Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaseelle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up? Everyone? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here once again with yes episode five and eighty two. What episode is this? Who knows? Right?
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: So how you feeling?
Speaker 1: I I'm feeling great.
Speaker 2: You are? I am okay? I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: So you know, as you all know, last week was a big week. Last episode, I dropped a big bomb.
Speaker 2: It was like bouche. Yeah, well it kind of it kind of it was a little bit like boosh because the information was already leaked.
Speaker 1: So I guess for a lot of people it was no.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it was boosh because like you have no idea and it still happened to this day. The number of people that are like, I'm crying because Robin's leaving. Oh my god, I'm so sad. I cried all night long. But the Robins need a mental health day. Like it's been a.
Speaker 1: Lot, right, I know, I know it has, it has, but it's been beautiful to be honest, you know, because I've received so much love and support and you know, people wishing me well of course, people who are disappointed.
Speaker 2: Of course, people who are like, bye, bitch, you know what is wrong with the hitas, Oh my gosh, it's that shit is funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but it's been I'm just really like overwhelmed by the amount of love and support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, I apologize to anyone that I haven't responded tom. I'm going to try to start responding to people. But it was just like so much and even people who like, you know, it's funny, like we received so much.
Speaker 2: Hate. Well, we receiving so much hate, but then we also have people who consistently show support. Yes online absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when this was announced, there were like so many more people that I had never heard from, right that you know, sent me a message on on like through DM, so you know, and you know you can tell because like you see the DM and it's like this the first time they've ever messaged you, and they're like, oh my gosh, I've loved you since season one and I'm like, well, damn, this your first time saying hi, I mean eight years and now that I'm gone, you know.
Speaker 2: People you know, not a death death.
Speaker 1: Well okay, you know when somebody dies and then all of a sudden on the news, and it's like when I'm talking about like a public figure, right, So, when somebody dies and then on the news all of a sudden, it's like they're playing tributes to that person, yes, all day long, for the whole week, and it's like, wait a minute, where were these tributes while they were alive?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, speaking of oh J. When OJ died, it was like we had to relive it all over again. We did, and I was kind of upset about the fact that we were even discussing OJA for more than twenty seconds write forty I give it forty five seconds? Forty five? Yeah, why did we give it a whole news segment?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, no, why did we have a breaking news like you interrupted my daily Today's show, yeah or whatever I was watching to give me breaking news about OJ. I'm expecting the breaking news to be like you know, when they when they come in.
Speaker 2: With I know, I get nervous. I get nervous, like, oh my god, what did they bomb? What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like OJ something. I'm like, get not OJ?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah, we gave him enough time. When we did give him time, we did right, exactly.
Speaker 1: But you know, just back to what I was saying, Yeah, it was just it was really cool to see, like, oh wow, so there there are so many more people that you know, have love and show support, but they're just not active on.
Speaker 2: Social that watched the show, that loved the show, that love you, but they don't have to be on social media fighting the trolls. Right, yeah, they just love you and they're confined of their own home and in their own bedroom.
Speaker 1: Exactly, ye right, they're enjoying the show for what it is, entertainment and speaking of fighting the trolls. So like this morning, I saw that someone started a page of the Robin's page, uh huh, like an Instagram page called Robin.
Speaker 2: So people who hate you are supposed to go there, and then those people and then the Robins will fight them.
Speaker 1: The Robins can all go there and they can all just bond or whatever.
Speaker 2: I love it, and then I don't know, and take it from there. But I thought it was so cute.
Speaker 1: It was like, I love it.
Speaker 2: It's wild. I heard from Jamal Bryant. We were talking about the kids, and then he was like, oh wait, man, wait, man, I got something to say. I'm like, because we're gonna mark it off the phone. I'm like, what he's like, Man, I'm sad about Robin. Now, mind you, I had told rob I had told Jamal when a little after I found out right, I said, Jamal, you knew this information? And he said, I know it, but she was crying and it just made me sad. And I said, well, first of all, thank you for letting listening to the podcast number one or maybe he.
Speaker 1: Just heard to clue speaking of podcasts, and Jamal he has one, so let's talk about that next.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so he yes. So he gives his condolences if that's what it is. I know, I know his commentary. He's very upset. Thank you, Jamal, I appreciate it. Yes, Jamal Brian does have a new podcast called Let's Be Clear Call? Is that what it's called? I don't know. I don't know what it's called either. Anyway, if you go to Jamalbriyant dot com you'll know. Let's just go go find it. And he jumped out there and started his in studio.
Speaker 3: You tuned into your new favorite podcast, Let's Be Clear with me, doctor Jamal Bryant, where we remove all of the blurred lines so there'll be no shades of gray and you'll be able to understand everything in black and white.
Speaker 2: Like he didn't do just audio. He started in studio, which is great, and he's got you know, the people in the technology for that. Yeah. But he's doing really really well. Oh good, He's already had over a million downloads. Damn. He's doing phenomenally well. So I've tried to set him up with my people to get him some advertising, so hopefully that'll happen.
Speaker 1: So that's so he's they're producing it inside in the at the church. Yeah, okay, yeah, so you have he has great, he has all the production.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I've given him feedback and he's like, I need more feedback because like at first, when he his little clips on Instagram, you would just see the guest, yeah, and you wouldn't see him. So you scroll on Instagram, You're like, what is this? So he's fixed that, you see more of Jamal. Now.
Speaker 1: So how many episodes has he put out?
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe like five or six. Wow. Yeah, he's doing great with that, so you know clearly he has so.
Speaker 1: Is he like, is he putting them out weekly?
Speaker 2: Like, what's the I think he's putting them out weekly. But you know, he has to have a guest, huh and sometimes probably hard to get a guest that consistently, so I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: And the and the guest has to be in studio, yes, in person, Yes that's so.
Speaker 2: But it's Atlanta, so he can you know, you go on it? He asked me. He was like, so when are you coming and you know, being on the podcast? I was like, Jamal, what are we talking about? Right? I don't know, but I will. I mean, yeah, we just got to figure out what lane we're discussing because there's so much that we could discuss. So I just need you.
Speaker 1: Didn't give him an itinerary when he came. I didn't reasonably shady. I did not think it's only fair.
Speaker 2: That you go sit with him and let him ask what he wants to, right, But I know him and he's gonna get tricky with it. So yes, at one point, at some point, I will be on his podcast. But okay, wait a minute, what's your reasonly be shady moment? Oh? I know, dang, I can give your mind while you look at yours. Okay. So this is kind of like a follow up to my other shady moments that I've had in the past. So for those of our listeners that have been listening, y'all know, I hate the deer, right, can't stand them. And now that things are starting to bloom is when me and the deer get up close and personal and we have fights. Right.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So I was driving down the street the other day and one of my neighbors, the Greasers, shout out to the Greaser family. Oh, that's their real name. The last name is Greaser. Yeah, you thought I was calling them greasy, Like, why is she calling them greasy? No, their last name is Greeser. I saw the mom and she was outside like sprinkling something on her plants. So I'm like, I stopped the car. She ran over to the card heages out. I'm like, what are you doing? And she said that she heard that zest soap stops the deer. Okay, So she grated it up and she was sprinkling it like around all of her little shrubberies, and you know, it's just like sitting on top on the ground. I went to CVS so fast and got I started graping it up, and I put it all around my things, and the deer are gone. I have not seen a deer since.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, okay, so what's shady about any of them?
Speaker 2: This is none of this is a shade. This is a follow up, follow up to your shade. Some of my solution to your it's a solution to the shady deer.
Speaker 1: So you didn't want to put weave hair?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't want to do the weave hair. I didn't want to pee on it. Didn't they say I was supposed to go and pee. Somebody say that. Somebody said put urine around it or something. I ain't want to do that. The zest was it for me? You like that? Okay? So now today it has downpour torrential.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a torrential downpour. Yes, right before you got here. Do you think when you get home it's going to be like all sudsy? I hope, so that it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: SuDS all around your I don't, no, I hope. So okay, let me say this. I have to imagine that SuDS are healthy for your oh for the other plane, for your plants. Oh, I think about that. Soap be so jesus, I don't know. I don't know, Okay, So I I grated up maybe like four bricks of soap, not bricks, bars, bars of soap, and put all out. The first three days, my whole outside smelled smelt right, it's smelled amazing. So I don't know what's gonna happen after the rain. I don't let y'all know. Okay, yeah, let me know if you get home and it's just a bunch of soap so everywhere. But it's like it's hat like lasted has stayed and I have not seen a deer okay, and they were living in my house. Okay, I've not seen them, Okay. Yeah, but now that it rained, I wonder if you have to do it again? Right, And I don't mind. Zest is not that expensive. I can get some more bars. Yeah, just fix time. Yeah. It was actually kind of fun. I was like intrigued. Yeah, but anyway, okay, what's your shake home? So as you know, we restocked the website with yeah, sure, get your reasonably shady merd.
Speaker 1: Right, So you know, I've been doing orders and all of that. So the other day I was doing, like I don't know, I was doing a bunch of orders. It's like forty plus orders. Yes, yes, get your march okay. So I'm doing the orders and I'm going through them and I'm almost done, and I'm like, so I've got, you know, all these packed boxes and packages piling up. So I'm looking at the labels and I'm starting to see that I've seen this name before, right, So I looked at I'm like, okay, wait, that's weird. Are they ordering two sweatshirts?
Speaker 2: Again? Like, okay, that's cool. And then that's the next one.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I saw another name to look familiar, and I'm like, okay, this isn't right. And then I looked at the date on the labels and the date was from like a month prior. Okay, that's weird, right, And I realized at that point I had packed about forty.
Speaker 2: Orders h forty.
Speaker 1: Orders that I had already shipped out. I had or already packed, already shipped out. So had I not caught that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, number one, people would have been receiving double the order. Double the order that right, that's in our inventory, that's eaten into our inventory. Rob it and that would be a negative.
Speaker 1: And then two the people whose orders I was planning to ship out would have not gotten their orders, and I wouldn't have known it for like weeks until they started emailing us and saying.
Speaker 2: I ordered fifty days ago and I haven't gotten it. Y'all are scammers. Y'all are taking out.
Speaker 1: Money, not scammers, right whatever, And so, I mean it was just like so frustrating, and I know you.
Speaker 2: Don't really feel my pain.
Speaker 1: I now, I know you don't feel my mind because you have never packed an order a day in your.
Speaker 2: Life, not one, not one, not one. But that's actually Carly's job, right, No, I mean kind of really.
Speaker 1: I just I take it on. I have all of the stuff here on the inventory, all the packing supplies.
Speaker 2: Right, I just it's just not my department. It's not your department, right, And that's fine. You know your department is show up and look pretty and I get that done, people, I get it done. I'm gonna blame it on Carly though. This is Carly's Yeah, she's not here today.
Speaker 1: It's her fault, yes, But it was like one of those where it's like you just when you realize something, you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right. And there was there was no weed smoking prior to doing this right, No, no edible, it was nothing. It was no city djus, no nothing. I'm gonna blame it on maybe I was like.
Speaker 1: I don't know on my period, which I wasn't.
Speaker 2: But the world knows that's an issue with you. Did I ever tell you? I went to a party recently and the girl that was sitting next to was like next to me, was like, just so I got something for you, and I'm like what We had all ordered food. It was like maybe twenty people, which I already hate going to dinner many people, and she was like, this is my side hustle. Mind you, I don't know what her made this side hustle side hustle. She pulled. It was like it says cannabis on the outside. It's like a little shot, like a bottle that you would get from like a hotel, and you're supposed to put it in your drink and then it's supposed to be like a great time. Okay. So she gives it, so she like slides it over to me. I was like, this is my side hustle. I said, well, do you want me to pay for this? And she was like she's like no, no, no, this for you. This for you, you can have for free. Okay, do I want this for right? So she said, go ahead poorting your drink right now? Okay. She was like what she was It was actually like peer pressure. And I was getting very much like do it now, do it now? And I was like, no, I'm not doing it. And so I said, I'm gonna take a home right and do it at my leisure, right in the comfort of your own home. Escuse you don't know what's about to happen to you. I was at National Harbor. I was damn sure, I'm not going to do it at National Heart Okay. So I'm still terrified. I have not drank this. So you have cannabis juice? Really, when did cannabis become a juice they.
Speaker 1: Put up speaking of they put cannabis and everything. We received an email to our reasonably shady email box. Okay, by the way, if anyone wants.
Speaker 2: To send us a message, it's what's up at reasonably shady dot com dot com. We just received this email. So this is so crazy, it's like perfect segway okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And it said the subject line, yeah, cannabis infused gumbo. Why oh my gosh, we intrigued with dollar sides, the dollar dollar, dollar, dollar dollar song. This is from ms Betty's Gumbo.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what what's city and status she in? What's she saying? What zip code?
Speaker 1: I mean what area code is three three seven? We need to look at it.
Speaker 2: Well three three seven. I mean, you know people move right, that could be anywhere, right, Okay?
Speaker 1: So she So the message says, are you ready to try the most incredible gumbo ever made? Yes, I'm excited to introduce you to my cannabis infused gumbo, a unique and delicious recipe that combines the flavors and textures of Cajun cuisine with the benefits of cannabis. I've spent countless hours perfecting my recipe and I'm proud to say that I've made gumbo great again. Let's collaborate and make some money together. And the Instagram account is at mss Betty's Gumbo. That's b MS B E T T I E Sumumbo.
Speaker 2: My mind is blown right now, like right right, I mean, who would even think to put Okay, now, mind you. My girlfriend that gave me the cannabis juice, she was like, put it in your drink? An alcoholic drink. Okay, so that makes sense, right, But this woman decided she was at home. She's like, I'm gonna make up a pot of gumbo and we're gonna weed it out. Right, what, I'm very curious to see how that tastes. Very curious. Okay, order something?
Speaker 1: When we respond, okay, how are we collaborating? What is the first of all, it's gonna be big money?
Speaker 2: Is there? It's five thousand dollars signs behind She said cannabis infused gumbo and it's like five thousand dollars signs huh larious. Well, first we got to taste to tell her to send us some samples, right, yeah? Should we trust it? Though? I'm nervous. That's the thing about this whole cannabis infused anything.
Speaker 1: Can we trust it? Because I've had crazy experiences like years ago before everything was regulated and you can walk into a legal dispensary here in Maryland where you act like a straight up fool.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I mean, Like you think you think about to die, and you don't say you're haveving a heart attack, you have a heart attack. You're speaking in tongues like I just.
Speaker 1: I told this story on the podcast, we had to call the ambulance for one of my friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a minute, some person off the street give you some. You have no idea, you have no regulation, no idea at least the cannabis juice was in a is in a bottle and they said, cannabis juice? Is that regulated?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Listen, I don't know. Okay, Well, Betty, Betty, Betty sent us some and then we let you know whether or not we're going to go into business.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, but okay, So, speaking of cannabis. So I so recently we did a live zoom with our Patreon Oh Jesus members.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you were okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was okay. So but I was I was talking. So I took a gummy earlier. It was a low dose, very like very low dose. But the way I know that, like I like I can feel it or starting a kick in is like cotton mouth. Like it's so crazy to me that you still get cotton mouth from chewing a gummy.
Speaker 2: So crazy in the middle of the zoom where I was like, I just watch y'all now, I ate it add a boat if I'm talking crazy, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I said, I feel like I'm rambling, but like I felt like I didn't know what the hell I was like, It's like.
Speaker 2: I don't know I was talking. I was like, I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Am I making sense?
Speaker 2: Am I just? Am I talking forever? I don't know?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just yeah, I don't know. I was in one of those moods like I just I'm like, let me just take this anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but any you didn't sound crazy, you sounded normal. I did, or maybe you're always on edible anyway, I can't even imagine if I was. I don't think I would be able to think straight. That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: Like when I hear about people say like they take they smoke weed or take you know, cannabis or whatever to help them focus, I'm like, I guess maybe I'm taking the wrong ones because I feel like I'm.
Speaker 2: Like all over the place. Okay, I want before we get too far down the rabbit hole of the cannabis, I want to talk about the w n B A. Yeah, w NBA. So they had their draft yep and everybody. So Angel Reese is going somewhere. Yeah, she was number seven, of course, I thought she was going to be higher than that. Boy, I'm not surprised, Okay, Caitlyn. I was about to call it Caitlyn Jen know Jesus Christ. Kaitlyn cl Clark was number one, yes, of course.
Speaker 4: With the first pick in the twenty twenty four w NBA draft, the Indiana Fever select Caitlyn Clark University of Iowa.
Speaker 2: She was proud of. Down to her, it was, yes, I'm very cute. She looks very cute. I did want to see her hair curled. That's just me.
Speaker 1: But you know, I doubt her hair can hold a curl. Like when you look at her hair, her hair is just extremely fine and straight like my mom. Yeah, my mom's hair can't hold a curl.
Speaker 2: I wanted to I want her to try and see Yeah, I wanted to see it. Anyway, So everybody's an uproar about how much she can might get a wave. Maybe she could have a look of something, a little beach wave. Yeah. Yeah. They're not making any money, so they got drafted to be broke, right, right, because the highest is seventy six.
Speaker 1: So okay, let me you know, you know, I actually am not new to you know. Of course, the women's basketball and all that. Oh, it's getting so much attension.
Speaker 2: It's a new thing. No, I'm not. I'm not new. You're not new. So let me let me give you a little before before you give your your expertise. The women's championship still had more viewers than the men.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: No one even knows who won.
Speaker 1: For the men.
Speaker 2: I don't, You can't, okay, Robin does. No one knows, and I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: But okay, go ahead, okay, So that this is so you know who won this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you know who won? You know who's for the women?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I have no idea who won ever? Right, exactly exactly. So this is a new thing, yes, okay, And I know, right, And it's a great thing because these women and young ladies have been talented for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so you know.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I'm gonna tell you in a minute, but okay, yeah, no, okay, So you know, unfortunately it took a long time for the game for them to get the attention and recognition that they deserve. Yes, okay, And we're gonna give that to Kaitlyn, right.
Speaker 1: So Caitlyn, yes, her as the number one pick in the w NBA draft, her starting salary is seventy nine thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that is not funny the funny Okay, it's not funny. It's horrible in comparison to the men.
Speaker 1: So the men, and this is so crazy. I didn't realize this. So in the NBA, the number one pick, his starting salary, his first year salary is like twelve million dollars a year. Twelve million dollars, which is so crazy. Like when I heard that, I thought it was a typo because I'm still thinking. So when Wan was in the league, he was drafted in twenty twenty two, I'm living in the past here because I was like, no, that's wrong, No, not twenty twenty I'm sorry, two thousand and two. Yes, I was gonna say that was yesterday, and Wan is update right anyway, so he so WHA was drifting in two thousand and two when Wam's driving. In two thousand and two, the number one pick made four million dollars, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four they make twelve month though number one pick is making twelve million dollars yes a year, yes, and she can't even get one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yes, so all and Wam was explaining to me and I was like, I was just like, no, there's no way he's making twelve million dollars. And we looked at up and he's making twelve million dollars, Like, who's that person? The number one pick from this year is Victor Womanyamba. He is like seven foot seven. Yes, he's really good, but any number one pick would have gotten that because it's that like that's set in stone, Yes, what the rookies make. So Wall was explaining, it's the TV money.
Speaker 2: Yes, we understand that, but now they're going to get the TV exactly. So we have to see what happens moving forward with the w NBA. If they're able to.
Speaker 1: Increase ticket sales, increase ticket sales, increase viewership, increase.
Speaker 2: AD sales, all of that, it's going to go up.
Speaker 1: So what Caitlyn Clark and the women are who have been in AWNBA are doing pretty much is like what the men in the NBA did years ago, not even just Wand's generation, but like the men that came twenty years before wand that didn't even make a million dollars. So what are they doing are together, No, they are. They're establishing viewership, Yeah, viewership. They're helping to increase the salaries. They're helping to boost Caitlyn. They're helping the boot industry.
Speaker 2: Did women Ice Cube offered her five million dollars.
Speaker 1: Caitlyn is going to make five million dollars off of endorsement.
Speaker 2: I know. But what about the rest of the league.
Speaker 1: I think as a true athlete, a true you know, basketball player. Yeah, her dream has always been to play professional basketball, playing in ice cubes three on three. Yes, it's going to cut it.
Speaker 2: But but imagine like the halftime like ice cubes like halftime, just like the what do you.
Speaker 1: Call it, the I don't know.
Speaker 2: Halftime show, like Snoop's probably coming through, DA's coming through. We're gonna have a major halftime show. Okay, it doesn't happen. The playlist is gonna be bobed. Have you ever watched ice Keeps three? I have not.
Speaker 1: Okay, So ice Ceps three on three league is for washed up basketball players.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she's gonna be playing with the men, right yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: No, no that I would not advise her to do that. I just wouldn't she hasn't. She's because what she's gonna do, she's gonna make a lot of money with endorsements. And this is not just her, its the other women as well. She's gonna make money with endorsements. And what people don't really understand with women's basketball, they play in the w NBA League for a short period of time. Like so it's from like two years no, no, no, I'm talking about Their season is really short. Oh okay, so they play like over the summer, right, so say from like June. I don't know the exact time, from June to like early September.
Speaker 2: I wanted them did they sign a deal or three? How long is this deal? I want to think sign years. Okay, I would not sign a three year deal. One year deal. I'm gonna tell you why, because if they get the viewership, then I want to reup. I want to renegotiate.
Speaker 1: Well, right, So that's I mean, that's the part that sucks. They kind of have to wait it out. So the highest paid player in the WNBA makes like two d and fifty thousand, christ something like this.
Speaker 2: Move on, Yeah, two hundred and fifty thousand comparison to twelve million, right, So.
Speaker 1: Remember when Britney Grinder was in Russia. You know why she was in Russia because she was getting paid because she could make a million dollars playing in Russia. So they play in the w NBA for that short period and then they go overseas.
Speaker 2: I'm mad about it.
Speaker 1: I don't think Katelyn Clark will have to go overseas. I think she'll be able to make enough money in endorsements that she won't have to go overseas. But I think it's going to be a trickle down effect. So yeah, So Kate Clark might be and and the ladies, all the ladies this year and whatever. They might be pioneers in bringing attention to women's basketball, but they're really going to get the ball rolling for the women that come after them to make crazy money. And if she's in the league for ten fifteen years, she's going to make that money. Money, She's going to make it. It's just it is a long game.
Speaker 2: I didn't like how they did their step and repeat their red carpet like so for the draft, all the ladies pictures were not like straight on, they were to the side. Did why what camera was to the side? Why wouldn't you get like a front shot of them, so they were all kind of like standing kind of strangely because it was a side picture as opposed to a front pick.
Speaker 1: But whose picture, Like what outlet was that that was the WNBA's pictures.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a shade. I don't know. Anyway, I love the Cardoza girl, but that's my favorite. Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know much about her, but she's like like on the court, she's a beast.
Speaker 1: She's a beast. Like she's just so large, it's like tall, big, strong. Yeah, she's a beast. It's really hard for people to defend it. It'll be interesting, though, to see when they get to the when they actually playing the w NBA, how they stack up against the other women who have been there. But it's gonna be something to say. But yeah, and you know their angel Rees and Cardoso are playing together. They were drafted tossing the tear, Yeah all that.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they but in college they had some like you know, they they went hard at each other.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, beef on the court. I'm sure that they will put all that beef to the side.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no, they're fine, Yeah, fine, but but you know it was and and the ladies looked beautiful.
Speaker 2: They did they really it was nice to see them dressed up and have done fancy. It was That's why I wanted them to have a better angle for their picture. And I know, netpicking, but like, don't do them like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it was whatever outlet you're looking at. Maybe that's where the outlet was. But maybe the w NBA have better riches.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I did.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Back to Caitlyn Clark, I've read that her team, the Indiana Fever, their games are going to be on TV. All of their games except for one, will be on TV.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, and that's like unheard off really Yeah. So yeah, so I think they're just these these ladies, the ones them, and they're still amazing ones left in college. They are pioneers. They are the pioneers today. They are like the Michael Jordan's of the past, because Michael Jordan didn't make the money that these guys today are making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he got it back, he got it.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and he also helped establish you know, these salaries that these guys are happening today. So hopefully that's what's happening here. Okay. Question, So you guys got to watch everyone that's talking about women's sports and and oh the salaries aren't sure, it's not gonna watch you have to watch.
Speaker 2: No, it's true. That's the only way they're gonna get paid. Yeah. No, I'm wanna watch make sure they get paid because it's not right right. Okay, So how many times did you google what's wrong with my eyes after the eclipse happened? Because the number one google after the eclipse was why did my eyes hurt? No, they weren't. Yes, it is the number one google. It was after the eclipse, and everybody put on those stupid glasses that didn't work, because I promise you some people got their their glasses from seven to eleven. They didn't get the real kind. Because my kids brought home their glasses. I was like, this is the cheapest shit I ever say. Yeah, everybody's eyes are fed up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, but.
Speaker 2: They warned you not to look at the freaking I think even with people looking, their eyes were messed up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was all excited about the eclipse. Yeah, I ordered the glasses ahead of time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna read this she searches for, why do my eyes hurt? Have have sword after the solar eclipse?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, horrible, Oh my god. Okay, okay, I guess they didn't get the memo about using the glass.
Speaker 2: I promised you most of the people had on glasses.
Speaker 1: They didn't, Okay, So so I bought. I bought the glasses. I saw the warning about there were some counterfeit glasses being sold.
Speaker 2: Right, wait a minute, I was actually making this up. There was really counterfeit glasses.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, yes, I mean people people profited off of the ellipse. It was just so crazy, like it's a freaking natural phenomenon, we're profiting off of this. So I saw the warning about it, and then I read the information that said, this is how you know whether your glasses are you know, legit r right, So they said, you know, try them on in your house, look into a light bulb or whatever, you know, a light fixture, and if you can't see the light then it works okay, right, or if it's like very very faint or whatever. And so I looked through mine, couldn't see anything, was dark black as shit, couldn't se anything, so mine were legit, right, So I still I went out with there with I went outside with the clip lips, which, by the way, if you weren't in the path of a total eclipse, that shit was a booboo like booboo. It was a huge boot.
Speaker 2: It was like it got cloudy and then it was like it was about terrain. That was it. That was it.
Speaker 1: But it was still cool to put the glasses on and actually see where the where the moon was and how it was moving in front of the sun and all of that. But you still, and so I used my glasses. I'm looking at the sun and my eyes actually hurt.
Speaker 2: See I told you, I told you, yes, and you and you don't believe that everybody was googling.
Speaker 1: I'm just I can't believe that the people who were googling, like where were they?
Speaker 2: They just didn't hear all the warnings. I think that they did, but I think that they, like, you got the real deal glasses and your eyes are still left up? Was it?
Speaker 1: They hurt temporarily? It was like they were strained. I'll say they were strained. And I was like, damn, Like I wonder what my eyes would be like if I didn't even have those glasses.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I you know what I did. I sat on my couch the entire time, and you need to watch whatever show I was watching. And I enjoyed myself and I saw it got cloudy, yeah, like and then it was literally ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you still didn't get to see the actual like moon in front of the sun.
Speaker 2: It was just I was not interested. Now when we were at our last the last time we were together, we're at our studio, right, and so I posted a little clip from us in that studio and everybody's like, ooh ooh, yellow in the studio oo. And then I saw somebody DM me and it was like, you have to take down the picture of Pablo Escobar. So I watched a video fourteen times and didn't realize that on top of you, like you're sitting down, and on top of you is a picture of Pablo, I promise you. And that's probably why the play smell like we like, because they're probably hiding Pablo's money in there. Okay, so wait a minute, im gonnahow, I'm gonnahow you right now, there's and so like what all right, Sean Robin hold on? So in our in our big shot, in our yeah, our big shot. There is a picture. I don't know why we didn't see it while we were filming. I don't know why we didn't take it down, but it hilario.
Speaker 1: Honestly, even if I saw it, I wouldn't have realized that this was Pablo Escobar.
Speaker 2: Well, we should still should have taken it down. It should have been like totally white, reasonably shady, right right.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see it there we were, Yeah, I didn't even see it there. Okay, so that's hilarious. Yeah, that's so fine.
Speaker 2: I thought he was. So when I read the DM, it was like, the studio looks great minus the picture of Pablo Escobar. I thought, no, he said minus Pablo Escobar. I thought he was like calling me Pablo Escobar. I'm like, me and Pablo have nothing in common. So I went and looked at the video. I was like, oh my god, it was Pablo Escobar picture on top of Robert Tad. That is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so speaking of the studio, we're back in my house, Yes we are. That was short lived because you know, and I don't want to like talk bad about anything, but the smoke and the weed smell was just a little too much. My clothes like reeked of that smell, Like, well, they haven't been watched yet, they're still in the laundry, but like I can still smell that if I went and smelled my clothes today, still smell like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then just a couple other things.
Speaker 1: That you know, we weren't quite impressed with, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: Actually I like Robins Howe's Yeah, yeah, you know, it's funny. And now I can just be back to like wearing sweatpants. You had on sweatpants in last week whenever we did that, but it was like it was like, oh, you looked cute. It's cute sweatpants. Yeah, okay, speaking of cute, had did you care about Coachella? Like Coachella came and left and no one seemed to care. Isn't Coachella like a multiple weekend? Yeah, so the first ration has happened. I don't think the second weekend. Is nick this coming up?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, So I do know that Will Smith came and he sang like men and Black and that was it. But if Will Smith's coming to sing when men in black and men black men in black, Well, hey, who likes that song?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Why would he sing summertime? Right? I don't know. And it was a whole stage men in black stage. What didn't make any sense to me. No shade to will Smith, but he could have sayed in the audience.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Coachella came and left. No one cared. They couldn't even didn't even sell out they were giving The tickets were twenty five dollars. Really, yes, So if it's not Beyonce, who cares?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Not beyond the only thing I saw from Coachella was Jade and Smith's vote hupping Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber kissing tating Smith on the next yes's the only thing I saw. They came out of Coachell.
Speaker 2: I did see Oi Bieber performed, Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Did see that. Heber performed with Tim's yea. I said, like that like one song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Justin Bieber, like I think he's like so cute or whatever. Yeah, he is cute, Katie Pie, but yeah, that's only dang. Yeah, So we're gonna need for Coachell to revamp, right or I don't know, figure it out. Yeah, now bear with me on this, okay. Right now, it is flooding in Dubai. Okay, well just ask me about this exactly. So when I was reading about because it it has rained more in the past, I think, for three or four days in Dubai than it ever has ever in its history. Okay, okay, So imagine like the deserts are all like the sand is wet. The sand sand don't even know what to do when it's wet. There's like it has rained like five or six inches. Okay. So then I was reading the articles about it, and they said that they they change the weather. They do something with It's called cloud seating, right something.
Speaker 1: He asked me, like what is cloud seating? And I have no idea what is that.
Speaker 2: I think they shoot something into the atmosphere. This is just my I'm making this up. They shoot something in the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: I thought it meant it was raining because of the cloud seating. No, yeah right, oh oh No, Dubias floods weren't caused by cloud seating.
Speaker 2: Okay. These headlines are weird.
Speaker 1: How UAE creates artificial rain linked to Dubai weather chaos.
Speaker 2: So they're okay, maybe they're making it rain. I don't know. I thought making it rain meant something else. So I want to say, don't play with God, just leave God alone because yeah, this is so now God is mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, God is mad because they did something. So this another article what caused the UAE storms and torrential rain n CM and I don't know who that is, confirms there was cloud seating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cloud seating. I don't know. But the cloud seating is to make it rain. I guess they don't want to make it rain. Do bigrinds to stand still as cloud seating worsens flooding? Yeah. Yeah, it's some mess going on. And apparently whatever the cloud seeding I think they have, it's a gas that they shoot into the sky. Yeah, we totally make this up. It has messed up. I think the vegetation of some We all know. Dubai is a man made country, not country, but a man made area, right right, and it's beautiful, right, but now they're messing it up.
Speaker 5: So much rain in such a dry country has led to speculation that it was caused by cloud seeding. The United Arab Emirates regularly sends planes into clouds to scatter tiny particles in the hope that they will draw together moisture and form rain drops. But not this time, said the authorities, and a British scientist says it was a natural weather event turbocharged by climate change.
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever, this is okay, Now saying blame climate change is not cloud right, this is I'm blaming.
Speaker 2: I'm blaming them regardless.
Speaker 1: Like I want to know what the car.
Speaker 2: And God is angry. I'm just telling you all right, now, leave God alone. God predicts the weather, not not man, No, not the Dubaians. Yeah, okay, if that's the word, that's wild. Yeah, it's a thing. Now. I do want to bring up Lisa Renna. Yeah, let me tell you awesome the past I don't know, seventy two hours, the Bravo world has been in topsy turvy.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, okay, so of course, yeah, you know, we're a little we're we're recording.
Speaker 2: Yes, but so you know, right, Robin Dixon is leaving the Real Housewives to tell me, yes, Crystal Mincom is the real list name Mincoln married on on Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Leaving right, And it sounded like from the message, sounded like that was a network decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was funny because her husband like tweeted, you see what he says. It was so funny. He said he was gonna bring it. Yes, He's like, oh man, I was gonna bring it this. And so if you watch Beverly Hills, you see like he's totally joking.
Speaker 1: I was kind of how do you were you surprised by that? I mean, okay, I'll be honest. I did not watch a single episode of Beverly Hills. I shared did I enjoyed it?
Speaker 2: I didn't see the whole thing, but I mean I saw some episodes. I enjoyed them. Yeah, Lisa Renna. Let's just talk about Lisa Renna because we so when Lisa Renna left Beverly Hills, I said publicly like I was really sad about it because she would always send us rental.
Speaker 1: Beauty, right, like her.
Speaker 2: Lip glosses are amazing and lip the lip liners and all that, and she sent us like an eye palette. She would like every quarter we get new stuff. So I'm like, oh my gosh, maybe she's mad at all Housewives. We're not going to get anything anymore. But Lisa Renna is still hooking us up.
Speaker 1: Still, Yes, Lisa rent of Beauty is still going.
Speaker 2: Yes, so thank you, Lisa Rena.
Speaker 1: Yes, he got because we got some new she had some eye patches. Yes, So it's like, I guess she's getting into skincare and then some new lip, some more lip stuff.
Speaker 2: And I saw she's like she was doing like a Mark Jacob's campaign with her daughter.
Speaker 1: I think was it Mark Jacobs.
Speaker 2: I think he's been doing a lot.
Speaker 1: She's in like a new movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm here for Lisa Rena. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think she's enjoying her time as she should outside of housewives.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, as she should. What else happened in the Bravo world? What was it?
Speaker 1: Alexia's husband from Alexia from Miami? Her husband foult for divorce and Alexias shocked. So I'm like curious to what happened. I didn't I didn't watch Miami either, so I don't know. But according to people who watch it, they're like not surprised.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so I was so surprised. Yeah, yeah, she You know, Alexi and I were did Girls Trip together. She always talked about Todd Todd Todd and how much Todd, So yeah, I was like totally shocked. Yeah, yeah, I read it out to her.
Speaker 1: Really Okay did she respond?
Speaker 2: She did not, Okay, yeah, I don't expect her to.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, eventually, right, yes, yeah, yeah yeah? And then what else was it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I read something that I thought was interesting. Rebecca Minkoff, the fashion designer, is joining The Real Housewives of New York.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I wonder if she, she and General are friends Jennalyant.
Speaker 1: I would think so friends associates. They probably you know, run in the same circles or know each other, so that I think, I don't know, I think that's really cool, like that people like Jenna Lions and Rebecca Minkoff are doing on the show.
Speaker 2: If they have dirt on each other, they have tea well. And then Bette Midler is joining Beverly Hills. She wants to. That's why it's so cute. That's why they got rid of Crystal to get Bette Midler. I am here for it, Okay, cute. She's probably a little sassy, little something. She's probably like she gonna give Jane a little ralph and how my knee?
Speaker 1: What else was it was like something else too? It was just a lot and it was like boom boom boom, you know all it like one time.
Speaker 2: It was it was like on all. But I mean, listen the rival world with with all of the different personalities, there's always something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always something going on. Yes, and of course we don't like to see bad stuff going on, but you know that happens too. But yeah, like change is good, change is fun, and change happens and it keeps you guys interested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, this is the last thing I want to talk about. So I read that there's good.
Speaker 1: There's like there's going.
Speaker 2: To be a new only Fans Models that you can clone yourself by using AI and become a virtual girlfriend, right and make a dollar a minute? What. Yeah, so I'm just here to tell y'all, well I'm cloning myself.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for telling me, because you know, I'm like out of a job here, y'all.
Speaker 2: Also, yes, so maybe I've got to do that. Yes, so real, real, like rest in peace to the to the only Model fans that are normal, like the normal ones. Yes, yeah, y'all are gone because now you can clone yourself, so you like you can go on there and do whatever because you're gonna blame it on the ai of it all.
Speaker 1: Okay, so someone can say I want Robin to be my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm going on a date, y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm actually really gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yes me, Robin, you think I'm dunking me? I too, because it's not you, it's a I.
Speaker 1: So, oh my god, it would be such a good girlfriend because I can.
Speaker 2: Talk sports like I can talk sex. Okay, I'll be amazing. Come on, I'll swallow if you want. Oh my god, yes, but you I mean, so who's swallowing the artificial intelligence? Yes, yes, yes, I mean if it's as I would swallow too, okay, because it's not really me. Oh my god, Yes, this is gonna be good stuff. Oh that's funny. So can you do the research and then let me know? Yes, okay, because I heard like Denise Richards is making a lot of money any well, I heard Liam McSweeney was making more than she made on on Housewives. She was a new Housewives. They're probably paying her rise, so that doesn't say much, so that barometers very new. But Robin, I think we can make coatrillions. Oh okay, So you're gonna do the research and you're gonna let me know, I am. Don't try to like be greedy and just like take all the money. Okay, No, I mean I'm sure they take all the boyfriends.
Speaker 1: No, but there's guys out there that they want multiple girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Oh, we could tag team them. We could my clone and your clothes could take them out together. It could be a green eyed banded date sandwich.
Speaker 1: Green eye banded, green eye banded sandwich.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is going this is going laft. We are out of here. Guys, don't ever forget to live your life, either reasonable or or both bite bite. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple popodcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady