Speaker 1: You're in for a treat today. It's a second Date Update podcast, and we've got a brand new one for you. Yere Jeffrey in the morning, and it is wild. There are some wild turns that happened in this one because this guy said he was just gonna go move his car real quick, left the girl's apartment and then somehow ended up on a city bus heading in the wrong direction. Oh man, dude, not how you want things to go. And it only gets worse from there. So before we get to the story, let's get to some comments. Alexis, what are you seeing that you like? Yeah, Drish Schmidty said, I hope you guys read this. I listened to you at night and I laughed so hard that I can't breathe Sometimes, please sponsor me, Okay, I don't know what type of sponsorshipping one out of that, but we're usually the ones taking money you give it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my cousin just asked me to sponsor his YouTube channel too.
Speaker 1: Really, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: You think I'm just gonna give you money? And what are you gonna do for me? He goes, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, then I'm not gonna need.
Speaker 1: Some business lashes, want to buy some candy? No candy for you today, schmiddy? No, sorry, Welcome to this brand new second Date Update.
Speaker 2: Second Date Update. On this show, we talk about us being foodies quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love our food.
Speaker 2: Are eating right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, because everyone here is hungry constantly day. But if there's two single foodies out there, where's the best place for them to meet up, like.
Speaker 1: To meet for the first time, or to go on the first date, Like.
Speaker 2: How about at a local food fair? Well, yeah, two tongues dancing together over one fried gator kebab.
Speaker 1: Put that in the description and you send them your date. Idea.
Speaker 2: Sounds like love to me, but you're trying to go in on this gator stick. I bring up food fares because that's where one of our listeners met a fellow foodie recently. His name is Paul, So Paul, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you so much for helping me.
Speaker 1: Okay, the best part about being someone who loves food is it's so easy to have conversation, right, Yeah, you always have something to talk about, good or bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you don't yes, yeah, absolutely no.
Speaker 4: In fact, I met.
Speaker 3: Taylor at a street fair.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, okay, So her name is Taylor, and how did you too, like strike up a conversation? Paint the picture for us.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we were in line for the Korean corn dogs and just started chatting.
Speaker 2: The cheesy ones with the corn on the outside of it looks like the corn it's cheese.
Speaker 4: It's beyond description, and the taste was insane.
Speaker 1: This is my new summer goal to seek out write that down listeners.
Speaker 2: Korean corn dogs are where real love happens. He did, okay, And.
Speaker 1: So you and Taylor in line together? Is that how you struck up a conversation?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because she was behind me, So we just started chatting about that and then other things we had had, and then we kind of hit.
Speaker 3: It off and then we walked the whole fair.
Speaker 2: What that's awesome.
Speaker 1: You guys are out there by yourselves.
Speaker 4: I was just there for me, but Taylor was there with her sister, her sister's kids.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's easy to split off and yeah she was thankful. Yeah that's so cute. Yeah, walk in the fair together eating your Korean corn dogs. I mean this sounds like a great don't do.
Speaker 2: Something a Korean soapball? Yeah, like, what did you guys connect over?
Speaker 4: She let me choose the next place, and I happened to pick the exact one she wanted to go. And we kept doing that back and forth where we were almost like completing each other's menus as we walked along.
Speaker 2: It's like, no way I was going to I wanted to go there.
Speaker 1: How much did you eat? Maybe she's in a food comas, that's why she's not calling me back.
Speaker 3: I did have the sweats, but I tried my best to cant down.
Speaker 2: But that's the goal is to get the sweats slightly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So was this year date like just hanging out at the food fair trying stuff together?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: When I did it, I we kind of parted ways, but I said that I wanted to bring her food from my favorite restaurant.
Speaker 1: Same day. Please tell me a different day after.
Speaker 2: All this food? You know what you want? It's more food, yes, same day?
Speaker 3: Please, No, it's not. It was wasted next day.
Speaker 1: That that is a thoughtful thing to Yeah, I think anybody who likes to cook or just feed anybody else, that's just like such a good gesture and it's his love language. Yeah, how did that go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the food I knew was going to be a home run because I had some kind of leaf.
Speaker 1: And you hand delivered them hand delivered.
Speaker 4: It was handmade by an old Italian guy handed in me.
Speaker 6: I handed it to.
Speaker 2: Her like, handed it directly into her mouth. Yes, I wish she's like.
Speaker 1: I can taste the Italian. Yeah. Stay, you just dropped it off and drove off.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. No.
Speaker 3: I wanted to stay longer.
Speaker 4: But the place where I had parked had like weird signs, and I think I was like in a toe zone and I really had kind of a short window.
Speaker 1: And there wasn't any way you could just move your cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually tried to move the car because I told her I'd be.
Speaker 2: Back, Oh, just to go move it somewhere else and then come back and finish yours.
Speaker 1: Didn't you come back?
Speaker 2: No, I got to wait. Wait you got Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to deal with all that, and so I was just hoping to bounce out, bounce back. But here I am, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To get the car off the wreckord and the guy's not even listening to me.
Speaker 1: They'll never take it off. They act like it's some law, and I call bs. I'm sorry. I have argued with too many tow truck drivers. As soon as the wheels are uplifted off the grill, we can't do anything.
Speaker 2: I bet you you gave him like a hundred box.
Speaker 1: I have tried.
Speaker 2: Oh really, they are really stubborn but excellently soft lips. Right, so you weren't able to get your car off the toe.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't too wonderful.
Speaker 1: Then they impounded, Then you have to go to the pound place, then you have to have cash. It all sucks.
Speaker 2: Well, no, what did you do about Taylor?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm done with the car.
Speaker 3: So I'm texting her telling you that I'm going to come back.
Speaker 4: And then now the next thing you know, I'm on a bust.
Speaker 1: Wait to go get your car. Did you not tell her that your car got towed?
Speaker 3: No? I thought I could just get the car and come back like nothing had happened.
Speaker 1: But rookie mistake. That's just like Murphy's law.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh man? So wait, did you ever make it back there at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I just told her that I'd hit her up.
Speaker 1: No wonder she.
Speaker 2: Feels like you like ditched her in the middle.
Speaker 5: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Did you ever explain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told her I'd explain it on our next day, but it didn't sound like she was interested.
Speaker 1: I mean, I totally get your circumstances and why you wouldn't want to say anything, but to her, it's probably a red flag that you're that unreliable.
Speaker 2: It's also a sign you shouldn't park in that area flag it's blocked off. So how long has it been since your mishap with Taylor and the Canoli's.
Speaker 3: It's been like a week.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we had to get you a second date so that that six hundred dollars or whatever it was to get your actually worth the HU.
Speaker 2: Also, did she eat the Canolis? How good were they?
Speaker 1: This is the best restaurant you've ever been to, you know.
Speaker 2: I really like how Brooke is super focused on the money. Jose's really focused on the food. Alexis I'm not sure if she's paying attention. TikTok on something. We're going to do something. We're gonna get some answers for everybody when we come back and do your second date update right after this hold on Second Date update. One of the most tragic stories we have ever heard on this segment about a lonely canoli yes, sitting on a plate, crying yea, waiting for a warm mouth to bite into it, swallow it, and help fulfill its culinary destiny. The children's movie we had an animated canoli.
Speaker 1: We don't think she just ate two.
Speaker 2: It's possible, I wouldn't. We don't know because our listener Paul never returned to eat his canoli and finish his date with Taylor because his car got towed, and we all feel bad for Paul, but that canoli. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It is so crazy to sit down at a person's house to share a meal with them, go to move your car, and then never return.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and keep telling him I'll be back, I'll be back yeah a second. Yeah, never show. But at least, like they said, he was texting or trying to keep her informed on what was going on vaguely, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell her the whole story on their next date. That just never happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, So we're going to try to make that happen for him, hopefully get redemption for Paul, but more importantly for that canoli. Yeah, Paul, you ready for this?
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely ready?
Speaker 2: Everybody, Hashbag Team cannoli. If you're posting on social.
Speaker 1: Have me, she cried into those canolis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only one way to find out is by dialing her number right now. We'll see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to Taylor.
Speaker 5: Does is she may?
Speaker 3: Ask?
Speaker 5: Is calling you May?
Speaker 2: You're We're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hi Taylor, Hi, Yeah, we're all wanting to talk to you about actually a date that you went on recently with one of our listeners, a guy named Paul.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, okay, I think I know what this is. I think seeing you guys on social media.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. Hey thanks, did you like to follow.
Speaker 4: Smash that subscribe?
Speaker 1: But that's why she just did it now uninstalled TikTok foreveryth listening to it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is a second date update. And we know that you and Paul met at a food fair recently and you had a brief hangout with him the week after that didn't go quite according to play.
Speaker 1: It was the next night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was weird. It was gross gross?
Speaker 2: Was the food the food just the situation.
Speaker 1: Well, we make sense why you'd be upset for sure.
Speaker 2: Because we're aware that things were left on kind of a weird note because he said he was leaving to go move his car. He was supposed to be real quick and he came back, but he never he never did.
Speaker 5: He told me that he had to grab something out of his car.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the truth is he had to move it. Yeah, and he didn't do a very good job of explaining what happened next.
Speaker 5: No, he didn't because he never told me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well I.
Speaker 1: Think he was hoping to explain in person. It was pretty embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's a lot of sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I appreciated him bringing meat dinner, but yeah, he was definitely in a different state of mind. Like, the whole situation was pretty weird.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, the whole situation of him leaving was pretty weird? Was there something weird before?
Speaker 5: I mean, he was definitely different than he was the day before. Like he sat down, he was checking his phone. He seemed like rushed, nervous.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little hungry, wanting. I was really looking forward to sharing it with you. He made that very clear to us. Do you think maybe nerves played into it at all.
Speaker 5: So I think I know what the real story is, and that's why I'm actually not responding to him.
Speaker 2: Real story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think the real story is?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I was cleaning up after he left, and I found the receipt still in the bag that he brought, and it was a name and address. It's like a completely different street, like a delivery going somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, did he accidentally takes someone to go? Like I've almost the canoli order wasn't for him? Maybe not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I don't know. He must have stole the meal from like an Uber eats driver.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, stop stop, that is such an accusation.
Speaker 2: Serious.
Speaker 5: You explained the receipt with all the different information and then he's like, I'll be back in ten minutes, I'll be back in twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well we should find out right now, because Paul, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here, Taylor.
Speaker 2: He's actually been on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh god, Paul, Taylor, Taylor, I promise you I did not steal that from an Uber Eats driver.
Speaker 2: Where'd the receipt come from?
Speaker 1: Then there's probably a mix up.
Speaker 3: I am an Uber eats driver?
Speaker 4: What who?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Still doesn't explain it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 5: You tell me that I just didn't.
Speaker 4: It was going to come up eventually, but I just didn't really know how to say it, and I was just more interested in the food and your reaction action to the food.
Speaker 1: Wait, but why was the receipt to somebody else?
Speaker 4: Paul?
Speaker 1: Did you not order the food? Doesn't matter if you're an Uber eats driver or not.
Speaker 4: The order was was for somebody else and they had canceled, and so I had the food, and so I did they really canceled?
Speaker 2: Then cancels?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: One I ate someone else's Canoi?
Speaker 1: You would cancel if your uber's taking a long time because he stopped at someone's house. Yeah, it's wait. So wait, I thought your car got towed. I thought that was the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Are your car got food?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Look, I wait, I didn't for the show.
Speaker 4: I just thought it would sound better if my car got towed way.
Speaker 1: Because you had to finish a shift. It's on your own time, though. Yeah, but if you have food in the car that you have to drop off at somebody's house, alexis.
Speaker 2: He stole the food dropping off at her house and he's like in the car, Oh, you had to finish another order.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was going to be that busy that night, but my phone just came blowing up, and I just kept getting delivery after deli.
Speaker 5: On so many different levels.
Speaker 3: But because look, I'm not on apps, and and I don't really date a whole lot, and I don't really meet people that really set me off, like the way you did when we met at the food fair, I was like, got another world. And so just to have an opportunity, even if it was just short, to spend any time with you, for me was worth anything, including just a small lie.
Speaker 5: That sounds really sweet. So like, I can't see someone who has lied to me so many times, like upon meeting.
Speaker 2: Taylor, are you forgetting the gift of the delicious Taylor?
Speaker 3: You have to admit that cannoli was amazing?
Speaker 5: Can you deny that it was amazing? But the rest of it is just too weird for me.
Speaker 1: Paul needs to apologize. He lied from the moment the food got there. He lied to us, He lied to her about why he left.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I support him lying to us, But the other stuff, that's okay.
Speaker 6: I just if I could just apologize and I'm sorry for putting anyone through this, but I really just want a second chance, And if I could take you out and really really show you who I am, I really believe this can be a thing.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that? Taylor? He's inviting you onto his next uber each shift.
Speaker 1: Which is actually super helpful because if one person runs the orders out and the other stays in the car, you don't have to find parking nice.
Speaker 2: You want to eat together.
Speaker 5: To that does not sound very enticing to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to ask an unpopular question here, Taylor. Do you have a problem dating an uber eats driver?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh no, of course not. But an Uber eats driver who has lied to me and been very like mysterious fishy streams like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, that's fine. I'm gonna be one hundred percent honest with you. I stole someone's food and.
Speaker 3: I gave it to you, and you you're as well.
Speaker 2: That has to be refreshing to get that kind of honesty, Taylor.
Speaker 5: Wow, that is refreshing. Oh goody, I'm gonna I'm gonna have to go.
Speaker 2: Well, before you go, I just need to ask you if you'd like to meet up with Paul one more time, maybe on that Uber eats route. I'm assuming it's a yes no, Jeff.
Speaker 5: I don't know how else to say it, but that's a giant no.
Speaker 1: Did the little Italian place get a new customer?
Speaker 5: I'm never eating a cannoli ever again.
Speaker 2: You can't spell no without cannoli. There we go. Yeah you can wait. You can't spell canoli without no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can spell candles. I'm gonna start spelling no as.
Speaker 2: Darn it. Well, sorry, Paul.
Speaker 1: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Is honesty always the best policy?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I just like honestly, any honesty would be a good policy, just even announce of it, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Well, Paul was honest at the end there and admitted that he stole the canoli from somebody else. And even that wasn't enough to win her get credit for.
Speaker 1: Being honest after you lied and then got caught fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: That is true. He did lie to us multiple times before that, and you should know we don't like to be lied to. We like to be lied on. Right, broke, Okay, the mess up.
Speaker 1: I actually still really liked Paul. I hope Paul thinks I know his line issue because I think that he sounded like a good guy.
Speaker 2: You're just sweet talking him for free.
Speaker 1: Conole and I don't not a bad play on jeff If.
Speaker 2: You want free stuff, we do this show for free. Yeah, you're welcome. You check it out wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey. And if you want our assistance, email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning or