Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers podcast with your host Now fuck that with your loaw glasses, Malone.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's happening?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: So, when I had surgery on my leg, all right, I have surgery on my leg, I was damn because again that that injury was older, so they had been messed up. I decided to get my twenty thirteen, my convertible, my super sport Camaro painted right. So the dude was only he came to the house. He said, he, man, you know I'll paint this car for you.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, all right.
Speaker 2: You know it was a Mexican man, and this could be ignorant, but I never in my life got to be by a Mexican person in my life.
Speaker 1: So I have the utmost respect. Now I get it.
Speaker 2: You know, people could listen to this podcast and think that I'm I'm I'm okay with that, but I have never in my life till that day been beat by Mexican person doing business. Every Mexican person I ever went to did exactly what they say they could do. Even if they thought, even if I thought they had to do more or it could have been better, they did it, and it was more than satisfactory. This was the first time. So I let the man take my car. He take the wrap off, he paint the cars. Not a ton of body work on the car. You know, twenty thirteen is still you know, they don't. They're not like an old Chevy where you got to block them out and for a lack of you know, to the people that don't understand what blocking means, it means pushing the metal to the perfect place and making the creases and the body lines of an old Chevrolet perfect. A Camaro don't really have body lines like that, and nor was these body lines old and corrupted.
Speaker 1: So he said, man, look give me twenty He said, look.
Speaker 2: Do you want the cheap paint for fifteen or the good paint for twenty five hundred, Which that was fine, I thought, you know, I was like, yeah, that's cool, Like, you know, the car don't need that much. I said, man, just give me the good paint twenty five. So I give him half of the money. Give him the car. Now, mind you, I can't go by there like that, so I'm not checking on the car. When he finally bring the car back, I'm looking at the car right and the car got orange pills. It's overspray on certain things. Orange pills is when you paint it like a texture. Well yes, but it's when you paint a car and it's too much paint a certain place, so it looks like a pill of an orange. It has its rings like these rings like an orange pill, and it's just kind of oversprayed. On the reverse camera, it's just like you could tell like he didn't prep it well to paint it. But again, it's twenty five hundred, so I'm like, okay, I understand you not gonna overprep it, but I'm like some of these preps are like basic. So he's like, look, I'm gonna come back and get it and color, saying in buffet for you, I mean, let it sit for a month. The weather was kind of it was it was early twenty twenty three, you know what I mean, So the weather was kind of cold, it was kind of funky, you know what I mean. So it wasn't drying well, so it needed more time to dry. You know, when you paint a car, right, you have to let the paint dry before you.
Speaker 3: So he didn't have no heat room or nothing.
Speaker 2: No, no, he's painted at home A right, so I'm still giving the benefit of doubt. I had some great paints come like that, so I'm letting it sit. It's about a month later I called him. I'm like, hey man, you're gonna come and get this car to cutting Buffy're like, oh, just give it a little bit more time.
Speaker 3: After a month.
Speaker 1: After a month, which is fine because it is kind of cool.
Speaker 2: It ain't necessarily hot to where you know, you know, the pain the car stell orange peel is paint, okay, so let the paint change. No, which is fine because you're supposed to have to color saying in buffets.
Speaker 1: So color center is when you use a.
Speaker 2: Specific grit of sandpaper, yeah, saying the clear down you're opposed to send the imperfections, which that's where the orange pears come from. I'm supposed to sand it down with this specific grit of sandpaper and then you use a buffing machine a buffer wheel, and it's like you kind of shining and it's.
Speaker 1: Moving it back out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Two months he don't come. So I finally go over there three months and now I'm staring at the paint and the paint is doing some funny stuff.
Speaker 1: It's shrinking, uh huh, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, they can have too much water in it or something.
Speaker 1: Like it was cheap, and it was like, what the fuck is wrong? Like something is wrong?
Speaker 2: And mind you, I've never really had a problem with a paint job, so I'm not the person to diagnosed. As much as I'm a car guy, I'm more of an engine guy and a functional guy more than cosmetic. All my older hommies you know Double r Ernie Ain Moon or they are more cosmetic guys. I'm a functioning guy, like I know and shout out to wish them because they functioning guys, hot dogging them front and guys too. I know about the functions of how car. So I'm like, man, the fuck is wrong with this car? So long story short, like I tried to get with him. I missed him a couple of times. You don't really speak good English, you know what I mean, so communicated.
Speaker 1: Ym was funny.
Speaker 2: But about a year the paint start fading and I'm like, man, what the fuck is wrong with this paint job?
Speaker 3: And you still haven't caught up with him.
Speaker 2: So I finally caught up with him, probably about sixteen months after the paint job. This is last year. Now about summertime. I'm like, man, you're supposed to color sent the buf my car. Look at my car. So now I'm ready to kill him, like it's running through my mind. I got my pistol. I'm ready to blow his head off. And this is an older Mexican man, bro, you know what I mean. And it's odd for me because I never had that issue with Mexican people and doing work. They usually always deliver on the work. This is like a unique place. So he was like, oh, man, you know you're saying something. He saw that I was mad. His son saw that I was mad. Niggas like, oh, this big old nigga is gonna be a p and he said something. I just got in my car and I left. It's like, man, I'm gone, what did he say? He said something I don't know, more like he was helpless, not like not like about the situation, but about fixing my fucking car.
Speaker 1: He was helpless. So I just left. I'm like, you know what, fucking whatever.
Speaker 2: Fast forward I go over there, probably about three months ago. I may look at my car like now I'm calm, because at that time I was mad. So I'm calm. This is three months ago. I go over there, this is around February March. I'm like, man, look at my car is fading. He's like, well, you know, the guarantee is only a year or two. And I'm like, say to guarantee, I'm like, guaranteed, Like, but it's fading. It's doing a bunch of dumb ass shit, right. It's like so now, so now I start brushing up. Now, mind you, we on the verge of painting the sixty four Malleable, the Sports Code, We're on the verge of painting the Lowrider, right, the dicabriolet. So now I have to start because now I'm so messed up, Like my mind is like this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like, damn, I have to go learn about painting. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to thing. So I'm asking himmies. I'm like, man, what's wrong with this paint? Why is this paint fading? Like I know it's hot, and I'm like, this paint is fading and doing stuff. They said, oh, you cheap material. So not only did I think he used cheap material, but I think he just had the stuff left over and he used what he had left over. So I'm starting to believe he didn't use clear on my car all true.
Speaker 1: Like he might have used a lot like a paint on my car.
Speaker 2: And it was shining like like Earl Shies and one of they have paints where they paint your car and they don't use clear.
Speaker 1: They won't two stages.
Speaker 2: They won't use a color the paint and then actually the clear on top.
Speaker 1: They'll just paint the car.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking he did that and he charged me twenty five hundred when I could have took it to Color King and got that saying for a thousand.
Speaker 1: So he beat me. So now I'm doing a bunch of research on painting cars. Right.
Speaker 2: So mind you people talking about painting Malleable. You've been around King, you saw it. A thousand of people talk about painting, you know what I mean, And people just out of hand, you know what I mean. People see an old car. People see an old car, and they just start talking crazy numbers. Like a dude told me ten thousand is not gonna be a show pain Now, mind you, this car might got twenty hours of body work. A body work, let's say it's fifty dollars an hour, you know, what I mean. Let's say it's one hundred dollars an hour you're using in town materials. Let's say that's twenty five hundred dollars. What are you charging me five thousand dollars for to do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like, what are you charging me five? Like?
Speaker 2: People just out of controlling because they see these old paints, and also they spoil with insurance companies, which is why insurance companies are leaving California when it comes to car because everybody's abusing what's happening, like everybody trying to get over it, you know what I'm saying. So now when it comes to painting's malleible. Now the malible. I'm not trying to do like this crazy show paint. I actually wanted just to be an everyday driver, so you don't want to be in the paint job fifteen twenty thousand. I'm not trying to pull the car apart. To pull the car apart to painting like you're paying a.
Speaker 1: Nice car each piece off inside and out.
Speaker 2: Fenders, hoods, You painting all that separate doors, you're paying it separately. Trump you know, deck liar, you painted separately. You painting car separately. When you spend a bunch of money so you could put paint where it ain't really paint a car, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's no overspray and none of that, no overspray, So it's prep to the gods.
Speaker 2: Prep, meaning like all the tape is over the right place, you take the glass out, you take all the polished, the loominum and chrome off the mouth.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 2: All the lights when you really pay, your car comes off. Yeah, because when they paying a car, they painting a car bare metal. I mean when they painting car like from the factory. So a lot of people when they're doing these really nice cars, you know what I mean, they're taking the car apart and painting the car apart. So I get why that paint job is fifteen twenty twenty five thousand dollars. And if you see some of these cars, you know what I mean, how they're paint them like.
Speaker 1: I'll send you.
Speaker 2: A YouTube of a like a Jeep style truck and that cars took apart, So I get why you're charging twenty five thirty thousand. You're pulling this car apart completely, every light out the car, every.
Speaker 1: Prone piece out the car. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You taping the things that can't come off the car, that don't need to be painted, and then you paint everything separately.
Speaker 1: Then you're drying it.
Speaker 2: You're leaving it in the paint booth to cure, you know what I mean, for the paint to set and make adjustments and shrink. How lo it takes for a good paint job, and probably ninety days or six months really well, yeah, because right is so many hours of body work, right hours, that's how you're supposed to get charged material body work and then spraying a car ain't.
Speaker 5: Nothing damn but that ninety days. Like you shouldn't drive your car nothing for ninety days. It's lited sure because you okay, so like.
Speaker 2: Okay, when you do the bodywork, the bodywork takes so many hours, you know, on an older car, like you're pretty much getting every line perfect, you're getting a body perfect. So you know, everything lays primer card. That's not really a lot of time. You prep a card. That means taping off the things that you haven't took out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So like if you're doing.
Speaker 2: A project card, you take everything apart. But let's say if we was painting like a super route, you would tape off all the windows, Your tape off all the lights.
Speaker 1: You would tape off all the GRIBs.
Speaker 3: So you wouldn't take that stuff off.
Speaker 2: You you don't do that right, You kind of tape it off.
Speaker 1: That's prepping it.
Speaker 2: You're getting it ready for paint, saying in it, you know, putting the primer down, so the paint sticks on top of the primer. Primer sticks on top of the everything works together. So that's a cheap paint job. That's a regular paint job. It's not cheap, but yeah, that's a regular paint job. Okay, it's a regular paint job. It's prepping, taping off. So I was going to people with the Malleable and they were telling me ten thousand dollars and it's not showing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I didn't think it was gonna be showed.
Speaker 2: But for you to even say that, and it's probably about only twenty five hours worth of bodywork.
Speaker 1: Long story, shorty put me in a really bad predicament to it.
Speaker 2: Now, Like I'm a hell of nervous about letting anybody put you up because the next person that tried to get over on me. I'm probably gonna kill him, and then I'm not joking. I'm probably gonna murder because it's like, bro, who do y'all think y'are playing with? Like that little man like he didn't even know he was that close to dying. Like, I'm not playing about my shit.
Speaker 3: He just feel sorry for him.
Speaker 2: No, I just realized that I should have been more on it, you know what I mean, Like I should have been more on it, like I always find accountability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that would have got me cooties that Hey, your warranties up? That kind of would have push me to wait, dude, I've.
Speaker 4: Been chasing dust you for a year and then tell you it's only good for a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know he died me for a year.
Speaker 5: Did you tell I might have got a bullet and shit in his ass just for saying that?
Speaker 2: You know, no ceiling gl got my brother Peter bos Pig. So anyway, Saul, Now I'm worried right because it's like we created this whole movement, right, this whole one ten movement m and it's all built off of building cars.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's like street urban has a very masculine approach of you know, building older cars and customizing them to fit their personality.
Speaker 5: I got a question, real quick question for you with this, So do you why don't you go to like Baco or something like that.
Speaker 3: Why do you go to private people?
Speaker 2: Well, so this is tricky, right, Makos have different people. They don't have the greatest reputation as a brand, but they're also more of a franchise paint job.
Speaker 1: Okay, here you go.
Speaker 2: It's like going to a burger stand versus going to McDonald's for him. But you know, it's like going to McDonald's going to Maco's like going to MacDonald's of painting cars versus going to like a smaller person that's kind of popular everybody know that's like five guys. And then imagine going to like a regular Moms and Pop burger stand where Burger has more care and attention.
Speaker 1: That's like going to a home person.
Speaker 4: And a lot of those places that are of that type, at least from my experience, was limited. It's just like car basic shit. They have contracts with certain suppliers where they might only have a very like a limited list that might not include what you want them to do, or the paint that you want to use or whatever else they have an exclusive contract with Joe Blows Paint. What I don't know.
Speaker 2: It sounds like check your audio and see if that's the mic on your shirt. Think your mic on your shirt is plugged into your audio interface.
Speaker 1: Hmm oh.
Speaker 4: When I reopened to this link, it defaulted me back.
Speaker 1: How was that better? How long was it? It was just doing that? Now? Man, I'm sorry people, I've.
Speaker 4: Always said about two sentences, so it's not probably the end of the world, like the fifteen seconds of.
Speaker 3: A little more than that.
Speaker 1: Peete ah, no way, now, go ahead, And I'm sorry. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like I've had experiences going to like check like franchise, you know, chain type of spots for other car stuff, and a lot of them have like exclusive supplier contracts with like a certain type of oil. They won't do another kind of oil or a certain type of this or a certain type of that, like and for me, like with my other cars, like with sobs, like I would have to get parts too, like we can't touch your car because we have an exclusive contract with such and such as parts and that's made in Europe. So that might be true. Also with paints.
Speaker 2: I can see Mango is like that they have a specific paint. I'm still not completely done with the thought of using makeup. I found a brother, a white man that can paint, but for some reason, his paint is just not jumping off to me.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I have no idea why his paints are not jumping off. Like you send me a picture of a top he did and I'm like, hum, it.
Speaker 4: Just looks like the paint.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't you just want regular paint jobs or shit? Really, is that paint job he's sent it really that bad?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess not.
Speaker 3: But you you.
Speaker 4: Well, for the old cars, you want probably some premium shit.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, so that's the point, right. It's like.
Speaker 2: Every old so A sports a sixty four Mallible sports Coup is probably a thirty thousand dollars car, pristine, thirty forty thousand dollars car pristine, like if you took it off the body and did everything.
Speaker 1: But it's it's not a highly demanded car.
Speaker 2: It is the first year Chevrolet made the Mallible or the Chevel But you know, this is a sports cup, so it's kind of in the middle model, right, It's like Malible is the base model, Chavel is the They're the same body but it's when you have a spat a package around it that makes it the Chevel package. That's why it's called the Chevel even though it's the same body style.
Speaker 1: Right, that's that's the Mallible.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So this car is a really cool car, but it's not the highest version of the sixty four, you know, Chavail Mallible, Like, it's not a supersport Chavail Mallible convertible to where you know, if you spend fifteen to twenty thousand dollars a paint, you can get the money out of the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is different. Hold on one second.
Speaker 2: Still, Yeah, you just work your show here though I'm doing a podcast.
Speaker 1: You keep calling.
Speaker 2: I hope you all right. I know, but that was a long time ago. You're supposed to call me in three minutes and that was thirty minutes later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. So let me finishing the.
Speaker 2: Podcast because I have to do my podcast and Pete is actually not gonna be around tomorrow, so I needed to do it on Pete's time.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Just the quality of that worse than my err.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He just kept calling me, called me ten times. I'm like, oh, it's something wrong, you know what I mean? So I had to pick up. But it's like what was I saying? So, yeah, that makeo Maco again. It's like McDonald's. It's not it's not a ton of it's detailed, no different than making a hamburger. Right, Maco is the McDonald's of painting cards. There's not a ton of details to the McDonald's hamburger. Same thing with macOS and paint, but it's a sufficient burger. The Mako that I found was actually kind of cool, but I didn't know about the body work, so I'm still not sure. I like the I like the man, but I can't figure out what I don't like about his paint job. Like he's not bad. He send me paints, but none of the paints have wiled me. I don't know if it's the picture he took or some shit. I don't know what's wrong.
Speaker 3: So they look belottle average.
Speaker 4: Have you been over there in person?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But he didn't have a car painted in person. And then he sent me a picture dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, But then he sent me a picture of another paint job that he did the roof, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that don't look spectacular.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it's the camera that he's shooting with or is it just the paint.
Speaker 1: I mean I saw his body work, like, I'm totally intrigued with his body work.
Speaker 2: His body work is out of this world, Like he does this incredible job. But like when he's painting a car, I'm just like whatever, And my problem is the make or I went to.
Speaker 1: I was more intrigued with they bodywork, the paint or body work.
Speaker 2: I mean, excuse me, the paint rather the paint I thought they paint was like really on there, like this is pretty good. So that's kind of bothering me, you know what I mean, Like, that's bothering me.
Speaker 3: The white dude just won't do the body work.
Speaker 2: Oh or he quoted you for he quoted me for the finish cutting buck, So look at it like this, right, So let's talk about the season four malleable again. This is not this is a malleable that's probably worth thirty to forty thousand pristine then, but it's a smaller market because it's not the fully loaded Chevail version of it, you know what I mean. So it's like, if you're gonna spend a bunch of money on that, you're probably gonna get the fully loaded Chavail version, which is still worth a little bit more. So in my mind, I'm like, I don't want to be in this car more than ten twelve thousand dollars because then you could probably get twenty twenty five thousand dollars out of it. That's cool, but then you still have to make it nice, still have to make it nice.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at Homie Paints and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 5: So really the bank jobs would be the biggest thing when somebody look at the car, it gonna be the paint job.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: And this is shout out to Rich, to big Rich Watse. He made a lot of sense to me today. He was saying, man, gee, if you're looking for just a paint, that's gonna be cool. He said that, man ain't finna fuck you off because he don't want you coming back. I mean, he not Finna. Do you like that He can see that you're a serious dude, and you you know, you make music, you have a big platform of people, you can talk shit, he said, he understands it different than the other dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And but it's like even though I can't see the I can't see I don't know why I can't see the ship in this paint. Well, I don't know what the fuck am I missing? But I'm looking and I'm like, I like, nig o paint job.
Speaker 1: More?
Speaker 3: Is it because you scared of private people?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: No, I just I keep looking. I saw his body work and I get it. I saw his body work and I get it. I think his body work is out of this world. Like I haven't really seen a lot of people bodywork that I thought to myself, like, oh that body work is like that dude, get busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the paint jobs he's shown me, Like he showed me its suburb and he showed me the top on this like maybe like a fifty something bwick of the nineteen fifty something buick. He showed me some other paints on a bug on the motorcycle and I'm like, yeah, I'm saying to me, but I mean that's that's the thing. They just kind of looked okay, And the fuck the parties make O paint job look better.
Speaker 4: I have a theory.
Speaker 3: Would you say, Pete, I have a theory.
Speaker 4: It's your expectation for a private or custom like aftermarket paint job is to be better than factory.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like if you went to a burger stand and the burger taste like McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're but but you're expecting artisan quality paint from an artisan painter.
Speaker 1: Artistan. Give me that definition, meaning like.
Speaker 3: Is a factory like.
Speaker 4: A like a like a like an artisan burger place would be like some guy who has, you know, bison burgers with a rugola and a not.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I thought, so not that unique, not that unique, but but I would hope it would at least be like right now, make it look like in and out.
Speaker 4: Like I would venture to guess that if you go to a place after factory to get a paint job done, it's gonna look better than off the lot at the dealer. That would be the goal. Yes, I would venture to bet that because of the way white people are, the goal is to have to paint look like it is original quality, not after market better than original quality.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, Pete, no matter what it's gonna look like it regularly would off the showroom no matter what.
Speaker 4: That's why that Pete, yes, because especially with an older car, I'm going to have it look just like original. But his expectation is to have it look like original better. Oh okay, with a lot of custom cars the problem And you know what, I'm not mad. Actually, yes, this is the second time my whiteness has ever come through. The first time I can't remember. I'm sure it happened. Maybe it never happened, made this might be the first time. The second time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So that's why Ernie said, go ahead and give him a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's why I said give him a shot, give him a shot. But you're right, like, that's what's wrong. That's what's wrong.
Speaker 1: It's like it did kind of.
Speaker 2: Look like a factory paint job, and Maco ship was a little more wet.
Speaker 4: Yep, we don't drip it.
Speaker 5: So do you want a factory job or you just want you know, a Maco wet look?
Speaker 1: Now that you well, because Maco usually does a factory job.
Speaker 2: So the make of this specific makeo, I was like, damn, the paint is wet. You know what I'm saying, so the white dude gets the gig, I'm not sure he's gonna make a factory I see.
Speaker 4: The thing to do is to give the white dude the gig. But you gotta give the white dude the paint.
Speaker 1: See, And that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was thinking, like, let me give him the clear and and and then shout out to big Rich.
Speaker 4: Order that north side royal blue from Houston. I've been hearing about for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: No, No, what's crazy is I'm going factory stopped. Okay, fine, okay, And you're right, his clear does look like factory you're right, like, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, yeah, yeah, that's what's wrong.
Speaker 1: It is. It's just very factory. It's not wet.
Speaker 3: But if you wanted to make it well, he probably could do that too. But he just do a regular paint job, like you.
Speaker 5: Say, he just fine tunes a regular factory paint job. He's just a pro at it. Now, if you want to wet, he probably can make it wet. Well.
Speaker 2: I think it's as simple at that point as just going to another.
Speaker 1: Level of clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, you gotta figure it out.
Speaker 5: So the pieces that came in the mail what they was to what that was the seat covers, so that so that was the other for the seats.
Speaker 1: So they set.
Speaker 2: Everything the carpets, the dash panels, the dashboards, excuse me, the door panels, the headliners, the track, the package trade which is the the material.
Speaker 1: That goes across the rear of the seat and stuff at the back of.
Speaker 2: The seat, the rear window everything. So like that was the seat. That was the last thing for the interior. So details is like putting a dash a new dash pad on top of the dashboard. But you want to do the after you paint it and then painting the kick panels.
Speaker 3: How hard it's gonna be matched paint up like that.
Speaker 2: It's not because it's not you're not matching into the interior. You're just doing it to factory respects of what color they came.
Speaker 3: Then it being so old, they still got that color.
Speaker 1: They make it all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that that's the thing, and then now it's paint. So maybe I'm looking at this room, maybe I was going about it the wrong way. Maybe I need to ask him what material he uses and then try to find it clear in that material.
Speaker 5: You So you're gonna try to use something from California, then you have to use paint.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, that's a good point. You know, let's ask him all right.
Speaker 4: Next week.
Speaker 2: I no sense, Robs. Okay, So the seats came. I'm gonna see your picture that the seats came. So he's gonna finish the seats and then I'll drop it off.
Speaker 1: They look slick. Huh, they look slick, you said, who?
Speaker 4: They looked slick?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna see you some pictures in interior. He got busy. I finally found a quality person that does interior in the AV so that was cool. But I'm gonna get it to you. He'll be finished with it this week, So I have it to you this week and it will drive it right over.
Speaker 1: Rob.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something, what what paint do you use? What material paint do you use?
Speaker 1: I go through.
Speaker 6: Shoot the GM paint chef over on the I and they got they got different kinds of paint. The paint that you want is a GM match paint. So I'm not gonna know what next they're going to use.
Speaker 1: I can tell you no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: Obviously obviously I know the color. But I'm asking what material paint?
Speaker 3: Is it brand or something?
Speaker 1: You don't know what what brand yours is gonna be.
Speaker 6: I know that view it that I just painted that you saw pictures of a few days ago that was about star paint and then it was GM four thousand clear.
Speaker 3: Uh, that GM four thousand clear? Is it lays like butter?
Speaker 1: GM four thousand clear?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And when you and when you lay I got you on my podcast to rob because yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I told you I was gonna put you out there.
Speaker 2: So so when you use that GM four thousand clear, how do you lay it?
Speaker 1: Do you do you paint?
Speaker 3: Do you do?
Speaker 1: You do you spray a couple Do you do a couple of coats?
Speaker 2: Let it sit for a day, send it down and then add a couple of coats?
Speaker 1: Or how do you do it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I do about four coats total.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: I do a very light coat the first just to get it sticky, and then I do three.
Speaker 3: Good coats.
Speaker 6: The last coat I do a little thicker, and then in about three weeks after that, once it's once it's cured and baked, then the car will come back to me and I'll cut in a buffet and it'll.
Speaker 3: Look like glass.
Speaker 1: Nice so jail that that.
Speaker 6: Buick you saw, that buick, that fifty three special that you saw that I did the roof blue, that was without cutting buff.
Speaker 3: That was right after I shot it.
Speaker 6: It sat in the booth for three four hours and baked, and then he picked it up. And I actually just saw the car of the car show. That came out beautiful. But in about three weeks he's gonna bring that car back to me and then I'm in the wet sand and buff the roof fur and then it's gonna look like it just rolled off the factory.
Speaker 2: There you go, Pete so So GM four thousand. Yes, that's okay, my man. I'm gonna call you soon as I'm gonna see you some pictures of the interior and i'm gonna show you what it is.
Speaker 1: I'll give with you in a second.
Speaker 2: My god, I'm asking right now, I'm gonna call asking asking which day my man, Yes.
Speaker 1: Sir, it was right, he said, factory. Factory.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 5: That's my new word now for paint jobs. Is it gonna be factory or better? Let's seat man, And that's what it is. It does look like factory.
Speaker 4: And you don't want to know this because I see people down in Newport, Lagunda who got more millions than they know what to do with and like that, and they have the original everything they want to look like they're in a time warp. But you would see the same car on Imperial and it's got the customs. So it's just a got a little bit more. I'm not going to make a food seasoning reference, but I'll let the audience do that for us.
Speaker 1: No mak a food reference. Go ahead making food season of reference.
Speaker 4: Man, there are certain stereotypical suggestions as to the conservative nature vis a v. Black cuisine, too white cuisine, going a little light on the seasonings facts.
Speaker 1: That is a criticism.
Speaker 4: Yes, you want to be able to walk over season the steak, you out taste the steak. Well, that's why there were spice wars and trade lines to India in fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: It makes sense.
Speaker 2: It does make me more comfortable, for sure, because now you actually have put into perspective what I saw.
Speaker 1: Are you convinced though yet to work with them?
Speaker 3: That's the question to work with him?
Speaker 2: But I just didn't know do I want it factory or do I want it a notch above factory.
Speaker 3: That must be a real fine line.
Speaker 1: Huh. It's clearly it's easy to see.
Speaker 4: Is that a play on words? It's clearly.
Speaker 1: Clearly it's easy to see about that. It's clearly like you can see it.
Speaker 2: It's like when you heard somebody talk about the paint and maybe like the paint is wet. They're not talking about like a factory paint. Yeah, So like he's right, do I want the food seasoned or do I want it?
Speaker 1: You know, everybody see like, hey, that's a yeah, that's delicious.
Speaker 5: That's a great stink more just plain just factory, just the way it is.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that, as odd as it sound, even when I was talking about painting this car at first, I was talking about I was talking about specifically, like oh I just want it regularly. I don't want it over the top. But I never thought about it not being wet. So regular is not factory to you. No, see that's what I'm saying. So regular is not factory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wouldn't even be a possibility.
Speaker 3: Okay, that wouldn't even be a possible.
Speaker 5: Like, you know, regular is not factory to you, so you're so used to it being a certain way factory.
Speaker 2: Called wet or like Pete just said, seasoned. What's funny is I make mistakes with salt and pepper.
Speaker 5: Do you think he could season it if you explain.
Speaker 2: It to you, it's not, it's not, it's not at that point. It's not him painting the car. It's what he's using.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's like if we went to a glamour clear code.
Speaker 2: So like in the car world, right, like all amongst all my homeboys, right, this is all of my older homies. That that I mean, they got the best some of the man these are the best guys putting together cars in the country.
Speaker 1: Little Ernie and Me, Richie, rich.
Speaker 2: You know, hot Dog, all these guys, Moon, all these got they put together some of the nicest cars to ever grace the planet, right, to ever grace the planet. But it is kind of a custom thing to some degree. Where like Richie's El Camino, right, he has a I think I think this is the sixty four sixty seven.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm losing my train of thought on which one it is. But like it's a standard blue, but it's wet, it's it's shinier than it was. Wet is is shinier than it was from GM?
Speaker 3: Could that be in the buffing and stuff or that's.
Speaker 1: In the clear.
Speaker 2: It's not in the buffer, So the clear they have different, it's like a glamour clear meant to be shiny, like Peter saying, culturally, we like are things to demand attention or flavored or seasoned. That's kind of the calling card of how we build cars. But then like Peter saying, he's right, when I looked at those cars, they look like cars from General Motors, and I never thought about it because I've never seen people paying a car and it looked like cars from General Motors.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how like the degree to which I'm trying to downplay how thrilled I am with the immediate response validation of that theory verbatim in real time life. That just made my afternoon.
Speaker 1: He's like, that's and that's what Rob was saying.
Speaker 2: He's like that GM four thousand, it just lays down so and I'm like GM four that like, So we talk about glassery. Glass of it is a German clear like glass of it is even illegal in California, and everybody paint they damn car with glassery feel me, I'm looking at this. No, no, no, glass of it is a gym, is like a standard American company.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I need to look into which clear that is. But it's a it's a he buys it in California. California, the environmental laws changed to where you can't have these paints that you and this is what goes back in the street urban culture. Something simple like this. I'm glad we talked about this peak. I'm glad we can look this around. We have the world's only street urban podcast, Street urban Culture Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Part of the world's only street urban pocket. Nothing says street urban like this.
Speaker 2: Guy, right, but you're aware, but listen. So it's like this is like street urban culture is things that are against the rules. Like I'm talking about casually breaking the law to go get my actual paint and.
Speaker 4: Clear and that might also be a hurdle here.
Speaker 3: Why is that we.
Speaker 4: Don't like to break the law.
Speaker 1: Facts.
Speaker 5: Well, then, but you can't be street urban. Well I guess you can't. You don't have you don't have to, Okay.
Speaker 2: Like you can't be anti breaking, Yeah, you can't. And I'm not to say you you don't have to break them, but you can't be to dude, like, man, I don't know why you wouldn't got that clear from Arizona.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You know that's not legal to the environment. Get your bitch ass out of here.
Speaker 3: I mean you could break the laws and don't like that you have to or you or.
Speaker 2: You can break or you don't have to break the laws and judge other people who do. Sure, So that's I'm painted clear.
Speaker 4: And the ship so you don't have to put it in your trash, on your comp on the name of your business with illegal discarded ship time. I'll take the containers with me when you're done.
Speaker 5: So you could take your car to another state where that has a legal paint, get it painted there, and you'll be okay bringing your car back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're talking about spring, Okay, the environment, the over spray and stuff.
Speaker 1: Even though it's right in the next state. It's like and then the drain and how.
Speaker 4: There's no atmosphere and animal valley anyway.
Speaker 3: It's justos.
Speaker 1: So, Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: That's a simple street urban car culture thing like like I'm trying to get my clear from Germany.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I don't even care if it's illegal, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Simple things like that, And like that's a perfect example. Pete is right that he's painting a car based off factory spects, and his body work look like a factory like straight from GM. So like I can have a very restorative. Yeah, it's restorative, and we restore past restorative. We go a step above because we do want restorative, but it's like not above shinier shinier. A factory car is not really shiny. Yeah, it's just nice, but when you see us and we touch that thing, it gets shinier. So I have to make a decision, and in theory there's really no decision to make.
Speaker 1: I have to have it shiny. I have to have it shiny.
Speaker 2: So I have to figure out the material he's using, what material he's comfortable with, what's legal in California, so forth, and so on, and then put that water base.
Speaker 5: Because he might not be hip hop, he might not be street urban, probably not.
Speaker 4: So you could change one ten to four oh five and be like a like a Beach Boys cover band theme, and then you can have it right off the factory. Nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 1: Change the labels on the containers.
Speaker 2: It's not that I'll cater to his abiit like, so, I'm not gonna corrupt him.
Speaker 1: Sure that just don't make no.
Speaker 2: See, Initially my first thing was to completely corrupt him, like, let me go get glass y. I'm gonna drive to Vegas. I mean, if you drive to Vegas and go get these two gallons of I'm with it, and you already street You're allowed to own it. You're not allowed to spread you You actually trying to a call with no cease to paint the call.
Speaker 5: Hey, he said corrupt him, but didn't tell me. Yeah, you're gonna go drive get it. I'm with it, though that's not correct.
Speaker 1: You would actually like that. That's right up your alley. Breaking the rules. No, no, I.
Speaker 5: Don't love breaking the rules. I just think some rules the rules are in.
Speaker 3: The way, Yeah, in the way, and I just go over them. I don't break them. I go over them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the rules are still intact after King's done with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a difference. I trumble on the rules. I don't break them. I just step on them and just keep going just to avoid them. And ap sometimes you just can't avoid them. You just got the you know.
Speaker 1: Just over them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we're not gonna do we don't want to damage them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't want to damage them. We're gonna gently step on. So now I'm damn you pump me up? What do I go Vegas?
Speaker 1: Because then I won't corrupt him? I'm damn now you know what I mean, I won't corrupt him. So there's two reasons.
Speaker 2: So there's the natural morality moral companies of not corrupting somebody else to break the rules, right, Like, that's not what hip hop is. Not trying to convince you to break the rules. I do my thing, so because I'm doing business with you, I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: So you think he's not already corrupted with building? You know, Okay, let me ask you this. Building cars and things like that don't already kind of corrupt you a little bit?
Speaker 1: No cars with the rules?
Speaker 3: Can you really build nice cars like that with.
Speaker 4: The rules they have? Clear?
Speaker 1: And this is I'm not a pain.
Speaker 5: I'm just about the way he building, putting stuff together, you know, like he's not been the no rules when he's rebuilding.
Speaker 3: You don't think he's doing something no?
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, I think white people break the rules. I don't think they break the rules the way we break the rule.
Speaker 5: Okay, so like he might not be as squeaky clean as we think, and for white people, ignorant is bliss YI could just say he didn't know.
Speaker 2: So it's like, uh no, no, so no, I'm going to find which brand he's using.
Speaker 1: Which is the brand that he's using specifically.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna call that a paint shop, he said, he goes through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna figure out which brand you're using, and then I'm gonna get the glamour version of that.
Speaker 1: Brand that's still water based. Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 3: It comes out.
Speaker 2: You really do want to show shine well as a as a you don't think about that like you know, as a black person. Yeah, I mean as a brother that come up in street urban culture. Give me not black person's regular for you a show shine, that's just that's a show shine. Yeah, it's just a show shine standard.
Speaker 5: And that one dude on the Church of ten Grand for something that wasn't a show shine.
Speaker 1: He would have gave us a show shine, but he said he.
Speaker 3: Just do factory.
Speaker 5: It's been like just factory painting over there in landcasts for ten.
Speaker 1: That's a show shoe. But it's not a she said, not a show paint.
Speaker 2: It's not a show like so show means everything is perfect, you block the car, you made every line perfect.
Speaker 1: You know, a show shine and show pain is different.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, so look at it like this, right, So, a paint job is a paint job that's encompassing of a bodywork, shine, color, finish, everything. Yeah, so a paint job, that's a paint job a shine.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: When I'm saying the show shine, I'm talking about most likely the clear and how it shines. So a show paint job is where it encompasses the complete painting and finishing of a car. Okay, when it comes to color and everything, finish, paint job, complete paint job, a show shine. When I'm using that term, I'm saying, it's the clear that you use on that pink job. Okay, I didn't think about that. That's kind of standard in my mind, is like seasoning on the stake.
Speaker 5: Like Peter say, so you tell everybody you just wanted to be regular factory uses talking.
Speaker 1: Never said factory. I don't even use that term. I just wanted to clean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just regular paint job you say, I just want.
Speaker 1: A regular paint job show paint job. I still don't want to show paint job.
Speaker 3: That's you. So it has to be.
Speaker 2: Well, it can't be a show pay job, but it needs to shine. So even if he's painting, like I think, he's more than I think, let me wrong. This ship is bodywork is Magglin. I think he's gonna do a lot of work on the details. I think he gonna work the ship out the car. Yeah, I think he's going to do a show paint job, but he just doesn't. This is what Peter's in. People like people where he's from. They spend all this money in these cars. They're doing show they're doing show quality paint jobs. They just don't use show quality clears. Yeah, it's a different probably type of show. Also facts, that's the other thing. I mean, Like their goal is you just got out of a Dolorean with Michael J. Fox and oh my god, I just got this car they haven't made in sixty years, made yesterday, and everything looks exactly like it would have looked back when I was twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm not overly shiny. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: So it's simple, right, The paint is is the depth of the paint job. Right, So the body work is where you get all the effects like a bad body a bad body work, bad body work on the paint job where things are the lines have you'll notice it when you paint the car waves.
Speaker 1: So if you look up to the side of some people cars, you be.
Speaker 5: Doing something you guys are saying when you're looking down the side of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, waves.
Speaker 2: The paint is the depth of a paint job, so like a good paint makes the paint deep, like you can stare into it and it feels like it's going miles and miles and color and then the clear is what gives you the protection first, right, and then the shine. It's how the color is not affected.
Speaker 3: A question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he explained to you pretty good that you feel comfortable the way he explain how.
Speaker 1: He said exactly what Pete is saying.
Speaker 2: You know, he paints the car like back to factory respects and that's how his body works looks actually too. So that's why I think I'll get a way don't let me wrong, I'll get a way better paint job from him than make go.
Speaker 1: But my silly ass mine is thinking about the shine.
Speaker 3: And that's just the clear that's it.
Speaker 4: What's your take on like graphing infused clearcoats.
Speaker 1: Graphing, I don't know what that is. I sleep on that.
Speaker 4: It's a new Yeah, it's a it's a fairly new material. You know how the carbon composition of a diamond is three dimensionally pure carbon. Graphing is a synthetic nano material that's two dimensional, So it would be like a few reconfigured the atoms of a diamond to just be one atom thick. And those hexagonal you know, like a hexagon ship, you know, like from chemistry with the balls and the sticks, and it's like the strongest matter you know on Earth. And I know it's starting to be infused into paints and paint coatings. I don't know how it looks.
Speaker 1: I just know.
Speaker 4: The physical properties are supposed to be a great enhancement for like the durability and whatnot and various other aspects of the clear code.
Speaker 1: MM probably moves down on the knicks and stuff. Yeah, send it to me out something. Yeah, I just don't know what it looks like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, from a durability and the like, it holds the material together in a different way.
Speaker 3: And all that kind of.
Speaker 2: Send it to me. I start doing some research on it. Interesting, but yeah, no, I didn't think about it like that. He's right, Pete is right, Like I'm not looking And I never use a term factory when I'm talkingalking about paint job. I'll be talking about factory on many things, but I've never said factory paint job.
Speaker 1: H Like, you know what I mean. So that's just a deep thing. I have to really do some research intoday.
Speaker 2: Good looking out for tuning in to the No Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and not Heard radio year