Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Carol Master Long Tim stand back.
Speaker 1: Let's get you some stocks on the move on this Tuesday with us a Bloomberg News process that reported.
Speaker 3: Janiza Sikova got to talk about to the hyperscalers, we're talking about Microsoft and Amazon. Yeah, just one day before the videos we're earnings. We're seeing Microsoft down two point seven percent and Amazon down more than four percent. That decrees AMZN. Of course it comes. Part of it was a downgrade. We saw the rating cut from by to neutral. This is called happening at Redburn, and we saw quite the reaction there. We saw a lot of announcements about more AI spending later in the day, and Microsoft was one of the companies that announced to invest up to five billion in Entropic. But we're seeing concerned building up. Obviously, NASDAK has been down for some time. Dave raced around one point eight threellion of value since mid October, so clearly AI spending. There is a lot of worry there. What we're seeing here is that the company is saying the bookcase regenerative AI is no longer clear and hyperscare should be approach with question. It's a pretty harsh warning. They say, the industry gen I narrative looks increasingly misplaced. It's very rare to place a neutral rating on Microsoft and Amazon, and ninety percent is a buy. So definitely a cracks in confidence of the big winners of the rally.
Speaker 1: Did you see that Jeff Bezos has started another AI company? I did see that raised billions of dollars. It's so it's his own money. Yeah, six billion dollar AI startup.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean listen the Prometheus. Yeah, it sounds like a Jeff basis, it does. I mean that with all due respect. Hey, let's get a home deep out because they came out with results today. Yeah, talks about six percent today. That was the worst day since February twenty twenty three. The ticker is HD. They cut therefore your earnings guidance, and they're warning that unsteady consumers are hitting the pulse button on big ticket home purchases. Of course, the housing market has been somewhat frozen, so that has been weighing on the company. Add To that, tariffs, a lot of the materials are more expensive, a lot of confusion supply chain issues, so that has been weighing on the stock that's already down eleven percent year Today, the retailer said it expects adjusted earning spirituality five percent from a year ago. The company said it's profit and comparable scales sales came in lower and expecting the last quarter. So a lot of pressure for a company that has been under macro and other uncertainty already and another earning support that they alleviate concerns.
Speaker 1: What's a big ticket item at home? Deep at the leaf blower?
Speaker 3: That's that's a big tech, A big ticket that's a but you know they're working with like do it yourself kind of that's helping. What's a big how you still love going?
Speaker 1: I don't know a fridge? Yeah, Well, Low's before market on Wednesday, so we'll get an idea of whether or not this was a home depot specific specific story or if Low's takes ahead too very briefly, Honeywell that's quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Shares of automation technology are down more than two percent today. It comes of a double downgrade from Bank of America from buy to sell a lot of pressure their companies down ten percent here today. This is the only sale rating, but clearly a lot of pressure from a double down grade. Yeah, they don't come often.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.