Speaker 1: What's up? Boys, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Will Compton, alumni of Nebraska, the Cornhuskers.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we're gonna fucking talk about that shit. Dude. Before we do, we.
Speaker 2: Got a shout out our presenting sponsor. As always, never no free shoutouts on this podcast. If you're just joining us, you're a Green Bay fan ready to listen to the Aaron Rodgers podcast. Or I'm sure the millions and billions of Joe Rogan listeners are now like, oh, what's Aaron Rodgers? What podcast has he been on? They're gonna see the Bust with the Boys just released. By the way, a huge compliment of Joe Rogan to try and cuck us and get in front of us on this Aaron Rodgers episode.
Speaker 1: Shout out to him, he's a vet in the game. We're new.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But that's a lot of respect, I think to Busting with the Boys. The fact that it's known that we're releasing an Aaron Rodgers episode. Joe, very dear friend of mine was like, Hey, I'm gonna cuck you. You know one day we'll I'll get you on the Joe Rogan podcast. You know what I mean, it'll be good drama because there's a lot of drama actually in the podcast world right now.
Speaker 1: You Yeah, Joe's playing a long play.
Speaker 2: He wants to get my attention, so I'll try to come on, you know, his Joe Rogan podcast.
Speaker 1: Where is he Leaven Live? Now? I think he's No. I'm not sure either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ohla, that's that's what we needed though, that's what we needed.
Speaker 1: Oh you really don't know, Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh but like I said, heay shout out to Chevy Silverado. No free shoutouts to the Boys. Every team starts the season undefeated. Everybody in the NFL is undefeated right now. Everybody's got a shout out the Super Bowl. But there's one team who's already won it all and that team is Chevy. It's star player, you guessed at the Silverado. According to JD. Power, Chevy is the most awarded brand for new vehicle quality and Chevy Trucks has won more new Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand in the world. That's some serious hardware for the boys. But champions don't stop. Chevy doesn't stop. They keep moving forward. That's what the Boys do. From the LTAM model to the most extreme Silverado ever this yar too. Chevy gave the Silverado a new interior with larger infotainment screen and a digital instrument cluster that you guys will love and the family will have a ball with it every day on a daily basis. They gave it towing technology for with up to fourteen available camera views. It's always truck season here bustle with the boys, and now it's also tailgate season.
Speaker 1: What better way to roll up to a tailgate? It's a nice.
Speaker 2: Sunday morning, Saturday morning for the college football fans out there. What better way to roll to a tailgate than in a new Chevy Silverado boasting a larger, more functional bed than any other competitor out there. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Chevy Silverado. And for those people out there that are really curious about that information and want to double check me in fact check me on the series hardware that Chevy's brought home, you can go to jdpower dot com Forward Slash Awards for that award information.
Speaker 1: Kind Of.
Speaker 2: I feel like I kind of bodied that at read right there, can we get a moment of sonce for that Ed Reid, all.
Speaker 1: Right, boys, can we bring some fucking juice to the bus. There's a lot of shit going on.
Speaker 2: There's there's there's super there's lows right now, and that low is.
Speaker 1: Did any of you guys expect us to lose the Northwestern?
Speaker 2: Be fucking real, JP, Did you think we were gonna lose Northwestern?
Speaker 4: I'll say this, I thought you guys were gonna win. But I wouldn't be surprised because Northwestern's quarterback transferred from South Carolina. He was against South Carolina, I had some injuries things. Lay's talented guy, so it says a lot about South Carolina's program.
Speaker 1: We let that guy go must mean we have something good cooking.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: There was there was no part of me. There was zero part of me. I was like, we're back. It's fucking that first drive with Casey Thompson in that offense, just piecing up that defense. We throw a bomb fucking Randy Mossel boy in the end zone. I was like, we are here, Like we're going all the way. We're fucking going eleven in one. Just like I said, I also said, if you wanted to lose any game, you wanted to be the first game of the season. So not to pull an insurance policy out, but there's a lot going on right now in the college football world. We are the talk of the town because we were like the only good game on on Saturday. And I do appreciate everybody who roots for other teams and they tune into the Nebraska Huskers just because they know. I have a very high level of emotional investment in the Huskers, because people hit me up like, hey, how you doing, Like that's a tough loss. What the fuck just happened? Like I knew you guys sucked, Like will your trash again? But there's no part of me that I thought we were gonna lose that game. But I am not the type to hit the fucking panic button. We don't hit the panic button. There's a couple things in that game that you get corrected, you get fixed, you take some accountability. We're like, we just got to regroup, beat the shit out of North Dakota.
Speaker 1: Everyone assumes that.
Speaker 2: I think that's always the shitty part about losing an opener like that to Northwestern. Now, hats off to Northwestern. They seem to be a dominant force in the Big Ten. We could be looking at the future Big Ten championship. Maybe we'll see them again down the road. I don't know if they're in the other division. I should probably know that. But let's not get it twisted. We have no clue if North Dakota is like them, you know what I mean, And we might have just.
Speaker 1: Played ball with the future top five team. That time will tell.
Speaker 2: But as far as handling us and keeping it in house internally, you gotta watch the tape.
Speaker 1: You gotta understand that.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to the fucking noise, don't listen to the outside, don't read Will's Twitter, don't fucking read all the hater shit out there. We need to watch the tape. We need to understand that we sucked at tackling. We had bad eyes on defense. That's not the black shirt product. That's gonna be consistent carryover from what we had last year. The boys are gonna get right. I'm not worried about that. I think the offense. I think the offense played well. There's some drop balls out there. Now, you ask yourself six hour jet lag, we traveled across the pond in the foreign soil. Is there something that they're like, Yes, they went through it too. Northwestern. Those boys went through it too. They have boy better degrees than we do at Nebraska. They understand the science, they understand how to take care of themselves. I feel like a little bit better than the boys at Nebraska. So even though they both went with the six hour jet lag that could have played into it, all I'm saying is I'm not gonna hit the fucking panic button like everybody else screaming and losing their.
Speaker 1: Fucking mind right now, because that's what happens at Nebraska.
Speaker 2: We're about to win a Nattie fire that motherfucker frost before he gets on the plane within hours. You know what I'm saying. That's Nebraska, and I'm not gonna stir that pot. I'm not fucking doing it because I'm in the long run with the boys. You correct a few things, I'm not gonna blame the refs. I'm gonna say something now it's blame the ref but I'm not gonna say that that's what the game was on. They fucked up that call. That fumble call. It should have never. It shouldn't have been a fumble. We should have had that ball. We were rolling all offense killed our momentum, and we would have been up twenty one.
Speaker 1: Ten going in the halftime.
Speaker 2: Now where I will say that, what the fuck moment of the game was that onside kick in the third quarter with nine minutes left. There's listen, we just gained a lot of momentum, we scored, we pick it off, we score again. We're fucking feeling ourselves that quick after the third quarter. We had an incredible halftime speech. I'm sure these boys can't fucking hang with us. There's too many white guys on the field. Let's drag them. And we took him to the deep end. And I don't know what the communication was. I appreciate Scott taking a lot of bullets at the presser saying it was his call.
Speaker 1: You can only imagine.
Speaker 2: Imagine it's either his call or the coordinator thinks he had a plan and he signed off on it. Yes, if you get that onside kick, of course we're all singing, Holly Luiah. What an incredible call. However, fuck man, we got all the momentum, we got everything. The boys are playing now. One game doesn't decide anything. Again, I'm here for the positive vibes. We're pro vibes. We're just this is the This is the overreaction Monday that we're at right now.
Speaker 1: This was you know, but.
Speaker 2: Small things are correct accountability, drag out, dragged the fuck out of North Dakota. The hard part is when you're in college and you lose a game like that. And I know I said that earlier, but here's the point I was getting at. You think the world's falling on you, and you want to hurry up and play a good team so you can get that bad taste out of your mouth because of who we play in North Dakota and Georgia Southern. Are those of the two teams? Yeah, those are the next two weeks. The next two weeks. If you're about that fucking life in the Nebraska locker room, which I'm sure they are, they're not gonna say stuff like this. They're gonna say, we respect the game, we gotta play everybody.
Speaker 1: True. That is true.
Speaker 2: However, we should, if we are who we think we are, we should dog walk the shit out of North Dakota Georgia Southern. That just is what it is until we get the Sooners at home on my Birthday weekend. But that's gonna be the game where it's like all right, here's what we get back.
Speaker 1: Right, Here's where we prove them that week zero is a fluke.
Speaker 2: By the way, week zero people do argue that that game doesn't fucking count because it's not really Week one. Again, no panic button pro vibes. We are bringing the juice to Nebraska this weekend. If you're in Lincoln or you're in Nebraska, the bus is gonna be in Lincoln on Friday, or we're gonna be We're gonna be stationed right where we were last year, right where they dropped the boys off at the Unity Walk in that little what do they call it, the little fucking section in campus, like a little quad area in campus in front of the Union, the boneyard. The bus is gonna be right there. We're gonna betail game. We're gonna be drinking some bruise. I don't know what the rules are there, so I don't want to say a whole lot. We're gonna be drinking a lot of fluid to hydrate ourselves. We're gonna have a great time. We were bringing the fucking energy to Nebraska. Join us, have fun with us. We're gonna be making content, having a great time. But you can catch to Nebraska this weekend. We'll be there, ready to go, ready, ready to get the boys back on track. I'm excited to dat the boys up, look him in the eye and say hey, buddy, let's fucking go. So that's all go. I don't know how long that was of at tangent on Nebraska. I wanted to keep it short for you guys. What do we have next? I'm flustered. I'm fucking.
Speaker 1: In.
Speaker 3: Recent news Brett Kern release and our boy Taylor, which, yeah, if you're a if you're a Titans fan, you know how important Brett Kerr has been to the organization. I mean, the longest tenured player that we've had active. He was the third longest tenured player in the Titans franchise history.
Speaker 1: So he's been on the Titans since he came into the league. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, he started with Denver and he was there for like that because he was on the pod and go check out that pod. He held a riveting story. But he got cut from Denver after two seasons and then he got picked up by the Titans and has been with us for the last thirteen secs.
Speaker 2: So Brett Man, that's like this is a prime example like cut day is always tough. I've been literally in every corner of cut day where you feel good, you think your job's protected.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, let's use him now.
Speaker 2: If finally preseasons over, thank god, let's focus on week one.
Speaker 1: I've been where I'm I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to call reporters, text reporters, try and text, like not exactly coaches, but maybe the assistants that would know a little bit more like, hey, what are they saying to where your nervouses all get out? Like you just laid it on the line. You might have some good you have some good tape, you have some bad tape. You think all the coaches are in there probably talking about your bad tape, and that's probably why you'll get cut. Wishing damn, I wish I had those plays back watching watching the tape yourself, like cussing yourself out, assuming the worst and the most and cut day always sucks. But speaking on Brett, that's tough for everybody in that building. Obviously Brett, he doesn't want to leave. He wants to do, you know, plain to the campag anymore. I'm sure with the Titans, like he's been here for thirteen years, Like you said, the most tenured Titan. Now it's the boy tailor, which that's a big responsibility. That's he's the only guy that's witnessed I think a losing season on the Titans roster now correct, But it sucks from every angle man And it's like, you know, Brett is a pro bowpunter, He's gonna get picked up right away, but you know what you're getting over the next year or two with him, however he finishes out his deal. However, there's a young kid who's got an absolute cannon for a leg that seems it seems like he has really good potential. It seems like the stuff he needs to work on, those can be developed with time with patients. And so as the GM and all the front office they sit there, it's the hardest decision to make cutting somebody that you love and you know is a good player, and you have to think five to ten years down the road versus this season, next season, and all that stuff. But everyone in the cafeteria loves him, the equipment room, the locker room loved him, The coaches loved him.
Speaker 1: Fuck the bus loves him.
Speaker 2: All the Titans Nation loves him like, that's just a hard business decision to make, making that phone call. Hey, can you coming and talk to me? And you sit there, you kind of all know what it is. You give a massive hug and it just sucks. Man, you gotta part ways, Like I understand the decision. It just sucks, which reminds me. And this is very well needs to happen. But can we have a moment of silence for Brett Curran, greatest punter ever put on a Titan uniform. Thanks, boys, I think better respect that because he probably listens.
Speaker 1: Taylor's not the longest in You're Titan? All right? So what else do we have?
Speaker 2: Nebraska trip this weekend we covered that shout out know if you shut out that it's coming along very well.
Speaker 1: House is Dragon updates? Are you boys caught up? Listen?
Speaker 2: If you're a fan of House of Dragon, you haven't watched it yet. Number one, that shows that you're not a tier one House to Dragon. It's all good, We're gonna talk about it, but you should catch up and watch House to Dragon.
Speaker 1: With all of the the.
Speaker 2: With all the opinions on how Game of Thrones ended, there was a lot of pressure for House of Dragon to deliver because Game of Thrones is arguably the greatest series to be created. Now, that's arguable. There's a lot of good ones out there we talked about on the last podcast, but with the generation that we're in now, to where everybody feels like a community tuning in on Sundays, Game of Thrones has everybody's heart, had everybody's heart, there's a lot of mixed emotions. Housa Dragon now needs to come in with a lot of pressure and expectation. I'm sure all the people in their front office have seen all the opinions and pissed off fans out there, but you gotta deliver. With that said, House of Dragon is fucking awesome. I think it's a hitter. There's a lot of chess being played right now, and is it we figure out? I always butcher names. I'm terrible with names. Rania Rania, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We'll just go with that until someone corrects.
Speaker 1: Someone corrects this.
Speaker 2: But Rania, you see, she's got that young like Thundercat vibe in or she's that kid who understands she's getting disrespected in front of her parents and in front of people.
Speaker 1: That have status over her.
Speaker 2: She swallows her pride because she understands the game that's being played against her right now, and she goes with it because she knows where well, she knows where she's gonna get her calculated shots in. And that's I think that's a storyline I love the most. That would hit her big time is when her best friend or was it her cousin. I believe it's her cousin.
Speaker 1: I want to say they're related in some way either way, best friend too, definitely best friend.
Speaker 2: They're choosing Viseri's toll. He's gonna grow with her, and that was a moment that kind of took it away. However, I think there's such a focus on that moment because it's showing how Raniera feels threatened because now Dad can have an air with it's a boy, if it's a boy with her best friend, which is a threat to her being on the throne. Because Raniera's got the juice to be a queen like she's got it and she knows it.
Speaker 1: She knows if anything is.
Speaker 2: Against her, it's it's time because her dad needs to die for her to be the fucking queen.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I think it makes it interesting for how maybe she offs her old man, I have no clue. Now we're just guessing I didn't read the books.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I haven't done any of that going down loopholes and shit like that.
Speaker 1: But that's how I kind of see that going.
Speaker 2: And it's I'm a big fan of Rainier, Like that's the kind of one I want to see unfold. I think Damon he's a wild card. They're known for their incest in the family line. Maybe fucking Daimon and Ranier get after it a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I fucking massive like rivalry.
Speaker 3: Right scene between them where Ranier disobeys her father's orders and then goes and just takes the dragon egg back.
Speaker 1: That shit.
Speaker 3: That was like the first moment we were like, all right, this chick scott balls Like she's not afraid to like step out of line, but she also keeps it like very respectful when she's like speaking to everyone all like the older counsel and like.
Speaker 1: Because she's playing she knows how to play the game.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the long come bro when she's sitting in that council room and she kind of said what she would do by with Dragonstone going there, they kind of like obviously belittled her and shit on her and made her try to be superior over she took it to the chin, and it's like, all right, we'll see how this unfolds. I'm gonna ride my fucking dragon over there and let them know how this goes down.
Speaker 1: Because she she saved bloodshed.
Speaker 2: And she told the hand who kind of like, uh, sir, like let's be real, like, let's let the big dogs talk at the dinner table and she can go play in the kids room. And so she looks him in the eyes, swallows her pride, says, I'm saving bloodshed.
Speaker 1: Does her thing is respectable? Like you said?
Speaker 2: Jack walks off, goes flies home. Her dad realizes like, oh, she could be a fucking player. And I think that's why her dad picks her best friend, because I think he kind of knows that she's got that kind of juice.
Speaker 3: So you think she's almost trying to like delay the inevitable of her becoming the new era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they both all kind of know, and they're all playing the most civilized game of chess without being emotional about it. Like she knows what game she needs to play, and I think her dad knows, like, oh, shit, like she's the real fucking deal. Like I wish she was a dude because we could just make that the air and I can live my life peacefully. But now I feel like I gotta protect my legacy and she might change it a little bit because she's challenging me in front of everybody else. It's a bad look on the old man. Now I need to figure out how I can get my power back. I think I'm gonna bang her best friend create an air, hoping it's a boy. That's That's what I'm kind of guessing.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I mean in a perfect world, he wishes he had a son to take the air, and he doesn't want his brother, and he doesn't want to be the first king to I like a woman and take the throne. So he's got a lot of hard decisions to face.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're all polling for Ranera. I mean she's so she's a like she's doing.
Speaker 2: It so yeah. No, I think she's kind of the fan favor right now. I think where it gets interesting if her and the Damon thing plays out. But you never know, we don't want to get ahead of ourselves. I'm saying that House of Dragon is the real deal, and I think they're doing a phenomenal job so far. So everybody who's on the fence about it, you should tune in. If you watch it and we just spoiled some shit, then you know you gotta get up to date because this pod is all about fucking House of Dragon.
Speaker 3: Just know when when we update on the beginning of the week. We're going to be covering House of Dragon every week moving forward to get this part.
Speaker 1: If you don't want any spoilers, yeah.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you Duke Cannon. I hope you guys are enjoying this episode. I hope you guys are enjoying the intro. This is going to be in the intro part right BLOSSI uh, Duke Cannon. Their deodorant is made for the boys to run hot. You see the boy right now, I'm pitting a little bit, and you know why because I came straight from the workout and didn't have a chance to put on that dry ice deodoran. Because dry ice not only cools you the entire day, but it also is what's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: It's like resistant.
Speaker 2: It doesn't let the sweat come out and pour all over into your shirt like mine's doing under the right pit right now.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to put.
Speaker 2: The deodorant aside for a second because there's a product that I am becoming obsessed over and it is their coal mining face wash. The scent that they have on that soap lotion face wash is incredible. I'm washing my face three times a day and I'm not bullshitting you.
Speaker 1: That's no pause.
Speaker 2: I'm using that lotion on my face or face washed on my face three times a day because I absolutely love the call money. That is now my favorite product over the Sandalwood Colone. I'm still a big believer in the Sandalwood Colone. I like, I mean, Duke Cann's got a roster of products that I think you guys will enjoy. They're also fucking homegrown. They're not the corporate products that you see in all the aisles. They have like their little section, But Duke Can is like the small the grinders, dude.
Speaker 1: They work with the military. They're not for clowns.
Speaker 2: They have some subliminal messaging that's actually pretty funny and humorous, like on their product. But they're like the little guy who's like coming up. You know what, I mean, and they're using busting with the boys to promote their product. But that's why you guys need to go check them out at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order. That's Duke Cannon dot com. Use code busting for fifteen percent off. Back to the episode, did you see what's going on? You see I Am Athlete now speaking on the Pivot?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, was that where your tweet was about earlier? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you want to talk.
Speaker 3: About that because I was a little confused.
Speaker 1: I wasn't in What time are we have with the intro right now? Okay, yeah we can.
Speaker 2: Then we can do our shot out no free shot out, and then get get into this Aaron Rodgers podcast. So the Pivot is now coming out speaking on our I Am Athlete is now coming out speaking on the breakup with the Pivot all the guys, and you're kind of hearing it more from not only Brandon Marshall's perspective, but pac Man, Uh McCoy and who's the other guy that's on the show. I don't want to disrespect him by not knowing his name, but they're on they're on the pod with Joe buden because Joe Buddens went through a couple of big breakups and they're kind of talking through like the messiness of how personal friendship relationship gets involved with business, and you know, because Pivot has been very open about their breakup with I Am Athletes and Brandon hasn't said a whole lot now on this episode with I Am Athlete, which both great channels. They're they're both massive. We'd love to be fucking like those boys one day, I think we will be.
Speaker 1: I would love to be there.
Speaker 2: But they're kind of going back and forth and telling their side of the story, so I think it's all like, it's all super interesting stuff. There's things that I'm listening to to where I understand this, the stuff that.
Speaker 1: What do you what are you looking at? JP?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Nick Young, Brandon Jennings, they feeled it. Yeah, they're kind of I feel like they're in the middle of continuing to like figure it out because I didn't know Ocho Sinko left for Miam Athlete.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. But you're getting the perspective of.
Speaker 2: Brandon Marshall's side now, where it's just interesting to hear, you can see where there's lapses in communication along the way. You can see where maybe greed gets involved a little bit. You can understand the business piece on when they all wanted to buy in or just be paid his talent, and then after shows blowing up, they want to go back and actually talk about it again. And then the you know, the price went up because now it's blowing up. There's just a lot of that drama and dynamic and they get into the weeds about how that all unfolded.
Speaker 1: Because you can.
Speaker 2: Clearly see, like if you're somebody who follows, because I do, I follow the Pivot and I follow I am athlete. We've had the Pivot guys on here, big fans of big fans of the guys on the Pivot. I've always watched Brandon Marshall with I am Athlete from Afar. I think he has a good show too, But I've always been a fan like RC, you know, on CARCA. I played with him for a year in Washington, and then having Fred and Channing on the bus, like we obviously know their side and we love the shit that they do, but you just get that you get a different perspective because if you've been a listener on both shows, you very much see that they're in the middle, that they compete, Like you see it on their Instagram stories when they're like, you know, I am athlete, might say more than just a show, and then you might see the pivot do they're posting like you know, everybody has a podcast, but not everybody can pivot. Like they're all like they're competing whether or not they play the whole.
Speaker 1: We want everybody to.
Speaker 2: Win, Like I want to say, RC tweeted like, you know, no worries and no hard feelings. I'd want to talk about us to lions, don't concern themselves with opinions of sheep, and it's kind of like, okay, no hard feelings, no worries your sheep. So like you see the dynamic like they are. I feel like if you're anybody watching from Afar, they're very much in direct competition because there are times right here the pivots say stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm like, are they talking to me? Specifically? Busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: But if you're not caught up on any of their stuff, we had the Pivot guys on, you can well listen to that podcast where they talk about the breakup with I Am Athlete and now it's kind of fresh after the breakup too, And then I Am Athlete just came out with their episode with Joe butten where they get into the details and weeds a lot of like the whole business balancing personal professional trying to navigate all that, which is all good shit to learn, like Taylor and I are in the business together. And I tweeted what Jack's referencing is? I tweeted, is Busting with the Boys the only multi athlete show that has no like past drama? But anyway, you know we're gonna live on the internet have fun with it. Should get should we get in?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 2: So the Aaron Rodgers podcast the reason we have a longer intro right now. We were time caffed on this Aaron Rodgers podcast again. We went to Green Bay. We did how many conversations that day? Four four conversations Lafleur and Aaron Rodgers were one and two and we had to get those in before a team meeting. So my nerves were pretty high because I like to be prepared for all the episodes, and we were told that we only had like twenty minutes with Aaron Rodgers and the time slot. We had Lafleur on at nine in the morning. Lafleur shows up a little late accountability. We run over with Lafleur past ten o'clock when Aaron was supposed to come on. We were gonna have Aaron from ten am to ten twenty because they had a meeting at eleven. So when we're wrapping up with the Pasasha and Lafleur, I'm already like got anxiety. I've had nothing but caffeine, didn't eat, was fasting because of my fat ass eight too much of the night before, So I'm all which way sideways and trying to figure out if Aaron and Tanyan are showing up. Aaron comes on to like ten fifteen, ten twenty, and my man, the media guy in the back, we we.
Speaker 1: Stretched Aaron out as long as possible.
Speaker 2: We actually had him on for like thirty thirty eight minutes, I think, and the dudes in the back wave in his arm like you know, cut in where you know the boys are in the back kind of trying not to look or see him because we're in the middle of some conversation with the goat with Aaron Rodgers and so I personally, it's one of those things where I checked the tape. There's questions I wish I would have thrown in there and would have been thinking about. But all in all, like it's a good episode. You get a you know, he talks a lot. I asked the most important question of all time, you know, as you guys will hear it, the very first question.
Speaker 1: Then we get into Lafleur in Masascia.
Speaker 2: Lafleur alludes to a play in Detroit that Aaron Rodgers had where he got MFT. He basically got sunned for the first time by Aaron Rodgers and realized like, oh, this dude has awareness of the most elite level I've ever seen. And Aaron kind of talks really good about the dynamic of his relationship with Lafleur where they had to kind of grow and meet id on a couple of things. And then we ask a fun like start bench cut a fun question at the end of the pot. But all in all, it was a good episode. I just wish fucking Joe Rogan cucking me and he does a three hour drop of Aaron Rodgers and we got our fucking thirty minute bottle of Aaron Rodgers. But uh, but.
Speaker 1: You guys are gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 2: If you're watching right now, take a couple of seconds, just subscribe to the YouTube. If you're listening to the Boys right now, subscribe on Apple and Spotify or Google Play. If you're watching, we got our new merch for those Packer fans watching right now. We got a fucking shirt creative for you guys. And you guys are actually doing well, I think in the last number check as far as like person and this stuff.
Speaker 1: The Lightning t is here to fucking stay.
Speaker 2: The Boys, the mascot, and the goddamn Lightning going down. Go purchase our stuff store dot barstool sports dot com Forward slash Busting with the Boys. You'll see it at the top. We dropped our entire football line. You guys are gonna love it. Get geared up for the season. Now we're gonna get into our shout out free shout out segment of the week, and then we're gonna roll right into the Aaron Rodgers episode bloss kick this thing off, brother, like, let's have some good vibes.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: My shout out this week wasn't something that I actually experienced personally, but it was the text messages that I got late last Was it Saturday? Is that the day that you were at the wedding? It's a text that I got late Saturday. I was just going about my night and I receive a text message from somebody I haven't heard in a little while. It was my buddy Damien, and he sends me a selfie with him and JP at the same wedding. And I was thinking to myself, I wonder how this wedding went for JP. Because anytime you're invited somewhere that you don't really know anybody, you don't know who's going to be there. Hell, you you really just don't even want to be there, and you meet somebody that you have a common interest with and that common interest either carries the night or you just build upon. That was the only thing that I was going through. My mind was like, man, that's awesome. So my shout out, no free shout out, goes to, you know, having a common interest with somebody at an unexpected event or an event that you don't even want to be at.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one. That's a good one. Yeah, Jackie boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mine's gonna be short and sweet and right off the bat. You might think it's something that is not that like worthy of a shout out, but my shout out. Know, if your shout out goes to waking up with a fully charged phone, and I get it, we all should be waking up with a fully charged phone.
Speaker 1: It's twenty twenty two. We have an outlet.
Speaker 3: But the way I'm gonna like spin this is when you wake up without a fully charged phone. That is when you're like, motherfucker, like kind of like your day's a little bit dependent, like the first hour or so. It's like if you gotta like run to the gym or like you got to like an early meeting, it's like you gotta scramble to get your phone charged up. So it's like it almost is like the next day, when you wake up in your phone, you like remember to plug it in and you get it, and you wake up you're.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. You're like, all right, we're back to normal, like something.
Speaker 3: You maybe take for granted. But when you're in a pinch and you got like four percent battery laughing, you wake up, it fucking sucks. So it's the little thing shout out to having a fully charged phone. I woke up this morning with one prease start to the Monday.
Speaker 2: I I see where you're going with that one. Like I understand you did a great job for those degenerates that don't plug their phone in every night, but I think you're just showing how irresponsible you can be at times. Maybe because if anything, like I get mad when I don't want my phone is in charge, I'm like, you dumb motherfucker.
Speaker 1: But I think, like it's just that should be second nature. It is.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's what I explain too, Like right out the gate, I know something that shouldn't deserve a shout out, but it's when you don't have it, it makes you realize how important it is to have a fully charged phone. But you're right, if you don't have a fully charged phone at least ninety eight percent of every morning, you are a fucking degenerate. So we've all been there once or twice, but you know, one hundred percent action. I'm charging up right now. But you know, it's been a big day on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Say short and sweet had grabbed that microphone twice. Let me get that thing about hanging on I gotta say a little bit more. Yeah, yeah, JP sir a big dog.
Speaker 4: We were talking about this the other day and I was speaking negative. I was looking at the negative side of it. And so my shout out, no free shoutout goes to those cashiers and the equipment that when you after you pay for something, you don't have to fill out the tip thing when you just ask for something basic and they're like, oh, you know, here's your cup of water, and they flip that screen around and it says like fifteen twenty five thirty and everybody staring at you.
Speaker 1: She's staring at you like I'm not about to tip you for some water.
Speaker 4: So then that every now and then you get some people that like they don't even ask, they don't do it, and it's like, thank you because I'm not about to tip you for this water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You get ready for that bat bee. That's definitely gonna be on the I think we all need to. I think that's something that such an epidemic like that needs to be a shout out every week, Like somebody different needs to talk about why they hate that. Right those motherfuckers like trying to get some of them just start at twenty two twenty four.
Speaker 1: Fuck man, what we're doing. All you do is grab me a.
Speaker 4: Donut, and you feel all the eyes in the store on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that big ass scream flipped around talking about Hey, you're trying to.
Speaker 1: Cover your work like you're in school, right, Yeah, like shit, let me just hit custom. Yeah that custom up. But it's not even that you don't want to tip.
Speaker 2: It's just like you said, it's the bullshit, right, they're trying to get you on, like, yo, you legit just gave me a cup of water, like you legit, Just fucking like I just said, you grabbed the donut like out of the fucking thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck dumn it. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good what's the shout out when you don't have to do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to the cashiers and the shout out to the cashiers that don't make you tip for a basic.
Speaker 2: Task and have the awareness to know, like I'm not gonna fucking mess up this person's stay by flipping the screen round exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you should do. You need a number. One.
Speaker 2: You guys all need to be putting your shot outs on social media. Two you should do that shout out and just ride a long shout out and then do like a fucking long Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Garrett, what do you got, bro?
Speaker 7: My shout out this week is gonna go to all the fans buying the new merch.
Speaker 1: It's football season. Everybody's gearing up.
Speaker 7: Right now, the Titans fans are in the lead, followed by the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on, hang on. The Titans fans in the lead without.
Speaker 7: This is okay, without the order, Okay, you're gonna give our Like I'm just saying we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be selling merch at that. I just want this to be a true competition.
Speaker 1: That that's that is fair because it's close. All I say is this close.
Speaker 7: It's close, But without ours, we still have the lead, because the Titans have the lead by like, I'm not gonna do that math.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, don't do the math. Like, don't hear the number.
Speaker 7: One number bigger than the other, okay, because it's we're looking at the same numbers between Tennessee and the Raiders, right and also from this past Friday. So I did just ask for an updated number. But right now it goes Titans, Raiders, the Nebraska corn shirt, Green Bay, then the Nebraska skull shirt, which I was kind of shocked at that one didn't like shoot through.
Speaker 1: The roof, but like Nebraska combined.
Speaker 7: Now, no, for sure they needed those points on Saturday. But that's all good. But then we got Michigan bringing up the rear.
Speaker 1: Michigan. Really, I mean, miss we know, we knew, we expected that. Michigan fans.
Speaker 2: I love that you're tuning into the pot, and I love that you love the pot, but just I know you guys aren't big enough to compete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big dogs like, stay on the porch exactly, keep buying what you're gonna piss like a puppy. Then stay on the porch with the big dogsy there you go.
Speaker 7: But yeah, shout out to all the fans buying the merch. Appreciate you guys. As you heard Dave saying the clip, we gotta sell merch. Yeah, we gotta merch, keep this thing going. Appreciate y'all. Yeah, Garrett, that's a good shout out.
Speaker 2: He's our merch guy, so he's always fucking He's always shouting at you guys.
Speaker 1: You gotta appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You wish he gets more detailed at times, but I understand he's excited about the merch.
Speaker 1: Because he's the merch guy.
Speaker 2: All right, my shout out shout out of the week. I've been thinking about this because there's a couple on my lists. I'm like, all right, which one do I want to go with today? Because I feel like I've been on quite the run?
Speaker 1: What is that? Am I not speaking facts right now? Am I not speaking facts?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I've been in the roll of the shoutouts.
Speaker 2: Umm, I'm gonna do this because it happened to me today leaving my workout.
Speaker 1: You're ten.
Speaker 2: My shout out, no free shoutout goes to those people who understand that no matter what, you're turning left at the stoplight, that middle lane to where you're turning left and there's oncoming traffic and some people which will live on will be another topic for another day. I went off about this maybe with Shane Gillis with that episode, but I don't want to give them any burn. But where they don't go across that, they stay in that lane, they stay behind the line, and then when the light turns yellow and then ultimately red, they don't turn left even though they're blinkers on. My shout out goes to those people who understand the game. Understand the importance and urgency of putting yourself out there a little bit in the middle.
Speaker 1: You don't go straight out in the middle.
Speaker 2: There is oncoming traffic and you have no clue what people's coming from right and from the left, but you need to get your ass over that line to let the person behind you know, Hey, I'm about to get this. If there's enough time and you can get it too, you can come get in this party with me. But did those people go out there and whether it's a yellow light and you feel like somebody in the ongoing traffic speeding up to beat their green light, that's fine, to beat their yellow light, you still wait from them to go That motherfucker can turn red. And even when it turns red and those people continue to turn left, my shoutout goes to you guys, and you're probably driving a Chevy Soeverado because we know no other way than teamwork. And then to me, that's where the shadout comes in. So that's my shout out, no for shadow. Now we're gonna get into this Aaron Rodgers podcast. I appreciate you guys hanging out with us for forty six fucking minute. Jess I apologize for making this such a long intro. There's a lot to unpack. I think a lot of good shit that you guys might like. If you do like our longer intros where we kind of do the housekeeping and cleaning and shit like that, maybe drop a comment and say, hey, boys, we don't mind this. We're here for the vibes. All you guys dropping comments last week pro vibes, We're here for the vibes. If you're here for the intro vibes, say I love the intro vibes, say right now in the comments, Willie love the intro vibes, big dog?
Speaker 1: Keep it up.
Speaker 2: That's the Actually, that's the exact comment I would love to read. But now we're gonna get into the uh, we're gonna get into Yeah, you're so fucking awesome, bro, keep this intro shit coming. But here, without further ado, here's Aaron Rodgers episode better than Rogan's, better than part of my takes. Both of them were really good. However are Little twenty eight. However many minutes we got with Aaron Rodgers, you guys will enjoy. Here's an ad reed probably first, maybe maybe not, and then Aaron Rogers and just like you guess that we're doing an ad Reid right before this Aaron Rodgers episode, shout out to Georgia Butt no Free shout outs the best looking boots on the planet.
Speaker 1: Not only the best looking, but also the most comfortable.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm walking around in these boys, everybody in the yards looking at me.
Speaker 1: Playoff, Willy, would you get those boots? And I let him know, Georgia boot. Every time I let them know Georgia boo.
Speaker 2: Because we're gonna have a code bust in BUSSI n at the end of this read that's gonna give you twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: I actually just said the code. I actually said the entire thing.
Speaker 2: But think about the comfort technology of an athletic of an athletic shoe packed into a great looking boot. Whether you're on your feet all day, growing out with the boys, chilling on the couch, depending what kind of parents you have or how you run your own household, but you can chill with these things anywhere. They don't sacrifice comfort or style. Go to georgiaboot dot com use code busting for a generous twenty percent off. That's georgiaboot dot com Code Busting twenty percent off. Now finally, the Aaron Rodgers episode arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, and we got him. We got him on a handheld mic. This is apparently like there's like a buzzing noise that is apparently going on with that.
Speaker 1: This is work rank, We're grinding.
Speaker 2: Oh prank, we're grinding. No, this is the grittiest podcast you will be on.
Speaker 1: Is it great week?
Speaker 2: No, it's lunch pail Week. We call ours lunch Pail week. EMT boys do the Grid week. We steal everything that they do and make it our own.
Speaker 1: Don't still that shit? Did you go on it? I did? How would you think had a good time? Yeah? A good time?
Speaker 2: Big Yad's big on you being in prison, you being in jail, not liking you. How's that relationship between you guys?
Speaker 1: Been great? Yeah? Really good? Uh? Big?
Speaker 8: Thanks to Caleb Presley. He kind of put everything in motion.
Speaker 2: So I was working out with Caleb Presley two days ago. I just wanted an account of Billy Buddy. I was like, Bro, I'm all for it. I'm all for the accounta Bill Buddy train, Like I'm chilling, You're chilling, Like, let's do this thing. And he this is his quote, Aaron Rodgers is the coolest dude I've ever been around.
Speaker 5: Kat, How do you feel about that he's up there? Aaron's pretty cool. He's gotten cooler over the years. Thanks Bob.
Speaker 1: Did you guys hang in u Tahoe? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I had him over to the house I was renting, and we did the episode Sunday Conversation, which is coming out a couple of weeks, maybe three or four weeks. Yeah, it's outrageous, absolutely outrageous. Stuck around him and Glenn Glenny Balls, h Glenny Balls, Baby.
Speaker 1: I mean that dude is amazing specimen. Yeah. Yeah, he just sits there and eats ice cream.
Speaker 2: He's talking about he's hanging out with like the Hooters women and they're like feeding him grapes and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Lenny Balls.
Speaker 5: Now he is his own where he does He have his own podcast with all where he sits.
Speaker 2: It's called only Yeah and it's good where he sits with porn stars and talks to him I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He talks to chicks with the only fans that counts big ones.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and he talks about like I guess, like he talks about sex and Orgies and everything else.
Speaker 1: Good for him, good for making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but welcome to Bust with the Boys, bro, this is huge for us. I hit him my man, Rob, I was like, well on the last pot that just came out this week, there I but I can listen to. I was like, you think if we got the bust of Green Bay, like you think the boy twelve would get on the bus.
Speaker 1: And he was like, I think, so made it happen.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate all this because this is this is a big move for Bust with the Boys.
Speaker 1: We did it. We did it, guys, We got we got them on my first question. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I apologize for continuing to interrupt. I've had a lot of coffee. I'm a little nervous too.
Speaker 1: Kind of you played most of the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that boy was shaken in as the biggest rival read the sport has ever seen.
Speaker 1: Will Compton Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 8: I supposed the other day too. By the way, a really good post.
Speaker 1: The one about I was wondering if you saw that. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: If you ever want to hit that user name and hit the follow button, that's up to you. You don't have to see what you're going you don't have to say what you're gonna do on here, because I don't want my feelings hurt very early.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: My first question, Twitter is the new MySpace? Why do you say that?
Speaker 8: I just thought about that the other day and I was like, I like that line. That's a good line. They had a chance to, you know, to be on top. And now I feel like Instagram came up and then all these kids are on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: See, I think Twitter is still hasn't scratched the surface, but that ship.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't even be free to some of the ship the threads that go into Twitter, Like if you go dive deep into Twitter.
Speaker 1: It's the funniest app. You disagree, No, I think Twitter is the funniest app deep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but see again, we're like working on Aaron's humor too. He's got funnier. We're just getting funny.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're trying to get him funnier. Why do you don't think? Do you don't think?
Speaker 1: Do you don't think Twitter is the funniest ap out there? No?
Speaker 5: I don't What do you think is more funny? I think Instagram is funnier, like the memes but that's where they get their memes from Harmony.
Speaker 2: But bro, you wouldn't have never saw my clip and my caption had it not been on Twitter, and only something like that plays on Twitter, Like you're not gonna scroll and see my Instagram post. It can be like yeah, like look at a little bit, like look what will post.
Speaker 1: It on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Like you see Twitter go off, you kind of hit it because you want to see some of the comments and the funnies that follow it.
Speaker 8: But it's it's turning into the MySpace though it is okay, we can agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: What's fair.
Speaker 8: You still think Facebook is still rocking it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think Facebook is awful.
Speaker 5: It's for fifty year old six year old women who's still checking on like twenty thirty year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like people who comment, you know a lot of those type of confident pah.
Speaker 2: Comment a lot on like errands like whether it's game stuff off the field, Like those are people who live on Facebook?
Speaker 1: Really? I think so? Yeah, more of like the white collar like the older people, the older.
Speaker 5: Jen Midwest, yeah, Midwest lukes collar, gritty folks, whatever are they on.
Speaker 1: They're all busting with the boys right here. That's what there is this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my first question, man, a little warm is uh, it is a little warm, it's little toasty?
Speaker 1: Is I watching the Key to Success?
Speaker 8: Good question? Man, Are you asking a serious quest? Do you want a serious response?
Speaker 1: It's like I like that fun.
Speaker 2: Like I'm sitting here because I listen to your podcast with Aubert Marcus by the way. I thought it was phenomenal taking a deep dive into you. You're very like open and transparent, like the whole controlling the narrative thing like juices me up because that's why I love doing this shit, because people talk freely and kind of it's the.
Speaker 1: People behind the helmet, and you get to know them more.
Speaker 2: Had you not really all you see them as is what articles are written on them out there and everybody else commenting, We don't say enough because we want to keep our helmet on and appease everybody inside the building because it's not about us. But I really appreciated that episode. I asked that in fun, the serious part. You can go listen to that episode because you obviously talk openly about your trips, your fucking all, your little rides that seem very interesting. You're you're getting emotional. I'm getting emotional listening to it, and I'm wondering, if I get on this ride, am I gonna have your ten? Am I gonna put together? They're back to back MVP seasons because that's what the narrative is getting painted as. Now that ahuasca is the reason you've won back to back.
Speaker 8: MVPs, they're going to run with whatever narrative they want. I think there's a lot to unpack in that question based on some of the things that I have seen about it. But look, it's my experience. I speak for myself, and I had a fantastic experience both times. The first time I did in Peru in the second time down in Central America. Very thankful for the lessons that I learned on that. But classic this culture, you know, if you can't monetize it, then they're going to demonize it. And ayahuasca. I've seen some crazy headlines about, you know, psychedelic drug. Right, it's a plant number one. It's just a plant too. It's been used for generation after generation after generation in sense in South America, and so as far as research goes, yeah, there's thousands of years of research around using this plant in medicinal ceremony, and there's a lot of benefits to it. For me, it was like I talked about, you can go listen to the podcast, but it was two really deeply meaningful experiences. But you know, if you're not into it, that's fine, But projecting your own opinion onto something without understanding what it is doesn't advance any conversation further. And there's a lot of research around a number of different things labeled as drugs, like psilocybin, which is mushrooms which is a fun guy, and the demonization of marijuana that's gone back to you know, the eighteen hundreds really and hemp and the war against hemp. There's a great book about that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: I think that's what people who want to monitorze as health have done to many things that are plants that actually have incredible healing. Probably looking at the Chinese, they've been using herbs for thousands and thousands of years. And I'm rambling now, but the point is there are like real substances plants, you know, herbs uh fung guy, that have been healing people for a long time. And then there's pharmaceutical stuff, which some is very you know, important and it helps people with certain specific causes, but there's also an industrial complex that really wants to make money off of health.
Speaker 5: So when you We've talked about this, but I'm just kind of asking questions, are you co host?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, that's good. He's fired up. I know he's he's your game ready right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm just kind of asking questions for Will to kind of hear it out because we've we've talked about your trips and experiences and uh, your visits to these countries. But for like him who doesn't know, like what goes about that? Like when you drink it? And like how long is the experience?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 5: What is the I don't want to say vibe because it's obviously more important than like intent.
Speaker 1: Yeah about the vibes on this, Buz brother, Yeah, appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've dispelled again. I talk a lot about this in the podcast. The short version is, ah, it's in some sort of you know, ceremonial environment, so some you know urate or a tent or melca.
Speaker 1: Like in the like in a jungle or like in the forest.
Speaker 8: In Central America. We're in a jungle. There was you know, a week long thing. There was twenty two people on the trip. There was you know, eight facilitators at the at the the center, the shaman you know obviously comes in and there's a specific diet that you eat. There's three nights of sitting with the medicine and then a day off in between where it's integration. There's conversation around your experience, but even way before that, there's you know, talks about your fears around it, the expectations of it. So you feel really really confident that you go into it with like the mindset of what you're trying.
Speaker 5: To get out of it totally. Yeah, So it's not just like you're just thrown into it. Oh no, no, No, it's very intentional. So you go in with an intention, you know, something you want to work through or you're open to.
Speaker 1: At the end, hard is it to get to that intention?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm obviously listening to you, and there's there's like stuff that you're having to like live in the scarring of it to like you know, the whole self love thing that you talk about as well, like being intentional and trying to have the right mindset going into Like me, I think about it, I'm like, man, I probably have, like you get to like an anxiety state like is this the rabbit hole I want to go down? And is this the right decision? Like how do you get to be intentional?
Speaker 8: Well, then it's not this that time, you know, for you, it's not time. I think when you're the you know, things will come into alignment, you know, and the opportunity to present itself. But the key for me is the surrender. So surrendering to the intelligence of the plant or the intelligence of yourself if you want to look at it, to go on the journey to learn the lessons that need to be learned. Because when you're resistant, and it's just really anything in life, when you're resistant to things, obviously that water can't flow, that action can happen. And when you are in a ceremonial space and drink ayahuasca, it's a very calm environment. It's it's dimly lit drink. There's mapacho being smoked, which is the sacred tobacco which the Shamans believe helps keep protection over the space. He's singing ekroes, which are very like generationally passed down songs to aid in the the medicinal journey. And then there's multiple facilitators around who have sat with plants for you know, much of their life, who can help if things get squarely. But you know, there's a there's a bucket if you need to purge or throw up, and there's bathrooms if you need to go to the bathroom. And other than that, it's usually you laying on your mat having a deep and meaningful experience.
Speaker 5: Are you with like other people? There's twenty two other people, so but they but they put you all in the same area.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you're in your own right, You're in your own world that problems that we might be Will and I might be, you know, in mass next to each other, but I'm in my own experience and he's definitely as.
Speaker 1: Will is definitely would be in his own experience shitting myself. There's no question whatever is happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all I would urge what I want to ask because I listen to that and I think, like, all right, you do you do something like that and then you.
Speaker 1: Have whether it's the rest of the off.
Speaker 2: Season or you get into the season, what how do you balance coming out of that and continue to be intentional with like living in that clarity or like living and protecting your mental from getting outside of yourself, Like how do you stay intentional? Like what's like a routine you might stick to, or like books, or how do you go about doing that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all that stuff. I think it's you know, is we're creatures of habit. So the routine during the off season, it's so nice to not have the routine, to be able to make your schedule and what you want to do, and you have your workouts in the mornings usually and stuff. But when you get back, I think one of the things that we all love and appreciate is that routine that kind of keeps us focused on the here and now. But inside of that, we can't get locked into the same routine all the time. It takes three weeks to build a habit, and once it's built, it can stick with you. But it's keeping your mind focus on what you want to actually have your days look like. And for me, there has to be some sort of meditation, has to be some sort of quiet period, especially when I get back from work where I can just like decompress because work is loud and there's a lot of stuff that we're asked to do.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Some more than others. Depend on your position, your age, your importance to certain parts of the aspects of the chemistry of the team. And I think it's important to keep that balance when you get home, make having a space that's kind of just yours and having the time to be quiet and you know, and to Decompress's important for me to to kind of mentally stay sharp.
Speaker 1: I got another question. I'm just trying not to, you know, keep going to be on your co hosting game.
Speaker 2: So we pivoting going into uh like talking a little bit about ball and everything else. We just had on Lafleur and Bissacia number one. I would love to ask, like your thoughts on Bisacia coming into the team.
Speaker 1: I've played for him for a couple of years. I think he's fucking.
Speaker 2: And we needed like some of the best speeches you'll ever hear in your life, because they're like genuine, like he's authentic, Like, hey, what do you think of Masaccia?
Speaker 8: The best part is I get I like him. I definitely like him. I got back and he was like, hey, many didn't respond to my text. I was like, what do you mean. He's like, oh, I sent you you know that picture? Do you not get it and like, I'm not the Bob Nos Sorry Bob, but I'm not the best Texter. And I was like, ah, man, I must not have seen it. Anyway, he shows me Like then he sent me to a number like three numbers ago. I don't know where he got that number, but it was like I haven't had that number since like twenty, you know, twelve or something, and it's like him, I'm like, the best part of us is you sent this fucking picture to some random number. And not only that, but you sent to two numbers that I haven't had him ten years, so you know, numbers get recycled by super genuine. It's like, you know, like three people at the Raider shirt like looking all like mean mugged at the camera.
Speaker 2: It's like Rich, what wait was he in his wh white beater It was with the Raider's beanie on what was Yes, I.
Speaker 8: Just hilarious, Rich Peter Raiders say, like, the best part you sent that to some random person.
Speaker 1: You didn't text him back about that because he thought he was gonna make you laugh.
Speaker 8: But then since I got in my real number, he's text me non stop that I don't know if I should have just said, oh yeah, man, great picture. Thanks, Oh my gosh. No, I like rich though. We need an attitude change on teams.
Speaker 5: So it's just mindset, just like young guys coming in who don't like get it, like were you like we get it undrafted.
Speaker 1: You have to get it, bro, you get it.
Speaker 5: You gotta you gotta play special teams that just make the team just to get in.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know, I don't play teams. No. I held a few times since Yeah, it's not the same.
Speaker 5: And just kind of bringing that culture and like acceptance of like you know, like that's like it's okay. There's no like pride in like being on especial teams, Like there's no like loss of pride, like that's how you get there. And him being so straightforward and like black and white about it is like the best thing for this team. It's kind of like creating like men when they walk in the door, like to just like and he teaches football as a whole, like skill as a whole. He doesn't just teach like special teams drills or like football drills like fundamental drills that like you just don't get when you get to the league.
Speaker 2: With going off with Pisascia playing with h Lafleur coming in a few years ago.
Speaker 1: How's it been like you guys sharing ideas, pitballing back and forth.
Speaker 2: There's obviously always the vibe out there of like your guys, like you guys are both the head coaches of the team, like talk about coach La a little bit.
Speaker 1: I know, you got to be aware of it. He was.
Speaker 2: Actually he was on here and he told a really cool short because I was like, Yo, like coaching twelve, Like you've been around a lot of quarterbacks throughout your career, Like what makes twelve different?
Speaker 1: He brought up, Actually it was both of you guys.
Speaker 2: He brought up a play from Detroit where you guys are literally talking right before as the play clock's winding down and he's in his mind thinks like he's not going to get this ball if he has no clue that it's going down, and it was about to hit zero. He calls the time out and he was like there was zero coming. Him and Rob are talking back and forth. I called time out before the clock hit zero, and Aaron just goes like he's like Aaron comes over and just gets met like God damn it. Matt and he's like it was a learning lesson for him because of how aware he is about so many situations, like talk a little bit about your head coach, belfloor.
Speaker 8: Under that that picture you're just painted.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yeah, sometimes you know, I'm learning. I'm learning as I I get better each time I get on here.
Speaker 8: There's been a lot of disinformation and misinformation about uh, you know that was put out right away with Matt. We're not gonna be able to work together. I'm not coachable, you know, all this bullshit. We basically turned all that on its head pretty quick. You know, I respect the guy who works his ass off, and Matt has an incredible work ethic. He really does. I mean, he is a grinder and he cares about it. And the biggest dance we had to figure out was pairing his knowledge of scheme with my knowledge of experience, you know, on the field. And obviously he's called games, you know, he was coordinator and Tennessee. But but I think after the first year, in the off season, we really paired those things up and we whittled down the offense, took out stuff that we never ran or that didn't work, kind of put a couple of things back in that have worked in the past, and it changed a lot of things I think for our offense and changed how him and I interacted. The trust was there, and I stopped feeling like, you know, I was a game manager and he I felt like we took the reins off of the blinders out of the offense and kind of let us run free and and had a couple of really good years of offensive football.
Speaker 1: But I think I love about Matt is it.
Speaker 8: He's he does have a growth mindset and when he came in the way he's talked to the team in meetings, the way you interact with the guys. He's still corny and has got his jokes and we find him for bad jokes. But but uh, the worst jokes. But the worst, Yeah, the worst. But he's really he tries. Here's a no, he tries so hard and you love that. And he fucking grinds too. Yeah, I mean, so how do you not respect that the dude fucking grinds. You've come in, he's got five or six, like really fucking good plays during the week and you're like, all right, awesome, thank you for grinding so much. Also, you're getting skinny, fat so just check yourself.
Speaker 1: Mat.
Speaker 5: But no one has to pay attention to skinny fat when you got eyebrows like that.
Speaker 2: And teeth is white, like obviously I don't have the ears like immediately I saw you look down like he has very white teeth. Naturally, you know what I'm saying. Like he's got his eyebrows, he's goutys white teeth. It's hard to look down and understand.
Speaker 1: You asked him, who does his eyebrows? No, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I'm just curious. Great great belly button too, he's got a good belly button. No, he is like somebody who he understands.
Speaker 2: He has like the awareness of his corniness and he knows like he's like, I don't want to try and be somebody I'm not. And I think he really respects that this locker room is player led and like he uh, he used an example of a Campbell bringing it up and telling these guys are gonna have a reality reality check, like this practice is hard now because you guys like the Vets are the established guys aren't going to be playing a lot in this first game, right, and this is good for you because you guys are gonna have a real reality check in the game and he stands there and he says, when you sit back and hear guys say stuff like that, it just it takes it takes like an expectation off because he's like, I can say it as much as I want, Yeah, but it comes from a place of all, we're trying to work you guys as hard as possible.
Speaker 5: And but like conversations that I've had with him, it's like for him at the beginning, it was he didn't feel like he was doing enough when he was letting those players lead, more like letting twelve like.
Speaker 1: Two minute, I feel like I was. That was coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: That was coming out of my mouth, I said with Aaron with two minute was like, and we talked about on the podcast. It's just like Aaron barely knows what the next play call is going to be. Obviously, Matt's not gonna know my secrets. By the way, that's not secrets at all. That's true, that open ended thought process.
Speaker 2: Ever, and like no one knows the secret because there is no secret. Nobody knows what's going to happen next.
Speaker 1: Right, only you know the secret? You never know, You never know.
Speaker 5: Man, And I think like he was just more so at the beginning and not like a pridor ego thing, but just he wanted to be like a part of it, you know. Yeah, And it's not everyone has an ego.
Speaker 1: Definitely some ego. It's like, well, I want to be a part of it. I want to help out.
Speaker 5: That's the difference of you know, year eighteen versus year five and a half.
Speaker 1: What's the difference. Ego. Yeah, it is the ego, right to it. Yeah, yeah, they're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I feel you because you're still trying to You're trying to have an eighteen year career, right.
Speaker 1: Trying to be nice, to be awesome would be nice. He's, uh, you can do it. I can't do it. He can afford to just come out and say that. Well, but I do love that.
Speaker 2: I do love how open you can be because it gives like a fresh perspective to a lot of people on what goes on in the mind of players that we can't necessarcially.
Speaker 5: For being a young head coach, so to have like this locker room is so like good to set a foundation for him like moving forward.
Speaker 1: I agree. And it's not like this everywhere. It's not at all, what do you mean by that? We got the best locker room in the NFL? Oh? Good, good one. No, you're not even talking about like, well I think this.
Speaker 8: I think Uh. There's fear around player led teams ultimately, especially with new programs. And there's always new programs in the league. So new coach comes in, you know, he wants to do his ship and the last guy was an idiot, and I want my guys in here. And we have so much turnover it's hard to really keep the fabric of what makes that place special there. And we naturally have an amazing kind of fabric and aura around lambeau Field and the Packers. But if we didn't have myself and Saydes and Mason and Bach and Bobby and Alan and some of these guys you know who've been around the team Cobby for a long time, that's the fabric of the team. And then instead of like trying to insert your own dogma and you know way of doing things that has to be right, going to those guys and saying what's worked here, Like what works in green Bay? Because green Bay is different, every place is different. What works here that I can add into my philosophy and my boundaries for the team and my you know, goals and directions. And I think that that's what Matt did really well, was he simplified things. He came in he said the three rules, like fuck, thank you. Three rules.
Speaker 1: Awesome? What are they?
Speaker 8: Put the team first, don't make excuses and complain, and beyond time be prepared like awesome, okay, and then we're gonna hold guys accountable if they don't follow the rules. Sweet, all right, So it's just like simple ship, right, that makes sense. And then players take it over, right.
Speaker 2: And everybody kind of working together and like obviously, yes there's ego and all, but checking your ego at the door while you're going into.
Speaker 5: Yeah you, I think that what was the thing that the players Tribune that I kind of said in in that letter was humble bragg, humble bally write it.
Speaker 1: Oh you wrote it, and Will you wrote it.
Speaker 5: But like you there, you don't even have to like check your ego at the door, Like it just naturally like just goes away once you get around like the leaders in the locker room, because when we hold each other accountable and two like we just actually like about each other. So you're not trying to come in here and you know, be anything you're not like he's saying, or like.
Speaker 1: When we fuck with each other too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I think there has to be an environment where you can have jokes and mess around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have boys and sees each other.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what like brothers all about, right, Like yeah, you know, tearing it, picking at you, you know, you know, getting after you a little bit on where you're sensitive and then building you up when when we need to build you up. And I asked, what, Yeah, it's just great about our environment here.
Speaker 1: Are you sensitive?
Speaker 8: It's about a couple of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, like there's really no one actually sensitive.
Speaker 1: In the building other than.
Speaker 5: Matt, Like like about jokes.
Speaker 1: But he's gotten better. Yeah, he's got better. He's gotten better.
Speaker 5: But like when someone comes in with an ego and is like loud and up noxious or something like that, like they're either not here long or they like stick out like a sore thumb.
Speaker 1: In a bad way.
Speaker 8: You can you know, we won't, but you can probably name I mean I can in eighteen years and you can. And how many years you've been here now five and a half. I mean, there's definitely a few of those guys who have been stuck around.
Speaker 2: Dude, and you're eighteen. You've played eighteen fucking years, which is unreal. This will be eighteen. You play seventeen going on eighteen, going for back to back to back MVPs. But I think a couple of things that were glossed over, not glossed over. But what I really found interesting in that two and a half hour long podcast you did with Aubrey is you know, over the years, obviously you're you have this mystique about you where.
Speaker 1: Media and everybody.
Speaker 2: Else tries to separate you from the stuff you do on the field, how much you care, your actual competitive nature, how good of an.
Speaker 1: Actual leader you are.
Speaker 2: People try and separate and create a lot of stuff and it all gets away from everybody else. But one thing I really like listen to that, I was like, that's fucking awesome to kind of hear him reflect on was just how competitive you were going all the way back to sitting in because I was the same way, like I would sit on rivals and obsessed over being like I'm fucking better than this dude, Like I need to be trying to get to this camp. Like this obsession of like I would sacrifice and say no to this stuff on weekends, like you've you've like that's the humanizing thing that where it's like, oh fuck, like yeah, every young cat is like that, and you're the same way that young kid that's like loved the game. And another thing like squatting five hundred fucking pounds going into year eighteen, ay safety boy, Hey, And I justify myself because I'm like, man, he puts he's he's squatting on me.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could do five hundred on the safety bar anymore.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, but that is like, like that competitive nature is what I'm trying to pull out from this based on being young and you going.
Speaker 1: All the way back to that and you kind of having that.
Speaker 2: But it gets lost in translation because everybody's so obsessive of things that you do in the off season that I think people lose sight of that little kid that was still sitting probably writing the coaches or fucking watching rivals tape and trying to be the best or I need to get a scholarship to cal But that.
Speaker 8: Doesn't put the narrative. You know, I think they've they've definitely painted me. Is they want me to play the villain role. You know, they have all different roles and sports can be.
Speaker 1: Said own you like in the middle of the season, like it can be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would be much more fun if it was it wasn't the villain role and he's just doing that and just having fun.
Speaker 1: I agree, you enjoy it fun.
Speaker 8: No, No, I'm saying if it was embracing the villain, I'm saying, that's how I'm getting atainted.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's a sensitive fine. I was literally just saying.
Speaker 5: I was saying, it would be much more like nice and like like if he was portrayed as you know who he actually is.
Speaker 8: I don't care, right, No, you won't pay me as a villain?
Speaker 1: Cool? Do you enjoy that? Like? Do you have fun?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: I mean I don't pay a lot of attention to it. I know it's out there. I know that's right.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 2: You did speak in that podcast if times were man, what was the word you're saying? But you're like, I knew I was acting like something about it. Indifference.
Speaker 1: I was talking about killing people with difference, Yeah yeah, killing people with yeah yeah, right, about murdering people difference.
Speaker 8: It has ever been a you know, a part of the you know, part of the murder what charge, But but no, I was just saying that I do care deeply. I care about excellence. I care about my teammates, care about setting the standard, living up to that standard, and care about how I'm viewed in the locker room. And I care about how I'm know how I show up in the world. You know, I want to show up in the world exactly how I see myself. I think that's the goal for any of us. We want to be seen, heard and understood, right. I think that's kind of built into the fabric of our humanity. And you know, for me, I was seeing I was kind of heard, but I was also kind of an enigma because I talk a lot about my personal life but definitely not understood. And there were a lot of narratives that I ran out there about, you know, what they thought I was like, or what they expected or what they postulated or projected. I was like, And it's been nice last week years with you know, doing Pat Show and be a little more open with the media and then doing stuff like this with you. And you know, I enjoy these conversations because I think people get to you know, see actually who I am. They still don't like me, that's cool whatever. At least you get to like hear it from me, like, no, this is what I'm about, this is who I am.
Speaker 2: Take care to leave it were was there any type of nervous This might not be the right word, but like getting into doing the macape stuff like going out and showing yourself and being vulnerable enough to talk about these things, like, was there any type of myrtle you had to get over doing that and getting.
Speaker 1: It goes back to the plant. Yeah, it just goes back to the plant. Man.
Speaker 8: I think I got to the point of where truly, truly, deep down, not having anxiety or fear around, uh, what's going to be said about me? Knowing that the deepest regret would be to not show up exactly how I want to show up and to say exactly what I believe. And that was the acting part that I could actually not respond and and not care because I do want to be seen how I see myself.
Speaker 1: I think we all do.
Speaker 8: And a lot of people have said a lot of things about me over the years and portrayed me in a certain way. And this has been to some extent because you're never going to change. People that don't want to like you, don't like hate you. I think you're diva, ego, moniacal, narcissist, whatever else they say. But he's not paying attention. Yeah, I'm postulating, you know, that might be said. But in the end to be able to have a voice and take back minerve to some extent at least just speak the truth about who I am and what I'm about.
Speaker 1: It feels pretty good.
Speaker 2: I love him, man, I admire it, like I think it's I think it's awesome that you're Like when I heard you were going on PMT and stuff. My man, we're supposed to be fucking sitting down with them. But I really respect like all of this stuff. Like listen to that pod with the Aubrey.
Speaker 8: Listened to it, And we need more people who can have conversations and highlight guys in the league who are deep thinkers and interesting people and not just your standard blah blah football bullshit stuff. Because there's a lot of great stories in the league that don't get told, a lot of great humans who are smart and interesting and thoughtful. And I appreciate you, you know, highlighting those people and taking care of my boy boy, big Bob.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna be rolling? Are we gonna? Are we gonna be a crew? In due time? In due time? You know when when you you know, do.
Speaker 8: We get like those like three wheeled the motorcycles become a motorcycle gang?
Speaker 1: Or what I would be? I would be down with that. That's the boys, a gang of love. That is true. Why did he want to kick me in the balls? You said Aaron said he wanted to.
Speaker 5: Kick I don't have a reason. I just said, that's something you guys got to deal with. I just felt like you took you know, you posting that video the other day. It was really hurtful. So among other things, question what else? What else?
Speaker 1: I don't remember?
Speaker 8: I forgot, I got Let's get it out, okay, I got a meeting in six minutes.
Speaker 1: Do you have a tier? Times? We don't because it was it was too short. How else do we got to figure out? How about this?
Speaker 5: But we can cut this if Aaron doesn't want it on. But I thought about it last night.
Speaker 1: You ready to ask one more question? Yes?
Speaker 2: Before we do that, because I think it's major. How do you see yourself going out?
Speaker 8: Because you've played eighteen years seven.
Speaker 2: Seventeen years, and I'm sure Super Bowls involved and stuff, but like, how do you see yourself going out as it is? It talking about that young ten year old Aaron Rodgers that love this game so much. Has been so competitive, so you're always doing yourself right by it, But like, how do you see Aaron Rodgers going out when you do decide to retire.
Speaker 8: I see waking up and with a lot of gratitude for a twenty five years playing the same thing, playing the same sport. However many years at twenty five, this is my twenty fifth years, So whether it's like five or twenty six or twenty seven, I'm counting, like you know, junior college and cal and High school.
Speaker 1: And he's a grinder Juco. Yeah, yeah, Juco grinder. All I need to hear was he was watching Rivals and it. I'm like, yeah, I up says I was fucking watched it into the list man. I was like, I'm shitty. I can't even get my self doubt.
Speaker 2: But you talked about you talked about how it helped you build that kind of chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 1: But yeah it did.
Speaker 8: But you know, I think the time is going to be pretty evident you it was my time to hang it up. Oh no, okay, and it's it's it'll be mental hopefully physical. I mean that's an easy time when you know you can't physically do it. But if I can still physically do it, it's just the mental part. And is it time to move on or a time to keep it rolling and keep on chasing?
Speaker 1: And I support that? All right? Boys?
Speaker 2: This last question is brought to us by Rowback, the roadback question of the day. Use Code Boys b o ys on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase. That's r h O B a c K dot com. Use Code Boys for twenty percent off. They work with the best college athletes from Will Anderson to the Boy Michael Mayer and b Jean Robinson and have the best performance polos, shorts, c zips and hoodies around. It's all the boys where We're gonna give it to our guests Aaron Rodgers and rapt Onion, and we'd like to give to you a Rowback performance hoodie on us Aaron and ropt Onion. Now back to the episode. What would you like to what'd you want to add?
Speaker 1: Start?
Speaker 5: One bench, one cut, one Okay, is my last one that I'm out? Yes, me too, go for it. We're on the same team. Start one bench one, cut one. Jordy Tay, Donald Driver cutting Tay. He broke my heart got him?
Speaker 1: No, of course not. I can't. We already got we needed. I'm cutting.
Speaker 8: I'm cutting the drive. I only played with him, I played with less than the other two guys. But we had a super Bowl together. Yet them, we won a super Bowl together. That's what I was saying. I thought.
Speaker 5: Also, Jordy was on that team. I understand that. Thank you. My question here it is.
Speaker 1: It was my question.
Speaker 8: Donald brought the ipady, and I'm gonna start to why are you benching Jordie because Jordie is a farmer now and I saw him there day put a little bit of weight on, and Tay still looks good and still the best receiver in the league. So I'm definitely starting.
Speaker 5: I was in my friend's basement watching him win a Super Bowl sophomore.
Speaker 1: We were all somewhere watching him win a super Bowl. I was there, like he was.
Speaker 2: He was in Super Bowl winning it. We were all just kids watching him with super Bowl. Hey, I appreciate it, man, I know you got to get rolling. I tried milking this thing as long as I could.
Speaker 1: I do appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Great job, thanks man, Thanks for you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's you know, it's good when the boys sweat together.
Speaker 2: That bill, that's equity, mana