the like for a guy like one Soda. You do want Scott Boris because he's gonna get every damn penny out of a team. He's probably steaks in the team, shares in the team, all that type of stuff. But for guys like Jordan Montgomery, Yeah, this was a huge disadvantage. So I don't know, but Scott Borris kind of stinks for baseball, Like I'm not I don't know who is a fan. I guess I'm not like breaking news like, hey, I'm not a fan of Scott Boris, but yeah, it stinks and I'm surprised more people the Super Superstars makes sense for a guy like Scott Boris not the Jordan Montgomery's who got costs a lot of money, like a ton of money.
Speaker 1: It's almost like the a lot of money. It's almost like the Pianza Cracker. Dized kind of know the show sheet today because here's Mark with a question, is worth dropping Jordan Walker in a ten team league to pick up and stash James Wood? I hear rum wings of a potential call up? Well, guess what the rookie? Lookie, the first guy we're gonna talk about is James Wood four for five yesterday to solo homers and stole a base yesterday at Triple A in Rochester. That's not bad, look, James Wood might have very little approve. Is this a move you'd make? I think I would in a ten team league, I'd rather kind of roll the dice with that, risk of Wood coming up and being great than Walker being mid and maybe and again a ten team league, if it doesn't work out, I'm gonna have easier replacement value if like Walker ends up being good and someone else picks them up, I'll find somebody else besides would So I say, yes, I roll the dice and make this move. What do you say, ooh, piece of candy?
Speaker 2: Ooh, piece of candy. That's a deep cut for James Wood. Reference here. No, I wouldn't actually do that because it's a ten team league. I think there's tons of replaceable players. I'm not sure I would in a ten team league want to be stored. You know what, though, I say that, and I think, well, if you just had really locked in starting roster and your bench is a lot more speculation in a ten team Okay, maybe, but I'm just not sure what the timeline on James Wood is. Here's what I know. He is the tippy top of the guys that you want. That's the answer I can give you. I can't tell you what to do necessarily with your roster, Like dropping Jordan Walker doesn't seem like what I'd want to do right now. I want to bench him we All we've been doing is talking about like, hey, don't overreact, don't react like I don't know if after two weeks I want to completely drop Jordan Walker for speculation for a player that's not well.
Speaker 1: I think this might change your answer. It's a Dynasty league. First of all, how is he James Wood not rostered already in the Dynasty League.
Speaker 2: But so, yes, you know what, I drop Jordan Walker in that league for Colton Kawser maybe, but in a Dynasty legue, I don't want to drop Jordan Walker. So no, I'm gonna say no again. Find a different way to get James Wood on the roster. Here's what I will tell you. Though he's a freak of an athlete, huge power numbers, his strikeouts have been cut down. He can steal of course, put up incredibly consistent hard hit numbers in the minor league. Right now, he's got to get a shot, and we are very close. I think to the extra year. We may have already hit it of the extra year of compence if a player hasn't been called up yet, so James Wood could be soon. I would expect more like mayish, so store and stash if you can, because he's going to be one of the next big guys and you're gonna want him from accounting stats perspective for sure.
Speaker 1: Well Mark already has kowser.
Speaker 2: Oh well, there you go, Mark, So win win.
Speaker 1: So that's because you're here with fancy Bros MLB. This is why you hang out with us all the time. And when you hang out with us and subscribe to the channel, you might win something like this, the Jose Ramirez autograph jersey. Again, subscribe, drop your comments below.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's all you gotta do, and don't forget to ring the bell for notification, so you know if you're the big winner of the Jose ra Mirror's autograph jersey. Because we're so cool, we're closing in on twenty k thanks to all of you. A few other rookie lookies. Ricky Tiedeman three runs and three and two thirds you alluded to that not looking good. Christian Scott of the New York Mets, it's pretty rare. We have a New York Met. Great Scott strick out ten guys yesterday, one run over five innings in triple A Syracuse. Now the Mets rotation certainly isn't one that's going to hold all year. Is Christian Scott somebody people should be adding right now down low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'll tell you We've got this awesome discord Fantasypros dot com slash chat if you guys want to join the free discord and you can kind of have access to us. And I had somebody, yeah, there you go, right there, Fantasypros dot Com slash chat, and I had somebody asking me that question about Christian Scott. Christian Scott's not the tippy top if I were ranking starting pitchers for full season that I'd want. But I do think Christian Scott might be the next actual pitching prospect that we care about that's coming up. I kind of thought it might be Ricky Tieman if he had a good start. He didn't. Christian Scott definitely looks like a player that you're not gonna want to sit in the miners too soon. Big, powerful, fastball stuff has been really good. Mets not typically keeping like you know, high end pitching prospects too low in Triple A for too long and they could use them in the rotation. So yeah, I do think Christian Scott's a guy we could see within the next two weeks, so another really good stash and hopefully better than the more recent starting pitch your call ups, what are you laughing about?
Speaker 1: I'm laughing because Brendon Scarborough in the chat has a really funny comment. But I don't think I can bring it up here. But I think so if you go back and look at the car, Brenton, good job. That's all I'm gonna say is a good job. That made me laugh out loud internally because I can't because supposed to be sort of professional doing the show with Welsh. All right, let's do three up and three down cold and cows are three for five, not one, but two homers four. Ribby's leaving the Oarls nine to four win over the Red Sox. Garrett Whitlock, a guy that we talked about a lot. Another good start for him, one run five innings on Thursday, got no decision, that's okay. Rangers Suarez eight strikeout, six shutout innings for him, so at a good outing from Suarez. But Whitlock, Bradford, you know, I would even put Cutter Crawford like a lot of these guys, you know, these underappreciated arms. There's a lot of them right now. Seth Lugo probably another one of them. They've been really good. They've been like the steadying presence in April so far to a lot of rotations that have been in chaos with either injury or underperformance from the guys at the top that you drafted, Like, they have not been good for the most part, outside of like Corbyn Burns and a few others.
Speaker 2: You know. I also say, like I just feel like we're talking about like benches and stashing. I would be stashing as many of these pitchers as possible. I assume most of these guys are available, but you guys are in the chat talking about ten team leagues and stuff. I would be stashing Cody Bradford at Seth Lougo, any of these guys. Yeah, the Garrett Whitlock, Tanner Howke Who's gonna go Tanna has been awesome and I'm gonna kind of play him in the bets tonight and stuff like that. Like yeah, Like these are the type of guys I would be filling my bench mostly with stashed solid pitching performances to see if they hold, because they're all dropping and they're all falling.
Speaker 1: All right. The the ups always come with the downs. Corey seeger over four with four k's golden sombrero. Corey, nicely done, good job, Alan, is it? Is it winnings or whinings? I couldn't. He didn't last very long, so I didn't get a good listen.
Speaker 2: Say you win ins, say you want buttons.
Speaker 1: He came up, he gave up six runs, eight hits, five innings, and he got sent back down. So barely knew you it. And Hunter Brown didn't even make it out of the first hitting nine runs and a loss to the Royals on Thursday. So yauza Welsh, just Yausa? Would you would you be buying I guess not even buying? No, would you be dropping Hunter Brown right now?
Speaker 2: For Bradford Man, that's like the toughest one. If you would have said like Whitlock or Cutter or.
Speaker 1: I didn't say Witlock because that's an easy one. I'm saying a tough one because I'm trying to challenge you. Why am I talking like Regis? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like my guts, it was a couple of years ago. Did you pass away?
Speaker 1: Right? He died a couple of years ago. Don't you remember you don't remember when Regis died.
Speaker 2: No, But I do love doing I love the yelling. Like, here's my problem with Hunter Brown is I feel like, long term he's gonna get this fixed. But there is something to say, like you should be thinking in shorter terms sometimes in Fantasy Baseball, especially in the early onsets.
Speaker 1: Well, he's already destroyed your r right now, I know.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to start him next week. I don't want to even start him next week.
Speaker 1: I're a how's another how about Rainaldo Lopez? If he's out there in the way of Lopez?
Speaker 2: Man, you know what in shorter leagues, in ten team leagues or you know, like twelve teams with short bench and you've got really good options. You know what, Maybe he's just a streamer. Maybe Hunter Brown is nothing more than a streamer. And if guys like Ronaldo and Cody Bradford and stuff are out there, yeah, maybe I would. I just feel like, come back to this and someone remind us in June. I feel like like Hunter Brown is going to look better than Cody Bradford or Rainaldo Lopez. Like Bradford, We're not guaranteed he's going to stay in the rotation. If he keeps pitching how he is, he will Rinaldo has been pretty good early on that that's a tough one. But hey, listen, if you can pick up those guys, that means you got a league where it's easier to stream. Then yeah, I think Brown might be in a streamy range right now?
Speaker 1: Is that your final answer?
Speaker 2: Final answer?
Speaker 1: All right, there you go. Remember when that was a big deal, like who wants to be a Millionaire? People forgot was like a phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember watching I would that was like my point watching but I was like into it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was people were watching that thing. That was crazy. Watch TV? Remember game remember waiting tons of game shows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like do you remember like when you cared about like being sick and waking up and watching prices right like that was still I know it's still on. Remember Dealer, No deal Great?
Speaker 1: That always thought that was way dumber. Like to me, that was always like that was who wants to be a Millionaire? You were actually answering questions about trivia and knowledge and it was you know, this was just like I'm picking a briefcase and you know, I go up and then they go down and it was like, come on, like we just kind of like we have about discipline, greed, like that's all that was about.
Speaker 2: But whatever, I know, greed, injury. I know the game shows and greed.
Speaker 1: That was what I'm just saying. It is so dumb. It's like, oh okay, it's like, you know, oh, there's left is a penny in one briefcase and five hundred thousand dollars and they offer you three hundred thousand. You take it. You take that, I guess.
Speaker 2: But you're comparing that against like, all right, everybody, here's the yodeler, but.
Speaker 1: Well the yodeler is way more entertaining, Like that's that's money in the bank, all right. Injuries Raphael Dever's day to day with left shoulder sore, and should we be worried about I think.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Actually I was just talking with uh, I'm an autum, but Frank stamfal CBS, excuse me, I got, I got. I got choked up thinking about Frank emotional there and we were talking, oh god, it was we were talking about some trade stuff. We were talking around Devers and I wasn't even thinking about the injury. And then I just had this realization of like man, they said he was dealing with this whatever the shoulder thing is all spring training, and then he's already sat a couple of days to this. I'm a little bit concerned long term this season about Dever because I think Devers is like such one of the most underrated sneaky dudes as far as what his production is. But I don't know if this is gonna like come to a head or something this season.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you can get out dollar for dollar, maybe you do want to get It's a little concern. Yeah, it is a little concern.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've taken a lot of questions to the Chat today. We do a whole show on Wednesday after the show on Discord with just questions. But that's not enough for Jay Jay's Like I wish Joe and Wells gonna are more questions of the Chat instead of side talking joking so much it hurts me all the side talking and the side joking.
Speaker 2: Can I always be like that? Unfortunately? But yeah, I mean literally the Wednesday show is completely for that.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's what we do for a half hour. I think we've done like five questions here today. Are some days, we.
Speaker 2: Can't do a ton of questions, but Fridays seem to be a good like we're gonna answer questions. But I mean also credit to.
Speaker 1: You guys, or lengthened the show. That's what you always like. You know, we get paid by the hour.
Speaker 2: That's I've always argued for longer shows.
Speaker 1: So Grizz, we love you. This is what we do.
Speaker 2: We black Hawks jersey that looks like my my.
Speaker 1: I have the same black hawkstures. Mine is an autographed but you know, I see this is how I know it. Grizz is still our people. He's still laughing along with us. We do our best to try to manage a little bit of everything here on the program. More injuries. Nathaniel Low I wish my name was Nathaniel. It's so just proper. You could, I know, but I know, I just don't like it doesn't sounds good like Christopher.
Speaker 2: Whenever I hear Christopher, I get it, even though like I'm Christopher on some things and that needs to stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Minor League assignment Friday for double A. So that's good. So hopefully he'll be actualoner or later. John means two runs at three innings. I guess we're in a minor league rehab start. Would you be adding John Means if you're in deeper leagues right now for your footing out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be one of the guys that I definitely would be looking to pick up. Yeah, I think. I mean this Baltimore team, they really look good. Their offense is uh. I mean, hopefully there's more common we haven't we haven't talked about it. I hope Jackson Holiday is able to pick this back up. You know, he has a couple of weird bloopy errors in the air, but as far as the ball on the ground making double like, he looks good there. He just hasn't gotten his back going. But this team, this looks like a complete team. So you just add more rotational help. Yeah. John Means is one of those dudes. If you can go five or six, he's gonna pick up wins. Good strikeouts means business.
Speaker 1: Jesse wants to know, can we call you to.
Speaker 2: No, we know Jag knows that this is this is an il guy. We don't do toe. I actually am very discriminatory towards I don't understand why you took the back end of the name. Is there by the way, here's a question. Is there any other name there probably is of a full name that there are individual people taking the front and the back side of the name. You know what I'm saying, Like, there's no.
Speaker 1: Joseph.
Speaker 2: Christopher is a very specific double name. I don't know any others that do that.
Speaker 1: Brent Ruoker goes on the io with the abdominal issue. It's see. I can't even say the words, oh, that's cartilage injury. Costro Kondratle I can't say that. Justin Verlander should have a rehab start this weekend. So we'll keep a close eye on that. That's an important one to monitor. Hopefully everything goes well. Lars Newbar activated, let's go. And Brandon Lowe Brandon law when I'm sorry, Nathaniel Lowe, I got my Low's my laos mixed diagnosed with a Grade one oblique strain, so we'll see you later. Too bad, Junior Caminaro's. Otherwise this would have been it. This would have been the moment, Welsh, It would have been the twelfth of April and we would have had Junior Caminaro. He would have been raking. Stupid injuries ruined everything. That's frustrating. Now Welsh, it's time to at least for me, turn things around. It has been the worst week. I want to end on a high note because home run calls have been prolific. First week of betting has been prolific. This week of betting has been for me trash. I've been terrible. I'm gonna own it. So I'm gonna try to turn it around today right here on the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Right now, you can go and put five bucks in and get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you use that promo code leading off at bet three six five. Welsh, let's do something different today. Why don't you start off? Because me going first hasn't worked out all week, so I want you to go first. I'm gonna sit here and maybe I'll get better just by osmos.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't like that I've been I'm in two for one today. I don't think I've had many non two for one days, so don't put your luck on me. By the way I'm getting I'm getting roasted. As far as you guys have names for my thing of like the front and back name. A couple of you are not understanding.
Speaker 1: Of the full name game here thing.
Speaker 2: Well, no, like where I said the first and last name, like mister Buster says William, there's will and then there's Liam. That is one Robert, rob or Bert. Okay, those work, but Rebecca doesn't work because no one.
Speaker 1: Goes not gonna play very well when it gets clipped, because the people who just watch the betting, yeah, will have no idea what the context of what you're talking about tofer, So get to the bets tofer.
Speaker 2: Good point, go and listen to the full show over on Fantasy Posts. All right, here we go for my bets of the day. We're gonna start off with the Arizona Diamondbacks on the money line minus won twenty five. This is my favorite bet of the day. Diamondbacks scoring the most runs against left handed pitchers in the baseball They're hitting over three hundred against lefties and Brandon Fott has a four ERARA but an actual two five eight ERA. They're going up against Steven Matts and the Cardinals. They've kind of struggled this year. Team implied runs about a run less than the Arizona Diamondbacks. So I like you can take the run line, but I think it's a pretty good money line. They're at home. I'm gonna take the Arizona Diamondbacks money line. Minus one twenty five is my favorite. Put a couple units on that, actually number two going in that match we talked about with Boston with Tanner Tanner, how can read debt meers going with the first five total runs four and a half under, and you can find that even even money, the first five odds are actually against this on both teams are averaging just over four point five. But for me, this is about those pitchers. Howck didn't give up, hasn't given up a run, and debtvers diced up this Boston team for twelve strikeouts in their last and Boston struggles against lefties. So I'm gonna play this out that both pitchers, That's why I'm doing the first five are going to dominate, and we're going under on the runs and then going with just kind of a very surface level one trek scouble six and a half strikeouts over finding it around one thirty is my target, even considering maybe ladder betting this, but the twins of struggling more against righty's than they have lefty, so I'm gonna stick with this one. Trig Scouble one of the highest K percentages in the league, Minnesota one of the highest K percentages for their offense. Marry that together and we're gonna go six and a half. Those are my three bets from tofer.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm gonna piggyback on Welsh's schoobl stuff and go with the under seven for that Minnesota at Detroit contest minus one ten. It's a pretty decent number for the under. I think that one's gonna be tight. I do like where your head's at with the schoobl strikeouts too. Speaking of strikeouts, about Freddy Parolta over six and a half, I know, I know the Baltimore Oriols are amazing, but so it's Freddy Peralta doesn't get enough credit. I'm gonna go over this number. I think he gets to seven tonight. And Kevin Gosman. This is a leap of faith here because it's a big number and last time was not good. But I believe in the Rockies, and I believe in the Rockies' ability to strikeout. So I'm gonna take Kevin Gosman over seven and a half. I think maybe this is just nuts here, but you know what, sometimes you gotta get a little nuts to get off the schneid. So give me the over. You're getting plus money on this two at plus one twelve. So if you want to put the Milwaukee Brewers plus one hundred on the money line against Baltimore with Freddy Parolta on the mount tonight, which I think is a really nice I almost think the odds are wrong tonight. And you take the Blue Jays at minus two forty five huge juice on the money line against the Rockies at home in Toronto. So moneyline Brewers, money line Blue Jays, you get plus one eighty one. That's a nice little duo bet for you. So there you have it, folks, those are Friday's best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Now, luckily we have some smart people here, like I saw whereas a Carly had a good answer, Elizabeth, No.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not But that's a Liza first off, and you're taking the the the I guess you're saying, Liz, and that's exactly know what. I'll accept it. But my point, Carly.
Speaker 1: Is smarter than everyone else here.
Speaker 2: Okay, think about it.
Speaker 1: I can get Eliza, you can get Liz, you can get Beth. You can get a lot of things out of Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just again distinctive secondary first and se.
Speaker 1: I realize that's probably something I should not have said. But that's okay. All right, let's go to the home run calls of the day. I don't know what we can get, have Elizabeth, that's the Remember, join our Discordantbros dot com s last chat. It's Friday. It's Friday, where having funnier on the program again, Grizz. If you're not in there, Grizz, so help me God. If you're not in Discord Wednesday, I'm gonna come at you on Thursday. We're gonna be here. I want to talk to you. Welsh wants to talk to you. Join the Discord cleaning up every single Wednesday right after the show. Plus you can also get in there and make the home run calls. Because, as you could see Joey p if only I'd Bobby Wit, I'd be at ten before anybody else. But that's okay, that's okay. Because I'm feeling very Toronto this weekend. I'm looking at the Colorado Rockies pictures and I'm looking at the middle relief of the Colorado Rockies and it's time for Vladimir Guerrero Junior this weekend. So get your popcorn ready, folks. It's gonna be a fun weekend for Vlattie. Can me Vlattie for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, That's what I'm calling, Welsh. Where are you going for your home run calls this weekend?
Speaker 2: I am gonna try to make it simple. We're gonna get back to some basics. Aaron Judge. Aaron Judge has struggled basic this year. He's struggled this year. Batting average just low, only a couple homers, Carlos Carrasco a little bit of a higher home run per nine. Leave it down the plate. We're gonna go Aaron Judge. I might not mess with it this whole weekend for Aaron Judge to get right. If he doesn't, we're gonna have to. I'm gonna have you reach out to our art people, because if I ask, it doesn't get done. If you ask, it gets done. We are gonna have to go to a wheel. We will officially be going to the Home Run Wheel for next week, where I will literally accept your names. During the show, we'll probably pick like six, we'll put it on the wheel and then we're gonna spin it. But we can have the right overlay and we're just.
Speaker 1: Going home run. This weekend, I'm gonna call you tofer.
Speaker 2: People want to make sure that's not happening.
Speaker 1: I can get a team team tofer.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I do that. I hate. I hate tofer like Christopher makes me feel like Christopher. That's something wrong. But tofer, I don't. I don't like tofer.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody this weekend, do yourself a favor. If you haven't already, and I don't know why you haven't, sink your leagues for free with the two rules at Fantasy Pros. They are the best in the business. Manage your teams, manage your lineup, set your lines from one spot, from different sites. Look at your waiver wires, look at the trade options for you. This is gonna be a tool. It's gonna help you through your entire season. So download it today. Fantasy Pros MLB, my playbook. Do it. It's good for you, it's good for the children. And of course, if you're placing wagers, this weekend. Do it with our sponsor BET three sixty five. Sign up, use the promo code leading off, support the show, support our sponsor BET five becks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets and hopefully when I see you again on Monday, well you will have a home run.
Speaker 2: Guess what?
Speaker 1: And things will be different.
Speaker 2: What they got postponed today? The Yankees just got postponed today. Can you even believe.
Speaker 1: That you are? Do you still want Judge for the weekend? No?
Speaker 2: No, get Judge out of here. Let's pick some Oh my god, I mean, is my luck incredible?
Speaker 1: Or what?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: All right too?
Speaker 2: For that's not the best idea, and we're gonna do this and this doesn't even make sense. Matt said, I should pick Corbin Carrol for the last one. You know what, I'll go with Corbyn Carroll today against a lefty No chance, guys, a negative launch angle not gonna happen. But we'll go with Corbyn Carroll to get me off the snide. Or we wheel it for next week.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm rooting for the wheel. I'm urting for the wheel.
Speaker 2: Well, Welsh, will you hit a home run? No?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: Jackson I'm so sick. Boy.
Speaker 1: I sure would feel better and I could get out of this hospital if you would just hit a home run for me.
Speaker 2: Please, Little Holly, I'm gonna hit one for you today.
Speaker 1: Holly, that's his name. It's definitely Little Holly. That'll do it for us. Nanks everybody for a great week. It's been a really fun week of shows. We'll be back again Monday to do it all again. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey B. We'll see you next time. Kids,