Speaker 1: To on the move, going deep speedways, Peace do.
Speaker 2: Hell, Peas Do. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Help Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 3: Heasy my ad hands in the playoffs?
Speaker 2: What is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host Travis Wingfield. On today's show, the Patrick Paul episode is in. We'll break down everything about the Dolphins second round draft pick on Friday night in the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, the Mammoth tackle from the Houston Cougar Worldwide. Down the tape, discuss the fit, get the data here from the draft experts, get Mike McDaniel and Chris Greer's evaluations and thoughts, and take a brief look in the day three and tell you about some of my annoying trends so far from this draft season that I've noticed off Twitter dot con. From the Baptist Hell Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Drive Time Podcast. With the fifty fifth pick. In twenty twenty four, the Dolphins made Houston's Patrick Paul the newest member of the Auckland Orange.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: You get your offensive lineman that I read so much about in the last twenty four hours. Build your waller on the quarterback, right, we got him. We start the film here, and my first exposure to Patrick Paul was that the Senior Bowl this year.
Speaker 1: I thought I was I thought that that was one of.
Speaker 2: The more impressive performers at this year's Senior Bowl. Massive, massive human being six foot seven and a half, three hundred and thirty one pounds, thirty bench reps with thirty six inch arms is absolutely insane. That's ninety third percentile all time at the combine with bench press and with arms that are also in that similar category.
Speaker 1: The five one three forty yard.
Speaker 2: Dash was eighty first percentile all time among tackle and the height and weight both in the ninety second percentile with an eighty third percent Tile ten split time of one seven seven. So to be that big and to move that well and to be that strong, you can see what the thinking is here with a player who didn't have great college tape at Houston, and how the projection for the best ball of his career to be next.
Speaker 1: That's kind of the thinking here with this player.
Speaker 2: But back to the tape, the strength again was evident There were reps at that Senior Bowl where he positively ragged all guys. There were reps where I thought he got a little bit exposed by giving access to his chest play and then guys were able to get him going backwards on the track to the quarterback. So I think you look at the good reps and see what he was able to do. Then you look at the not so good reps and you see what went wrong there and where you can't correct that, And wouldn't you know it. Chris Greer and Mike McDaniel said the exact same thing in their Friday night recap presser after taking Patrick ball.
Speaker 4: Yes, we feel confident that he can swing. Obviously, he's been a left tackle that we spent a lot of time with. We met with him at the Senior Bowl for a while the combine. We had him here on a thirty visit, so he was very enthusiastic about his intensions of wanting to play here. He really enjoyed his interactions with the coaching staff and us and watching him on film and some of the things we liked about how he plays, and he knows he's got some things to work on. He's very honest and direct, and that's what we really appreciated, and we're very excited to work with him because I think he's a very talented player.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be a theme throughout the soundbites be played for you guys here. And I appreciate the transparency about the approach and the process there from both Mike and Chris. We've seen that be the case with some draft picks here in the past, and they've turned out to be some of our best players. I think about Austin Jackson, a twenty year old who got better and better and broke out last season after an injury really wiped out his entire third year back in twenty twenty two and kind of put a plateau into that projection or that growth for the time being, and then he ends up having the breakout season in year number four. And that's not so uncommon for offensive lineman. That takes some time, especially given the modern college game. The way it's coached right now in college is just different. It's like, get up off the ground, get back to the line of scrimmage. We can go fast and get our playoff here in the next fifteen seconds. Get your signals from the sideline and let's go just more of a focus on getting back to the line than there is finishing blocks, and that creates some bad habits and technique. I think that's kind of the issue here with Patrick Paul and one of the fastest offense is one of the innovators and originators of the hurry up, get to the line of scrimmage offenses in Dana Holgersson there with the Houston Cougars previously at West Virginia. Obviously, I think it's a very real thing that impacts the development of offensive linemen in the league and why there's such a scarcity in terms of offensive line talent versus the pass rush that we've seen get better and better every year, and the old line's catching up a little bit and the pendulum's coming back a little bit.
Speaker 1: But that's kind of what I wanted to explain to you.
Speaker 2: Guys here in terms of development and why we've seen offensive line play kind of deteriorate over the last team five ten years in the National Football League. And so if you're taking a player with that development track, take the most impressive looking player, right, trust your coaches. And that's another thing. Who has earned more goodwill or should be trusted more than what Butch Berry did last season with an offensive line that, again a lot of the Dolphins fans out there were not happy with how that line looked at the beginning of the year and you wind up getting number one offense in the NFL. Now, things fell apart late in the season, and that's a big part of injuries on the offensive line. But that's kind of another reason why you want to make a pick here on the offensive line. But I thought Austin Rob, Rob Hunt, Isaiah Wim Kendall Lamb all had the best years of their careers last season. And Keon Smith went from a guy that I didn't think could make a ninety man roster to suddenly he makes a fifty three man roster and has intrigued for me going forward. He looked totally different to me in twenty twenty three than he did in twenty twenty two. And that's a testament to the Dolphins coaching staff and development plan for Keon Smith.
Speaker 1: And so there's projection there.
Speaker 2: And look, I keep seeing these comments about win now the window is closing. It didn't get immediate impact players, and we'll address that at the very end of the podcast. But if you were drafting just for twenty twenty four, you're doing it wrong, man, Like. These players are not finished products, and you never drafted player for what they could be in their rookie season, and some guys' rookie years are total washes. Yeah, there's usually some visions, some flashes of what it could look like. It's just not how the NFL works, man Like, if you're firing off tweets about how it's a bad pick because it can't help you right away on Week one twenty twenty four, you don't know what's going on inside the walls of an NFL billing. No, nobody've views it that way. Nobody does, and the ones that do, they don't last very long.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That was not the outlook when they began this entire rebuild back in twenty nineteen. It was about sustained success, and they've done a good job of susaying that success in terms of winning double digit games every year except for one back to back playoff runs eleven wins last year. Like, that's just sustained success is the goal there, and they want to be winners that keep going forward, and to do that you have to keep the pipeline full and moving, and quite frankly, I love the foresight to consider not just twenty twenty four, but beyond that. I think that both Chop and Paul are guys that will have linear progress as they get older and get more pro reps and become better versions of themselves every single year they go down this thing. Let's go ahead and go back to Chris Greer about this pick and ultimately what intrigued Miami about Patrick Paul.
Speaker 4: This is an athletic ability for guys because he is and just even when he's not perfect with technique, which you know, butch and Mike and the staff here Frank Cavall shown that that's a very point that symphasized around here very heavily so for him, even when he's not perfect, when you have a guy that big with that length, that he can still block people at times when he's not right. But the changes that he made from last season even in college into this season, you can see the growth in the player and wanting to get better. So we're excited. We think he has another level he can take it to and he wants to and that's an important part that he wants to be good and wants to.
Speaker 1: Be coach, So this was a player.
Speaker 2: They spent lots and lots of time with Senior Bowl meeting, combine meeting, thirty visit here in South Florida at the facility here in Miami Gardens, and they mentioned how eager Patrick was about wanting to be a Miami Dolphin. Reer mentions that Paul's agent was texting Friday morning, staying, this kid's driving me crazy about how bad he wants to be there in Miami with you guys.
Speaker 1: I want guys that want to be here too.
Speaker 2: Quite personally, I also want elite athletes with the size to be malers. And that's when I saw at the Senior Bowl practices, I wrote my notes, I'm intrigued here, but I need to see how he operates out in space, and literally the next rep in my notes, he pulls playside and goes and takes out a cornerback in team drills outside the numbers and puts him on his back. And I noted this, He's gonna have an unreal tensplit, I bet when it comes to the combine, and he goes and notches an eighty third percentile ten split and when you're ninety third percentile in size. It reminds me of a press conference that McDaniel gay when he was the OC back in San Francisco, where he was asked about the Nailers offensive line being full of late round picks and new DFAs, and he said, look, that's not like by design, that's just kind of how it worked out. But ideally you engineer a seven foot, four hundred pounds offensive lineman, and Paul is about as close as it gets to just that. So it's almost like a bit of a pivot off of what McDaniel had prioritized in the past. We knew that two years ago, was hey, Tua gets the ball out so fast. He can mitigate a lot of the offensive line issues you might have. So let's go ahead and maximize the skill set that he offers, which is less offensive line, more playmakers to make you know, intermediate throws, explosive plays, and they go out and get Tyreek Hill. But now he's kind of going against the grain with the idea of getting a massive, impressive ball of clay and the intentions of developing that player under a very good offensive line coach, a very good offensive corner a very good head coach who all have there have had their their fingers in the pot of offensive line play in the past. I mean like the pro which makes perfect sense to me. If you can't see that, I don't know how else to explain that. And if you might not like the player, the approach in the idea is all sound and that's all I think you can ask for in this process of the draft. And how does Patrick Paul use the length that he does feature with the eighty seven inch wingspan, thirty six inch arms, three hundred and thirty one pound frame, how does he use that length to his advantage?
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and go back to Mike and Chris one more time.
Speaker 4: But again it's like you talk when he's even when he's not perfect, which you know it happens in our league college all the time. That length allows him to recover because he is so long and he's got some strength and power to him that it enables him to recover even at times. So that's an intriguing an thing. With all the tackles, everyone talks about length, athletic ability and size and those things you can't teach. And so he has that in an abundance and.
Speaker 5: That I am a suck, like a sucker for length that guys that like to play with their hands so they actually can use it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I said one more time, though, We're gonna hear from them three more times. But I want to go ahead and address the negative here that I've seen discussed on Twitter and from my own film Toody as well, because I do think there are some things he's gonna have to work on. Like Chris and Mike have both told you, he's too often exposed in the chest, which allows guys to strike in control and drive him back. And that's part of the technique that's getting over extended. That's having bad sets and you know, not having your hands in the right place, And that's a common flaw with guys at that height who can get driven back because he plays too high and his feet come off the turf. And you cannot not have cleats in the ground. All your force and power is generated from the ground, and you have to have cletes in the ground to go ahead and do that. So if you're feeter off the ground, you're gonna lose. Every single time. He struggled with leverage a lot on the Houston tape. I imagine that's part of what McDaniel and Greer were getting at. He got beat across the face a little bit too frequently with quick jump sets and where he was exposed in the B gap and gave that up inside. And I think that's a big part of where Tron Armstead comes into play here and can be a great teacher for him because both career McDaniel mentioned that Armsteads are very eager about helping offensive lineman, saying, I want you guys to draft O linman so I can work with them, because t Stad's a master at explaining and teaching technique of setting and what difference says can do for you. The jumps had to go cut a guy off at the pass. There was a great dummy set that he did on Micah Parsons that got him to the ground on one of the game winning plays a screen at Tyreek Hill in that Cowboys game. I think Patrick Paul ducks into his run blocks a little bit too much and can get off balance as a result, and also produces hands outside the shoulders, which obviously means holding calls and there's not a lot of flexibility to kick inside and play on the interior, which I kind of wish we have a twenty twenty four but you don't get that here with Patrick Paul.
Speaker 1: I don't think right away.
Speaker 2: Maybe he can convert in there, but I don't see it at that size and where he needs work with his technique and fundamentals. So good stuff there. I think it's a good place. Take a break for the first portion of the podcast. When we come back, more notes on the fit in Miami, the data from his game, and more audio from Mike and Chris. That's all next Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by AutoNation Patrick Paul Houston. Krueger's is here. He is glorious. He's a massive tackle. The Dolphins like with the fifty fifth pick in the twenty twenty four NFL Draft.
Speaker 1: How does he fit with your Miami Dolphins what they want to do.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and start here with some audio from Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 5: You know, it's intriguing to have again the off the tape here. You're like, Wow, this is a big guy, but you know there's position functionality an athlete that that has the foot quickness to cut off a B gap or or get to the four technique to the second level with urgency, so that projects as some cool displacement, you know, as a tool for a blocker. And again that's that's why we keep talking about the human being tied to the play player because those type of things, you know, he has the ability to be really good at with a lot of deliberate work and motivation to do so those nuances, he's totally fit to to really do well in our footwork fundamentally, and we feel very confident he's willing to put in the work to master the craft.
Speaker 2: I mean Austin tarn key On Smith, Ryan Hayes, these guys were all in that same mold right, same with Connor and Rob and Isaiah on the inside. It's a non negotiable to player. You have to fire off the football. It's critical to this offense in the play action game and making every snap, run game or pass game look the exact same. So Greer and McDaniel said that he will start as a tackle, but they never want a pigeonhole a player into a spot. And McDaniel jokingly said when Greer said, hey, he could he could play center if if Mike wants him to and he said, could to a see over him. It's a big center. Yeah, six seven is probably too big to play center. So that's all ingest there. So it sounds like tackle is the focus for now, is probably what it should be, and that's the only spot he played in college nearly three thousand reps, all of those at left tackle. You know, I'm not sure I understand the hand ringing over the idea of going tackle. We went through this with Cam Smith and cornerbacks last year, and then by day two of camp we were down multiple cornerbacks and realized, oh, we need some cornerback help, which you know, Camp didn't play last year. But the again, the vision, the idea of the thought. You can see the process there behind that. We went through it last night with the edge rushers. I mean, do we not remember street free agent Brandon Shell starting half the season at right tackle in twenty twenty two. Do we not remember eighty percent of our offensive line being down for most of the month of December and playing with four backups on the offensive line. It's just wild to me how quickly we forget. But I digress for now. Premium positions if both Paul and chop hit. You get five and four good years because the five year fifth year option for a first round pick and obviously four years for a second round player at two of the four most expensive positions in the entire National Football League quarterback and wide receiver also in there, And there's clearly a focus here on upside. Frankly, I'm a huge fan of drafting impressive athletes with the idea that you can develop them down the road into the best versions of themselves. We didn't have that steady pipeline the last two years, with draft picks being so heavily traded away for veteran talent. And I like having Bradley Chubb, I like having Tyreek Hill. But to me, this signals the idea of sustained winning and trying to keep your pipeline fresh for years to come. We already have a top ten roster, so I obviously love that you can win now and build for the future and have players that kind of fit both that mold there. Because Patrick Paul's going to play this year, Guys like we had so many tackle reps last year that were lost to injury, Like he's gonna play.
Speaker 1: He's gonna play at some point.
Speaker 2: Speaking of all that, let's go ahead and go back to Chris career when I asked him the process of creating a developmental plan for a player you draft. Do you have that plan in place before you draft the player? Do you put it in when you draft him? Is it something you do in the summer during OTAs? How do you put together a plan for how to develop a player coming out of I.
Speaker 4: Think every player needs development would come in. So I think when we say that, it's just, you know, we don't think any player comes in ready made, no matter who it is, from the first pick to they all have something they need to work on. And so I think the good thing about Mike and the staff is that they're always it's always talked about development. Even with our guys that are starters here, it's still talking about developmental plans for anyone, whether it's Jalen Phillips or something. You know, it's always development and that's the core principle of Mike and his staff, and I think that's why you saw the jump in a lot of players ability and the things they've done on the field over the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Paul was a two time captain of Houston, the guy that would do their media days alongside Dania Holgerson in the preseason. He was a guy that other players in the team would go to for advice and guidance. Per Dane Brewers, the beast on the athletic, his draft guy that he puts out every year.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to close up the press or portion.
Speaker 2: I think McDaniel talking about the eagerness that Patrick Paul has to work and how coachable this young man is.
Speaker 5: He exhibited how you know, how easily it would be for him to immerse into what he needs to immerse into too, you know, adjust to our scheme and you know with it's it's rare when you get a guy that's focused on being great at a size and length that that he has, with the quick quickness and balance and athleticism too, uh to play the position on multiple levels. So that very confident that this is a guy, you know who The personnel department was way in front of this. We met with him at the combine and had him in here, so I spent a lot of time with him and he uh he shared some exuberance about wanting to be a dolphin. So he's he's all the way finds up right now.
Speaker 2: The last thing all note here, and I know that we got a lot of Houston Cougar tape grinders doing all the work out there telling you about this pick, but data Holgerson runs a very RPO heavy attack that has similar emphasis in terms of firing off the football and being quick and utilizing the run action step your playpass game and incorporates all different types of running schemes. More on that moment, but first, in fact, let's do it on the other side and go ahead and take our last break great here of the podcast, come back and do the data and the metrics and hear from Patrick and do a very brief look ahead to Day three of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft. That's Next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Before we get into the metrics and the PFF stats, I think the one thing you must must look at when evaluating prospects is the jumps they made year over year in college. And for Paul and you heard Greer mention, this twenty twenty three was vastly better than twenty twenty two, and I think you attribute that work to work and improvement technique or a technique improvement. I should say, he just he's a grinder and you'll meet him here in one second through the zoom call we did with him after he was drafted. There's a very lightheartedness and very excitable element to his personality. Now he'll have to learn how to play this offensive line here in Miami. It's a different system and tougher to learn, but once you get it down, it really becomes a benefit a scheme, an offensive line friendly scheme that McDaniel has constructed here in Miami. But he's gonna put the work in. This is a guy that's That's all he talked about is how coachable he is. And this coaching staff has several offensive line gurus on it like where that's probably that's a big reason why he wanted to come here. Frank Smith is that guy. He did that in New Orleans for a long time. Butch Barry is definitely that hit good. I love watching him. Coach Mike McDaniel is just that as a former run game coordinator. So I don't know. I just think trust those guys, But what the hell do I know? Some PFF data here for you guys, a ninety eight point nine pass block efficiency was tied for six in college football among all tackles. That means one point one percent of his pass sets he allowed a pressure.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. I mentioned the very.
Speaker 2: Run game reps that he ran eighty eight reps last year on inside zone, eighty nine reps on outside zone, and he also had sixty eight reps where he was either in power or counter.
Speaker 1: That's man gap scheme.
Speaker 2: This is all different types of schemes and techniques and running actions that you can you can dial up at the course of a game, and he's pretty well spread across all three. So maybe the run game emphasis and the run game technique, maybe there's a little more to chew on there in terms of just how ready he can be, but also the pass protection like ninety eight point nine pbe's that's tiron arms set level numbers right there. PFF also graded him a perfect one hundred percent in past blog grade on true pass sets. Those are non play action passe sets, so there's no deceiving the defense, straight dropback true passet typically third and long type of plays.
Speaker 1: No pressures allowed on those. You guys understand how crazy it.
Speaker 2: There's no pressure on true passe sets and twenty twenty three for Patrick Ball, they also gave him a ninety two grade in man gap scheme run blocking, something we saw Miami dabble more in in twenty twenty three, and in fact, I'm kind of learning this as I go on the podcast right now. We saw the Niners and the Rams last year dive more into into more man running schemes, and that's kind of been the I guess, the curveball in this Shanahan mcveag tree of this offense. And so maybe there's some thinking there with the Dolphins with Patrick Paul as well. He was great at a seventy two in zone blocking and this is the one right here the tracks with what Chris Greer said, forty two grade and negatively great run blocking plays, which just means when he loses, he loses pretty badly. And there are a good chunk of losses in that tape. But again that's the part of the technique and the coaching up aspect of all this, that when he gets all the technique right and you get him in the building and you get him playing Miami Dolphins football, they think they can negate that number significantly and get you more of that one hundred grade in the true pass blocking set or the ninety two grade in the man gap scheme blocking some more PFF numbers here. He exceeded eight hundred snaps in each of the last three years. Durability is great to have that. He allowed one sack this year and one sack last year. He allowed one QB hit this year and three QB hits last year, So that is is my mask's not very good yet. That's four five six times the quarterback was hit because of Patrick Paul in two seasons average of three per season. He allowed just seven hurries this season. That's nine pressures this year on four hundred and ninety six pass blocking snaps or a ninety eight point nine pass block efficiency.
Speaker 1: Very good in that regard.
Speaker 2: Their Draft Guide notes how they felt his posture improved in twenty twenty three, and I really like how that projects for the future of his growth and improvement in the National Football League. Just want to go ahead and pull up some Brandon Thorn notes for you guys. They Bleacher Report, great o line guru who does work with Masterminds and toront Arms as well. In Duke Mannyweather excellent length with tight clench and strong hands a tie up defenders once latched, good athletic ability with the necessary quickness and agilitia to get to landmarks and pass protection and intersect targets on the move. As a run blocker, cast a wide net with his length that helps him impede and slow down rushers who get his edges. Good stopping power and strain in his anchor to promptly dissipate the bull rush brings an edge chippy personality and finish this with the echo of the whistle. Love that part. Negatives upright playing south with an exposed chest and propensity to hold defenders due to late looping hand placement. The results in his hands landing high and wide on target. Needs to do a better job of maximizing length and keeping defenders at his fingertips rather than allow them access and to his frame. Kind Of on the same page as me here, Brandon Head dips into overextension on angle drive and base blocks against post snat movement across his face. Bad habit of drifting and oversetting on angled forty five degree sets, creating a soft inside shoulder against counter moves and can get a little bit lazy at the top of the quarterbacks drop, letting his pads rise before falling off inside move. So really interesting stuff there. It tracks we've heard from Greer, we heard from McDaniel. It's all kind of in that same frame of mind.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and close this podcast up with a couple of comments here from Patrick Paul himself. First off, I loved seeing him on the zoom because the smile on the face of this man matched everything both Chris and Mike spoke about with him. Here's Patrick Paul real quick on why my me was so attractive to him.
Speaker 3: During the whole process, I've talked to them multiple times. I remember talking to Chris at the Senior Bowl and it was a great conversation that me and him had. Just then moving on forward at the Combine, had a great interview with both of them, and then to the our thirty visit that we had. It was amazing, you know, really getting to spend that much time with them. I knew that I wanted to be coached by coach McDaniels and coach bush Berry, and it was amazing. It was something I knew from the minute I started talking to him that I wanted to be in Miami Dolphins. So this is a blessing.
Speaker 1: Nice sir, and I understand you actually have the same agent as Devon h Chan.
Speaker 4: How close are you two and what do you think about getting to block for him?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a great player. I watched him throughout his college career. We don't have a relationship yet, but that's gonna be my dog. I already know, you know. So I'm excited to get out there and I'm ready to get.
Speaker 2: To work, wanting to be coached by these guys wanting to play for the Miami Dolphins. I mean, how can you not love hearing that. It's so cool to hear a player that had his mindset on where he wanted to go. Let's go ahead and play one more here on what the Dolphins are getting in Patrick Paul.
Speaker 1: From the man himself, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be great. You asked, what do I bring it to the Miami Dolphins. I'm gonna bring a resilient player who's a great teammate, someone who's handles business in the locker room, outside the locker room, outside the facility. Someone who's gonna come inside or come every day with the same mindset, and that's the work, and that's to compete every day, be a great teammate, and I'm gonna bring it every day and help to end my career with the Miami Dolphins. So that's the goal.
Speaker 2: Talked about that last time with Chop Robinson. A great player, a great teammate, and locker room presidence. That's something this team will never ever, They'll never concede that that idea. There's going to be great characters in the locker room every single time. It's not tough to see why they love this young man. Vibrant personality, the eagerness is evident. He also said he was a martial arts enthusiast, which tracks with McDaniel saying how much he loves his hand use, good stuff all around. I cannot wait to watch this young man. And we're not going to do a day three options here. I just want to tell you about three players I like. Because there's sixty picks ahead of where we're gonna pick.
Speaker 1: I just want to go.
Speaker 2: I had mentioned three guys I like for the Dolphins here. Mason McCormick, the guard from South Dakota State, has a nasty temperament to play inside some good man gap scheme and outside zone. There as South Dakota State Louisville running back Isaac Garrendo four three to three speed home run hitter. If he's there on the board at any point, I would take him. Oregon State wide receiver Anthony Gold. Those are a few of my guys late in this year's drafts. Go ahead and close with this thought here, because look, I'm I'm on Twitter more than I want to be. I'll be honest about that, because I truly loathed that place these days, and especially now with like the you know, commercializing it and engagement farming and getting all these picks in bio tweets like thanks a lot elon, you ruined what was pretty cool man, But also some of the comments like terrible pick, window closing. Need players to win now, like what, man, wasn't the whole thing last night about the offensive line? And are you really out there grinding Houston tape? Do you really have a sense of if it was a good pick or not? And if you don't, why would you just like ask questions about it?
Speaker 1: I just don't. I'll never get that.
Speaker 2: And look, Simon Clancy, I respect his work as much as anybody hated the pick. Kyle Krabs didn't love it, and I respect their opinions that think the concerns they have are very valid, but they've also been wrong before.
Speaker 1: They could be wrong again.
Speaker 2: And I'm never gonna trust someone more than I trust McDaniel when it comes to the Dolphins offense. Remember they were number one last year. Remember that number one offense in the National Football League. I just can't fathom complaining about a pick and calling it awful because of the perception that you have about how quickly he can play or the position he plays, which baffles me. I thought we wanted offensive line or that you thought it was a reach. Dude, you don't know, Like I just can't with a terrible pick, Fire Greer, I can't believe we didn't take someone who can contribute right now. You don't know if he can or can't. You're projecting entirely with that. You don't know that right Like, voice your concerns, but just speaking in such finality, why what good does it do you? I don't know, man, we do this stuff every year, it feels like, and we never learned from it. I feel like, collectively, I just think that it's an adult thing to voice your concerns and have discourse and not just be miserable and crap on everything your team does. I saw one person say, Travis, you would have ripped the organization of Shreds for this before you got this job, and I would just say, no, you've never listened to me ever, because I did this job in twenty nineteen and I didn't take that approach then. I've always been one to tell you what I think might be a problem and voice those concerns and be depressed with you guys, and we lose big games, it hurts me to my core. But I also tend to focus on where it could be a hit, what the positives could be. And that's what I'll always do because this is this is a daily thing that we do here, and I don't think that your hobby should make you miserable. If you do that, you should find a new hobby. If you want constant negativity that's based around uninformed takes, go listen to the recently disbanded podcasts and you can find out there and that's where you can find those takes. So thin on that tomorrow we have four picks. A busy podcast might break it up into a couple of shows, so just be on the lookout for the Drive Time Podcast a couple more times. We are top two hundred on Apple this week, so I appreciate all the downloads and listen to and engagement. Keep doing that, keep goodness on the charts, gets out to more Dolphins fans, helps us get more exposure. We're gonna have McDaniel and Greer again at the conclusion of day three, so don't want to miss that'll be The podcast is going to look just like this, might have two of them opposed to one with four players opposed to one part nice Maybe two podcasts two players each.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe, rate, review, follow me on social and the Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities Dolphins Today, Chris and Mike at the Mike, all the Drive Time interviews we've done with free agency draft prospects, all that fun stuff up on the team YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Check out Miami Dolphins dot com for.
Speaker 2: The written stories on each of these prospects as well for yours truly and last, but not least that is Mimaiy Dolphins dot.
Speaker 1: Com, Caroline and Cameron Daddy, He's coming home. Almost Pretze fins up.