Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: No apologies Media. At my new company, we're gonna do a all ladies talk show that.
Speaker 2: Won't be like the View. Is it the opposite of the View.
Speaker 3: It could be it'll be the opposite because this will be entertaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny women on it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna tell jokes and have funny stories and health and wellness.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of.
Speaker 3: When we like and it's household names and you're gonna love it. I don't know what we're gonna call it the lip service or the other View.
Speaker 2: We're not sure yet.
Speaker 4: Rob Schneider, who was on Saturday Night Live thirty years ago, is going to have a version of the view that's not crazy left. It reminds me of I just saw Van Jones CNN say fringe media. I don't think that's the right term, but he said fringe media has replaced mainstream media. We're on cable news getting one million people while they're getting fourteen million streams. Yeah, I already established popular programs, don't have hardly any viewership, So good luck, Rob Schneider.
Speaker 2: I hope you can make a dent or whatever.
Speaker 4: But I think the we're going to influence the world by having a TV show days are over.
Speaker 2: Right, Although a lot of TV shows have an echo online that get far more views of individual videos, for instance. So we learned that about Fallon's show. Yeah, I remember a couple of years.
Speaker 4: He crafts it for the YouTube clips, not for the people doning in at night.
Speaker 2: Right, And Rob Schneider's pretty smart guy. I bet he's got that sort of thing in mind.
Speaker 4: We have an update on the drones of New Jersey, the drones of New Jersey, and which the governor says that is their number one priority right now figuring out what's going on. A Pentagon spokesman has said is it's not US military thing of any kind, And I would assume they wouldn't say that as blanket as that, as clear as that if there was a chance it was. She said, there's also no evidence that it's a foreign adversary, but that's just saying there's no evidence doesn't mean it's not. Well, as far as I can tell, there's no evidence of anything.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows anything on a completely different topic, and we will be talking more about the healthcare CEO murder, the reaction of that, and the current state of healthcare in America with Craig the healthcare Guru next hour. I hope you can join us for that. If you can't grab the podcast later, I'm strong in getting on demand. In fact, you could subscribe. On the topic of I'm going to use the standard term and then we're going to explode it and never use it again, the homeless problem. We've been searching for a better term to describe what's going on because, as I'll be sharing with you in a moment, that is a miss well, it's a misnomer. Literally, it's a misnaming of the problem. It's like, you know, somebody with the flu has a catastrophic gunshot wound and the doctors just keep calling him the flu patient and treating him for the flu. It's not the problem. But this is from We'll just say, uh.
Speaker 4: Like, if someone had a heart attack with COVID and you called it COVID, nobody would do that a COVID death, No, instead of bums and junkies, I like the very accurate term transient drug addicts, right's anonymous.
Speaker 2: I think the most interesting take is this. It's really good, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of what I say with the kids, but street people drug addicts TDA is transient drug addicts.
Speaker 2: Uh. I think the most interesting take is this, we should all we all agree we should help the homeless, i e. Productive law abiding people who fell on hard times, but we spend so much money supporting the transient drug addicts that we don't have enough to help the actual homeless. Anyone who wants to help the homeless should agree that the best way to have more resources to support the homeless is to stop spending it on the transient drug addicts obs. Yeah, yeah, clearly. And then this note again from all or a lean anonymous. I'll share part of it with you, although the whole thing's great. Says some very nice things about the show. You've got a way of breaking down complex issues with refreshing common sense, like a breath of fresh air. Thank you very much. I work with the homeless in I don't see any reason I shouldn't mention the town. This person wants to remain anonymous. M is there need to mention the town? Significant sized city in cal Unicornia. There you go and he or she lists I think maybe he, I don't know, uh lists the various places just about every street with significant homeless encampments and quotes. I was listening to you this morning yesterday, Well you were dropping truth bombs about the homeless on the radio, and I found myself yelling, yes, finally someone gets it, because you're abs at right. We don't have a homeless problem. What we have is a drug problem. Because my mindless person works with these people every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The biggest problem I have with that praise is it seemed obvious for quite some time that that's what's going on. But yeah, eighty five percent of the folks I work with are battling drug addiction. Eighty five percent, another ten percent are mentally ill because of drug addiction. They're remaining five percent they're just mentally ill and need confinement in a place that can help them. What do we do with people who ruined their brains because of drugs? I guess you treat them like the mentally ill.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess. While many homeless advocates and quotes argue that most homeless individuals are simply struggling abused moms or families in need of assistance to my five pardon me, red's too high. Oh yeah, we need control. In my five years of experience working in the toughest parts of my city, I have encountered only one such family one Wow. The rest mostly middle aged men and women trapped in a cycle of addiction, who will say or do anything to feed their habit and the solutions. Again in quotes we keep hearing about like tiny homes are just band aids on bullet wounds. The county's current plan is to build hundreds of tiny homes near particular location. Unless there's a serious plan for dealing with addiction, you're just creating a drug camp, of course, And by serious plan I mean more than the tired old line we hear that support services will be provided. Politicians love the optics of tiny homes because people see something that looks like actions solve the problem. But when the rules are broken at the tiny home settlements, as they inevitably are, these folks end up right back on the street. The turnover rate is astounding. I don't know if anyone in power is noticed, but drug addicts don't obey rules very well. Add to the fact that it takes forty five days. He has forty five days to have a person cleared for intake services. Unfortunately, that's typically forty four days after they've disappeared back into the fog. Why not force rehab, Jack, you're gonna love this. Rehab has a ninety four percent failure rate the first time around, and politicians, no voters. What's stomach a program that's nine hundred and forty thousand dollars of failure for every million dollars spent. Plus ninety percent of addicts refuse services outright because it cuts into their high time. Wow, so you're looking at a very small percent who even agreed to give it a try, and then ninety four percent fail. At least for context, thirty five dollars can purchase an eight ball in Sacramento. It's a measure of drugs. Kids providing a high for several days, provided they do not share. Five dollars keeps them high for a day. All you people handing out cash at stoplights, stop, they use the cash to buy drugs. They throw the food away. Addicts aren't known for huge appetites. Fine, I'll skip to the final paragraph. Even though again this is all terrific. If we want real change, we need drug courts back, We need accountability, we need punishment. We need to stop pretending this problem is something it's not. We need to stop acting like a long term drug addict has the same mental capacity and rights that everyone else does. Most addicts will not seek help for their addiction until they've reached the lowest point. It's just too easy, and as he made the point, cheap to stay high, and there's very little incentive for them to change. Interestingly, we have a chance to save them if they reach their lowest point within the first two years of their addiction. After that, to sitch a situation becomes unpredictable. Thanks for keeping it real. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't know how long it's going to take for society to catch up with this. But so you look at those people and you think, well, who would live like that? You see somebody on a bridge and they're dirty, and it's cold outside.
Speaker 2: And they're under there, and they're.
Speaker 4: Drug addicts, and you think, well, they can't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Well they do.
Speaker 4: It's hard for us to imagine looking at them that they want to do that as opposed to not do that. But they do today, they want to, and so we got to all just you know, take that in and understand that there are a lot of people that, once they're addicted, want to continue doing that.
Speaker 2: Somehow we need to blow up this notion.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's these intervention shows or whatever, but somehow we need to blow up this notion that if there is a rehab, you can put them in there and fix them.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that came from. That idea.
Speaker 4: It's never been true, it's not true now, it never will be true.
Speaker 2: So we got to blow up that idea too. Yeah, they're batting. Average is catastrophically low. People don't understand that. You know, you can't be cynical enough about this. What government does is it identifies problems, real and imagined, and then spreads money out to buy votes and influence. That's what it does. It has no problem whatsoever with either imaginary problems or misdiagnosing problems as long as the money goes out.
Speaker 4: The money going out is the point. It is for a certain crew, no doubt about it. They're scumbags and they're willing to take taxpayer money just so they can stay in office and people get rich while you cantinue to have the same horrible lifestyle for both the drug addicts and the average citizen like myself who wants to you know, have to take their kid to the park. But I know personally several people that work in the you know, lower level world of trying to help drug addicts. They're not Marxists and they're not they're not in on the scam. They actually want to help the problem. How do we reach all those people and convince them the strategy isn't working, It's never gonna work.
Speaker 2: Compulsory listening to the Armstrong Ngetty shows is the only thing that leaps to mind. That's the solution, government mandated listenership.
Speaker 4: I think as I sit here today thinking about it, I think the only thing in this will take a very long time, and many people will have to die, and we'll all have to live with a bunch of street people around us for a long time, is to get the next generation of young people convinced that going down the road of hard drugs is a horrible idea. Yeah, and it's got to seep into society at such a high level that very few people decide.
Speaker 2: To do that. You're right, absolutely speaking of transient drug addicts tdas, we all worry about the safety of our homes and our families. Word from our friends, it's simply safe. No better time than now to get simply Safe. You've been saying, you know, I ought to look into this. I got to go ahead and click on the website. I just maybe maybe tonight when I get home, do it now. Massive Black Friday deal has been extended for our listeners. Get fifty percent off a new simply Safe security system. Fifty percent off right now.
Speaker 4: Wow, this week only, you can get fifty percent off with select professional monitoring plan. You want to have the active guard outdoor protection where they prevent crime before it happens. They catch the people outside with the cameras. They can actually talk to intruders before they break in or call the police or whatever, depending on the situation.
Speaker 2: It's about a dollar a day. It's amazing. It's absolutely amazing. If someone's lurking around acting suspiciously, the agents see them, they can talk to them, set off your spotlights, called the cops before the break in, before the break in. NFL Stars look into this simplysafe dot com slash arm strong and get fifty percent off any new system. Simplysafe dot com slash Armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. Oh I forgot. We're still on the radio. Here we are.
Speaker 4: How we've ever done for some reason. Got some immigration statistics that are amazing. I want to get to you that promise are not dry. Got some statistics about people's attitudes on how we should handle our racial divisions. That is one of those that goes opposite of what you're told by the media. Another one of those. We love those. That's our favorite, where it turns out you're right and everything you're being told is wrong and everybody agrees.
Speaker 2: With you, not with the TV hosts love those stories.
Speaker 4: And oh we got we got to play a little bit Trump ringing the bell at the New York Stock Exchange today. Man, that has got to be one guy who's feeling pretty good about himself today, named Times Person of the Year and rings the New York Stock Exchange bell.
Speaker 2: I thought I was Hitler. Well, never mind. Is anybody on earth more pleased with themselves at this moment than Donald J. Trump? Well, and you can understand why anyway, Lots on the way, stay here Armstrong yetie so one of.
Speaker 4: The interesting slash horrifying things going on in Syria right now is the opening up of all those prisons, which in some cases have terrible Al Qaeda guys, but in some cases just have regular families, kids, moms, dads, whatever that got rounded out by the secret police.
Speaker 2: Many many, many young men who are guilty of nothing.
Speaker 4: And tens of thousands of people died over the years, but they continue to get into those prisons, prisons. This happened live on CNN yesterday.
Speaker 2: I can't tell them. It might just be a blanket, but it's the only cell that's locked.
Speaker 1: The guard makes us turn the camera off while he shoots the lock off the cell door.
Speaker 2: We go in to get a closer look. Is someone there.
Speaker 1: I'm a civilian, he says. I'm a civilian. He tells the fighter. He's from the city of Humps, has been in the cell for three months.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're walking.
Speaker 1: We start to walk him outside. This is the third prison they brought me to, he says. After three months in a windowless cell, you can finally see the sky.
Speaker 2: And shaking.
Speaker 1: My face is shaking, he says. The rebel tells him there's no more army, no more prisons. No more checkpoints. Are you serious? He says, Suriaja Syria is free. He tells him it's the first time he has heard those words.
Speaker 4: We have the full video at armstrong Engetti dot com. And you know, he's one of the lucky ones, many many hundreds of thousands over the years in Syria and Iraq and Egypt and Saudi Arabia and practically all of those countries over there. And I'm throwing China in Russia have those kind of u secret police in prison systems and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Siria posts the uprising what was that fourteen years ago? Has been especially aggressive and naked and it's it's horrors. But I'll tell you what this is, and I don't mean to reduce the human horror of it and all to American politics. But Tulci Gabbard can't get confirmed. She cannot get confirmed in the wake of the full horrors of Asad's regime being exposed. She was very soft down, very friendly with him, made excuses for him, repeated some of his talking points. Was she one hundred percent wrong about all of it? No, nobody is, But it's this is just too ugly. Am I wrong on that.
Speaker 4: Unless she's got some really good explanation for why she was misled or something, she's got to uh, you know, she's got to do a full throated denial of her previous position to have a chance. In my opinion, I'm reading the Achilles Trap. I've mentioned that several times. It's about the Sadam Hussein, the CIA, and the origins of America's invasion of Iraq. But it's been so interesting about that kind of country. It's exactly the same as the way Syria has been and most of those countries around there have been. And I can understand why these people are so happy to be liberated from the regime, even if they know it might be a civil war or al Qaida might take over for a while or whatever. That living under the whole secret police gulog, the infrastructure that gets put in place over.
Speaker 2: Decades would be so awful. Yeah, anything would be better than that. Well yeah, and if you had like a one to ten chance of something better, but you for sure would leave behind the status quo. Most people living under those those horrific regimes would say, let's take the chance.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think the random, awful violence of a civil war would be better than the infrastructure of the whole like goolog torture system. Just again, reading several chapters this of Iraq book, just all these different people describing how you know, people showed up in the middle of the night and took you out of the house and they're never seen again because somebody heard you say something about whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And the way everybody lives in fear constantly, everyone man, woman and child.
Speaker 2: Well, and there's little documentation that's available to civilians anyway of what happened to their loved one, Why were they taken, where were they taken? Are they still alive? They just that's part of the terror Satam's can take you by the regime.
Speaker 4: Satam's goal was if anybody bad mouths me at a diner on the other side of the world, I want them caught. And I think that's the way it is for Asad and you know all these other countries that I mentioned, that's the way they operate.
Speaker 2: Right, horrible, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Indeed, are racial relations going the right way or the wrong way? Well, everybody agrees with you, turns out. Among other things we're gonna talk about coming up state tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you believe it? Wrongly officially two weeks away from Christmas.
Speaker 4: Wo today, every Amazon driver looked at the family and said, well, see, in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five, you have just two weeks to go. We're close to the point where you stopped thinking what's the best gift and start thinking what I'll show up in time? Yeah? What if they love pizza? The tracker says that pizza will get there by Christmas. Man. When I worked at UPS loaded trucks, I think it was crunch week. Do you remember, Hanson?
Speaker 4: You worked at UPS too, Crush week or whatever they called it, like the week of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: It was just brutal.
Speaker 4: I mean you worked a three hour shift. Normally only a three hour shift because that's all you could physically take, even as a twenty one year old, there's no way. But on that week you'd work like six or seven hours and just drag your body out of there.
Speaker 2: I mean it was just insane, the number of packages flying around the country. Ho ho ho peak season. Right.
Speaker 4: Hanson was actually in the management, so he knows more about it than I. I was a lowly, lowly truckloader.
Speaker 2: Appropriately is exactly. I don't know why he took that shot. A couple of things.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk to our favorite guy to talk to about healthcare. In the third hour, Craig gotwalls, And I'm a little uncomfortable with this since s A. I mean, we have him on regularly to talk about healthcare in America and insurance and all that sort of stuff. But are we having them on here because a guy was shot to death?
Speaker 2: Oh more?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, yeah, in essence, and because of the reaction to it. Well, some of it is pushing back against that murderous scumbag's arguments. And I want to get to that next segment because the biggest thing he had in his manifesto was our life. Expecting he's going down while the profits are going up is completely wrong. And can explain that to you next segment, And it's definitely worth knowing in case you run into people that throw.
Speaker 2: Around that very simple, untrue phrase. Yeah. At the risk of sounding like we're petting ourselves on the back as usual with these things, we're not coming at it from a particular angle or another. We're trying to understand what is true.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not helpy happy with the health insurance industry or the healthcare I'm not happy about that. On the topic of race, this is going to end up being good news you're going to be happy about. Okay, this is not a downer segment when I get to some statistics that back up what you think, what you what we think, what your neighbors think, as opposed to what you're being told every single day.
Speaker 2: But first, this what are we about to hear? Katie?
Speaker 5: So this is from an YouTube podcast called so True, and it's Caleb Herron, who is a gay comedian and Nori Reid, who is queer and I believe trans talking about their one of them.
Speaker 2: Is gay and one of them is queer. I don't. I don't use the term queer. I refuse, and I spank you verbally for using it. It's an all purpose term that just means I'm against the man. Man anyway, go ahead. My dad is white and I can't do anything about that. Yeah, there's nothing I can do. I'm sorry. I'm gonna cry because I can't do anything about that. I hate that you had to go through that. Thank you. As somebody of white experience, I know how bad it can be. But my mom is full on Asian. Thank you, that's beautiful.
Speaker 6: When my dad died, I cheered because I said, that's one last white man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how progressive I am. Oh my god, I like talk about ally. I said, get him out of here, get him out of here. I said, take him away, Satan. And that's kind of how it works, right.
Speaker 6: It's like if one white person dies, then you say that, like a person of color can come into the world. Yeah, a diverse story gets elevated. It's kind of like a spiritual experience. Here's the problem with everything in modern society. You play that for me ten years ago, I know they're jerking me around, that they're just saying that to be provocative.
Speaker 2: But now everything is so crazy.
Speaker 4: That could be them saying that to jerk me around, or it could be one hundred percent what they believe.
Speaker 2: And I have no idea. I suspect it's sincere. Really yes, oh yeah, I mean they should be locked up. I have insane folder of stories ready to go about the so called DEI programs and universities and various corporations in the government and how utterly racist and twisted they are. Yeah, Katie, would you like to weigh in on the authenticity or sincerity of the two gentlemen. Well, it seemed quite sincere.
Speaker 5: And that's kind of the theme of this podcast is megal left progressive hitting all the talking points that the media salivates over.
Speaker 2: The fact that a philosophy that insane and insanely stupid would have any currency in the modern world is frightening to me. It is so post enlightenment, it is so post to you know, racial healing. It's ugly, it's obscene, and yet it has infected so many of our institutions.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember when in California, and this is probably ten fifteen years ago, white people were going to cease being the majority. They were still going to be the biggest group, but they weren't the majority of California, and the line got crossed. There were more people that weren't white than were white for the first time ever. And the cheering and celebration about that, it's just so weird to me. Not that I cheer having more white people than every who's cheering percentage of of race.
Speaker 2: That's not folks who have been convert to the Church of Dei of Wochism.
Speaker 4: Before it was it was called that I remember when I remember, I can remember, like I just there. I won't mention the name, but our newsman, Marshall Phillips did the story, and another person who was a person of color on the show cheered, all right, yeah, that's like, why is that thrilling for you? That will be now less way? I mean, what do you think is going to happen because of that? I don't think they think about that much at all. They've just been recruited again into the cult of.
Speaker 2: Racial politics and that's been super successful through the years. But if you want to see how that works, go to the Middle East to go to you know, any of your capitals of your Muslim states and announce that you're a proud Christian or an atheist. That's worse you'll be treated. Tell them you're a gay atheist. Okay, if you want to see how sectarian politics works, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So a poll that is good news. Then this is from the Manhattan Institute Serious organization.
Speaker 2: All polls, not this one.
Speaker 4: But polls have shown we've gone backwards on race since the nineties. Things have actually gotten worse racially in this country in terms of attitudes since the nineties, with you know, being more focused on race and theory to make it better has made it worse. I think we're all pretty much aware of that. And so they ask people the question, are you're given two choices here? Actually you're given three. Not sure is always a choice, and you always have you know, a tiny percentage of people. So oh no, I just want to hang out with those people. Think about it for a minute.
Speaker 2: I'll wait. I don't know. Wait when you look around, I mean, in your real life has gotten better or worse? I don't know, no opinion.
Speaker 4: But the other two choices you have are we should focus on creating a race conscious society to repair the harms of the past by developing policies that benefit marginalized groups. That's what we have been doing since the early nineties. The other choice was we should focus on creating a color blind society where everyone is treated equally regardless of the color of their skin. That's what we were doing more or less post Martin Luther King Junior, pre the early nineties, when things were actually getting better overall.
Speaker 2: It's sixty sixty eight percent.
Speaker 4: The second choice, almost seventy percent of Americans say we should focus on creating a color blind society. Sorry, the most popular book in America, at least according to all the TV hosts, was that Ibram Kenny crap about there's no such color blind is code for racist, and there's no such thing as being I'm kick about color that means.
Speaker 2: You're a racist.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, seventy percent of America doesn't agree with that, and you start breaking it down by different groups, and it's just astounding. First of all, it's every single group, it's majority. The smallest majority of just fifty percent is Black people said that. But even fifty percent of Black people said that versus thirty seven percent who chose the other. So fifty thirty seven You always say it's a good idea to because it's not always just doesn't always add up to one hundred, right, right, So only thirty seven percent of Black people choose the we should focus on race conscious society and make everything about race for all the other groups.
Speaker 2: It's not. And I would like to see the black folks, uh divide by age in that answer, I think over forty it'd be vanishingly small.
Speaker 4: Even Democrats, it's a twenty point win for let's be color.
Speaker 2: Blind on all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: It's a twenty point win for Democrats for young people, which might be most susceptible to this sort of crap. Uh, it's fifty six to thirty, twenty six point win for let's be a colorblind society.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, you were quite right when you mentioned we were going to be talking about this. This is absolutely the polar opposite of what you would be led to believe by taking in the mainstream media.
Speaker 4: Maybe you think the college crowd would be into this stuff. Nope, it's sixty five twenty eight. We should be a colorblind society for the college crowd. Yet we've all.
Speaker 2: Been hammered with DEI and Robin DeAngelo and Ibram Kendy and all of that garbage. There's a big study out that we touched on. We didn't really go into it. We should have that the eight billion dollars spent every year on diversity training in the US. In the US is demonstrably accomplishing the opposite of what it claims, which is not surprising because as I and you and James Lindsay and other people have been trying to communicate, DEI isn't intending to get diversity. That's not what it's there for it's an instrument of the takeover of institutions with the excuse of racial justice. That's a dodge. It's the sheep's clothes thing the wolf is wearing.
Speaker 4: It also shows that it's the minority opinion by a lot that's into it's the first Hispanic quarterback to ever win a super Bowl, or this is the first Indian American to go into space, or this is all that never ending crap. Is the minority opinion. Most people don't want that. They don't want to focus on who's what color or whatever. Just tell me Jim won the super Bowl or Sandy became secretary or whatever or what, but leave that out of it.
Speaker 2: Amen to that. Yeah, man's heartening. That's some excellent news. I agree. Yeah, and just and this has been the message of our show for a very very long time. The truth is is what you live and what you see and what you and your friends think, and don't be talked out of the truth by the weirdos of the mainstream media or you know, seeing their influence decrease moment by moment. Anyway, it's it's easy to feel alone because we have this electronic media driven life that in one hundred years. We've gone from ninety eight percent of our interactions were in person in the same room with a human being to most of our perception of the world comes from media that is feeding it to us, and it has perverted our sense of reality.
Speaker 4: I think, well, all of society's become Plato's Cave, except it's the Internet now instead of shadows on a wall.
Speaker 2: I got my kids Plato's Cave for Christmas. They played before with it for like two days, and then it went back in the closet. Right the Plato Cave now tell us about Plato's cave, you have to jump over Chesterton's fence to get in. See, these people are in a dark cave and they're just seeing shadows from a fire, and they come up with these perceptions of what the world is, and then they finally get out of the cave and realize that they are completely wrong, I mean, completely mis led by the perceptions that they were given by that.
Speaker 4: And it's got long philosophical philosophical legs and tentacles going from there.
Speaker 2: But that is what we're doing with all this stuff, I would agree. Yeah, the media, we've used the term funhouse mirrors or whatever, but Plato's cave is a good illustration of it too. I have had a piece of pie every single day for five straight days, and let me tell you, if you haven't tried that, it's not good for your digestive system. Wow. I can only imagine the horror. Just the heads up. Yes, Michael, Hey, how you doing another cheesecake?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that. I was kind of hoping that the cheesecake would be a binding agent after I eat the pie, which is a bit of a theory. Amateur gastro entrologist Jack Armstrong all right, hey, I got interrupt quick on air meeting Katie. We need your help. Just I got a text from a friend who will remain anonymous, and he uses a terribly unfortunate variation on Caitlyn Clark's name, Oh, preserving the sea in her first name. Oh, I just say that. Did you guys rip Caitlyn Clark yet? What is happening? What has she said? What has she done?
Speaker 4: I only saw the headlines and I didn't even read him because I didn't want to know. I like Caitlyn Clark. I like a lot of stuff about her. According to Megan, Kelly really ripped her for going down the white privilege road as a you know, she's a young graduates graduated from college. I'm sure she was convinced that she is suffering from white privilege and should apologize for it. And apparently she did, as she was named Time Magazine's Athlete of the Year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see she is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she is saying that it's difficult having the fame that she does in a sport that has been dominated by black women historically.
Speaker 2: I have a very controversy'll take on this topic. It'll shock you. Stay with us.
Speaker 4: We'll pass Joe the rock and he'll shoot for something and I'll let me write it during the commercial.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned. He's an argue with him now.
Speaker 4: Tops many people list. I realize it's trite, but it's also a very very good thing. Yeah, this is one of those songs. I hear other people cover it and I say, don't. Why would you subject yourself?
Speaker 2: Don't do that. It's like covering Stairway to Heaven, trying to sing it better than Robert Plant. Just don't even bother.
Speaker 4: So it was on this day in the year two thousand that the Supreme Court halted the counting in Florida and George Bush became President elect.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump, the current president elect, is at.
Speaker 4: The highest point of his popularity in his life maybe, and he's had quite a life as he rang the bell to the New York Stock Exchange while being named Time Magazine's Person of the Year, and he's being fedted by everyone, world leaders and everyone around the world. Time magazine also this week named their Athlete of the Year as Caitlin Clark, the female basketball player who dominated college basketball and then went into the WNBA and has gotten all the attention, rightly or wrongly, was also Rookie of the Year. She did it, and I didn't read the interview in Time Magazine, but Megan Kelly blew her up for it, which got a lot of attention because a lot of people like Megan Kelly show a lot. Megan Kelly blew up Kitlin Clark for referencing white privilege or something like that.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. So a couple of comments. Number One, speaking of Bush v. Gore next hour, I would like to get into how the Democratic Party tried to steal the election in Pennsylvania. Nothing but responsible reporting from great sources. This story is being completely ignored by the mainstream media. Secondly, we've got Craig the healthcare guru, to talk about the healthcare situation. CEO is getting assassinated, that sort of thing. Next Hour. If you don't get Next Hour, subscribe to podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. My somewhat surprising take on Caitlin Clark. She is one hundred percent wrong, going on and on about white privilege, and she's ashamed and blah blah blah. And again I didn't read the interview, but I got the gist of it. I grant a fair amount of forgiveness to recent college graduates, particularly female recent college graduates, who've been indoctrinated by the very system that we insist we need to tear down because we do. Oh my god, you're in a no win situation. You become she's doing harm, there's no question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah. I disagree with her take, and I wish, but what a horrible situation to be in. You're twenty two years old or whatever. You become world famous and from a small town in Iowa, and all of a sudden, they ask you the big questions of society and you're supposed to have a comment.
Speaker 2: On it, and young women tend to filter questions like that, not through is this true, but through will adopting that opinion gain me acceptance? God, she was in a no win situation on that one. Less she just said no comment, right, But she's wrong, and we and others will try to convince folks that she's completely wrong. But I don't hate her for it. Oh gosh, No, absolutely not. Armstrong and getty