Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jettike and now he Armstrong and Yetty. What do you think? How'sh your we kid? Looking good? Fantastic? Glad to hear it. My son doesn't my birthday boy. He doesn't like cake, doesn't want a birthday cake his first year. He's old enough to just say out loud, don't give me a cake. I don't like like cake. I've never really liked cake either. I like it, I'll eat it, but.
Speaker 1: Let me eat cake. To paraphrase Marie Antoinette, who if.
Speaker 2: I got it? Ten choices for assert and one of them's cake, probably going to be a bunch of other things. I choose ahead a cake. I think my mom made a birthday pie a couple times. Mmm, the ultimate dessert. Yes, a cake would not be at the top of my list, right would. It would probably be a pie, A pie dressed up by ice cream even better.
Speaker 1: I like cheesecake, but that's not really cake. I love cheesecake cheesecakes. A pie, isn't it, folks? Or is it like the taco which I've long maintained as a sandwich. It's a hybrid, it's an in between her. Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: I will almost always order bread pudding if that's an option. You have never had any idea what you're gonna get because it varies so much.
Speaker 1: But bread pudding with a nice sauce drizzled on it, that's that's top of the heap, right there.
Speaker 2: Man, Yes, sir, oh that's right. We're doing a show.
Speaker 1: Let's get down to business to deal with I was talking about this with my kids the other day because we were at a fancy restaurant and we're talking about getting dessert.
Speaker 2: This was for my birthday, and my seventh grader said, I'd really I'd rather have a mcflory because there was a McDonald's we passed on the whole of the restaurant, and I was having the conversation that I often have. There's lots of desserts like that that if you serve that at a fancy restaurant and up the price and gave it a different name, people say, oh, this is good. Have you had the you know, give it an Italian name something or other at a fancy restaurant, mcflury's freaking awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I haven't had one in many years because I'm not a child, so I don't know that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, man, remember our old sales guy friend Tim, who used to say he always wished they'd offer the back. Then he called it the one dollar dessert. Maybe now you need to call it the three dollar dessert, but just a smaller portion. I'd like dessert, but I don't need a piece of cake the sides of my head or whatever it is you're going to bring me that costs fifteen dollars. So if we all get dessert, you know, we've just increased the bill by fifty bucks. Can we just get, like, you know, a couple of bytes of one of these things for a couple bucks.
Speaker 1: Well, a dessert and dessert in three forks or four forks or whatever it is one way to approach it.
Speaker 2: But hey, Katy, you got to help me with this. What's what's the cake that's.
Speaker 1: Got like the chocolate sauce and stuff, the volcano cake or lava cakes? Yeah, yeah, oh now that's a good cake, right.
Speaker 2: I'm I was afraid to burn my tongue. I've never had it just sounds so hot. But is the reason they don't offer just a little nibble of everything. It's just that it'd be it's such a profit center to have people order the dessert and charge a lot for it.
Speaker 1: And now I'll bet there's data on its a guy who's in the like the umbrella management of restaurants world, and how it's amazing to me. It's you know, it's obvious when you think about it, but I never thought about how data driven it all is. How they have built in expectations about various days of the week, and the number of covers that they're going to serve, which is just restaurant term for people plates, and how carefully all.
Speaker 2: Of that is studied.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they absolutely could show you the spreadsheet of you know, percentage of diners who ordered desserts, how many are multiple desserts per table? And if you ordered the if you offered the little fellas, would you lose the profit from three different people wanting three different things?
Speaker 2: But I'm guessing that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So another thing I want to get to speaking of food this hour, is a little more on that whole ultra processed food thing. What does that mean? How can you tell of what your feed in your family is that? And also it's funny partly because of the Trump fever pitch of changes and orders and policies and tariffs and all. Did you realize the college CAMPI the alleged elite universities are every bit as cuckoo nuts pro hamas this year as they were last year.
Speaker 2: It's just not getting as much coverage.
Speaker 1: We could touch on that if we wanted, but first let's take a fond look back at the week there was.
Speaker 2: It's cow clips of the week, and we don't have time to kiss each those.
Speaker 3: Asses, which for the weak.
Speaker 2: America is back.
Speaker 3: Million dollars to promote lgbt q I plus in the African nation of Lesuto, which nobody has ever heard of.
Speaker 2: From the table, Wokeness is trouble. Wokeness is bad.
Speaker 3: It's gone, it's gone, and we feel so much better for it.
Speaker 2: Only don't we feel better? And now I want.
Speaker 3: Congress to pass a bill permanently banning and criminalizing sex changes on children.
Speaker 4: Make no mistake that this is just another version of state sanctioned bullying and genocide.
Speaker 2: Would you do something like that? Would you say no? Men and female sports? Well, it's I think it's an issue of fairness. I completely agree with you on that. Have you said thank you once?
Speaker 1: That is, he found every opportunity to try to Ukraine's plain on every issue.
Speaker 2: So I'm not hearing from you, mister president. Thought that you owe the president and apology.
Speaker 1: I think that we have to be very open and very honest. Are the Europeans willing to stand up for themselves?
Speaker 2: We must not give in to any exist.
Speaker 5: Pray, listen, this trend, if you all trying to get thrown out of committee so you can get on.
Speaker 2: ABC is going to end more. We're not gonna put up with it. What's the problem is that Democrats are on the wrong side of normal and you're going to continue to speak lies to his truth that ain't true. That's what you just heard. That's what you just heard. That's what you just saw.
Speaker 6: Trump adding a twenty five percent tax on all goods coming across the border, because if you've.
Speaker 3: Been influencing those decisions because of them are reaction. I'm not even looking at the market shallow me.
Speaker 7: You know, winning for Best Picture and the Oscar goes to Honora's.
Speaker 3: Fifty thousand and two points.
Speaker 1: Far better is it to dare mighty things to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Speaker 2: Checkered by failure. The Armstrong and Giddy Show, that's that's a good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a couple of things on the oscars which I couldn't have told you for money, that were just this past Sunday. Adam Sandler is funny when he said hold on a second and he runs down to Timothy Shallowy Shallowy. Its just such an that means nothing but as funny. But that Anora movie. So, I haven't watched it. It's two hours long and it's about the sex industry. It's a dramedy, that's all I know about it. And it's about a yeah, sex worker who marries a retresh. Well, have you watch it? Uh? No, I just read it for it. So somebody told me the other day they watched it and the it's an The first hour is like watching a pornal, they said. It's just basically nothing but sex for an hour. They said, buck black because it's just an hour of sex. Then they really get into the you know, the plot. Yeah. One reviewer, a guy who I really respect.
Speaker 1: The one thing he said is, you know, if you like that sort of movie, it's a it's a pretty good one. But the idea that that's the best picture is just an indictment of movie making right now.
Speaker 2: Well, is it just they're thrilled with the idea of having something so sexual? Is I don't know. I'd have to watch it.
Speaker 1: I well, And a lot of the statements by people in support of it was all about humanizing sex work and sex work promoting their point of view. Yeah, I know, I know. So a couple couple of shat app is right. A couple of thoughts on cow. First of all, on language, loved Trump not adopting the language of the woke left and saying we're not going to have sex changes. On children, don't ever use terms like gender affirming care.
Speaker 2: Hell, don't even use gender unless.
Speaker 1: You're in front of kids, and saying there are only two sexes will make them giggle because the word sex sex changes for children is the terminology to you. Secondly, that one woke moron talking about the transgender thing saying it's it's bullying and genocide. Those people are gonna do for the word genocide what they did for the word racist, render it completely meaningless by calling everything genocide all the time. Thank them for doing my work for me. Yeah, exactly exactly the same thing. And secondly I appreciate it, or thirdly I appreciated James Comer in that hearing saying, look this thing where you get thrown out of a committee hearing so you can get on an MSNBC. It's got to end. Call it for what it is, Well done, James Charley. I gotta watch the Dylan movie. When's it gonna be on my TV? I don't want to go to a theater?
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, dug that.
Speaker 1: Favorite Bob Dylanton. People don't know, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Favorite Bob Dylan. I think unless you're not an obvious hit almost all of them. Yeah I suppose so, yeah, obvious hit and have I hit you mean popular Bob Doylon because he didn't really have many hits?
Speaker 1: No, No, but like saying the times they are changing, No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm highly annoyed by the early they got, you know, used in the civil rights movement.
Speaker 1: That really you can't appreciate them as song craft, even so soured by life.
Speaker 2: He didn't even he drove him nuts. So all he drives me is a fan nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, fair enough, mine's joker man. Love that song? Oh what time is it? Yeah, we gotta take a break, trying to think of my favorite deserted arrestaurant.
Speaker 2: Flowerless cake is a different kind of cake I will usually get if there's a chocolate flowerless cake. I love it. Dense as uranium. One bite and you need a cup of coffee or you're gonna die. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I take one bite and say, hey, take this back to the kitchen, put some flour in it.
Speaker 2: This is garbage. Okay, we got more on the way. Stay here. Coming up, We got to read from this New York Times story that just hit about this explosive meeting that happened to the White House where people had had enough of Elon Musk and a cabinet members and Times makes crap up all the time. But this is Maggie Haberman who's made some stuff up through Russia hoax, but Jonathan Swan, who I usually trust. And also it just rings true. It just sounds like I can believe it actually happened Rubio has had enough of your musk and you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Marco, isn't some big donor or Johnny come lately appointed at the first task, you know, and kind of obsequious.
Speaker 2: For a cable news show.
Speaker 1: No right, So, speaking of breaking new stuff, I was just jumped on Twitter to check something and the first thing I come across is this. This is the last time I'll ask, seriously, does anyone know what happened to Anne Hash?
Speaker 8: What this is?
Speaker 1: Set the top of your mind of all the topics, or you could google it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's some information out there somewhere, but you can't gather by the radio every day hoping someday we'll talk about whatever happened Anne.
Speaker 1: Hash, unless you're Anne Hash's sibling or mother of what the hell show you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Mention mentioned this earlier that more than half of American's diets are these ultra processed foods and it's really not good for you, and a big news study says that it's just about it's not I can't remember, it's it's more than half at home as well as eating out, and a lot of people assume it's all fast food that is the problem here, but it's not, and they hand along a healthy definition. Ultra Processed foods are industrial formulations.
Speaker 2: Oh, industrial formulations, mom.
Speaker 8: That's yummy.
Speaker 1: That contain substances with little or no nutritional values, such as colorings, immulsifiers, artificial flavors, and sweeteners. Examples include packaged snacks, sugary cereals, chips, hot dogs, prepackaged hot dogs.
Speaker 2: No, now, yes, now, you hurt my feelings. Look at nitrate rockets. They've called them that for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Beef, isn't there some No? No, no, well, yes, there's the one hundred percent of the meat in it is beef, not one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Of the hot dog. The rest of it is emulcients or whatever that word was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, colorings and multifiers, artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, rocket fuel, whatever else so helps.
Speaker 2: And you know worse, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Examples include package snacks, sugar, cereals, chips, hot dogs, prepackaged meats, prepackaged meals, and many types of bread.
Speaker 2: I contrast you, Yes, I can't tell you how many days of my life I have eaten only probably ultra processed food, maybe, like certainly as an adult, maybe two thirds of my days on earth. Yeah, yeah, not good.
Speaker 1: My contrast, minimally processed foods include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, eggs, milk, and other foods that undergo minimal processing like freezing or simple packaging without adding substantial ingredies.
Speaker 2: My brother said, the last time we all got together as a family, he said, I think I had a vegetable once in the nineties. He ate some vegetable just so Sam might eat vegetables when Sam was little, But other than that, he hasn't had a vegetable since the early nineties. And he's alive for his colon.
Speaker 1: And they make the point that minimally processed foods, this is the good stuff, tend to be more expensive, more perishable, less available in some communities, and require more cooking skills or pre planning. By contrast, ultra processed foods are easier and faster to prepare, often less expensive, and more shelf stable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. For me, it's the last longer stable part that sucks me in. I don't live in a food desert, thank god, where I don't have access because I'm a white guy. They made sure any white guys in this neighborhood, and let's put a grocery store in here.
Speaker 8: Yay.
Speaker 2: And it's not the expense, because it's only slightly more, but the fact that you know, it can sit in a box in the pantry for two months and you open the plastic bag and it's still perfectly fine. It's pretty handy, and you buy fruits and vegetables. You gotta eat them this weekend nor they're ruined.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Or the stuff can sit in the freezer for the rest of your natural life and your grandchildren in the year twenty You know, with twenty one forty, you'll open it up and say, hey, these hot pockets are pretty good. They haven't been manufactured for one hundred and ten years, but they're tasty tastes just like pepperoni. Anyway, the college kids are still completely nuts. Maybe we can get to that. You want to do the crypto thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We got a week and stuff into the rest of the show. Elosive New York Times story I want to read from, well, the explosive New York Times. It's gossip mostly, although not completely, because it hasn't everybody been wondering when's the Trump thing? The Elon Trump thing blow up. It's got to it at some point, right, doesn't it sure to? Anyway, this is some pretty good gossip among the things we got on coming up. If you miss a segment or now, or just get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: Elon has been really teaching everybody about the numbers that you can do. But what I want is I want the numbers, but I also want.
Speaker 2: To keep the good people.
Speaker 9: We want to get rid of the people that aren't working, that aren't showing up and have a lot of problems. And so they're working together with Elon, and I think we're doing a really great job.
Speaker 2: Trump announcing yesterday that cabinet secretaries can keep whoever they want to keep if they're doing a good job. That's being read by some people as a bit of reigning in Elon's power. Elon, as I've said many times, is the only name in the last ten years that can rival Trump's for its ubiquitousness. At least in the last three weeks. I hear about Elon multiple times a day. Got an article in the Wall Street Journal today about how Tesla stock is down. They have a bunch of anecdotal quotes from people who are talking about selling their Tesla's as lefties because they're so embarrassed. It's like where it's like driving a giant MAGA hat, said one liberal.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever, Yeah, you're some statistics that made us seem pretty significant. That yeah, change in the marketplace. I don't doubt it. I mean it was, well, it was a virtue signal to start with.
Speaker 2: There's no reason Tesla should be the most valuable car company in the world, no reason whatsoever, but it is even today. And so much of that was I want to be on the side of green energy and blah blah blah. And if it was a virtue signal, now that Elon is the number one MAGA supporter financially on planet Earth, you know, took a lot of the fun out for some people. Then you got Elon come in and run doge and everything like that, and trying to figure out, you know, just in his observer what his role is. He's not a cabinet secretary, how much power does he have. Well, maybe we learned a little something in the last couple of days. New York Times with an article today, and you got to take everything the New York Times writes with a grain of salt, because they've had a lot of crap over the years, but this is not surprising. Inside the explosive meeting where Trump officials clashed with Elon Musk, simmering anger at the billionaire's unchecked power spilled out in a remarkable cabinet room meeting. The President quickly moved to rain in, mister Musk, I just think that opening phrase unchecked power. According to who, he doesn't have any legitimate unchecked power. It doesn't even legitimate power whatsoever. So how do you call it unchecked if he doesn't actually have any power?
Speaker 1: Well, and how do you know it's not being checked? I mean, that's just a crocker crap it is.
Speaker 2: I'll read from the article Marco Rubio and sensed here he was in the cabinet room of the White House, the Secretary of State, seated beside the President and listening to a litany of attacks from the richest man in the world. All right, already, I'm pissed off at the New York Times. Why do you always have to put why does everybody who hates Elon always have to point out he's the richest man in the world. Why, I mean, what are you trying to say with that phrase? I think we all know, we do all know, and it's dumb. You're trying to claim that because he's the richest man in the world, we should be extra skeptical of his opinion or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, what the or assum's evil actually more interested? Well, it's a very interesting thing, I'll grant that, But is it really more interesting and more descriptive than the most innovative engineer of our generation, Oh, the most important figure in space exploration since NASA? How about the man who built the most valuable car company on Earth. The sheer fact of his wealth ain't the significant part to me.
Speaker 2: No, I was telling and it's interesting, my uh, I have to keep my voice done because he's right out there. My seventh grader doesn't like Elon because of Elon's got all these kids, and he has picked up on the fat that the fact that Elon is clearly not being a dad, yeah, and doesn't like him for that reason, which you know, I understand, knocking him on that. I was trying to explain to him, how yeah, I don't like that at all either, But I think ultimately I think Elon will be remembered hundreds of years from now in the same way that like Da Vinci's remembered, or Isaac Newton or a variety of people. I think he is that level of person. Where was I going with this? Oh? Yeah, the whole richest man in the world. Whatever, Unless I'm just reading too much into it, I feel like it's always used as a pejorative, like he's the richest man in the world, So give him extra scrutiny, because there's no way you'd become the richest man in the world without being evil on some level. You weird anti capitalist nut jobs. Anyway, back to the article. Seated diagonally opposite from Marco Rubio across the elliptical mahogany table, Elon Musk was letting mister Rubio have it, accusing him of failing to slash his staff. You have fired nobody, mister Musk told Rubio, then scornfully added that perhaps the only person he had fired was a staff member from his Department of Government Efficiency. Mister Rubio had been privately furious with mister Musk for weeks, ever since his DOGE team effectively shuddered an entired agency that was supposedly under mister Rubio's control. That's the United States Agency for International Development, that USAID thing, because that's supposed to be run by Rubio in the State Department. But in the extraordinary cabinet meeting in front of the President around twenty others, details of which have not been reported before since the New York Times, mister Rubio got his grievances off his chest. Mister Musk was not being truthful. Rubio said, what about the more than fifteen hundred State Department officials who took early retirement in buyouts? Didn't they count his layoffs? He asks, sarcastically whether mister Musk wanted him to rehire all those people just so he could make a show of firing them again. Then he laid out his detailed plans for reorganizing the State Department. Musk was unimpressed. He told mister Rubio he was good on TV, with clear subtext being that he wasn't good for much else. Throughout all this, the President sat back in his chair, arms folded, as if he were watching a tennis match. Wow, which is sometimes good bosson as he let you know, people fight it out, kind of observe what's going on here.
Speaker 1: Let's let off steam and then talk about it. Yeah, that part does not.
Speaker 2: Ring fictional to me. I believe all of this.
Speaker 1: Part of the totality of Elon Musk is undoubtedly his autism and his quirks. He is not like Steve Jobs in a lot of ways. But some of the great geniuses who've altered history and technology have been extremely difficult to work with. And not just because you couldn't keep up with their genius. No, it's because they're a holes. It's because they either don't care about other people's lives and feelings and the rest of it, or they're not capable of it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, this does not strike me as nutty. After the argument dragged on for an uncomfortable time, mister Trump finally intervened to defend mister Rubio is doing a great job. Mister Rubio has a lot to deal with, the President said, he's very busy, he's always traveling on TV, and he had an agency to run, so everyone just needs to work together. The meeting was a potential inflection point after the frenetic first weeks of mister Trump's second term. It yielded the first significant indication that mister Trump is willing to put some limits on mister Musk. Again, I think that's I think you on the left were acting like he had free reign to do whatever he wanted. I'm sure Trumpet never at any point thought Elon gets to do whatever he wants. Musk, whose efforts have become the subject of several lawsuits and prompted concerns from Republican lawmakers. Cabinet officials almost uniformly like the concept of what mister Musk set out to do reducing waste, fraud and abusing government, but had been frustrated by the hacksaw approach to up ending the government and the lack of consistent coordination. We have hailed his approach to rocketry in that they fail fast and learn faster. It's a different thing approaching government, though for a variety of reasons. And there are aspects of what he's done and how he's done it that remind me of his rocketry stuff. And you can't always adapt a methodology from one thing to another completely smoothly. So again this strikes me is it sounds true and it's not shocking, But the other reality of Elon Musk in the way he does things is he learns from it and adjusts. Last part I'll read Thursday's meeting, which was abruptly scheduled on Wednesday evening, was it's a sign that mister Trump is mindful of the growing complaints. I'll bet all these people have gone to him said, dude, you gotta do something about Elon being up my shorts. Yeah. Trump tried to offer each side something by praising both mister Musk and his cabinet secretaries. At least one treachery secretary, Scott Bessant, who has had tents encounters related to mister Musk's team, was not president. The President made clear he still supported Dog's mission, but now was the time, he said, to be a bit more refined in the approach. From now on, Trump said the secretaries would be in charge, as you just heard in that last clip, and the Musk team would only advise. So he said that out loud in front of Musk and all the secretaries. From now on, Doge advises secretaries are in charge of who gets laid off, fired, lectured, whatever.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Right, Yeah, yeah, all right, I am not troubled by all right, a little too much, too fast, rained it in a little bit as oppose to the exact opposite, which.
Speaker 2: Has existed for a generation. Doesn't bother me either. Mister Musk, who wore a suit and tie to Thursday's meeting instead of his usual T shirt after mister Trump publicly ribbed him about his sloppy appearance, defended himself by saying that he has three companies with a market cap of tens of billions of dollars and that his results speak for themselves. He must have been feeling a little cornered to have to throw that out there. Yes, yeah, I My guess would be just from what I know of Elon, And I keep meaning to read that Walter Isacson book, because Walter Isacson got to follow Elon around for weeks and months, and I just want to know more about the way Elon works. Elon seems to flip from thing to thing, which he gets to do, and like he gets super into like the new Tesla thing, and then I think he gets bored with it. Now I wonder what's going on with the Rocket company, and then I wonder how are doing with the chips and the monkey brains, And I just think either out of Okay, fine, you don't like the way I'm doing it, I'm gonna go over here and work on chips and monkey brains. I just think at some point he's gonna be He's gonna hand it off to somebody, and you're not gonna hear much from Elon. He ain't gonna be around DC all the time. Right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I suspect so too. You know, another way to look at this couple of things. I remember in school I used to hate when we had to do group projects. And this is this is not some sort of weird, humble brag, but it always was the case that it would slow me down.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Later in life, as you know, I got to choose who I worked with and all it became like a privilege and great to work with other people with great ideas, and but in school, especially when you're randomly assigned, you know, I can do this a lot faster and a lot better if I don't have to, you know, include you. Anyway, Elon Musk has that personality to his core because he's like unspeakably brilliant and mind bogglingly energetic. So I get that one hundred percent, and you can make that work Steve jobs in a private corporation. But the very nature of our government, with the three branches of government, and then the layers of how they function within each branch, and then how they interrelate. You cannot have a mad genius run that the way he runs SpaceX.
Speaker 2: You just can't. Those of us. On the other end of the personality spectrum, you get into a group setting and you got some gung hole person like Joe, and you think he usually gets good greates feel free. Yeah, you knock yourself out, and I'll sit here and stare at my zipper while you do all the work and are going to be also and awesome, not even out the window at the birds. We all finish strong next.
Speaker 6: Pro Palestinian protesters really think they're in charge.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: They think they can go to the Dean, go to the president of these Ivy League universities and tell them they have a long list of demands, saying they're not going to stop until they get what they want. Even though President Trump is threatened to pull that funding and throw those agitators behind bars, the chaos continues. The students who have their faces covered all the time with the headscarf set up what they called a liberation zone inside of the library at Barnard College, chanting Free Palestine and blocking the doors for how long? At least four hours.
Speaker 2: Students who pay.
Speaker 6: Big money intuition couldn't even get inside to studies.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm always going on about how badly we need to reform the university system.
Speaker 2: Maybe we just stand back. Yeah, no kidding, let it tear itself down. My first thought on hearing that if I was the dean, you see, the thing you always got to remember about these stories is the dean agrees with them. That's why this goes on. But if I were the dean, they come in there and they say, here's our list of demands.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, good for you, and here's my list of responses. One middle finger, two middle fingers, knock yourself out, hand me the demands, and if you don't meet them by midnight tonight, we're gonna okay, well, if you block the doors of the library, we're gonna kick out of school.
Speaker 8: The end.
Speaker 2: That's the end of the.
Speaker 1: Discussion, right right, Stephen Miller, We've got the clip, But why bother, he says, Look, Trump's made it clear, expel these students are you're gonna lose the funding. And I don't know exactly what that enforcement mechanism looks like, but by Gully, we have let our university system go completely seeking up.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't say so if you got students going to the dean and say here's our list of demands and you must meet them, and the dan acts like he needs to like that. If you saw the video, is this I think the same dean from Barnard asking permission to go to the bathroom when he was being held against his will a couple of weeks ago. What that ought to be known from coast to coast.
Speaker 1: People ought to know in every burg in America that that happened and and understand what it means, because that's a power symbol, but powerful symbol. But so much of the media is uncomfortable reporting this. Oh and on that topic, I have laid out a couple of times the thought, the question the request that I can't picture any result to the Israel Hamas thing other than the complete annihilation of Hamas and Israeli control over the Palestinian territories or a massive change in the leadership among Palestinians. And nobody's ever said no, Joe, here's what you're missing. Nobody has ever responded to that. If you'd like to mail bag at armstrong ineddy dot com.
Speaker 2: I believe in a two states solution.
Speaker 8: Oh strong Strong Strong.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's good. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Hey, le's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. To wrap things up for the day. In the week, there is our technical director, Michelangelo.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 4: Well, my dad shared the same birthday as your son, Jack, And as a tribute to my dad, I'm gonna eat some maybe prime reb or Mexican food. I'm just glad he had good taste that you know, he didn't eat liver or something that would have been a bummer.
Speaker 1: Oh, agreed, Katie Greener esteemed Newswoman As a final thought, Katie, I.
Speaker 6: Just opened my new slip on knee braces for the gym, and I just have to tell you, guys, I am so.
Speaker 2: Relieved that they came with a user manual, actually instructions on how to use your knee brace. You slip it on over your knee. I see that's it, but there's more. Huh okay, Jack, a final thought? Uh yeah, make it about me. I became a parent fifteen years ago today, best decision I ever made. I can't imagine my life without it. Uh yeah, here here. My final thought is all right, have one.
Speaker 1: App up and thinking about the university system because I'm so bothered by it.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to it mentally, Joe Getty worn down by life. We are partly wow.
Speaker 1: I'm frustrated my golf game got canceled tomorrow. I'm not gonna play with a buddy of mine, but it got screwed up.
Speaker 2: I'm taking my birthday boy oldest son and a couple of his friends on a little birthday outing tonight, and they're gonna have a really good time and want me to not be around. I have a feeling armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people to thank, so many generations not getting their kids' musical choices. Good armstrong ageddy dot com. We have hot links, we have swag. Pick up an a INNG sweatshirt for your favorite a in G fan.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's you musical choices and clothing choices. What the hell is that elsewhere that will see you on Monday? God bless America. Armstrong and Getty. We're unquestionably in poor taste and.
Speaker 3: You know what, everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: They need to tone it down. And I think I have the power to end this. Doesn't that sounds crazy? Well, first of all, I'll show you whatever part you want to see for a five spot. If there's any demand, give you a ten. That's what I'll do. With one final message that great Friday, Armstrong and Gaddy