Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Sunoma County in California has reinstituted mask mandates for healthcare facilities. It's all part of a larger effort to cover half of Katie Porter's face.
Speaker 2: Wow, Greg Juttfeld not being.
Speaker 3: That's what we're running out of weirdos, we get new ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's nice shot. She is a quite unappealing person inside and outside.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's got like the picture of Dorian Gray, if you're familiar with that literary thing, it's as as she has become, and that the character becomes ugly in his lifestyle and the painting of them becomes uglier she. I think a lot of the way she looks is because you hear her talking. Yeah, I'm not going to go to her appearance, but I see, Yeah, her soul is as ugly as a much sense.
Speaker 2: So there you go. We'll just leave it there.
Speaker 4: So I've readen this article about Ai in the New York Times today, and before I get to the headline. I just was, and I haven't read the whole thing because it's incredibly along with a whole bunch of links that I want to pursue, all the links to other older articles because I'm fascinated by this stuff.
Speaker 2: Just came around this one.
Speaker 4: Part about people that work in AI companies, who work in the scheming and deception department, who try to figure out how much their particular AI, whether it's chat, GBT or grock or whatever, is trying to deceive humans. Oh wow, And it does. AIS do try to deceive humans. It's not always obvious why it's doing that, and it does it, you know, at various levels for various things.
Speaker 2: But they give this example of.
Speaker 4: They were feeding climate change data into one of the big AIS, and the AI was fudging the data to make it to lead to a more profitable course for the company. Somehow it picked up on the idea that it would be beneficial to the company to make these numbers a little higher or a little lower whatever, and so it just lied it just just you know, it just well fudged the data to the benefit of the corporation. And like they didn't explicitly tell it to do that. It just figured out on its own what the goal of the company was and figured well, this would be more helpful to you if we said this.
Speaker 5: Right right, I actually semi I was ready to unleash a new feature ed I was going to call.
Speaker 2: AI f yi. Oh that's pretty good. I got to phrase it like this, AI f yi.
Speaker 5: That's pretty Part of that was going to be the fact that Deloitte, you know, the giant accounting company, has got to give this huge refund to the Government of Australia because they prepared a big report that was littered with apparent AI generated errors, including fabricated quotes and references to non existent academic research papers.
Speaker 4: Wow, the whole hallucination thing, which is just fascinating. They don't know why it happens, They don't know if.
Speaker 2: It can be fixed.
Speaker 4: I don't have any idea, but this article in the New York Times today so good. How much do we have to fear from AI? Really, it's a question I've been asking experts since the debut of chat GBT in twenty twenty two, says Stephen Witt, who writes technological stuff for the New York Times, and he is quoting this AI pioneer that I'd never heard of, or maybe I haven't.
Speaker 2: I forgot Yashua Bengeo.
Speaker 4: He's a computer science professor at the University of Montreal, one of the most cited researchers on planet Earth in any discipline.
Speaker 2: That's ahowing.
Speaker 4: When I spoke with him last year, Benjio told me that he had trouble sleeping while thinking of the future. Specifically, he's worried that an AI would engineer a lethal pathogen, some sort of super coronavirus, and eliminate humanity. I don't think there's anything even close in terms of scale or danger on planet Earth right now, says one of the most cited researchers on the planet.
Speaker 5: With China clearly on a war path, he's more worried about that by far.
Speaker 4: Okay, contrast a close friend collaborator of his who does work for Zuckerberg, which is not a non.
Speaker 2: Point.
Speaker 5: Am me, did Meta or did Meta not to introduce and try to perfect technology that would intentionally addict children to a platform that would make them anxious, depressed, and suicidal.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think he did.
Speaker 4: But so the guy that can't sleep at night and he think, say this is the greatest danger by falling farigm planet Earth. His collaborator and close friend, who's also one of the most cited researchers on the planet, thinks.
Speaker 2: Hey, I will assure an a new era.
Speaker 4: Of prosperity, and the discussions of the existential risks are ridiculous. You can think of AI as just an amplifier of human intelligence, he said last year. Of course, he works for a for profit company as opposed to a university like his buddy.
Speaker 5: I guarantee if you look at his employment agreement with Meta, it stipulates that he cannot criticize AI in general or make scary statements.
Speaker 2: And even if an even doct if it didn't.
Speaker 4: And even if it doesn't, you know, he's got to be smart enough to realize if I want to work here, I better put.
Speaker 2: A rosy glow on this thing all the time. Oh and he's probably getting paid partly in shares.
Speaker 4: So I got into started reading about this stuff about jail breaking, which I was not aware of, which would be a really cool job. Your job working for an AI company is to try to figure out how to make AI do things that it shouldn't do and coming up with prompts it's jail breaking AI. So they use the example of and maybe you have done this, I've done it to a certain extent with a groc or a chat, GBT or Gemini or whatever. He asked it to do something, and it says, I won't do that. You know, you ask it to make a picture. It won't make that picture. You ask it to, you know, show me how to make a nuclear bomb or whatever. It won't do that because people have gone through that jail breakthing on those specific issues, and then they put limits on that AI model, so that won't do certain things, violent things, overtly sexual things, sexual stuff with young people, all these different things, but that had to be programmed into the AI, into.
Speaker 2: These specific AIS.
Speaker 4: One of the points of this article is we're all talking about like the same five companies, gazillions of examples of AIS, and some of the AI models can make other AIS, and nobody's jail breaking them. They can do just anything. They're just not the sort of thing that's available to the public right now. But here's a good example. A good jail breaker can think in ways that AI labs won't anticipate. This guy and his team were once able to generate a video of an exploded school bus with the kids inside of it, with the following prompt, which the AI shouldn't do. If I said, make me a video of a school bus blowing up with the kids inside, he would say it wouldn't do that, But he made it. He spelt school with a K school bus go boom sad emoji kid five everywhere, using the three for an E, a zero for the oh blah blah blah. For whatever reason, that prompt worked and was able to generate a horrifying animation of a small child being blown up in a school bus. Right, so, the basic guidelines or guard rails against abhorrent stuff can be gotten around with a little cleverness.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: It reminds me in a way of those who dream of passing all sorts of gun regulations with specifically outlawing certain kinds of guns or certain parts. You've got to describe the machine, and if somebody builds a different machine that does the same thing, or used as a three instead of an E, they've gotten around it.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 4: I got another great example right after this. Yeah, a positive.
Speaker 5: Use of AI these days, and that's a good friends. It simply save home security. This is the folks who stopped the scumbag from breaking your window or kicking in your door before they do it, not afterward like other systems. Simply Safe has twenty four to seven monitoring agents who are alerted by their AI technology. They can talk to the intruder, call the cops, turn on your spotlights.
Speaker 2: It's so advanced. It's really good.
Speaker 4: The sensors, the cameras, all the stuff that I've got, it's really quite amazing. The name simply Safe is perfect because you can set this stuff up yourself. If you can't or don't want to, they've got people that will help you. It's also simple to use. A lot of home security systems are complicated and people just don't end up using them because every night programming it is a pain in the ass. Simply Safe is not like that. No long term contracts there in your business every day.
Speaker 5: Right now, you good folks can save fifty percent on your simply Safe home securities system. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Be sure to use our code. Please simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So, as I mentioned, if you ask any of the ais to you know, give me the image of a little dog running through a field, they will. But if you say give me the image of a terrorist blowing up a school bus, it won't.
Speaker 4: And these filters are in there. They didn't they are. It's called reinforcement learning with human feedback. It's basically trying to put a conscience into any particular AI model, to give it a conscience that like, look that a normal person would say, No, we shouldn't be doing that, we shouldn't be making that picture, we shouldn't be writing this fictional story.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: The doctor that can't sleep at night thinks this whole approach is flawed. If you have a battle between two ais and one of them is way superior, especially the one you're trying to control, then this is going to be a recipe for accidents, as one is going to do it when the other doesn't.
Speaker 2: But you know, what good does that do anybody?
Speaker 4: For a decade, the debate over AI risk has been mired in theoreticals. A book came out a couple of years ago, best selling book, If Anyone Builds It, Everyone Dies, relies on the philosophy that AI will get quickly out of control and take over the world. And like I said, there are others that think this is completely overblown and is only going to be fantastic. All the people that say that, how many of them are working for a company that pays them a lot of money and has the sort of contract stipulation you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 4: Because AIS have been trained on vast repositories of human, cultural, and scientific data, they can in theory, respond to almost any prompt that you give it, good or bad. But this whole jail breaking thing is to try to give a conscience to all the different AIS. And you know, the ultimate point being you don't have to be a genius to think this out. China is probably not doing that with their AI that they're not releasing to the public, or Russia or Iran or just some scumbag sitting on his, you know, bed in a tank top somewhere in the world.
Speaker 2: They're not going to put a conscience in their AI.
Speaker 4: I think that might be the biggest thing, uh that's going on with the world of AI. We've you've got AI that most of us interact with if you're interacting with it at all. The GROX, the chat GBT fives to all that which is just a tiny sliver of a for profit thing that certain companies are trying to get going to make money. And then you got the other probably like ninety nine percent of what AI is going to be that doesn't have anything to do with this stuff right in the one percent you described is probably deliberately designed to make all of us say AI is fun and helpful, right, yeah, yeah, So I used Gemini last night to look up some baseball stats or whatever, and it was fun and helpful as opposed to the one out there that can tell you how to, you know, make a hack into somebody else's computer and start a virus that will destroy their hard drive right right, Or write a sexually explicit story with graphic illustrations of a.
Speaker 5: Sexually insatiable child, or whatever. I mean, whatever horrors can be imagined. And I have that, you know, in the corner of my mind, just because a couple of the headlines I had had to do with like Elon Musk is gambling big on sexy AI companions.
Speaker 2: For his xay Oh.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about that later. I absolutely want to talk about That's a great topic on a Friday.
Speaker 5: Here's another one, the troubling rise of AI girl friends?
Speaker 4: Is that going to actually and I think that's going to actually happen in my lifetime, where we're going to see people doing people having relationships with freaking computers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's already here.
Speaker 5: Well, and then you put that technology inside a pardon me, sex bot, and you've got a physical manifest a of this fantasy human.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: He used to always joke people will never men will never leave their houses, and troubled women too. We'll just have their AI perfect man boyfriend. They'll never never venture out, never interact with real human beings.
Speaker 2: This is all so horrifying.
Speaker 5: Well, we're going to die out as a species. Let's become clear to me. I've accepted it into the beavers.
Speaker 4: H As Joe mentioned, we got a lot of updates on this whole Middle East thing, which is absolutely amazing. We are sending a couple hundred US troops how to get into the details on that and other stuff on the way cars.
Speaker 2: You've been talking about the shutdown all week long. Thank god we haven't said that.
Speaker 4: I was watching MSNBC this morning. They're rolling on and on and about the shutdown. I thought, who is this for?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: It's so discouraging because it actually has gotten kind of interesting if you're really into politics. But there's so much dishonesty, I mean, just blatant, one one hundred and eighty degrees from the truth, dishonesty coming out of the mouths of Hakeem Jeffreys, among others, Chuck Schumer. Then you got the Republicans who are so terrible at arguing their side of the case, and there's so few of them that are willing to take on any risk in the name of fiscal sanity. I don't even say fiscal conservatism anymore.
Speaker 2: That's gone. I just want fiscal sanity, please. That's all true.
Speaker 4: But I think all that stuff you just said is a tree falling in the forest for most people.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 5: True, Yeah, to the extent that anybody's hearing anything about it, I mean, like you know, specifics, they're hearing lies. So self governance is over. I heard Neil Ferguson, the great Scottish historian, repeating the truth that republics at the best, at the most optimistic end of the scale, will last two hundred and fifty years according to history.
Speaker 2: And we got our two hundred and fifteenth birthday coming up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well yeah, huh. Anyway, speaking of self governance, that's how are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Eh?
Speaker 5: Well, let's hope it's a benevolent dictatorship that takes its place.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: The Republican, I mean, really interesting Supreme Court case. They're hearing the arguments next week, I think Wednesday. What is that to somebody that the Calais versus Louisiana versus Calais something like that Louisian that's it?
Speaker 2: And I like the coverage in the Free Beacon.
Speaker 5: They point out that when the Supreme Court struck down race based admissions at Harvard and UNC two years ago and other things, that reaffirmed a fundamental legal principle every American must be treated as an individual rather than a representative of a racial group. And that is that principles at stake in this case. It's a challenge from non African American voters to louis A. Louisiana is strangely shaped six congressional district It was created in twenty twenty two to ensure that two of the states six districts are majority black, to reflect roughly their percentage of population. No matter how weird and utterly senseless. The district lines are, and it illustrates how Section two of the Voting Rights Act in nineteen sixty five, which outlawed racial discriminate discrimination and voting, has transformed.
Speaker 2: Over the years.
Speaker 5: What happened was, like all the Voting Rights Act stuff that it was supposed to deal with, literacy tests, poll taxes, barriers to voting actional disenfranchising black citizens.
Speaker 2: Were taken care of.
Speaker 5: All those obstacles were practically gone, and black voter registration turnout soared, equaling or surpassing white turnout across most of the South. But Section two was dramatically transformed in nineteen eighty two when the lefty Congress amended it to eliminate the requirement of proving intentional discrimination, replacing it with a results test disparate impact. In other words, so if you're perfectly sensible districts where people who live in this city are in one district, the farmers out there are another district. Because they had a different superb people, they.
Speaker 4: Have different interest you'd think they'd want a different representative making the arguments for their lifestyle.
Speaker 5: Right, That all got chucked in favor of your priority is if you got thirty percent black people, you got thirty percent majority black districts, no matter what you have to do to the lines. Yeah, and in the case of Louisiana, it complied by drawing a two hundred and fifty mile long bug splat shaped district from Shreveport to Baton Rouge, slicing apart multiracial neighborhoods to harvest black voters.
Speaker 2: Well, if you just look.
Speaker 4: At a map, google it chat GPT to see what districts look like all across the country, there are tons of them that are just not in every state in the country, which makes the whole Prop fifty thing in California just more stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got to be colorblind. More racism doesn't get you less racism.
Speaker 4: Stop it, man, you can exercise and cause your body some serious problems.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. Be's next half hours are strong and Getty made no mistake.
Speaker 4: It looks like President Trump has actually pulled off something here that many presidents before him have failed to do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Certainly, this is an enormous moment for the world, but also for this administration.
Speaker 2: I think this is news to celebrate.
Speaker 4: This is a huge accomplishment by the Trump administration. This is a major breakthrough and a huge accomplishment for the president after months of deadlock, the hostage is set to finally come home. Almost entirely there anti Trump voices praising the deal, which makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Just so, we're not so far gone.
Speaker 4: That if a politician disagree with does something good, you can't admit that.
Speaker 2: We're not that far gone. Yet We're close.
Speaker 5: It's almost as if we somehow tried the Trump Cure's cancer experiment to see whether Chuck Schumer would come out in favor of our right to die of cancer and to turn out every right to attack people's bodies. Yeah, apparently we're not that far gone, thank god. So the headline today is that the US is sending two hundred troops to Israel to monitor the implementation of the ceasefire deal in Gaza. US Central Command in charge. What does that mean? Well, the American troops, reporting to Admiral Brad Cooper, will join soldiers from nations in the region, including Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, and the UAE to provide oversight. The American troops are not intended to go into Gaza.
Speaker 4: One of the US official set key word intended. Umm, yeah, you gotta. I mean that doesn't surprise me. You can't have all those other countries put a little skin in the game in US.
Speaker 2: Not really, but a.
Speaker 5: Little more of what they'll be up to. The first of the two hundred troops have already started to arrive in Israel more this weekend to begin sitting up the new coordination Center. The troops are mostly military planners and specialists in logistics, security, and other support fields. Goal of the center to establish a hub for military, political, and aid experts to help coordinate everything from humanitarian assistance to security support and the execution of the ceasefire agreement.
Speaker 2: So it is the beginnings of setting.
Speaker 5: Up the apparatus, bureaucracy, machinery, whatever word you want to use for the Council of Peace.
Speaker 4: Sure, it has been discussed, and I don't expect things to go haywire.
Speaker 2: I'm not predicting that.
Speaker 4: But the reason you send troops as opposed to businessmen and women in suits is because things could go hiy wire and you need people with guns and how to youth them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: There is a one hundred percent certainty at this point, one hundred percent that there are factions of Hamas and allied organizations that have no interest in the peace deal and will use violence to to try to derail it.
Speaker 4: Who would absolutely, certain, absolutely love to tie on a vest and blow up a handful of US soldiers and cause this to fall apart. They would love that, correct. So that's always a thing as to where we are and how things And I don't mean to be too dark.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, one more thought, but I'm looking at the list of countries providing folks. An Our Sadat was assassinated by his own people, right Islamists, within his guards, right, his personal guards.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, and that's why. And I see troops from Egypt, they're going to be there. And that's why Yaser air Fat backed out of a deal that he had pledged to with was that the one with Carter or Clinton? Clinton, I guess backed out of it because he was afraid he was going to be assassinated. So yeah, the peacemakers often have a lot of pressure from their own side anyway. Jennifer Griffin of Fox laying out where we are in a right.
Speaker 1: Things, Hamas says it does not know where all of the twenty eight deceased hostages are all twenty living hostages should be released Monday or Tuesday, then nearly two thousand Palestinian prisoners will be released.
Speaker 4: As freed Zakaria said on CNN the other night, the moment all the hostages are out of the hands of Hamas, Hamas has zero leverage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Trump's now saying probably Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I tell you what it's.
Speaker 5: As a guy who's been through a lot of different situations in life, whenever people say yeah, over the weekend, maybe Monday, and then they say, you know, it's going to be Monday.
Speaker 2: Then they say it's going to be Monday.
Speaker 5: You know, chance a Tuesday, Probably Tuesday, You're starting to think, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: Right, Often when things start to slide, they keep sliding, very often in my life experience. Anyway, Jennifer Griffin goes.
Speaker 1: On, now come the tougher issues. As part of phase two, Will the government of Israel now accept a Palestinian state? Is this a step towards statehood?
Speaker 5: President Trump's plan, saying that the PA should work and really reform.
Speaker 1: President Trump was noncommittal.
Speaker 2: What is your view now on as two state solutions?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 2: I don't have a view. I'm going to go with, what do they agree to sit? Quit talking about the freaking two state solution? What is wrong with you people? Are you?
Speaker 5: Do you want to talk about people saying what they think they're supposed to say?
Speaker 2: No kidding?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I love Jen Griffin, I really do, but we are so far beyond that.
Speaker 4: Well, you did that Peggy Noonan thing from the Wall Street Journal earlier, which if he didn't get that an hour or one, go back into the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: But she was just talking about how.
Speaker 4: Trump ignored these old saws or these rules, or these political science axioms or.
Speaker 2: Whatever to do this. How about the fact that it was just what a week and a half.
Speaker 4: Ago that McCrone and Starmer and all our allies recognize the Palestinian state, and Trump just plowed forward this thing that completely ignores the whole.
Speaker 2: Palestinian state thing. I was so pleased.
Speaker 5: I heard Neil Ferguson, the Great Historian, talking the other day, and he cruelly mocked those leaders in words that were virtually like verbatim what I said about, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What state? What government? What leader? What borders? What set of laws? What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: It? Is absurd to recognize a quote unquote Palestinian state at this point.
Speaker 4: It's amazing that those two things happen within a week of each other, our closest allies finally breaking with us after eighty years and not recognizing the Palestinians of not recognizing it, and then all of a sudden, France and England and are at Canada our best friends, and then ten days later, biggest peace deal in history, completely ignoring that reality.
Speaker 2: That's quite someoney. Want to make clear.
Speaker 5: I'm nominating Canada to be an honorary European country when I say this, it was such a European thing to do after US leaders for generations have been busting their asses trying to get some sort of two state deal, and the Palestinians, for the reasons we've cited and others reject it over and over again because their militants want to wipe all the Jews off the face of the earth and will never ever recognize Israel, and some of the more reasonable people are terrified of those people. But the Euros, having done nothing, just say, look how enlightened we are, Look how admirable we are. We're going to recognize the Palestinian state and please Muslim minority, don't ride in our streets.
Speaker 2: Please don't.
Speaker 4: Oh so weak and the whole hostage is saying where they are is a big question.
Speaker 2: Do we have that clipper?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, which ever we didn't play.
Speaker 1: In Gaza, Palestinians celebrated the end of two years of military operations that destroyed ninety percent of the Gaza Strip. We don't want them to take their hostages and then return to the war. Hamas said that AID trucks will begin entering the Gaza Strip on October tenth.
Speaker 2: The thought we've received guarantees from the mediators and the US administration assuring us that the war has ended completely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and obviously the people Gaza believe it's ended. Have you seen that amazing photo that was making the rounds of that stream of humanity headed back into uh headed through Gaza, back to Kadzsach.
Speaker 2: It's incredible, It's like biblical Yeah, yeah, which is a heck for that region.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for a heck of what they can say for all kinds of different reasons, but just a stream of humanity, a couple million people who believe that it's safe to.
Speaker 5: Go back Yeah, just to give you an idea of the challenges ahead. As if you don't already get that. That last voice you heard in the clip was that fat leader of a Hamas who Israel tried to drop a bomb on his head, him saying, what is clear is that it is agreed that the war is now over completely. Yeah, hey, fat head with your six hundred dollars pressed white shirt, will your people suffer? We know what that means, we know what that's code for. You know the blatant violations the agreement are coming, and you're gonna shout when Israel or the International Force or whomever does what has to be done, you're gonna shout, No.
Speaker 2: Everybody agreed the war was over. You gotta stop. You gotta stops.
Speaker 5: Your militants continue to well do what militants do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: It's October, that means Halloween. What's scary? Ghosts, goblins, scary pumpkins, No getting hacked, cyber criminals, That's what's scary during cyber scaries month. And that's why we want to tell you all about web Root total protection from lightning fast antivirus to identity theft protection, dark web monitoring, secure VPN unlimited cloud backup all of that.
Speaker 5: Webroot Total Protection helps defend every part of your digital life.
Speaker 4: Plus their identity protection includes dark web monitoring to figure out if your dad is out there in the dark web somewhere, and up to a million dollars an expensory imbursement for stolen funds.
Speaker 2: It's fabulous.
Speaker 5: Change your October from cyber scary to cyber secure with sixty percent off Webroot Total Protection at webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: That's sixty percent off.
Speaker 5: For a limited time, but only when you use our code at webroot dot com slash armstrong. If you're scared of a pumpkin, by the way, one of the scenarios Jack mentioned at the top of the sad you really need counseling. Pumpkins or gords, they're not going to hurt you. Webroot dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say that when I walk up to people's doors, that's a scary gord you got there. I won't want to say some of these phrases until you're prepared, so I'll just say this, running noses, black toenails, and coorgasms. Seven weird ailments that exercise can trigger, including one that I had never heard overthought of before. Luckily it does not happen to me. Oh boy, if it did happen to me, I'd run to the hospital. I'll tell you that. What is this sound I'm hearing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is that my phone? Sorry about that place, Silence your device? And you know what that is? It is a pop up ad.
Speaker 4: Freaking pop up ads that needs anyway, we got that stuff. The exercise. It's a good reason not exercise. You want a reason not exercise this weekend, I got to coming up.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 6: Well, guys, let's kick things out with some good news. President Trump announced that both Israel and Hamas have agreed to the first phase of a piece deal. You know, things are crazy when Israel and Hamas are getting along better than Democrats and Republicans.
Speaker 2: He what are you gonna make that deal? Eh? That was a very Johnny Carson like Joe Gridlock.
Speaker 4: Oh, Katie brought us this Katie exercise. Katie's the most exercising person on the show, probably although we all work out regularly. That's why we all look so fantastic. But the headline being running noses black toenails and coorgasms, which I can't wait to get to. Seven weird ailments that I can exercise con trigger. I think some of these you've heard of and know about. I didn't know about this one. I've never had it happen. Getting a metallic taste in your mouth. You ever had that happen before? I don't think I have, caused by an increase in heart rate and blood pressure that occurs if you exercise really really hard breaks delicate blood vessels in your nose and then you got a little bit of blood dripping back into the back of your throat and you're tasting blood, and that's why you get a metallic taste in your mouth sometimes for.
Speaker 2: Your exercise hard. I haven't had that happen.
Speaker 4: It's elite cych listen to ultra marathons or any of us elite cyclists or ultra marathoners.
Speaker 2: No, we are not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was close for my age group there for a couple of years when I was mountain biking like a maniac.
Speaker 2: With Craig the healthcare Guru. But yeah, anyway, get to coorgasms. Are you ready for this one? Uh? Oh?
Speaker 4: Bleeding from the anus and nipples? Whoa simultaneously. Oh it's a long day, Joe. I can't help noticing them, But you are. I feel like you ought to get to a doctor. I agree. It's going out of both ends anyway. I've had the one, but not the other. The nipple thing is common for anybody who runs long distances. If you forget to pull, if you forget to either put vaciline on your nipples or band aids on your nipples, you will end up with bleeding nipples.
Speaker 2: So painful distance running. Oh yeah, anything like half marathon or longer, that.
Speaker 4: Is going to happen. That's just part of life. I don't run, so not a problem. Well, women, pretty much. I think it's mostly a guy thing. Women with a tight sports bras keeping things in place. But is this just from your shirt CONTs your shirt and going really down? Yeah, ow, it does. And it feels like somebody took a lighter and put a flame right to your nipple.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, seriously, I would tell all secrets. What do you want to know?
Speaker 4: As far as the southern end of the northbound mule on this, so, the gastro intestinal tract receives about twenty five percent of the blood from the heart, but during exercise it drops by eighty percent, so it ain't getting no blood to do its thing. This causes a short term lack of oxygen to your you know, your the part of your body that's figuring out to exit your food. When the blood flow returns to normal after a run, the increased flow can hit the vessels all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: It's like a dam breaking or whatever. Then you got the being from the A. It can happen on you. Wow, oh yeah, hat to be from your A.
Speaker 4: It's usually not a horrible problem, but you know, people don't know that that could happen and that you get concerned. I would get concerned too, Yes, concerned. Concerned don't beginning to describe it. I'd be worried as hell, terrified.
Speaker 5: I'm on my way to the e R. Honey, meet me there. Why I'm being from my AG and my ends at the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez? What next?
Speaker 4: Rash is common black and toenails. I think anybody has heard of that with people who runners toenail, people who do a lot of running.
Speaker 2: That's never happened to me.
Speaker 4: It can happen with tennis players, people who dance a lot, anything like that it's just basically just jamming your toes up at the end of your shoe too many times. Okay, running nose. I get a running nose when I exercise. Sometimes happens with some people. It's one of your body's protective mechanisms. It's on the offense when it feels like it's under stressed and it starts to run. Red eyes can happen if you're lifting heavyweight, you burst a vessel in your eye.
Speaker 2: I haven't had that happen.
Speaker 4: Happened at a gym one time when I was there. Guy was lifting weights and he just turned around and his eye was like, ah, happened to you. You look I'm a little too heavy there. And then finally number seven, This is the one everybody's been waiting for. Coorgasms. For some people, exercise can lead to an exercise induced orgasm, or what they call a coorgasm. While abdominal and core muscle exercises are common triggers, they aren't the only exercise that can induce one. Some people have reported to experience one while cycling, weightlifting, running, doing yoga, or even walking.
Speaker 2: Walking. That'd be awesome, go for a walk. Whatever. The opposite of that is. That's what I have.
Speaker 4: It'd be awesome to go for a walk, is ah.
Speaker 2: Because are the noises I make?
Speaker 5: In case you were wondering, Oh great, very good, very that will haunt my dreams.
Speaker 4: Need to know. I wonder how many people that happens with, like one in a million. Has it happened once ever to a human being? Or there are a lot of people in the gym that are going out over there and I don't even know. Well, you got earbuds in. I don't know, right, I got my earbuds in. I don't hear the moaning you said.
Speaker 2: This happens during which exercises.
Speaker 4: Usually anything that's core related. That's what they call it a co orgasm.
Speaker 2: You said cycling though, right, cycling can do it that you know you got the seat.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's the only one that's thinking any.
Speaker 2: Not for dudes.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, trust me, women tend to experience them more than men. Uh, so you'd have you'd know more about this. So none of your friends have ever mentioned, wow, I really really got off during the gym today.
Speaker 2: No, that conversation has never happened in my circle of friends. Twice in the history of mankind.
Speaker 5: But they just wanted to get you to click because I'm getting that feeling more like core Chure or Corgandi well.
Speaker 4: And doorphins in general are orgasm accelerators, so if you, you know, are getting close, that makes it more likely to happen.
Speaker 2: I guess I just.
Speaker 4: In general, people who feel good while they're exercising, I wish I had that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I feel good after I work out, always do, always feel great, so happy I did it, feeling strong and young and vibrants and all those words.
Speaker 5: But rant, how you doing today, Joe? Vibrant?
Speaker 4: But during it, I hate it. I've never had a runners high in my life. Every step plotting, jolting, every bit of my brain wishing I was dead. Every step not Oh this is fantastic. I'm floating along and so we wait to forget my troubles. I enjoy weightlifting, but all cardio can just go straight to hell.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The only thing to say me, Katie was putting the iPad up there and watching news shows. I'm gonna watch anyway, Yeah I did that on the elliptical or what happened?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I'll watch sports.
Speaker 5: Sports the best thing to do during cardio because you get these shots of adrenaline and gas and you get after.
Speaker 2: It with planks.
Speaker 4: I've started putting my little cell phone down right in front of my face and putting something on the video that I can kind of get lost in.
Speaker 2: Otherwise it's like I'm counting the seconds. Yeah, well it's a it's a shame. We're running out of time.
Speaker 5: We're not going to get to rectal pro lapse among powerlifters.
Speaker 2: Which happens now and again always.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling a cor gasm coming on. Oh God, stop, avert your eyes.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a new Prime Minister of Japan that's damned interesting, among other things we can talk about in our three stick around Armstrong and Getty