Speaker 1: Speaks to the Plannet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne the God, and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Pollman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions, Mandy B and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money Podcast with taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tappen and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Jewye, I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody, you know, if.
Speaker 1: You don't lie about that, right, Laarn came in hot? All right, clap it up. Clap it up, y'all.
Speaker 3: This is episode seven now and the Life of Lorn the Rosa. Right now, I am sitting here full face beat, just got my hair recurled. I actually just left the BET offices. I did a fire Firefire interview with Miss Carry Hilson, Miss Carry Baby. She has the new project dropping called We Need to Talk in April eighteenth, and I spoke to her for a show that I host called be et Talks. Go check out bet Talks on YouTube. It's on BT's YouTube channel and it will be a headed over to BT Plus. But the Carry Hilson interview will be dropping soon. It probably won't be out by the time of this video slash audio. Wherever you're listening, are hearing me? But yeah, that you know what I mean. Right now, life is it's moving, But I think I'm finding the balance like we are in the second week, week two of the podcast. I feel like the first week of the pod was a lot of like, let's.
Speaker 1: Just do it. Get the kinks ouse here what we like, see we don't like? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Here back from you guys, the audience on the audio, the visual to this that, to that we have our build out of the set design that'll be you guys will see that soon. So this is our makeshift set. We'll be here to st our second home until but I can't wait for you guys to see that as well. So things are happening. You know, I'm gonna get home before ten o'clock tonight, so I'm excited cause I'm gonna get sleep. Okay, but let's not waste any time because you know, I'm Laura La Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is the Latest with.
Speaker 3: Laura La Rosa, and I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody. And today I am bringing you guys an exclusive and this is our first exclusive on the podcast. Yeah you know what I'm saying, cause like it's real, We are bringing the first exclusive here. So there's been a lot of conversation around, uh, Wendy Williams. Uh. There was a ton of conversation around Wendy and if she would be within the last couple of weeks, if she would be taking a new capacity test or a cognitive test. Now I broke the exclusive that Wendy after being transported to a hospital here in New York from where she stays at which is the codie. It's like a she calls it a luxury Wendy calls it a luxury prison, but it's like a it's like an elder living space where she is on lockdown.
Speaker 1: The floor that she is on lockdown. So when she was taken to the.
Speaker 3: Hospital, she did a cognitive test where they asked her things like who's the president today, what day to week is it?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Those type of things, and make sure that things are just tracking for you and an exclusive that I broke. Then I told you guys that Wendy actually had passed that ten out of ten, So ten questions asked, ten questions answered, ten questions asked, ten questions answered, and passed right, and we released that story. Now, from what I'm being told, you know, there's a not even what I'm being told from what I've been reporting. The conservator, Sabrina Morrissey and the judge who was over top of Wendy Williams conservatorship have you know, sat down and had a conversation and said, look, if Wendy is as miserable as she's saying, if she is as capable of making these decisions on her own as she is claiming we want to make sure that we honor that. According to the judge and according to the conservator, now Wendy doesn't feel like that. Wendy feels like she's being taken advantage of right now. You know, she's had some pretty like stark, harsh claims and that's why judges like, uh uh uh uh, come back, comes to at this table, let's have this conversation, let's figure it out. And having that conversation, the judge determined that it was necessary for Wendy to take another cognitive testing or a capacity test or a test for you know, how well is she able to make decisions, but also testing to determine whether there's a frontal temple dementia or not. This was also suggested by before judge said yeah, we should do this. Sabrina Morrissey, who is currently Wendy Williams conservator, had actually wrote a letter to the judge saying, look, I'm being dragged through the mud. She's claiming things that you know, it's not happening, how she's claiming it. I propose that we paused the any lawsuit in relationship to the doc that Wendy Williams had on lifetime and we get another test, like, let's just you know what I mean, Let's take this test. Let's get it out of here. Take the test. Does she have the frontal temporal dementia or not? Can she make her own decisions or not? If she doesn't have it, If she's deemed that she can make her own decisions, we'll step.
Speaker 1: Out of her way.
Speaker 3: Of course, Wendy will have assistance from the court, but she can appoint new attorneys, a new conservator, all of that stuff, right. So then Sabrina came out and she gave quotes to various outlets and she said that Wendy Williams denied.
Speaker 1: Taking that test.
Speaker 3: Now there was a quote in People from Wendy that said she knew nothing about what Sabrina was talking about.
Speaker 1: And more recent headlines.
Speaker 3: Joe Takapina, who was the most He's an attorney for Asat Rocky and his trial, his gun trial. He's also worked with Michael Jackson like he's He's done some pretty notable, well known cases like and won them. So Joe Takapina has We've also had my Breakfast club too.
Speaker 1: It was a great interview, go watch it.
Speaker 3: He's decided to come on to serve as Wendy Williams personal attorney. Now the goal and him coming on and serving as his personal attorney, of course, it's to get in on the guardianship. Like he wants to be the attorney that is helping to make sure that this guardianship is not taking advantage of Wendy. But from the way that he breaks it down, it's levels to this. You can't just come in and you know what I mean, Like there are certain things that have to be approved by judges and things of that nature. So while all that is working out, he's agreed to be her personal attorney. Now, in him being her personal attorney, I think that this will definitely set you know, because she's had she's let go of, you know, attorney's appointed by the court, bought in a new it was like a black woman attorney that she was super excited about. We broke that story as well, and then we also broke the story that Wendy decided to step away from that attorney even though that attorney has still been acting in Wendy's favor. But with Joe Takapina coming in, it's like it's about the up. It like You're not about to be able to play with Wendy at all. He did an interview with I believe it was Newsweek. It wasn't in his TMD interview. I believe it was in his Newsweek interview. It was an outlet where he said, basically like I'm not even trying to like shake the room.
Speaker 1: We just want Wendy to be treated fairly.
Speaker 3: We want her to have, you know, better, easier stipulations, and for her to have more say so. But in the midst of this, if that does not happen, you know what I'm saying, like, I'm willing to do, you know, kind of whatever I need to do, but it's big business over here. Y'all don't want to see me in that court room. He literally has said that in interviews. So I spoke to a source close because with all of this mounting up the way that it is, I want to know did Wendy say no to that test and if so, why, like why I say no? And if she said no, what's the plan? What is going to happen next? Because she needs that test for multiple reasons. She needs that test because she needs to be able to prove that she can make her own decisions. As I mentioned, she needs to be able to prove that she's cognitively aware and able to live somewhere that you know, doesn't have certain stipulations and that you know what I mean, like all that stuff, but also too just to kind of at this point now figure out even how she's going to control this A and E lawsuit for that lifetime documentary that she's saying that she did not want, because that is on stay and on stay basically means it's on whole for three months until this test is taken, and then once the test is taken, a judge will determine who can make the decision of what happens next, whether it's Windy or a conservator. So I spoke to a source who would know, So it's very close to the situation that told me that Wendy is not against taking any testing. The thing here is is that Wendy Williams wants to make sure that if she's going to be taking a test that is going to be determining whether she is, you know, cognitively impaired or not, whether she has the dementia dementia that they are claiming that she has or not. She wants it to be fair, So she wants to get a third party independent evaluation done, something that I honestly think is really, really smart, and I'm gonna tell y'all why. She also wants to make sure that whoever is doing the testing, when I say independent, is not appointed by the judge, because they just want to make sure there's no bias whatsoever. So the reports that Wendy is not open to taking the tests are not true. From everything I'm being told is that she's open to taking it. She actually has a court date coming up on May tenth, and on May tenth, they'll be having a conversation about you know, the attorneys and who will beware, but also that testing and wanting an independent you know, situation or independent testing that is not chosen or appointed by the conservator or the judge.
Speaker 1: Now, I am.
Speaker 3: Also told that if Joe Takapina is denied the ability to work within Wendy's case, there will be legal lawsuits that will happen against the setup, against the judge, just because you know, rightfully, the way that you know this whole thing is set up is like it should be in the best interest of the person who needs the guidance in the structure of the conservatorship, and Wendy does not feel like this is that. So from what I am told, lawsuits will fly if this does not happen. So look, we're gonna stay lots and figure out what and how that will end up once a tenth comes. Now, in all of this, I started thinking, like, okay, so if this cognitive test, this test was supposed to happen like what like I wanna say, like two weeks ago, and it hasn't happened. Right, A judge has decided we're gonna hold off on this whole civil lawsuit over here against a lifetime because.
Speaker 1: And for this test.
Speaker 3: What happens if this test just doesn't happen, like what happens if in three months, because even though these conversations are being had about whether Wendy's gonna take this tests or not, you still have three months to figure out and to submit testing and just different things in relation to that A and E lawsuit for Wendy, because that's how long the judge ordered for everything to hold as far as that and that's not cut short because you know they're trying to figure out attorneys and blah, blah blah blah blah, like that three months. Even if Wendy had took the tests today and the test results hadn't come back for another four months, that three months is still there, and they would have waited for that fourth month to get those results to figure out what happens next. Not saying that, you know it's possible, that's a long time to wait. Sure, it's gonna move faster than that, but I'm just saying though, like that three months is there, it's up, and it stuck.
Speaker 1: So I started reaching out, and I actually spoke to ROBERTA. Kaplan's office, who was the attorney working the AI lawsuit on behalf of Wendy Williams and her guardian, Sabrina Morrissey. Now, she told me.
Speaker 3: A few things, but I'm actually not going to discuss that here. I want to have a conversation about that in the room on the Breakfast Club. So make sure you guys tune in to the Breakfast Club where we'll be discussing how everything I just exclusively told you guys first, you heard it here first, how that will affect this grand any lifetime lawsuit that right now is centered as Wendy Williams and her conservative versus Lifetime, and Wendy is saying, y'all don't want this, so make sure y'all tune into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: To hear that.
Speaker 3: And in final and in closing our last story of the day, I told you guys, and I talked to you guys about the viral video of the woman in New York punching the reporter who she's not for abortion whatsoever. Now, this woman, her name is Brianna, who punched the reporter. It's very you know, for abortion and the right to do so and woman's bodies and all of that in a clash from everything that I'm being told right now. Savannah Crane, who is the woman who was doing the interview, the woman who was super you.
Speaker 1: Know, pro life. Abortions are bad, abortions are wrong.
Speaker 3: I did speak with her, and what she told me was that currently she is exploring every option under the law that is available to her.
Speaker 1: So she is planning to file a civil lawsuit against Brianna for punching her on camera in that interview.
Speaker 3: Because of the conversation that they were having, I asked her if she had already obtained an attorney, where she was in that process. If they're just having conversations, if the attorney is officially retained or on retainer, you know, money is paid, so things are moving, and she did not want to disclose that at this time.
Speaker 1: However, she did tell me that they will be.
Speaker 3: Planning to file a civil suit, but right now what they're waiting for is they're trying to see if there will be if there will even be at all, you know, depending on how the police's investigation goes and arrest made, and then from there they're going to figure out everything else the lawsuit. And I knew when I saw the video, my first thought was, regardless of whose side anybody sits on, whether you think Brianna was right forgetting with Savannah, because she said she was, you know, antagonized the whole time, and that the full video you know, allegedly wasn't released. And maybe that's something I'm gonna cass Savannah back to and asks her about.
Speaker 1: Is you know what's her response to.
Speaker 3: Brihanna saying, hey girl, drop the whole video, Like, drop the whole video?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: I watched a full video of sorts on Savannah's YouTube channel, not just that fifteen second clip of or fifteen minute clip of Brianna, the woman who was being interviewed, punching Savannah, the pro life activist who was doing the interviews, and I knew, I'm like, okay, a lawsuit is gonna come. It's no way, it's no way. But I also I thought that I watched the full video. But according to Briano, who was the woman who was being interviewed and said that she was antagonized, she said, there's more to it, there's more video, and she's she's challenging Savannah to put out that full video.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow I'll be, you know, taking this to I'm not real sure if I'll take this to the breakfast club, and now I think I will, though we'll do that.
Speaker 3: We'll take this to the breakfast club as well too, just to kind of ping pong it between the two shows, and I'll be able to, you know, give you guys another update in the realm of this, but also answered the question of like, is there a full video and where is it at if so, so.
Speaker 1: This has been the latest with Laura Le Rosa.
Speaker 3: As I tell you guys, always, at the end of the day, there's always a lot to talk about, and you could be anywhere with anybody talking about it. So y'all know, I appreciate y'all whenever you're right here with me. I'm the homegrowd that knows a little bit about everything, and every I'm signing out, I'm going to sleep. I'm gonna get in my bed before nine o'clock tonight. I haven't done that in a week.
Speaker 1: God is good. Thank y'all for tuning in.
Speaker 3: Make sure you tweet me at Laura l Rosa. Tag me on Instagram at Laura LaRosa. Let me know y'all listening. Let me know how I feel about the topics.
Speaker 1: I heard y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all said, make it different than the breakfast club. Okay, it's different, it's exclusive. How y'all feeling now?
Speaker 1: Talk to me. I really want to know your name?
Speaker 3: I really ooh I heard that. I swear I could sing now because I had one low song on the radio. I'll see y'all in my next episode.
Speaker 1: Bye.