Speaker 1: Hey, this may be a world record. Welcome to the brand new Second Date podcast. Today, we're wrecking Jeffrey. Yeah for the shortest date we've heard.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that ten minutes in She's like, take me home. Yeah yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna find out why because the guy doesn't know either. Coming up here in a second, But first let's start with comments.
Speaker 2: Well, kind of the opposite of a short date. John said, I once got lost.
Speaker 3: On a hike on a date and we were lost for like three hours, almost got ran over by a horse, and then went to waffle house. And now we've been married for five years.
Speaker 4: Oh, right after the helicopter came in.
Speaker 2: Save Yeah, yeah, where does a horse come in? I don't know? Or the waffle house? Yeah, starting to think he was just in a field the suburbs somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, thank you for sharing your story.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: We got your brand new Second Date episode starting right now, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date Updates.
Speaker 5: Today, we have a quote unquote returning listener. His name is Jason quote unquote. He says he's been on the show before for this very segment, and well, I gotta be honest. I looked back into the archives and I can't find his call anywhere. So was he really on the show? Is he making it up just to sound cool, because that's totally what I would do. But I guess we might be forced to believe him. I mean, Jason, can you at least jog our memory and tell us what happened the last time that you supposedly were on with us?
Speaker 6: You guys had me on twice?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, oh, you were on more than once.
Speaker 6: We did an update update?
Speaker 2: Did we just never Eric? Because it was very funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you a boring guy?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll star from the beginning that I was dating this girl, Emily, and she said that she didn't want to go back out on a date with me because I had a hard time saying no. She wanted a guy that could push back more stand up for his thoughts and opinions, and that's what you guys were helping me out with.
Speaker 5: So you went out with the man who wanted her boyfriend to say no to her. Does that sound realistical?
Speaker 4: I love a.
Speaker 1: Man who can make a choice. Decision is one of the most unsexy traits.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you said you were on for an update update that means you two were together. What happened?
Speaker 6: Well, I started being able to stand up for myself from time to time and we actually did end up dating for a little bit there.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, so why did it end?
Speaker 6: Okay, she broke up with me because she got a dog and she wanted to name it Spinner and taking your guys advice. I was like, no, that's a dumb name.
Speaker 5: Broke Why would you tell him that a man should stand up to a woman. That's horrible.
Speaker 2: It's got your dog? Yeah, geez, that is kind of memes so aggressive.
Speaker 6: I mean no, I said, you need to name him an acute human name like Kevin, because that's like funny, we love get.
Speaker 2: Your own dog named m Kevin.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's kind of what she said. Well anyway, I didn't back down, so I was like, no, you're not naming a dog Spinner, and she ended up breaking up with me.
Speaker 5: Oh yow.
Speaker 2: I met her and Spinner really happy though, for.
Speaker 5: Real, after you gave her exactly what she wanted a guy that says no, and then she didn't.
Speaker 4: Like that to her own life decisions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard to decipher what women really want.
Speaker 2: So did you do that again to another girl. Now is that yeah?
Speaker 6: No, but good guess because I am now dating a different girl. Her name is Riley, all right?
Speaker 5: Is that a stupid name?
Speaker 1: Way?
Speaker 2: That's a human name. So he's okay with it?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, we like name humans with human names are okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a bold stance to take, but good for you.
Speaker 6: Okay. So here here's the problem. The date only lasted about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: WHOA, that's not good.
Speaker 2: Do you even consider it a date at that point?
Speaker 4: Just a run in at that Did you plan on it being a quick date?
Speaker 6: I planned a whole day. So I picked her up at her place and it just started like a normal date. You know, how's your day? Where are we going? Like, what's going on? Nice to meet you? Other shops and then all of the sudden, we're barely ten minutes down the road and she just says, I think it's best if we don't go out.
Speaker 5: Actually, before you even get to the destination where you're driving.
Speaker 6: To, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, like the ac barely got the car cool?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Did she see like duck tape and a shovel in the back seat and that's why she wanted to turn around.
Speaker 6: She had to sEH, I kind of thought. I mean, I never tried to catfish everybody. All my pictures are current online. But I'm like thinking, Okay, she probably got in the car thought I was ugly? Want to go back home?
Speaker 5: Is that far Alexis? Does that happen a lot? Why are you laughing? Why why are you giggling about him?
Speaker 1: Thing?
Speaker 5: Thing that he's ugly?
Speaker 2: Your first thought?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Put that aside. I mean, if she didn't think you were ugly? What else? Like, was anything else happened?
Speaker 2: We were shovels?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I mean I said that where I said, what do you mean? Like you want to go back right now? And the only thing she gave me was that it just wasn't what she expected. Like, I mean, I don't know exactly what she meant by that, but she obviously don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, did you use your the lessons that you learned from before and say no, you're staying in this car and we are going on this date.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea, Jeff.
Speaker 5: I think that's a romantic nod.
Speaker 2: I think it's kidnapping.
Speaker 6: But yeah, did quite go there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 6: But I dropped her off and that that was kind of it.
Speaker 5: So maybe this isn't the best question to ask, but I need to know. Was there a kiss?
Speaker 4: Okay, it would.
Speaker 5: Be funny if they made out passionately and then they then they left.
Speaker 4: He's like, oh, she spent the night.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, I brought her, I bought her flowers. It she just like she just threw him in the back seat of the car, got out, left them, really cocted her afterwards. No response. I guess I'm not shocked, but like, I just want clarity.
Speaker 2: It sounds like even if she did say ugly, you could take it.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: We go all right, okay, that's not bad. There, we can work with a six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're tracking, that's right.
Speaker 5: Look how high Brooks voice is going like, yeah, isn't bad. He's actually protectives, I believe you. Let's see what Riley has to say. If we can get her on the phone, we'll try and get you your second second date update on this show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, memorable guy, super memorable jam.
Speaker 5: Right after this hold.
Speaker 2: On man Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us, We've got a return caller, Jason on the phone, who described himself as a solid six. But is he in New York six or an Idaho sh Oh? We didn't ask that because there is a difference.
Speaker 2: Come on, there's somebody for everybody, even in Idaho. Four out there, all right, Mary.
Speaker 5: But he only brought up his own looks because after just ten minutes of driving together, Jason's date suddenly changed her mind and said, actually, this isn't what I was expecting, and she asked to be taken home. So his thought was, well, maybe she just didn't think I was attractive enough in person.
Speaker 4: Like she finally looked left ten minutes into the drive and was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: What if it's not about him? What if she wasn't wearing the right outfit?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Like he explained what they were gonna do for the date, and she's like, I don't have tennis shoes.
Speaker 4: No, just said, hold on, let me run inside real quick. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: He's trying to make it not about sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ugly, it's possible, Jason. Have you considered that Riley hates herself a little bit?
Speaker 4: Wait, that's what you got?
Speaker 5: How she looks. Oh, now I get it.
Speaker 6: I'm considering that I might hate myself a little bit.
Speaker 5: Now, Okay, good guy. He never got any specific answer on what was such a letdown, So that's what he's hoping to get today at a bare minimum, and then maybe we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 4: And this may be the first time. The hope is that she thinks he's ugly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we're two people who both don't find themselves attractive. Could be meant for each other. That's the optimism that you wanted, right, Broke.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying she wasn't prepared for whatever he had planned that day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Okay, Well we can all hope for different things.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's made he's ugly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, could be the perfect guys.
Speaker 4: Call it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jason, I'm gonna call her here in a second, but real quick, how was she looking that night? Your opinion?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Better than a six? Pretty good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go. I won't quote you directly on that, but yeah, let's style her number and see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Riley, uh speaking right, Hey, Riley, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome morning, Welcome to it.
Speaker 5: Riley, Hi, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry?
Speaker 5: Who is this that hurts every time? Yeah, but no, we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and this is a segment that we do called the second Date Update.
Speaker 6: Okay, I know you're not.
Speaker 5: A woman who likes her time to be wasted, so I'm going to get right to this. Jeff you went out with a listener of our show, a guy named Jason, and he told us the date didn't go how he thought it was going to go.
Speaker 2: It didn't really go at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we didn't really go out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're sorry about that.
Speaker 5: That sucks.
Speaker 7: Huh uh No, not really right.
Speaker 5: We heard it was your idea to not continue the date. But Jason is a little bit confused on why you felt that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I mean, I don't know how he could be, but really.
Speaker 2: You think it's something that obvious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean we were in the car and he said we're going to this restaurant. I know the restaurant. I like the restaurant. And then when I'm in the car, he's like, oh, I didn't make a reservation, and I was like, you know, it's a busy night, like you probably should have made a reservation. He's like, oh, well, I don't know any other restaurants in the area. Okay, but we have phones, so just google.
Speaker 4: But he's like, you know.
Speaker 7: It's fine. We can just stand outside and do like small talk.
Speaker 4: Oh that's an awful backup plan, like when you do adjust. You know, he should have.
Speaker 2: Just planning before you even get to the restaurant.
Speaker 5: Though, what's going through your mind? I'm curious.
Speaker 2: It sounds like an argument.
Speaker 1: You have, like three years into a relationship, so you didn't make reservations.
Speaker 2: Of course you didn't.
Speaker 1: You never put any effort into these days the car around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Brooks saying it sounds like he belonged together.
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, we absolutely don't. Okay, I don't want my time wasted. Like I don't know why you think, like I can.
Speaker 6: Just stand outside for forty five minutes.
Speaker 7: It's a Friday night, like I'd rather hang out with my friends.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just misspoke, you know, maybe he meant like we'd go to a bar. We'll walk down the street and see if there's something else while we wait.
Speaker 7: I said that and he then clarified. I was like, oh, you mean like get you know, a drink inside or somewhere next door, and he's like, no, we can just stand outside so we don't miss our name.
Speaker 4: Oh, for thea he.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a type of person that arrives five hours early for a flo Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can understand how that would be a red flag for Riley where he doesn't plan ahead enough and she's feeling like he doesn't value her time.
Speaker 2: But that's a fix.
Speaker 1: I mean, why wouldn't you make that clear to him in that point, like, hey, it doesn't feel like you really care about your time with me.
Speaker 7: Well, I did say, I don't think we're a good fit. Do you mind just dropping me back off? And he said fine, So I thought it was clear.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, we value your time very much and that's why we don't want to waste any more of your time. And letting you know that Jason is listening to this phone call right now. He's actually been on it the entire time and wants to talk to you. What, Yeah, yeah, Jason, are you there?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 6: Riley? Hey, So are you just making all that stuff up because you think I'm ugly and you're not trying to hurt my feelings.
Speaker 5: Oh, das sticking to his first theory.
Speaker 2: Why would you say that, Jason. That's not what she said at all.
Speaker 6: I was just is it illegal to ask?
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's someone that's in your head a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, this is good to get it out of the way. Do you find Jason attractive or not? Riley?
Speaker 7: I mean I wouldn't have gone on the date if I didn't find you a track. I was interested, but your lack of planning just felt like you didn't care and you just thought you could. You know, it seemed kind of arrogant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's mad about you not having a full plan.
Speaker 6: It sounds like, no, it's not that I didn't have a plan. The plan was just called vibes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Guys, we're adults.
Speaker 3: That's not a thing.
Speaker 7: You're not going to waste my Friday night with just vibes.
Speaker 1: But why didn't you pivot and say, oh, shoot, we have a forty five minute wait, let's pop by next door and discover a new spot.
Speaker 6: If we got there and there was like a place next door, you know, I wouldn't say that I was opposed to that necessarily. I just thought it'd be better to make sure that our name could we could hear a name, because what if we missed it all together, that'd be bad.
Speaker 5: At least we got to the core and know exactly what the issue was that caused the problem on this date. So why don't Riley Jason, you two talk to each other, see if there's some natural chemistry when you just are left alone to your own devices. Go ahead, Jason, why don't you start it off?
Speaker 6: Okay, now we got past that little speed bump here, Ridley, if I've made reservations this time, are you in to go that? If that was the only thing that was holding you back?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I don't know. I think you have a lot of self esteem issues going on.
Speaker 6: No, there's no self esteem issues. I know exactly where I said. I'm a solid six.
Speaker 5: We know this. We've been over there. No, that was you. But yeah, just.
Speaker 6: Because everything didn't go exactly your way, I think we're already learning how to compromise. I think this is the start of a beautiful partnership. Wow, I've shown you that I can take criticism and respond in a favorable manner. Who doesn't want gross in the relationship to appreciate that.
Speaker 7: I do appreciate that. The jumping to conclusions that I thought you were ugly kind of makes me nervous.
Speaker 1: Why, well, no, let him respond to it with Jeff.
Speaker 6: Jason, Well, like I said before, I feel like I'm about a six and I feel like you're probably around the same area. Seems like a good fit.
Speaker 5: That was like a smooth, smooth delivery.
Speaker 2: It's a good match.
Speaker 6: You know, we're both not classically attractive.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jason, we were there.
Speaker 2: You did it already, You already turned it around.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, hold on, Riley, because your heart beating fast hearing Jason say that to you.
Speaker 7: I's definitely the most romantic thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to take that at face value and ask would you like to go out on another date with Jason, because we'd pay for it and we'd put the reservation in for him.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jason, man, I'm sorry that we couldn't get this to work out between you and Riley, but hey, we look forward to your third attempt at a second date update where we'll definitely remember who you are.
Speaker 4: We got to make a note.
Speaker 1: Or something on him Yeah, he's Jason the six perfect reoking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Something we really didn't get to break down too much during that is it rude to ditch someone just because they didn't make reservations before the date and you didn't find out un till you're in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a good point.
Speaker 5: Or was she justified in telling him to turn around the car text in seventy eight five nine two? Because I'm genuinely.
Speaker 4: Curious, I gotta say she was a little justified. If you're on the way really to a nice date and the person tells you on the way, no, I didn't make a reservation, and you know you're gonna have to stand out for two hours, I'd be like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here for the food, not for the company.
Speaker 2: You didn't give him a chance though.
Speaker 4: At all, like me, don't stand outside for two.
Speaker 2: But I will say, at least you didn't cost him any money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't even take the flowers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, true, that part it was all out of control, because I agree you probably should have made a reservation, But I do think it was harsh to call everything off just because there was no serious planning.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't just that, it was that he wouldn't even pivot to go get a drink next door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean, let's even go to Denny's something.
Speaker 5: Whatever it was, it didn't work out for Jason this time around.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he'll be back.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I promise you he will.
Speaker 4: Will We remember.
Speaker 1: We need one of those customer cards where you get a punch every time you but.
Speaker 5: No matter who you are, if you've been on once, twice a million times, we're always here to help. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and you go find all of our second dates wherever you find them online. Get it at your podcast at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,