Speaker 1: Your second Date podcast. We got a brand new one for you today. It's Brick and Jeffrey in the Morning. A lot of response from the.
Speaker 2: Barefoot guy yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that he didn't even think it was weird that he went an entire date.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you read the comments, but honestly, quite a few of our listeners didn't think it was weird.
Speaker 2: E there what.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a lot of barefoot Yes.
Speaker 5: There is.
Speaker 3: We got it on the street. Yes, Sydney is too judgmental for my taste. I don't think it's a big deal to walk without shoes. Come to Australia. We don't wear shoes here. Shoes are overrated.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm a hybrid of this, Like if I'm on carpet, grass, or sand, I want to feel it with.
Speaker 2: My Feet's normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy to me. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to walk down the road.
Speaker 2: Anywhere a car was. I don't like to be bear you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: And then one, well, he's right, trees have been around longer than plumbing.
Speaker 2: Because we didn't even talk about him beeing on the day.
Speaker 4: It is the original toilet.
Speaker 2: I mean, the longest living organism on the planet is are phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we got a brand new awkward Tuesday for you, and it's going to start right now.
Speaker 9: I've looked at social media once or twice, and I've learned the only thing that goes more viral than a sweet, happy marriage proposal is a messy, awkward marriage proposal.
Speaker 4: Gone horribly wrong.
Speaker 9: That's so true, and that's why when I saw our listener's email today, I knew we had to talk to him because he hasn't had just one failed proposal, but three in a row, and he needs our help to figure out Am I doing something wrong here? Or is there another explanation? You're gonna hear it in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 10: Next, it's awkward, It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 9: Some people in relationships believe there's cosmic signs that show you're meant to be together. Okay, like when you start finishing each other's sentences, or every time you say their name, a church bell rings, wow, or a pigeon lands and poops on your shoulder then flies over in poops on their car.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 9: These are positive signs from the universe saying.
Speaker 4: You belong together.
Speaker 9: But one of our listeners apparently has been receiving a different kind of message from the cosmos about his relationship. Oh, his name is Keith. Keith, what are the signs telling you?
Speaker 8: I mean, the signs are kind of.
Speaker 7: The actions of my girlfriend recently.
Speaker 2: All the signs aren't from the universe.
Speaker 4: It can be determined as cosmic messages.
Speaker 1: I think that's just girlfriend messages, jeh from the cos it's.
Speaker 2: Her name, Cosmos. Is that what we're getting now?
Speaker 4: He could be, But what what is it telling you? Keith?
Speaker 7: Now her name is Lilah, but who knows.
Speaker 8: Maybe there is some cosmic energy that's affecting her. Because I really feel like she's trying to sabotage my marriage proposal.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say my marriage.
Speaker 9: We would be okay with either one of those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're trying.
Speaker 9: You're trying to propose to your girlfriend, but you feel like she's sabotaging it.
Speaker 7: Right, we are not married. We've been dating for two years.
Speaker 8: The first time I tried to propose her, I was going to do it in in a park, you know, I had the ring ready to go, and maybe she's got the sense that something was up because I was a little nervous and like a little walk in the park is not something that we normally do.
Speaker 7: As we're walking in the park, she just turns to me and says, Hey, if you're gonna do what I think you're gonna do, I don't want it to be like this.
Speaker 1: Oh pretty public that Okay.
Speaker 9: I can't believe she just came out and said that to you, Like, well, how did you react when she told you that, Like, don't propose to me?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 7: No, I just joked it up.
Speaker 8: I was like, what do you think I'm not going to propose in a park like this? It's so corny, Like I just I just tried to play it cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, it'd have been like, oh I.
Speaker 4: Was just gonna kiss you, but not for these people.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I think you could take that as a positive too, Like she obviously wants you to do it, and she has a vision of how it's going to happen in her mind. That means she's thinking of you, and I mean it sounds like she'll say yes, which is great.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: We'll flash forward a little bit to a couple months ago, I tried again. We took a trip to New York City and I went like scrolling on online and tried. I tried to find like a really fancy dinner, and she like agreed to it for a little while. But then the night we were there, she says she thinks she has an eye infection and she wanted to stay in the hotel that night.
Speaker 7: So I was like, okay, you know, pink eye.
Speaker 4: It'll hit you broke.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she made up an excuse that she had some eye problem.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it was a fake eye infection or if it was a coincidence, but huh. There was one more time recently, I tried it again.
Speaker 2: I like that you're not giving up. This is important and you know how she'd want it though.
Speaker 1: I like that it is a good point of lexis that maybe you should have said, well, what do you want?
Speaker 4: Well, he's clearly trying.
Speaker 9: He's clearly trying to like make it a surprise, and she obviously knows something is coming, so he doesn't want to like blow it entirely.
Speaker 6: But at this rate, it's going to be like, oh, we've been married for three years, but I've been trying to propose.
Speaker 10: For fucking right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what was your what was your idea for your third proposal?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, this one is where I'm really like, Okay, something's up. So about two weeks ago, I had a picnic setup and the you know, I had like her favorite a favorite meal, and a candle and nice wine.
Speaker 2: We're back to a park.
Speaker 4: I know, why would you repeat the parts? Is it in the park or is it like private?
Speaker 7: This was on the beach, not in the park.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, okay, a very private, exclusive beach.
Speaker 8: When she came and she showed up, she again had that like nervous look on her face. And not too long after, the blanket suddenly catches on fire. What whoa, whoa wha because of the candle.
Speaker 7: The candle fell over and the blanket catches on fire. So I had to put it out.
Speaker 8: And I had my phone set up on a tree nearby because I was going to film the proposal. And I saw in the tape that she knocked the candle over like on purpose.
Speaker 7: I saw her do it.
Speaker 4: Oh she started the fire.
Speaker 6: Maybe she doesn't want to marry you man, And I like.
Speaker 8: Honestly, well that's what I'm worried about, you know, like because we're still like everything else otherwise is still fine. Like, so either she doesn't want to get married or ready, So what.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do with your awkward call?
Speaker 5: Though? Like?
Speaker 2: Are we calling her to see the Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is this proposal number four.
Speaker 7: I just I did need some help navigating the conversation. She doesn't know that.
Speaker 8: I know she botched that last one, and you know, I don't want her to feel up about that.
Speaker 7: I just want to know, like what's going on?
Speaker 9: Oh, okay, okay, So this is an information finding mission to figure out why she keeps turning it down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she might not even want to get married to me, and I would want to know that instead of just like trying and failing all these times?
Speaker 2: Is a return policy on these rings?
Speaker 5: What's the story that?
Speaker 4: I don't want to be negative?
Speaker 6: But what happens if you're like, oh, we don't want to get married, then you just break up?
Speaker 9: No, you get married anyway, Jose, that's what you've carried. You force the marriage, and then you break up.
Speaker 2: Some couple say together. Some couples break up.
Speaker 9: You won't know until you sign that document locking you together forever. How you really feel about the marriage.
Speaker 5: Till you're in it.
Speaker 2: I hope you know before you sign the document.
Speaker 4: How could you know until you're married exactly? Don't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we do need to focus on some advice, though, so we'll think of some to give you.
Speaker 4: We'll come back and we'll call your maybe.
Speaker 9: Future fiance depending on how this conversation goes when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, man, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 10: It's it's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 9: How can you tell if your girlfriend is actively trying to sabotage your marriage proposals? Oh goodness, and I say proposals plural, because our listener Keith has attempted to pop the question three separate times to his girlfriend. Each one got shut down by Lylah before he even really got started with them.
Speaker 4: But the last one is the most.
Speaker 9: Incriminating because it was caught on camera while he was secretly filming.
Speaker 4: As men like to do, let film us with our girlfriend.
Speaker 2: H that's very illegal, go to jail for a long time.
Speaker 9: Unless it's for a marriage proposal, which is totally fine because in the footage he saw her purposely knock over the candle and light their picnic blanket on fire. Geez, stopping the marriage proposal before he even got to it.
Speaker 4: Have we considered she's an arsonist?
Speaker 9: Could be a possibility he might need more flames in the next attempt. It's just after that, Keith is wondering, is the problem actually with the proposal or does she actually even want.
Speaker 4: To marry me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Not exactly the easiest conversation to have with your significant other.
Speaker 4: So he needs advice, Brooke, what do you have to say to him?
Speaker 1: Well, I think you do something that my husband perfected a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Let's yeah, let's not go into the bedroom stuff, and that.
Speaker 2: Is play dumb. Okay, play dumb. Go into it and just be like, Okay, I didn't want to tell you, but I had a little surprise for you the other night on the beach.
Speaker 1: So I was filming and you wouldn't believe what I saw. It looked like you tried to light the blanket on fire.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: I see?
Speaker 9: So it's not like you're actively accusing her of doing it.
Speaker 4: You're just like, I saw something weird, Yeah weird. What do you think about that? Keith?
Speaker 7: Then my work I'm pretty good at playing dumb.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all of us, sorry, have that ability. So okay, keep that in your back pocket, hose. What's your advice?
Speaker 4: Maybe it has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 6: It could be something that she's built this up in her mind and you're not living up to this expectation that you don't.
Speaker 4: Even know about.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 9: It is interesting that all of your talks about marriage, those are going fine, but when it comes to the actual proposal, that's where everything falls off the right place. Yeah, all right, alexis where's your recommendation? Where should he propose?
Speaker 2: I don't want to get married, don't do it?
Speaker 9: Okay, there's no good place for all right. Well, that's our advice for you. Keep We're all scared in studio. Thank god you're the person making this call, but we will be on the other line ready to jump in if we feel like you need a little bit of help.
Speaker 4: You ready, ma'am? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 4: All right, you got it, buddy.
Speaker 9: What's the worst that can happen? You're just asking your girlfriend if the idea of marriage.
Speaker 4: Discusss her, they could break up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm trying to ask that question in a positive way. What's the worst that could happen.
Speaker 9: I wasn't expecting everybody to jump on all right, Sorry about that, Keith, but good luck.
Speaker 4: We'll be here if you need here, we go.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey babe, how's it going. Hey, I'm good.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 7: What's what's up? Good?
Speaker 8: So I just saying hi, you know, I'm just missing you a call and say hey.
Speaker 7: Want to hear your voice.
Speaker 5: Well, that's sweet of you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you know, I was just thinking too.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm sorry about the little fire accident we had.
Speaker 7: A couple of weeks ago. That's not bad about that.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 8: I know your beach is your favorite and kind of kind of ruined the mood there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. Yeah. It was a bummer to lose pizza and a blanket and all the things.
Speaker 8: I know, I know, yeah, yeah, I just uh, I was going to surprise you with something, so I had my phone.
Speaker 7: Set up so I could get your reaction and did.
Speaker 8: I was looking at the video again, and I don't know, I don't know why. It just it looked like it looked like you you might have set the blanket on fire on purpose, but like I don't think you would.
Speaker 7: Do that, you know, right, I don't know what happened. I mean I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't like it wasn't I don't.
Speaker 7: Did you get this sense that I was going to have like a surprise for you?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 7: Okay? Yeah, yeah, I just this is not a big deal, you know. I just uh like we both want to get married, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just uh like processing all this because I wasn't expecting this during my work day.
Speaker 8: Is there is there a problem? Is there something going on on? Am I like a like, am I pick up on something?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 7: Is everything? Okay?
Speaker 5: I didn't really want to talk about this, but I guess I should.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've just been having some second thoughts and I've been just too scared to talk to you about it.
Speaker 7: Okay, uh like, what what do you what do you mean?
Speaker 5: The thing is I'm having the thoughts and I don't know what to do about the thoughts, and and I don't want to. I don't want you to. I didn't want you to be hurt by this, which is why I was like resisting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, babe, I just like I don't. I don't like this, Like I feel very nervous, Like I feel like you'd be better if you just told me.
Speaker 5: Mmm, okay, M, I don't know how to say this. Okay, So probably about three months ago I went to pick you up at the gym and I saw that you were playing basketball outside, and for me, I've always dreamed of having athletic children, and after watching you play basketball, I don't know. I'm not sure if that's possible.
Speaker 10: What that is?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: A thing? That's not that's not it?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 5: What? Who are all these people?
Speaker 4: What's happening these people that you're hearing. We're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Oh gosh, yeah, we hear with your future he's really good. Yeah that doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: It could matter to her if she prioritizes that high on her list of potential partners.
Speaker 2: I have a story that will change your mind. I promise going to be here for how much time do we help?
Speaker 4: Hold on everybody?
Speaker 7: I just I just want to say something. I like, I actually am really good at basketball, Like I've played all through high school.
Speaker 9: Everybody plays h Brooks on the volleyball team, on the c squad.
Speaker 5: So, Keith, I'm so sorry. I didn't know all these people were on this call. I wouldn't have said these things on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's what he wanted though.
Speaker 1: He wanted the truth out and sounded like you guys needed some help to start this conversation.
Speaker 9: I don't know if this is overstepping, but I feel like Keith has noticed a few things over the last several months that are pointing to you not wanting to say yes.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just hesitant, okay, because you're worried that someday you're going to have babies with Keith, and there's babies aren't going to be not able to dunk. I grew up playing sports. I always imagined being at sports with my kids and doing those type of things.
Speaker 2: And you can't know.
Speaker 1: That, Like there's no way to know, Like how your kids don't don't exist right now, are going to be in sports?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I saw him, Well, they'll get all the love and support I can give them.
Speaker 2: That, Okay, Like that is such a great response.
Speaker 1: And that's what you really want to look for, is someone that'll be a great father, not someone based on their athletic ability.
Speaker 9: I never heard Lila say anything about wanting her children to be loved or supported.
Speaker 4: She didn't bring it up.
Speaker 6: Supporting they get participation.
Speaker 2: Trooper, I'm sorry I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: But my best friend and Mary, one of the most unathletic people I have ever met in my life and friends.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he just that's what he is. He would admit that. And her kids are like elite basketball players.
Speaker 4: Well does that make you feel better?
Speaker 9: Lilah Brooke knows somebody who has kids and they turned out to be that's why they say, you don't know.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I don't want to force them to be anything, but like I would encourage sports and being athletic, and I don't know if that's possible.
Speaker 9: Okay, we're just word going to read between the lines. Instead of shooting more three pointers, you go for more layups during pick up basketball.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 8: Well it's also a team sport, right, and I'm a great team player.
Speaker 9: Okay, so much of a team player. You never shoot the ball yourself, just keep passing.
Speaker 5: It, all right. I mean, of course we can talk more about this. I'm seeing that maybe as we're talking this out loud, that maybe there's still room for the possibility.
Speaker 4: There's a sliver of hope for you right there.
Speaker 9: So if I was you, I would propose in the next ten seconds and use the positive momentum to your advantage.
Speaker 4: This is not the time before you lose it. Keith, now or never.
Speaker 5: You don't have to propose right now, but I am more in joh.
Speaker 4: Your chance.
Speaker 2: It was right there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, keep us updated down the line. What happens between you two and your relationship?
Speaker 7: Well do, Thanks so much.
Speaker 9: Just remember to stay away from any beaches, parks, fancy restaurants all of New York City and basketball court.
Speaker 1: And basketball it's freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 9: Is anything more of a turnoff than an unathletic baby.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you you can't judge how athletic your kids are going to be.
Speaker 9: Well sure, but once once an unathletic child comes out, say what you will. But a baby drops his rattle and immediately I think, yikes, he's not going to the NFL.
Speaker 2: Baby doesn't come out with a six pack.
Speaker 4: Just disappointing.
Speaker 9: Look, I don't think we fixed this relationship by any means with this phone call, but at least we help them start the conversation so that they can talk about what they both.
Speaker 4: Really want to get out of a potential marriage. Yeah, it might not be.
Speaker 9: The same things but it's better to figure that out now than after you've got four unathletic children who can't do one pull up.
Speaker 1: Hey, but they could be good at theater, you know, yeah, instrument.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 2: Chess. Okay.
Speaker 4: Some people want loving, trusting partners.
Speaker 9: Other people want a Edick Bull who produces guaranteed NBA superstars.
Speaker 4: You're allowed to want that, Brook, Let the women want what they want.
Speaker 2: Its weird.
Speaker 4: Oh that's fine.
Speaker 9: If you want help with your dating life or you're approving that, Brook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, then you can.
Speaker 9: Then you're safe to email our show and we'll help you out with an awkward Tuesday. And check all of our content out online where you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey