Speaker 1: Hey guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of this show.
Speaker 1: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 1: We need your help to build the future of independent news media, and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 3: Microsoft workers who put this element up on the screen have told their bosses at the company that they're no longer going to work on Israeli tech now. Microsoft is heavily involved, as drop site has reported, with Israel's genocide and Gaza, providing enormous amounts of cloud computing and other technological.
Speaker 4: Support for the assault on Gaza.
Speaker 3: The amount of money that the industry the Israeli Ministry of Defense has sent to Microsoft has massively increased since October twenty twenty three, According to internal company.
Speaker 4: Documents that we reviewed.
Speaker 3: And reported on This is an escalation from Microsoft workers who are now drawing a line and saying that they will just simply not work on this account. Now that doesn't mean that they Microsoft won't be able to find workers inside the company who will do it, but the publicity around it and the difficulty around it raises the stakes for Western companies who are continuing to be so intimately involved in what the world is now seeing of not just people getting mowed down at aid distribution sites, but dying in droves of starvation and amount nutrition.
Speaker 4: You think this as it's.
Speaker 5: At all, Yeah, I think it's been resonating.
Speaker 6: I mean, Crystal and I covered what happened with the church and also the Christian village in the West Bank.
Speaker 3: The the Idea have just announced, by the way, that they finished their review of their the bombing of the church and.
Speaker 4: That it was an accident. It was an accident, so that's all resolved.
Speaker 5: Good. Yeah, glad we got to the bottom of that one.
Speaker 6: But uh, it's that was a real shift, and I think whenever a shift like that happens, you start to see more focus on every sort of subsequent you know, people take more seriously when they see It's.
Speaker 3: A good point because it just it you have a new prism for how you're viewing what's going on right roads.
Speaker 4: Trust.
Speaker 6: So if everyone's telling you this is Pollywood and it's all you know, staged fake, and that's your predisposition to when you see these awful, awful images that those arguments that had been sort of blocked you from taking seriously the images and the claims of suffering, then you have those arguments against that have so much less credibility. When you have one experience like that, it changes, like yeah, like you said, it's a new prism. And I've noticed that in the last week, I think.
Speaker 3: And speaking of stage and faked, we didn't talk about this a few days ago when it was released, but it's it's a fast, fascinating development. The IDF put out this extraordinary short propaganda film of them for forty three seconds not shooting civilians. Let's roll this clip and then and then discuss.
Speaker 4: If you're listening.
Speaker 3: What you're seeing, are you know, hundreds of hungry people kind of mobbing an AID truck that's coming in through northern Gaza and you're hearing commanders tell the soldier IDF soldiers.
Speaker 4: Don't shoot, don't shoot, And at least.
Speaker 3: Four times in this short clip they say don't shoot, don't shoot, don't shoot, And then the people who did not get shot kind of applaud the IDF for not shooting them. This was then posted by the Israeli military as evidence of their most moralness.
Speaker 5: So this is the IDEAF posted that video.
Speaker 4: IDF posted that video.
Speaker 3: It doesn't take a whole lot of deconstruction to start to raise questions about it. It's like, Okay, congratulations, you found forty three seconds of your folks not shooting unarmed civilians who were seeking AID. What is going on with your rules of engagement that officers had to repeatedly order troops not to fire unarmed people, Like if I've been critical of the US military my entire life, basically, but there's no world in which US troops looking at a group of people who are mobbing an AID truck and kind of taking the flower off the AID truck would have to be told not to shoot. None of the soldiers there are under any risk whatsoever. Like it's clear what the people want. The people want the food that's on the truck. There would be no other army in the world would think, oh, we should shoot at these people, so that they had to keep saying, Hey, we're filming here, guys, don't shoot, like we're doing a propaganda film here. Can you please? Can you guys please not shoot the civilians. It reminds me of the one that the GHF put out several weeks ago, where it's a guy speaking to camera for like seven seconds talking about how effectively they're distributing aid and how there's no violence and this is an amazing accomplishment, a tremendous success, is what Tammy Bruce, a State department called it yesterday.
Speaker 4: At the very end of the clip, you.
Speaker 3: Hear gunfire from There's no Hamas anywhere near these things.
Speaker 4: That's why they're fifth.
Speaker 3: They're like fifteen kilometers away from any populated area. And so it's like, and that's the take they posted, like they couldn't even get a seven second clip where they weren't shooting in the background. So this this was really striking me. It made me think, like, so I was I did the show yesterday, so I came, you know, from out northwest DC down to the studio here that also went home. I saw a lot of people on my way in and my way out. I didn't shoot any of them, none.
Speaker 5: The most moral television hosts in the real world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw a bunch of people this morning.
Speaker 5: Some of them were hungry, probably.
Speaker 4: Probably not, maybe maybe a few were, like.
Speaker 5: To fine hungry.
Speaker 4: Yes, I didn't shoot.
Speaker 3: I have not shot anybody all day long, noble peace price, and I don't think I will shoot anybody for the rest of the day.
Speaker 6: All Right, I'm gonna come next week with a letter nominating you for the no.
Speaker 3: I appreciate there's a lot of stiff competition this year. Yeah, so my chances are not are not very good. So this is the this is the state that they're in with their with their propaganda. Here's forty three seconds in which we didn't shoot unarmed people.
Speaker 4: Now, now a warning.
Speaker 3: If you're not following this closely, A lot of this might be might be new to you and might be graphic, and maybe you want to scroll through this if you don't want.
Speaker 4: To see it.
Speaker 5: It is very graphic.
Speaker 3: But the the intensity of the violence is just exploding. So we can put up put up C three here.
Speaker 4: This is all.
Speaker 3: This is all stuff within the last you know, twenty four hours. There is this is a strike on a home that killed fifteen U civilians, including.
Speaker 4: Enormous number, an enormous number of children.
Speaker 3: You've had an increasing number of strikes where you're seeing.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, you don't even want to look at that.
Speaker 3: You're seeing fetus is blown out of pregnant women's bodies. These are toddlers who were born after October seventh, you know, who have known nothing but this. Here's a man who died of starvation. Ah, well, over one hundred people now have died of starvation. And here's a clip that was circulating just two guys just sitting out on the pier, just bombed and killed just for sitting on the pier, and.
Speaker 4: That's it. And then on filming their own murders.
Speaker 3: So like, we keep hearing that they're getting closer and closer to us, fees fire, but an enormous number, an enormous number of the people and guys are now kind of beyond the point of no return.
Speaker 4: A reporter on one where we need to post this. You can see it on my Twitter feed if if you want.
Speaker 3: A paramedic was was hit yesterday. I hope he's still alive. He was alive as of yesterday according to medical sources. And you can see him. So he's taken into the hospital with getting getting an auction, and you compare his picture to a picture of him from a couple of years before. He's just shed so much weight. He's just he's just skin and bone. And these are and the medics. We're getting food much longer than the regular population. Only in the last couple of days. At Nasser Hospital, for instance, did the hospital staff stop getting food. The patients stopped getting food a long time ago. Now it's it's basically every person for themselves whatever, you know, whatever they could, you know, whatever they can find. So it's just going absolutely bananas now. Meanwhile, they cut off internet to darry Oballa, which is the remaining kind of severe infrastructure left in Gaza. It's actually where Abu Baker grew up and was from. It's where his family is, and there's a lot of where a lot of the UN and AID organizations are our house. There's nowhere else for them to operate at this point. So they've now launched an incursion into dary Bala. They cut off internet to it. They're bom bombing the hell out of it. Sayah Al KUDS, which is a resistance faction put out as a statement that you can put put up this next element that they've now lost contact with Rome Breslovski, who is one of the twenty one of the twenty remaining hostages assumed to be twenty remaining hostages who are still alive. The you know, Almas had warned and actually IDF commanders have have warned like if we if we continue to assault these particular areas, we're very worried that we're going to kill more hostages. They've already killed an untold number uncount uncounted number at this point, but a significant number of hostages. And so now there's this reporting that, uh, they've lost contact with with Rome. So uh, this is this is in the context of Whitcoff heading to you know, there's reports that he's going to be heading over there as they're trying to finalize an agreement. There's uh are there's you know, the negotiations heavily are around aid and how aid would be distributed, because if this aid system continues, then the death by starvation and the slaughter at all of these aid distribution sides would continuing.
Speaker 4: And Hamas is saying we can't we can't agree to that.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Tammy Bruce, this is an incredible moment of the States part where he said this is a it's a tremendous success, like the gods humanitarian Fauscion Foundation, aid distribution.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And one of the reporters like, well, the result of the success is starvation. Like that's that's your that's your definition of success. It's like.
Speaker 4: Like before people weren't dying of starvation. Now they are.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure under what terms that counts as a success.
Speaker 6: That the ceasefire timeline is interesting because it seems to me like and you've covered this closely. I think we've talked about it, that the escalation correlates the closer a ceasefire appears to be politically, the closer the Trump administration suggests they are to a ceasefire, like oneever wit Cough is negotiating, it seems like you end up.
Speaker 4: It's like the empty the warehouses of bombs on. Yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 3: Hope hopefully we're going to get a reprieve to this soon, but you know, too late for a lot of people. So let's also take a trip down memory lane. This is crazy the nineteen nineties, Benjamin Naho, Bill Clinton, and Monica Lewinsky stick around this one. So, in a scandal that has been largely lost to contemporary memory, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netnah who was alleged to have blackmailed then President Bill Clinton by revealing to him that Israel had collected tapes of phone sex calls between the forty second president and White House intern Monica Lewinsky. The story is worth revisiting amid allegations that Jeffrey Epstein was involved in a long running Israeli blackmail operation of his own. So Clinton met with Netnaho in the Oval Office in February nineteen ninety seven. Subsequently, according to testimony Lewinsky gave to the Special Council's Office, Clinton secretary Betty Curry reached out to Lewinsky to invite her to an Oval Office meeting, telling her Clinton quote had something important to tell her unquote it would turn out to be their final sexual encounter. But Clinton also used the opportunity to tell her that a quote foreign embassy had tapped his phone and recorded their conversation. Lewinsky said Clinton did not specify which embassy, though The meeting with Lewinsky came the month after his meeting with net Yahoo. The special Prosecutor's report was far more concerned with Lewinsky's claim of the sexual encounter that day because it contradicted Clinton's claim that they had had only one encounter that year, than they were with the fact that a foreign government was spying on the President and letting him know about it. The prosecutor was also interested in Clinton's response, namely that he proposed cover stories, these recover stories that the two could employ if they were confronted with the tapes. Clinton suggested the pairs say they knew they were under surveillance and the phone sex was a quote put on for whoever was listening. It's an awfully flimsy idea, but look, he was guilty. The man did not have much to work with now. In April, Netnyahuo and Clinton met again for a quote private visit on a Saturday. Then in May nineteen ninety seven, Clinton again had Curry invite Lewinsky to the White House. During that visit, he broke up with her. Lewinsky testified the next fall. So this is fall of nineteen ninety eight, Clinton hosted Netnahu and Power sending leader Yaser Arafat for a summit at Wye River, Maryland. Toward the end of the summit, at seven am, after a long night of final negotiations and handshakes, Nenyawho approached Clinton privately to demand the release of convicted Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard, long a cause to leb of the Israeli far right. That's according to reporting the time from The New York Times. Now Netnah who brought up the sex tapes in the context of the Pollard demand. According to subsequent reporting by Washington Examiner editor Daniel harper in his book Clinton Inc. The Audacious Rebuilding of a Political Machine, he writes, quote, not wanting to directly threaten the powerful American President, a crucial Israeli ally, Clinton was told that the Israeli government had thrown the tapes away, but the very mention of them was enough to constitute a form of blackmail. Halpern reported the talks almost broke down as CIA chief George Tennant told Clinton he would resign on the spot if Clinton agreed to the terms. So instead, Clinton agreed to quote review Pollard's case, He did not release him Pollard was eventually freed in twenty fifteen under the Obama administration. Now, on the last day of his first term, Trump pardoned Pollard's handler back in Israel. Pollard is now an outspoken supporter of extremist national security minister Ben Givier It's Amar Ben Gavier and is called for the full ethnic cleansing of Gaza. I don't know, Emily, what do you think? What a Netna hotel? Bill Clinton? I'm so curious it's another foreign embassy that this could be.
Speaker 6: So this is very casually in the book of Daniel Helper, right, who is I.
Speaker 4: Mean, you probably see about him as a reporter.
Speaker 5: Well, I was even to ask you, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, he's his sort of right of Senator bush Era.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't want to get this wrong, but that's.
Speaker 4: My doing a lot of these Clinton in style, yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, and then was covering foreign policy like during that time period. I remember Daniel Helper a lot from the kind of blogging years, if that makes sense, like the books your blogging years.
Speaker 5: But this is very casually in the book.
Speaker 3: And there was there was another book it was called Gideon Spies in ninety eight published in the UK that reported the same thing that it was that there, that that Yahoo that end that it was Israel that had gotten these tapes because they basically whated. Like back then it was probably pretty maybe even easier than it is now. A lot of people were learning about this affair like it was like it was everywhere before it was reported by Drudge and then by Newsweek. It was the talk of like elite Washington. That's how like you know, Linda Tripp was telling book agents publishers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lucy and Goldberg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jonah Goldberg's mom, she's telling people and like.
Speaker 4: You know, actually, what's his name? George Conway?
Speaker 3: Right, he like he was who's now there Istance Democrat Guy Kelly and Conway's ex husband, and and.
Speaker 4: Coulter and like this whole right wing world.
Speaker 6: Brett Kavanaugh was working with Ken Starr. George Conway was in that group. Colter was defending Paula Jones and.
Speaker 3: Paula Jones lawyers like learned about Monica way early and they so in other words, a lot of people in Washington knew about the Monica affair while it was still ongoing. So if you were a foreign embassy that that learned this and it would not have been hard for israelin others, not.
Speaker 4: Just them, to learn about it.
Speaker 3: It would then not be hard for you to go and tap Monica Wincy's phone. You don't you don't have to tap the White House at that point. You just get Monica's phone line.
Speaker 5: Which is way easier, of course.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, and then your boom, You're going to pick up.
Speaker 4: All of these calls that continued to happen. How do you like? How do you like Bill Clinton's cover story? We knew that we were being.
Speaker 3: Surveilled by a foreign government, so we decided to do fake sex tapes with an intern.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was gonna say, I think actually that may so. First of all, I think it gives it more credibility that it's casually in the book, and I think Daniel Helper is like sort of broadly pretty pro Israel.
Speaker 5: I have to go back and look.
Speaker 6: But I think that's like sort of baked into a lot of the coverage that Daniel Helper has done.
Speaker 5: But I think the fact that this.
Speaker 6: Is sort of casually just inserted into the narrative of the book lends credibility to it, and people aren't challenging it. It's the same thing with the alex Acosta quote that Vicky Ward put in her story that barely raised an eyebrow at the time, and Acrosta, there weren't all other people from those meetings in the Senate coming out and saying this never happened. So anyway, all that that's like a bit of a tangent, but it also makes you look differently on the way Clinton vociferously denied the affair, because it's possible that they were really serious about this defense for foreign policy.
Speaker 5: Reasons that they were.
Speaker 6: They had motives beyond just protecting Clinton, that they were like also dealing with the potential foreign policy consequences of this entire thing being known to an ally is crazy.
Speaker 3: By fall of ninety eight, when the Wide River things happen Eastern Shore, I remember when that when that was happening eastern Shore of Maryland, the world kind.
Speaker 4: Of the public knew about all of this.
Speaker 3: So like the value, the value of that blackmail by then was much diminished by the fact that it was everywhere already. And then you had you had the midterms where Democrats overperformed despite all of this stuff, right, because when did he when did it all break? That he admitted it. I don't remember exactly what.
Speaker 6: Oh man, the like that he that's a good question. The timeline is important in this context. But yeah, I mean the whole thing this is August.
Speaker 3: Oh so he admitted in the grand jury testimony in August nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 5: But I don't think we knew that till ninety nine, didn't we.
Speaker 3: No, But then he knew it was going to leak, so they put it out immediately. Okay, yeah, I mean so by the time that Yahoo at why River is allegedly like blackmailing him with the tapes and telling him that and he's and it's an interesting phrasing that that he's alleged to have used, which is, hey, those tapes I mentioned like, don't worry, we destroyed them.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, sure you did.
Speaker 3: So, but it's a way of you know, mentioned bringing them up. And of course I'm not threatening you. This is crazy, right, I would never do such a thing.
Speaker 6: Well, it's kind of like it's actually kind of like the Epstein Bill Gates email, which reportedly was you know, it was about the woman that Bill Gates had an affair with, like the professional poker player. I think she's a professional poker player that Bill Gates had an affair with, and Epstein basically sent Bill Gates an email being like, Hey, I think he asked for like some type of payment related to the not for like any sexual stuff, but like just a scholarship something like that, just to let Bill Gates know he knew about this woman with whom he.
Speaker 5: Had an affair.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, you can't.
Speaker 6: And you know, is it a smoking gun. No, because it's not Hey, I'm blackmailing you. I know you had an affair, give me money for this, or it was like he had some charitable thing he wanted money quote unquote charitable thing he wanted Bill Gates to get money to.
Speaker 5: And so he's not saying blackmail. This is blackmail unless you give me this money.
Speaker 4: He's just saying, hey, I know, I know, yeah, I know about this thing.
Speaker 5: Many such cases, yeah, many such cases.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So and yeah, the part about the CIA is interesting too, like because this was a bipartisan thing at the time that the CIA and whether your Republican or Democrat were and it was I think it was under Reagan that they caught Pollard actually Jonathan Pollard's spy.
Speaker 4: They were absolutely.
Speaker 3: Committed to keeping him behind bars and not not releasing him. And it was when when Obama led him out in twenty fifteen, it was supposed like, you know, it's more like parole. Like you, He's served like thirty years or whatever. He's served like an enormous amount of sentence. Yeah, he's still very active in politics. He's even he's even like floated that he's going to run for Kannessen, you know, under the Bengavie banner.
Speaker 6: Basically, what the It's just this, It is so crazy how many like you can play six degrees of Monica Lewinsky with the politics at any given moment, or six degrees of like Clinton Lewinsky scandal at any given moment. I mean, it's just it's it still affects so many different things in so many ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely wild yep, really a moment. Yeah, crazy stuff, Yes, indeed. All right, Next, we're going to talk to Carolyn Feinstein, that's right, who was the wife of the guy who made the ice blocker. She worked for the UH basically the trustee office inside the Department of Justice overseeing bank like look basically as a bankruptcy fraud staffer, and she was canned by the Department of Justice due to her connection with her husband's ice blocker app.
Speaker 4: Let's talk to her about this. One of the.
Speaker 3: Things that the White House is most upset about is a new app called ice block which allows people to report ice agent sightings and then if you have that app, you're going to get an alert if you within five miles of one of these sightings. One of the odd consequences of their fury at this app is that they figured out that the wife of the app developer, Carolyn Feinstein, worked for a division of the Department of Justice, and they promptly fired her. So Carolyn Feinstein is joining us now to talk about this DAGA and this app. Carolyn, thanks so much for joining us. Can you start out by letting us know what were you doing for the Department of Justice.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you for having me With the Department of Justice.
Speaker 8: I was with a small program called the US Trustee Program, and I was an auditor for them, where we looked at fraud and abuse in the bankruptcy system. So my job was to look at cases and see if there were any places where they were not following the bankruptcy rules and follow up on that.
Speaker 6: Okay, and so help us understand a little bit the timeline as it pertains to you leaving that job over the last couple of weeks, so your husband develops the ice block app. At one point you disclose that you're getting death threats and the like to your employer, to the Department of Justice, and this all culminates in you being fired, being asked to leave.
Speaker 5: Tell us basically what happened.
Speaker 8: Sure, about three weeks ago, my husband, Joshua Aaron, was dxed and they released our personal address.
Speaker 7: Confidential information.
Speaker 8: So I preemptively contacted the Department of Justice stating, hey, there may be a threat here. I wanted to protect the department as much as I could.
Speaker 7: And after that, this was just this.
Speaker 8: Past week, Laura Lumer ducted me individually on x and.
Speaker 7: That was on Wednesday or Thursday. By Thursday, Laura.
Speaker 8: Lumer, according to Tom Homan on a different news channel, had contacted him and he had contacted the Department of Justice about me. This was Friday then that I received an email out of nowhere stating that my employment with the Department of Justice was terminated, effective immediately.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing about that. I wasn't just terminated.
Speaker 8: I was targeted, and I was targeted because of Joshua's involvement with the app.
Speaker 6: And as you say, it was the distinction between terminated and targeted.
Speaker 8: Terminated could be for any reason under the sun that is justifiable by the department or the government as a whole. Targeted, in my opinion is that I was sought out to be terminated because of the actions of my steps.
Speaker 3: And I think that that probably true. So let me ask it this way. And I don't want to sound insensitive. It seems like and I don't want to read into your own mind, but from your from your husband's perspective, Johshon's perspective, this this White House is utterly out of control and is engaging in, you know, actions that are deeply harmful to the community, such that he would design this app to protect people against the agents of this very government. If if that's and I believe I agree with him, like I.
Speaker 4: Think that his analysis is correct.
Speaker 3: But if that's the analysis going to that same government and saying, hey, FYI, my husband, you know, did this, did this app, and now we're getting threats. Just wanted to let you know so that you can be aware of my work schedule, and perhaps do something to protect me. U feels naive, like this is the government that is doing the thing that your husband clearly believes is wrong and evil, Like why, what would wouldn't you expect that same government then to be like, oh, you're married to him, well you're fired.
Speaker 8: I understand that sentiment, but I also have experienced and strongly believe our government is full of incredible, dedicated people. And when I worked for the US Trustee program, part of our mission describes transparency. We advocate for transparency from debtors, from creditors, from anyone involved. So as a part of that program, I want to practice what I preach, and so that's why I preemptively went to them. I also knew that I could go to that program, and as far as I was aware at the.
Speaker 7: Time these statements, that I was telling them they were going to protect me.
Speaker 8: There may be different factions, different portions of the administration that just things differently, But the people I've directly encountered within the federal government as a whole have been dedicated, just all around quality people. So no, I wouldn't have expected that from the people I've encountered directly.
Speaker 5: And you also explain this.
Speaker 6: I think you have minority shares in the company that holds the IP address for the app, and tell us about just tell us to what extent you may have had a financial stake in ice Block and then what your communication was with the DOJ about that.
Speaker 7: So this brings up a good point.
Speaker 8: One thing I'd like to mention is that when I received determination of a termination of employment letter, the reasons in that letter stated lack of candor during an internal inquiry, and that just in lay terms, is lying vio mission or leaving something out. Those reasons differed from the prepared statement Department of Justice released to the press, which included describing my relationship to the company that you're stating a minority share that had been previously disclosed to them, and then it also insinuated that somehow that relationship endangered the lives of ice officers and threatened law enforcement. So which is it? Why was I fired? Because those are two separate reasons.
Speaker 3: So yeah, basically, what the d DOJ is saying publicly is that you didn't That's what they're alluding to, that you didn't disclose that you had this minority share in the LLC that operates this. So you're saying that you did, and when did you disclose that to them?
Speaker 8: Right that I wouldn't be able to cite an exact date. I can just say in the past it has been disclosed.
Speaker 3: And so so if they had said, okay, well you did disclose it. Now you actually are a minority shareholder of an app that is intended to disrupt law enforcement, would that have been a justifiable reason for them to say, all, you're fired.
Speaker 7: To begin with that minority share.
Speaker 8: By the way, part of my position with the US Trustee was to investigate companies just to make sure everything's on the up and up. And as you're probably familiar, charters incorporation documents, that's a good twenty second search.
Speaker 7: With the Secretary of State.
Speaker 8: At any time, in addition to my prior disclosure, they had the ability to check with the State of Texas and pull those documents, say okay, here's the minority share that was never concealed.
Speaker 7: As for.
Speaker 8: Equating that to endangering law enforcement, endangering the people that are part of the government that I proudly worked for, I would never put those individuals or those pro in danger, nor did I have the ability to my work with the US Trustee Department was absolutely separate from anything involving immigration or immigration enforcement. I didn't have access to their files, I didn't have knowledge of their operations.
Speaker 7: I had no way to be involved in that.
Speaker 6: And what is so like your general response, because this is and you just made this point as well, you said it is insulting to me because I dedicated myself in my career to serving the people of the United States, and now the DJ is claiming I was attempting to harm some of them, and that's not true. There has been some targeting of ICE agents. So what is your response to the argument that an app like ice Block, and being at least a minority shareholder in a company that holds the iphs all of that, what is your response to the argument that this does make it easier for anybody who wants to harmon ice officer to harmon ice officer.
Speaker 8: Well, just to reiterate, I am not involved with the ice block app, but as a citizen, as someone who you.
Speaker 7: Know may encounter ice or other situations.
Speaker 8: This this ice Block app, as it's stated on their website and in the app, the intent is to inform, not obstruct the other applications that are similar like ways could serve the same function. So the apps themselves do not endanger anyone. People's actions, people's patients, and people's understanding of what's going on with ICE operations is what could change a situation.
Speaker 4: Is there any revenue coming from this app?
Speaker 7: Not a penny?
Speaker 8: Joshua Aaron does not want to profit from people's suffering, so he does not accept any funds.
Speaker 7: For this app.
Speaker 4: How much does it cost to run?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Is it an app like this fairly simple?
Speaker 3: Or is there is it now so widely use that there's some significant amount of kind of like cloud costs or whatever else is associated with running something like this.
Speaker 4: Do you have any sense there.
Speaker 7: Are costs involved? But I don't know what they are.
Speaker 3: And do you regret like agreeing to be a minority shareholder on it? I mean, like I said, I'm somebody that thinks that this app is good and we're a free country and if somebody wants to let their neighbor know that they saw an ICE agent down the street, they should be able to do that.
Speaker 4: But given what happened, was that a mistake?
Speaker 8: No? This company that I hold a minority interest in was formed years ago, and the purpose of it was actually to develop a healthcare application that's.
Speaker 7: Still in the works.
Speaker 8: When the ice clock app was developed and released, Apple requires a developer account, and the company already had a developer account with Apple, so that was used basically to save costs and out of convenienced you.
Speaker 3: Did you know, not to cause a argument at home, but did you know when God registered it that he used the LLC that you were affiliated with?
Speaker 7: I believe I was aware of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, because my wife and I actually share an LLC, and I could imagine me going and just setting something up using it and her later being.
Speaker 4: Like, wait, you did what.
Speaker 5: I'm fired.
Speaker 7: You're probably familiar.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 8: Part of the reason that I'd just taken ownership a small piece of that company is should anything unfortunately happen to Joshua, I have the ability to wind down operations, to close up shop without you know, involving more paperworking courts.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I mean that's basically what we've got going on too. Yeah. But anyway, so.
Speaker 3: He probably told you you're not you don't quite remember.
Speaker 7: You are trying to start an argument?
Speaker 5: Is it's messy?
Speaker 4: I got it? Got it?
Speaker 3: Well, that argument already happened. If it happened, what's what's next for you?
Speaker 7: Bigger and better things. I am just exploring what those things will be right now.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, keep it, keep us updated. And the app seems like it's gating and gating in popularity, so I guess, and this probably only brings it more attention. And you know, Lumer's lumor probably boosted it by doing that.
Speaker 4: I would think, what do you think.
Speaker 8: The last I heard, there were almost a million users, So that really sounds like ever a crowdsourced app, it can really be put to good use in the community.
Speaker 4: Right well, Carolyn, thanks so much for joining us. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 3: Not the biggest deal here, But what do you think did he tell her that he was using the family I'll see.
Speaker 6: I'm more interested in when she told the Department of Justice that she had a minority share in the LLBA.
Speaker 5: I think is a pretty big question.
Speaker 6: Not that I'm aspiring her either way, yeah, yeah, yeah. And to be honest, like I think, at the end of the day, if your boss, even if your boss is wrong, if your boss says we think this app is harming our ability to do our work. It seems inevitable that that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Now, whether the.
Speaker 6: App in and of itself is good or bad, I'm honestly have two minds done. Pisco asked me the other day about Alligator Alcatraz, and it's the same thing with some of this stuff, Like, I'm up two minds about it, because on the one hand, not having enough detention centers is what created so much trafficking from cartels through Mexico because we stopped detaining people while they were waiting asylum and.
Speaker 5: All of that same thing.
Speaker 6: These Ice guys walking around not identifying themselves, in playing clothes, grabbing ramissa os turk off the street, like this stuff is incredibly disturbing. Then you have to do some of it because there are actually criminals. So it just I'm sort of split on the app itself, but it seems obvious that there was going to be a termination in this case the.
Speaker 3: Other disturbing element. And before we go, we can put up E two here. This is you know footage that's gone you know megaviral of an Ice Ice detention center, like you know, surreptitiously recorded people living for extremely long stretches in these you know, this is not where somebody goes for like an hour and then its processed somewhere else. Like people are like living like basically on top of each other inside of inside of these makeshift detention camps.
Speaker 6: And not having to do that under the Biden administration, a Bomb administration, and first Trump administration, not having to do that is what made so it's so attractive for that time period that people would come over and claim asylum because if you have to do that, you don't have such a an e the opportunity, and first like this affects people who have legitimate asylum claims, like the Venezuelan barber who was fleeing communism and ended up in Seacott.
Speaker 5: Like it's it's it's messed up.
Speaker 3: A lot of countries, you know, managed to control their immigration policies without resorting to that though, I mean, or this alligator alcatraz Or.
Speaker 5: It's so like, I mean a lot of countries don't have the volume that we have.
Speaker 6: But yeah, anyway, anyway, way, yeah, it's everything these days. You can't we can't have nice things anymore in this country, right, I guess not.
Speaker 5: We can't have competent anything.
Speaker 4: Anyway, good luck to Carolyn, Good luck to Marty.
Speaker 5: Marty was super interesting. You've known him a.
Speaker 3: While, yeah, going back to hof posts since, yes, since before he was I think yeah, before he was put in prison.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it was. It was super fascinating. So we'll stay on that story, of course, and Ryan you back this week. We're doing Friday.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm if he.
Speaker 3: My wife's getting surgery related to getting report taken out, so we'll just see when that surgery is.
Speaker 4: But I hope to hope to be able to join
Speaker 6: Played by your best Sosius to Ohazon, and we will see you back here soon